Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

What website from China provided the sparkly party dresses today? Not one good look amongst any of them, and Nikki with the big belt again. Woof. Phyllis won the breasts hanging to her waist award for the day. Now they are all "going to keep an eye on Chance". Two weeks ago Abby was being side-eyed one day after learning of her husband's death. Chance is supposed to snap out of his team mates' deaths, and the loss of a job that was meaningful to HIM, anyway. Watching Victoria and Ashland make this occasion into a work strategy session was distasteful as well. Victoria was giving me vibes today as to what Ashland admired in Tara. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

A Newman Family Party is a perfect visual to illustrate the statement, "like grim death".

Without the appetizers and Boone's Farm "Thank God You're Not Dead" Blackberry wine.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3

At least Ashley was aware enough to see that Chance is having to deal with a lot of issues including trying to reacclimate to being home.  It'd be great if the show examined the struggle military spouses face in reuniting with their partners who are suffering through PTSD but I don't think this show would do it justice. Abby is already showing signs of being worried/resentful that Chance isn't 100% focused and happy to be home. She never should've agreed to the party and forcing him out there on his first night home right after his first meeting with this son. It's too much too soon. Being home was enough of a stressor alone after being undercover for a year and nearly killed and his team all dying.  Then you add in meeting his son and being expected to immediately co-parent this child while working through all of the above and it's way too much. 

I loved that they finally gave Chance a scene alone without Abby hovering to see if this nuChance could carry a scene and how he is when he's alone; he should be his own character and not an appendage to Abby.  I liked what the actor did and I liked his interactions with Dominic and felt for him when he spaced out to all the accolades; my feeling is that being called a hero when he was the only survivor and lost all his team has him overwhelmed with survivor's guilt which is going to drown him.  As pointed out, Jack's experiences in Vietnam would be a great entry of them connecting and him being of assistance to help Chance through this. And I'll again push for Adam to be involved as oddly, I think he could also be of help to Chance as he has loads of experience of self-hatred and needing to find a way to navigate through -which for him in large part has been Connor.  Of course it'll more likely be Devon who reluctantly helps him through so they can be buddies and they all be one little happy family with Mariah on the outside looking in.

Leave it to Nick to show up (Looking pretty fine in his brown suit and overcoat) late and after everyone bounced. And then taking a powder when he sees Jack move in on Phyllis like a heat seeking missile, LOL.

• Love 15

I guess that TIIC have elevated the criminals that Chance 2.0 were after to terrorist. This must have been done to elevate Chance 2.0’s heroism. Not a complaint, just an observation. 

Banana Breath the Pompous and Nostrils the Weasel both know how to make a mountain out of a mole hill by painting themselves as they were egregious undermined.  No Banana Breath the Pompous, Ashland didn’t summon you he just ask to see you.  Ashland just wanted to clear the air but Banana Breath the Pompous fogged up the room with his threats. 

If I was Sharon I would be very upset with TIIC. Abby gets Chance 2.0 back while Det. Deadwood gets whiteness protection. Chance 2.0 is at a greater threat of retaliation than Det Deadwood ever was. Again not a complaint just an observation. 

Victor blew his line by calling Dominic Dominique twice 😳.  It would have been better yet if Victor called him Bowie 😜

Everyone standing around the Grand Albatross Lobby, it reminded me about the fire at the Top of The Tower where the building was destroyed by fire. I don’t want anyone to get hurt but a fire to destroy the Grand Albatross would be tragic but not too tragic. Where is Ian Ward when you need him?  

I understand that Rodan the Petty had to be at the party but couldn’t TIIC just let her be in the background and not speak?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Surely Phyllis doesn't attend every party held in the lobby of her hotel. Her being there seemed pointless to me unless TPTB intended her to be distraction.

Yikes, wonder what the psi was of Sharon's lips? I guess in colder weather they shrink faster and she gets them overinflated to compensate. 😼🏀🚲

Okay, it goes without saying--but I'll say it anyway--that I hated Ashley's dress. IMO every single bolt of that sparkly fabric should be gathered up, put in a rocket, and blasted into the sun. But what really got me was Victoria showing up in a bright red dress and coat. That was almost like wearing white to someone's wedding. Was she trying to upstage Abby or did she just call herself being holiday festive?

Hmm, Victor said Jack had been rock for Ashley, Abby, and Chance in Spain. Sure, Jan. Like the Rock of Gibraltar. 🙄

Is it me but does nuChance not only seem much younger, most of the veteran characters treat him younger too? Even Abby does. Have they deSORASed the character? 🤔

Huh, I thought Lily did go to college. Hard to imagine Neil letting her skip out on getting higher education. Hope she's not going in over her head as the CEO of CI.

Phyllis was smiling at Jack so hard it's a wonder her jaw didn't snap. It seems to be wasted on him though. Love it. 😏

Three-piece suits must be de rigueur now in GC. Jack, Ashland, and Nick were all wearing one.

Did anyone mention where Nina was?

Lol, wee Dominic is not feeling nuChance at all. 👻

• Love 7

Phyllis managed to get some lines out at the welcome home party in between shoving munchies into her mouth constantly and drinking champagne geez almost like she was a guest!  

I too noticed Sharon’s bulbous lips and wonder what else she had done on her time off.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Victoria was giving me vibes today as to what Ashland admired in Tara. 

The way mop was all fidgety while she was watching Jill and her father talk made her look like she was a five year old that needed to be taken to the rest room.

