Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I actually liked the final scene of Billy & Victor and the fade out wide shot. Of course, Victor (and, Eric Braden) always have to win but I did like how Jason Thompson played the scene by admitting defeat. That said, I do hope Victor and Adam do have their comeuppance later on but I liked how it played out today.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Was Devon flirting with Nikki during their scene yesterday?  I'm not sure what they were going for, but what the hell, at this point.

It also looked like ButtBiscuit was manspreading to Victor during their "dramatic" confrontation yesterday.  

Pretty much just observing wholly inappropriate things in an attempt to make this show entertaining.  

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, peacheslatour said:
20 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Didn't Sharin and RealBilly just do it once at the GCAC while he was drunk on the night before he was supposed to marry someone?

Yep. He was supposed to marry Chloe.

And.....Sharin was the last minute Maid/Made/Matron of honor at the wedding.  Good times!

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

What’s wrong with this picture of Abby chartering a jet to Majorca Spain. First of all the Jet needs a certain range and probably will have to be refueled at least once. Second it would have to be over water certified as would the pilot. Lastly and above all, a flight plan would have to be filed with the FAA and a manifest of passengers would have to be included. Oh, I almost forgot. Even if Abby pays cash, there would be a bank record of the withdrawal.  So no Abby, discretion is not really an option.  

Lily you and Nostrils the Weasel weaponize Jesse the Rat in the first place but the weapon malfunctioned and blew up in your face. No Lily, it’s not all about Victor’s long standing aggression against Nostrils the Weasel it’s also about Ashland’s new founded aggression against Nostrils the Weasel for trying to “protect” Olive Oyl. 

Victor Victor Victor I implore you not to take Nostrils the Weasel up on his offer to resign. I believe as much as you hate Nostrils the Weasel, you would want to fold ChanceCom into NM. Nostrils the Weasel stepping down would only be symbolic and could work in the shadows with Lily. 

Some newsman Nostrils the Weasel that you had to find out from Jack that Chance was possibly in a building that was blown up. That had to be all over the wire services. Maybe not that Chance was there but the blown up building by itself. 

The most amusing thing of the day was watching Lauren’s and Rodan the Petty’s conversations in slow motion with no sound. Those facial expressions that were made, by both, were hysterical. Also Ashley’s reaction to the possibility of Jack and Rodan the Petty, in front of Bowie, was Ashley giving Bowie negative vibes. Maybe not because Bowie didn’t cry. 

• Love 15

Alrighty now, Abby's finally flexing her financial muscles. She didn't need to be begging anybody to let her borrow their private jet. But what she should've done is flown to Canada or Mexico first and then chartered another jet to Europe. That likely would've made it harder to track her.

Bleh, was anyone asking to see more flashbacks of Jack tongue-bathing Phyllis? Anyone? Bueller? 😒

Must say I did like Phyllis' blowout today.

Ugh, I did not enjoy watching Ashland swinging his d!ck at Lily. Hey guy, Lily's been to prison. She ain't scared of you. 😏

Wait, what? Jack just shut Phyllis down and walked away. What cat and mouse game is he playing? I hope it's the one called, "You Cheated on Me with My Brother. 'Member That?"

Well Billy's right about one thing: Victor, Adam, and Ashland are all criminals. He should've never expected they'd do the honorable thing and back off. Naive much?

Poor Tater. One night of respite and now he's dumped back in the house of doom and gloom. He is going to have such abandonment issues when he gets older.

Jack was buzzing all over town today. Hope he drives an electric car.

The "golden standard"? Did TEB misspeak Lauren's line? Whatever, Phyllis is no official measure of any precious metal: gold, silver, platinum, pick one. I'd call her the rusty, corroded standard. 😼

If Jack and Ashley are going to Spain maybe they should take Mrs. Martinez with. All expenses covered and on bonus pay. Assuming she speaks Spanish, of course; otherwise, nm.

Sigh, Billy, you're lucky Lily loves you. Seems like she's barely hanging on by a thread though. Unilateral decisions are not your forte. 😐

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I hate Victor on the same level of vitriol that I do Sonny Corrinthos and Jason Morgan – which is a LOT- but Billy holds a special place in my heart for hate/dislike for fictitious characters.  He hasn’t suffered long enough or hard enough for the crap he’s pulled and I hope he dangles and gets blasted by people for a bit longer so it sinks in a bit that he brought this on and did this to himself and Lily.

But I will say JT’s work in Billy’s scene with Jack was heading him in a better direction. He’s right, they’re all crooks and he played dirty with them to get them, but they were better. Billy’s still kidding himself that he wanted the truth out for truth’s sake, his motivations were still self-serving, but to see Billy drop the smug for a scene was nice.

Billy trying to lay his love/protection of Victoria at Victor’s feet was hilarious and a desperate, manipulative ploy that you darn well know wouldn’t work.

Ashland wasn’t wrong in his callouts to Lily; you relied on one source for your lame ass article; you tethered yourself to a questionable man who dragged you down; Lily trying to psyche Ashland out on his being used was funny; Girl, you still trying to play grown folks games without a whit of understanding what’s going on. Ashland has his own reasons to want Victor’s head on a platter which we will hopefully get to, but he still has reason to go along with the enemy of his enemy – Billy – to squash the most urgent irritant to tackle with Victor later. I don’t even understand why Ashland bothered with Lily. Loved that he got her back by letting her know this crap wasn’t about Victor/Adam but about Victoria – and Billy said as much to Victor.

Lily, every damn body is telling you to cut Billy loose, LOL. They can’t all be wrong.

