Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I'm so over and steamed about the Dominic storyline that I could write a dozen rants and not come close to how stupid this all is and this resolution sucks rocks. By no means is this over as Abby is not happy - nor should she be with the way she was bullied by Devon and betrayed by Chance.  If I were Abby I would've told Chance to go get some therapy and talk to me after 6 weeks if you still feel like you can't be a father to my child. I would've asked Devon a) You're proposing a permanent solution to a temporary problem (Chance). If Chance gets better and is ready to step up, then what? Change the agreement again? b) If all things were equal (I leave Dominic with you to search for Chance in Spain which is when this miracle bonding took place) with the exception of Chance being ready right here and now being a father, would you be seeking custody? Yes? Then Chance is not really the issue and you're using his crisis to suit your agenda. No? Are you sure? Because I don't believe you. If you're really worried about Chance's mental fitness, then let's table this until Chance has his therapy and time to process and we continue on with the current arrangement. Oh, I see that does't suit you? Why? Dominic has me as his caregiver and you've SAID that you have no issues with my parenting so why the rush?

I appreciate that in this one instance, Abby has behaved like a grown ass responsible woman and did not go running to her father for help or greasing of palms. She's tried to handle this on her own and was quick to get her lawyers involved. That Christine gave her that BS advice was disappointing. How I wish Avery Bailey Clark was still on the scene and pop up for guest appearances and had been their lawyer because she'd have battled it out. In any case, Abby needs to get a second opinion and be prepared for more mess - because Devon's gotten his inch and looks ready to take a mile.

I hate what they've done to Chance in him leaning on the 'honoring the (blood) bond' between Devon and Dominick and how he suddenly has a whole new hop in his step being let off the hook of being Dominick's father. This doesn't line up with the Chance we've had before and he should've been way more agonized/suffering from PTSD where we see THAT being his primary reason for folding instead of this bonding crap. DEVON may have developed a bond with Dominick in those 2 weeks but those weren't make or break for Dominick for his life relationships. Chance bailing on his 'duty' just is wildly OOC to me.

The writers need to stop spinning their wheels with Chelsea/Sally/Chloe/Adam as we've had the same conversations for weeks now and no forward movement. I get Sally sticking to her guns and not running away from a job after all she's been through in the past year and I'm glad Chloe finally told Chelsea the real deal - they all need each other to make this business work and the one gumming up the works is Chelsea. She needs to decide what's important to her and if it's not NMF then she needs to move on and Sally and Chloe can get back to business.

Sadly, Ally/Salad is looking less like a smoldering couple and more like Sally pining while Adam gets a good buddy and sympathetic ear. They seem more like a Michael and Phyllis dynamic instead of something more; MG seems to be pulling the attraction back a touch. And I really hope that his confiding in her re Victor doesn't come back to bite him on the butt but I can see Sally letting it slip to Chloe and/or Chelsea and using that to their advantage somehow.

I continue to not get how Rey can not only tolerate but simper and smile at a woman that poisoned him and didn't care if he lived or died to get back at Adam and Sharon and who also attacked his wife in her own coffee house. I just can't see any kind of real endgame with Rey and Chelsea where they have a true love story. He dumped a better version of her when he dumped Mia, IMO. Why would he want another? Oh, right, to best Adam.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
26 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

I'm so over and steamed about the Dominic storyline that I could write a dozen rants and not come close to how stupid this all is and this resolution sucks rocks. By no means is this over as Abby is not happy - nor should she be with the way she was bullied by Devon and betrayed by Chance.  If I were Abby I would've told Chance to go get some therapy and talk to me after 6 weeks if you still feel like you can't be a father to my child. I would've asked Devon a) You're proposing a permanent solution to a temporary problem (Chance). If Chance gets better and is ready to step up, then what? Change the agreement again? b) If all things were equal (I leave Dominic with you to search for Chance in Spain which is when this miracle bonding took place) with the exception of Chance being ready right here and now being a father, would you be seeking custody? Yes? Then Chance is not really the issue and you're using his crisis to suit your agenda. No? Are you sure? Because I don't believe you. If you're really worried about Chance's mental fitness, then let's table this until Chance has his therapy and time to process and we continue on with the current arrangement. Oh, I see that does't suit you? Why? Dominic has me as his caregiver and you've SAID that you have no issues with my parenting so why the rush?

