Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

And acting like she gave a shit about Abby and Chance.

Rodan the Petty is full of shit a could actually give one except for the fact  Rodan the Petty has Constipation of The Soul.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I have to admit, very painfully, that today was the type of acting MS is good at.  Expressive, emotional, but not utterly hysterical and into herself.  

Which means we'll probably never see it again, and she'll be flapping her arms half clothed tomorrow, but credit where it's due for now.  

JNavarro: agreed. Funnily enough about 10 years ago exactly--when she broke up with Nick--I remember thinking the same thing. When MS wants to/needs to/is reigned in? she can bring it.

I still wish there would one day be a Phyllis and Christine team up to take down Victor plot. He's getting to that point where people forget his dark side.....we need a plot where those two go after him.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

I’ve been meaning to ask this question for forever but why did Phyllis do that “caw, caw” thing flapping her arms up in the air when she was at Victoria’s hotel? That was so bizarre that it took my breath away. Thanks!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 11/6/2021 at 1:55 PM, SweePea59 said:

On Demand in my area was out yesterday. I wasn't sure if there was an episode or not. I don't think I'll watch it. There weren't any intriguing comments here. Now B&B, that's another story. I'm going to try to watch that now.

On 11/6/2021 at 3:28 PM, boes said:

It really was a whole lot of nothing.

It was a waste of time, especially having to sit through all of the long boring "open enrollment" commercials.  This writer really does not understand the concept of the Friday cliffhanger at all.

B&B, on the other hand....definitely worth checking out, especially if you like Deacon!

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I’ve been meaning to ask this question for forever but why did Phyllis do that “caw, caw” thing flapping her arms up in the air when she was at Victoria’s hotel? That was so bizarre that it took my breath away. Thanks!

It's her mating call.  She had "needs".....

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

It was a waste of time, especially having to sit through all of the long boring "open enrollment" commercials.  This writer really does not understand the concept of the Friday cliffhanger at all.

Y&R has been relying on that worn-out canard for so long, and it makes no sense in the interweb age where Spoilers are telegraphed daily and Canadian programming recaps exist.

B&B, on the other hand....definitely worth checking out, especially if you like Deacon!

I've always enjoyed Sean Kanan as Deacon, with the exception of the Dumpster Boink with Phyllis. But I can't put up with another reincarnation of Sheila Carter. Kimberlin Brown's scenery-chewing makes me want to use a sock full of batteries against her One For All, and All For Me noggin.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Gam2 said:

5 hours ago, boes said:

It's her mating call.  She had "needs".....

And we have indigestion.

• LOL 18
20 hours ago, JasonCC said:

I still wish there would one day be a Phyllis and Christine team up to take down Victor plot. He's getting to that point where people forget his dark side.....we need a plot where those two go after him.

That would be interesting. And the timing is perfect since it seems that Ashland is being set up as his replacement.

18 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I was so happy to see Joe Namath and his open enrollment commercial this year. It was like seeing an old friend, lol. And now they got Shatner in on it, too!

18 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I do!!! I still wish that there had been more of a Nikki and Deacon story here, but I know that ship sailed.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I can't stand sanctimonious, snobby, imperial, looking-down-her-nose, tackily dressed Nicki. I never thought I would type this but I feel kind of sorry for Adam - isn't Victor the one who is driving this? Mostly?  As bad as Nicki's clothes are, Mariah's are almost as bad.  Terrible fit and colors.  And the Chance, Abby, Mariah, Devon, drama seemingly will never end.  

• Love 17

The theme of the day seems to be who can top who as being the dumbest of the dumb shits.  Check that, the theme of the past few months. 

Come on people, can Abby be that stupidly dense?  That’s a rhetorical question. Of course she can. Flying to Spain and poking your nose into what happened is a recipe for disaster. What part of blowing up a building full of government agents would lead you to believe that you are safe from meeting the same fate?  Yes Abby, go to Spain and poke your nose into official business in you designer shoes and cloths and think that your questions would be answered by the people who have much less than you do. In addition, if Chance is still alive, than you would be putting him more at risk along with yourself.  Devon, Cricket, and Nina just bring up Bowie and how much he needs his mother. Cricket, call the State Department and have Abby’s passport revoked.  Et tu Nina, add her to the list. 

