Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I’m sorry to say this, but Abby, go fuck yourself. Mariah is good enough to agree to be your “incubator” but she’s not good enough to take care of Bowie?  

Mariah was a terrible choice as surrogate and milk producer. And that has proved out by her untreated PTSD from the kidnapping and continued hormonally-induced hyper-monitoring of Bowie. Everything is a threat to Bowie even when he's surrounded by family according to Mariah.

Maria actually thinks she's Bowie's mother in spite of the fact he's not biologically tied to her. This is not to discount the intense bond women have during and after pregnancy, but after the kidnapping , Mariah should have gone into therapy with anyone not Sharon's Concierge Counseling Service. She should have been allowed to have her breasts dry off, and Abby go to a La Leche League mother's milk dispensary. 

The main issue with Mariah returning to the Chancellor Mansion to care for Bowie is that she's publicly demonstrated her mental fragility and is not capable of emotionally separating herself from him. Continued long-term contact with Bowie will end in tears and further heartache for Mariah. It will tear her relationship apart with Tessa as her depression and Bowie-obsession comes to a head. 

There are plenty of other people to take care of him like Devon for instance.

Devon isn't a good candidate either. He hides his fixation on Bowie, handing out friendly sermons, but is determined to get his paternal way on what is best for the ham log.

Darvon is as obsessed with Bowie as Mariah, but isn't seen as emotionally fragile or threatening to Team Baby and Abby's family.

Abby, you’re self center in being ignorant about Mariah’s feelings.  Nina also doesn’t want Mariah to take care of Bowie because of her attachment to Bowie but Nina ignore Devon’s strong attachment to Bowie. Devon is a little more stealthy about it.

Abby is emotionally all over the place; she went from determined to race off to Spain to find Chance to weeping acceptance that he's dead. She's a mess and should be allowed to mourn Chance and that her Happy Family dream is a shambles.

Darvon needs to keep his expectations for Abby to himself and shut the fuck up. His exploits mourning Hillary 1.0 was months of epic chaos and he has nothing to offer Abby except silence and bus his own dishes.

Darvon is spinning some idea in his shaved head to remove Bowie from Abby, even though he signed a contract (drawn up by Hillary 2.0) declining all parental rights and obligations to the product of his sperm donation.

He's concerned about Abby's ability to care for Bowie. Bowie is Darvon's only focus of concern. There are plenty of people to care for Bowie (Nina, Ashley, Invisible Nanny) while Abby pulls herself together. Taking Bowie away will destroy Abby, and start a war with Victor, the Newman's and Abbott's that everyone will regret.

I believe by not giving Mariah the ability to take care of Bowie would be more harmful to her psyche.  

Mariah is still suffering from PTSD and separation anxiety from Bowie. She needs therapy, perhaps medication. It would be unconscionable to allow Mariah to continue her Baby Rabies obsession by using Bowie as an emotional panacea to fix what ails her.

Allowing Maria more than supervised walks in the park with Bowie won't allow her to return to any kind of normal. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
27 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Mariah was a terrible choice as surrogate and milk producer. And that has proved out by her untreated PTSD from the kidnapping and continued hormonally-induced hyper-monitoring of Bowie. Everything is a threat to Bowie even when he's surrounded by family according to Mariah.

Maria actually thinks she's Bowie's mother in spite of the fact he's not biologically tied to her. This is not to discount the intense bond women have during and after pregnancy, but after the kidnapping , Mariah should have gone into therapy with anyone not Sharon's Concierge Counseling Service. She should have been allowed to have her breasts dry off, and Abby go to a La Leche League mother's milk dispensary. 

The main issue with Mariah returning to the Chancellor Mansion to care for Bowie is that she's publicly demonstrated her mental fragility and is not capable of emotionally separating herself from him. Continued long-term contact with Bowie will end in tears and further heartache for Mariah. It will tear her relationship apart with Tessa as her depression and Bowie-obsession comes to a head. 

Devon isn't a good candidate either. He hides his fixation on Bowie, handing out friendly sermons, but is determined to get his paternal way on what is best for the ham log.