And, did it look to anyone else like EB was missing his lines and JW was stepping up and carrying him?

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Victor blew his line by calling Dominic Dominique twice 😳.  It would have been better yet if Victor called him Bowie 😜

"Dominique" X2 were some of the few words Victor mumbled that I understood. I would have turned on the CC, but I don't care what he has to say. Mr. multilingual should know that Dominique is a girl's name! 

• LOL 7

Mr. multilingual should know that Dominique is a girl's name! 

According to the googles, Dominique is a unisex name that can be used by both boys and girls, particularly those in France. Meanwhile, the famous old folk song, Dominique, is about a Spanish priest who later was beatified as Saint Dominic. When the song was written in French "Dominic" became "Dominique." Similarly, maybe in his head EB keeps translating Dominic to its French version.

Either way though, it's bound to be confusing for a primarily American English-speaking audience, most of whom probably think Dominic is an Italian name.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

How in the world does Phyllis survive in the hospitality industry?  She's more suited to the hostility industry.  She may know and loathe the guests, but can't she even try to fake civility?  If not, just let your staff handle the party. 

^^^When Abby called Nina to tell her about Chance, she mentioned that Nina is in Australia visiting Phillip.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

I actually liked today's episode.  Lots of characters interacting, some intrigue, and nobody was interested in Phyllis.

Chance is growing on me.  I'm glad they're playing up the conflicting emotions and the turmoil he's feeling about being back.   The actor's doing well with it so far....understated, but you can clearly see the tension.  

Must be an even day, because there was a light again in SC's eyes.  You never know what you're getting with that one, but I still like her when she shows up and bothers to emote.  

Abby is still such an idiot.  MO looked especially great today, though.  

• Love 11

Okay, so correct me if I'm wrong here BUT, NuChance (aka Poor Man's Patrick Dempsey) is so in danger that he has an uncover security detail right now and yet PeePaw does an entire synopsis on what Chance has been doing and exactly where. And that it was highly dangerous but he is helping to ID the bad guys so they can be found and he is doing this in a public space - a hotel lobby - and at the end of said synopsis even the waiter,  standing in the background listening, claps along with the family.  What the ever-loving fuck?!? And that's not even touching upon the fact that EB can barely mumble his way past any lines that go beyond 'yougotthat'. He sounds like Mr. Mumbles. It's sad and embarrassing, retire with some dignity dude.

And do NOT get me started on little 'Dominiqu'e...

I do have a question: I haven't seen Maria's reaction to 'Dominique's' daddy coming home. Has that been shown? And if so what was her reaction? 

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15

Hey Sharon!  If you have to get all passive aggressive and complain that the people who come to you for advice don't take it, maybe you want to reconsider the advice?  You might want to see if you can get your money back from the Baraboo Clown College Psychology Department.  

It looks to me like Chance is going to need another safe house, and this one will be to get away from his nearest and dearest.  How long till Abby asks Chance if he knows how hard it is on her that he's still sad?  

Nothing says "pathetic" like a 50ish year old board shorts, aww shucks, pocket pool bro whose idea of clean underwear is turning them inside out pouting all over town cuz people aren't exactly up for attending his cash bar all week pity party.  Yeah Nick, go to Sharon who will shine you on like a pair of Abby's shoes and tell you every time you scratch your balls an angel gets its wings.

I admit that I don't understand the concept of having a party in a hotel lobby for a supposedly dead guy, especially one hosted by Phyllis, when all the attendees will end up wishing they were deceased.

Crudites, anyone?

giphy.gif

Edited by boes
  • LOL 18

My gosh Abby is suffocating.  I haven't been following very closely but know Chance has been gone for awhile and she's glad to have him back.  Still, the woman is human clingwrap and it makes this story even more wretched.

No kidding about Sharon Case's lips!  It's a shame she felt it necessary to do that to her face. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

My gosh Abby is suffocating. 

Didn't she offer Chance some rinky dink job in GC before he decided to go back to his International Man of Mystery job days after their wedding?  Perhaps Jill could offer him the job of head of cybersecurity at Chancellor Industry or something else meaty.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9

"One last time"

How many times have you said that Billy?

"Don't let me down."

How many times have you repeatedly let Jill, Victoria, and Jack, down Billy? And yet you come back to them time and time again begging for help, money, respect, or a job and get pissy when they call you out on you doing this same crash and burn you get combative, resentful, and try to guilt them into helping you.

I wonder how much of that scene was Billy laying the groundwork for his plan against Adam or was that fool actually sincerely asking for Jack's help and money to fund his vengeance plans? He actually asked why Jack didn't want to invest now as opposed to before?  You mean now after you've crashed and burned the company with your carelessness? Jack wasn't twisting anything to fit his narrative  - that's all you, Billy Boy. Adam didn't 'misread' a situation - you blackmailed him and Victor.

'My own brother turned me down.'

You mean the brother whose wife you had an affair with? That brother?

Lily, you're a fool to support Billy after what you just saw play out with ChanceComm. You'll deserve whatever comes your way when the fallout on this happens.

Oddly, I buy Adam not wanting to cross the line with Billy's mental health but less about Billy's sake and more for Adam's sake in trying to keep to the straighter/narrower. I also buy he wanted to give Billy such a setback with ChanceComm and take away his weapon that he didn't have to worry about that particular attack from him anymore because as he said - Billy has loads more reasons to hate him than he does to hate Billy. 

