Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Am I supposed to be thankful for the heaping serving of ham that came with this turkey of an episode?  And the whole dream leads us to Phack 3.0?  Ughh...

There were a few highlights...Gloria is always fun.  And Victor's facial expressions were E.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.  He must have had a few drinks before doing those scenes, because he was hilarious.  And if that was SecondChance in the preview, he is quite a gnocco.  Well done, Show. 👍

Happy Thanksgiving, Preverts!  I'm thankful for the insights and laughs you all provide as we bond over this dumb show!

Same to you my friend. 

• Love 12

Phyllis being the focus of an Opposite Day Friendsgiving Carol, featuring Golden Glo, as the Ghost of Friendsgiving Never Happening, was a telegraphed 45 minute treaclefest. It managed to surpass NotBilly's It's a Wonderful Life coma tour of Hell.

Does Phyllis actually envision herself as obliging, helpful, gracious, and generous to others? Self-knowledge doesn't appear to be one of Phyl's attributes in dreamtime.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15

Well,so as not to be totally MIA, I did try to manage part of It's a Wonderful Phyllis.

And I do not feel well for having done so. Twenty minutes, complete with St Sharon feeding the homeless and the smelly--but then, my girl Gloria... Except even she couldn't save this.

What's happened to this show? I mean US Thanksgiving shows usually give me sugar-shock, but hey, at least Satan showed up on the DOOL version.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Dear Powers that be, we don’t need a Phyllis centered episode. 

Especially after a month of Phyllis talking to Jack, Phyllis running into Nick & talking some more and Phylly talking to Billy too, always with a pathetic/cringy look in her eyes and a big fake smile full of blue veneers.  It is nice that Phyllis knows her employees' names, however, I wasn't expecting that.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

If I never saw MS as Phyllis again, I would thank the good Lord forever more. She’s eaten this show for long enough and the writers are beating us over the head with her. Please release us from this punishment!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
On 11/24/2021 at 2:15 PM, peacheslatour said:

B..but..Golden Glo! 

That wasn't enough to save the episode. And all her scenes were with Syph. Way too much Syph BS.

So it's sure gonna be a big surprise for us when Abby sees Chance. What an odd choice to put in the promo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I skipped through most of the Phyllis pukefest!  I thought I was the only one noticing MS’s blue veneers!  And she shows them off every chance she gets.  MS must have had it written into her contract that she must be onscreen for a % of air time each episode or something??!!  But WHY??  And those dresses they put her in, skin tight, off one shoulder and glittery as hell!  She dresses like a Barbie doll.  Sick to death of her.

• Love 14
On 11/25/2021 at 6:05 PM, deirdra said:

Phyllis running into Nick & talking some more and Phylly talking to Billy too, always with a pathetic/cringy look in her eyes and a big fake smile full of blue veneers.  

blogger-image-570236807.jpg

It reminded me of Ross having his teeth bleached.

Another example of what to avoid when on the road to pushing back the hands of time and gravity.

I recently saw MS in the movie Double Jeopardy (1999), and she had that same cringy grimace the entire time she was on camera; not a long time, 4-5 minutes, but long enough.

<shudder>

• LOL 12
  • Love 5

It is nice that Phyllis knows her employees' names, however, I wasn't expecting that.

Did you notice the snug fit of his pants? I'm betting Phyllis did and that's why she remembered his name. Thomas was probably thisclose to being ridden like a showhorse in his boss' suite. At the holiday pay rate.

She dresses like a Barbie doll.  

A geriatric Barbie doll. 😼 Which is saying something since Barbie herself 62 years old. At least Barbie's still got it going on.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5

Saying Phyllis dresses like a Barbie Doll is an insult to all Barbie’s and their different versions and occupations. 🤓 Actually, Phyllis (and Sharon) are insults to their occupations. Why can’t the writers write women as empowered adults.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Why can’t the writers write women as empowered adults.