Darvon is as obsessed with Bowie as Mariah, but isn't seen as emotionally fragile or threatening to Team Baby and Abby's family.

Abby is emotionally all over the place; she went from determined to race off to Spain to find Chance to weeping acceptance that he's dead. She's a mess and should be allowed to mourn Chance and that her Happy Family dream is a shambles.

Darvon needs to keep his expectations for Abby to himself and shut the fuck up. His exploits mourning Hillary 1.0 was months of epic chaos and he has nothing to offer Abby except silence and bus his own dishes.

Darvon is spinning some idea in his shaved head to remove Bowie from Abby, even though he signed a contract (drawn up by Hillary 2.0) declining all parental rights and obligations to the product of his sperm donation.

He's concerned about Abby's ability to care for Bowie. Bowie is Darvon's only focus of concern. There are plenty of people to care for Bowie (Nina, Ashley, Invisible Nanny) while Abby pulls herself together. Taking Bowie away will destroy Abby, and start a war with Victor, the Newman's and Abbott's that everyone will regret.

Mariah is still suffering from PTSD and separation anxiety from Bowie. She needs therapy, perhaps medication. It would be unconscionable to allow Mariah to continue her Baby Rabies obsession by using Bowie as an emotional panacea to fix what ails her.

Allowing Maria more than supervised walks in the park with Bowie won't allow her to return to any kind of normal. 

Well said, Cupid Stunt.  Love Mariah, HATE the storyline.  

Abby is off her head with grief and Mariah is understandably fragile with all she's been through.  What's not understandable is virtually everyone astonished and distressed that Abby hasn't already dried her tears, put Chance's stuff in the attic and started dating.  The milk in her refrigerator apparently has a longer shelf life than they'll allow for her grief.

Equally appalling is how everyone other than Tessa seen to have shrugged their shoulders at what Mariah went through and how unable she is to process and recover from it.  Their dependance on wish fulfillment in astonishing.  Mariah's physical wounds were swiftly dealt with by professionals but Mariah's mental well-being is left up to herself?   Sure, they can't force her, but they could do their best to get her to face it.

Devon needs a hobby other than going around town and dispensing vacuous bromides that don't come up to the level of fortune cookie wisdom when actually listened to.  He's every bit as over-invested in Lil' Ham Roll as Mariah is, he just covers it better.

If I never hear anything about how all this is affecting Lil' Ham Roll it'll be too soon.  Give the kid a diaper and clean nappy and he'll be just fine - even better if someone ever unwraps him.

The kid isn't a consolation prize for Devon losing Hilary and her baby and neither is he a bromide for what Mariah suffered.  He's Abby's kid and that's it.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21

Well, it looks like Devon has just bought his ticket to sit next to Mariah on the Crazy Train.

Even though he has the biological tie that Mariah doesn't, legally he is no more that baby's father than Mariah is his mother. Devon just gets away with his intrusiveness for now because he's the only "father figure" on the scene. Nobody's going to let Mariah play Mommy when Abby is right there. 

It will be interesting to see how the 2 Dads scenario plays out when Chance returns. He's had nothing to do with the planning, conception, nurturing, or birth of his son, while Devon was a part of all those things. What if Chance is the one who has trouble bonding? Hmm...

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, TVForever said:

It will be interesting to see how the 2 Dads scenario plays out when Chance returns. He's had nothing to do with the planning, conception, nurturing, or birth of his son, while Devon was a part of all those things. What if Chance is the one who has trouble bonding? Hmm...

What if Darvon won't let go of Bowie? Hmm...

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Why do Victoria and Ashland need to go to Peru, when the finest medical minds are right here in the USofA?  Why not consult with Dr. Joe Rogan ?

-- I think Ashland is running some kind of scam { if this  has been discussed already}  And towel baby  is getting my nerves. Can't they even afford a plastic doll and show an arm or leg every now and then?

