Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

On 2/7/2022 at 7:14 PM, deirdra said:

I've always liked Crystal and it was nice to hear her say a couple of lines and smile for a change.  And she is much nicer to the customers than the proprietor!

Considering how much of her time Phyliss spends flapping her elbows around town and across the Atlantic, Crystal probably runs the place quite easily when Phylly isn't around.

If SyPh goes to Mee-Lahn, maybe Crystal will fund her mojo and be CEO by the time SyPh gets back. 🤔 

Also, I am DOWN with a sick WTBD story line. We've been waiting for this and Darvon is such a massive dickhead, I want the rug ripped out from under his pretend daddy feet before the custody papers are dry! Because you KNOW when he finds out Dom ain't hai blood kid, he ain't gonna be doing no baby sleep overs anymore. Hypocritical assfuck.

Edited by gingerella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

Color me jaundiced, but my lips curl involuntarily every time I hear Katherine or Neil invoked as they were today.  You wanna do a freakin' podcast, have at it without all the Hallmark piety.  I'm sure you could get Faith and Moses to do one on the joys of involuntary celibacy, churning your own butter and prayerful nose picking, otherwise, all topics have been taken about 3 years ago.

And why is Dru never being "honored"?  Why is she chopped liver?

ButtBiscuit can't sleep, huh?  Whatashame.  I'd be more interested if the reason he couldn't sleep was that Lily kenneled him at night after his evening walk.  Give him a chew toy, he'll fall asleep.  Now about that neutering.......

Between the constant couch sex, ButtBiscuit's half naked concave chest, his shoes and socks on the floor, the place must smell like a high school locker room.  

I liked Lauren and Jack's scenes.  Those two always feel like longtime friends and it's nice.

It looks like Show isn't going with Dom having sickle cell and I'm really glad about that.  Show would muck that up for sure.  I hope Devon saved all his receipts from his baby supplies since it looks like he might have an empty room opening up real soon.

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Podcasts. That's Lily the CEO's big idea? Oh FFS, anybody can make a podcast and pretty much half the world does right now. Talk about jumping on a peaking bandwagon. 🙄

Yes, but Lily wants to do educational podcasts. You know, like how to make your own make-up from a glitter-coated greeting card when you're in prison.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

Between the constant couch sex, ButtBiscuit's half naked concave chest, his shoes and socks on the floor, the place must smell like a high school locker room.  

Right? The smell receptors in Lily's nose must be close to dead now and that's why she doesn't notice it. ☠️

The whole "Sharon is a therapist but walks around baked and completely clueless and everyone knows it" is written in as a joke, right?  Right?

Yeah, the jokes on us, the poor viewers.

It makes no sense to me that anyone would go to Sharon for therapy. Former kleptomaniac, borderline sex addict, arsonist, murderer, baby snatcher, who's been married and divorced multiple times. Right, that's the person you want to be giving you advice on your mental and emotional problems. And get paid for it too. 😩

• LOL 12
  • Love 5

TB’s face!  So pale, heavy eye makeup making her eyes look like two black holes in white snow.  She has the joker mouth now pulled and lifted from the sides giving her the same smirk all the time.  Please no more.

Liked NuAshland and he held his own with Victor and Victoria.  

FF’d Billy and Lily in every single scene today.  Why are they getting so much air time?!

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, Skarzero said:

you-know-why-saturday-night-live.gif.b947a58e108ecbdd49ff5633d846cf94.gif  

I don't think I've ever cheered for Sally more than I did today. She told Billy Bitch Boy off for trying to play innocent victim when he had every intention of setting Adam up. Billy can choke. If he has to go out of his way to crap on Adam then maybe Adam isn't the bad guy here. The way he whines about how horrible Sally was for filming him was pathetic (not to mention manipulative). Is that not what you wanted her to do you stupid asshole? Way to be vindictive, and revise history. He had no issue with Sally filming him when he thought he was winning. Again, Billy can choke. This piece of dog excrement really had the nerve to tell Sally that she only got the job because she was Adam's lackey?(which isn't true but let's go with that for argument's sake) Nostrils you are at least a decade older than Sally and yet you have nothing to show for it. There isn't a single job you've had in your entire life that someone didn't hand to you. Sit the fuck down and choke while you're at it. The only thing Sally got wrong was thinking that Billy backing down was due to his conscience. He didn't have one, Victoria caught him, and took over the plan. But he isn't going to tell anyone that because he'd have a harder time getting sympathy from people. With that said, she probably shouldn't have told Billy about her being COO in the first place but I get the temptation since he was being petty, plus the look on his face was worth it.   