It seems to me that Adam isn't playing for keeps in this next round but Billy is; he firmly believes he's the aggrieved party and is out for blood.  What I'm wondering is if the writers will allow him to be victorious and seen as in the right or will his attack backfire to cause more damage to innocent parties and he actually be called out for it. Rey's line about slapping cuffs on Billy may have been foreshadowing that he does bring down severe punishment on himself finally.

LOL at Sally getting played by Adam with his reverse move. But sucks that their romance is dying; Lily and Billy are supposed to be the true love romance pairing we should be rooting for when all I see is Lily stupidly drinking the Kool-Aid with Billy and going down with him. Jill should yank the reins from her and hand them over to Devon. Would love to see him big wheeling it at Chancellor Industries.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
35 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Didn't she offer Chance some rinky dink job in GC before he decided to go back to his International Man of Mystery job days after their wedding?  Perhaps Jill could offer him the job of head of cybersecurity at Chancellor Industry or something else meaty.

I thought Chance had joined the police department before he left on this mission or am I remembering that wrong?  I thought he met with Paul a couple of times before getting the job?

ETA - I posted this before watching today's show so maybe this has already been addressed.  If so, sorry.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, boes said:

A Newman Family Party is a perfect visual to illustrate the statement, "like grim death".

Without the appetizers and Boone's Farm "Thank God You're Not Dead" Blackberry wine.

It was more like Chance's wake than Welcome Home the Conquering Hero! party

What part of that public display fell under keeping quiet about Chance still being alive?

21 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Banana Breath the Pompous and Nostrils the Weasel both know how to make a mountain out of a mole hill by painting themselves as they were egregious undermined. 

I have a message for NotBilly and Nick -- No one cares about your wounded feelz or latest plans to blame someone else for your ego-driven stupidity.

33dbd14fd7109a4b8e0a5dd4164295e4.png

If I was Sharon I would be very upset with TIIC. Abby gets Chance 2.0 back while Det. Deadwood gets whiteness protection. Chance 2.0 is at a greater threat of retaliation than Det Deadwood ever was. Again not a complaint just an observation. 

Not that anyone is asking that failure to emote to return to Y&R, it would be scary to watch SB and SC compete in the Botox Derby.

Dylan and Det. Rey Rey can scowl at each other while Sharon pulls out her Tapemeasure of PsychoBabble to determine who's the bigger dick. There will be no easy answer for that.

66096be8cb616b98ead320d18f87f549

17 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

How in the world does Phyllis survive in the hospitality industry?  She's more suited to the hostility industry.  She may know and loathe the guests, but can't she even try to fake civility?  If not, just let your staff handle the party. 

The Grueling Pellagra has become Phyllis' personal cage match. The Abuse Lobby and Bar is a particularly brutal boxing arena for the uninitiated.

17 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Chance is growing on me.  I'm glad they're playing up the conflicting emotions and the turmoil he's feeling about being back.   The actor's doing well with it so far....understated, but you can clearly see the tension.  

I like Conner Floyd. He playing torn loyaties (Abby vs mission) well, and he was deservedly uncomfortable at the Welcome Home the Conquering Hero! party. You can see him wince when Abby's hovering or barking her expectations at him.

13 hours ago, boes said:

Hey Sharon!  If you have to get all passive aggressive and complain that the people who come to you for advice don't take it, maybe you want to reconsider the advice?  You might want to see if you can get your money back from the Baraboo Clown College Psychology Department.  

As long as everyone believes Sharon is making therapeutically sound recommendations, she can get away with being Genoa City's Ann Landers for the neurotic set. It doesn't matter that she has no self-knowledge or she's talking out of her hat treating family and ex-lovers. Sharon is written as a traveling carnival barker selling snake oil.  

It looks to me like Chance is going to need another safe house, and this one will be to get away from his nearest and dearest. How long till Abby asks Chance if he knows how hard it is on her that he's still sad?

Friday's episode?

It will be no time at all before Sharon dusts off her The Doctor Is In sign and tackles Chance's disappointment and survivor's guilt.

Nothing says "pathetic" like a 50ish year old board shorts, aww shucks, pocket pool bro whose idea of clean underwear is turning them inside out pouting all over town cuz people aren't exactly up for attending his cash bar all week pity party.  Yeah Nick, go to Sharon who will shine you on like a pair of Abby's shoes and tell you every time you scratch your balls an angel gets its wings.

Nick goes to Sharon for an honest assessment of his motivations for calling out Locke-ness, and with no information about Nick's earlier behavior, she pats him on the head and says he's a good boy with the best of intentions for those he loves. <blerg>

Sharon has no reason to expect anyone to follow her unlicensed prescriptions for better living when it's based on her personal opinion.

I admit that I don't understand the concept of having a party in a hotel lobby for a supposedly dead guy, especially one hosted by Phyllis, when all the attendees will end up wishing they were deceased.

Crudites, anyone?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

It was a good occasion to wear a helmet with those sequins ... and body armor.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

As long as everyone believes Sharon is making therapeutically sound recommendations, she can get away with being Genoa City's Ann Landers for the neurotic set. It doesn't matter that she has no self-knowledge or she's talking out of her hat treating family and ex-lovers. Sharon is written as a traveling carnival barker selling snake oil.  