I appreciate that in this one instance, Abby has behaved like a grown ass responsible woman and did not go running to her father for help or greasing of palms. She's tried to handle this on her own and was quick to get her lawyers involved. That Christine gave her that BS advice was disappointing. How I wish Avery Bailey Clark was still on the scene and pop up for guest appearances and had been their lawyer because she'd have battled it out. In any case, Abby needs to get a second opinion and be prepared for more mess - because Devon's gotten his inch and looks ready to take a mile.

I hate what they've done to Chance in him leaning on the 'honoring the (blood) bond' between Devon and Dominick and how he suddenly has a whole new hop in his step being let off the hook of being Dominick's father. This doesn't line up with the Chance we've had before and he should've been way more agonized/suffering from PTSD where we see THAT being his primary reason for folding instead of this bonding crap. DEVON may have developed a bond with Dominick in those 2 weeks but those weren't make or break for Dominick for his life relationships. Chance bailing on his 'duty' just is wildly OOC to me.

The writers need to stop spinning their wheels with Chelsea/Sally/Chloe/Adam as we've had the same conversations for weeks now and no forward movement. I get Sally sticking to her guns and not running away from a job after all she's been through in the past year and I'm glad Chloe finally told Chelsea the real deal - they all need each other to make this business work and the one gumming up the works is Chelsea. She needs to decide what's important to her and if it's not NMF then she needs to move on and Sally and Chloe can get back to business.

Sadly, Ally/Salad is looking less like a smoldering couple and more like Sally pining while Adam gets a good buddy and sympathetic ear. They seem more like a Michael and Phyllis dynamic instead of something more; MG seems to be pulling the attraction back a touch. And I really hope that his confiding in her re Victor doesn't come back to bite him on the butt but I can see Sally letting it slip to Chloe and/or Chelsea and using that to their advantage somehow.

I continue to not get how Rey can not only tolerate but simper and smile at a woman that poisoned him and didn't care if he lived or died to get back at Adam and Sharon and who also attacked his wife in her own coffee house. I just can't see any kind of real endgame with Rey and Chelsea where they have a true love story. He dumped a better version of her when he dumped Mia, IMO. Why would he want another? Oh, right, to best Adam.

I would marry this post if I could, Tobin Albers !!

It’s a thing of beauty

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

The start of a hopefully much better week, in GC, with Sally being first up. Buck-O is a fairly innocuous term but with Sally it’s a term of endearment. 

Sharon didn’t need Botox this week because she is wearing her hair pulled back. It’s a wonder why her mouth is not above her eyebrows. 

Just what Adam needs with Victor breathing down his neck with more operating costs, with renting additional office space, for NM. If Chloe and Chelsea actually stay in their offices, they wouldn’t run into Adam that often. How delusional is Chelsea. She can’t be around him or anything that reminds me of him. Really Chelsea, does that mean Connor also?

What makes Chelsea even more of a shit ass actress is the way she delivers her lines. She can’t even speak 3 words, in a row, without sounding out of breath.  

WTF, Bowie goes to music appreciation class?  Essence of the rich and famous, but studies show that it’s not beneficial before Bowie is one year old. And because of entitlement, Abby has the nanny go instead of herself. Way to go Abby in showing how involved you are at being Bowie’s mother. 

Amanda Amanda Amanda, Devon can actually have a lifetime of loving Bowie without having joint custody. I really wish that Abby had the chutzpah to tell Devon to fuck off and tell Chance 2.0 she feels betrayed by Devon but mostly by him. Chance 2.0 should be fighting alongside Abby and not giving Devon a pass on his very selfish behavior. I have to give Rey the Chin kudos for being invested in Sharon’s children even as an alpha male. But with all that said, Rey the Chin is being a bastard for openly flirting with Chelsea in front of Sharon. 

So it seems that Chloe is going to blow up NF for her no talent bff. Hey Chloe, what happened the last time you put your faith in Chelsea?  Did you forget she embezzled and abandon you with taking off to parts unknown?  Well well well maybe Chloe did with reading Chelsea the riot act. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Does Sally not know Adam used to live in NYC? You'd think he'd tell her, "Been there, done that" when she keeps yapping nonstop about her adventures there.

"Relocate to a new location." Did MCE misspeak the line or did a MWT actually put that in the script? Maybe someone needs to motivate their motivation to write better.

Sharon's hairdo today. Oy. She's got a serious case of 5, 6, and 7-head. 😼

Gee, Chelsea, what happens if Connor reminds you of Adam? Will you remove him from your sight too?