Did anyone really expect Buttbiscuit to live up to John or Jack? Or just live up to the standards of human decency in general? Either way he failed. Jack has more dignity and respect in one skin cell than Nostrils does in his whole body. Oh and NotBilly doesn't trust cats? I would put either of my cats in a COO position of a global industry before I'd put Billy Abbott in. I don't know which of TIIC has something against cats but fuck them. Cats are amazing lol 

NuAshland is pretty okay so far he can hold his own with everyone. I'm still gonna miss RB though. 

Your whole post should be set to music so I can SING IT OUT!!!!!  Well done.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I saw a poll today where people could vote on who they want Adam to end up with - Chelsea, Sharon or Sally. Of the three, Sally could only be the reasonable choice. I am not all-in with the actress but she is way better than the other two. But instead of forcing a couple, how about surprising us and go a different direction? Lily. It would make Billy’s head explode; so many characters would hate it. Billy would have a downward spiral that could be made All Better by Sally. Or get Sally and Noah together; she could actually liven him up. But that may be an impossible task. 

It is time to shake up the roles and characters on this show. Yes, Jack and Lauren have a wonderful “friends” relationship. He, more than anyone, deserves a juicy storyline; and as others have mentioned - Amanda (in a Hilary persona) would surely fit the bill. Phyllis who?

Victor today when Nicki was extolling Lily’s virtues as a CEO - he pondered and then questioned her judgment by hitching herself to Billy. Best comeback in weeks and Nicki was left open-mouthed.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

In one word - yuck. Or maybe blech, or blerg or barf. Nah, just yuck. The 1st Assland was very easy on the eyes and as 1st actors are known to do, defined the role. The 2nd Assland is not at all easy on the eyes and his vibe is nasty creep, not slick conman who could fool anyone. For once, and probably the only time ever, I feel a little bad for mop. Now I am rooting for Assland to be written out, for good. Take him down quick, Grampire. This show is getting harder and harder to watch.  :(

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

I've never liked Richard Burgi much, nor found him very attractive, he looks too much like Mitt Romney. RN is pretty handsome and a good actor. But I still don't care one iota about Ashland. 

image.png.041df6289a4849d89cb00d55f54c9365.pngimage.png.ebe8769d1dabec9395ad964e4d2fea87.png

I don't see it.

• LOL 12
  • Love 12

Interesting how Adam was the one to get the first scene with nuAshland. I would've expected it to be Victoria.

Sure wish I understood what Sally was hoping to accomplish by goading Billy about her new job title. Even if he was handed his COO position by his girlfriend and mommy, at least he's qualified for it. Sally's a quick study but she still will be getting OJT.

Someone bts at Y&R seems to have fallen in love with the word "mogul" since it's appearing in the dialogue several times a week now. Wonder if that is because of the Winter Olympics? Swoosh!🎿😉

Sally: did you just compare me to a piano-playing cat?
Billy: yeah, I don't trust cats either.
Joi: trust me, William, the cats of the world aren't fcuking with you either. Feel free to get bitten by a feral and get rabies.
😾💀

Victoria, shut up. Nick won't be clarifying anything about how Sally harmed Summer because there was no harm. Summer is living her best life in Milan and Sally made it possible.

Ashland using a phony clinic in Peru as a tax dodge doesn't seem to me like such a slick plan if it was so easily discovered by Victor and Michael. Hey Ash, you know tax shenanigans are what enabled the feds to take down Al Capone, right?

Billy's grand advice: Lily, you do you. That is until you run CI into the ground like Billy almost did with Jabot. Don't be buying any yachts with company funds, hon. 😏

Whee, either Ashland saw Victor coming and had a story about being an angel investor in the Peruvian treatment center cued up, or he's skilled at delivering huge lies on the fly. At least this time he didn't have to divert the subject by having a heart attack.

While I appreciate how well RN hit the ground running today, so far I'm not seeing him in this role unless TPTB are, as the saying goes, taking the role in a different direction. (Or out the door.) He doesn't look to me like a man Victoria would've fallen head over heels in love with. He seems more Nikki, Ashley, Traci, or Jill's speed I think.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I definitely do not like new Ashland from the get go. The more I see him the more I’m convinced, I definitely don’t like him. Old Ashland had panache, new Ashland is bland and has no neck. To differentiate from old to new Ashland, Ashland will now be known as Ashland the Neckless. 

Yes Olive, you have to consult with Ashland but Ashland does not have to consult with Olive. 