It seems like she never leaves CL any more. All this stuff is going on in Italy, Spain and around town and Sharon just sits in her little coffee shop. Left out of everything. Even Rey gets around more than she does.

• Love 6

Billy, you keep going to the Bank of Jack to help finance your attempts to beat Adam and Victor. What'll happen when you need Jack's backing for something truly important?

And there's the reason why, when you're discussing your dastardly plans, you don't do it in a public place where the girlfriend of the person you're scheming against can overhear you. Not smart, Adam. 🙄

Lol, Sharon claiming to want to read a book. 😏

Look who's wearing all brown again. Abby, get your man to a haberdashery. Stat.

Sharon and Sally were both wearing huge belts today. I had hoped those had gone out of style already. 😑

I noticed today that this version of Chance has Nina's forehead.

Esther!

Sally, you know Adam claiming to have empathy for Billy doesn't hold water. Hold tight to your skepticism, girlfriend.

OMG, Phyllis has all the nerve ragging on Billy to Jack. Bish bye. You fcuked Billy while you were married to Jack and practically rubbed Jack's nose in it. Stop acting like your sh!t don't stink too, you rabid pterodactyl.

Yikes, Sally's skirt. Fashion don't. 😒

Wait, what? This little dance Jack and Phyllis are doing where they take turns letting the other one down easy is weird to me. It's not like they're coy teenagers trying to save face.

Alrighty then, real DTR talk from Jack to Phyllis. Maybe he's not going to get pulled back into her web after all.

Aw, Lily. You believe in Billy? Do you also believe there are little green men on Mars? Or that reindeer can fly? Sigh, it's as if your starting to dress like a sugar baby again has deactivated your brain.

Jill should yank the reins from her and hand them over to Devon. Would love to see him big wheeling it at Chancellor Industries.

Devon has his own empire to run. Not sure why he'd take on CI when he's already a force in his own field. It seems to me though that Jill could sell him ChancComm at a friends & family discount. Then he could hire Noah to run it.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Perhaps Jill could offer him the job of head of cybersecurity at Chancellor Industry or something else meaty.

This! Where is Jill when it comes to her grandson? She's been all about supporting Billy's career through the years, even creating companies and subsidiaries just for him.

What about her grandson? Chance is Phillip Chancellor the IVth after all, why isn't she making a place for him at Chancellor? It's his legacy, and the guy is badly in need of a less dangerous job now. Didn't Lily say CI had a Engineering /Construction division? Why not start with that? Or start up a division that manufacturers military equipment for him. He has contacts at the Pentagon. The Jill I know would figure out some way to keep him safe at her company.

Working for the GCPD is a dead end. There isn't even enough for Rey to do and look what's happened to Paul. The reason we are suffering with this stupid baby story is because Chance's swimmers were injured from being shot while working at the GCPD.  So get him out of there!

1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Jill should yank the reins from her and hand them over to Devon. Would love to see him big wheeling it at Chancellor Industries.

Neil set up the Hamilton Winters Group for them to carry on their own family legacy. Why isn't Devon doing something with that? You would have thought he would have invited Lily to join him after Neil's death.  He's not taking care of his family like the Newman and Abbotts do by offering their heirs a job.

Why would Devon have any interest in Chancellor?  It's the legacy of a man who is not related to him. It's really Jill's, and the Chancellor heir's legacy not his. And he was Kay's grandson for all of 5 minute before she died. Kay gave him the extra $$$ to make his own imprint on the world. She never asked Brock, Mac, or Devon to even work at Chancellor, but was motivated to train Phillip III in, then Jill, and later hired Cane when he was thought to be Phillip III.

Devon has been given way too much at a young age. He didn't have to fight to get any of it. Billions of $$$ from Kay, the GCAC, part of Society, Mergeron etc., and he has a future inheritance from Tucker that could come at any time.  It all just lands in his lap.  Jill, Jack, Ashley, and Victoria  have worked decades for their business cred and I'd rather them pass that on to their own families rather than load Devon's plate up with even more.  He's still just Devon. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

It seems like she never leaves CL any more. All this stuff is going on in Italy, Spain and around town and Sharon just sits in her little coffee shop. Left out of everything. Even Rey gets around more than she does.

And that's a bad thing?

Sharon parked at CL makes Genoa City safe for democracy and general kookery.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

And that's a bad thing?

Sharon parked at CL makes Genoa City safe for democracy and general kookery.

Well, Show is called The Young and the Restless. I guess if you're not that young any more, you also can't be restless.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Well, Show is called The Young and the Restless. I guess if you're not that young any more, you also can't be restless.

Sharon had to drag Esther out of mothballs to figure out a Christmas present for Rey Rey. Sharon looks Young-ish, in a rigid sort of way, but the Restless part of her MyPolar lifestyle has been tamped down without Atonal whistling Dixie at her vagina.

Though I can see NotBilly using Rey Rey's hostility toward Atonal for his latest nefarious plot to strip the bark off the Newman's for wrecking his Chance Dot Com truncheon. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
8 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Sharon had to drag Esther out of mothballs to figure out a Christmas present for Rey Rey. Sharon looks Young-ish, in a rigid sort of way, but the Restless part of her MyPolar lifestyle has been tamped down without Atonal whistling Dixie at her vagina.

Though I can see NotBilly using Rey Rey's hostility toward Atonal for his latest nefarious plot to strip the bark off the Newman's for wrecking his Chance Dot Com truncheon. 