And finally, Lily snapped and let Billy have it and pointed out how his noble effort isn’t actually all that noble since he’s bailing on her and leaving her to pick up the pieces of a ruined company while Ashland, Victor, and Adam pick at ChanceComm’s carcass. She’s right to be pissed by his actions but he’s only doing what everyone warned her about as far as Billy’s concerned. He’s had second chance after second chance and still isn’t getting it right in his life; only taking people down with him when he messes up.

You know what? I’m down with an Ashley and Jack road trip to Spain!  Ashley’s reaction to Phyllis’ name was all of us, LOL.

I still say Adam should’ve been the one on Spain-capades to track down Abby and rescue Chance.  He’s playing Daddy’s Little Lackey and being blamed for executing a scheme that was pretty much at Victor’s behest. Adam was willing no doubt, but he also was fine with letting things float on until CC’s next attack. In any case rumor has it

Spoiler

Victoria’s about to butt in to play hero to Billy and steal Adam’s thunder by her and Ashland brokering their own ‘deal’ with Billy and Lily.  Just when I was starting to thaw to her.

• Love 17
55 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Alrighty now, Abby's finally flexing her financial muscles. She didn't need to be begging anybody to let her borrow their private jet. But what she should've done is flown to Canada or Mexico first and then chartered another jet to Europe. That likely would've made it harder to track her.

Bleh, was anyone asking to see more flashbacks of Jack tongue-bathing Phyllis? Anyone? Bueller? 😒

Must say I did like Phyllis' blowout today.

Ugh, I did not enjoy watching Ashland swinging his d!ck at Lily. Hey guy, Lily's been to prison. She ain't scared of you. 😏

Wait, what? Jack just shut Phyllis down and walked away. What cat and mouse game is he playing? I hope it's the one called, "You Cheated on Me with My Brother. 'Member That?"

Well Billy's right about one thing: Victor, Adam, and Ashland are all criminals. He should've never expected they'd do the honorable thing and back off. Naive much?

Poor Tater. One night of respite and now he's dumped back in the house of doom and gloom. He is going to have such abandonment issues when he gets older.

Jack was buzzing all over town today. Hope he drives an electric car.

The "golden standard"? Did TEB misspeak Lauren's line? Whatever, Phyllis is no official measure of any precious metal: gold, silver, platinum, pick one. I'd call her the rusty, corroded standard. 😼

If Jack and Ashley are going to Spain maybe they should take Mrs. Martinez with. All expenses covered and on bonus pay. Assuming she speaks Spanish, of course; otherwise, nm.

Sigh, Billy, you're lucky Lily loves you. Seems like she's barely hanging on by a thread though. Unilateral decisions are not your forte. 😐

34 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

I hate Victor on the same level of vitriol that I do Sonny Corrinthos and Jason Morgan – which is a LOT- but Billy holds a special place in my heart for hate/dislike for fictitious characters.  He hasn’t suffered long enough or hard enough for the crap he’s pulled and I hope he dangles and gets blasted by people for a bit longer so it sinks in a bit that he brought this on and did this to himself and Lily.

But I will say JT’s work in Billy’s scene with Jack was heading him in a better direction. He’s right, they’re all crooks and he played dirty with them to get them, but they were better. Billy’s still kidding himself that he wanted the truth out for truth’s sake, his motivations were still self-serving, but to see Billy drop the smug for a scene was nice.

Billy trying to lay his love/protection of Victoria at Victor’s feet was hilarious and a desperate, manipulative ploy that you darn well know wouldn’t work.

Ashland wasn’t wrong in his callouts to Lily; you relied on one source for your lame ass article; you tethered yourself to a questionable man who dragged you down; Lily trying to psyche Ashland out on his being used was funny; Girl, you still trying to play grown folks games without a whit of understanding what’s going on. Ashland has his own reasons to want Victor’s head on a platter which we will hopefully get to, but he still has reason to go along with the enemy of his enemy – Billy – to squash the most urgent irritant to tackle with Victor later. I don’t even understand why Ashland bothered with Lily. Loved that he got her back by letting her know this crap wasn’t about Victor/Adam but about Victoria – and Billy said as much to Victor.

Lily, every damn body is telling you to cut Billy loose, LOL. They can’t all be wrong.

And finally, Lily snapped and let Billy have it and pointed out how his noble effort isn’t actually all that noble since he’s bailing on her and leaving her to pick up the pieces of a ruined company while Ashland, Victor, and Adam pick at ChanceComm’s carcass. She’s right to be pissed by his actions but he’s only doing what everyone warned her about as far as Billy’s concerned. He’s had second chance after second chance and still isn’t getting it right in his life; only taking people down with him when he messes up.

You know what? I’m down with an Ashley and Jack road trip to Spain!  Ashley’s reaction to Phyllis’ name was all of us, LOL.

I still say Adam should’ve been the one on Spain-capades to track down Abby and rescue Chance.  He’s playing Daddy’s Little Lackey and being blamed for executing a scheme that was pretty much at Victor’s behest. Adam was willing no doubt, but he also was fine with letting things float on until CC’s next attack. In any case rumor has it

Hide contents

Victoria’s about to butt in to play hero to Billy and steal Adam’s thunder by her and Ashland brokering their own ‘deal’ with Billy and Lily.  Just when I was starting to thaw to her.

Joimiaroxeu and TobinAlbers - two most excellent posts!!

• Love 10

All I have to add to this most excellent commentary about today's show is how sick I am of the way ButtBiscuit treats Jack.  He invites Jack to tell him the truth and the moment he does, ButtBiscuit sneers and threatens and dismisses him.  Every time.  Why Jack puts up with his abuse is beyond me.  Different show, different network, etc., but sometimes ButtBiscuit and Jack remind me of Erica Kane and her mother Mona.

Shut it, ButtBiscuit.  The crap you've pulled on your brother is so heinous you should be happy he even talks to you.

