Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

And you know that L.A. is just teeming with young, hot actors waiting tables, waiting for their break. It's not like it would be hard to replace him.

True.  In general, I think it's time to retire some of the longtime characters that not many seem to care about who have run their course.  I'd start with Lauren and Michael... they're boring and not all that interesting anymore.  Phyllis of course, because how many years are they going to continue allowing her to eat the entire show?  Why does everything have to revolve around Phyllis?

Then they need to hire younger actors who can inject some life into this show.  I'm puzzled as to this whole business with Ashland and Tara and Kyle's baby.  This was a major story for the show this year, and now all the players are gone so suddenly.  Why bring in Ashland and Tara, give them a big storyline, and then usher them out just as quickly as they arrived?

When are they going to recast Chance?  It's so tiring hearing Abby talk about him as if he just stepped out to pick up some milk and he'll be back eventually.  Obviously something happened with the actor, he came back post-COVID and then pretty quickly disappeared again but not by his choice.  Why not give the part full-time to Melissa Ordway's husband?  I don't think he's the greatest actor but at least he would fill the role.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Phyllis of course, because how many years are they going to continue allowing her to eat the entire show?  Why does everything have to revolve around Phyllis?

I guess she has to eat the show now that she's run out of virgins blood to bathe in.

image.png.79778916499a96ff14a9fd2e802303c6.png

• LOL 15

Ok, today’s interpretation of what Tara has done is misappropriation of funds.  This is the unauthorized use of ANOTHER PERSON property or funds. It’s Tara’s company and she authorized the use of her funds as she saw fit.  In reading the definition of misappropriation, it’s actually Rodan who committed misappropriation by taking Sally’s phone and representing herself as Sally in sending text message to Tara. Rodan stole Sally’s name with the unauthorized use of her phone and unauthorized use of her property. 

It’s a good thing that Rodan has long wings because it makes it very easy for the monster to pat itself on the back. Can Rodan ever talk to someone than at someone. Rodan always has a confrontational stance while blasting hot air. 

It now looks like Ashland will take his treatments in GC instead of better equipped dedicated cancer hospitals in NYC. I’m betting Naty Nate Nate, whose not an oncologist, will be monitoring his progress. 

For the first time in like forever, I enjoyed the look on Rodan’s face when Kyle and Summer announced they where staying in Milan.  The best part was freezing Rodan’s face on my TV with the DVR 😂😂😂😂

The Greek Chorus of Jack, Lauren, and Rodan are bastardizing Sally for getting Summer a job she loves. They should be thanking her.  No Rodan, Summer didn’t loose everything, she gained by being in Milan away from her meddling mother.  Rodan is so full of shit. Rodan did it for herself not for Summer.  Summer is all full of shit because she really doesn’t want Harrison here in Milan.  

Poor poor Rodan, Rodan has the sads but I’m doing a Snoopy Dance 🥳🥳🥳

Now we will see who loves Harrison more Ashland or Kyle. Will Ashland allow Harrison to go to Milan or will Kyle stay in Milan without Harrison trading a very smart child for a  dimwitted adult child?  I believe Tara could and should not allow Harrison go to Milan. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Blessings again to whatever minor god invented the FF option.  I was able to watch all the parts of today's show that DIDN'T have Phyllis in them. Subtract the Dumpster Diver from the equation and I thought today was pretty good, in current Genoa City terms.

IMO Richard Burgi just doesn't have any bad scenes.  Even he and Jack were great together.  I haven't enjoyed Victoria this much in years and a lot of that is due to him - and to Show finally giving her a storyline that didn't involve her trying to get crap of her shoe meaning ButtBiscuit either out or into her life.  Ashland's my favorite character right now.

Today was Nyah's best scenes to date, too.  This felt like some sort of signalling that this whole Sutton saga was wrapping up and I'm fine with that.  I did enjoy the mother/daughter bonding moment.

I did watch the scene where Nick, Phyllis and Jack had the online conversation with Dummer and that Box of Hair she's in lub with. It was such pleasure to see Phyllis's face fall to the floor.  MS did a good job with that and she did it all without a word.  She should try more of that.  I flashed to the end and it was fun to see, finally, Dummer be the one to utterly crush her mother into dessicated bits of utter sadness.  Finally, a Supergirl moment to savor.

Kyle's gonna get his because you know Phyllis is going to visit.  A lot.

