Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Oh Abby and her nasally whining going on and on and on laying guilt on Chance! Everything is about her and her happiness.  She is so selfish.  Sick to death of her and the baby storyline and the Chance on a “mission!” 

7 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

What? There's nothing a man loves more than nasally whining!

It worked for Dumber. Kyle couldn't resist her adenoidal siren song.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Is this show now the Phyllis hour?!  Every.Single.Episode.there is her slinking around somewhere flashing her blue veneers.  Why is she getting so much airtime!?

It sure seems to be. Do we ever get a day off from SyPhyllis? And she is a horrible actress. Who did she sleep with to get so much airtime?

• Love 13

Hoo boy, Adam was pissed about Ashland and Victoria's play for ChanceComm. You could see him struggling not to pop off completely on everyone and let DarkAdam come out to play. And damn Victoria dismissing Adam once he outlined what exactly was happening was cold blooded.  Adam's lucky Ashland wasn't in the mood to tear his ass open because trust that RB would be up to the task. I also think that he knew he did them wrong so he let Adam vent his spleen a bit. 

Victoria, with ample assist by Locke-ness, got ahead of Atonal's ambitions for his ladder climb at Newman Media. That's why he's in a lather. Atonal doesn't give a fig about betrayal, as long as it benefits him. With no satisfaction from Victor, Atonal's redemption restraints are being stretched thin.

Locke-ness got what he wanted; public exoneration for his past crimes against the Rhodes estate -- He's untouchable. Victoria got what she wanted: Victor/Atonal successfully ruined CCC, NotBilly and Lily with the same weapon they were going to use against her/Locke-ness, and she didn't get her hands dirty.

NotBilly's dead man walking after years of humiliating Victoria, she's made an end run on Atonal Adam's Newman Enterprises ambitions with her CCC buyout offer, and Victor will be pleased she's buying back his holy media relic at a damage sale discount.

• Love 6

I couldn't help watching Jess Walton's excellent performance today and thinking about what she's been through herself this year.  First, her husband of 40 years being diagnosed with terminal liver cancer and she and her children caring for him at home, and then his death at the end of August.  She's been through the wringer and it felt to me as if that informed her performance today, and in a powerful way.  There was an authentic poignancy in her acting today.

I like NuChance so far. 

ButtBiscuit needs to stop with the turtlenecks.  IMO he looks even more like the tip of Preparation H applicator than usual.

Phyllis, Lucy Ricardo was a lovable screw-up.  You and ButtBiscuit are sociopathic narcissists.

Awww, Chance got to see Da Baby in action!

giphy.gif

The first person Jack calls about Abby being found is PHYLLIS???????????

Anyone want to bet that this cracker jack set of writers ends up tying Chance's big case back to Sutton?  And all of it will happen off screen?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15

Jill! What a breath of fresh air. I'm amazed the MWT remembered how to write dialog for her. But, Jill, Lily to head  up CI? Really? You know she comes with a big honkin' wart attached to her ass. Jill, you should have cut her loose, not rewarded her. Buttbiscuit alone is proof enough she has very bad judgement.

I'm sorry, but I was laughing all through Abby and NoChance's scenes. MO just can not deliver anything more than an Avon Lady with the latest shade of blush. Ding dong, Abby's here. Those scenes were so far beyond cringeworthy they should have been on Comedy Central. (Is that still around?) I'm not ready to form an opinion about NoChance. I can see he's trying. He's got these heavy scenes to do and become Chance at the same time and do it against MO's hilarious performance. Really tough spot to be in. But I do have to comment on his looks. Besides the fact that he and MO have zero chemistry, they do not even look like a couple. They don't look good together. Their looks don't compliment each other's looks. He makes her look haggard and like a bubble head and she makes him look squinty-eyed and too young to be doing this. And like I said, zero chemistry. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

I am confused about whose company is whose. Victoria wants to buy Chance.com. As someone upthread mentioned, Victor was upset when Victoria sold the media company she/he originally owned. Now she is buying a different one to add to her empire? Have I got this right so far. And Victor has a stake in his company that Victoria now runs. So. What happens to the company he owns with Adam? 

I do not want to see Adam return to his “evil” ways; or to Sharon for that matter. Sweepea is right - Jill should have let Lily the Enabler go, too.  Lily should take the job offer that Adam made to her. That dynamic would be interesting and would serve the wonderful purpose of driving Billy crazy. Any storyline would be better then the Baby Dom story; it is excruciatingly badly written and acted.

