Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Wasn't there a smallish one at Crimson Lights, or was that the year before?  I remember Tessa and Mariah were Sonny and Cher, and Kyle had some lame cop-out non-costume.  

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

So Chance might have been in that building that exploded in Valencia, Spain??  I KNEW it!  That damned Oranges Cartel is at it again.

Chance was probably all juiced up putting the Squeeze on them, and now he's nothin' but Pulp.

He should've had a V-8.

• LOL 20
  • Love 1

It's really jarring how obviously MS has to try to put her "character" (herself) over as some fierce, hot bombshell.  Whatever their other flaws, I don't think any other actress on the show comes close to doing this, and it's gross.

We're lucky we didn't get oxymoronic thought bubbles above Nick's befuddled expression today, filled with Xbox, Doritos, and monster movies as he's being questioned.  But then maybe that would get it through both of these middle aged idiots heads' that they have nothing in common and probably don't even like each other.  

It's weird but whenever Abby and Victor share scenes, they don't have any father/daughter chemistry to me.  While Victor certainly does with Victoria. 

Tessa is probably my favorite character on this show at the moment, so just waiting for the hammer to drop and her doing something ridiculous and out of character.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, boes said:

So Chance might have been in that building that exploded in Valencia, Spain??  I KNEW it!  That damned Oranges Cartel is at it again.

Chance was probably all juiced up putting the Squeeze on them, and now he's nothin' but Pulp.

He should've had a V-8.

J8pw48V.gif

A V-8. No words.

I call Phyllis’s dress The Naked Dress.  The way she was sitting, I was waiting for her cash and prizes were going to flop out. 

I choose Door Number 3.

Yeah those are some cash and prizes nobody wants. Nobody with any sense. anyway. Looking at you, Jack and Nick.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a1db600f8faec69fb3

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3

That dress of Phyllis’ is buttass fugly. Terrible colour on her, waaaaay too tight and very unprofessional for the owner of a supposedly decent hotel. Did MS look at funhouse mirror and see stunning while in that outfit? She looks a HAM 

Nu Noah is so zen. Hope he’s staying. The actor fits right in so far with everyone he has had scenes with. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 17

You all see where they're going with Mariah, don't you? They're going to steer her to yet another Baby Stealing psycho because she's already intimating that Bowie/Dominick is 'already showing signs of emotional distress'. BULLSHIT Mariah, you idiot moron! He's being a baby, period. End of story. Babies cry all the damn time and you best be sure you don't know what the hell the problem is because, yanno, BABIES DON'T TALK! So girl, take five seats and STFU because aint no way Dom's baby daddy being dead is going to mean you get to claim your prize. Say what you want about sAbby, she's not going to hand over Dom to Mariah because Chance is dead and now she doesn't want the baby....Jesus H. Christ writers, this is utter shit.

I actually am so bored with nuNoah. The dude always acts like he's five kinds of stoned, barely enunciating in complete sentences, and always with this depressed look on his face. I miss the bubly old Noah. This guy is an 88 year old Miami geriatric in a hot body. And just bump uglies with Tessa already and let's get it over with shall we? We all know that's also coming from miles away because monkeys can't do subtle at all, I mean, they throw their feces at the wall so how can they write subtle storylines, they cant.

Edited by gingerella
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, JNavarro said:

It's really jarring how obviously MS has to try to put her "character" (herself) over as some fierce, hot bombshell.  Whatever their other flaws, I don't think any other actress on the show comes close to doing this, and it's gross.

We're lucky we didn't get oxymoronic thought bubbles above Nick's befuddled expression today, filled with Xbox, Doritos, and monster movies as he's being questioned.  But then maybe that would get it through both of these middle aged idiots heads' that they have nothing in common and probably don't even like each other.  

It's weird but whenever Abby and Victor share scenes, they don't have any father/daughter chemistry to me.  While Victor certainly does with Victoria. 

granpa/grand daughter chem?

22 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Tessa is probably my favorite character on this show at the moment, so just waiting for the hammer to drop and her doing something ridiculous and out of character.  