Nikki your outfit today is definitely not a good look for you.  The high waistline makes you look short and frumpy. The blouse is a nice color though. 

No Olive, the fact that Adam/Victor is going after ChanceCom is not really as stress on Ashland as it is on Nostrils the Weasel. Deep down inside, Olive is pro Nostrils the Weasel and makes excuses for him. Nikki is finally being realist blaming his possible demise on Nostrils the Weasel.  

Speaking of frumpy, TIIC must really hate Mariah the way they are making her look lately. 

What is Lily’s malfunction. She has taken on Nostrils the Weasel’s persona by “injection”. Why would Lily think that Olive would take sides with Nostrils the Weasel over her father and her husband?  Lily really has some nerve bringing up DD to Adam when Lily is the one who killed Hillary. Weren’t they both accidents?  In addition, Lily gives Adam crap about not changing for the better but turns a blind eye to Nostrils the Weasel failure to change.  He’s still a gambler and uses corporate funds like it is his own. Lily, I’m waiting for Nostrils the Weasel to buy a yacht. 

Nikki, don’t you think that your diatribe would be more suited for Nostrils the Weasel than Adam or even Victor?  I got news for you Nikki, Nostrils the Weasel is more hell bent on bringing the rain than anyone. How many brain cells did Nikki kill that she couldn’t remember that point. 

Can Nostrils the Weasel be that stupid?  Another rhetorical question. Of course he can. Adam just sits there and smirks at Nostrils the Weasel knowing that he has him by the balls. I can almost guarantee that the letter is the smoking gun to bring down ChanceCom. The letter that Jesse the Rat gave up so easily is a forgery. 

There was a last minute touch of reality when Mariah walked in. If Abby is going to Spain than that means I have to move back in to take care Bowie?   

• Love 13
48 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I can't stand sanctimonious, snobby, imperial, looking-down-her-nose, tackily dressed Nicki. I never thought I would type this but I feel kind of sorry for Adam - isn't Victor the one who is driving this? Mostly?  As bad as Nicki's clothes are, Mariah's are almost as bad.  Terrible fit and colors.  And the Chance, Abby, Mariah, Devon, drama seemingly will never end.  

Excellent description of Nicki.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Newman jet? Shouldn't Abby be using the Chancellor jet? Whatever, she's darn near a billionaire, isn't she? No way should she have to fly commercial when she could lease a jet. Or she could ask Uncle Jack to use the Jabot jet, or borrow Devon's jet. Geez, these rich people and all their private jets. Here a jet, there a jet, everywhere a jet, jet. 🙄

Nikki has changed out of that horrific outfit! Saints be praised! (And it looks like she got a sturdier bra too. The girls aren't resting on her belt for a change. 😼)

Abby is not going to be wandering around a foreign country on her own, tripping over government agents and members of a criminal cartel. Does she even speak Spanish? Oy, Christine should get some kind of hold put on Abby's passport for her own safety.

Victoria looked like she got a little thrill when she shut down Lily's overtures. Bish please, Lily is pretty much raising your children. You can kiss Lily's whole a$$. 🤨

Noah is Banksy. Now that's funny. Good one, Mariah. 🤡

Lily walked into Adam's office carrying a coat and Sally barely had a dress on. They must keep it quite warm in the Newman Media offices.

During the mid-episode break there was an ad for the new animated series, Star Trek: Prodigy. Then Sally used the term "mind-meld." I see you, CBS, doing subtle product placement for your own product. (Well, for a Paramount+ product anyway. Keeping it in the network family, of course.)

Hmm, unsure if that was meant to be chem test between Adam and Lily. I think he did hold his own with her though. Anyhoo, Lily's right, ChancComm is not for the taking. Has Adam met Jill? He don't want none of that smoke.

Wonder why Adam recorded his conversation with Lily on his cellphone?

