Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Was GL one of the East Coast soaps?

Yes, it was. I remember being on my high school senior trip in NYC, and on the bus through the window we saw the CBS building that had the soaps GL and ATWT in 1990(the glory days of those soaps). I loved those soaps then and wanted to see somebody outside I recognized. lol

I like RN as Josh on GL. He wasn't my favorite, but I liked him and Reva well enough.

8 hours ago, Cindylou said:

lets bring Kim Zimmer on too, maybe her and Jack can hook up

Now that's an idea. Let's see a scene with her and Phyllis. 

Edited by babyhouseman
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, SiouxB said:

Oh that’s right Abby took a bubble bath and Chance said she smells good

Abby must be wondering every moment of every day why she rescued this guy.

"Happy to know I smell good, you bag of hair but man do YOU STINK".

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
On 2/7/2022 at 6:34 PM, rcc said:

Nothing makes sense in this show anymore. Such poor writing and stupid storylines.

No to mention REALLY tacky clothes for the women

And someone please burn that awful orange pumpkin coat. ? Thank you. ??

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Most boring episode, ff'ed it @ warp speed. Do Rey and Sharon get a 2 for 1 deal on the Botox? During Chelsea's passion dream, he looked just like he does when he's hanging out at Crimson Lights. I find my self humming Gaga's "Poker Face" when he and Sharon are onscreen. Only 2 things I'm looking forward to at this point:  Devon you are not the father, and art historian Victoria getting schooled on con artistry. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Kemper said:

Yes! I had never seen the actor in anything before so I don’t know his style. If he is going to be a permanent cast member he maybe should gradually make the character his own.

The key word here is “gradually”.  I think it was a conscious choice to take on a few of RBs mannerisms to make the transition less jarring for the audience.  RN is a professional and will make the role his own in no time.  I’m not a RN fan because I’m not at all familiar with his work but I was pleased with his performance as Ashland.  It can’t be easy to come into a role in this way.

Edited by tinderbox
  • Useful 2
  • Love 19

All those who didn’t see Chelsea having the hots for Rey, raise your hand. Honestly at this point I wouldn’t even mind it because they’re both so damn boring I can just FF through all their scenes. 

Billy is questioning  if he’s smart enough to not fuck up his and Lily’s life? I can answer that in one syllable: NO.

god what an interminably boring show today was!

• LOL 2
  • Love 18

Lily, talking to Chelsea and asking advice.  “Chels, can you give a friend a few pointers on how to use a sofa condom?  Billy and I just don’t have the time to get upstairs to play hide the cannoli, so we just bounce on the couch.”  

• LOL 13
51 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

Man,  if you can’t be sexy IN A SEX DREAM  you’ve got a problem. 

all the wrong kinds of stiffness in that scene

I wonder if botox can be injected other places besides the face??

If not, perhaps Elmer's Glue might suffice?  It sure couldn't hurt.

giphy.gif

Unless it did.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Today’s show with Billy talking into his phone was the most boring show I’ve ever seen on a soap. Why do these writers think we care about this guy? We do not care about Billy.

What did we ever do to TPTB to deserve watching Billy solo for more minutes than should be allowed by law? 

Psst...one minute is too many.

The 30 odd seconds it took to FF through his bullshit was 30 odd seconds too many.

10 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Billy made me yearn for Devon. That's how bad today's show was.

gasp-shocked.gif

• LOL 9
  • Love 7

Ashland 2.0 is packing a lot of weight for a "just in remission" guy IMO. Looks like the Pillsbury doughboy. The jewelry Ashland and Victoria exchanged looked so teen mall cheap. Just ridiculous buying someone a ring signifying their purloined last name. As if there is nothing off about that at all. Victoria needs to research the last name Asswipe-Cloth. Nikki back to the big belt with her huge gut....forget a new horse Victor...get her liposuction. Nikki just does not have the physical body sense usually seen on equestrians, unless she drives a beer wagon pulled by the Anheiser-Busch Clydesdales. Billy really went all Andy Hardy with that podcast pitch. Glad another adolescent (Moses) is available to facilitate his juvenile ideas. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 2

Adam/Sally was the best thing about today's show(the whole week really). They really make every other couple on this show look like a flop. 