Has anyone else noticed that he and Tessa look a lot like brother and sister - gah if they had a baby it would look like that pretty Chalamet (SP) Dune kid... or a betsywetsy with cheek bones

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

You all see where they're going with Mariah, don't you? They're going to steer her to yet another Baby Stealing psycho because she's already intimating that Bowie/Dominick is 'already showing signs of emotional distress'. BULLSHIT Mariah, you idiot moron! He's being a baby, period. End of story. Babies cry all the damn time and you best be sure you don't know what the hell the problem is because, yanno, BABIES DON'T TALK! So girl, take five seats and STFU because aint no way Dom's baby daddy being dead is going to mean you get to claim your prize. Say what you want about sAbby, she's not going to hand over Dom to Mariah because Chance is dead and now she doesn't want the baby....Jesus H. Christ writers, this is utter shit.

I actually am so bored with nuNoah. The dude always acts like he's five kinds of stoned, barely enunciating in complete sentences, and always with this depressed look on his face. I miss the bubly old Noah. This guy is an 88 year old Miami geriatric in a hot body. And just bump uglies with Tessa already and let's get it over with shall we? We all know that's also coming from miles away because monkeys can't do subtle at all, I mean, they throw their feces at the wall so how can they write subtle storylines, they cant.

I sorta agree with you about nuNoah. I really liked him his first week. Now, a week or two later he is wayyyyyy too zen. When he was talking with Tessa in the park I thought he was stoned and/or drunk rather than just finishing a run. He’s not a horrible actor by any means but either he’s playing zen or he’s been given the direction to do so. I’ll give it another month or so to see if there any changes made with the direction of his character. 

• Love 8

I don’t know how many James Bond fans are on this thread and I’m thinking that TIIC charge are James Bond fans. I say this because the plot of Ashland and Jesse resembles the plot of James Bond and the villain Blofeld. Since “Spectre”was a 2015 film and the prequel to the new James Bond film “No Time to Die” I had to rewatch it to refresh my memory of the history behind the new James Bond film. Jesse was jealous of Ashland because his father paid more attention to Ashland than he did to him. Like Jesse, Blofeld was jealous of James Bond because, after James Bond parents were killed in a climbing accident, Bloefeld’s father took care of James.  Also like Ashland, James was favored over the biological son. Unlike Jesse though, Blofeld killed his father and was determined to kill James.  On the other hand Jesse only blackmail Ashland and wanted to ruin his reputation.  Art imitates art. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 3

Jack the blue bird of happiness just took a dump all over Ashland and Olive. Jack after realizing he’s still in love with Rodan the Perty, Jack has become a Debbie Downer.  Jack is still in love with an old hag, Rodan the Petty, when he could of been in a relationship with a young beautiful vibrant Sally the Red Hot Chile Pepper. 

Six months of Abby obsessing over Chance being gone is now going to turn into six months of mourning Chance?  What I hate most about this whole storyline is what TIIC have done to Mariah. They have taken a strong minded independent woman and turned her into another Abby an overly obsessive neurotic selfish young woman that can hardly navigate life. 

What is Banana Breath the Gorilla’s malfunction. He has to protect his family from whatever chaos Adam and Victor are planning. Does Banana Breath the Gorilla think that Adam would be meeting, in public, with Victor’s security man if it wasn’t part of a plan.  Banana Breath the Gorilla is so darn full of himself now thinking that he has to protect Olive from Adam and Victor.  How can anyone eat lunch with Rodan the Petty and Banana Breath the Gorilla?  They are two large assholes and don’t take a shower after sex 🤭

Do you know why Bowie cries so much?  Abby never changes his diaper.  Can she please fake it one time. 

Sharon?? Of all people Sharon??  Wouldn’t Devon be a better person to talk to Abby?  After all Devon is an ordained minister who has experience dealing with a loss loved one while Sharon is a hack psychologist. 

Yes Rodan the Petty, what’s a little blackmail among friends because attempted murder and hacking is far more justified among enemies. 

Why was only the wedding ring brought to Abby, by Christine, wasn’t there a watch, with Chance’s name on it also?  