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

In regards to Ashland, I wonder if they've changed horses midstream, again. Maybe he was originally going to be short term and pass away? Maybe they decided to keep him so now they've had to cobble together some new story? I'm sure things are different from the original way the story was intended considering the way they dumped Tararaboomdiyay and shipped off little Hasenpfeffer with nobody's favorite couple.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

When Rodan the Petty is the first thing you see, you know it’s going to be a terrible day. 

I don’t know if TIIC know anything about testimony but in Amanda recapping her testimony it sounded to me like speculation and the defense attorney should have objected. 

Abby finally got it through her thick skull that going to Spain was a bad idea. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe this Abby mourning Chance has gotten more airtime than Devon morning Neil or Hilary at the time of their deaths. 

If Rodan the Petty is arguing with Sally at a one, than why did her voice shatter the water glasses on my den end table 😂

Can someone please tell me why the two people, Rodan the Petty and Nostrils the Weasel are the never changing vindictive ass holes get a pass while Adam, who has actually changed for the better is still the town pariah.  Jack and Lily are blinded to their continuing indiscretions because they are “in love”. 

Talk about being given a break. Why is it ok for Devon to obsess over Bowie but not for Mariah?  As I said before, Devon is more stealthy about his obsession than Mariah. I got news for Devon, Bowie cries for all sorts of reasons not just because Abby in crying.  Are TIIC trying to prove a point by when Abby starts crying in the park, Bowie starts crying also?  Go figure. 

Will wonders never cease?  Bowie is actually going to get his diaper changed. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Jack said Phyllis exercised his brain. And now he needs to be exorcised of the steaming load of guano Phyllis filled his head with. 👹

Guess Devon is the unofficial gatekeeper at the Chancellor estate. Must be nice to be a billionaire and have nothing else important to do. 🙄

So we're not going to see the big murder trial, we're just going to get Michael and Amanda's recaps of it? Ehhh. It's not as if we haven't heard Amanda say her basic dialogue about Sutton  dozens of times already. What a weird way to present a storyline, IMO. Why should anyone care?

Sally. Let. It. Go. For the love of all things not Phyllis, leave Jack and the Red Menace to do their warped emotional tango. You can't stop them. 😐

Uh oh, Devon's making a case to take Tater. Get in line, sir, because Mariah's already called dibs. Meanwhile, youse two know who Abby's father is, right? It ain't gonna happen, yougotthat? 🤨

Jack and Phyllis were in a momentary clinch in Phyllis' room in Tuscany, and Sally snapped a photo of them from outside the wide-open door. But the pic has lost its blackmail power since Nick and Phyllis have broken up. Meh, Sally, no. You're just going to look stupid and desperate.

Hey, Tater likes his Uncle Nick! Maybe he could go bunk with his cousin Christian for a while. 🥳

Phyllis said she's not a saint. UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE MILLENNIUM. Funny how she didn't mention to Amanda the time she cheated on Jack with his brother. Jack is not her friend, he's her all day, every day sucker. 🍭🍭

What if Chance is the one who has trouble bonding? Hmm...

This is what I'm expecting. In fact, I think that likely was the plan before TPTB dumped the previous Chance.

• Love 15

So I barely paid attention to today’s show, but I have a question..how did Dominic’s stroller get back into the house before Nick and Abby walked in? They were in the park with the baby and Nick was wheeling the stroller. Then they walked in the house with the baby in her arms and no stroller. When Nick walked into the living room to see Devon, the stroller was in the foyer. 

• Useful 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

So I barely paid attention to today’s show, but I have a question..how did Dominic’s stroller get back into the house before Nick and Abby walked in? They were in the park with the baby and Nick was wheeling the stroller. Then they walked in the house with the baby in her arms and no stroller. When Nick walked into the living room to see Devon, the stroller was in the foyer. 

Maybe they are rich enough to afford an indoor stroller and an outdoor one!!

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

No doubt lol! But did they just leave the outdoor stroller in the park? Or did Abby give it away on the Genoa City Buy Nothing Facebook page? 🤣

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

So this show cannot even afford to have a real trial for Sutton? Not that we care at all because we never bought into this story line anyway but we’ve been desperate from some kind of excitement or mystery or…….something to interest us. I’m so over Phyllis that I hope she gets sent into a mental hospital for some serious therapy. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

Since when did Y&R merge with the Law & Crime channel?  I don’t give a rat’s ass about Amanda’s grandpa, and I don’t need a recap of her testimony. 