To my original question - there will still be two media companies - just a different CEO (I can’t say Lily with a straight face). Or will she run it but not be in charge?

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

To my original question - there will still be two media companies - just a different CEO (I can’t say Lily with a straight face). Or will she run it but not be in charge?

Who knows or cares anymore?  I always smile when seeing these nimrods running major companies from only an iPhone and 9" iPad.  If they are going to bother having offices, why not a large monitor or two so they can have multiple windows open? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

I am confused about whose company is whose. Victoria wants to buy Chance.com. As someone upthread mentioned, Victor was upset when Victoria sold the media company she/he originally owned. Now she is buying a different one to add to her empire? Have I got this right so far.

Sort of.

Chance Dot Com (re-named after purchase by Chancellor Industries, re: Jill) was a media division of Newman Enterprises. Victoria saw the media division as a drag on Newman Enterprises profits without substantial investment, but Victor wanted to hang on to it for his own reasons -- Victor never said why, but I expect he had plans to use the media division to attack his enemies, real and imagined. 

Newman Media was originally a holding of Locke Communications, sold to Victor by Locke-ness. And became a weapon wielded by Victor and Atonal.

Victoria buying Chance Dot Com returns an improved former division to Newman Enterprises, at a substantial discount because of its damaged reputation. Victoria sold the company at a profit and she'll buy it back on the cheap.

And Victor has a stake in his company that Victoria now runs. 

Victor has retired from day-to-day operations and is Chairman Emeritus on the Newman Enterprises board. Victoria is CEO of NE. He's still a stockholder in NE, and is soul owner of Newman Media. 

So. What happens to the company he owns with Adam? 

Nothing. Newman Media remains a separate company from Newman Enterprises.

I do not want to see Adam return to his “evil” ways; or to Sharon for that matter. Sweepea is right - Jill should have let Lily the Enabler go, too.  Lily should take the job offer that Adam made to her. That dynamic would be interesting and would serve the wonderful purpose of driving Billy crazy. Any storyline would be better then the Baby Dom story; it is excruciatingly badly written and acted.

Atonal hasn't changed, or he wouldn't have conspired with Victor to destroy Chance Dot Com and NotBilly's already tattered reputation to exonerate Locke-ness criminal past. He's the same conspiratorial menace he's always been, just wearing a costume of cooperation and pretending to be obsequious to his betters.

Lily was supposed to temper NotBilly's recklessness as co-CEO and ended up contributing to and enabling the ruin of Chance Dot Com by giving NotBilly to do whatever it took with Jesse Gaines.

Jill rewarding Lily with the CEO chair of Chancellor Industries for not doing her job and protecting Chance Dot Com from corporate embarrassment, retractions and financial damage from retreating advertisers is ludicrous. I suppose NotBilly will be given a playpen at Chancellor Industries where he can do no harm, but sit and jealously stew and plot how to undermine Lily and take over Chancellor for himself.

Lily likely will move on to run Chancellor Industries (It's too good of an offer to pass up and will cause untold drama with NotBilly as Lily's eunuch).

Two media companies will remain standing, but the ownership of Chance Dot Com will be purchased and returned to NE.

There will be Newman Media -- Owned by Victor, operated by Atonal and Victor. And a re-named Chance Dot Com (re-named to eliminate the bad press and sullied reputation from the Locke-ness article/retraction), and the former media division of Newman Enterprises will return to Newman Enterprises -- TIIC are eluding that Jill will sell it back to Victoria. I wouldn't be surprised if Locke-ness is given charge of the new media division by Victoria, further infuriating Atonal.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Does anyone know the name of the older actress playing opposite Abby and Chance? She’s so familiar to me. Thanks.

She reminds me of the doctor on ER who walked with a cane, Laura Innes…but wiki doesn’t list Y&R in her credits.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Does anyone know the name of the older actress playing opposite Abby and Chance? She’s so familiar to me. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Me too but I can't place her.

1 minute ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

She reminds me of the doctor on ER who walked with a cane, Laura Innes…but wiki doesn’t list Y&R in her credits.

It took me a minute to place her when she first appeared onscreen. Then I looked at her face and not her hair and listened to the voice. The actress's name is Roxanne Hart who I remember most from Chicago Hope where she played a nurse who was Adam Arkin's character's wife/ex-wife. She's been in a lot of other stuff too.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Victor has retired from day-to-day operations and is Chairman Emeritus on the Newman Enterprises board. Victoria is CEO of NE. He's still a stockholder in NE, and is soul owner of Newman Media. 

