Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

She had the baby two weeks before her due date and they’re completely unprepared to the point where they don’t even have a crib or baby bath.  I just . . . don’t get it. 

Priorities again. Right?

• Love 4

I bathed my son in the kitchen sink. I had so much baby stuff but I didn't use a fifth of it. I gave most of it away. The only things I used in abundance were receiving blankets, cloth diapers (I used disposables for him but cloth diapers are super useful), onesies, baby washcloths, and bottles. And binkies. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Mine too..bought me my very first album.. TOMMY 

Mine got me a bike! 

1 minute ago, greekmom said:

While I like the name Gabriel, Gabe reminds me of Welcome Back Kotter.

I love the nickname Gabe. It sounds friendly and accessible. 

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh dear god, they're going to start grilling Ari? She's two hours post party and full of pain killers! It will keep! 

Seriously, she has 40 days! 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

Times have changed so much with babies...my grandma put her babies in dresser drawers, washed them in the kitchen sink, had one that was premature and put him by an open oven door to keep him warm. Everyone survived. 

I bathed my daughter in the kitchen sink, at that time we had a new house with a huge sink

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Naturally, the only way to ensure your American girlfriend doesn’t take the baby and leave the country is to... 

... have a baby with an Christian Ethiopian woman who doesn’t threaten to take the baby away. How did Binyam not learn this before? You are going to lose this baby too!

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Call him Nicholas. Everyone likes Nick. Nick's your bud.

I wanted to name my baby Nicholas (if it was a boy).   My Mother Hated that name.   So, no, not everyone likes it!   I have a girl - Gina.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Mine got me a bike! 

I love the nickname Gabe. It sounds friendly and accessible. 

I like it too. But she prefers the other one because it sounds like her name.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, kacesq said:

So their plan was for Mom to bring stuff from the US when she came? She couldn’t send it ahead of time? She only had the kid a week before it’s due date. How are they so unprepared?

she must be bringing a name with her too.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Times have changed so much with babies...my grandma put her babies in dresser drawers, washed them in the kitchen sink, had one that was premature and put him by an open oven door to keep him warm. Everyone survived. 

That's what my mother said!  "you don't need a lot of stuff! you can put a baby in a dresser drawer!" 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

I wanted to name my baby Nicholas (if it was a boy).   My Mother Hated that name.   So, no, not everyone likes it!   I have a girl - Gina.

LOL, "Trevor" was on my short list. I'm from Boston. A friend said "Oh, TREVA! That's a nice name!". and it was removed from the short list at once. I named him Miles, which suits him very well. Years later there was a guy in his peer group named Trevor who was a real little shit and I was super glad I'd made the choice I did. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I started taking the pill just in case I decided to become sexually active. My mother was 'very disappointed ' but I thought I was being pretty responsible.

My family was so religious, only sex after marriage and you didn’t talk about it. Thankful to Planned Parenthood where back in the day I could go to anonymously for birth control pills.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I started taking the pill just in case I decided to become sexually active. My mother was 'very disappointed ' but I thought I was being pretty responsible.

That’s why I donate the PP to this day!  I asked for EVERYTHING and even they said it was probably overkill.  I was IN LOVE but not stupid.

• Love 13