Devon interrupting gross couch sex between Lily & Nostrils was the first decent thing he's done in years. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 20

I have a suggestion for Olive. Do not wear black on the same day Sally wears black and definitely don’t try to make a dramatic entrance.  Sally is a sight to behold while Olive is just a sight. 

Nostrils is sadistic by constantly making love to Lily and now kissing Lily with morning breath after sleeping on the couch without regard for the wet spots 😵💫

Sharon got her degree in a Cracker Jack box and now it looks like the ring Olive gave to Ashland the Neckless also came from a Cracker Jack box as well as Ashland the Neckless’ gift to Olive. 

Now Victor has the right idea with giving Nikki another expensive horse. A woman cannot have enough horses. It’s either that or Victor is taking Nikki to the stable for a roll in the hay 🥰.  

The line of the month so far in Sally talking to Adam. “Convincing people that they want something is my superpower”.  

Heath and Wellness Podcasts?  Are TIIC kidding me that this is Nostrils’ and Lily’s big idea for a joint venture with Devon?  They would be a little late to the game for these type of podcasts have been around for a while as are YouTube videos. Didn’t ChanceCom have something on the same Ilk with Natey Nate Nate and than Elena?  Didn’t Ashland the Neckless offer Natey Nate Nate a bigger messaging platform with Newman Media?  

Victor plays chess while Nikki plays tiddlywinks. Victor is looking into Olive’s future happiness while Nikki sticks her head in the sand and only worries about Olive’s happiness in the hear and now. 

There is a big contrast between Sally as COO and Nostrils as COO. Sally’s ideas are fresh and innovative while Nostrils’ ideas are basically antiquated. 

Ashland the Neckless is so full of shit. His tax dodge would have nothing to do with protecting Olive or Newman Locke.  Any tax law violations would be Ashland the Neckless’ problem his and his alone. 

I have two observations. The first is that Olive only hugged Ashland the Neckless instead of kissing him.  is that because of covid or does Ashland the Neckless have bad breath like Nostrils. 

The second is that Victor is old school on the watch he is wearing. He has a windup watch. Almost all high end expensive watches are self winding. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

"The second is that Victor is old school on the watch he is wearing. He has a windup watch. Almost all high end expensive watches are self winding." Acutally, @Waldo13, it's the other way around: most manual or windup watches are more expensive because of all of the mechanics therein.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1

"Jour d' amour," Sally? If you plan to be successful in the media business, you'll dial back using such high falutin references.

Nikki wearing all red on Valentines Day seemed a bit on the nose to me. Meanwhile, thought Victoria looked like she was going to a soccer mom's goth funeral. 😒

Those Valentines Day decorations in Society were the opposite of romantic.

I'm with Victor on one point: Ashland wearing a signet ring with the Locke family crest seems rather tacky. Even the Newmans haven't stooped to that level of social pretension.

Adam trying to draw parallels between promoting news and promoting fashion was some impressive tap-dancing on the spot. He definitely knows how to feed Sally's ego. 🥳

Lol, Victor shading Ashland's sincerity right to his face. 😏

I KNEW IT! Billy, the poster boy for perpetual failure, now wants to be a self-help podcast guru. I am unable to can. 🙄

Re the preview: don't tease me show. But also don't have Sally and Adam's first secksay times be on any office furniture. 🤨

SHE PUT THE STRAWBERRY BACK IN THE BOX

But what else would she have done with it? Dropping it in Adam's deskside trash bin likely would've attracted ants or worse. If neither of them were going to eat rest of the strawberries, I didn't see a problem with putting the one Sally had bit into back in the box for later less messy disposal.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Confused……I thought Ashland Locke died in the car fire and his identity was stolen so why is fake Ashland proud to be wearing the Locke crest and why did Victoria continue the sham as I thought she knew about this?  

