Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Anyone here live near Chicago? We are going to stay overnight there, first trip we have taken in a long time. We are going to stay at The Omni, if it was good enough for Oprah's guests it's good enough for me. 😂

I am in Chicago.  I’ve never stayed at the Omni but it’s in a nice location near the shopping of Michigan Avenue, all kinds of restaurants, museums, etc.  I’m sure you’ll have a nice time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Bees52 said:

Why are Betty and Ron so happy about Julia's card? It's no more free farm labor for them.

I'm pretty sure that you aren't allowed to swing without a green card.

• LOL 9
Just now, greekmom said:

If they want a party why don't they just have a bbq to introduce them to family and friends?

The COVID restrictions would define the party, not that Julia got a letter and Ron's turning 70.  TLC needs to keep its timeline straight.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

They were clearing out the Rebecca Minkoff bags and I got a wallet at $19. You just need to be at the right place at the right time and hit the final sale plus extra percent off. I visit some stuff til it drops.

I used to do that at Filene's Basement (the real one in downtown Boston, with automatic markdowns). I'd watch stuff till it went to 75% off. I had a friend who went there and only looked at the dates on the tags. As soon as she had a stack of stuff on final markdown, she took it to a corner and sorted through it, looking for deals. Shopping is an art!

4 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

So it was still about $200? I just can’t do it, but did splurge on a Dyson vacuum. That’s all you need to know about my sad pathetic life

I never get expensive vacuums. I get cheap $30 ones that I throw our after a year. 

Brandon's mother wants another fucking wedding? Move on, bitch. 

OK, what was Betty and Ron's "special song"? I vote "Let's Get it On" by Marvin Gaye.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Y'all, these are first world problems. A second wedding? Really? Is it necessary?

It is in TLC universe. 

3 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Something you want for them? Shouldn't their wedding be what they want?

Not in Betty World. 

• Love 6

It just hit me why I bristle so much at Brandon. He's like a baby Mike Pence. That performative "I'm very serious & sincere" furrowed brow & the self-affirming nod at the end of sentences when what he's actually saying is a load of crap. 

I don't disagree with Julia about Betty's motives for wanting to have a 2nd wedding, though. 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, ExMathMajor said:

I don't know who needs to hear this, but I got a refurbished Dyson for half off on the Dyson eBay outlet store last Cyber Monday. And yes, it really is all that they say and yes, if I travel with it it's going in my carry-on.

I've bought a few Dyson things on Dyson ebay.ca, a lot cheaper

• Love 2
Just now, Emmeline said:

I am in Chicago.  I’ve never stayed at the Omni but it’s in a nice location near the shopping of Michigan Avenue, all kinds of restaurants, museums, etc.  I’m sure you’ll have a nice time.

Thanks for the info, I am going with my teen daughter so I wanted to stay somewhere close to everything. She still wants to see the American Girl store even though she has outgrown it. She loves Starbucks and the world's biggest Starbucks should be right by the hotel and she wants to see "the Bean".

Sorry to keep going on, we haven't gone on vacation in years so I'm excited.

• Love 7
Just now, Bees52 said:

Betty, all of you are on tv, everyone knows they are married. It's part of the show.

She's just trying to come up with more filming opportunities.  We will never be rid of Betty and Ron the way TLC keeps churning out these 90DF seasons.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

OK, what was Betty and Ron's "special song"? I vote "Let's Get it On" by Marvin Gaye.

🎶If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with🎵

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I was watching a british design show and One of the contestants looked EXACTLY LIKE JULIA (except she has a French accent)..  I couldn't look away..lol.  My next life - chef and interior designer.. just sayin

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Instead of a second wedding, let’s just punch Brandon in the face.

Me! Me! Pick me! 

Just now, mmecorday said:

Nah, I'm thinking more along the lines of "Cherry Pie" by Warrant.

If not "Let's Get it On" by Marvin Gaye, maybe "Do Me" by Teddy Pendergrass. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Sorry, parents, Brandon and Julia's wedding was about Brandon and Julia, not about you two.

It could have been about them as well, but Brendan momma didn’t want it on Mother’s Day.

• Love 2
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

Thanks for the info, I am going with my teen daughter so I wanted to stay somewhere close to everything. She still wants to see the American Girl store even though she has outgrown it. She loves Starbucks and the world's biggest Starbucks should be right by the hotel and she wants to see "the Bean".

Sorry to keep going on, we haven't gone on vacation in years so I'm excited.

There is also a Ferris Bulleur tour (but not sure now with Covid)

• Love 1

Does anyone remember that dumb song that goes “I’m at that Pizza Hut, I’m at that Taco Bell, I’m at that combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell”?

In my head I’m just hearing “I’m at that 70th b-day, I’m at that wedding, I’m at that combination 70th b-day wedding party”.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

It just hit me why I bristle so much at Brandon. He's like a baby Mike Pence. That performative "I'm very serious & sincere" furrowed brow & the self-affirming nod at the end of sentences when what he's actually saying is a load of crap. 

I don't disagree with Julia about Betty's motives for wanting to have a 2nd wedding, though. 

There is also a physical resemblance, put a silver wig on him and it’s Pence jnr

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

So my brothers (both doctors) diagnosed me from afar with gall stones and I think they are right. Am seeing a doctor next week. I can’t eat without worrying I’ll have another attack. Hurt like hell.

Auntie - my daughter had emergency gall bladder removal surgery about 4 wks ago.   Take care, good luck!!!!

• Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

I contemplated this for a whole 20 seconds. My vote is for Waterloo by Abba. I don’t know why

My vote is for "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran. I don't know why either.

ETA: Thinking Out Loud is a 2000s song. Betty and Ron got married waaaay back in the 80s. My vote is "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper.

Edited by Hotel Snarker
  • LOL 1