I loved Ashley's response to Jack admitting he's interested in Phyllis again.  I'm also looking forward to Jack going with Ashley to retrieve Abby.  It's more than time for him to have something proactive to do, especially something that doesn't involve Phyllis.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Locke ness monster did bury Lily with Home Truths tho

3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The "golden standard"? Did TEB misspeak Lauren's line? Whatever, Phyllis is no official measure of any precious metal: gold, silver, platinum, pick one. I'd call her the rusty, corroded standard.

was she confused with Golden Shower?

• LOL 13

Count me in with being pleasantly surprised about Jack going along on the trip.  The guy needs something to do, and showing some initiative in something- anything- away from Phyl is a good sign.

CK is another one of those that I don't think gets quite enough credit as an actress.  She does probably phone it in sometimes. But  she really sold that visceral, boiling over anger and frustration today.  

Cannot stand how Buttbiscuit talks to Jack.  Whenever he doesn't get his ass kissed, he lashes out.  I'd feel sorry for almost anyone else in this situation, because I think most of us know that horrible, helpless feeling when every decision one after another goes wrong.  But not him, not until one of these "lessons" actually sinks in and he grows up.  

I really hope Victor doesn't wind up getting mad at Devon.  Whatever else about these two, they have a great bro chemistry.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12

You all see what these asstwat writers are going to do right? This whole baby Dom story is such utter bullshit. That baby literally doesn't know it's ass from a hole in the wall so NO Miss Darvon and Martyr Mariah, the kid is NOT suffering because his mother is grieving. Jesus H. Christ! These two fuckwits are totally angling to take Abby to court to take Dom away from her because she's unfit to be a mother. How many mofo mothers have had to grieve the loss of their partner AND take care of a newborn? I'd wager thousands, go ask the military wives club. The way these two are constantly acting like they support Abby but then always reverting to intimating that SHE'S A MOTHER AND HER BABY NEEDS HER NOW, HOW CAN SHE DO THIS, OMFG! They can fuck right off. I fucking hate Mariah and Devon right now. Moreso than old saggy balls PeePaw, and that's saying A LOT.

I can see that Tessa will not be down with this plan to shit talk Abby and take away her baby, and in a moment of angst she'll accidentally fall onto Noah's dick, again. And ya know what? Mariah will deserve that.

Abby will find Chance and he'll have head trauma or something and won't remember her because, yanno, nothing says 'we can't write our way out of a paperbag' like a lazy ass amnesia story, amiright?! There is also the chance - hehe, sorry, I had to - that Chance's death was faked because he needed to be extracted from his mission and even Cricket won't know about that part. So Abby will lay low with him, caring for him until they cast a new Chance that she can bring home, with a new face, natch, and meantime Darvon and Martyr will be having HoLarryCurly redux making plans to keep Dom forever.

FUCK.THIS.SHOW.

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15

I can see that Tessa will not be down with this plan to shit talk Abby and take away her baby, and in a moment of angst she'll accidentally fall onto Noah's dick, again. And ya know what? Mariah will deserve that.

Yep. Bonus points if Tessa ends up pregnant as a result. Then Mariah would get rewarded for bad behavior by having a new baby niece/nephew to dote upon. A baby who would also be Tater's cousin. That's about as close as she's going to get to having him, legally. (And it would give Tessa a biological attachment to a legacy family.)

FUCK.THIS.SHOW.

Aw, don't be shy. Tell us how you really feel, gingerella. Whee!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
cosigning all day
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yep. Bonus points if Tessa ends up pregnant as a result. Then Mariah would get rewarded for bad behavior by having a new baby niece/nephew to dote upon. A baby who would also be Tater's cousin. That's about as close as she's going to get to having him, legally. (And it would give Tessa a biological attachment to a legacy family.)

Oh man, how did I not think of this little chestnut myself?! Let us all join hands in a giant prayer circle, burn some sage and hope that this storyline comes true! But also, that Tessa decides she likes hot dick more than stale martyr, and she leaves Mariah for some hot n tasty, squnity-eyes Noah, once again leaving the Martyr without a babeh to call her own. Because if there is anyone who is unfit to be a parent, it's a surrogate with festering and unaddressed PTSD and attachment issues who is literally trying to steal back her friend's baby and stuff it back up her cooch. Don't Cry For Me Mariahtina....

Edited by gingerella
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
On 11/18/2021 at 10:44 PM, boes said:

I know it can't last, and I don't care if Adam and Victor win, just as long as ButtBiscuit loses, at least for a while.  It's like a balmy summers day with a gentle, wafting breeze just to watch that matchstick man sweat like an oil slick.  I'm just surprised that, when he met with Victor,  he didn't bleat out like a frightened goat, "What about my kids?"

Victor was so pleased with NotBilly begging for mercy, to protect the CCC name and keep Lily out of harm's way, but only way to stop NotBilly from continuing his vendetta is a stake in the heart, followed by burning the corpse on a tire fire.

Letting NotBilly sweat it out, waiting for Victor's answer, while Victor allows his plan to slowly come to fruition is delicious.

And NotBilly getting chewed out from all sides is almost worth the price of months of mediocrity from TIIC.

Didn't care about anything else - looking HARD at you, Abby and Co., - but I was entranced by how well drawn and realistic Faith and Moses are being presented. 

<clip>

Can purity rings be far behind?

It will be a Christmas/New Year snowflake procession in Chancellor Park when they exchange vows never to grind genitalia together as long as they are on Teen Scene shock collars.

NO condoms, White Claw hangovers, or cocaine jips for you two virgins of the Wisconsin tundra.