• Love 9

Geez, Jack has become quite the yenta. You'd think sitting around gossiping was his job now. 🙄

Meh, I'm completely over Abby getting the vapors because Chance is missing, ever since

Spoiler

I've seen the photos of the actor hired to play nuChance. Sure hope TPTB vetted this one upside-down and sideways. Bet his social media is under tighter guard than Fort Knox.

Sally's right. Adam's personalities are like a box of chocolates: you never know which one you're going to get. At least she has a sense of humor about it.

Oh no, Sally. You seriously better stay off the Gaines thing. That's some next level Newmans vs. Billy Abbott ish and it's no joke.

Yikes, that shiny skirt wasn't doing Nikki any favors, especially the rear view. 😼

Poor Tater, stuck in a room full of buzzkill. And he doesn't even know the guy they were all having a sad about.

Heh, Nick is jealous because his daddy's top investigator guy is cheating on him with Adam. And in public too! 🤠

Sharon? She's exactly what Abby needs. Not. I think Abby'd be better off chugging a bottle of Victor's premium tequila than take counseling from the dimestore therapist. 🤨

I see what Mariah's doing. She's going to try to use Sharon to make a case that Abby isn't mentally fit to deal with Tater right now. Mariah, girrrrrrl. Like the Newmans and Abbotts will sit by and let you try to snatch him. You are bonkers. 🍌🍌🥜🥜🥴

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 17

Those skirts on Nikki and Sharon today. Woof! Does the show's stylist shop at Forever 21? Neither of them were dressed age appropriately. Speaking of age appropriate, I know it's a soap, but does Phyllis really need to vine jump to Jack because she's no longer happy with Nick? Couldn't she take some time to explore her part in this failing relationship? And Jack, being the oversolicitous fount of wisdom to all, could suggest as much at least.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8

Wow, the tedium is reaching new heights.  I kept getting distracted by Phyllis' flat-ironed nipples.  It feels like Phick have been having the same conversation for weeks now, and Abby has been moping about Chance for what seems lIke forever .  Tessa and Mariah have been reduced to a Greek chorus for Chabby.  What a waste.  The only bright spot was Adam and Sally, who play off each other amazingly well.  More of this, please! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 19
On 10/29/2021 at 9:31 PM, Snaporaz said:

What a riveting Friday cliffhanger episode.  The only thing I learned is that the Prop Department must have been given a budget increase, because the role of Dominic Philip Newman Abbott Mergeron Foster Webster Winters Hamilton Chancellor XV is now being played by a lumbar pillow. And I think it's memory foam, so they really splurged.       

How dumb and delusional is Nick?  He actually believes there is more to his relationship with Phyllis than video games and sex! 😂  Dude, just break out the Atari and have a Grand Theft Auto tournament and this little tiff will be history. 

What happened to the annual Halloween party episode?  I always look forward to the costumes.  That's one thing this show has been consistently good at.

Couldnt they invest in a Baby Alive or  Thumbelina  so at least it moves?

Edited by xls
corrected spellig
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Those skirts on Nikki and Sharon today. Woof! Does the show's stylist shop at Forever 21? 

I wore wide-ribbed shirts (though not as low cut; some were turtlenecks) with mini skirts and wide belts in the late 1960s when I was in my mid-teens.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, boes said:

For instance, right after Abby got the ring - which she can hold with his watch they found on Friday - the doorbell would ring and an FBI agent would show up with his shoes.  Then, after the next commercial break, another one would show up with his windbreaker.  A few minutes later, another agent brings in his shirt.  Another knock on the door, this time they've found his pants.

Didn't the mausoleum always have a solid wooden door, not a door with a cheap translucent panel?  In only a few days we've seen the vague outlines of uninvited visitors Prictor, Ashley, Pristine, Mariah & Tessa, Devon.  I'm expecting we'll see an outline of nuChance soon after all hope has been lost.  For decades we've never seen anybody behind the solid door.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, deirdra said:

Didn't the mausoleum always have a solid wooden door, not a door with a cheap translucent panel?  In only a few days we've seen the vague outlines of uninvited visitors Prictor, Ashley, Pristine, Mariah & Tessa, Devon.  I'm expecting we'll see an outline of nuChance soon after all hope has been lost.  For decades we've never seen anybody behind the solid door.