Nikki may have given up drinking but the loss of brain cells are quite obvious. Nikki is another success story from stripper to a very undeserving COO.  

If Sally is flying above the clouds than Nostrils is flying above the ionosphere. I got news for Nostrils, it’s not slander unless it’s in the public domain. Videoing is not a crime or millions of people, with cell phones would be in jail. Nostrils use of hyperbole is always mind numbing.  Nostrils had a reputation?  Yeah right, but not a positive one.  Nostrils you are such a stupid ass. How does a girl in accounting get passed over for the top job?  She would have to be at lease the Chief Financial Officer and that will take about 4 promotions before that is “usually”  achieved.  But achieving a position is not a concept that Nostrils would understand or else he would how Sally got to be COO. 

If Ashland the Neckless is planning to take over the Kingdom, Victor is the least of his problems. Victor will only put you in a South American jail minus an ear but Olive will bobbitize him and Ashland the Neckless would go to a South American jail not only minus an ear but missing his dick. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Skarzero said:

Did anyone really expect Buttbiscuit to live up to John or Jack? Or just live up to the standards of human decency in general? Either way he failed. Jack has more dignity and respect in one skin cell than Nostrils does in his whole body. Oh and NotBilly doesn't trust cats? I would put either of my cats in a COO position of a global industry before I'd put Billy Abbott in. I don't know which of TIIC has something against cats but fuck them. Cats are amazing lol

Agreed!  Billy's dislike of cats is yet another reason for me to hate Billy.  As if there weren't enough already.

I missed today's show and don't have the attention span to watch online or On Demand, so can someone fill me in on what happened with Dom, please?  While I don't want him to be Devon's son, I also don't want to watch a sick baby story.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Agreed!  Billy's dislike of cats is yet another reason for me to hate Billy.  As if there weren't enough already.

I missed today's show and don't have the attention span to watch online or On Demand, so can someone fill me in on what happened with Dom, please?  While I don't want him to be Devon's son, I also don't want to watch a sick baby story.

Literally nothing. No mention at all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Watching Billy's face crack when Sally told him she was COO of Newman Media was glorious. I'm mad we didn't get to see when he learned about Adam being in charge of the merged NM/CC. In any case Sally held her own and Billy went spinning off to sulk.

Loved Sally voicing the bafflement of the haves losing their minds when the have nots make good to be on 'their level'. Billy definitely seemed like he was insulted that Sally 'of all people' had the same title as he did. I agree that Sally as COO is gonna have to hit the ground running to make up for a lack of global experience but she has the will and the capacity to do it.  Billy has been handed opportunity after opportunity only to mess it up and be pissed when he has to answer the consequences - and then expect/demand another chance. He is the epitome of white male privilege and keeps on keeping on being oblivious to it. I don't give a flip about why he isn't sleeping and that we're wasting more time on his psyche is annoying. Adam had a damn psychotic breakdown a little over a year ago but you don't see him sulking like Billy. Sure, he had a few days of deep contemplation but unlike Billy, Adam sucked it up, made a choice and seems to really trying to make the best of it and even seems happier in picking a damn direction.  Victoria, Ashland, and Victor keep throwing their feints but Adam is rolling with it.

Adam, you know damn well that Sally would drop it all in that office right then and there for you but you playing games just to get a hug, LOL.  Seriously, though the fact that Adam was having his fun in the hopes of getting a HUG from Sally was cute. He's happy with just her arms around him and her in his arms. I'm liking the slow burn with them but already dreading what their first big hurdle/disagreement is gonna be.  Some were noting the chem between Sally and Billy and I will flip if they have ChewingGumBilly target Sally for a seduction.

Robert Newman as Ashland works for me but I get the feeling that while they were trying to thread the needle on is he/isn't he scamming them with RB's Ashland due to his chemistry with Victoria, RN's Ashland is gonna be a great bastard with his marriage to Vic imploding and her vowing revenge.  Sad thing is there is not one woman in town he can be paired with since everyone will know he's a shark. I'd like to see him have a right hand lady when he unleashes on the Newmans.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I'm not enthused about Ashland 2.0. He seemed to lack the gravitas and covert menace RB brought to the role. At times his eyes almost seemed to twinkle with merriment. The landing strips he and Victor are sporting give me an aura of dishevelment, they look shabby. They are both too old to look like hipsters. I like my rich old men looking suave and debonair.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

I adore Richard Burgi and I am not happy that he was fired. However, I have loved me some Bud forever!  FYI - RB and RN were born 33 days apart. RN is 2” shorter at 6’. 

Victoria - What’s going on here?

