Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Brand Evolution

• Start Topic

Diane Von Furstenberg, queen of the iconic wrap dress, had entire lines of separates and other dresses that sold before her wrap hit the fashion sweet spot, and launched her into a "Global" brand. 

Not a single one of these folks has anything that I can see going over that huge with the entire worldwide fashion industry.  Certainly no design concept worth a million dollars.  But maybe the finale will blow our minds. 

Yeah, right.  

• Love 1

I, too was insulted when the judges accused Meghan of being influenced by Ester's and Jonny's edgier styles. They often seemed to talk down to her and minimize her talent. If you watch her face throughout the competition,  you could tell she was aware of this. 

And, honestly? I feel that Meghan should have gotten some credit for influencing Jonny to explore his softer side. It was after his partnership with her that his work started to evolve. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I just binged S1 on Amazon Prime, and I don’t think I will be returning for S2.  Although it had a better budget than PR, the emphasis on “brand” over design or construction made no sense.

Weirdly, Megan’s elimination made me see red for a couple of days. Honestly, I felt like Megan was held to a standard of perfection, while Jonny’s flaws were excused. Megan lost the branding win because her model was sitting down, even though Jonny’s whole brand name put one in mind of a burn victim unit. And then this episode, Jonny’s first look was, everyone already has each of the pieces in their closet, versus, the crotch on this one pair of Megan’s pants isn’t perfect, and also, Esther invented black clothing.

Megan should at least have made final three, as her collections consistently were wearable across a broad consumer base.  

Edited by Archery
  • Love 1