Oh Billy, you idiot. That letter is guaranteed fake. Gaines probably wrote it himself.

But Chloe, what if Adam wants to be with Sally? Who he dates is none of Chelsea's business as long as it doesn't negatively affect their son. Chelsea better hold on tight to a grip.

Heh, Mariah probably just gave Abby the shove back into reality she needs. Abby's not going to want to hand Tater over to Mariah, even temporarily. 🥴

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Come on people, can Abby be that stupidly dense?  That’s a rhetorical question. Of course she can. Flying to Spain and poking your nose into what happened is a recipe for disaster. What part of blowing up a building full of government agents would lead you to believe that you are safe from meeting the same fate?  

Now I'm starting to hope Abby will go to Spain and get killed just to shut her up.

• LOL 21
2 hours ago, Zemiar said:

I was gonna comment on Friday's episode, but I forgot what happened. I'm seriously drawing a blank.

Nick and Victoria kinda sorta maybe made peace, in a way, but not really.  Besides that, NOTHING HAPPENED.  On a Friday!  

On 11/7/2021 at 7:42 PM, Gam2 said:

You see, we rubes are too thick to make the literary connection, so the writers felt the need to subtly remind us that the dumb flea-bag hotel is a metaphor, that Phyllis is the mythical Phoenix rising from the ashes of her dumpster fire of a life. The arm-flapping and Caw Caw Caw?  Those were very nuanced acting choices by MS to drive that all home. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Come on people, can Abby be that stupidly dense?  That’s a rhetorical question. Of course she can. Flying to Spain and poking your nose into what happened is a recipe for disaster. What part of blowing up a building full of government agents would lead you to believe that you are safe from meeting the same fate?  

Being a reactionary to search for Chance Go Boom! is the same way Abby made poor choices and ended up with Rev. Darvon as a sperm donor and Mariah as the hormonally-crazed incubator, ending up with Bowie -- Who she seems to have no problem leaving behind without a thought to his care.

Granted, she has a nanny, and Ashley and Nina are in Genoa City for the time being, but what about Bowie? Suddenly the most important object of her fantasy Happy Family with Chance has become less than an afterthought now that she's decided she's the only person who believes Chance might still be alive.

It isn't a good idea to have Mariah to return to care for Bowie if Abby goes on this folly of a search for Chance. If Mariah gets her hands on Bowie for more than 20 minutes, she'll never let him go.

Rev. Darvon was less than convincing, and should have hammered into her feeble head that Bowie is her first priority. Nina has become Abby's enabler in mourning over Chance.

This sudden decision of Abby's to search for Chance is stupid on a grand scale. She doesn't speak the language, walking into a Spanish gang-related bombing of U.S. foreign spies with no guide or translator, weeping copious tears trying to find Chance Go Boom! because she thinks no one is trying to find out what happened to her wayward husband.

The person to handle overseas searches is Victor and his network of Black Ops soldiers and private investigators. Hire the right people with the right skills (something Abby is sorely lacking) and turn over every chamber pot and ashtray for Chance.

I wonder who Abby is really angry with; the government people that haven't found Chance yet, the people that accept Chance Went Boom! and is no more, or Chance for leaving his newly wed Abby for spy adventures that ended up with him killed in a explosion.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 11

Somehow this Search for Agent D-Bag storyline is more enraging than the surrogacy.  It's making me extremely dislike both Abby and Mariah, two characters that were favorites of mine.  Two lunatics vying with each other over how selfish and mind warped they can be.  

At least Devon had legit arguments and pushback today instead of his usual bromides.  But dude, Abby's son should have literally been the first and only card you played to get her to come to her senses.  

Has Nikki been (hopefully) drinking? For all the hounding she does of Adam, she's married to a literal Grandpire who takes pleasure in making people's lives miserable.  In fact, I really don't get how we're supposed to believe Adam is in need of redemption while Victor of all people gets to walk around getting his ass kissed.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
13 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

You see, we rubes are too thick to make the literary connection, so the writers felt the need to subtly remind us that the dumb flea-bag hotel is a metaphor, that Phyllis is the mythical Phoenix rising from the ashes of her dumpster fire of a life. The arm-flapping and Caw Caw Caw?  Those were very nuanced acting choices by MS to drive that all home. 