Lol, whatever you're smoking, Chickie, send some  my way!

• LOL 8

Nostrils the Weasel is not only dumb as a rock he’s fucking dumb as a rock. Nostrils the Weasel wants to buy ChanceCom?  What makes Nostrils the Weasel think that Ashland would drop the law suit if he buys ChanceCom.  Even if Nostrils the Weasel can come up with the money to buy ChanceCom, where does he get the money to defend the lawsuit or the money to scare up more evidence on Ashland.  ChanceCom is in the dumpster so it seems  generating the income is probably out of the question.  Once again Nostrils the Weasel is going all out to bring down Adam.  For Nostrils the Weasel, Adam is his crack but to make a more gentle analogy, Adam is the Road Runner to his Wile E Coyote. 

If I was Chance 2.0 I would rather spend a lot of time in a safe house with my team than spending a lot of time at the Chancellor Mansion with an airhead making useless conversation. Even making love to Abby, I would imagine she talkes through the best parts. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Mr. Biscuit can't believe that "his own brother" wouldn't pay for his revenge scheme.  Shut up, asshole.  I'm sure Jack didn't believe that his own brother would plug his wife and then hound him for months for forgiveness, either. 

If Phyllis/Jack is going to happen, it's on Phyllis to go for it and tell Jack she's not going to hurt him.  He's got every right (and sense) to think she'd do it again.  

Whoops, Abby "forgot" that her funniest home videos were mostly yelling at Chance for not being there, and then recommends that he watch them (I still don't think she was wrong at the time for feeling that way, but regardless).  If I thought Abby were smarter, I'd almost think it was some kind of passive aggressive oopsie.  I do *not* think Abby is smarter.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Victor, Mariah calling the baby Bowie is a hell of a lot better than calling the baby Dominique 😉.  Does Mariah realize that once upon a time, Victor was her stepfather?  I got the feeling that Mariah is not very fond of Victor.  Maybe it’s only guilt by association. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Tessa signed to Devon’s record label?  Wouldn’t be Devon who is in charge of Tessa’s album cover?  It seems to me that Tessa is using Noah but hasn’t informed Devon of that fact.  I guess It will eventually be ok with Devon since Noah is “family”. 

No Nostrils the Weasel, your responsible for driving yourself out of ChanceCom not Adam or Victor. I don’t get why Nostrils the Weasel thinks that Adam and Victor would give 💩💩 about him spiraling out of control. Are they be sympathetic and throw him a life line?  I think not. It would just me an excuse to go down the rabbit hole and Lily is the one who should be wary of going down with him. 

Lily liar liar pants on fire. You didn’t go to Olive to plant a seed for Nostrils the Weasel’s “fake” deconstructing. You went there out of concern and that Olive confirmed your already conceived doubts about Nostrils the Weasel.  

Who’s the mysterious blond spying on Nostrils the Weasel?  I don’t think it was Sally in a bond wig since it didn’t look like her hands.  The rings are also a tell tail sign. Sally usually wears a black ring on her middle finger. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Lily just shows up to Victoria's office unannounced. First of all, why doesn't the CEO of Newman/Locke have a receptionist to screen visitors? Second, seems rather bad security protocol to me to let random people walk in like that.

So was Billy just sitting in Society nursing a drink and waiting for Adam to show up? This plan of his is like a job for him. A job for no pay. 🤡

Sharon sure is having a hard time choosing Christmas gifts for her family. Yesterday it was Rey and today she was questioning Tessa on suggestions for Mariah. Cash, Sharon. Cash is always good. 😉

Whoa, if I didn't know better I'd wonder if Mariah was a working girl. Or a video vixen. Her dress wasn't leaving much to the imagination today. No shame on her game though.

Victor was quite gracious to Mariah. I don't remember the last time the two of them had a scene alone together.

Heh, I see you, Noah, lowkey wanting to move on your sister's girlfriend. He lights up around Tessa. 😏

Victoria was looking kind of cold and severe today, IMO. No wonder Lily didn't take her coat off. Brrr. 🥶

Apple juice! Lol, hope Billy was still going to give the bartender a decent tip.

STFU, Sharon. Adam is a growna$$ man and doesn't need you to be out cheerleading for him. Especially not to your kids. 🤨

I thought Mariah was making a lot of sense about keeping her distance from Dominic, Chance, and Abby right now, but her points seemed to be going right over Sharon's head. It might be time for Sharon's adult children to tell her to back off with the unhelpful advice.

So Lily was working Victoria. She is definitely that ride or die chick because Ice Queen Victoria is no one to mess with. Billy's kids might pay the price for Victoria eventually realizing she's been used in Billy's scheme.

Not sure why Victor assumes Newman/Locke and Newman Media are the only two contenders for ChancComm. And does EB not know how to pronounce "wherewithal"? His speech issues are almost starting to seem like upstaging to me.

Poor desperate Adam, left swinging in the wind by daddy again. 🥳  Maybe he and Billy can join forces to buy ChancComm, haha. Nah, bet Adam will go to Nick for help. Nick would likely love to stick it to Victoria, Ashland, and Victor by grabbing their toy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Victor was quite gracious to Mariah. I don't remember the last time the two of them had a scene alone together.