Looking up old scenes of the Chancellor Mansion, the front door has been the same. What is confusing is that when you look up a picture of the outside of Chancellor Mansion it does show a solid white door. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 3

Omg. Are there any worse portrayals of medical professionals than Nate and Sharon? No wonder Abby mostly rejected any sort of help they offered. She knows from their track records that as soon as they leave her, they will be blabbing her business all over town. Disgusting......could one of the "wise men"-LOL- (Jack/Devon) please confront them about their failure to comprehend something so basic as patient confidentiality?

Edited by Julyolo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
58 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

This whole Chance is dead story line is killing me. Is it possible to die of boredom?

Between that,

and this,

giphy.gif

Show is doing its best to prove they are the Leader in death-induced boredom.

• LOL 18
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

This whole Chance is dead story line is killing me. Is it possible to die of boredom?

You've got to give MO some credit; she's trying very hard (And that dream sequence was terrible), but TIIC can't write their way out of the corner they've created, so they keep dragging out the inevitable (Like listening to Nick and Phyllis drone on about their inability to admit that he's a jealous, whining child and she's deaf to anything but her own concerns).

Mariah and Darvon are looking to anoint themselves Bowie's guardian ad litem to fix what's missing in them; which is something Bowie cannot fix and a position they don't belong. Victor and Ashley are carefully giving Abby time to accept Chance Go Boom!, with the useless assist of Sharon (Shut It, you stupid, gossiping bint!) and Dr, Nate Natety Nate Nate Nate Nate, who made the most sense of the two, having suffered personal loss, and calling Abby on feeding her delusions and not taking care of herself since Chance left. 

When everyone, with no say in what Abby is or is not capable of, make their individual decisions what will transpire for Abby and Bowie, Abby steps up and comforts her son.

As much as I love Mariah, if she doesn't realize her Baby Rabies is a personal obsession and not a call to protect Bowie from imagined problems, takes one step toward usurping Abby's maternal rights, her character will be ruined. 

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 14

I wish MO was a better actress. Sure, she's skinny and blonde, but I wish there was more criteria when they hire actresses. Today's all Abby episode was pathetic and annoying. I didn't feel sad for Abby, I felt sad for me for watching.

Why does the sperm donor get to hold the salami and spend time alone with it when the surrogate is chased away with torches and brooms? Neither of them are the legal parents/guardians. And the salami has three living grandparents and a nanny and an uncle and an aunt and a great aunt and a great uncle. I don't see the logic of all of this sperm donor involvement. It's not like Chance won't be back. It's not like Abby and Chance will be killed off. It's not like Abby will dump Chance for the sperm donor. What's it leading to - Darvon getting baby rabies and demanding Hilary 7.0 pop one out? And if she refuses he goes after her sister? That's too dull even for these MWTs. What's the point? Because whatever it is, assuming there is a point to it, isn't very interesting to watch.

Now that the wedding is over has that story line devolved into a death watch?

Why isn't anyone doing anything interesting?

The only thing I'm interested in is Sally and Adam, because of their chemistry, and of course there's always the faint hope that Nikki will go back on the bottle.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11

The only thing I'm interested in is Sally and Adam, because of their chemistry, and of course there's always the faint hope that Nikki will go back on the bottle.

There's always that. This is how low we've sunk. Look at what you've done to us Show! Look and be ashamed! *shakes tiny fist*

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

Why does the sperm donor get to hold the salami and spend time alone with it when the surrogate is chased away with torches and brooms? Neither of them are the legal parents/guardians. And the salami has three living grandparents and a nanny and an uncle and an aunt and a great aunt and a great uncle.

Let's see if I figure who those relatives are.

Three grandparents. Victor, Ashley, Nina. However it is four since Phillip is alive somewhere.

Uncle and Aunt - Nick and Victoria. But also technically Adam and Ronan.

Great Aunt and Great Uncle. Tracy and Jack. I assume that you forgot about Billy. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Three grandparents. Victor, Ashley, Nina. However it is four since Phillip is alive somewhere.

Great Aunt and Great Uncle. Tracy and Jack. I assume that you forgot about Billy. 