This is a typo, I think you meant 'sole', but 'soul' really is apropos for the Grampire, isn't it?!

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

I remember Roxanne Hart from Law and Order and a couple of other things. Maybe perfect for Jack? She is the only possible partner for him, right now, that I would not be disgusted with. I wish Phyllis and Nick would get back together; neither needs to be back on the market. One thing - the show wardrobe people seem to hate Old Red. Her clothes entertain.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, gingerella said:

This is a typo, I think you meant 'sole', but 'soul' really is apropos for the Grampire, isn't it?!

Though 'sole' would be correct for another individual. In Victor's case, he wants it all, thus 'soul' is accurate.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Dear God, I cannot stand another day of Abby, Chance, etc.  Cannot bear it.

Nor can I. My god, the whining. It's more than I can take. Oh and would someone please smack Lily? The moaning, eye rolling, the angst. What will Billy do? This will hurt his poor manly feelings. Give me a fucking break.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
28 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Nor can I. My god, the whining. It's more than I can take. Oh and would someone please smack Lily? The moaning, eye rolling, the angst. What will Billy do? This will hurt his poor manly feelings. Give me a fucking break.

Ditto times 10!

• Love 12

Ashley knows Chance 2.0 is alive and now Jack knows. There is an old saying that 3 people can keep a secret if 2 are dead. 

I just have to say that Abby is 100% being her very selfish and clueless self. Abby couldn’t give 💩💩about Mariah’s feelings and now she can’t give 💩💩 about Chance 2.0’s sense of duty and pride in himself. TIIC won’t write it that way but Chance 2.0 will cause him and Abby to become more distant overtime. Chance 2.0 is in a Catch 22 situation. He’s damned if he finishes his mission or not. If he finishes the mission, it’s only himself in danger.  If he doesn’t finish the mission than Abby and Bowie will be in danger. If the “Bad Guys” can track the team down and blow up their safe house than why couldn’t they track Chance 2.0 down, now knowing he’s alive, in GC even with provided security. But I’m sure such logic doesn’t compute in Abby’s air head.  

My son-in-law is FDNY and one day he saved an entire family from burning to death at great peril to himself. If my daughter begged him to stay home instead of his duty that day, 4 people would have died. There where deaths in that fire and to this day, my son-in-law regrets that he couldn’t do more. Two of his fellow fighters where injured in that fire but both returned to work after their injuries were healed. 

I really enjoy the way Victor chuckles knowing he has the upper hand. Victor hit Nostrils the Weasel right between the eyes in telling him why he loathes him and people like him. But Victor is being a little disingenuous when it comes to his children. They were born with a silver spoon in their mouths but Olive, at least, is not a major fuck up. Her position was more given to her than earned but she has not screwed the pooch so far. Even more than Adam, Olive is like Victor. 

It amazes me that Lily is trying to defend Nostrils the Weasel and his own mother is not buying what Lily is selling. Victor is right, Jill has an excellent head for business. Maybe not by allowing Nostrils the Weasel to be even in a secondary roll at Chancellor. Jill thinks that Nostrils the Weasel will not hold any influence over Lily. 

Nostrils the Weasel I got news for you, your mother has been loosing faith in you time and time again. I guess to Nostrils the Weasel his whole adult life is not that long. 

• Love 14

Ashley knows Chance 2.0 is alive and now Jack knows. There is an old saying that 3 people can keep a secret if 2 are dead.

And now Nina knows and it won't be long until everyone in CG knows. I wonder how long it will take Butthead to convince Lily the Spineless to splash all over the media? And hell yes, Chance is going to resent Abby. His career is on the line here and so is his self respect. 

Kudos to your son, Waldo. Not all heroes wear capes. You must be very proud. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Pshht, are you serious, Ashley? The first thing Jack will do is tell Phyllis nuChance is alive. Then she'll either blab to Amanda or Nick. Amanda will likely already know though, and Nick will be pissed that Victor didn't send him over to Spain to find nuChance. He'll go complain to Adam and Adam will whine to Sally. Then Sally will try to use it to get an in with one of the GC elites. Domino fall.

Lily, I think you know what happens to Billy now. Jill essentially tells him he better call Tryone. 😏 (NSFW; YouTube)

Those poor ChancComm employees. They've been jerked around more than the rope in a gigantic game of Tug of War. What if some of them don't want to work for the Newmans again? Who knows when they'll be discarded to yet another company?