Faith's amateur shrinking Noah over his self-inflicted broken romance was like listening to Sharon misdiagnose an involuntary patient. She ignored his contribution to the career competition that ended the relationship and said he would find someone more worthy of his attentions, as he proceeded to flirt shamelessly with Tessa.

Faith has learned a lot observing Sharon's in-house counseling clinic and brownie dispensary. Botox, ironed hair extensions and daytime sequins cannot be far behind for our Faith.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

Noah thinking, that’s a concept Sharon knows nothing about 😜.  Even Faith who really is no wiz kid, is more intuitive than Sharon.  

Caffeine and Carbs sounds good plus a friendly face in Tessa doesn’t hurt. I find that Noah is a very good actor and between him and Tessa they raise Faith’s acting ability.  Faith acts more mature with them but brings down her acting ability when she’s with Moses. 

The Newman jet must be bigger and more capable than the Jabot jet. Abby was turned down for using the Newman jet and never asked Jack for the Jabot jet. Also, Ashley is using the Newman jet while she’s more closely associated with Jabot. 

Who’s in Noah’s age group without casting a new love interest for him. Oh, can someone say Tessa. The wedding and now CL is their chemistry test and I give it a month before they hook up. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Noah thinking, that’s a concept Sharon knows nothing about 😜.  Even Faith who really is no wiz kid, is more intuitive than Sharon.  

Caffeine and Carbs sounds good plus a friendly face in Tessa doesn’t hurt. I find that Noah is a very good actor and between him and Tessa they raise Faith’s acting ability.  Faith acts more mature with them but brings down her acting ability when she’s with Moses. 

The Newman jet must be bigger and more capable than the Jabot jet. Abby was turned down for using the Newman jet and never asked Jack for the Jabot jet. Also, Ashley is using the Newman jet while she’s more closely associated with Jabot. 

Who’s in Noah’s age group without casting a new love interest for him. Oh, can someone say Tessa. The wedding and now CL is their chemistry test and I give it a month before they hook up. 

Did they ever say anywhere that Tessa is Bi? I don't really think you can flip a switch and change your sexuality just like that. I know I couldn't.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Did they ever say anywhere that Tessa is Bi? I don't really think you can flip a switch and change your sexuality just like that. I know I couldn't.

Well Tessa was married or partnered with the guy she went on tour with and she was dating Noah before she hooked up with Mariah.

• Useful 5
  • Love 8

Poor Jack can't escape from that parched bimbo. How did she manage to break away from running her precious hotel?

Hmm, Noah's got a little junk in the trunk.😼

Bleh, Sally's sporting the disco ball fabric too. I'll be glad when that fad ends. Meanwhile, Sally, come on, you're not entitled to date your boss. The fates are not singling you out.

I think Victor's right about one thing: why does Jack get to go to Spain with Ashley but he has to stay in GC? Jack just barely just found out Chance had gotten blowed up real good. If he were any further out of the loop he'd be in a coma.

Whee, wonder if Nick's ears were burning? It must be fun for him to walk up on his two main exes having a semi-heated discussion.

The speculation has finally ended. Noah's mystery person back in London was not a man in spite of many viewers' hopes. Guess Y&R considers its quota of same-sex relationships filled with Tessa and Mariah.

"I've come to accept having boundaries at work." Do tell, Sally. Looks to me like you've just changed up your game to making Adam resent being rejected and decide to pursue you.

Dang, Noah was looking at Tessa like she's what's for dinner. For desert too.

Not sure why the Three Musketeers of Newman Media assume Jill would sell ChancComm to them. I just don't see her doing that, even if she wants to punish Billy for putting CC in the crosshairs. Why treat its loyal employees like they're disposable?

Be funny if Abby's already found Chance and they're headed back across the Atlantic from the opposite direction.

Did they ever say anywhere that Tessa is Bi? I don't really think you can flip a switch and change your sexuality just like that.

Did they ever say she's a lesbian? Up until Mariah she'd only been involved with men so was a flip switched when she got involved with Mariah? I think both she and Mariah are bisexuals who happen to be in a same-sex relationship right now. IMO sexuality is a spectrum. Some people are on the extremes of either end and some people sit more in the middle.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

The show has made it pretty clear that Mariah is a lesbian, but Tessa is kind of up in the air. Mariah had romantic relationships with men, but admitted that was unnatural for her. Since then, she has shown no interest in men.

Tessa did say she was gay when Theo made a move on her, but she has shown attraction to men even after dating Mariah. It's her word vs her actions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Zemiar said:

The show has made it pretty clear that Mariah is a lesbian, but Tessa is kind of up in the air. Mariah had romantic relationships with men, but admitted that was unnatural for her. Since then, she has shown no interest in men.

Tessa did say she was gay when Theo made a move on her, but she has shown attraction to men even after dating Mariah. It's her word vs her actions.

Anything to move a plot line. I know, I know, welcome to soap operas. 

• Love 6

Sharon's get up today officially confirmed for me the show's stylists detest her. She didn't even look good enough to play a groupie for a 70's one hit wonder group. I am sickened by the petty revenge narrative of Victor and Ashland with Adam acting as their waterboy. It's expected that Masters of the Universe (such as Victor and Ashland are purported to be) might be greedy and ruthless, but they are just a couple of lame bitches IMO. I guess alot of this could be rationalized by Victor's emotionally incestuous fixation on Victoria. So Victor, you dislike your daughter's ex so much that you are delighted she has married a sociopath? Can hardly wait for the karmic justice when the Locke Ness monster turns on Victor, Victoria, and Adam.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

This is how break ups work at "that age", according to Nick.  Isn't Noah like 32, though?  I guess maybe Nick's just projecting from himself, the most immature person of the family.   Surprised he didn't take Noah for some beer pong and wings.