Where does Jill fit into this?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Where does Jill fit into this?

She is the great-grandmother to rolled up blanket. Lauren would be Great Great Aunt. And I totally forgot that Billy would also be Great Uncle via Chance too.

Edited by nilyank
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, nilyank said:

She is the great-grandmother to rolled up blanket. Lauren would be Great Great Aunt. And I totally forgot that Billy would also be Great Uncle via Chance too.

Understandable, I forget about him most of the time too.

• LOL 12

Natey Nate Nate the doctor for all seasons had given up his position as Chief of Surgery to become a concierge doctor for the rich and famous.  

Devon, Bowie actually knows nothing that’s going on around him for the first two months. Bowie’s swaddling is his basic sense of security. 

What separates Abby being overly dramatic about Chance and Mariah being overly dramatic about Bowie is that fact that Mariah makes it seem real while Abby doesn’t. Every day TIIC make Mariah more and more neurotic and that really really pisses me off. 

Give me a break Devon, absorbing negative energy?  Bowie is hardly aware of his surroundings at his age. 

• Love 8

Okay, Ashley was working those skinny jeans. Good for her. 😺

Oh dear, Devon and Tessa looking at each other like, "Can you believe this mess?" when Mariah kept going on about Tater's well-being. And then Tater was like,"I know, right? Don't leave me alone with the redheaded psycho. I'm scared!"

IIRC, Ashley has mentally fallen apart more than once, and most often because of Victor. I guess the two of them consider it water under the bridge now but I didn't like how Victor sounded kind of cavalier about it today.

Nate is the chief of surgery but the Newmans still treat him like their personal consierge doctor. Victor actually told him what to prescribe for Abby. Sure Victor, right after you show Nate your degree from medical school. 🙄

Low-dose anti-anxiety medication. Pssht. Nate should've just given Abby some CBD gummies. She can probably get those over-the-counter without any intervention by a high-ranking member of the hospital administration.

Look at Sharon running her mouth to Devon about Abby's emotional condition. I'm not sure she's bound by HIPAA rules but still, isn't that kind of unethical on her part?

Whoa, the big ol' boner Nate had sprung when he stood up from the couch! The camera was right on it! How did that get by the censors? 🤯🤯🤯🤯

Aw geez, did I need to see a big artsy fartsy fantasy segment starring Abby? I'm gonna go ahead and say hail nah.

Today might be the first time I wanted to punch Mariah right in the neck. Dominic is not your baby, you self-entitled nutbag! Get over it!!!!!

So was Abby expecting Chance to fall out of the hotel ceiling again, lol? Funny how the show couldn't use any of the old footage for flashbacks but they still went there.

Sharon, come get your oldest daughter, please. I think she's doing a good imitation of a plate of scrambled eggs but I don't find it appetizing. 🤮

• Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

I forgot Little Phillip was still alive. And fabulous.

I did forget about Adam and Ronan.

I ALWAYS forget about Billy. At least I try to. It's hard to believe he's related to anyone. Or that he's human even.

And we may as well throw Lily in there as an aunt since she's the sperm donor's adopted sister, or however that's phrased. And then there are any of the sperm donor's blood relatives, like Anna, who would be something or the other to the salami.

Maybe it would be easier to list to whom the salami is not related, in one way or another.

Edited by SweePea59
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Why does the sperm donor get to hold the salami and spend time alone with it when the surrogate is chased away with torches and brooms? Neither of them are the legal parents/guardians. 

Team Baby trusts Rev. Darvon's peaceful assistance over Mariah's admission she's had a profound change and is having difficulties.

Darvon hasn't showed any of the scary hormonal emotionalism that Mariah has demonstrated. Remember Mariah had to leave the Chancellor Mansion because she couldn't handle the mental and physical upheaval gestating, giving birth, and the nursing program put her under.

Rev. Darvon has repeated his calm and beatific homilies without a whisper of what his genuine feelings are for Bowie until today, he talked about losing his Hillary baby and questioned if it was a good idea (did he mean safe?) to return Bowie to Abby. But when Abby woke up and immediately embraced Bowie to comfort him, I think Rev. Darvon was a little disappointed he wasn't needed to play his Baby Whisperer Routine

And the salami has three living grandparents and a nanny and an uncle and an aunt and a great aunt and a great uncle. I don't see the logic of all of this sperm donor involvement.