Ashland and Adam hide the ruler. “Nothing.”

Loved Sally taking Billy down a peg or two telling him they have the same job. 

The convo with Nikki and Lily was nice. 

Billy and Lily together is a snooze fest. Lily Winters? Did she change her name back after the divorce? 

Victor: The fact that she (Lily) got  involved with Billy Boy Abbott in the first place doesn’t speak well of her judgment, does it?

Me: Not a lick!

Billy, you are a waste of time. Had to look it up. JT is from Alberta, Canada. He never say oot or aboot, but maybe that explains his strange pronunciation of Chance Calm and pawdcast. 

I hate to say this RB, but Bud Locke forever!

Edited by Runningwild
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

FF’d Billy and Lily in every single scene today.  Why are they getting so much air time?!

Have your finger on the FF button - there's even more of them on Thursday's US show.

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I certainly hope that Lily and Buttbiscuit never entertain.  Can you imaging all the body fluids that are soaked into that sofa?  Totally disgusting 

But I don't think anyone can deny how incredibly lucky - and blessed, don't let me forget to say blessed, that Lily gets to come home, every day, to

giphy.gif

this.  ButtBiscuit be HAWT. Hawt like an erupting boil, but HAWT nonetheless.

Love in the Afternoon, Walking Dead style.

• LOL 19

^^^boes, you are so wrong for that. I'm going to have that image in my head all day. Woe is me!

I never watched Guiding Light so have no prior knowledge RN, but he seems so theatrical compared to RB. It’s jarring to me.  

Was GL one of the East Coast soaps? I know a lot of them recruited actors from the NYC theatre scene. Many of those actors had their origins on stage and were therefore accustomed to being overly expressive in their performances.

(Meanwhile, most of the West Coast soap casts either came from modeling with virtually no acting experience, or they had been on primetime TV as character actors. The difference has often been quite glaring.)

The only thing I noticed about RN is that he had clearly studied RB's acting style because he was mimicking RB's hand movements and speech patterns. I didn't like it. How about he brings his own take on the Ashland character instead of trying to be a cheap (IMO) imitation of RB's? I really hopes he cuts that out.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Looking very silver foxy, RN. I really hope the rumors that Ashland is playing a long con on Victor and that sanctimonious bitch #1 Victoria is all part of the plot are true. 

Ashland-office-YR-CBS.jpg?resize=1024,59

if anyone can make Victoria likable it's Josh Lewis!!!!!!  I am so happy to see RN back on my tv, he was always one of my favs, lets bring Kim Zimmer on too, maybe her and Jack can hook up

• Love 13
On 2/7/2022 at 3:37 PM, boes said:

Qualifications in Genoa City seem to be different than anywhere else.  Maybe Salem and Port Charles come close.....

Don’t forget Victoria’s experience for CEO all came from her job as a gift wrapper.

• LOL 14
30 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Sally ran her own fashion house, that she had to resurrect from the ground up, so she's far more qualified than a lot of GC denizens I know who had to rely on nepotism or bedroom skillz to get any sort of position.

Not only did Sally resurrect her fashion house but she proved that she was a force to be reconned with when her designs beat Forester Creations’ designers in a competition conducted by Spencer Publications owner Bill Spencer. Sally eventually had own leisure line at Forester Creations.  I’m quite sure that FC is larger and more prestigious than Lauren’s Fenmores, so your the looser with backing Chelsea and Chloe because they are neophytes as compared to Sally. 
I’m not sure but Spencer Publication is  probably larger than Newman Locke’s media division but it’s never mentioned as competition.  Bill Spencer is mostly focused on his magazine with distribution and advertising while being involved with radio and TV.  I have the feeling that Bill Spencer could put Newman Locke’s media division and Chancellor media division out of business if he wanted to. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The only thing I noticed about RN is that he had clearly studied RB's acting style because he was mimicking RB's hand movements and speech patterns. I didn't like it. How about he brings his own take on the Ashland character instead of trying to be a cheap (IMO) imitation of RB's? I really hopes he cuts that out.

Yes! I had never seen the actor in anything before so I don’t know his style. If he is going to be a permanent cast member he maybe should gradually make the character his own.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Not only did Sally resurrect her fashion house but she proved that she was a force to be reconned with when her designs beat Forester Creations’ designers in a competition conducted by Spencer Publications owner Bill Spencer. Sally eventually had own leisure line at Forester Creations.  I’m quite sure that FC is larger and more prestigious than Lauren’s Fenmores, so your the looser with backing Chelsea and Chloe because they are neophytes as compared to Sally. 
I’m not sure but Spencer Publication is  probably larger than Newman Locke’s media division but it’s never mentioned as competition.  Bill Spencer is mostly focused on his magazine with distribution and advertising while being involved with radio and TV.  I have the feeling that Bill Spencer could put Newman Locke’s media division and Chancellor media division out of business if he wanted to. 