I agree that Faith really shines with other family members, and not at all with Moses. 

Tessa is adorable, and this show better not make Jack and Ashley fight EVER again.  

• Love 10

So Jack had to stop by Crimson Lights to pick up coffee and snacks for his and Ashley's fight to Spain on the Newman jet?  Did Victor have the minibar locked, the coffee pot unplugged and hid the flaming Cheetos?  I guess that means No Blue Diamond almonds, candied or lightly salted, not even a crack at the extra large Snickers or a 5 dollar apple, either.  I bet they won't even get to share his best scotch, Old Spite.  Bag lunching on a jet, who knew?

Devon, Dominic won't be devastated by Chance's death or pretty much anything.  He might get fussy if his diaper is full or his drink is too hot, but then again, so would Nick.  The baby will soldier on through his grief, I promise.

Not a big thing, I guess, but I wish Devon didn't always call Victor, "Mr. Newman".  I assume he says that because of their age difference, but they know each other well enough and Devon is a responsible adult, those two ought to be on a first name basis by now.  He doesn't call Jack " Mr. Abbott".

I don't know what Show is suggesting about Ashland's full motives in his partnership with Victor and Adam in their takedown of ButtBiscuit, but his habit of standing with his hands tapping together reminds me a lot of Mr. Burns.

giphy.gif

But who will be his Smithers?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, boes said:

So Jack had to stop by Crimson Lights to pick up coffee and snacks for his and Ashley's fight to Spain on the Newman jet?  Did Victor have the minibar locked, the coffee pot unplugged and hid the flaming Cheetos? I guess that means No Blue Diamond almonds, candied or lightly salted, not even a crack at the extra large Snickers or a 5 dollar apple, either.  I bet they won't even get to share his best scotch, Old Spite.  Bag lunching on a jet, who knew?

Victor would be the last person to allow himself to be perceived as stingy by the almighty Abbott's. 

TIIC go to great lengths to upsell mediocre imagery on Show with a constant parade of sequin daywear, constant references to corporate jets and company expenditures, characters throwing bribes around or paying off bribery threats with indeterminate amounts of unregistered cash, international flights on tap to multiple destination weddings, Architectural Mansion Digest and the Grizzly Porphyry Hotel Cage Match decor ... All the earmarks of wealthy people living their expensive lives out loud.

And yet TIIC have Jack stop at Crimson Lights to pick up sack lunches for an overseas flight, just so he can tell Phyllis he'll be out of town and won't be able to listen to her complain about her empty bed. 

Did the Invisible Mrs. Martinez have the day off that she wasn't available to make a picnic luncheon to fortify the Abbott Recue Party?

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, JNavarro said:

This is how break ups work at "that age", according to Nick.  Isn't Noah like 32, though?

Well... Noah was born March 3, 1997, so that would make him 24. Younger than he's been in years.

11 hours ago, boes said:

I bet they won't even get to share his best scotch, Old Spite.

It also doubles as his aftershave.

11 hours ago, boes said:

Not a big thing, I guess, but I wish Devon didn't always call Victor, "Mr. Newman".

It seems very weird that now Darvon keeps saying Mr and Mrs Newman. I thought he used to be on a first name basis with the both of them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

Apparently Victor, Adam, and Victoria have suspended all of their critical thinking skills. Yes, we all agree Billy is a blundering buffoon, but they have all forgotten Ashland's MO: Ingratiate, present as a person requiring massive sympathetic support, then he attacks. Frankly IMO Victoria, Victor, Adam, Ashland are all scorpions in a jar and Ashland is gonna sting first. Grifters gotta grift.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

Apparently Victor, Adam, and Victoria have suspended all of their critical thinking skills. Yes, we all agree Billy is a blundering buffoon, but they have all forgotten Ashland's MO: Ingratiate, present as a person requiring massive sympathetic support, then he attacks. Frankly IMO Victoria, Victor, Adam, Ashland are all scorpions in a jar and Ashland is gonna sting first. Grifters gotta grift.

I don't care if they're all sharks with frickin' laser beams on their heads, such is my hatred of Buttbiscuit that I just don't care. Seeing him suffer gives me life.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9

I'm really starting to dislike Ashland. Something is not right about that guy. 😒

Does Tater not have a pediatrician? Or is Devon too important to take the baby to the doctor so he gets his ex--who's not a pediatrician--to make a housecall?

A few days ago I was willing to bet Victoria wouldn't want her media division back from ChancComm. Now I've got whiplash. Thanks MWTs! 🙄

Sally's going to be doing video interviews on fashion stuff. Wonder if she'll use Hilary's old GC Buzz studio?

Good grief, Ashland walks into Billy and Lily's apartment acting smarmy from the jump. What a jerk. He's almost coming across like a mafia don to me.

Apparently no one has clued Elena in on Mariah's boundary issues with Tater. I'm thinking she probably shouldn't have been discussing the baby's medical treatment with Mariah. Watch Mariah teleport over to Devon's place to check up on Tater's minor rash in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

What if Jill doesn't want to sell ChancComm? That surprise negotiation session Victoria and Ashland sprung may have been moot if she has other plans. What I want to see is Ashland try to swing his d*ck at boss Jill for a change. He might end up a eunuch. 😵

It's a few weeks away from officially being winter so the temperatures can't be too high in WI right now. Imani in that halter top was weird to me. 🥶

Now Victoria wants to send Johnny and Katie to boarding school to protect them from Billy. Bish, please. You need to protect your kids from your Machiavellian husband. And one day they're going to resent your having used them as pawns in your never-ending drama between their father and your father.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 12

So now Elena is a pediatrician and Devon calls her instead of Bowie’s real pediatrician. Over the counter ointment could have been prescribed with a simple FaceTime call. Hey Devon, I got news for you, Bowie’s heat rash is caused by being wrapped too tight in his blankets. In other words, set Bowie free from his swaddling. 