It's typical of the tone deaf writing on this show.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Confused……I thought Ashland Locke died in the car fire and his identity was stolen so why is fake Ashland proud to be wearing the Locke crest and why did Victoria continue the sham as I thought she knew about this?  

Makes as much sense as that Bag O'Hair chomping at the bit to go on a stake-out, then going on the stake-out, fainting, and then strolling home to Abby like nothing happened. And all of this edited in between Chelsea 22.0 having dirty dreams about Rey Rey. This show is becoming totally mystifying. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
50 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

Makes as much sense as that Bag O'Hair chomping at the bit to go on a stake-out, then going on the stake-out, fainting, and then strolling home to Abby like nothing happened. And all of this edited in between Chelsea 22.0 having dirty dreams about Rey Rey. This show is becoming totally mystifying. 

Geez. Wondered why he was home...must have fallen asleep during that part...lol

Those Chelz & Rey-Rey dreams were cringeworthy...maybe that's what put me to sleep. (Or maybe its the whole show.)

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

You know what would make Neil and Katherine proud, you trio of mumbling humblebragging self-involved morons?  NEVER using their names again to advance any of your self-aggrandizing, mediocre, masturbatory, self-referential bullshit ideas.   

The only thing that would make them happier is if they could disassociate from you in the present from the great hereafter.

ButtBiscuit thinks there's a world out there just panting to get advice from an over-the-hill morose Oompa Loompa wannabe and he's buffed up by a breathless Lily in her best Valley Gurl impression while Devon manages to pull of the impossible and pat all three of them on the back simultaneously.   Then Devon had the time to swing by Safeway and pick up a bouquet while ButtBiscuit and Lily once again tried to prove that there's no amount of Scotchguard in the world that'll save that sofa.

Meanwhile, we got to see Genoa City's richest vulgarians compete with  how to outdo each other with overblown, yet underwhelming presents.  Horsies, a signet ring and necklace from the Franklin Mint Collection for the terminally tasteless.  All that was missing was a mutual exchange of edible underwear.   Come to think of it, we never did hear what Nikki got Victor.....

But we had Adam and Sally and strange as it to say, they were a breath of fresh air in that fetid swamp of Wisconsin's bottom-feeding business titans.  May they choke on their string cheese.

It's enough to make me lactose intolerant.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 7
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Ladybugnine said:

"The second is that Victor is old school on the watch he is wearing. He has a windup watch. Almost all high end expensive watches are self winding." Acutally, @Waldo13, it's the other way around: most manual or windup watches are more expensive because of all of the mechanics therein.

Omega, Rolex, and Patek Philippe currently use a self winding movement in their watches.  The watch movements are basically the same except that there is a counter balance disc that rotates when your wrist move to wind the main spring automatically. Now this is the tricky part. If the watch stops because the main spring is depleted, you can use the watch stem to reenergize the main spring but you are manually turning the counter balance disc.  I may have to stand corrected though because Victor was turning the stem in the same direction which is the way a self winding watch is wound.  Is the watch is not self winding,  the stem would be turned in two different directions back and forth. 

in any case I’m proud of my $75 Casio G Shock. It’s probably more accurate than most expensive watches since it calibrates itself to the Naval Observatory Time every night.   

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, boes said:

You know what would make Neil and Katherine proud, you trio of mumbling humblebragging self-involved morons?  NEVER using their names again to advance any of your self-aggrandizing, mediocre, masturbatory, self-referential bullshit ideas.   

The only thing that would make them happier is if they could disassociate from you in the present from the great hereafter.

ButtBiscuit thinks there's a world out there just panting to get advice from an over-the-hill morose Oompa Loompa wannabe and he's buffed up by a breathless Lily in her best Valley Gurl impression while Devon manages to pull of the impossible and pat all three of them on the back simultaneously.   Then Devon had the time to swing by Safeway and pick up a bouquet while ButtBiscuit and Lily once again tried to prove that there's no amount of Scotchguard in the world that'll save that sofa.