That scene felt so odd to me.  Mariah and Victor haven't shared many scenes, at least that I can remember, since shortly after he brought her to Genoa City to gaslight Sharon by pretending to be Cassie's ghost.  It's a long time ago now, but back then they both had little use for each other, other than  their working relationship.  Once it turned out that Victor had unknowningly recruited Cassie's previously unknown twin to mess with Sharon's mind, other than a few threats, he avoided Mariah, and she him.

It felt so weird to see the two of them interacting, and even stranger to see Victor being supportive - at least his version of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

It’s safe to go out because Abby says it safe to go out.  Even if Chance 2.0’s Section Chief says it safe, how does he know. The Section Chief thought the safe house was safe.  

Mariah and Tessa are still the only bright spot to the mundane citizens of GC.  Yes Devon, Noah did know how to bring out the best in Tessa but it was by talking about Mariah.  As an semi professional photographer, I stopped doing weddings and portraits and just do landscapes now because no matter how hard you try, some people are not photogenic. I still take pictures of my grandchildren but they are all candid.  I sneak up on them using a long lens.  To my eye Mariah is the most photogenic and Rodan the Petty is the least photogenic. 

Excuse me. Did Abby actually say that she use to be a selfish person until she met Chance 2.0?  That’s a good laugh 😂😂.  

Amanda I got news for you consultants and specialist are just run of the mill Interior Designers that charge more because they can. Just as some layers that charge $300 an hour can be just as good as lawyers that charge $1,000 an hour.  

What’s worse than Rodan the Petty?  Actually nothing but Chelsea is right down there with her.  Since Banana Breath the Pompous is a free agent, let him get back with Chelsea. 

• Love 9

Is it normal for a baby to wear a hat all the time, even indoors? 🤔

Sharon's swollen face, oy. I think shiny apple cheeks look good on wee tykes, but on adult women on the dark side of 40, not so much. 🙀

Exquisite design taste. Phyllis? Good grief, Amanda, you need to stop lying. And seek better friends. 🙄

Yo, Phyllis, that's the risk you take when you try to keep somebody in your back pocket in case your main squeeze hits the exit. Maybe they don't want to be your consolation prize. Jack owes you nothing, including knowledge of his whereabouts at all times.

Noah's not trying to have to deal with The Man breathing down his neck with deadlines, lol. Hope Devon is paying him well enough for his trouble. His trouble where he gets to moon over Tessa. 💕

I liked Dominic's little shearling coat. He dresses better than his dad, hee.

Nicholas, Nicholas,  Nicholas. You could've sent Phyllis' box of crap over via courier. Your returning it to her at all is gentlemanly enough AFAIC.

What was up with that waitress at Society looking directly at the camera? Kind of unprofessional, no? Whatever, guess it's final for sure now: Lola's not coming back even as a recast. Boo, hiss. 😒

Hmm, are Chance and Mariah going to be commiserating over their struggles with PTSD?

Geez, Nick. Returning a special gift after a break-up is probably not a move you want to make in person. There are a lot of ways the gesture could blow up in your face, especially with someone as potentially volatile as Phyllis.

Jack texted Phyllis from New York. Nooooo! He must've gotten a feeling Phyllis was talking to Nick. Or Crystal called him to give him a heads-up. 😉

Re the previews: Chelsea returns. Bleh.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

When I saw her, "Bleh" was not the four letter word I yelled. (In case anyone is wondering, it was FUCK!) Show just got worse.

And now you've made her cry....

giphy.gif

Are you happy now?  Well, are you??

Edited by boes
  • LOL 21

Why are we subjected to these weird eye movements and strange mouth movements from Phyllis? She gets odder every day and yet, there she is every day. It’s almost as if MS is afraid she’s going to lose her job so she has to make her presence felt every day, all day long. Go away, please.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
28 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Why are we subjected to these weird eye movements and strange mouth movements from Phyllis? She gets odder every day and yet, there she is every day. It’s almost as if MS is afraid she’s going to lose her job so she has to make her presence felt every day, all day long. Go away, please.

Phyllis looks drunk all the time!😜

• Useful 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5

Re the previews: Chelsea returns. Bleh.

3 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

When I saw her, "Bleh" was not the four letter word I yelled. (In case anyone is wondering, it was FUCK!) Show just got worse.

1 hour ago, boes said:

giphy.gif

Are you happy now? Well, are you??

Anything that makes Chelsea miserable and boo hoo bitter tears down the front of her hideous schmatta makes me euphoric.

That's how lousy an actor MCE happens to be, and the circles of Hell Show is sinking.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

It’s safe to go out because Abby says it safe to go out.  Even if Chance 2.0’s Section Chief says it safe, how does he know. The Section Chief thought the safe house was safe.  

Because we don't see any of these conversations, it sounds like Abby's talking out of her hat on their security situation. It's not hard to believe that the threat of Spanish terrorists will dissipate like the threat of Stitch returning to menace Mariah and Bowie.

Mariah and Tessa are still the only bright spot to the mundane citizens of GC.  Yes Devon, Noah did know how to bring out the best in Tessa but it was by talking about Mariah.  As an semi professional photographer, I stopped doing weddings and portraits and just do landscapes now because no matter how hard you try, some people are not photogenic. I still take pictures of my grandchildren but they are all candid.  I sneak up on them using a long lens.  To my eye Mariah is the most photogenic and Rodan the Petty is the least photogenic.

They are so well suited to each other, it's unfortunate that TIIC are needlessly inserting Noah into their relationship because he's not over whatever happened to him in London and is inflating a fantasy romance with Tessa. 