• LOL 2
  • Love 21

Um, was anyone working at the coffee house? Was it just open so random people can walk in and use it for beat down? I know there are budget issues but Lauren & Phyllis came in the back entrance and Jack came in the front entrance. I thought Jack & Phyllis left the hotel together. It was funny how both Lauren & Phyllis were clutching their pearls berating Sally of her horrible deeds. I’m surprised they both didn’t burst into flames. Also, Jack apparently has standards, too. After, he slept with his fathers wife I didn’t know he became a saint. All that said, what now? Summer & Kyle supposedly are gone, right? Jack is a loser in the romance department again. Lauren has no one working for her now. Phyllis will have no one to blame anymore. What will she do with all her time now? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

Wow, if Phyllis' head gets any bigger they'll have to expand all the doorways in the Grody Phalarope. 😱

How much do I love watching PB and RB going toe-to-toe in a scene together. Two veterans bringing the old school classiness and respect for each other's skill.

Lauren's painted-on dress was interesting. And by interesting I mean, "So how much do you charge for the GFE? Is it an hourly rate or a daily rate?"

I was just about compliment Naya on her suit and then she came out with that insane statement about being glad she dumped Amanda and Hilary when they were born. You got some 'splainin' to do, Naya.

Kyle doesn't have legal custody of Harrison. If I were Ashland I'd fight letting him take the kid to raise in Europe. Seems wrong to me to disregard Tara's wishes too. Punishment for white collar crime rarely if ever includes loss of your children. Now might be a good time for Tara to admit Kyle isn't Harrison's daddy. And maybe neither is Ashland.

Gotta say, i think Courtney Hope more than held her own in that scene with PB, MS, and TEB. Brava. Now I'm ready for Sally to find out about Billy revenge-screwing Summer, and that Phyllis has known about it for a long time without telling Nick. Pretty sure Nick would drop-kick Phyllis out of his life if he found out she kept that secret from him.😏

Not a fan of the engagement ring Ashland gave Victoria. I get why a diamond would've seemed trite but that sapphire was fug IMO. Sorry, you blew this one, Ashland. Did you buy it at the drugstore? 😒

Gee, Phyllis, your mama bear machinations were all for naught. If only you had listened to Summer when she said to leave it alone. Summer's a growna$$ woman who doesn't need you arranging her life for her. (BTW, hon, remember Kyle's other wife? She's the Supergirl now. FOHWTS. 🤨)

Obviously something happened with the actor, he came back post-COVID and then pretty quickly disappeared again but not by his choice.

Allegedly he wasn't properly observing COVID protocols and was putting his castmates at risk. He also was saying stuff on social media that could be considered offensive to some of cast. I also suspect he was removed in order to make the Devon-as-sperm-donor plot point work. I just don't think the actor would have been convincingly able to portray Chance as being okay with it. This way they can use other characters like Abby to tell the audience he approves. Frankly I'll be surprised if Chance ever comes back if Mariah successfully gives birth. Not without crazy shenanigans like Stitch having switched the sperm sample so he's actually the father.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, deirdra said:

that surveillance closet built into Victor's wall

Suppose that's where Christian's been all this time?

8 hours ago, A-Lo said:

Where does the nickname Rodan come from? 

It confuses me sometimes, because there was a character named Ronan. I have to stop and think about it, but that's okay - I'm old!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

That whole scene at CL with Lauren, Phyllis, and Jack crapping all over Sally for the horrible thing she did to Summer may have had a bigger impact (or any impact at all) if it hadn't been preceded by the scene of Summer gushing about how much she loved her job and how happy she and Kyle will be in Milan.  

Maybe Lauren would be able to see grifters infiltrating Fenmore's if her face weren't stretched so taut.  She also needed Phyllis to expose the  Chelsea 2.0 scam.  How has she stayed in business this long when she's so clueless?

6 hours ago, boes said:

Reading all your comments, looks like I'm up for skipping another episode.  

I'm hoping that Phyllis will soon need to retreat to that box of consecrated earth from her homeland to recoup in Nosferatu-tu Land after all the "little girls" she thinks she's slaughtered.

giphy.gif

Go on, Phyllis, get some sleep!

I so hope the next new charactor to make Genoa City their home has the last name of Von Helsing.

Where is Creamy Nude and an elevator shaft when you need them?!?

9 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Waldo came up with that name for Phyllis when they noticed the uncanny resemblance to the winged monster.

image.png.869f5bf2f1ee8169fa359ef58af4b8fa.png

Those wings will make it much easier for Phyllis to be a trans-Atlantic helicopter mom. 

Ok, I don't hate Naya anymore.  It takes guts to have that much self-awareness.  Now that Sutton is out of her life, she's seems like a different, more likeable person.  