Sadly, I think that's what the writers think they are doing.  Being a W.O.M.A.N means "bringing home the bacon, frying it up in a pan" and, most importantly, making you feel like a man.  Doesn't matter if they are qualified to be CEO's, business owner's, "doctors" or any other legitimate occupation.  Longs as we fill our quota for Empowered Wimmens and those gals bring on the sexy. 

• Love 8
On 11/27/2021 at 6:04 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Did you notice the snug fit of his pants? I'm betting Phyllis did and that's why she remembered his name. Thomas was probably thisclose to being ridden like a showhorse in his boss' suite. At the holiday pay rate.

A geriatric Barbie doll. 😼 Which is saying something since Barbie herself 62 years old. At least Barbie's still got it going on.

Thomas, like Ken, 

giphy.gif

has it going on.

Phyllis has a type.

• LOL 11

Phyllis has a type.

I dunno, that Ken doesn't seem to me like he's swinging Phyllis' way. 😉 Meanwhile, I was today years old when I looked at Ken's wiki page and learned that there was once a Sugar Daddy Ken. Man, Mattel. Y'all were out there. Wonder if there was a Sugar Baby Barbie?

yvzCb7g.png

Meanwhile, speaking of sugar babies, what are the odds Lily will dump Billy this week?

• LOL 13
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I dunno, that Ken doesn't seem to me like he's swinging Phyllis' way. 😉 Meanwhile, I was today years old when I looked at Ken's wiki page and learned that there was once a Sugar Daddy Ken. Man, Mattel. Y'all were out there. Wonder if there was a Sugar Baby Barbie?

yvzCb7g.png

Meanwhile, speaking of sugar babies, what are the odds Lily will dump Billy this week?

Sugar Daddy Ken is......interesting....... The love child of George Hamilton and Liberace?

If Lily does dump ButtBiscuit this week then I might finally believe in the power of prayer.  Or, at least, screaming at the tv screen.

• LOL 14
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

yvzCb7g.png

What does Leona Helmsley's dog walker have to do with this?

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 13

The implausibility of this Chance story is overwhelming me. I don’t think I’m supposed to be chuckling, am I? The man must have an invisibility cloak to get in and out and around, while being “in a bad way “unseen by good guys, bad guys, Boat captains.. gtfoh.

Meanwhile, he would most definitely catch my eye!

• LOL 14
45 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

The implausibility of this Chance story is overwhelming me. I don’t think I’m supposed to be chuckling, am I? The man must have an invisibility cloak to get in and out and around, while being “in a bad way “unseen by good guys, bad guys, Boat captains.. gtfoh.

Meanwhile, he would most definitely catch my eye!

Unfortunately, NuNuNuNuNuChance might be easy on the eyes, but his acting is not (or on the ears).

And you mean to tell me after all of the time he's spent at hotels and getting info from his handlers regarding his directive(s), he had NO idea that he has a kid? I can't remember if Abby had procured the baby batter and the womb before Nu+Chance snuck out into that dark, dark night on Mallorca. 😂😂😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

I agree Nu ^n Chance is better seen than heard.. so far. I’ll give him a few weeks- i thought New Faith was really good at first and now, not so much, so…

Does anybody else think he looks alot like the actor who played Cole years ago? Could it be Nina was stepping out??

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lightninggirl said:

Unfortunately, NuNuNuNuNuChance might be easy on the eyes, but his acting is not (or on the ears).

Consider that NuChance doesn't have much to work with, dialog and story-wise; TIIC have written another over-wrought and idiotic story arc to re-cast a legacy character.