At any mention of Nick by Sharon lately, Rey cops an attitude (no pun). Where is that leading? Get on with it, Show. 😐

Chain of command. Pssht. Chelsea seems to think making herself Sally's boss put Sally in a position of indentured servitude. Geez, Chelz, just fire Sally if you think she's being insubordinate. Fire Adam too since he keeps encouraging his "friend" to go over your head.

Music appreciation class for a kid who doesn't even walk or talk yet. Is that actually a thing? Well at least Dom will be exposed to genres besides jazz.

Whoa, a mention of Brad, finally. I must be having a fever dream. 🤡

Adam, Victor's opponent is himself, and his family members are chess pieces in the 3-D game of life he's got going on in his head. You're a pawn.

See Sharon, that's what you get for being nosey about Chelsea's business. She made a beeline right to your husband and flirted with him right in front of you. Your lane. Get back in it if you value your marriage. 🤨

I still think Sally should start looking to take her talents elsewhere. The situation with psycho Chelsea has the increasing potential to become dangerous and Adam is no help. If Sally learned nothing else from her problems in L.A., sometimes her best choice is to take a momentary L and walk away.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, rcc said:

But I am tired of watching her get shot down every time.

Right? Where's the fun in that? It's just depressing.

4 hours ago, rcc said:

Have been FF'd Devon, Sharon and now Sally too.  This show is so bad right now.

Like ANYONE wants to see this bulloney between heinous Chelsea and well, any character, especially Sally and the way they her. While the show was on today I started doing my tax prep. It's not like the show is interesting anymore. I already zone out Sharin' & Rey Rey and Dickvon & Hilmanda. I have to, out of self preservation. And now that Sally & Adam, who were the only story I was interested in, is so contaminated by Chelsea that I have to look away.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

Hold the bus! Who said what?

The Bag of Hair aka Chance said to Abby, in an attempt to make her stop being sad in front of him that she loved Brad and Victor and the little hamburgler would love the Bag of Hair and the Q-Ball the same way.

Abby lied and pretended to agree.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

The start of a hopefully much better week, in GC, with Sally being first up. Buck-O is a fairly innocuous term but with Sally it’s a term of endearment. 

Yes, Bucko was a monicker often used by the original Sally Spectra.  I like the many subtle allusions this Sally makes to the late great Darlene Conley.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I hope the little hamburgler detests jazz and starts a banjo and jug band as soon as possible

and makes Devon regret getting even one day a week custody.

giphy.gif

And they practice - and practice, and practice at the penthouse.  

Snivel and bully your way out of THAT.

I'm not faulting Abby one little bit for making the nanny take Dominic to his music appreciation class.  How many times can she listen to "The Wheels of the Bus Go Round and Round", especially since the wheels of her bus have fallen off.   Besides, her other baby boy seems so energized that he's ready for a playdate in the park! 

I didn't mind Chlez so much before this last return but she's become insufferable.  It was nice to hear Chloe of all people tell her that.  I wish Sally would just get another job.  I'm not looking forward to another story of two women fighting over a man.  That's so 18th century - BCE.   Does anyone know if Show has any women on the writing team at all, or if perhaps Show rehired Jill Farren Phelps back under another name?

Adam looked good today, as did Sally.  Sharon looked like she's switched from a flat to a high gloss and overlaid that with a coat of shellac.  Rey Rey looked freshly dipped in shoe polish, and Chelsea just looked dipped.

It was another really fun day in Genoa City, wasn't it?

• LOL 14
  • Love 6

Lol at how relaxed and liberated Chance is acting like now that he doesn't have to be a dad.  And also how he suddenly sees fit to tell Abby how it's going to be and how what she's saying is wrong (she's not wrong).  Since they understand each other so well, Abby should give custody of him to Devon, instead.  What an asshole.  

Not sure if this is meant to be part of the story, or if it's MO playing it like this, but no way Abby really thinks this is the "right" thing.  

I hate saying this, but I'm so sick of Sally/Adam, and kind of even sick of Sally herself.  It's so anti chemistry the way she has to chase after him.  And not that she owes Chelsea anything, but she IS lying when she says it's all business with Adam, so enough with the passive aggressive crap.  I agree Courtney Hope is trying to make it work, and the storyline limits are doing her no favors, but more and more she just comes off like an annoying child.