And the Oscar goes to........  Michelle Stafford!!

giphy.gif

No, there's no mistake.  She's won THAT Oscar.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 16

WTF is Sharon wearing to work at the coffee house!?  Nikki and Mariah have never looked worse but let’s not forget how they dress Phyllis and Lauren!  Who are these wardrobe people?

Sharon’s face is a permanent bloat now and with her heavy eye makeup and constant roots she is in need of a huge makeover, she is looking much older than her real life partner Adam these days.

Nikki needs to cut that hair!  She has beautiful hair but it is not doing anything for her especially when pulled severely off her face. 

FF almost all of Billy and Lily these days.  Do not find the Gaines story interesting at all.  Even Ashland having cancer doesn’t seem to be a front runner story anymore.  

Yep, Abby can take off anytime leaving the cult caring for Bowie.  What happened to the nanny?

Just put Jack with Phyllis already and get it over with.  Let him deal with her constant dramatization of every.little,thing.

Am I the only one who is noticing Tessa’s lips much bigger?

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

No you are not. I wondered a little while ago whether it affected her singing. But then I see Adele and she's got those puffy lips too so maybe it's something trained singers can adjust for.

I've taken to calling Bowie Miss Marigold.

Please to be explaining? I googled Miss Marigold and I still don't get the reference. kthxbai.

she is looking much older than her real life partner Adam these days.

Yep. I have a feeling she's fine with that though because it emphasizes how she can be her age and still get a young(er) man. 😼

• Love 9

Please to be explaining? I googled Miss Marigold and I still don't get the reference. kthxbai.

It's from Downton Abbey. It's kind of a long story, suffice to say Miss Marigold was the child of one of the daughter's of the House who gave the child up for adoption and then took her back. Thus breaking the heart of her adoptive mother. When the adoptive mother couldn't stand it any more, she took her back. That family ended up moving away because of it and the bio mom couldn't be arsed to really take care of her and she ended up being kind of passed around among the relatives and nannies.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9

Could there be a cast dressed more somberly? Excepting Sharon in her "Reynolds Wrap easy bake therapy solutions" garb? Guess they are getting ready for someone's funeral, trying out the options the show's stylist let them pick out of a box during the last cast meeting. Is Jack leaving Jabot to start a lonely hearts podcast, or become the  equivalent of a Mr. Rogers daytime show host for adults? Anybody remember Stuart Smalley on SNL?

And Phyllis. Ugh. She could barely hide her joy of using Nick's family to hurt him by proxy. The hypocrisy.....she would expect her daughter Dummer to defend her just the way Nick defends his family.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Lily, I’m waiting for Nostrils the Weasel to buy a yacht. 

Please, one Ja-Boat was enough!

21 hours ago, Kemper said:

I can't stand sanctimonious, snobby, imperial, looking-down-her-nose, tackily dressed Nicki. I never thought I would type this but I feel kind of sorry for Adam - isn't Victor the one who is driving this? Mostly?  

It was truly ridiculous the way she was barking at Adam when EVERYONE knows old Grampire is behind it all.

7 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Nope. She's been messing with her face. She's not as pretty as she used to be. First she lost too much weight, then she got some kinda work done. That's the culture of the industry.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Somehow this Search for Agent D-Bag storyline is more enraging than the surrogacy.  It's making me extremely dislike both Abby and Mariah, two characters that were favorites of mine.  Two lunatics vying with each other over how selfish and mind warped they can be.  

At least Devon had legit arguments and pushback today instead of his usual bromides.  But dude, Abby's son should have literally been the first and only card you played to get her to come to her senses.  

I wouldn't have minded if Adam was allowed to get involved and in a bid to pay Chance back for getting him shot, that he took off to Spain to search for Chance, tapping into his Spider contacts and having a few narrow scrapes himself for him to find Chance and bring him home to Abby and Chance and Adam to renew their bromance and Abby thaw to him just a touch ( he did gaslight her mother into a miscarriage afterall). And when Adam gets home, he realizes life's too short and finds him Sally with a quickness to bed her and enjoy some happiness for once.