For a former street person, it's odd Tessa hasn't noticed Noah is being overly attentive and complimentary toward her ... Grooming Tessa that he's a safe person to turn to while Mariah's hypervigilance is up and down, like in a prize fight with her emotions over Bowie. 

Mariah has the least manipulated facial features and photographs beautifully. Her skin is luminous in HD makeup. I am tired of her wearing browns and rust colors.

Excuse me. Did Abby actually say that she use to be a selfish person until she met Chance 2.0?  That’s a good laugh 😂😂

Yeah, she said that. And at that point in the episode it was amusing, but toward the end Abby was listening to Chance talk to Nina and heard him repeat the same ineffectual phrases that he was 'fine.'

People don't fake depression. They fake being fine. Whether Chance and Abby understand it or not, they have been glossing over his underlying disappointment in himself and the stigma of admitting he failed his men and mission. I think Abby finally realized that Chance's mental health/feelings of guilt were more substantial, and his ability to return to his old life was in doubt. 

Amanda I got news for you consultants and specialist are just run of the mill Interior Designers that charge more because they can. Just as some layers that charge $300 an hour can be just as good as lawyers that charge $1,000 an hour. 

The decorator recommended to assist us with the home we were building (Santa Monica home was destroyed in the 1994 Northridge earthquake) had a Master of Architecture and former movie set designer. She was very talented and was a great help when I needed it most.

What’s worse than Rodan the Petty?  

Shingles?

Tinnitus?

Sand in the lube?

C-Span Capitol Riot Commision hearings?

Hillary 2.0 complimenting and praising Phyllis that she's worthy of pursuing a relationship with Jack one more time?

Actually nothing but Chelsea is right down there with her.  Since Banana Breath the Pompous is a free agent, let him get back with Chelsea. 

Gaaa! They were horrible together! 

Considering how much Nick enjoys holding grudges, it's hard to imagine that he's over her lying and betraying him so she could run off with her ill-gotten spoils from Fenmore's. Or is that history best brushed aside so TIIC can write another story arc that make no sense at all with two actors so inept no one gives a tinker's dam if they succeed or fail.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

I think I'm making a heel-face turn on this Abby/Chance dynamic.  I'd ask what the fuck is wrong with her, but pretty sure there's a post character limit.  She was right to want Chance to come home, but a HUGE part of that is her responsibility to know that "normal" life might be a long way off (if ever the same again) and of being there for him on his timeframe.  

Devon, no.  Miss me with another round of the negative vibez baby whispering, and there will be no interventions.  If anything, it seems so far that Tater is a positive, hopeful influence on Chance.  I did get a laugh out of him saying he was so boring he got the kid to fall asleep.  That was well delivered.  

I'm pretty ambivalent on Devon/Amanda as a couple.  But one think I've noticed and like is how it does not at all feel like she's Hillary.  

Phyllis doesn't want to hurt Jack, implying she would like to get back together but can't stop herself from doing so?  What is this facsimile of a human being?

On the previews...Chelsea.  Ugh.  I thought they were supposed to highlight what makes people WANT to tune in next week?  

• LOL 10
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, JNavarro said:

I think I'm making a heel-face turn on this Abby/Chance dynamic.  I'd ask what the fuck is wrong with her, but pretty sure there's a post character limit.  She was right to want Chance to come home, but a HUGE part of that is her responsibility to know that "normal" life might be a long way off (if ever the same again) and of being there for him on his timeframe.  

Devon, no.  Miss me with another round of the negative vibez baby whispering, and there will be no interventions.  If anything, it seems so far that Tater is a positive, hopeful influence on Chance.  I did get a laugh out of him saying he was so boring he got the kid to fall asleep.  That was well delivered.  

I'm pretty ambivalent on Devon/Amanda as a couple.  But one think I've noticed and like is how it does not at all feel like she's Hillary.  

Phyllis doesn't want to hurt Jack, implying she would like to get back together but can't stop herself from doing so?  What is this facsimile of a human being?

On the previews...Chelsea.  Ugh.  I thought they were supposed to highlight what makes people WANT to tune in next week?  

JNavarro , a most excellent post!  

Somebody in the writers room is either some sort of radioactive Pollyanna, or a new, sleep-deprived parent with all this "babies absorb what's going around them" blather because it's utter bullshit.  If it was true, the little darlings would LET THEIR PARENTS SLEEP more than 3 hours at a time.  

This insistence that babies/children must be brought up in a continual Disney World haze is annoying the crap out of me.  In other words, shut it, Devon.  This infant is your first rodeo and you're nowhere near an expert in this field.

I feel bad for MO being stuck with this iteration of Abby and I hope her character gets some sort of enlightenment soon.  Because, otherwise, Abby is coming across as utterly self-absorbed to her own comfort levels with barely even lip service to Chance's feelings, let alone those of Mariah or Devon's.

If there was a time machine that eliminated storylines, the Chancellor Mansion would be baby-free.

So Nick returned a baseball cap and a video game to Phyllis?  That encapsulates their relationship in a nutshell.  In the case of those two, an actual nutshell.

So Phyllis misses Daniel?  I'm pretty positive the feeling isn't reciprocal.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

like the threat of Stitch returning to menace Mariah and Bowie.

For months he was obsessed, then poof  - not so much anymore. And there's no need for him to pay for his crimes. It's all good... right?

12 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I am tired of her wearing browns and rust colors.