I was fully prepared for Abby to dress Tater in a black blanket and hat.  And it still bugs the heck out of me that the poor kid is as stiff as a board. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Every time Abby goes to the park I expect Chance to jump out of the bushes like a jack in the box and yell, "Surprise!".

Me too. If the show had hired a nuChance to play flashbacks of dead Chance, we would have seen some by now. So nuChance will pop out of a bush sometime after hiding out to avoid the attack and laying low for a while afterwards.  If Jessie could get out of Italy and back to GC without a passport, the international man of mystery should have no problem either.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

So today was basically about how to take a baby away from a grieving mother.  The mob will be led by the sperm donor.  What can go wrong when you've got Nick backing you up because he didn't have fun at the park?   If they try to snatch Abby's baby brisket, I hope Victor annihilates them.

Jack had the shortest workout in recorded history.  I guess he considers an elevator ride good cardio. (Looks like we have the same workout routine.  For longer workouts I ride all the way to the top AND back down again!)

Phyllis left a lot out in recounting to Amanda of her history with Jack.  Mainly that she cheated on him, after Nick, with Jack's brother.  Yeah, they're star crossed lovers for sure.🙄

I ff'd all the Sutton stuff. 

Edited by boes
  • LOL 7
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Hey, Tater likes his Uncle Nick! Maybe he could go bunk with his cousin Christian for a while. 🥳

Plot twist- since Nick is "a great father", Abby decides that he is the best option to take care of Dominic while she goes off to Spain to find Chance. While she's gone, Nick bonds with Dominic because he's "a great father". After a week in Spain, Abby finds Chance and the newly reunited couple return to Genoa City, but to their surprise Nick has now been granted full custody if Dominic. How, you say? Well, Nina, Ashley, Nikki, Devon and even Mariah all testify to a judge that Nick is "a great father" and should raise Dominic because Abby "abandoned him" when she went off to Spain for a week. (Also Victor paid off a judge to grant Nick custody. He'll bring this up at a later date when he needs to get back into Nick's good graces when he eventually dumps Adam again.) At first, Abby and Chance are shocked, confused and hurt, but because Nick is "a great father" they decide that Dominic belongs with him and promise to visit him as often as possible. Everyone is pleased, including Mariah. Nick is now 2 for 2 when it comes to stealing his nephews to raise as his own. Yay!

Josh Griffith would do this, you know he would. 

Edited by ezzylin
  • LOL 14

What a dumb scene at the park, where Abby didn't pay attention to the baby.  And Dominic was crying, too.

Ok so Devon pretty much gave away the game today- he's got baby rabies too.   Maybe not yet to the level of Mariah encouraging Abby to go get killed in Spain, but nonetheless. These two realize that being part of the "team" was just a fun slogan, right?  You don't actually get to take the kid away from his mother- who is annoying the hell out of me, but still- because she's processing grief? 

Is this whole thing about negative vibes affecting an infant an actual thing? It's Abby crying,  not an abusive household or anything close to that.  I wouldn't know and thought to ask, but I suspect it's Rev. Devon and Mariah's ready made excuse more than anything.  

Congrats, they've officially taken all enjoyment out of watching scenes with Jack.  It's not PB's fault, but I cringe when he comes on at this point.  As much as Phyllis is a slag heap and he should stay far away, this whole thing would be much better if he just had some healthy attitude and respect for *himself*.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21

^I thought the same thing about Jack today.  The CEO of a major company has no life of his own.  Everything revolves around consoling Phyllis.  It's bizarre.  This show is so frustratingly boring and repetitive lately.   

• Love 18

Josh Griffith would do this, you know he would. 

Of course he would. I can see the whole scenario happening. Ugh.

If they try to snatch Abby's baby brisket, I hope Victor annihilates them.