I like Victoria and Ashland, too.  I hope Ashland gets custody of Hydroxychloroquine and raises him with Victoria.  He'll have Johnny and Katie to play with, and those two are 1000x more interesting and mature than Kyle and Summer.

I'm wondering if Stitch is a red herring as Mariah's kidnapper.  Maybe it's Max?  We keep thinking Max is still a child (as logic would tell us he is).  But Max is the same age as Charlie and Maddie, who are now young adults living on their own.  

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Useful 5
  • Love 10

I tried to attach a photo from today's airing but it's too big a file so let me just say this:

Why is nobody mentioning the GIANT LADY STAIN on the back of Lauren's red sausage casing dress?!?

When she stomps out of Crimson Lights it was there for all to see. OMG. The crew must really hate her to not tell her, or re shoot that walk out again. I know this shot is blurry because I had to reduce the size of the pic, but come ON, it's a huge ass stain. How could nobody SEE that?!?

YR stain2.jpg

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

For real, Richard Burgi is one of the most handsome people I've ever seen.  

Wow, who wouldn't want Kyle as a father or employee.  Moving his newly discovered son to yet another new home and a selfish, dumb, lip glossed new person.  All the while demanding he can permanently zoom call his executive role at a major company.  We're supposed to be happy for these people?  I swear this has gotta be some type of attempt at satire of spoiled, idle Gen Z/Millennials.  

I know it's supposed to come off as healthy and magnanimous, but sorry, I don't know how Jack can constantly stand there as the third wheel of Nick and Phyllis, after what they did to him.  

• Love 18

Richard Burgi is the most natural good looking man on tv. He’s such a catch for Y&R. I’m not sure if he plans on staying though. He’s had a lot of success in prime time and probably wouldn’t want to give that up. I’ll guess we’ll know soon enough if he suddenly survives his illness/disease in the coming months. It is funny that Victor almost let him die on the couch Nikki was sitting on during the engagement announcement. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

I tried to attach a photo from today's airing but it's too big a file so let me just say this:

Why is nobody mentioning the GIANT LADY STAIN on the back of Lauren's red sausage casing dress?!?

When she stomps out of Crimson Lights it was there for all to see. OMG. The crew must really hate her to not tell her, or re shoot that walk out again.

I thought I was the only one that noticed that,

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, gingerella said:

When she stomps out of Crimson Lights it was there for all to see. OMG. The crew must really hate her to not tell her, or re shoot that walk out again. I know this shot is blurry because I had to reduce the size of the pic, but come ON, it's a huge ass stain. How could nobody SEE that?!?

YR stain2.jpg

Lauren got so pissed off at Sally, her Depends sprung a leak 😜

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Um, was anyone working at the coffee house? Was it just open so random people can walk in and use it for beat down? I know there are budget issues but Lauren & Phyllis came in the back entrance and Jack came in the front entrance. I thought Jack & Phyllis left the hotel together. It was funny how both Lauren & Phyllis were clutching their pearls berating Sally of her horrible deeds. I’m surprised they both didn’t burst into flames. Also, Jack apparently has standards, too. After, he slept with his fathers wife I didn’t know he became a saint. All that said, what now? Summer & Kyle supposedly are gone, right? Jack is a loser in the romance department again. Lauren has no one working for her now. Phyllis will have no one to blame anymore. What will she do with all her time now? 

Based on Jack's declaration that Phyllis is always there for him, I'm assuming she's going to be doing... him.  The signs are all there, they will be back together soon in no time.  As much as I despise her, age-wise, he has always been the best match for her.  I completely don't buy the Nick/Phyllis pairing.  She has to be at least 15 years older than him.  I'd say he's probably early to mid 40s now and she's late 50s and maybe even 60.  But of course, the show writes her as if she's not a day over 40.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
18 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Based on Jack's declaration that Phyllis is always there for him, I'm assuming she's going to be doing... him.  The signs are all there, they will be back together soon in no time.  As much as I despise her, age-wise, he has always been the best match for her.  I completely don't buy the Nick/Phyllis pairing.  She has to be at least 15 years older than him.  I'd say he's probably early to mid 40s now and she's late 50s and maybe even 60.  But of course, the show writes her as if she's not a day over 40.

Which also matches her I.Q.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1

Just Keeping It Real:

Once again I have to talk about personal experiences with Cancer and being a Chief Financial Officer.  I’m projecting off how TIIC handle Sharon’s cancer and her treatments but if they handle Ashland’s cancer, which is much more serious being stage 4, the same bogus way, I’m going to be really pissed off.  Cancer is very serious so please don’t handle Ashland’s cancer as no big deal. 