Bowie has plenty of people perfectly capable of caring for him and assisting Abby with the Chance Go Boom! situation.

Mariah is still under the stress of pregnancy/birth/milk production and untreated PTSD from the kidnapping. For every self-treatment for those stresses, she takes three steps back absorbed in real/imagined dangers for Bowie's welfare. Her certainty that she's the only person able to protect Bowie is irrational, but that's where her head is at. Tessa can barely reel her back in from her flight of fear over Bowie.

Rev. Darvon is trusted by Abby and family, because he hasn't made a point of making his emotional ties to Bowie or make his position more significant to Team Baby. Darvon's a helper.

It's not like Chance won't be back. It's not like Abby and Chance will be killed off. It's not like Abby will dump Chance for the sperm donor.

Chance will reappear. That's already been loudly telegraphed by Abby's dialogue today.

What's it leading to - Darvon getting baby rabies and demanding Hilary 7.0 pop one out? And if she refuses he goes after her sister? That's too dull even for these MWTs.

I think Rev. Darvon will spend more time with Abby and Bowie, taking on a more direct and active paternal role (While Hillary 2.0 is busy with her father's murder trial). Darvon groused many times how he disagreed with Chance leaving Abby for the mission, now is his opportunity to father his biological son. Chance will return. Darvon will fight back. Abby will be confused and guilty for leaning on Darvon.

What's the point? Because whatever it is, assuming there is a point to it, isn't very interesting to watch.

There isn't one. 

TIIC can come up with a good SL, but are terrible at writing a interesting story arc that doesn't devolve into crap, ending abruptly with no purpose in mind.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Look at Sharon running her mouth to Devon about Abby's emotional condition. I'm not sure she's bound by HIPAA rules but still, isn't that kind of unethical on her part?

I'm not sure that the Baraboo Clown and Psychiatry College is bound by HIPAA rules.  I'm sure Sharon IS authorized to wear funny shoes and flowers that squirt water and make balloon animals.  Calling her for psychiatric advice makes about as much sense as consulting Nick for grooming tips or asking Phyllis how she stays so calm.

Does everyone in Genoa City understand Abby JUST GOT TOLD A FEW HOURS AGO that Chance was most likely kaput?  Do they think she should be signing up for Harmony.com or seeing if there's a Singles Cheese-making group she could attend?  It's only been a few hours and these ghouls are already dissing her mental state, ready to divide the baby up into parts.

Fuck Dr. Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate and Sharon for being so offended that Abby didn't kiss their asses that they're already casting doubt on her ability to take care of salami log.  That meat IS processed, you nudniks and it can last unrefrigerated longer than you think.  I mean, the baby will be fine.

Devon - "Absorb the negative emotions" - seriously???  I'm almost at the point that I can't stand seeing that low-talking sperm donor on screen anymore.  Mariah is damn close to batshit crazy but Devon is just as bad in his own way.  He might want to remember when Nate and Elena bullied him into getting rid of Hilary's belongings and memories.

Uggg, these people.

I like Melissa Ordway, not sure why but I do.  I can't really blame her for not being able to pull off this epic crapfest.  But it IS a crapfest.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, boes said:

Does everyone in Genoa City understand Abby JUST GOT TOLD A FEW HOURS AGO that Chance was most likely kaput?  Do they think she should be signing up for Harmony.com or seeing if there's a Singles Cheese-making group she could attend? 

Yeah, it does seem weird that they want her to get over it the same damn day. You'd think Ashley would be a bit more understanding.

Maybe Mariah and the sperm donor will reconnect to make a baby of their own, leaving Tessa vulnerable to Noah's dull charms. Back to the boring couples they used to be.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Mariah is still under the stress of pregnancy/birth/milk production and untreated PTSD from the kidnapping. For every self-treatment for those stresses, she takes three steps back absorbed in real/imagined dangers for Bowie's welfare. Her certainty that she's the only person able to protect Bowie is irrational, but that's where her head is at. Tessa can barely reel her back in from her flight of fear over Bowie.