Billy has no idea how much of a ride-or-die chick Lily truly is. She stood up to Jill for him when she could've left things for them to sort out.

STFU, Victor. All your pathetic kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids were born with silver spoons in their mouths. They had entire place settings of silver in their drooling maws. Your argument is completely invalid and your hatred of Billy goes back to John Abbott and Jack Abbott. They were actual high-class people while you, your ex-stripper wife, and at least the entire first generation of Newmans have never been more than trash with money. Come at me you utterly delusional waste of air. (Ugh, got me out here defending Billy's honor. What is this world? 🥴)

Wait, Jill knew about Abby before Victor did? Wow.

I'll be amazed if the jet carrying Abby, Ashley, Jack, and nuChance doesn't get shot out of the sky before it leaves Spanish airspace. 🙁

Jill handled Victor like a boss. Sorry, Victor but you're not gonna talk ish to her about her child, even if some of it is true. Get over yourself.

Abby: the prototype for Birdbrain Barbie. I hope her phone is encrypted since it apparently isn't a burner. Nina's better be too. At this rate nuChance will be the lead story on the broadcast news because EVERYBODY knows. 🙄

• Love 19

Lily seems like an intelligent, educated, accomplished woman who always chooses bad men. Her dad and brother have made their mistakes but they were decent men who tried to do their best. Cane? Billy? Nope.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
34 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Lily, I think you know what happens to Billy now. Jill essentially tells him he better call Tryone. 😏 (NSFW; YouTube)

Deeeead, LOL.

35 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Billy has no idea how much of a ride-or-die chick Lily truly is. She stood up to Jill for him when she could've left things for them to sort out.

That she is and she's a dummy for it.  Lily actually telling Jill - his mother - that she couldn't turn off her feelings for Billy like Jill could and make such cold decisions made me SO mad on Jill's behalf. Lily, this woman has tried her damnedest to help her son and he keeps screwing up.  This is your first rodeo with Billy; Jill's been through hell and back with this man for 40+ years with almost 25+ of them dealing with a variety of drama where she's given him chance after chance after chance and he keeps blowing it. How *dare* you talk to her like that. Jill is a hot mess herself sometimes, but her resigned disappointment and practicality about Billy at this stage of their lives has been earned.  You talking like you know something about Billy but Victoria and Jill have been in the long haul and *know* this fool. What you're experiencing with Billy now? They've had to endure about every 2-3 years with him and they are both *tired*. You'll be tired too with him soon because he hasn't/doesn't/won't change.

40 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

STFU, Victor. All your pathetic kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids were born with silver spoons in their mouths.

I had to chuckle and say 'That's all you got?' when Victor rolled that charge at Billy. Sir, you have LOADS of reasons to hate Billy on his own merits - seduced your daughter and encouraged her hedonistic rebellion and happily fanned the flames of friction and dissention between you two when he could (I kid, Victoria is a grown ass woman , but I could see Victor 'blaming' Billy for this), he cheated on your daughter with Kelly, kept Victoria in emotional limbo for a good part of their marriage and afterwards, betrayed his own family and embezzled money from his own family's company to cover those debts (that to me is a big one Victor would find repulsive), kidnapped your son Adam, shot him, and left him to die in a car accident robbing him years of his life and leaving you to think he was dead AND then got engaged to Adam's widow and made a play to be step-father to your beloved Connor, and then upon Adam's subsequent returns tried to kill him again!  ALL of these a very valid reasons to hate this dude but you pick he's a rich boy? C'mon now.  Although I will say Adam *thought* he made it on his own to Harvard, etc. until he learned Victor tipped the scales a bit; Adam didn't throw around his daddy's name until he was in college so he's come the closest to not being a total vapid useless rich boy of the latest generation of Newmans and Abbotts.

45 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Jill handled Victor like a boss. Sorry, Victor but you're not gonna talk ish to her about her child, even if some of it is true. Get over yourself.

Jill was such a veteran warrior in that scene. Victor was trying to play the 'Huh, what?' about his fighting with Billy and she wasn't having it. She called his ass out, agreed her own son was being an ass too, and let him know she wasn't rolling over so easy to his liking. 

