Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

How in God’s name do you bring someone home in that condition.  

I can't believe how things have changed in surgery. IMO they release you way too soon. I was released less than 24 hours after my brain surgery-and the surgery took 9 hours! 

I do find it shocking, but its very common to release people right after major plastic surgery. My husband had 2 surgeries to put neurostimulators in his back and they sent him home within an hour.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Guys I scored a job interview with a top ranking educational institution and it is 2 hours...over Zoom....what the heck will they be asking me for 2 hours?

Is it one interview with a panel of people or a series of interviews, one after another? I did the former (in the before times, in person) for about 2 hours with 2 different sets of interviewers for the job I currently have.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I was released within a few hours when I had my wisdom teeth out. That was a half hour procedure.

I wouldn't wake up so they kept me longer but the surgery was short. Larissa should have been kept overnight 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Andi27 said:

Is it one interview with a panel of people or a series of interviews, one after another? I did the former (in the before times, in person) for about 2 hours with 2 different sets of interviewers for the job I currently have.

They didn't tell me but hopefully it is a series with different people. I have had long case study interviews in the past and they were terrible.

• Love 4

Insurance scoots you out the door lightning quick!  After a colonoscopy I was discharged half asleep...came home, went to bed, and didn’t wake up for 7 hours.  Last year after female surgery, I was pushed to my feet and told to go pee so I could go home, within 15 minutes of them removing my breathing tube.  A friend had top surgery in a doctor’s office and was wheeled semi-conscious to his car for me to take him back to his hotel room.

1 minute ago, Frozendiva said:

I was released within a few hours when I had my wisdom teeth out. That was a half hour procedure.

My dad had a melanoma removed in out patient surgery. Took over 2 hours. The whole thing was made even more stressful when the hospital was evacuated for a fire alarm in the middle of the procedure (not the operating rooms, luckily, but none of the people waiting were told anything). He wasn't nearly as groggy as Larissa when he was released to me, however. I would think they would wait until she was more lucid.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I had all my bottom teeth removed at the same time and they only kept me 30 minutes. I'd barely woken up by the time they released me. My husband carried me to the car.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

They didn't tell me but hopefully it is a series with different people. I have had long case study interviews in the past and they were terrible.

Good luck! You'll do great!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I wouldn't wake up so they kept me longer but the surgery was short. Larissa should have bee named kept overnight 

I had a breast reduction 20 years ago and was released before 24 hours, i.e. outpatient. Went couch shopping the next day LOL.

• Love 4