Why is everyone looking to Adam to stop the insanity when its Victor who launched it with Ashland's blessing?  Both of them took a powder and are leaving him to the wolves as everyone nags him and alternately appeals to his better nature while saying he doesn't have one, LOL.  Look, if Adam is as bad as ya'll all think he is, then no amount of talking or guilting is gonna change his course. If you're wasting your breath, stop insulting the man and truly appeal to him without looking down your hypocritical noses at him and talking to him like he's beneath you. (I'm looking at you Nikki and Lily).

And speaking of Lily, Adam is a better man than people give him credit for. He didn't throw Hillary and her lost child in Lily's face.  True, she did do her time in prison for it, but Adam has been 'killed' at least 3 times between Billy and Chloe and had to rebuild his life at least twice.  No way would I ever expect them to forgive him but Lily should damn well know better that of all Adam's sins, Delia was a true blue accident. I can only think that Adam, knowing the sting of being responsible for the loss of a life - a child - didn't want to inflict that same insult on Lily.  Also he has too much respect for Devon and Lily undoubtedly would've whined to Devon and Billy both if Adam had lobbed that bomb.

And another thing, Lily, Adam told no lies when he said Billy is using ChanceComm as a personal battering ram to attack his enemies and is no way interested in exposing the truth. If we're keeping score, CC has been the instigator in just about all the drama so far with NM just now fighting back which had ya'll skurrred. Lily taking Cane back was a level of dumb after all his lies, but she's reached an all time level of dumb and low with Billy when she really should know better.  Billy isn't the bastion of truth or a victim or the underdog - he's a bully who uses whatever information he can to mete out his vision of truth and justice.  If only a rag (hello Spencer Publications) did a multi-part expose on his butt around his affair with Summer, his multiple murder attempts against Adam, cuckolding his own brother with Phyllis, and his gambling issues in relation to Jabot where hell was rained down on him and his loved ones and the shoe was on the other foot for once.

Going back a few episodes - Nick is unbelievable. YOU were the one welcoming Adam back to the fold and now that he's acting like a good little soldier and Victor's on board, you mad that Adam is getting attention? How damn old are you? Why is Adam being the more mature one in this situation?  Your issue is with your FATHER ; as a big brother at 50 years of age you ought to know to leave little brother out of it AND that Victor tries to play you against each other on purpose. Let Victor do his thing and be a better brother where you're uniting with him instead of being jealous of him. Victor's attention is not a prize!

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 20
56 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

I wouldn't have minded if Adam was allowed to get involved and in a bid to pay Chance back for getting him shot, that he took off to Spain to search for Chance, tapping into his Spider contacts and having a few narrow scrapes himself for him to find Chance and bring him home to Abby and Chance and Adam to renew their bromance and Abby thaw to him just a touch ( he did gaslight her mother into a miscarriage afterall). And when Adam gets home, he realizes life's too short and finds him Sally with a quickness to bed her and enjoy some happiness for once.

Why is everyone looking to Adam to stop the insanity when its Victor who launched it with Ashland's blessing?  Both of them took a powder and are leaving him to the wolves as everyone nags him and alternately appeals to his better nature while saying he doesn't have one, LOL.  Look, if Adam is as bad as ya'll all think he is, then no amount of talking or guilting is gonna change his course. If you're wasting your breath, stop insulting the man and truly appeal to him without looking down your hypocritical noses at him and talking to him like he's beneath you. (I'm looking at you Nikki and Lily).

And speaking of Lily, Adam is a better man than people give him credit for. He didn't throw Hillary and her lost child in Lily's face.  True, she did do her time in prison for it, but Adam has been 'killed' at least 3 times between Billy and Chloe and had to rebuild his life at least twice.  No way would I ever expect them to forgive him but Lily should damn well know better that of all Adam's sins, Delia was a true blue accident. I can only think that Adam, knowing the sting of being responsible for the loss of a life - a child - didn't want to inflict that same insult on Lily.  Also he has too much respect for Devon and Lily undoubtedly would've whined to Devon and Billy both if Adam had lobbed that bomb.