Did anyone else notice the difference between Olive in the office speaking with Ashland and her appearance at Nostrils the Weasel’s condo. At the office she was “glammed up” but at the condo Olive looked pail and washed out.  Now back in the office, Olive is “glammed up” once again. 

For a moment I actually thought she was going to protect Nostrils the Weasel but she wants also wants him out. If the purpose of the offer was to undermine Adam, it also undermines Victor. But as we know, Victor would probably condone Olive’s business efforts. I’m calling 🐂💩on Olive just by saying she didn’t want to see Adam take over ChanceCom is putting more regard on Nostrils the Weasel’s interest than Adam’s. In addition, I’m calling even more 🐂💩 on Olive for the fact that Nostrils the Weasel has done more harm to her personally than Adam. Mostly Olive hates Adam because of her jealousy of Victor’s and Adam’s relationship and that Olive knows that Adam has been much more qualified to run NE. 

Indirectly we find out the Sutton was guilty in true TIIC fashion. Par for the course. 

• Love 9

Did anyone else notice the difference between Olive in the office speaking with Ashland and her appearance at Nostrils the Weasel’s condo. At the office she was “glammed up” but at the condo Olive looked pail and washed out.  Now back in the office, Olive is “glammed up” once again. 

Maybe she's a Two Face?

image.png.d47b1bf6ba2c0accbdcd738ed1f206f9.png

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Oh yeah Victoria that boarding school will really protect your kids from learning about the collapse of their father's career! All the kids will be reading about it on the internet (thanks to Victor and Adam) and your kids will be mercilessly teased by their classmates, with neither parent available for emotional support. Even Lily would give them that much. The Locke Ness monster didn't seem to even blink or think about it.....just another way to isolate his wife from some more of meaningful relationships in her life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

Oh yeah Victoria that boarding school will really protect your kids from learning about the collapse of their father's career! All the kids will be reading about it on the internet (thanks to Victor and Adam) and your kids will be mercilessly teased by their classmates, with neither parent available for emotional support. Even Lily would give them that much. The Locke Ness monster didn't seem to even blink or think about it.....just another way to isolate his wife from some more of meaningful relationships in her life.

Tararaboomdiay sure seemed in a hurry to get shed of him. Hmmm...

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't care if they're all sharks with frickin' laser beams on their heads, such is my hatred of Buttbiscuit that I just don't care. Seeing him suffer gives me life.

Put that on a teeshirt and I'll wear it!

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Tararaboomdiay sure seemed in a hurry to get shed of him. Hmmm...

Yeah, but she also wanted Kyle, so her judgement is very suspect.  Or, maybe she's got rotten taste in men all around?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 11/22/2021 at 4:37 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Dang, Noah was looking at Tessa like she's what's for dinner. For desert too.

He's probably mesmerized by her squirming lip fillers - they make her mouth contort into odd shapes whenever she speaks.  I can't look away, but I stop listening.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Oh yeah Victoria that boarding school will really protect your kids from learning about the collapse of their father's career! All the kids will be reading about it on the internet (thanks to Victor and Adam) and your kids will be mercilessly teased by their classmates, with neither parent available for emotional support. 

If Johnnie and Katie survived kids seeing ButtBiscuit's picture in the paper when he was dressed in his Captain outfit when he helmed the late, great Jaboat, a negative business story won't even phase the little tykes. 

2 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Now c'mon. Didn't we used to love Ashland?

As long as he's putting the squeeze on ButtBiscuit, we still do.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

So now Elena is a pediatrician and Devon calls her instead of Bowie’s real pediatrician. Over the counter ointment could have been prescribed with a simple FaceTime call. Hey Devon, I got news for you, Bowie’s heat rash is caused by being wrapped too tight in his blankets. In other words, set Bowie free from his swaddling. 

Eleana has graduated to a doctor of all specialties. 

Eleana was there to hammer home for the viewer that Darvon is a good and attentive father to his bio-son, and to notify Mariah that as the incubator she should get real professional help and get on with her life.

Just another quirk of TIIC budget constraints. Old school Y&R invested in uniform production standards and lighting. This Y&R regime is not that careful or interested in production aesthetics.

The Newman office set design/lighting is very different than at NotBilly's condo. The two scenes in the Newman office were likely filmed back-to-back, thus Victoria's consistent "glammed up" appearance on that set. The condo has lighter color decor and somewhat brighter spot lighting design that works for Lily and NotBilly's sweaty exterior, but washed out Victoria and Locke-ness.

For a moment I actually thought she was going to protect Nostrils the Weasel but she wants also wants him out.

Can't blame Victoria for being fed up with NotBilly's constant obstruction of her personal and business plans, and has stopped carrying water to put out NotBilly's fires. Victoria is long done with saving NotBilly from himself for his lies, reckless behavior and perpetual manipulations.

Looking the other way as Victor/Atonal/Locke-ness dismantled NotBilly's blackmail threat was prudent on Victoria's part. She had previously warned NotBilly he would regret his selfish activities against her marriage to Locke-ness, but she took no direct hand in undermining him. That was all Victor and Atonal, with a minor assist by Lock-ness.

Making the offer to salvage CCC, and cutting NotBilly off at the knees won't stop him from continuing his vendetta against the Newman's and "the mother of his children". It will just slow him down.

If the purpose of the offer was to undermine Adam, it also undermines Victor. But as we know, Victor would probably condone Olive’s business efforts. I’m calling 🐂💩on Olive just by saying she didn’t want to see Adam take over ChanceCom is putting more regard on Nostrils the Weasel’s interest than Adam’s. In addition, I’m calling even more 🐂💩 on Olive for the fact that Nostrils the Weasel has done more harm to her personally than Adam.