The fact that she's not in therapy is bothering me a lot. And Mommy Dr. Quackenbush doesn't count. Well, only to ten.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3

To some of your points, the way everyone is pushing Abby to move on just telegraphs that Chance is alive.  Hooray, I guess.  Not exactly subtle, but I'm not sure the writing is even trying on this one.

MO is underrated as an actress, IMO, but I don't think anyone could save this from being absolute crap right now.  

• Love 10

Props to Melissa Ordway for trying to make this SL more bearable but sis.....Don't waste your energy. The writers sure as hell aren't gonna. 

I get the purpose of the dream sequence but FFS did she really need to hold that phone up and talk to it? I feel like the only thing missing was a laugh track. 

1 hour ago, boes said:

Does everyone in Genoa City understand Abby JUST GOT TOLD A FEW HOURS AGO that Chance was most likely kaput?  Do they think she should be signing up for Harmony.com or seeing if there's a Singles Cheese-making group she could attend?  It's only been a few hours and these ghouls are already dissing her mental state, ready to divide the baby up into parts.

And that part ^^^ I absolutely hate the forced/rushed grief tope but this just takes it to a whole new level of irritation for me. Even if he is alive they don't know that yet. 

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, TeamGabi said:

I get the purpose of the dream sequence but FFS did she really need to hold that phone up and talk to it? I feel like the only thing missing was a laugh track. 

1 hour ago, boes said:

That was silly as she monologued all the key moments of her romance with Chance and they couldn't show a single clip because that actor was fired.

Spoiler

But since they hired a new Chance (whom is gorgeous), they should have should have recreated those moments with the new actor rather than have Abby walking and talking to herself in that daffy way about her and Chance.

Edited by nilyank
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
On 10/28/2021 at 2:42 PM, peacheslatour said:

I'm really liking NuNoah. He was so sweet with Sharon and when Negative Nick lumbered in to wet blanket their conversation, he gave some really mature advice. It's so gratifying when your kid grows up and turns into a really cool person. One time, our hairdresser was bemoaning the state of her relationship, my son had some great words of comfort and wisdom for her, that made me so proud.

I'm still trying to figure out how Noah and Faith turned out to be fairly intelligent kids despite their parents. Did the stupid just canceled out or what?

On 10/28/2021 at 7:06 PM, deirdra said:

I remember when oldNoah was dating someone and NeanderNick did a PSA on safe sex.  Noah said they were already using protection. A couple of weeks later Nick & Whatshername created unexpected Christian on drop cloths on the floor. Noah needs to have the sex talk to educate his father if Nick finds a more fertile woman after driving Phylly away.

That was Sage, with her lizard toes.

On 10/28/2021 at 11:37 PM, Snaporaz said:

I don't usually comment on the fashions because I really don't care, but I have to ask...were those "=" sign creases on the nippulary area of the breasticle section of Phyllis' dress an intentional design feature?   

Poorly placed or made bust darts can poke out. I doubt that it was intentional, as it would be a bad look for whoever sewn the dress.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:31 PM, Snaporaz said:

What happened to the annual Halloween party episode?  I always look forward to the costumes.  That's one thing this show has been consistently good at.

There was Halloween decorations for like one day, then nothing.

On 10/29/2021 at 11:16 PM, JNavarro said:

She likely realizes that she's a butterface and is overcompensating for that. Some women oversexualize themselves if they're insecure about their looks.

9 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I watch the show on the CBS site. When I hovered over the timeline for today's episode, I just knew that is was boring. I don't think I can handle it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

The reason poor Bowie is crying is because he’s being suffocated by the blue blanket, he has a big doodle in his diaper and he’s embarrassed by wearing that prophylactic hat.  

The writing is pathetic with all this crapola about Bowie being around all this negative energy.  FFS, he’s a few weeks old and his only concern is his next meal, having a clean diaper and getting a great nap.  Also, babies are wriggle worms, but that kid is as stiff as a board. 

Maybe Mariah will contact Dr Dipshit to kidnap her and Bowie again.  Then she can fulfill her promise to protect the little spud.  As an aside, that dress did Mariah no favors.  When you see belly buttons under a dress means you need a bigger size or a good pair of Spanx. 