And another thing, Lily, Adam told no lies when he said Billy is using ChanceComm as a personal battering ram to attack his enemies and is no way interested in exposing the truth. If we're keeping score, CC has been the instigator in just about all the drama so far with NM just now fighting back which had ya'll skurrred. Lily taking Cane back was a level of dumb after all his lies, but she's reached an all time level of dumb and low with Billy when she really should know better.  Billy isn't the bastion of truth or a victim or the underdog - he's a bully who uses whatever information he can to mete out his vision of truth and justice.  If only a rag (hello Spencer Publications) did a multi-part expose on his butt around his affair with Summer, his multiple murder attempts against Adam, cuckolding his own brother with Phyllis, and his gambling issues in relation to Jabot where hell was rained down on him and his loved ones and the shoe was on the other foot for once.

Going back a few episodes - Nick is unbelievable. YOU were the one welcoming Adam back to the fold and now that he's acting like a good little soldier and Victor's on board, you mad that Adam is getting attention? How damn old are you? Why is Adam being the more mature one in this situation?  Your issue is with your FATHER ; as a big brother at 50 years of age you ought to know to leave little brother out of it AND that Victor tries to play you against each other on purpose. Let Victor do his thing and be a better brother where you're uniting with him instead of being jealous of him. Victor's attention is not a prize!

TobinAlbers, your post is a thing of beauty!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

THIS is what we should be watching.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

If Abby cannot "get a jet" from Dad or Victoria - maybe she will ask Adam for help.  This would be a missed opportunity if the writers don't go this route.  I would so love for Adam to be the one to go after Chance - because at this point he must be thinking "Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right" ....  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8

My theory about Sharon is that she’s using the shiny, Las Vegas showgirl outfits at the coffeehouse to distract us from her frozen face and inability to act. Man, she gets worse every single day!

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

My theory about Sharon is that she’s using the shiny, Las Vegas showgirl outfits at the coffeehouse to distract us from her frozen face and inability to act. Man, she gets worse every single day!

She is actually, right now, the worst actress on the show; in a crowded field.   I could get past that if she had any life to her, any investment in her character.  (even Phyllis has that)  Right now, with the shiny, sparkly clothes, the heavy makeup...I would say she looks like a drag queen (no insult!). Most of that is the fault of the makeup and wardrobe department.   She looks like she could be Nicki's daughter. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Has Lily been smelling Nostrils the Weasel’s farts?  Adam has more of a vendetta against Nostrils the Weasel?? 😳 I seriously doubt it. 

I’m sorry to say this, but Abby, go fuck yourself. Mariah is good enough to agree to be your “incubator” but she’s not good enough to take care of Bowie?  There are plenty of other people to take care of him like Devon for instance. Abby, you’re self center in being ignorant about Mariah’s feelings.  Nina also doesn’t want Mariah to take care of Bowie because of her attachment to Bowie but Nina ignore Devon’s strong attachment to Bowie. Devon is a little more stealthy about it.  I believe by not giving Mariah the ability to take care of Bowie would be more harmful to her psyche.  

Nostrils the Weasel is so caught up in himself that he doesn’t even realize his threats are empty. If the statute of limitations have expired on any criminal activity they have also expired on any possible lawsuit. Nostrils the Weasel the poker player that he is goes all in and “Spider” calls his bluff.  But if the plan does go sideways and Nostrils the Weasel comes out on top and Ashland is outed causing him even more strain, I’m betting that Nostrils the Weasel will be held harmless and Adam will get the full blame for it.  As of now, it seems the plan is damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead.  Victor is all in and as we know Victor never looses so Nostrils the Weasel is in deep shit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Has Nikki been (hopefully) drinking? For all the hounding she does of Adam, she's married to a literal Grandpire who takes pleasure in making people's lives miserable. In fact, I really don't gethow we're supposed to believe Adam is in need of redemption while Victor of all people gets to walk around getting his ass kissed.  