So much for Billy being an enlightened, mature individual. First, his snotty reaction to the idea of having to *gulp* work for Lily rather than be her partner showed his character. He couldn't even be truly happy for her. She's only as awesome and capable as she is when she's his partner and he has equal billing (but really the boss). Period. Even after all his mistakes and disasters, he doesn't have the self-awareness of his strengths or weaknesses or that he needs a check to balance him. Lily failed in her keeping him on the straight and narrow and honestly it shouldn't have been her job.  Secondly, dude, you wasted no time to run to Jill to lay a guilt trip on her about how *quickly* she gave up on you. Son, she could've pulled the plug after the Adam kidnapped Faith article that caused that poor girl to spiral but she didn't; she could've pulled the plug when you got yourself framed for shooting Chance while trying to kill Adam due to your continued vendetta against Adam with the investigation into his 'murderous' past; but she didn't. Third time was the charm because you cocked it up so much that the company is losing money and it's integrity blown. Your only plan to recover was to resign and bail on Lily to leave her with the fallout.  Which isn't a plan. It's you being a coward. What Jill giveth, she's rightfully taking away after giving you 3 bites at the apple you entitled twerp.

• Love 18

TobinAlbers, your whole post is awesome. 

Lily actually telling Jill - his mother - that she couldn't turn off her feelings for Billy like Jill could and make such cold decisions made me SO mad on Jill's behalf. Lily, this woman has tried her damnedest to help her son and he keeps screwing up.  This is your first rodeo with Billy; Jill's been through hell and back with this man for 40+ years with almost 25+ of them dealing with a variety of drama where she's given him chance after chance after chance and he keeps blowing it. How *dare* you talk to her like that. Jill is a hot mess herself sometimes, but her resigned disappointment and practicality about Billy at this stage of their lives has been earned.  You talking like you know something about Billy but Victoria and Jill have been in the long haul and *know* this fool. What you're experiencing with Billy now? They've had to endure about every 2-3 years with him and they are both *tired*. You'll be tired too with him soon because he hasn't/doesn't/won't change.

Such a thing of beauty. God, I just wanted to slap her.

I had to chuckle and say 'That's all you got?' when Victor rolled that charge at Billy. Sir, you have LOADS of reasons to hate Billy on his own merits -

And screwed his granddaughter who was barely out of her teens, while or shortly after he was screwing her mother.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Lily told Jill "Thenk Yew" today.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

STFU, Victor. All your pathetic kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids were born with silver spoons in their mouths. They had entire place settings of silver in their drooling maws. Your argument is completely invalid and your hatred of Billy goes back to John Abbott and Jack Abbott. They were actual high-class people while you, your ex-stripper wife, and at least the entire first generation of Newmans have never been more than trash with money. Come at me you utterly delusional waste of air. (Ugh, got me out here defending Billy's honor. What is this world? 🥴)

Abby: the prototype for Birdbrain Barbie.

Abby: the prototype for Birdbrain Barbie is perfection!

What utter and oblivious bullshit Victor's reason for disliking ButtBiscuit was - and dishonest, at that.  Or does he look at his eldest son, the board shorts over-the-hill bro and think he's a self-made man?  Sorry Victor, you had a hand in creating that particular horror, as you did with your daughter with the Daddy obsession and that other nittering twit who was bleating on at her recently undeceased husband about HER needs??  That's all on you, Victor - creations molded with your own secret sauce of smothering entitlement and emotional barreness.  Adam came to you already partially assembled as a homicidal nutjob.  The other three you glued together with balsa wood and spite.

I detest ButtBiscuit, as I do Phyllis.  But when it comes to Victor, both of them get a grudging pass from me.  Victor has behaved heinously to both Phyllis (kidnapping and switching Jack with a doppelganger) and ButtBiscuit (imprisoning him in a Myanmar jail and keeping him from Delia when she was sick) so he's earned every ounce of their ire.  

Enough of the orphanage, Victor.  I still hold that he was such an insufferable brat they dumped him there because they couldn't take anymore of him or his inexplicable german accent.