I actually think Rey has been a really good step dad- Faith especially seems to really bond with and care about him.  So of course that'll get railroaded with an "I want kids" and stupid Chelsea plot.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

This is a storyline I would love to see:  Devon puts Dom in his carseat and takes off, totally forgetting about him and goes into a store for an hour, leaving him in a hot car. A passerby sees the baby and calls 911.  Dom is ok, but has to be hospitalized. Devon loses custody due to negligence.  Now that would satisfy me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

This is a storyline I would love to see:  Devon puts Dom in his carseat and takes off, totally forgetting about him and goes into a store for an hour, leaving him in a hot car. A passerby sees the baby and calls 911.  Dom is ok, but has to be hospitalized. Devon loses custody due to negligence.  Now that would satisfy me.

Yes! Or Amanda could be babysitting- gets involved in a “work” issue and Dom chokes, falls, etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Yes! Or Amanda could be babysitting- gets involved in a “work” issue and Dom chokes, falls, etc. 

I'm not going to wish ill on an innocent baby. It would be enough for me if Devoid would fall out of  a window ala Ricky Williams and land smack on Buttbiscuit. Two for one Tuesday.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2

I live in the desert SW where that very scenario happens too frequently, usually with tragic results. Y&R possibly doing that kind of plot point gets a hard pass from me.

Haven't watched today's show yet but I caught a bit where Phyllis was saying she might move to Milan to take a job with Summer at Marchetti. So, is MS in the midst of some brutal contract renegotiations or is this blind item (posted on another soap site) about her?:

Look for a round of exits to hit one sudser, including one star who has previously received walking papers.

We already know RB (Ashland) is leaving, CLB (Michael) is likely going on hiatus, and I'm personally feeling iffy about CH's (Sally) status. MS, who left in the past and went to GH for a while, could be the one shown to the door again. That'd be...something, huh? Phyllis is pretty much treading water right now with no romantic prospects. No big loss IMO. Anyone can run that stupid hotel.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 3
  • Love 13

I have watched this soap on and off for years, mostly off.  The current SLs are either boring or annoying especially the one with the baby. Abby should be fighting for her son not giving shared custody to someone else! 

Just when I am about to drop the show again, I get pulled back in. Michael was a breath of fresh air and fun to watch today.  The last couple of weeks, there seems to be more comparisons to Succession. I don't want to see the show go that far, but it feels like this brings the show up a level from being so morose, tedious, and repetitive.

• Love 10

Granted, I haven't been following this show closely lately, but I'm so disgusted by the baby storyline.  Devon agreed to be a sperm donor for Abby knowing that he wasn't going to have any parental rights.  Mariah agreed to carry the baby knowing that she wasn't going to have any parental rights.  How is it now ok for Devon to invoke some kind of clause to now claim he is the father?

Why would they even bother to bring the character of Chance back?  Not caring for the new actor but I guess it's not really his fault (apart from his stupid hair).  They should have left Chance dead/missing and have Abby raise the baby on her own.

When voters vote for the Daytime Emmys, are they allowed to cast negative votes?  This show deserves a billion negative votes for the sheer idiocy of this storyline.  It's offensive on so many levels, to surrogates, adoptive parents, sperm donors and users, people suffering from PTSD, people who can't have kids.

• Love 21

After watching the ridiculousness of the Summer/Sally Spectra drama, I was hoping for a decent storyline. The whole thing with Devon is not only ridiculous but a slap in the face to any  parent, single parent, or same sex parent. It would never happen in real life, thank goodness. Thanks to the show there will probably be attempts to get custody of babies by sperm donors, surrogate mothers or anyone else who thinks they know more than the actual parents do. As a parent myself, this is upsetting to me and I'm sure it is to many others. Devon has shown himself to be a jerk over the last year or so, not forgiving Elena, ruining Nate's career, no apologies, and yet everyone forgives him. After going through two ridiculous storylines, I'm through. I have much better things to do with one precious hour of my day. 

16 hours ago, boes said:

nd makes Devon regret getting even one day a week custody.

I hope he wails and wails and wails and is in utter distress 110% of the time he's at Dickvon's now. That? Would be a thing of beauty! HillManda won't like her beauty sleep disturbed by this little turd either.

• LOL 8
  • Love 8

Just want to clarify that in my scenario of Devon leaving Dom in a hot car, I stated that. Dom is ok. I never ever want to see the death of a child  for tv show entertainment. I just somehow want Devon to be knocked off his high horse.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
Just now, MsMalin said:

Just want to clarify that in my scenario of Devon leaving Dom in a hot car, I stated that. Dom is ok. I never ever want to see the death of a child  for tv show entertainment. I just somehow want Devon to be knocked off his high horse.

Would the horse have to fall out the window too?