Right? This entire storyline has been FUBAR from the very beginning. Everyone knew it was a going to be a disaster. And everyone knows Victor won't sit still for Devon or Mariah or anyone else not a Newman trying to take a Newman baby.

I might could deal with it if the writers made it clear this was meant to be a cautionary tale of why you don't use your BFF as a sperm donor or a woman who's never had her own child as your surrogate. Legal and social boundaries exist for a reason and even if you're Abby you don't just get to ignore them. With the return of Chance the writers have the opportunity to straighten this mess out but who knows if they'll take it.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12

Whoa, Billy is acting almost manic. Wonder if Lily can recognize the behavior?

Sounds like Lily's going to be working for Newman Media after this Gaines stuff blows up. Adam and Victor dropped more anvils today. Wonder what that will mean for her relationship with Billy?

Tater is not liking Abby one bit right now. At this point for her to keep holding him while he's screaming seems like emotional abuse to me. Whatever, there are already spumors starting in the soap forum world that he's not actually her child due to a mix-up at the place where her eggs were stored. Whee!

Jill's probably going to blow into GC like a bomb cyclone. Can't wait.

Oh noes, is this the start of a pill addiction story for Abby? Countdown to when she's buying meth in the alley behind Society.

Gaines is working Billy like a simple tool. Of course Billy won't want to risk having his big story scooped if Gaines blabs to another reporter. His biggest vulnerability is his ego.

Sure, Devon should suggest to Ashley that he take Tater for a while. 🙄 please, that idea will sink faster than the Titanic. Maybe Lily shouldn't be giving advice either.

Hyped up Billy thinks he's playing 3-D chess while Adam and Victor are surfing the space-time continuum. Inception!

Ashley, it shouldn't be an innocent baby's responsibility to heal his mother's grief. I'm thinking that was not the argument you wanted to use.

Okay, is Sally going to blackmail Adam or use what she overheard to leverage the Abbotts via Billy? Hey, why not both?!! Up that ante, girl. You've got nothing to lose but another city to be banned from. 😏

• Love 11

Nostrils the Weasel continues to think he’s hot shit while he’s nothing more than a Hershey Squirt. Go ahead and think that Adam’s thinking is one level below you and Adam hasn’t said anything to Victor. Lily why in the world would Victor send Olive to stop him. Victor would definitely confront Nostrils the Weasel in person. Why does Nostrils the Weasel keep bringing up lawsuits when the statute of limitations ran out decades ago.  Jesse the Rat should have revealed the fraudulent letter years ago in order for the lawsuits to be valid. 

Why would Nostrils the Weasel not think that Victor didn’t place a tail on him to find Jesse the Rat unless Victor already knows where he is. How can Nostrils the Weasel defend his position because anything he does implicates Ashland and in turn  effects Olive?  Does Nostrils the Weasel think that lawsuits will not cause Ashland stress?  

Can TIIC please spend a few bucks and get a lifelike doll to represent Bowie. Are they balking because the lifelike doll would be a better actor than Abby?  It certainly would be a better actor than Sharon. 

Lily, are you spending so much time on Nostrils the Weasel’s bull shit plan that you are missing the real news. Lily didn’t know about Chance and the building being blown up when it was not real news and just tabloid fodder. 

Devon Devon Devon, Mariah isn’t “sound” enough to take care of Bowie but you are?  Wrapped up like a sausage, Bowie is aware of only a few things. He’s being held, his tightly wrapped blanket, his crib, his stroller, his hunger , and his  wet diaper. I’m quite sure Bowie isn’t reacting to a stressful situation. Hold on Devon, you may not need Abby’s permission to take Bowie because I get the feeling that Abby is going to be hooked on medication. 

Did Nostrils the Weasel capitulate his plan or just elevate it by using Jesse the Rat who I still believe is working with Victor and Adam.  Nostrils the Weasel is the one who said he was thinking at a higher level but it turns out to be Adam and Victor who has Nostrils the Weasel pissing himself. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I can’t believe Devon is legit trying to steal Abby’s baby. And even if she becomes a raging pill head, there’s plenty of Newmans or Abbotts to take care of their own. Eff you, Devon.