Atonal Adam isn't in need of redemption because he's the same malicious cretin he's always been, wearing the costume of a normal human being. He never felt he needed to do the hard work of paying for his past criminal behavior or neurotic need to punish Victor and eliminate the rest of the Newman's so he can be the last Newman standing. 

Several people are still skeptical of his normalized façade and will never believe he's changed, but Victor needs Atonal to be his regular venomous self in order to destroy the threat of Chance Dot Com and crush NotBilly once and for all. And Atonal has been going along with most of Victor's plots, bidding his time, waiting for just the right time to ruin NotBilly and scoop up the remains of Chance Dot Com -- It will make Victor gloatingly happy (Atonal is a good little soldier in Victor Newman's private army!) to squash NotBilly like a bug and increase Newman Media's reach.

Sharon loves and has promised herself to protect Atonal regardless of what part he's playing because she's in fuck with him; she can't see the forest from the trees because she believes in the fantasy Atonal she created in her memory. 

Nicki will never trust Atonal for all the times he's attempted to kill or usurp Victor and the Newman's; she has good reason to chew him out whenever she sees fit. He hasn't proved he's trustworthy to Nicki's satisfaction, and never will.

Nick is angry that Atonal fooled him with his Good Adam schtick. He's jealous and disgusted that Victor turned to Atonal to do his wet work for Locke-ness and thinks he's being benched, left out of the family because he was disloyal to the Newman's plans for Victoria. The manchild will never grow up.

The new Atonal Adam is the same old Atonal Adam. And he will show his stripes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Geez, how many times a day does Lily go to the coffeehouse? <starbucks has entered the chat>

Billy's stance in front of Adam's desk with his coat pushed back and his hands hovering around the front of his jeans was interesting. And by "interesting" I mean, "Who do you think you are, fella? Billy the Kid about to quick draw on that dirty sidewinder Adam? FOH." I just watched a great western and I recognized the posture. What a goofball.

Mariah. You need to pull over and study the directions back to this world. 😐

Wonder why Y&R is trashing the State Department so hard? It's almost starting to seem like someone bts has a personal agenda, IMO.

How does a story published on the internet "go wide"? Even if access to the specific article is limited to subscribers, once it's on the web it's wide by default because then information can be easily shared. Unless you live in a part of the world where internet access is restricted, I guess. Billy is such a drama queen with his silly threats.

The Greasy Paprika has a rooftop pool. Hmm. I think I'd sooner go swimming in a ditch full of squirrel poop. 🤮

Abby is lucky Victoria has such a controlled personality. I think a different kind of woman might've swung on her after that crack about Victoria also facing her husband's death.

OMG, Phyllis is straight up OCD about the Newmans. Make it stop! 🤯

Poor Tater. Maybe they should let him go stay with cousin Noah for a while. Noah seems to be the only Newman not focused on Abby's misery.

Jack, Jack, Jack. If I sneak a look into your closet I'm not going to find a cheerleader outfit, am I? Because you are doing the most right now to prop Red's ravenous ego. 2, 4, 6, 8. Who should we incinerate? Phyllis!

Pshht, Victor thinks he's going to go after a Spanish crime cartel to avenge Chance's death. Right. In this case, I'm betting juego will not recognize juego. 🙄

• LOL 9
  • Love 5

Hey, maybe Prince Matchibelli is behind the Chance Go Boom!

Just take away Abby's passport.  She's just asking to be kidnapped and held for ransom by Spanish Insurrectionists who talk like the Frito Bandito.  And nobody expects the Spanish Insurrectionists!

• LOL 16
21 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

his sudden decision of Abby's to search for Chance is stupid on a grand scale. She doesn't speak the language, walking into a Spanish gang-related bombing of U.S. foreign spies with no guide or translator, weeping copious tears trying to find Chance Go Boom! because she thinks no one is trying to find out what happened to her wayward husband

Would the government actually let her anyway near the site? Oops, forgot, it's Abby! rules don't apply.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, basiltherat said:

Hey, maybe Prince Matchibelli is behind the Chance Go Boom!

