Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, peaceknit said:

I'm all about the stuffing. I used to stuff the turkey but have moved on to making it in a separate pan. the secret is adding extra butter, it works a charm!

When we had our really big family Thanksgiving my mom made the best stuffing, in the bird.  I never put it in the bird but have been looking for a good recipe.  My mom used the store bought bread cubes, but many recipes call for day old fresh cut bread cubes.  My gathering started out small and is now really small.  Someone my son works with had a positive covid test so he and his family are quarantined at home.  

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

When we had our really big family Thanksgiving my mom made the best stuffing, in the bird.  I never put it in the bird but have been looking for a good recipe.  My mom used the store bought bread cubes, but many recipes call for day old fresh cut bread cubes.  My gathering start out small and is now really small.  Someone my son works with had a positive covid test so he and his family are quarantined at home.  

I used to add celery to the store bought stuffing mix and used chicken broth instead of water. And plenty of butter. Roasted it in the turkey. 😋

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6

My kids and I just generally buy a bunch of pies/treats and then just munch on them all day.   Sometimes we get Indian food if we want something other than desserts.   

They've had their traditional Thanksgiving at their dad's family's house but they aren't crazy about turkey and truly would rather just eat pie.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

When we had our really big family Thanksgiving my mom made the best stuffing, in the bird.  I never put it in the bird but have been looking for a good recipe.  My mom used the store bought bread cubes, but many recipes call for day old fresh cut bread cubes.  My gathering start out small and is now really small.  Someone my son works with had a positive covid test so he and his family are quarantined at home.  

My brother and I usually cook together, though sometimes we've gone out, just for fun.  (Last year we went to the hotel where my son was cheffing, so my mother could see him in action, and we had a blast.) I found some great stuffing recipes on Epicurious. My favorite was a sausage and chestnut stuffing. But I've done old school breadcrumb and onion, cornbread and sausage, all different kinds! Its fun to switch it up! 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

I just generally buy a bunch of pies/treats

I have been dieting since August, I can't wait to have a piece of pie on Thanksgiving. I am not counting calories for one day. 🤭

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
44 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

It’s always just the four of us being alone n Ohio. We were naughty this year and bought turkey and premade sides from whole foods. I. Usually passed out from food and Prosecco by 5 pm, so glad there are no close relatives to see my disgraceful behaviour 

The Whole Foods turkey and sides are good! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

I’m so mach behind and a little drunkee.  It’s my birfday and I am old...

What’s the hangman?

Happy Birthday! 🍾🍷🎂

It involves a  fried chicken restaurant franchise that sells fried turkeys this time of year. I only know of one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Now these are the kinds of interesting cultural things I’ve been wanting to see on this God-forsaken show, no pun intended. Ari, just calm down.  It’s a baptism.  They’re not going to hurt the baby. 

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17

One minute with her phone, and Ari could read all about the baptism, what to expect, and how it goes.  Ari can stop looking down her nose at the practices of another religion.   What a raving b-word she is.   She can also stop making those disapproving noises, as if the others can't figure out her attitude.  

So they pour the water, instead of dunking him, that sounds better.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Bees52 said:

Happy Birthday! 🍾🍷🎂

It involves a  fried chicken restaurant franchise that sells fried turkeys this time of year. I only know of one.

Wait wut?  They have fried turkey?!  They are practically in my back yard...

• Love 4