• Useful 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Zemiar said:

I'm still trying to figure out how Noah and Faith turned out to be fairly intelligent kids despite their parents. Did the stupid just canceled out or what?

I think so is Mariah (not including her present storyline) and Cassie was pretty smart and they are all Sharon's kids with 2 of them with Nick. While Nick's other child Summer is Dummer.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

My recollection of the last conversation Nick and Phyllis had wasn't as earthshattering as they seem to be telling Jack, Sharon, and Noah. I find their need to give immediate updates on their catastrophes (to their former significant others) to be the most telling trait of how dysfunctional each of them would be in ANY relationship. Like 8th grade all over again.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, Zemiar said:

There was Halloween decorations for like one day, then nothing.

And then they had the nerve to tell us that Johnny and Katie were so cute in their costumes. For Pete's sake, they could have had the kids come by the coffee house so Sharin could pour a decaf pumpkin spice latte into their little trick or treat bags. It really annoyed me to only hear about it. It's a tv show. That means show us what's happening.

I didn't think there would be a worse episode than yesterday's All Abby episode, and even though that felt like a new low they managed to outdo themselves today with an even lower low. Syph and Dick-in-a-box yelling at each other in phony flashbacks? Why would anyone want to see that? It was obnoxious and hateful. That made feel like I don't want to watch this anymore.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I didn't think there would be a worse episode than yesterday's All Abby episode, and even though that felt like a new low they managed to outdo themselves today with an even lower low. Syph and Dick-in-a-box yelling at each other in phony flashbacks? Why would anyone want to see that? It was obnoxious and hateful. That made feel like I don't want to watch this anymore.

I feel the same way. I really only tune in for Mariah and Tessa and now they've ruined them Bleh.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, boes said:

Devon - "Absorb the negative emotions" - seriously???  I'm almost at the point that I can't stand seeing that low-talking sperm donor on screen anymore.  Mariah is damn close to batshit crazy but Devon is just as bad in his own way.  He might want to remember when Nate and Elena bullied him into getting rid of Hilary's belongings and memories.

Uggg, these people.

I like Melissa Ordway, not sure why but I do.  I can't really blame her for not being able to pull off this epic crapfest.  But it IS a crapfest.

I agree that everyone was pushing Abby to move way too fast in the grieving process!  I expect there is a plot point reason for that - we'll see.

Regardless, the episode was a hot mess and I felt bad for MO having to slog through that fiasco. 

However ... far be it from me to defend some of Devon’s questionable words and actions, but there is a big difference between the mini-intervention Nate and Ana staged for him and the collective current reactions to Abby. Abby’s loss is NOW.  The intervention with Devon came eleven months after Hilary’s death and was prompted by one of Devon’s debilitating panic attacks.

If Devon remembers anything, he should remember all the time he was given for his stages of grief – eleven months - before NATE AND ANA talked at Crimson Lights and decided to confront him on the way he was hanging onto to Hilary’s belongings (not his memories – no one suggested he forget her).  

As for Elena, her being “blamed” for the intervention has become one of the false alternative facts that has permeated “memories” of that time.  Just as you like MO, I like Brytni and like to correct one of the longheld misconceptions about her story on YR.  

Elena did NOT plan the intervention – that was done by Nate and Ana at Crimson Lights while she was talking to Devon at the penthouse.  Elena did NOT attend the planning or the  intervention.  She arrived home AFTER the intervention and her first reaction was that Nate and Ana may have rushed Devon – that he may not been ready. 

As well, during that prior penthouse conversation with Devon, Elena was upset – upset with Devon because he couldn’t see that he wasn’t over Hilary and because he couldn’t understand why she said that they had slept together too soon.  As for Hilary’s things, when Devon asked her if she wanted him to get rid of them, she said “No.”  And continued with “I want you to grieve however you need to, however long you need to.” 

Elena gave Devon lots of room to grieve and, just as in other Hilamanda issues between them, what she asked for most from Devon was his honesty about his feelings - something he usually failed to give until it was too late.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 9