Meanwhile, we got to see Genoa City's richest vulgarians compete with  how to outdo each other with overblown, yet underwhelming presents.  Horsies, a signet ring and necklace from the Franklin Mint Collection for the terminally tasteless.  All that was missing was a mutual exchange of edible underwear.   Come to think of it, we never did hear what Nikki got Victor.....

But we had Adam and Sally and strange as it to say, they were a breath of fresh air in that fetid swamp of Wisconsin's bottom-feeding business titans.  May they choke on their string cheese.

Wish I could give this 1,000 upvotes. Anybody think to give Gwyneth Paltrow a call, and let her know Lily, Billy, Devon will be coming after her GOOP customers? She's only been doing it for 14 years.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Wow, Billy!  What a great idea!  Why didn't Oprah think of that 30 years ago?  I hope Billy isn't thinking about hosting these Chancellor TERDtalks.  He's no Eckhart or Deepak.  He's more like a slightly less emotionally mature Beavis.  It's hilarious that he thinks Lily makes him want to be a better person.  She actually enables his worst instincts and makes excuses for his bad behavior.  Although she was smart to give her COO this stupid podcast pet project to keep him busy and out of her hair.  One thing puzzles me...wouldn't this content they need to stream have been sold off with the rest of ChanceComm?

Adam and Sally are pure fire...the only thing worth watching today.   

• Love 18

The number of characters or stories I care about today was precisely zero, so things went by REAL fast.  I don't care about the grown ass Newman kids feuding or Billy's pawdcast.  

And I know I'll be on an island on this one, but I don't care about Adam/Sally either.  It's like I can tell they have chemistry, but it just does nothing for me.   The whole story came off like her "wearing him down", and as uptight as it probably is, it still comes off really annoying for some reason.

Just let me find out Stitch is the dad and Devon getting absolutely wrecked, so I can be horribly petty and laugh at him.  That's where I'm at, show, thanks.   

Edited by JNavarro
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
59 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

One thing puzzles me...wouldn't this content they need to stream have been sold off with the rest of ChanceComm?

Where do these human lug nuts expect to get their audience?  There have never been any indications that Chancellor Industries is anything but a conglomerate of traditional businesses, not a purveyor of lifestyle companies.  Going to them for the sort of podcast ButtBiscuit is talking about would be like seeking out yoga advice at Chevron or recipes from Jiffy Lube......though now I'm wondering exactly what Amanda is whipping up in Devon's kitchen....

"Have you heard the latest mindfulness podcast from  AT&T?  No, I've been too busy with the scrap booking podcast from the Nuclear Power Industry!!"

• LOL 17
  • Love 2

@JNavarro what are you doing in my head? I thought about writing those same sentiments this afternoon when I realized I couldn’t think of a single couple on this show I’m rooting for (eventually i did think “oh, Mariah and Tessa”). Thank you for saving me the trouble - you captured my sentiments perfectly!

• Love 7

@JNAVARRO what are you doing in my head?  I feel the same way and don't care about Adam & Sally mainly because Sally's constant & unnatural facial gyrations & head bobs to get each word out completely exhaust me.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, deirdra said:

@JNAVARRO what are you doing in my head?  I feel the same way and don't care about Adam & Sally mainly because Sally's constant & unnatural facial gyrations & head bobs to get each word out completely exhaust me.

You have precisely defined why I can’t tolerate Sally. She cannot spit out her words. There are always pauses between the words which makes it miserable to try to listen to her.

• Love 7

Finally watched Robert Newman’s debut episode and I am a fan. I was a Guiding Light fanatic and thought I would only see Josh Lewis but I thought he did great and expect him to just get better. I did like RB in the role and wish they could have both actors on the show. 
Billy is a judgmental prick. How could he bring up what Sally did to Summer which was get her a good job far away when he banged her to piss off her mom? She was his niece through marriage at one point and even if she is a stupid slut, there was no need to go there.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, Chatty Cake said:

Billy is a judgmental prick. How could he bring up what Sally did to Summer which was get her a good job far away when he banged her to piss off her mom? She was his niece through marriage at one point and even if she is a stupid slut, there was no need to go there.