14 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

So much for Billy being an enlightened, mature individual. First, his snotty reaction to the idea of having to *gulp* work for Lily rather than be her partner showed his character. He couldn't even be truly happy for her. She's only as awesome and capable as she is when she's his partner and he has equal billing (but really the boss). Period. Even after all his mistakes and disasters, he doesn't have the self-awareness of his strengths or weaknesses or that he needs a check to balance him. Lily failed in her keeping him on the straight and narrow and honestly it shouldn't have been her job.  Secondly, dude, you wasted no time to run to Jill to lay a guilt trip on her about how *quickly* she gave up on you. Son, she could've pulled the plug after the Adam kidnapped Faith article that caused that poor girl to spiral but she didn't; she could've pulled the plug when you got yourself framed for shooting Chance while trying to kill Adam due to your continued vendetta against Adam with the investigation into his 'murderous' past; but she didn't. Third time was the charm because you cocked it up so much that the company is losing money and it's integrity blown. Your only plan to recover was to resign and bail on Lily to leave her with the fallout.  Which isn't a plan. It's you being a coward. What Jill giveth, she's rightfully taking away after giving you 3 bites at the apple you entitled twerp.

ButtBiscuit could have floated his Jaboat in that lake of self-pity he was sweating out today.  Too bad he didn't drown in it before he showed up at the Chancellor Mansion to BLAME JILL??  He's within shouting distance of his very own AARP discount card and he's STILL blaming his mother?  And for what, exactly?  I thought his brother Jack was origin of all his problems but I guess with Jill back in town he can blame her now?  The woman created a company and basically GAVE it to him and as usual, mucked it up in record time.  Useless twit.

Between ButtBiscuit and Victor and Birdbrain Abby, today was a real slog.  Thank God for Jill.

Edited by boes
  • Love 20

Shiiit, Billy is vile.  Man baby doesn't even begin to describe it.  And dude if you're going to be such a screw up, at least be funny or original.  All he does are passive aggressive apologies for his selfishness, and then lash out on people who still manage to care about him (Jill, Jack, etc) when they actually treat him like an adult.  Lily should have known it was WAY too much to ask that he wouldn't throw a temper tantrum about working for her, when they both know that's how it should be.  

All that said.  Whatever, Victor.   As others have more eloquently stated, the whole silver spoon thing is the least of reasons to hate Billy.  But it's a great reason for your own pity party about your orphanage days, so go off.

I'm glad Ashley let Jack in on secret.  But Jack...Cricket, really?  The lady that gleefully sends forlorn agents to their deaths/doom, a la Dylan, Scott, Chance, etc.  

At this point, all I can think is that Abby and Chance should never have been married in the first place.  She clearly wasn't going to be able to handle his apparent career, and he shouldn't have agreed to starting a surrogacy with something like this potentially hanging over his head.  They're both idiots and IDC anymore.   Happy for Nina getting her son back, though

Jill is the highlight of the show right now for me.  She's absolutely lovely and just brings it to every scene- I want to listen to every word she says.  

And, I know Kim was just being nice.  But Abby being smarter than, just about anyone....

Thormeme.jpeg

Edited by JNavarro
  • LOL 8
  • Love 10

I was holding out hope that both Abby and nuChance would stay in Spain (Is that where they are?  Who cares?) forever.  I am soooo over this story.  All of it.

Victor is such a complete pompous ass!  Ugh.

I love Jess Walton.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

And screwed his granddaughter who was barely out of her teens, while or shortly after he was screwing her mother.

And the reason Victor doesn't know this is that they would never be able to write him true to character in his reaction because he'd obliterate Billy for this act alone.  They already didn't write Phyllis true to character by honoring her promise to kill him if he ever laid a hand on Summer. The OG Phyllis Summers would've made him pay.

And in today's show, Billy is throwing such a tantrum with Jill that it's unbelievable we're suppose to root for this man. And then he throws up the shield of Delia as another reason he went after Locke which is not the reasoning we were seeing in play these past few months, IMO. 

I want to root for Billy. At least with BM you felt he was a screw-up but wanted to be better he just couldn't stick to it/figure out the right path.  But this current Billy is a good decade older and still blaming others for his actions and now justifying/rewriting his actions/mistakes as noble actions that nobody understands.  I'm wondering what it'll take for him to pull his head out of his ass. 

I'd love for Devon to buy ChanceComm. It'd be an interesting rivals dynamic between him and Victor and Adam since he respects Victor so much and isn't on the outs with Adam. Devon should be somehow involved in the Chancellor Industries dynasty and it hurt me a bit when he realized Lily would be running his grandmother's company; why isn't Devon running it? Or involved on some level?