NuChance's got two objectives in mind; Get the Spanish bombers that Go Boomed his Special Forces buddies, and complete his mission. Abby throwing herself at him and begging him to return to Genoa City to be a family with their son comes a distant 20th on the list of things NuChance has vowed to handle to an unknown governmental agency doing secret military maneuvers beyond the borders of a US ally.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Abby procured the baby batter and the womb a couple of weeks after nununuChance left that dark, dark night, while his nether regions were still inflamed from an injury.  He was probably hoping that his fertility would return after he healed and was back home again, but Abby was in a hurry. This whole baby story has been horrendous since its inception.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

I am afraid this Baby Story will be with us for decades.  Dombowie is a "legacy character" so we are in for weeks/months/years of Devon/Mariah/Abby histrionics. It is hard to see any of these particular characters carrying a storyline without help from the Old Pros.  I hate it and now I am hating the actors who have to portray these overwrought idiots. And yes, more Phyllis and Amanda talking about Phyllis.  We haven't heard enough of that.  Right now, I think the show is worse than it has been in quite awhile.  At least since Abby just had to have a baby.  Of which she has not bonded with and seems to not care all that much about. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Once again I have to listen to Abby’s dribble of why she left Bowie with Devon. Once again Abby dismissed Mariah as the red headed step child for Mariah has spent a lot more time with Bowie than anyone including Devon. 

Ok, so Chance’s leg is torn up and had a concussion but was able to make it to Majorca by stowing away in a freighter (freight ferry). That was about 7hrs to get to Majorca not including the time he had to wait for a ferry.  Bleeding to death was not an option. 

At first glance, new Chance looks like more I would imagine old Chance should have looked like. Is it me or does new Chance resemble Lauren’s son Scotty?  They look like they are related in some way. Random or casted to look that way?

How long does it take to identify all the bodies from the explosion?  It’s going on weeks and weeks. Ducky, from NCIS, can do it in an hour 😉.  But it seems that they know Chance is alive and want him to stay dead to complete his mission. Abby finds Chance than Abby looses Chance showing that his men mean more to him than Abby.  Is Chance only a day to day player?  Will he join Det Deadwood in witness protection?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Are Jack and Ashley staying in the jet instead of a hotel? Gah this show has gotten so cheap. 💩

Instead of letting us see any of the characters celebrate Thanksgiving, we just got to hear them talk about what they ate. Meh. But I would've liked to have seen Nate and Devon debate sweet potato pie versus candied yams. 😋

I imagine someone among TPTB thinks showing Devon take such focused care of Tater is helping fight the absent, deadbeat father stereotype associated with Black men. But IMO that could've been accomplished without this ugh storyline which AFAIC is swaying between horror and science fiction. 😡

Apparently Chance not only lost his wedding ring and wallet in the explosion, he also misplaced his cowboy drawl. Yee-haw! (Got a good laugh when I saw comments out in the wilds complaining that this nuChance actor doesn't look anything like the one he replaced. Well, Lone Star Chance didn't look anything like the ones who came before him either. Funny how recasts work. 🤠)

Not sure I liked Amanda being so gleeful about Sutton now facing the rest of his life in prison. He's still her grandfather even if he is evil. I'm thinking maybe she could've been a bit more solemn about it. And Phyllis the multiple-times felon who's never really been punished should've kept her mouth shut.

What was the murky green drink Amanda had in her wine goblet? 🤔

Jack, you need to listen to Ashley. Phack redux = heartache and misery.

Abby: Chance, meet your son, Dominic Phillip Abbott Newman Chancellor.
Chance: wow, what a great-looking kid. He kind of resembles Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, except not a ginger of course.
British Royal Family: you are straying into the wrong driving lane, you impudent Yanks.
Harry & Meghan: are they tho?
😏

Oh dear, Chance might have PTSD with a generous side-helping of OCD. If Abby goes undercover with him in Spain and then Victor has to come rescue them, I'm going to laugh so hard.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I am afraid this Baby Story will be with us for decades.  Dombowie is a "legacy character" so we are in for weeks/months/years of Devon/Mariah/Abby histrionics. It is hard to see any of these particular characters carrying a storyline without help from the Old Pros.  I hate it and now I am hating the actors who have to portray these overwrought idiots. And yes, more Phyllis and Amanda talking about Phyllis.  We haven't heard enough of that.  Right now, I think the show is worse than it has been in quite awhile.  At least since Abby just had to have a baby.  Of which she has not bonded with and seems to not care all that much about. 