Now onto Tara. I’m sorry if I’m going to give all of you another boring accounting lesson but Tara’s demise is totally bogus. I’m quite sure that if you do a deep dive on Rodan’s and Lauren’s books, some malfeasance or boarder line malfeasance could be found.  Purchased made, with company funds, for personal use is  basically malfeasance. The same with Lauren’s clothes by repurposing Fenmores’ inventory for her wardrobe. Rodan lives in her own hotel rent free plus free drinks and food. Rodan thinks this is part of her salary. It is, but the only difference between what Tara and Rodan is that Tara took monetary compensation. 

Sometimes I just have to laugh when the corporate jet is used instead of commercial airlines. Personal use of the company jet just like personal use of a company car is considered taxable income. For what Banana Breath and Summer would have to pay in personal income tax for use of the company jet could have bought them quite a few first class airline tickets to Milan.  In addition, Summer’s corporate apartment is owned by NE. Since Summer doesn’t work for NE, the use of the apartment is taxable. 

Thanks SweePea59 for the heads up that Y&R moved but I missed the first 1/2 hr. I will catch up on demand.  I have to admit that I would rather watch Rodan flap it’s wings than listen to the Governor of NY. 

Two major lies and a complete idiot. First Sally with acknowledging Chelsea as a talented fashion designer. Second Jack with Summer not being involved with raising Harrison was only a cover story. Jack, you know Summer better than that. Third Mr Chipmunk berating Adam for being too nice to Mrs Chipmunk. Mr Chipmunk STFU and go find Mariah. Beside, Mr Chipmunk your a hypocrite. 

That’s it for now. I think there was a lot I missed in the first 1/2 hr. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, blackwing said:

Well, if Wikipedia is to be believed (and, it should. It’s basically my bible for life) JM is 47 & MS is 55. Under the 10 year threshold by 2 years. That’s nothing in daytime & in real life. That said, I think Stanford has been the only actress that worked well with Peter Bergman. He’s had a million actress as his love interest in his 32 years and nothing has stuck. It’s very odd. He has it all but no matter the writer(s) he’s never had a successful love interest. Maybe, Nikki if you squint your eyes but nada. Whereas on AMC that was his thing with Nina aka Taylor Miller. What actress does Y&R need to hire to go head to head with Bergman? 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

What is it with GC parents that they think their adult children will stay in GC their entire lives? Kids move away all the time. Sometimes they come home, other times they make new lives for themselves elsewhere. If they’re close to their families, they stay in touch and come home to visit. But they don’t spend their entire lives in their hometown. Jack saying he never imagined his son and grandson wouldn’t be in GC just made no sense. And Phyllis screeching that she did all this so Dummer could come home? She told her mother that she loved her job. It’s her dream job even if she isn’t remotely qualified for it. So why in the world would she give it all up to move back home? 🙄

• Useful 4
  • Love 14
17 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Well, if Wikipedia is to be believed (and, it should. It’s basically my bible for life) JM is 47 & MS is 55. Under the 10 year threshold by 2 years. That’s nothing in daytime & in real life. That said, I think Stanford has been the only actress that worked well with Peter Bergman. He’s had a million actress as his love interest in his 32 years and nothing has stuck. It’s very odd. He has it all but no matter the writer(s) he’s never had a successful love interest. Maybe, Nikki if you squint your eyes but nada. Whereas on AMC that was his thing with Nina aka Taylor Miller. What actress does Y&R need to hire to go head to head with Bergman? 

True, the actor ages aren't that far apart.  But the characters are not.  I think when Joshua Morrow first appeared in 1994, Nick was about 16?  So he'd have to be about 43 now.  Which because of SORASing, completely doesn't jibe with the fact that his son Noah has to be about 30.  I want to say that when Phyllis appeared around the same time, she had to be at least 25, perhaps 30.  If Noah is 30 then I'd say Daniel has to be at least 35, perhaps 40.  I would still peg Phyllis at 55 - 60.

I would welcome a Jack/Nikki pairing but maybe the show and the actors aren't interested in doing a triangle at their ages.  I always thought Jack/Jill would have been a good pairing.  I know they briefly explored it, not sure why they didn't want to move forward.  I think Peter Bergman and Jess Walton work well together.