Before breakfast. 

• LOL 11

Today’s show with Billy talking into his phone was the most boring show I’ve ever seen on a soap. Why do these writers think we care about this guy? We do not care about Billy.

• Love 24

Wow today's episode was so riveting! Billy hosting his own therapy session on his phone to try and find out what's keeping him up at night was amazing! Rey & Chelsea make a hawt couple! Yay! FML 

Rey continues to prove what a hypocrite he is, tongue bathing Chelsea about how much she's changed, but not Adam though? I suppose if Rey wanted to sleep with Adam too he'd think differently. Lucky for Adam, he just wants Chelsea. 

Only NeverNotBilly could monologue endlessly and say absolutely nothing at the same time. I managed to force myself to sit though most of it, and I hardly remember what he said lol I know a blessing when I see one. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
21 minutes ago, Skarzero said:

Wow today's episode was so riveting! Billy hosting his own therapy session on his phone to try and find out what's keeping him up at night was amazing! Rey & Chelsea make a hawt couple! Yay! FML 

Rey continues to prove what a hypocrite he is, tongue bathing Chelsea about how much she's changed, but not Adam though? I suppose if Rey wanted to sleep with Adam too he'd think differently. Lucky for Adam, he just wants Chelsea. 

Only NeverNotBilly could monologue endlessly and say absolutely nothing at the same time. I managed to force myself to sit though most of it, and I hardly remember what he said lol I know a blessing when I see one. 

I was forewarned and gave the whole thing a miss.

• Love 13

Oh my God was that a painful hour which mercifully was not an hour with all the fast forwarding I did

Chelsea sitting there late at night coquettishly drinking tea with two married men ! And then dreaming about one of those married men 😬

Horrible Billy monologuing into his phone and then Lily creeping down the staircase and listening to his ramblings as though he was some great prophet ! .....

Honestly I did think it was tacky that she listened in on his ramblings and I cannot believe I just said that lol

I forgot if anything else happened in the episode because my eyes were glazing over 

Oh that’s right Abby took a bubble bath and Chance said she smells good

Edited by SiouxB
  • LOL 16
  • Love 3

Hey Lily, a few nights doesn’t make for Nostrils’ insomnia.  Once again, I can’t give 💩💩 about Nostrils ability to sleep.  I rather have root canal than listen to Nostrils reflecting on why he can’t sleep🤢🤮

After some really great acting from Abby in the past few weeks, Abby is back to her usual bad acting style with obsessing over Bowie’s health though her concern is justifiable. Even though Abby’s acting is questionable, it’s Emmy worthy in compared to Chelsea. 

I’m betting the farm that Rey the Chin and Chelsea will be playing hide the salami before Adam and Sally.  Rey the Chin grants Chelsea absolution for her past sins while Adam is still a bastard.  Rey the Chin’s hatred of Adam and what Adam has put her threw makes him more sympathetic towards Chelsea and his justification that she needs a good coito. 

Chelsea you are lying. You have pulled a con that put Connor in jeopardy.  Conner also has a step father that was a conman. Plus Chance 1.0 has to save your ass in the Grand Albatross lobby. 

• Love 10

Today was the first Y&R  in a while I've watched straight through without taking notes.  My subsequent impressions:

• Could Billy be more self-involved? I think that's been his problem all along, even before Delia's death. The guy can't get off his own d!ck. IMO, he's beyond help. 😒
  • I see Chance as the one who seriously needs to sort his stuff out with a therapist. Instead, he convinced himself that going on a stakeout with Rey was the answer. Then he almost got shot by the bad guy. What would his getting injured or worse have done to Abby while she's already fraught with worry about their sick baby? 😐
  • Chelsea's having wet dreams about Rey. Ehhh. Meanwhile, she's also holding court and waxing nostalgic about her grifting days. What are the odds she'll return to running scams and cons in an effort to distract herself from Rey? And please tell me that wasn't a chem test between her and Chance. 😒

AFAIC it wasn't the worst episode I've ever seen. I'd give it a B-, mostly due to the Billy b.s. (Which better not be Billy's seedling of an idea for a self-help podcast. Not unless it's going to be his musings about living in pile of bovine excrement. 💩🤮💩🤮💩🤮)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11