You and me both.

11 hours ago, JNavarro said:

I agree that she doesn't feel like that last version/phase of Hillary before she died. But Over-the-Hill was all over the map personality-wise. This just feels like another phase, to me, and I'm fully expecting another/more personality changes(s) from "Amanda". I think it's sick that Darvon is pseudo-with his wife's twin. Sick behavior on both of them. But then again, inappropriate relationships are kinda his thing.

6 hours ago, boes said:

So Phyllis misses Daniel? 

I was surprised that she even remembered him.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, boes said:

JNavarro , a most excellent post!  

J's killing it again.

Somebody in the writers room is either some sort of radioactive Pollyanna, or a new, sleep-deprived parent with all this "babies absorb what's going around them" bullshit because it's utter bullshit.  If it was true, the little darlings would LET THEIR PARENTS SLEEP more than 3 hours at a time.  

Another Soap old wife's tale that babies are adult barometers of their emotional state. It's being used to stir dissention in Darvon and Mariah, both people very busy convincing themselves they are the more rational assessors of who's better able to parent Bowie. Their negative personal opinion of Abby and Chance's abilities validate their Baby Rabies.

This will end badly when Darvon decides to act on his own biological interests.

This insistence that babies/children must be brought up in a continual Disney World haze is annoying the crap out of me.  In other words, shut it, Devon.  This infant is your first rodeo and you're nowhere near an expert in this field.

Death happens. Sickness happens, Broken promises and wounded feelz happen. Broken crockery, failed relationships and divorce happen. Business failures happen. Selfish, reckless parents acting badly happen.

Shit happens and you can't shield your children from it, so it's best to teach them how to deal with disappointment.

Darvon's history was one long sob story until he won the billionaire lottery. And since then, he's not done much. Hamilton/Winters is just talk, a name, a few phone calls, and a coffee table work area. His involvement with Nick in the Hope Springs Eternal charity is all talk. Bowie in the condo spent most of his time in the living room bassinette or touching vignettes to show Darvon has parental capabilities. 

He's still scanning the horizon for a legitimate excuse to take possession of Bowie, with Hillary 2.0s rabid assistance. 

I feel bad for MO being stuck with this iteration of Abby and I hope she gets some sort of enlightenment soon.  Because, otherwise, Abby is coming across as utterly self-absorbed to her own comfort levels with barely even lip service to Chance's feelings, let alone those of Mariah or Devon's.

Abby's caught herself into a Happy Family trap that doesn't allow much room for Chance's PTSD/survivor's guilt/depression. She wasn't able to deal with Mariah going off the rails over Bowie, and now Chance is dragging himself through the motions of her expectations and living in a town he's not particularly familiar with. And Genoa City has its own expectations, some are waiting for him to fall apart in order to take advantage.  

If there was a time machine that eliminated storylines, the Chancellor Mansion would be baby-free.

TIIC of Y&R are generally inept at story-telling, and kid/baby SLs can be an anchor on the progress of some Soaps. Handing them over to nannies, then to be sent to SORAS boarding school is all too common. I expect Victoria and NotBilly's children to return as hormonal teenagers when next we see them.

So Nick returned a baseball cap and a video game to Phyllis?  That encapsulates their relationship in a nutshell.  In the case of those two, an actual nutshell.

Other than their disgusting relationship history, forcing their egotism on others, elevator fucking, bickering, spoiling for fights, video games and sport-related stories was all they had.

I never expected anything more from either of them.

So Phyllis misses Daniel?  I'm pretty positive the feeling isn't reciprocal.

Phyllis burned so many bridges with Daniel, I expect video chats and phone messages are as close as Daniel cares to be with his mother.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

I agree that she doesn't feel like that last version/phase of Hillary before she died. But Over-the-Hill was all over the map personality-wise. This just feels like another phase, to me, and I'm fully expecting another/more personality changes(s) from "Amanda". I think it's sick that Darvon is pseudo-with his wife's twin. Sick behavior on both of them. But then again, inappropriate relationships are kinda his thing.

The one time you saw shades of Hillary 1.0 was when Hillz 2.0 was howling at Sutton for attempting to record damaging statements for his trial. 

She's still the image of Hillary 1.0, and Darvon's romance with his former wife's twin sister is still oogy. I also don't appreciate how she tries to up-sell Darvon on using her to pursue legal avenues to force what his desires are with Bowie's parental custody.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, boes said:

giphy.gif

Are you happy now?  Well, are you??

Short answer: Lol No

Long answer: Lol Hell fucking no because this bitch is going to pollute my screen when I just got back into this damn show. I can't have anything. AHHHHH

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Random thought - Why doesn't Devon make a bid for Chancecomm?  He could use it to promote his music business, make it an entertainment type media site, he has some experience with Hillary's old show and he's got the money. It would put him in with the other business types, i.e. Victor, Jack, Adam and widen his storyline opportunities.  It might even freshen everything up a little.

ETA - I thought Noah was verging on creepy yesterday, at least a bit, with his covert glances at Tessa.  What part of "she dumped you for your sister" is unclear to him?

Edited by boes
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

I’m still trying to figure out why Nikki and Victor chose to have Chance’s coming home party in the lobby of a hotel. In the lobby of a hotel owned by someone they cannot stand to be around. Huh? How about having it at their home, the Chancellor Mansion, Society? This was just another way to give MS more screen time. Yuck.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14