Fashion Police:

Adam’s suit makes him look like he has a giant ass.

Billy’s weird purple coat was stolen from the Joker’s closet

• Useful 2
  • LOL 15
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Goodnight said:

Fashion Police:

Sally’s dress could use a couple more yards of fabric.

Sharon’s face could use a rest from all the fillers. It doesn’t even move! And her dress needs s pin to keep it closed.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Is this whole thing about negative vibes affecting an infant an actual thing?

And they live in a huge mausoleum, so there is plenty of room to distance the swaddled sausage from the bad vibes. It is high time for Dominic to go to his room for several years, then off to boarding school like his cousins.

• LOL 9
  • Love 10

Someone has lost the plot here. Abby is RICH. Her father is RICH. Somewhere in the world there are compassionate care givers with experience in this situation to care for Abby and the towel loaf with a cap. I know, because I have worked in this capacity. While one of the parents is actively dying, in their home, their spouse is emotionally incapacitated, and their child(ren) need loving care. It is also my experience that the truly Uber wealthy (and their friends) know who the go-to person or their agency is. I'm talking about working for people who have their names on products you use every day. So Victor and Ashley need to make said arrangements. These other busybodies need to go home and shut their pieholes.

Edited by Julyolo
Clarification
  • Useful 4
  • Love 15
32 minutes ago, Goodnight said:

I can’t believe Devon is legit trying to steal Abby’s baby. And even if she becomes a raging pill head, there’s plenty of Newmans or Abbotts to take care of their own. Eff you, Devon.

Fashion Police:

I kind of get Darvon's feeling of propriety, the baby is his biological child. And I get Mariah too, you get really really attached to that life inside you. If anyone. Abby is less bonded to Lil Honey Baked Ham than they are. Sorry if this is UO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I've gone from mostly liking Devon to wishing Hilary hadn't died and he was having to live his entire life with her.  THAT'S how much I can't stand him right now.

There's not a chance in hell that Devon would be wanting to "rescue" that kid from all that "negative energy" if he wasn't partially created from his bits and pieces.  From what he said today, pretty much all he wants to do, anyway, is set up a nursery at his penthouse and hire people to spend their time babysitting and basting the Lil Ham Roll.  He's not going to get his hands dirty.  As for Abby's limited ability to care for the baby right now, it's been ONE DAY and ONE NIGHT as best I can make out since Chance even died.  Abby wouldn't  have even had time to cancel Chance's cable bill yet, much less process her grief.

As Julyolo has said in her post, Abby's kid is uniquely well placed to get through this.

BTW, if they want to get the kid to sleep, rub some brandy on his gums like my grandma did when kids were teething.  She didn't ad tonic water until we were at least in kindergarten.  Kids SLEPT at her house!

For all of his low-talking bullshit, Devon is making this all about biology - specifically his - and that's an insult to every non-bio parent whose ever raised and/or loved a child.  Including Dru and Neil.  If Devon does this, then he's nothing but a lying, two-faced hypocritcal Tucker.  

Devon, Ashley may be smiling benevolently across the table at you now, but if you try to steal her daughter's kids, she'll show her fangs, and better men than you have disappeared into mincemeat.

If Devon simply HAS to take care of an infant, may I suggest he see if he can get custody of ButtBiscuit?  It looks to me like he's going to need to be changed sooner rather than later, and there's nobody within a hundred miles of Genoa City who is more gassy than he is.

I don't have a clue what Adam and Victor have planned for him, but I'm loving his panic.  Too bad he can't set sail on Jaboat right now.

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
On 11/10/2021 at 9:50 PM, deirdra said:

If Jessie could get out of Italy and back to GC without a passport

I believe Grampire whisked him away on the Newman Jet. And ya don't need a passport for that.

1 hour ago, Goodnight said:

Maybe. It did inspire Jesse the Rat to utter the phrase, "riddle me this".