• LOL 13

Amanda needs to know that revealing to Phyllis that her departing client had just set up a trust for her grandchildren IS a violation of attorney/client confidentiality. Victoria in a one armed bandit black dress today. How unexciting after last week's white version. Yes, Ashland says he keeps himself informed about the district attorneys where ever he resides.....a prudent move given his history. Phyllis, is the city Milan pronounced MEE-Lan or MY-Lan? Might be a good idea to settle that as a character or actress  Did Amanda and Phyllis just discuss a "life-changing" decision, and nothing comes up about the impending insertion of Dominick into Amanda's life? Fascinating. priorities Amanda, and if I hear you tell one more person "I AM an attorney" , it will be another time too many.

• LOL 9
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Would the horse have to fall out the window too?

Only if landed safely but squashed ButtBiscuit.  Needless to say, Neigh on the horse being hurt, but ButtBiscuit Be Gone!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

Amanda needs to know that revealing to Phyllis that her departing client had just set up a trust for her grandchildren IS a violation of attorney/client confidentiality. Victoria in a one armed bandit black dress today. How unexciting after last week's white version. Yes, Ashland says he keeps himself informed about the district attorneys where ever he resides.....a prudent move given his history. Phyllis, is the city Milan pronounced MEE-Lan or MY-Lan? Might be a good idea to settle that as a character or actress  Did Amanda and Phyllis just discuss a "life-changing" decision, and nothing comes up about the impending insertion of Dominick into Amanda's life? Fascinating. priorities Amanda, and if I hear you tell one more person "I AM an attorney" , it will be another time too many.

Damn, Michael was pissed. I loved the way he yelled at Phyllis. I was unsure about him playing Big Daddy but now I see it.

• Love 11

Not gonna lie, when Victoria told Adam to rebrand his own company 'Victor and Son' the Sanford and Son theme song started playing in my head with Victor going 'You big dummy!' Fred Sanford style and I laughed. Hey, it was funny in my head :)

I want Adam to zig when everyone thinks he's gonna zag-

-Tell Victor it's a great idea to sell NM back to NE

-Sign on to run the new NM under Victoria and Ashland

- Smile and nod whenever someone gleefully drops a bomb on him about decisions he doesn't know about and just shrug and say 'Whatever you think is best!'

-Bring in coffee for Victoria, Ashland, and Nikki every morning as he starts his day at NE.

Be a stellar employee on the surface while he nestles himself into NE, surveils, taps his Spider connections and collects intel on what's really doing down with Ashland.  Michale and Victor could get part of the story while Adam gets the rest and HE starts protecting NE from within.  Hell, maybe even position himself as the put upon family punching bag so that Ashland tries to recruit him in an effort to foil Victor and Victoria and just as Ashland thinks he's won, Adam plays his cards and saves NE to Victoria's humiliation and Victor's proud joy.  Nikki and Victoria snit that Adam is gonna want NE for himself but instead he says he wants no part of it except Newman Media.  They can keep Newman Fashion to do with as they see fit with his Newman Media backing Sally Spectra Designs as its new fashion brand. Victoria will then be too busy fighting Victor for NE and Victor decides to leave Adam to his own devices for once.

Ashland and Michael scenes were amazing. They should've had these two actors dueling sooner!

Phyllis is tiresome but she doesn't have to be. As much as I've loathed the writing for her, I feel they could still pivot her into more interesting story either around Daniel and Lucy, the return of Avery or Ronan Malloy or maybe someone wants to do a biopic on Danny Romalotti (ha!) and they want to interview Phyllis for the story and the young starlet that wants to play her becomes obsessed with Phyllis giving her a taste of her own medicine in having to deal with a stalking psycho, LOL.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14

What doesn’t Amanda understand?  Why wouldn’t any one,beside the elite of GC, want to leave?  It’s because GC sucks!  GC is basically the armpit of Wisconsin. Amanda Amanda Amanda please please stop trying to talk Rodan the Petty out of leaving. It’s good for her to be with her “kick ass” daughter but much better for us that she won’t be sucking the air out of the room.  Now Michael needs a 32oz mug of STFU.  What a waists of time that TIIC  are giving Radan the Petty in convince her to stay in GC.  Michael is spending more time on getting Rodan the Petty to stay in GC than convincing Finn to come home. 

The fantastic executive that Olive is tells Adam in one breath that their lawyers discuss the lawsuit and in the next breath she has to gloat and lay out her position to Adam. More 🐂💩.  NW is a registered name and has articles of incorporation that allows them to operate under NW. Just like when NE merged with Locke, new articles of incorporation had to be filled allowing them to change the corporate name to Newman Locke. Olives reasons for using the name NM doesn’t hold water and only makes sense in the distorted world of GC. 