I was having a lot of fun with the Killy NotBilly s/l. Now Show just lies there like a dead thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Abby: Chance, meet your son, Dominic Phillip Abbott Newman Chancellor.
Chance: wow, what a great-looking kid. He kind of resembles Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, except not a ginger of course.
British Royal Family: you are straying into the wrong driving lane, you impudent Yanks.
Harry & Meghan: are they tho?
😏

I do wonder why TPTB haven't let viewers see what DPANC looks like. Are they waiting for People Magazine to offer them big bucks for an "exclusive" first look?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I was having a lot of fun with the Killy NotBilly s/l. Now Show just lies there like a dead thing.

So was I.  There was continuous hope that Billy would finally implode and go off somewhere to lick his wounds.  It drew in Victor, Adam, Victoria, Ashland, Lily, Nicki, hopefully Jill and even Nick and Gaines.  But...

Apparently, from what I have seen online, the "Baby" storyline is not popular with many many people.  So.  How about Stitch coming back and kidnapping Dombowie; leaving a note for Abby and Devon that he (Stitch) switched the sperm.  Stitch disappears into the night with his son for years and years.  Final Curtain on this debacle.  But sadly, Chelsea is soon to return. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Was I supposed to feel emotional about the joyous reunion?  I guess I was, if disappointment that this clown is alive counts.  

Nu NoChance finds out about "his son", now has the opportunity to go home and meet his family in turmoil, but will risk his life again solely for revenge and his own ego.  What a guy.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

This storyline is more fitting to NCIS or SWAT.  I’m assuming this covert mission is CIA driven, so what took them so long to figure out if Chance was blown to shreds?  Aren’t they supposed to be elite?  And really.  Are there really dudes walking around Spain blowing people up?  And if it’s something like Basque separatists, why the hell does Chance et.al. give a rat’s ass?  That’s Spain’s problem.  Now if he were in Syria, Afghanistan or another Middle East country, I could understand.  But Spain?  

And why do TIIC want to keep this idiot story going?  What does it serve to keep him away from GC?  Haul his ass home and let’s get on with Buttbiscuit. 

• Love 10

nuChance had that rough and tussle hair look which probably took the hair department hours to do. LOL!!!! The actor was okay but I need to give him a month and a pec & abs check for a final decision. LOL!!!! 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, JNavarro said:

NoChance finds out about "his son"

Why would he give a rat's ass and what makes Summer Sausage his son? Abby's egg and another man's sperm grown in a surrogate. He had no say in choosing the sperm donor. He wasn't involved in any part of the process. Abby could have gone to her Grampy's orphanage and bought a kid there as a surprise for him. He's just gone through hell and he's really into it and wants to stay and keep playing. He doesn't want to have to come home for dinner. Abby can't really expect him to come home because she found a new hobby to occupy her Wednesday afternoons.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

This storyline is more fitting to NCIS or SWAT.  I’m assuming this covert mission is CIA driven, so what took them so long to figure out if Chance was blown to shreds?  Aren’t they supposed to be elite?  And really.  Are there really dudes walking around Spain blowing people up?  And if it’s something like Basque separatists, why the hell does Chance et.al. give a rat’s ass?  That’s Spain’s problem.  Now if he were in Syria, Afghanistan or another Middle East country, I could understand.  But Spain?  

I’m not defending this totally dumb storyline, but Chance 2.0 said, if I heard correctly, that they were tracking down a criminal wanted in the US that fled to Spain. I’m not sure if he said terrorist or drug dealer. 