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
On 11/10/2021 at 7:01 PM, Foghorn Leghorn said:

The absent-in-action nanny was lurking in the park, and went home first with it because she had nothing else to do. It's not the first time we haven't seen her do something.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, boes said:

I've gone from mostly liking Devon to wishing Hilary hadn't died and he was having to live his entire life with her.  THAT'S how much I can't stand him right now.

They were a ghastly couple, and Darvon deserved being scalded by the tongue-lashings Hillary 1.0 spat at him. He was her doormat until he finally crawled away, to realize he couldn't live without being used as a whipping boy for her neurotic insecurities. 

Darvon taking a poll by the very people that would support his actions to take Bowie from Abby was revealing. By painting the Chancellor Mansion as a snake pit of mourning, and without pursuing a negative vote, Darvon thought certain that his mission to claim Bowie was just, even though he knew he had no legal grounds to remove Bowie from Abby or her family. Ashley firmly and politely told him Hell No, and put him in his place. Immediately after their conversation, Ashley should have called Victor to rally round his troops to shutdown any further action by Darvon.

If there's any one thing that should happen to change Bowie's environment, is to hire the invisible nanny on a full-time basis as the one person not emotionally tied to Chance Go Boom! and totally devoted to caring for Bowie, and stop having Bowie try to nap or be on display in the living room; people coming and going through the front door, activity from the kitchen, phone calls, dramatic conversations, Abby not getting rest in her own room are all are contributing to Bowie being restive and off-schedule. 

7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I kind of get Darvon's feeling of propriety, the baby is his biological child. And I get Mariah too, you get really really attached to that life inside you. If anyone. Abby is less bonded to Lil Honey Baked Ham than they are. Sorry if this is UO.

I tend to agree with this ^ because much of Darvon/Mariah's obsession is of Abby's own doing. By making Bowie a Team Baby Rabies product, Abby made everyone on the Team a shareholder in Bowie, though Darvon and Mariah alone signed contracts declining all rights and responsibilities. 

When Abby's expectations for her self-styled Happy Family didn't go as planned (Hoodwinked by Stitch, kidnapping, Mariah in emotional/hormonal freefall, Darvon hovering over Bowie, Chance Go Boom!). Caring for a newborn became something else that also didn't go as planned, and others took up the hard work of childcare. Abby's response to everything associated to Bowie has been emotional and reactive. I expect Abby to be all over the place emotionally a few days after the news of Chance Go Boom!, but Darvon needs to take several steps back. I'm disgusted with Darvon treating Bowie like a borrowed casserole dish.

Darvon will never possess Bowie, if Abby, Victor and Ashley have anything to say about it. If he wants to replicate the baby he lost with Hillary 1.0, he's living with her twin sister. Knock her up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Well, that was a clever switch.  Have CC be the "source" for the Ashland story without Silly actually doing anything.   Hoist by their own petard.  And who knows what kind of "document" Jesse gave ButtB.  And right after Silly owned up to Det. Rey Rey!  And now Ashland can sue Chance Com!!  Just hope Sally doesn't ruin it.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I think it’s time for Dominic to be upgraded from a 5lb bag of flour to a 10lb bag. Surely he’s grown a little bit by now!

Looks like they did that today. Nina definitely had some larger groceries in that blanket when she picked it up to take it for a bath.

• LOL 13

Devon now finds himself a member of the Dumb As Shit Boys Club with Nostrils the Weasel and Banana Breath the Gorilla.  

The truth be told that it is Mariah who had the real true connection to Bowie. Mariah carried Bowie for “nine” months and felt the pain of child birth.  Even though Mariah is not biologically Bowie’s mother, Mariah is emotionally Bowie’s mother.  Would have Mariah’s emotions be the same without being kidnapped?  Only TIIC would know. Devon’s only real attachment, to Bowie, is his swimmers with we’re not delivered in the normal tradition manner. Devon’s emotional attachment, IMHO is more from the loss of his baby when Hillary died.  

Why is Rey sticking his chin into Nostrils the Weasel’s business?  I guess he wants in on the action to bring down Adam.  Civil suits civil suits, I’m sick and tired hearing about civil suits. Rey, this is thousands of miles out of your jurisdiction. Your not federal your just a lowly GC gum shoe. 