The buy-out offer also is an end run to stifle Atonal's objectives expanding Newman Media and gaining more leverage to take on Newman Enterprises and her leadership. Victoria does not trust or have any loyalties to the New and Improved Atonal Adam. As a matter of fact, Atonal's direct activities to follow Victor's plan and deconstruct NotBilly blackmail threats only prove that Atonal has become more subtle in his technique to carry out a vindictive plan and carry it out to its brutal end. It doesn't matter that Atonal was acting on Victor's direction, AA was in the thick of every precise step of the plan to ruin NotBilly, and took great enjoyment doing so.

Atonal has not changed one iota, only wrapped his malicious nature in a more amenable package for Victor to use against his enemies and forward Newman Media business.

Victoria never trusted Atonal and isn't about to let him gain control of a larger piece of Newman Media. She knows Victor/Atonal will use Newman Media to support their personal objectives and turn it against their perceived enemies. When push comes to shove, Victor and Atonal have no loyalties to anyone but themselves.

In the past, Atonal has undermined and sexually manipulated people to do his wet work, lies like he breaths, murdered, burned a corpse and destroyed evidence of his guilt, attempted to poison his father and gas his family to take over Newman Enterprises ,,, The list of Atonal's crimes and misdemeanors is endless. 

Atonal is a much greater threat to Victoria than desperate and on the ropes NotBilly. With the right amount of pressure, NotBilly will knuckle under. Atonal is too busy making his own 3 dimensional plans to be easily taken advantage of -- That's where Locke-ness comes in to act for Victoria.

Mostly Olive hates Adam because of her jealousy of Victor’s and Adam’s relationship and that Olive knows that Adam has been much more qualified to run NE. 

Victoria wears the Newman crown and will never trust Atonal, with many good reasons to back her up. 

If anyone is envious and jealous it's Atonal. He's been trying to get his hands on Newman Enterprises from day one on Show.

If qualification is you mene, Victoria successfully worked her way up the ladder of NE for years and earned her position of authority. Atonal has been handed numerous opportunities by Victor and tried to steal the company from under him more often than not; there's no reason to believe Atonal's personal ambitions for total domination of Newman Enterprises have changed. 

Newman Media is different in that Victor has the final say. Locke-ness has a voting position but has only played along with Victor/AA's plans so far. There's very little to stop Atonal from using Newman Media to feed information to another social media vendor to slowly undermine Victoria and NE. 

Indirectly we find out the Sutton was guilty in true TIIC fashion. Par for the course. 

Considering TIIC showed little or nothing of Hillary 2.0s bio-family (mostly talk) and Sutton's court proceedings was more talking about it after the fact, does it matter?

It seems the real objective of TIIC is to install Naya (minus her husband) and Imani as Hillary 2.0s insufferable family on Show. 

12 hours ago, Julyolo said:

All the better to SORAS Johnny and Katie.

Can you see their letters to NotBilly from boarding school? 

"Dear Fuck Up, 

Just read Newman Media's fifth installment of you leaving Delia in the car to go for ice cream ... Smooth move, Ex-Lax, and still won't take responsibility. Is anything immune from your Midas touch that turns everything into a steaming pile of effluent? By the way, thanks for the Word-of the-Day calendar.

School sucks, but I'm glad I'm not in Genoa City. Gotta' go.

Say hi to Lily if you see her. Johnny"

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Speaking of Naya’s invisible husband, I don’t recall hearing that she’s leaving him. And yet she’s considering a move to GC? I mean, it doesn’t matter anyway since we won’t see much of her. But she made a point of telling Amanda that she had a HUSBAND and a FAMILY that knew nothing about Amanda, and she wanted to keep it that way. 

whatever…

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Speaking of Naya’s invisible husband, I don’t recall hearing that she’s leaving him. And yet she’s considering a move to GC? I mean, it doesn’t matter anyway since we won’t see much of her. But she made a point of telling Amanda that she had a HUSBAND and a FAMILY that knew nothing about Amanda, and she wanted to keep it that way. 

whatever…

They're all going to stay in one room at the Grand Phoenix.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2

On one hand, I appreciated how Victoria was allowed to look smart and ruthless in her assessment of how Ashland was taking all the risks in Victor and Adam's scheme and how they should be the ones to reap the rewards of taking over ChanceComm rather than Victor and Adam/Newman Media - especially since it included the original Newman Media as a chunk of it's infrastructure.

On the other, Victoria is tiresome with her constant need to put down Adam when it was VICTOR who masterminded this scheme with Adam as his lackey, Victoria knew who all the players were and went along with it basically allowing them to do all the dirty work, and now decides that she needs to end things because pick whatever reason she thinks is the most useful at the moment - putting Adam in his place, neutralizing Billy, protecting Newman Locke and reacquiring Newman Media via ChanceComm to make it stronger/less vulnerable.

Don't get me wrong, I like Victoria showing her brass ones, but she's fooling no one by her actions. She saw a way to gain control of Billy, put Adam in his place, and show off to Daddy and her husband and feel herself - for the moment.  This also pits her right back against Adam and Victor which she said she didn't want to play petty games with Adam and had better things to do except now she doesn't since she's sending her kids away to boarding school even while tending to her ailing husband.