ETA:  I went back to the video tape to check. Chance 2.0 just said criminal that fled the US to set up shop in Spain.  No mention of what type of criminal. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2

Hoo boy, Adam was pissed about Ashland and Victoria's play for ChanceComm. You could see him struggling not to pop off completely on everyone and let DarkAdam come out to play. And damn Victoria dismissing Adam once he outlined what exactly was happening was cold blooded.  Adam's lucky Ashland wasn't in the mood to tear his ass open because trust that RB would be up to the task. I also think that he knew he did them wrong so he let Adam vent his spleen a bit. 

Then the poor kid goes to Victor and is swinging wild! I liked Nikki pushing back 'Boy, I work for Newman Enterprises not Newman Media' and Adam apologized and Nikki accepted it!  I loved that beat!  I liked Victor's calm approach and gently leading Adam to the conclusion that the game was really just beginning. But I can also note that it's obvious he's happy to be playing his kids against each other which is not cool.  Adam is wound tiiiight and I'm worried about his redemption sliding a bit if things get too intense.

Poor Jill. Billy couldn't even pretend to be glad to see his mother and was just contentious with her about everything - even though yes she was cutting to the bone with him. But Billy deserved it in spades. Jill is just tired with him. You can see it in her bones that she's tried so hard to help him and he just keeps messing things up and she's tired.  She wasn't sugarcoating anything in letting him know yup, you need to step down. And I loved how he wanted to get in a snit about being excluded from Jill and Lily's grown folk talk when all he's done is make decisions behind Lily's back about their company. Sir, you already said you were stepping down so why would you think you need to be in any conversations going forward?  Billy had a whole new level of defeat when Jill came into play. He was sulking around town hard core. Don't feel sorry for him. And damnit Victoria you shouldn't either. Don't look behind you at Billy; look in front of you at that fine shady husband you have!

Abby and Chance. Sigh. I'll let them play out more before I make judgements.  Being the spouse of a military man is no doubt hella complicated but she doesn't seem cut out for it and Chance has always been about his loyalty to his peeps. Wish Adam could've been a part of this story. I am intrigued how Devon is gonna react to Chance's resurrection and Devon no longer being the only/primary father figure in Dominic's life.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Why would he give a rat's ass and what makes Summer Sausage his son? Abby's egg and another man's sperm grown in a surrogate. He had no say in choosing the sperm donor. He wasn't involved in any part of the process. Abby could have gone to her Grampy's orphanage and bought a kid there as a surprise for him. He's just gone through hell and he's really into it and wants to stay and keep playing. He doesn't want to have to come home for dinner. Abby can't really expect him to come home because she found a new hobby to occupy her Wednesday afternoons.

True.  But he signed off on the whole thing,  knowing that *someone* not him would be the donor, and then took off in the middle of the night with a B Back Soon K Bye letter.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Hoo boy, Adam was pissed about Ashland and Victoria's play for ChanceComm. You could see him struggling not to pop off completely on everyone and let DarkAdam come out to play. And damn Victoria dismissing Adam once he outlined what exactly was happening was cold blooded.  Adam's lucky Ashland wasn't in the mood to tear his ass open because trust that RB would be up to the task. I also think that he knew he did them wrong so he let Adam vent his spleen a bit. 

I have to admit, I'm loving Mark Grossman right now. His eyes when he was accusing Victoria of trying to protect Billy again were truly barking mad. Justin Hartley just didn't have IT. MG does.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I’m very happy that TIIC are bringing up the issue of altruism. Abby has never grab its concept as a selfish person but Chance 2.0 is once again showing his merit.  How many times have soldiers left their families to volunteer for addition tours of duties overseas?  How many police officers, firefighters, first responders etc leave their families to serve and protect on a daily basis.  Quite a few police officers and firefighters that survived 9/11 stayed on the job and once again risked their lives to search for other survivors. 

Now I know where Abby gets being a dumb shit from. It’s her mother. What part of making a promise to Abby to come alone does Ashley not understand. Selfish Abby is going to run the risk of outing Chance 2.0 putting them all in danger. Is Abby, selfishly going to make the decision of coming home, for Chance 2.0, thinking that he’s not going to resent Abby for her actions. You see Abby doesn’t care about Chance 2.0’s feelings as she did about Mariah’s feelings. 