Olive Olive Olive, you egomaniac, how successful would you be if VICTOR DIDN’T HAND YOU NE.  There isn’t a shot in hell that Olive could build a multi billion multi national company.  Green eyed monster is an understatement.  Olive is transforming into the wicked witch of the west right before our eyes.  

Another red herring with Ashland or is he trying to undermine Olive once a again by having meetings without Olive’s knowledge.  

Hey Victor, why does Adam need a dose of reality and not Olive; but is Olive actually getting a dose of reality from Victor?  I’m not too sure that Victor is very happy about Newman Locke now that Ashland is going to survive.  Olive has always been arrogant but her arrogance has now reached a higher plateau since she has met and married Ashland. Both of them are well hydrated so they can piss on everyone and tell them it’s raining. 

Friggin CBS. They just couldn’t help themselves and wait 3 minutes to give Long Island and NYC a news break. 

Could someone please tell me what happened in the last 3 minutes just after Olive and Ashland talking about Victor’s tells. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I guess Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld are going to be receiving a Cease and Desist missive from Victoria sooner rather than later, informing them that she has proprietary control of the word "Newman".

So goodbye to 

There will be no Festivus for the rest of us, thanks to Victoria, ever again.......

Edited by boes
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1

Okay, Victoria, if your head gets any bigger they'll have to widen the doorways in your office. And you'll have to start using the service elevator. You might want to get the ego under control, Ms Thang, before daddy does it for you. 🤨

Amanda meeting with clients in a hotel lobby instead of at her office seems less than professional to me. I would think whatever they were discussing would merit some semblance of privacy.

It would be nice if Amanda could've listed all the people in GC who would miss Phyllis if she left town. I'm thinking most of the city would throw a party--to start right after Phyllis' flight left GC airspace.

Victoria was acting manic today, all wide-eyed and squirmy. Maybe she needs to ease up on the caffeine. 🤪

Geez, Amanda, shut up. If Phyllis moves to Italy you'll have an excuse to find a new BFF, one who isn't a psycho in remission. Stop trying to talk her out of it. Please!

Society should have a delivery service. Seems wasteful to have people at Ashland's level schlepping over there just to get take-out. 🤔

Sure Phyllis, Jack was real funny when you were practically screwing his brother right in front of him. He was like a barrel of infected lab monkeys. Do you ever listen to the crap coming out of your mouth? 🤬

Ashland and Michael in a d!ck-swinging contest. I am here for it. You 'bout to get schooled the Baldwin way, Ash.

Is this show actually trying to make me feel sorry for Adam? Ehhh. Kinda sad though that he's being undermined by his own father, behind his back, for nothing more than some filthy lucre. But I wouldn't sleep on Adam. He could have some tricky moves up his sleeve too. 😏

IMO Michael had a good point. Why would Summer risk wrecking her relationship with Phyllis by bringing her over to work at Marchetti? The last time they had jobs together, one of them slept with the other's boyfriend. Milan may not be big enough for the both of them.

• Love 16

Be a stellar employee on the surface while he nestles himself into NE, surveils, taps his Spider connections and collects intel on what's really doing down with Ashland.  Michale and Victor could get part of the story while Adam gets the rest and HE starts protecting NE from within.  Hell, maybe even position himself as the put upon family punching bag so that Ashland tries to recruit him in an effort to foil Victor and Victoria and just as Ashland thinks he's won, Adam plays his cards and saves NE to Victoria's humiliation and Victor's proud joy.  Nikki and Victoria snit that Adam is gonna want NE for himself but instead he says he wants no part of it except Newman Media.  They can keep Newman Fashion to do with as they see fit with his Newman Media backing Sally Spectra Designs as its new fashion brand. Victoria will then be too busy fighting Victor for NE and Victor decides to leave Adam to his own devices for once.

Why aren't you writing this show? I would watch the hell out of that.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Friggin CBS. They just couldn’t help themselves and wait 3 minutes to give Long Island and NYC a news break. 

Haha! When they did that I said, thank goodness they did it before B&B came on!

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Could someone please tell me what happened in the last 3 minutes just after Olive and Ashland talking about Victor’s tells. 

Adam went to the ranch to ask Victor why he hadn't told him about hiring Michael, and also told him he confronted Victoria about the lawsuit.  Victor told Adam about Victoria's offer to acquire NM and that he was seriously considering the idea.  I'm pretty sure that's all you missed.  