It is a mystery to me as to why the Sleeping With Summer incident has been forgotten. It would make for an actual interesting, explosive storyline. Maybe the actor doesn’t want to revisit.  And who wants to bet that eventually Billy will use this podcast to go after Adam.

I know that the “Billy” actor/character is generally reviled on this board. However, at this point I will take him over Devon. I usually grab the remote when he appears onscreen. That is how bad the writing has been; and how monotone his character is. Paint drying.

• Love 13

I thought Robert Newman did a great job but I wasn’t surprised. It’s not like he’s a newbie. I think in another month he’ll be totally comfortable in the role. The only complaint I have is that his suit looked kind of tight on him. I don’t know if it’s because he’s bulkier now or it was a rush job on getting a suit for since there was like only a week between getting the job, moving to LA and taping several shows on his first day. I’m sure that will come together once he’s settled into the role and his new home. I always liked when he had facial hair but I don’t like the goatee on him. Especially, now because Eric Braden has had one for a while and it makes him look even more unkept. In fact, on Friday’s show their scenes were back to back and you really noticed it. 

• Love 8

wouldn't this content they need to stream have been sold off with the rest of ChanceComm?

Lily told her brother that CI retained its entertainment division when ChancComm was sold off. So it would seem only the news-related content is gone. But as noted upthread, why would CI have an entertainment division if it's supposed to be a manufacturing company? Oh yeah: to give Billy something to do. Again. 🙄

(Now watch Adam and/or Sally coincidentally come up with the AMAZING idea for Newman Media to produce podcasts. Or, Billy will brag to them about his new venture and they'll take up the challenge. Either way, yawn.)

Anybody think to give Gwyneth Paltrow a call, and let her know Lily, Billy, Devon will be coming after her GOOP customers? She's only been doing it for 14 years.

Damning with faint praise? Because I wouldn't consider someone who sells candles scented to smell like their cooch as much of a threat. Frankly, I see GP as the female version of Billy, but probably with a much bigger bank balance. Yeah, I said it. Come at me. 😏

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

How come when they (now Chloe & Chelsea) do a fashion company storyline their great idea is to have video vlogs about the product where customer can order online?! Lauren was all impressed like it’s never been done before. Um, this 2022. How is this new? I remember when they did this storyline with the teenage Billy & Mac crowd. That was like 20 years ago. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, boes said:

ButtBiscuit thinks there's a worl out there just panting to get advice from an over-the-hill morose Oompa Loompa wannabe and he's buffed up by a breathless Lily in her best Valley Gurl impression while Devon manages to pull of the impossible and pat all three of them on the back simultaneously.   Then Devon had the time to swing by Safeway and pick up a bouquet while ButtBiscuit and Lily once again tried to prove that there's no amount of Scotchguard in the world that'll save that sofa.

But we had Adam and Sally and strange as it to say, they were a breath of fresh air in that fetid swamp of Wisconsin's bottom-feeding business titan's.  May they choke on their string cheese.

Preach to this whole post! Especially the bolded part! I don't expect them to bring up Drucilla but I think for the first time, I'm glad of that. No need to insult her character even further. Besides, I'm sure Dru stopped looking over her daughter with pride, right before her first couch boink with Buttbiscuit lol 

2 hours ago, Kemper said:

It is a mystery to me as to why the Sleeping With Summer incident has been forgotten.

My theory is that TIIC don't want to kill their precious golden Abbott boy off. Because the writers sweeping away the Newmans and Abbotts non-involvement with Dominicgate is one thing. But there is no way TIIC could get away with Nostrils being outed for his deplorable revenge bang of Summer, and then not have Nick, Victor, Nikki and likely Jack show up to ring Billy Bitch Boy's neck. Nikki and Jack might not have anything left to get to after Nick & Victor get done. 

3 hours ago, Kemper said:

I know that the “Billy” actor/character is generally reviled on this board. However, at this point I will take him over Devon. I usually grab the remote when he appears onscreen. That is how bad the writing has been; and how monotone his character is. Paint drying.