For the first time I’m not on Sally’s side. I think she actually screwed the pooch by questioning Adam about Nostrils the Weasel. Sally seems that she had no faith in Adam.  

Coming attractions are interesting but I will wait until next week to comment. 

• Love 9

For the first time I’m not on Sally’s side. I think she actually screwed the pooch by questioning Adam about Nostrils the Weasel. Sally seems that she had no faith in Adam.  

Really. She came off desperate and overly invested in something that's none of her damn business. Stay in your lane, Employee and do what you were hired to do.

• Love 13

I was wondering when Adam was going to get sick and tired of people just barging into his office without knocking. Of course, people do the same to Victoria. I’d lock those doors for sure. Also the collective important office of B&B that everyone shares. Good grief.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I was wondering when Adam was going to get sick and tired of people just barging into his office without knocking. Of course, people do the same to Victoria. I’d lock those doors for sure. Also the collective important office of B&B that everyone shares. Good grief.

I always wondered the same thing about Victor's office. High powered titans of industry have layers and layers of security to get through before you ever even see their receptionist.

• Love 12

I caught the last 10 minutes or so and don't understand what I watched.  Who leaked the story? Adam? 

I am sorry, but at this point I cannot stand Sally.  Her clothes, makeup, (she is a beautiful young woman), styling, and the fact that she has the shoulders of a linebacker- that the wardrobe department seems to want to keep accentuating.  She could be a fave but the writing for her and her habit of chewing the scenery are off-putting.  I think a surprise pairing of Lily and Adam could work.  Number One - Billy would be crushed. It would have the added bonus of putting Sharon's entitled, phoning-it-in performance on notice.  Being partners in real life with your costar does not mean you can walk through your scenes like a zombie. .  At best.  I still don't know who leaked the Ashland story and why.

Watching, every day, the majority of the show being taken up with Abby And Friends is soul-crushing for a viewer.  It is seemingly on everyday for the better part of an hour.  Isn't this Network Sweeps month?  How's that working out?  Does anyone care in the least about Amanda's family?  Or Amanda at this point.  And that is too bad because I like the actress. She and Devon seem like buddies/roommates living together.  Devon is a dud.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Watching, every day, the majority of the show being taken up with Abby And Friends is soul-crushing for a viewer.  It is seemingly on everyday for the better part of an hour.  Isn't this Network Sweeps month?  How's that working out?  Does anyone care in the least about Amanda's family?  Or Amanda at this point.  And that is too bad because I like the actress. She and Devon seem like buddies/roommates living together.  Devon is a dud.

They're breaking the Number One rule of soaps. Be outrageous, be silly, have ridiculous plot lines but never, ever be boring. The whole Devon, Abby and as much as I hate to say it Mariah, cartel is boring as shit. Soul crushing is the perfect description.

• Love 15

Heh, Lily actually reminded someone that the space they were standing in was her office. Seems like everyone treats it like a public square.

Wow, Devon plans take on Victor, Nina, and Ashley all at once? I'm scared for him. Wonder which grandparent will tell him in no uncertain words to back up and put it in park wrt Tater?

Of course Tater wants a bath, Nina! It's his one chance to breathe without 973 layers of swaddling suffocating him. 🥵

Moses? Who is this Moses person of whom Devon spoke?

Okay, it must've been Prop Amanda Day. That was quite a tongue bath Naya gave her. 😒

So now Abby is going to dump Tater on Devon. Geez, Devon might not be set up to take care of an infant. And Amanda might not want to deal with baby stuff. That poor child is like a hot potato in a game of Hot Potato.

Wait, what? How does it benefit Newman Media for ChancComm's Ashland expose to have been published? They must know the Gaines letter is fake, can prove it, and are about to sue CC into oblivion for libel. Interesting plot twist.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Why is Rey sticking his chin into Nostrils the Weasel’s business? 

Shouldn't Rey Rey be looking for Stench the Mariah-napper? Or are we supposed to forget all about him? Because they sure did.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12