The scene with Michael and Ashland was entertaining, and as much as Amanda has been working my last nerve lately, the looks she was giving Phyllis as Michael was itemizing Phyllis' rap sheet were fun to watch. 

• Love 14
50 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Adam went to the ranch to ask Victor why he hadn't told him about hiring Michael, and also told him he confronted Victoria about the lawsuit.  Victor told Adam about Victoria's offer to acquire NM and that he was seriously considering the idea.  I'm pretty sure that's all you missed.  

The scene with Michael and Ashland was entertaining, and as much as Amanda has been working my last nerve lately, the looks she was giving Phyllis as Michael was itemizing Phyllis' rap sheet were fun to watch. 

Thank you.  

Another round of selfishness in GC. Michael and Amanda think it’s best for Summer if Rodan the Petty stays away from her and stay with her friends and business. 

• Love 5

Line of the day, when Michael hears that Phyllis wants to leave GC, "The hell you will! I'm stuck here and so are you!"

Watching the awesome scene between Michael and Ashland, I'm sorry I let myself get distracted by Ashland.  Michael, you really are my favorite!

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Mee-Lan is a new beginning for Phyllis? Great, can it be an end, too?  

And BF Amanda thinks that the hotel being a clusterfuck is an attraction for guests?  Yeah, sure.  I can see why someone like Devon thinks she gives great advice.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

I'm trying to imagine Phyllis, living and working in Italy.  Which has already been saddled with Dummer.  Now, Phyllis and Dummer, together, in Italy.  Imagine those two trying to speak Italian.

giphy.gif

And this would be on a good day.  A VERY good day.

Now imagine Italy breaking off relations with the U.S. and declaring war on Wisconsin.

Cuz it's gonna happen, people, it's gonna happen.  

• LOL 21
  • Love 1

In preparation for possibly accepting this job in Italy, Phyllis - bless her heart - decided to share a few bong moots of her wisdom about Italy with the rest of us.

Phyllis's Guide to Italy

Remember that pronunciation is paramount when living in Italy.  Here's a guide to how to pronounce the names of some of the important town.

MILAN - sounds like MEEEE LON.  Close your eyes and sort of scream it out.  (It was named after that Disney movie but the EYE TALIANS misspelled it.)

ROME - sounds exactly like ROOM, which is all you'll ever see of Italy if I end up living there.

NAPLES - Wanna sound like a native?  Then you pronounce it NIPPLES.  You'll be seeing a lot of mine.

BOLOGNA - Skip this one and go directly to the Klassier SALAMI.

ASSISI - This might be a place but it's also what I hear people screaming at me in the streets.

FLORENCE - Nobody over there ever says the full name.  Just call it "Flo, she don't know, cuz the guy she loves is a Romeo." 

TURIN - All I suggest with this place is not "turnin" into it since all they've got for fashion is some old shroud.

PISA - Just like it sounds, friends, PIZZA!  But they don't have the really good kind we have here, you know, the Genoa City special with hamburger and string cheese.

A few tidbits you'll find necessary -

Italians like to be called by their proper name which is pronounced EYE TALIANS.  Don't get this wrong or they'll be calling you a giant Assisi.

Italian police are called "Carbonated".  Again, it's important to say this right. 

If someone offers you Auntie Pasta, don't say No because these people love their aunts.  Seriously.

If you want to waste any of your time visiting their old churches or cathedrals of something BORING like that, remember they require you wear underwear. Under your skirt or pants or whatever.  I found that out the hard way.  Stupid shroud.....

Most of all, remember that no matter what country you visit, the most important thing to always remember is RESPECT.   The best way to show that is to always SHOUT as loud as you can.  This way the EYE TALIANS know you mean it!  I know this is right because they're always yelling at me.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 19
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, mjt626 said:

I find myself literally yelling at the tv.

For me, it’s an example of a woman losing control over her reproductive choices. Abby didn’t sign up to parent with Devon, to have him be an intimate part of her life forever.

It feels as if she emotionally assaulted.

Wonderful post! The last sentence just says it all. It feels like Chance and Devon have ganged up on her - and she is too distraught to fight back. I have never been crazy about Devon; I think it is due to the actor. There is no fire or passion in him onscreen; and this is a character who could be fabulous, with many layers. At this point I despise the character and dread when the actor comes onscreen. But it is also not the fault of the actors that this story has been so terribly written. I either mute or change channels when either actor appears. 