^^^I'll join you at this table. I hate them equally, but at least Nostrils keeps me engaged enough that I hate watch a fair amount of his scenes. And I thoroughly enjoy dragging him. Devon is a douchebag but he's also so damn boring I fast forward most, if not all of his scenes, so it's harder to drag him later lol. I only watch him if he's with Abby/Chance. As far the actors go JT is better than BJ( not a high bar to clear) even though they're both dull. I remember JT on General Hospital and he was much better there. I never thought too much of BJ/Devon, but when Amanda/MM has more chemistry (with everyone), with the likes of NotBilly that's when I realized that BJ/Devon is the bigger issue for me. 

• Love 9

I’ve always thought Douchevon was on the boring side but since he did Abby dirty he’s not only boring but a douchey a-hole. And he needs to stop being so judgmental. He banged his so called beloved dads wife and now he stole Abby’s baby. He’s despicable. 
I always felt the truth should have come out about nasty, disgusting, disease ridden Summer and her moms lover Billy Boy Abbott. They briefly mentioned it when Billy and Lily were on the plane with Scummer and Vile. On the other hand it would be predictable. Nick would have beaten Billy up while believing that his trash box daughter was a victim even though the whore was throwing herself at him and wearing nighties to show off her gross fake titties and laying on the butcher block with her legs open begging him to put his penis in her. (Sorry for the graphic, I HATE Summer)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Chief Operating Officer Definition:

The COO will provide leadership and strategic vision to the organization.  They will bring operational, managerial and administrative procedures, reporting structures and operation controls to the company.  The COO will effectively communicate and foster growth among the executive team and all employees.  This is a vital leadership role that will drive results, spur growth and increase the overall efficiency of the corporation.

Of the two, I think Sally might be able to be effective at the job.  She's run a company before and Newman Media isn't as large and complex as CI.  I fully expect that Billy will fail spectacularly.  He has never accomplished a single thing on his own without help from his family, other than being a gambling addict and drunk. He's flamed out at every job where he has had authority in the past.   COO's need to be focused, organized, driven and have a good understanding of all the business lines in a corporation.  They would not be involved in the nitty gritty of developing an unoriginal podcast.  Oh, and no company would hire someone as COO that had embezzled from their former employer.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I thought Robert Newman did a great job but I wasn’t surprised. It’s not like he’s a newbie. I think in another month he’ll be totally comfortable in the role. The only complaint I have is that his suit looked kind of tight on him. I don’t know if it’s because he’s bulkier now or it was a rush job on getting a suit for since there was like only a week between getting the job, moving to LA and taping several shows on his first day. I’m sure that will come together once he’s settled into the role and his new home. I always liked when he had facial hair but I don’t like the goatee on him. Especially, now because Eric Braden has had one for a while and it makes him look even more unkept. In fact, on Friday’s show their scenes were back to back and you really noticed it. 

I predict Robert Newman will remain pudgy looking in tightly fitted clothes. That is the show's stylist superpower, dressing the cast in ill fitting ensembles.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Lily told her brother that CI retained its entertainment division when ChancComm was sold off. So it would seem only the news-related content is gone. But as noted upthread, why would CI have an entertainment division if it's supposed to be a manufacturing company? Oh yeah: to give Billy something to do. Again. 🙄

(Now watch Adam and/or Sally coincidentally come up with the AMAZING idea for Newman Media to produce podcasts. Or, Billy will brag to them about his new venture and they'll take up the challenge. Either way, yawn.)

Damning with faint praise? Because I wouldn't consider someone who sells candles scented to smell like their cooch as much of a threat. Frankly, I see GP as the female version of Billy, but probably with a much bigger bank balance. Yeah, I said it. Come at me. 😏

Yeah, I was damning them all, but your post reminded me of her cooch candles, and that Billy and Lily could do one that smells like their couch. "Couch Cooch Candles". Say that fast 3 times!

• LOL 13
  • Love 1