Why is it when Adam holds a grudge then he's not the new and improved Good Adam anymore but Victor, Billy, Victoria, and so on can hold grudges and act on them and it's perfectly reasonable.  I had no problem with Adam admitting that he was happy with Billy being so radioactive that he couldn't go back to ChanceComm and no one would touch him and it being payback for Billy's earlier expose.  He should've wanted to get back at Billy; but he bided his time and only did something to Billy/ChanceComm when *Billy* gave them to opening to do so.  At least Adam is being truthful mostly about his angle; Billy still has 50 million 'noble' reasons for going after Adam/Victor when the truth is he hates them and wants to hurt them for the the loss of Delia (Adam) and all the other crap Victor has done to Billy (interfering in his marriage to Victoria; enlisting Chelsea in kidnapping him to dump into the Thai prison; keeping him from Delia when she was ill initially; and so on).  Just man up and stop trying to play yourself as the hero and embrace being a non-hero who can mostly be a decent guy but not above also being a dubious guy who will slum when he needs to for petty revenge.

Adam rolling up to Jill was hi-larious. Dude, I love you but you deserve that ass cooking she delivered. She was way more polite to you than she needed to be considering the circumstances. While it was an accident, you ended the life of her granddaughter. You should've left that woman alone and let Victor handle it.  But one thing I wish everyone would stop saying - Adam didn't mess anything up with the ChanceComm deal; Ashland double crossed them and teamed up with Victoria- which Victor wasn't surprised about and didn't blame Adam for. So all Adam is trying to do now is salvage the doublecross to get ChanceComm back but as he said to Billy - that's just the cherry on top. Big picture - He's happy mainly with Billy out on his ass.

If Billy goes after Adam again (which it looks like by his statement to Lily)  I hope he does prison time for it. He needs a rest.

• Love 15

Does Jill still own the Chancellor estate?

Oh joy, Mariah's still delusional about Tater. 😑

Billy told Jill he deleted the Gaines video. Not sure I believe it's truly gone but whatever.

So COO of CI isn't good enough for Little Lord Fauntleroy. This guy. Meanwhile, didn't the Locke Ness Monster nickname for Ashland originate here, on this forum? Was that a shout out?

A lot of nice sibling stuff today: Amanda and Imani, Noah and Mariah, and Lily and Devon. Sure beats watching those backbiting Newman brats going after each other.

And then we get yet another showdown between Adam and Billy. Yawn. AFAIC, whenever Adam  looks at Billy sideways, Billy should just say three words, "You killed Delia," and walk away.

Mariah had Christian's pee-wee basketball schedule on her phone. I didn't realize she was that close to him.  She must consider him an ersatz baby brother. 🤔

Uh oh, Devon has to hand Tater back to Abby but now he's bonded with him. And he better not tell Mariah.

Gotta give Adam points for nerve, showing up to try to work Jill. She could eat him for breakfast and then pick her teeth with his bones. Oh well, it's a good day when the trash has to take itself out.

Please. Revenge Scheme #7,849,256, Billy? 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Love 12

Gotta give Adam points for nerve, showing up to try to work Jill. She could eat him for breakfast and then pick her teeth with his bones. Oh well, it's a good day when the trash has to take itself out.

"I got chunks of guys like you in my stool."

• LOL 10

Nostrils the Weasel becomes more of an arrogant ass hole when he’s reprimand for being an ass hole. In fact, Nostrils the Weasel thinks he should be rewarded.  Once again it’s not Nostrils the Weasel fault. Mom, don’t hold me responsible for being an idiot in allowing Victor to play me like a fiddle. There is one thing that comes up time and time again and that is the story being written. If Nostrils the Weasel never intended to publish the story, than why was it written in the first place?  If you don’t intend to drive, than why buy a car?  The story was released by the reporter not by Victor.  Maybe there wasn’t an authorization email but the reporter being paid off?  I say this because the hacking allegation has not been proven by ChanceCom’s crack cybersecurity team and seems no longer being proven. 

Are TIIC that cheap not to spend $150 on a life like baby doll. They are plenty available on Amazon. 

Mariah’s and Tessa’s scenes are always first rate but by throwing Noah into the mix, makes those scenes even better. 

Even Jill doesn’t remember her history.  If it wasn’t for Victor, Jill wouldn’t have Chancellor nor ChanceCom.  If I remember correctly, Katherine left Chancellor to Victor and Victor sold Chancellor to Jill. 

• Love 11
On 11/30/2021 at 9:44 PM, paisley said:

Tell Abby stop playing with Chance's hair. It's very annoying.

But it is damn pretty hair

On 12/1/2021 at 3:22 PM, Kemper said:

I remember Roxanne Hart from Law and Order and a couple of other things. Maybe perfect for Jack? She is the only possible partner for him, right now, that I would not be disgusted with. I wish Phyllis and Nick would get back together; neither needs to be back on the market. One thing - the show wardrobe people seem to hate Old Red. Her clothes entertain.