Jill gets right to the point. That’s her best attribute.  Calling Nostrils the Weasel out and not accepting his lame ask excuse. 

Please stop with Olive’s wisps of hair in her face. It’s very annoyingly distracting.  Once and for all we find out that Olive has bigger balls than Ashland. Ashland might be the Lock Ness Mobster but Olive is the Grimm Reaper.  You notice that Olive acted as Ashland’s lawyer in answering Adam’s questions. 

Why-o-why did Nostrils the Weasel have to go to the Grand Albatross for a drink instead of Society. Was that for TIIC to grace us with an additional scene with Rodan the Petty. Aren’t they torturing us enough today with Abby’s scenes?  

There is something not right with Olive saying she’s not trying to protect Nostrils the Weasel.  How many times did Olive look back at Nostrils the Weasel as she left Society.  Olive had a look of concern, for Nostrils the Weasel, on her face.  

• Love 13

Jill coming in hot! Oooh, you're in big trouble, William. 🥳

I don't fault Billy for not knowing Jack and Ashley had gone to Spain to look for Abby. The Abbotts are doing this weird thing where they deliberately don't tell each other about important activities concerning family members. They have to find out from outsiders after half the town is already clued in.

So Ashland is doubling down on playing both sides against the middle with the Newmans. He's either brave or stupid or the biggest mastermind ever.

Whenever Abby mentions Chance needing to come home for his son, nuChance just gives her a vacant stare and then changes the subject. Sounds like Chance is not feeling fatherly obligation toward Tater. Hmm. 🤔

Oh, Victoria, you will likely regret double-crossing Adam and embarrassing him in front of Daddy Victor. And all Ashland has to do is sit back and let it happen. Then he can assume sole control of Newman-Locke while you and Adam are publicly taking turns stepping on each other's throat. 😈

Ehh, I just don't get Billy and Phyllis being remotely friendly after what he did to Summer.

Yeesh, Abby, you've already put your husband's life in jeopardy. Jack and Ashley are easily tracked via the jet if someone's keeping an eye on you and your family because of your connection to nuChance. Bubblehead. 🙄

Oy, Jill must really want to punish Billy if she's offering control of CI to his girlfriend/life partner. He already went through a similar situation when Phyllis took over Jabot. His ego might not be able to take it, watching Lily get to run his mother's mega-company while he gets bupkis. 🤡

• Love 9

Oh, Victoria, you will likely regret double-crossing Adam and embarrassing him in front of Daddy Victor. And all Ashland has to do is sit back and let it happen. Then he can assume sole control of Newman-Locke while you and Adam are publicly taking turns stepping on each other's throat. 😈

I think Victoria is going to go round the bend and Ashland is going to have to put her in Happy Dale "for her own good". When does the gaslighting start? because I can see it as sure as i can see Buttbiscuit's proboscis from here.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Oh Abby and her nasally whining going on and on and on laying guilt on Chance! Everything is about her and her happiness.  She is so selfish.  Sick to death of her and the baby storyline and the Chance on a “mission!”  

Is this show now the Phyllis hour?!  Every.Single.Episode.there is her slinking around somewhere flashing her blue veneers.  Why is she getting so much airtime!?

• Love 16

Abby really is dumb as a box of rocks isn’t she? What part of “they need to think I’m dead” is difficult to understand? If Chance goes home sounds like these people will have him killed pronto. 
He goes for a nap and now half a dozen people know he’s in Mallorca 👀

Maybe we will get lucky and Chance, Abby and Sausage will all go into Witness Protection far away from Genoa City. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

Oh Abby and her nasally whining going on and on and on laying guilt on Chance! Everything is about her and her happiness.  She is so selfish.  Sick to death of her and the baby storyline and the Chance on a “mission!”  

What? There's nothing a man loves more than nasally whining!

• LOL 11