Victoria, Nikki, and Nick are laughable in their criticism of Adam as being the mastermind of this plan with Victor sitting right there gloating. They know Victor doesn't do anything he doesn't want to do so they need to stop taking the easier shots at Adam about what's going on and lay into Victor. Has anyone thought to tell him that by leading Adam on into these darker impulses that he may relapse into the more ruthless version of himself that they all don't want to roll with? No one is taking his side in his and saying 'Look we know you want to be the good son and help Victor do his scheming and we appreciate you working with the family instead of against it but don't let him pull you back into the dark place you've been fighting to get out off and say you want to leave in the past. We're here for you and know you have a backbone so use it to keep yourself from being fully Victor's pawn so you can be the man you want to be.'  Ultimately, Adam is responsible for Adam, but it'd have been so nice instead of Nick snottily walking away from Adam/Victor that he step up as the mature big brother to see what's really going on and lay it out for them both. I think Adam would be touched.

I really hope when Victor and Adam hear what Victoria has done/offered, Adam simply laughs and shrugs his shoulders and says 'Whatever makes you happy, Victoria.'

I also had to laugh, Victoria was basically saying the same thing Lily was about Ashland being used by her father and Adam but prettied it up for him to make him look like the sacrificing hero and the one taking all the risks and being left with no spoils.  And then he fluffed her skirts by applauding his beautiful, brilliant, wife. C'mon now, LOL. Lily told you what was what already. 

Then back at Lily and Billy's place, Lily called a spade a spade and let Billy know his offer of resigning to leave her alone at ChanceComm to deal with the fallout was cowardly and this jackass actually tried to rewrite his actions to her face as 'noble and self-sacrificing'?! And then tried to say 'Adam made it look like I blackmailed him with those recordings' and Lily corrected him, he didn't make it look like anything, you did it!

Girl, do you really want to be with a man who obviously lives in his own reality and writes his own narrative (lies) about what he does and what others are doing and their responsibility? In one conversation he showed you exactly who he is - a man who lies to himself that he's the hero of his own story and everyone else is out to get him/lying.

I hurt for Lily because she's truly been through hell in her life of battling cancer, losing her mother, the Cane saga, the Hilary and unborn child accident and prison, losing Neil so suddenly, and now she's shackled to Billy Abbott who has only brought her down further after she was trying to start a new chapter in her life. I need for her to drop him, continue running ChanceComm at Newman Locke and they give her a new love interest. Hell, can Devon hire a hot music executive that catches Lily's eye?  Lily needs to be freed from this mess.

LOL at the look on Adam's face when Sally said 'Yeah, not gonna chase after you no mo' and bounced. Hey, you snoozed, so now you lose (hopefully temporarily).  I appreciate the show doing the slow burn with Adam and Sally; I just hope when Chelsea returns that it's not stupidly messy and that Adam doesn't fall for whatever Chelsea has planned. That ship has sailed. She can go port with Nick if she's so hot for a Newman.

• Love 16

The Locke Ness monster didn't seem to even blink or think about it.....just another way to isolate his wife from some more of meaningful relationships in her life.

Exactly. If the writers are slow-rolling an abuse storyline I'll be impressed. I was hoping though that it all was a long con on Ashland's part to take down NE. Of course that won't happen but if he's abusing Victoria and Victor figures it out, he's as good as dead. Yay?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

So wait, what happened to the sandwiches (and cookies and fruit) Jack got from Sharin? How long was the flight on the jet that he needed sandwiches and a smuggled turkey dinner? And where was Ashley? Man, if that wasn't a waste of an hour then I don't know what is. What an awful episode. It was like a bad dream.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

So wait, what happened to the sandwiches (and cookies and fruit) Jack got from Sharin? How long was the flight on the jet that he needed sandwiches and a smuggled turkey dinner? And where was Ashley? Man, if that wasn't a waste of an hour then I don't know what is. What an awful episode. It was like a bad dream.

B..but..Golden Glo! 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

Phyllis offering to be helpful to Sharon. Riiigght. But as soon as Christian was mentioned Phyllis hightailed it out of there, lol.

Why was Billy spending so much time explaining his personal life to Phyllis? He has nothing to prove to her. 🤔

With Jack and Ashley on their way to Europe will there even be Thanksgiving dinner at the Abbott manse this year? Maybe Mrs. Martinez will have the day off for a change.

Whoa, Phyllis must've been scarfing down dinner rolls in between schmoozing the hotel guests. She had a noticeable gut stuffed into her leather pencil skirt. 😼

A mention of Daniel and grandkid Lucy. Okay. Hmm, he must be getting close to 40 now and Lucy's probably in high school. 😏

Golden Glo! Hee. 🤗🤗🤗

Oy, there's DreamPhyllis in yet another badly-fitting leather skirt. With her flat-as-a-board hiney too. Someone should tell Red her body isn't as fierce as she seems to think it is.

Good lord, is every woman wearing that shiny, sparkly fabric today? Ugh, enough already!

DreamJack back romantically with DreamGloria. Sorry, but AFAIC that's a solid nightmare. Even as comic relief their pairing never worked for me.

Well, I must say DreamBilly looked suave and debonair in his tux. Yikes is JT scary thin though. Hope he's okay.

So is this episode the price TPTB had to pay to get MS to agree to reuniting Phyllis and Jack? Not sure I want to give thanks for that. 😒

Re the previews: WAIT, WHAT? Taking over Chancellor Industries would be quite a promotion for Lily. Dang. Wonder how that will sit with Billy? Assuming Lily takes the job of course. Talk about failing upward.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Wow with every child in or on their way to boarding school, Christian isn’t. Well as of now.  

Gloria is as animated as Rodan the Petty but the main difference being Gloria is adorable.  

I’m so very happy that TIIC are giving me an extra dose of Rodan the Petty the day before Thanksgiving. It’s giving me a chance to void my stomach and bowels 🤢🤢🤮.  Rodan the Petty is better than the purge you take before a colonoscopy. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2