A woman his own age? Syph doesn't count since she's a hot young vixen

21 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

And screwed his Victor'sgranddaughter who was barely out of her teens, while or shortly after he was screwing her mother.

Out of sheer meanness - she thought she loved him and he rolled off and told her it was just revenge for her mom cheating on him. Even Dumber didn't deserve that. 

><><

And Please.... Stich is still lurking around and if Jack does get with Syph (gag) couldn't the trifecta of cray come to town as Kelly turns up and it turns out SHE is the blond woman the witness saw on the road Delia was hit  --  Victor was told and thought it was drunk Nikki -- It Would SO explain Victor's OTT treatment of ADAM and besides Delia's ghost shouldn't be the only one telling Butt it was his Fault. 

And it would make Billy's head explode. Bonus!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

The straw that broke Billy's back, the one thing that twisted his knickers most and made him stomp his feet and walk out the door, was Jill calling him "impulsive".  Impulsive!  That was probably the kindest thing Jill could have said about him!

I think Amanda slipped and called Imani "Naya".  Oopsy! Too much champagne!  It was hilarious when they were trying to speak softly to keep from waking Hickory, but Imani's indoor voice is still like living near an airport.

4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Does Jill still own the Chancellor estate?

So COO of CI isn't good enough for Little Lord Fauntleroy. This guy. Meanwhile, didn't the Locke Ness Monster nickname for Ashland originate here, on this forum? Was that a shout out?

Jill still does own the house.  I can't remember if it was Abby or Chance who asked if they could live there, but Jill agreed since she travels so much.

The "Locke Ness Monster" moniker originated in the show before Ashland arrived in GC.  Kyle mentioned it when he was telling Mariah about his affair with Tara, and Ashland's ruthless reputation and appetite for revenge. 

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Does the guy playing nununuChance think he is auditioning for the stoner role in Fast Times at Ridgemont High?  Or is there medical reason for his blank eyes and slack facial muscles?

Well, the poor guy is playing his first scenes against Bird brain Barbie and her constant nattering, so I wouldn't begrudge the guy a few tokes off set to get through those scenes.

I only hope he's passing the joint to Melissa every now and then so she can get through it too.

Show is becoming a good argument for widespread legalization of weed.

• LOL 15
  • Love 5

Wasn’t the lady in Spain Signy Coleman, who played Adam’s mother Hope? Sure looked like her, but I’m not familiar with Roxanne Hart.

Don’t like NoChance. Shut up about your mission—that you said “oh, nvm” after 10 minutes of Abby’s whining. 
Also, Victor found out that Abby was okay from Jill’s voicemail?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Out of sheer meanness - she thought she loved him and he rolled off and told her it was just revenge for her mom cheating on him. Even Dumber didn't deserve that. 

Did she though? I remember her going after Billy like a heat-seeking missile when she first came back to town and found out he and Phyllis were a couple. Show may have backed off of that angle a bit, but I don't remember Summer ever really thinking she was in love with him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I think Amanda slipped and called Imani "Naya".  Oopsy! Too much champagne!

She's done that before and I'm wondering if it's an inside joke between the actresses. What also cracks me up is how Amanda and Imani both do the same movements with their hands. Like it's in the genes or something.

It was hilarious when they were trying to speak softly to keep from waking Hickory, but Imani's indoor voice is still like living near an airport.

Yeah, Imani is usually turned up to 11. Wonder if they're going to let her keep flirting with Nate?

Shut up about your mission—that you said “oh, nvm” after 10 minutes of Abby’s whining.

That plus the walk he took around the block to think about things. Over on another soap board they're floating a speculation that he and Kim have been having an affair, lol. I think it's more likely that he has a lovely senorita who's been tending to his emotional and physical wounds and he had to end things with her before returning to GC. Yeah, that's the ticket! 😉

I remember her going after Billy like a heat-seeking missile when she first came back to town and found out he and Phyllis were a couple. Show may have backed off of that angle a bit, but I don't remember Summer ever really thinking she was in love with him.

I think Summer was sort of crushing on him, plus she was trying to prove she could "steal" Billy from her mother. (Didn't Summer and Kyle have some kind of weird bet about that?) Billy resisted her until he decided to use her to get back at Phyllis for cheating on him with Nick.

• Love 7