And Billy is thrilled! to hear this; as will probably everyone else who hears of it; then again, hardly anyone has heard about it. I wish Victor would come to Abby’s aid, kick Chance’s idiotic backside for not supporting his wife (this should be a dealbreaker), go after Devon and Amanda and threaten to make them pariahs. But I know that won’t happen; Victor will be Benevolent Victor and bring Devon into the fold. Like others, I have no idea why this whole thing has enraged me. 

• Love 16

I can’t believe that the show, network and writers have not been put on blast by social media for this entire debacle. I do not know any woman watching this who has not been made to feel uncomfortable, disgusted or angry.

• Love 21
12 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I can’t believe that the show, network and writers have not been put on blast by social media for this entire debacle. I do not know any woman watching this who has not been made to feel uncomfortable, disgusted or angry.

It's appalling. Why aren't advocacy groups screaming bloody murder?

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

I vote they change the theme song of this show to "The Games People Play" by Joe South. Great that Devon finally had a sit-down with Amanda about how having Dominick one day a week won't be all unicorns and ice cream. Most responsible people manage to do that before they start threatening custody suits. I am a fellow survivor of sexual assault and this whole show seems a throwback to the chauvinism of the 50's. Whatever Victor, Ashland, Billy, Devon, Adam (fill in the blanks) want is either overtly or covertly deferred to, with mind numbing monotony, by the show's female characters. It is triggering, as referenced upthread.Tess and Mariah are the only characters free of this narrative, and the writers even managed to have Noah eye screwing Tess. 

Edited by Julyolo
Clarification
  • Love 11

Is the sky falling?  Is the apocalypse upon us?  Nostrils actually gave sound advice and Olive a rude awakening in their talk today. Kudos Nostrils kudos. Will the egotistical Olive take heed?  Doubt it. 

For TIIC Adam is their go to whipping boy. They surround him with antagonist like Olive, Chloe, Chelsea, Nikki, and maybe even Victor. TIIC give Adam one truly reliable ally, Sally, and she too is surrounded by antagonists.  

I was right, the wardrobe department bought all the one shoulder outfits they could find at Walmart and now they have Tessa wearing one. Mariah is wrong. As I said before, in Wisconsin Mariah would have more rights to Bowie than Devon. But as a altruist, Mariah wanted no part of breaking up the Abby/Chance/Bowie dynamic.  I have to give the wardrobe department a shout out on what Amanda was wearing. A coat that wasn’t a Wisconsin winter coat a the coat and dress was open enough for Amanda’s cleavage to be exposed. The same for Bowie. A spring coat and no warm boots nor hand covering. At least they left his hat on. 

Same old 💩.  Lily’s position is so so important but she still can find the time to chit chat with Devon. Also Nostrils can take a long coffee break away from the office. I would think that Chancellor could afford a professional coffee making machine in their break room. 

No Abby, it’s not really your decision. You were coerced into making that decision by Chance 2.0. If it was me there would be no way that I would do it even with the current circumstances. I would find a work around even if it meant sending Chance 2.0 to a support group or at worse Fairview. I find it very stupid writing that TIIC thought it was necessary for Faith to seek counseling for drinking that being necessary for Chance 2.0 to overcome his fears by sticking a knife in Abby’s back. 

Chelsea and Chloe being able to sign a lease is absolutely ridiculous. They are not officers and don’t have the ability to commit a corporation to a lease. Adam or Victor would be the sole authority to do so. Come on TIIC, get your heads out of your collective asses. 

Are TIIC trying to redeem themselves by giving us more Mariah and Tessa interactions?  I sure hope so but they better not throw that love sick puppy, Noah, into the mix. Even though Tessa was the one to propose, I would imagine that wearing two wedding dresses does address their dynamic. 

By having Devon take Bowie for the night might allow Chance 2.0 but I will bet the farm that Abby won’t sleep any better. She will be tossing and turning listening for Bowie to cry even though he’s not there. 

The round table discussion about Victor selling NM to Olive was not a surprise that Olive has Adam Derangement Syndrome. But what pissed me off even more was Nikki chiming in about not wanting Adam on the executive board. Tell me Nikki why are you so high and mighty when your on the executive board without one once of qualification. In fact even Nostrils and Lily are more qualified to be on an executive board than you are. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

It's appalling. Why aren't advocacy groups screaming bloody murder?

Maybe there isn't anybody left still watching...except us poor hopeful faithful fools...🙄

This storyline really pisses me off!🤬 Keep your baby & don't let Devon claim he's the father...he's a donor! Who by the way signed a legal contract to that effect.

• Love 20