Just take away Abby's passport.  She's just asking to be kidnapped and held for ransom by Spanish Insurrectionists who talk like the Frito Bandito.  And nobody expects the Spanish Insurrectionists!

Basiltherat, Your most excellent post done killed me ####Dead####!

There's posting genius in the air today.  Between you and Kemper and Joimairoxeu, Cupid Stunt, Waldo13, Peacheslatour, Gam2 and everyone else, today is a good day to laugh.

I need to give Josh Morrow more credit for comedy, even if he doesn't know that's what he's delivering.  In all these overheated scenes of grief and lost relationships, he comes plodding through, the town Eyeore, hands in his pockets, big sad eyes, shuffling around till somebody feeds him sympathy cuz his girl don't love him anymore, his daddy don't understand him and this is the night the music died.  I want backup singers.  Ending his pity parade by talking to Chuckles the Clown aka Sharon in her saran wrap dress and mummy-like expression was hilarious.

Jack!  You had the perfect chance and you blew it!  Phyllis HERSELF said she was a failure and you denied it.  Are you insane??  Then you proceeded to buff her up till her self-regard was shining with its usual glare.  Bad Jack.  Very, very very bad Jack.

Does Abby think she's become Catwoman because she's dressing like her.  Sorta funny that a woman who thinks her mere presence will cause Chance to be found has to keep begging everyone for a ride.  I'd assume, with that half billion she sued dear old Dad for some years back she had a jet of her own.

ButtBiscuit's only remaining ploy in his feud with Adam is to have them both whip it out and see which one measures up.  I have a feeling he'll wish we'd switched to the metric system if that ever were to happen.

Did the nanny quit or is she in her room drinking while all these numbskulls keep getting in the way?  Mariah, Lil Ham roll isn't absorbing negativity, not unless he's glanced you in that jogging outfit.  Devon, don't you need to go home and soak your big head in something that'll bring it back down to size?  

Lil Ham Roll looked like a rustic sourdough loaf with a cheesball for a head today.

He's really growing up!

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 5

Eyeore, hands in his pockets, big sad eyes, shuffling around till somebody feeds him sympathy cuz his girl don't love him anymore, his daddy don't understand him and this is the night the music died.  I want backup singers.  

I wanted to quote and respond to your whole brilliant post but times being what they are, I'll just leave this.

image.thumb.png.435bf58a8eb2cbf4fad24aae69a7f78d.png

He needs someone to bring him a red balloon and an empty jar. He'll be entertained for hours.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

I thought Adam showed remarkable restraint in describing his visit with Nikki to Victor.  She was batcrap crazy while she was reading him the riot act, yet he made it sound like they had a reasonable discussion over tea.  If all these people only knew that Victor has been itching to take down Chance Com since literally the day the deal with Ashland went through, and Adam put the brakes on it for as long as he could.

There must be a Sad Sack Convention in Genoa City.  Everybody is so dour.  They really need a lighter story to balance things out.  Or is the Newman Media vs ChanceCom the lighter story?

Why do Victoria and Ashland need to go to Peru, when the finest medical minds are right here in the USofA?  Why not consult with Dr. Joe Rogan and get his recommendations?  There must be some combination therapy of elephant tranquilizers and Drano that will cure whatever is ailing Ashland.  One trip to PetSmart and Home Depot, and he and Victoria get their miracle!    

• LOL 16
3 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Why do Victoria and Ashland need to go to Peru, when the finest medical minds are right here in the USofA?  Why not consult with Dr. Joe Rogan and get his recommendations?  There must be some combination therapy of elephant tranquilizers and Drano that will cure whatever is ailing Ashland.  One trip to PetSmart and Home Depot, and he and Victoria get their miracle!    

Now this, right here, is probably the funniest (and sadly, snarkily accurate) thing I have read all day.  Still laughing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, boes said:

Lil Ham Roll looked like a rustic sourdough loaf with a cheesball for a head today.

That's a step up. Last week his shoulders were so square he looked like a tablet with a small orange on top. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1