Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

Jesus' baptism would be observed on January 19th in Ethiopian Orthodoxy.  Avi was born on December 17.  So, Ari and Bini's story somehow bypassed any Christmas and Hannukah strife, and, unlike Jenny & Sumit and Deaven & Jihoon, is pre-COVID.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Those last three minutes with Sumit’s parents made the whole two hours worth it. 

I was riveted reading the screen!!  May have to watch again.  I'd suffer through an Other Way Strikes Back show just to see Jenny react to the subtitles in that scene.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Then why didn't she just tell Jenny off and to leave her son alone? Sheesh.

I thought I heard her ask for a water in perfect English when they were setting up,  maybe I'm wrong 

But she lives to shame Summit 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Well, that escalated quickly!

Thanks for all the laughs tonight, my friends. Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate on Thursday. 

8 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends. Hope to see some of you for Pillow Talk 

7 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Be careful with the tryptophan, kids! Have a happy Thanksgiving and make a list of all the things you’re thankful for, like this live chat! 

7 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Happy Thanksgiving and have a great week!

7 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Happy Thanksgiving, you turkeys!

4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Good night friends, happy Thanksgiving, no matter how you are observing this year. I love you all. Stay safe!!

3 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

Happy Thanksgiving one and all, near and far. I’m thankful for you  guys who always make me laugh!

2 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope y'all have a great week!  

giphy.gif

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Zombness said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!       Take care and be safe!!!

5 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

Great snark - Happy Thanksgiving & stay safe!

7 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!  Pretty sure I'm going to miss watching the finale live next week but I look forward to reading all the snark!

4 minutes ago, Maybeitsme said:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, enjoy and be safe! All your food talk has made me hungry 

2 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Happy turkey day to everyone south of the border. And enjoy Black Friday (if you partake)!

I guess everyone is leaving. That's what I get for being so late!

giphy.gif

Happy Thanksgiving Primetimer Peeps! Fiancé Folks! Stay Safe!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Thanks for all the laughs tonight, my friends. Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate on Thursday. I love to cook and I cannot wait to get that turkey in the oven. Since my girlfriend and I bought this house in 2016, we enjoy a very quiet Thanksgiving Day, just the two of us. I sometimes miss the big family Thanksgivings I was once a part of, but it's nice to be able to eat whenever I decide and not have to wait for certain family members to show up.

We're your big virtual family, MmeCorday

I am thankful for my snarkalishish friends 

Edited by OoogleEyes
My phone sucks. Or, maybe it's the bourbon. Who knows
  • Love 10
29 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and then decided to cut my hair and it is the worst haircut of my life and I blame Cheesedick and Malaise

You should have let Brittany cut your hair!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I look forward to spending my Sunday nights with you all and I am sincerely thankful for that.  It’s always great fun whether the episode is good or not.  Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!🍁🍽🦃 ❤️

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

I thought that Sumit & Jenny lived an hour away from their first place and his parents.  That looks like a long, uncomfortable ride, if so.

Lived there (briefly), so I'd say that even for a long ride, two people taking a private tuk tuk or "rickshaw" in India is pretty ordinary...and not at all uncomfortable by local standards. It's much more upscale than having to take the ones that run for shared rides:

20131216_155612.jpg.1a4d17a0fc8f2c2f87beaf1cf8fe673c.jpg

I think there were 8 or 9 people in that one.  

And I saw much, much worse, like these people riding in this small minivan for hours between Gurgaon and Agra.

20140606_153958.jpg.21dcb1ba347a4a024350e3a4d3828a41.jpg

At the time, I totally thought this was batshit cray:

20140605_095846.jpg.3502d12fdc2a3aa4bf75634e96ab3552.jpg

But this one still takes the cake:

20140608_163748.jpg.4ffa5c97453b9aef5590a26f667adc76.jpg

20140608_163744.jpg.d5ddd97d9b65545a75c309fbee46cdeb.jpg

Count your blessings, People.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 11/22/2020 at 6:02 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Once again, I cast doubt on the notion that this is Jenny and Sumit's crappy apartment in a shady neighborhood. It looks lovely. 

I pretty much agree with you, but in India, it can be hard to tell what's a "shady" neighborhood and what's a "nice" one. In Gurgaon/Gurugram (Some Meat's hometown), there's a Porsche dealership that is literally on the same block as a shantytown.

As for that apartment, it is what I would call upper middle class, despite the littered and unattended dirt fields outside...probably with wild dogs running around. Though I totally noticed the tabletop stove, complete with gas line running from the little gas meter across the kitchen counter. And the little (by North American standards) fridge, in the fucking living room 🤣. I'm only laughing because it all seems so familiar to me. And a fridge that size is definitely upscale. I had friends -- working professionals, mind you -- who did not own one at all. They simply walked to the market every time they needed something perishable.

Edited by Trackdawg
Jihoon's fault.
  • Useful 6
16 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I used to add celery to the store bought stuffing mix and used chicken broth instead of water. And plenty of butter. Roasted it in the turkey. 😋

My grandmother was Canadian (i think - never get a straight answer from my mom's side) anyway..  we had DRESSING.  and it was stuffed in the turkey (who cared about salmonella).  hamburger/pork .. celery, onion and tons of sage (which would be BELL'S SEASONING).  also stock.. but you get the drift.. It is SO AMAZINGLY GREAT for one day of the year.  just like pork pie. 😍

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Boston said:

My grandmother was Canadian (i think - never get a straight answer from my mom's side) anyway..  we had DRESSING.  and it was stuffed in the turkey (who cared about salmonella).  hamburger/pork .. celery, onion and tons of sage (which would be BELL'S SEASONING).  also stock.. but you get the drift.. It is SO AMAZINGLY GREAT for one day of the year.  just like pork pie. 😍

My mother called it “filling.”

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, Trackdawg said:

I pretty much agree with you, but in India, it can be hard to tell what's a "shady" neighborhood and what's a "nice" one. In Gurgaon/Gugugram (Some Meat's hometown), there's a Porsche dealership that is literally on the same block as a shantytown.

As for that apartment, it is what I would call upper middle class, despite the littered and unattended dirt fields outside...probably with wild dogs running around. Though I totally noticed the tabletop stove, complete with gas line running from the little gas meter across the kitchen counter. And the little (by North American standards) fridge, in the fucking living room 🤣. I'm only laughing because it all seems so familiar to me. And a fridge that size is definitely upscale. I had friends -- working professionals, mind you -- who did not own one at all. They simply walked to the market every time they needed something perishable.

You are so dang funny.. i almost fell off the couch (2020),, hysterical.. your posts

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

So this was 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way, but only Deaven and Jihoon are actually married.  Do her three weddings carry all the other couples?  Why wasn't this Before the 90 Days?

giphy.gif