5 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

What is it with GC parents that they think their adult children will stay in GC their entire lives? Kids move away all the time. Sometimes they come home, other times they make new lives for themselves elsewhere. If they’re close to their families, they stay in touch and come home to visit. But they don’t spend their entire lives in their hometown. Jack saying he never imagined his son and grandson wouldn’t be in GC just made no sense. And Phyllis screeching that she did all this so Dummer could come home? She told her mother that she loved her job. It’s her dream job even if she isn’t remotely qualified for it. So why in the world would she give it all up to move back home? 🙄

Hah.  I completely agree.  But I guess Keemo and Jack don't exchange Christmas cards, much less call or text.  And I guess Phyllis has completely forgotten about Daniel, because the mere mention of pushing-40 years old Daniel dispels the illusion that she herself is in fact not 40 years old.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, blackwing said:

True, the actor ages aren't that far apart.  But the characters are not.  I think when Joshua Morrow first appeared in 1994, Nick was about 16?  So he'd have to be about 43 now.  Which because of SORASing, completely doesn't jibe with the fact that his son Noah has to be about 30.  I want to say that when Phyllis appeared around the same time, she had to be at least 25, perhaps 30.  If Noah is 30 then I'd say Daniel has to be at least 35, perhaps 40.  I would still peg Phyllis at 55 - 60.

I would welcome a Jack/Nikki pairing but maybe the show and the actors aren't interested in doing a triangle at their ages.  I always thought Jack/Jill would have been a good pairing.  I know they briefly explored it, not sure why they didn't want to move forward.  I think Peter Bergman and Jess Walton work well together.

Hah.  I completely agree.  But I guess Keemo and Jack don't exchange Christmas cards, much less call or text.  And I guess Phyllis has completely forgotten about Daniel, because the mere mention of pushing-40 years old Daniel dispels the illusion that she herself is in fact not 40 years old.

And, Peter Bergman hates the whole Keemo thing. Which has always cracked me up. Although, I can’t recall the exact reason. I think he hated the Laun storyline and then hated the Keemo is his son storyline. Anyhoo, I did kind of like when Jack & Gloria had office sex and he was actually happy. It was very old school Jack when Terry Lester played him. I guess Peter Bergman is basically anti sexual in the romance department. Heck! He’s more into Harrison. That name has annoyed me to no end. You can’t hear it enough on this show. Hopefully, that kid goes to boarding school and quick. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I thought GT worked very well with PB. When I started watching this show she was his "Red" and they had great chemistry.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I think the worst pairing for Jack, among many, was the beautiful, tall African American woman who was a chemist and was working in cahoots with Ashley. That relationship was never, ever believable. I remember one awful scene when they were in the bedroom. He removed her blouse and literally spun her around backboards. I thought they were both going to fall onto the bed-ha. It was laughable. Shortly after that, she left the show. Thank goodness.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I think the worst pairing for Jack, among many, was the beautiful, tall African American woman who was a chemist and was working in cahoots with Ashley. That relationship was never, ever believable. I remember one awful scene when they were in the bedroom. He removed her blouse and literally spun her around backboards. I thought they were both going to fall onto the bed-ha. It was laughable. Shortly after that, she left the show. Thank goodness.

That was a strange S/L all the way down.

• Love 9

Why TF is Phyllis so bent out of shape about Summer staying in Milan? Enough! And Phyllis can miss me with those crocodile tears about Jack's life. Where was all that concern when she was cheating on him with his brother? 🤨

It's so weird to me that Ashland has to be deferential to his fiancée's parents when he's pretty much the same age as them. 😏

Be funny if Adam is the one to figure out what Ashland is really up to. Victoria would be beholden to him forever he saves NE from Ashland's unanticipated power grab.

Jack said Harrison could play baseball for the Chicago Cubs one day. Why not the Milwaukee Brewers? 🤔

Poor Harrison, getting loaded up with the baked goods again. Twenty years from now he'll be telling a therapist his eating disorder started when the adults in his life used food to try to distract him. 😑

Love, love, love Chloe reaching out to Sally, and Sally being gracious once she realized Chloe isn't in league with Phyllis. This could be the start of a beautiful friendship. 🤗

Jack, you are so wrong about Harrison's future it's not even funny. After what the boy's been through this year the last thing he needs to do now is move to a foreign country. Everything doesn't have to revolve around your spoiled brat Kyle and whatever he decides he wants this week.

IMO Kevin admonishing Adam on his shady history was rich given the crap he's pulled his own self. Pssht, effing chipmunk boy who gives underaged girls STDs and tries to kill their best friends by locking them in a building he set on fire. Shut up, Kevin. 🤨

Wait, Sally isn't going to tell Chloe that she no longer works for JCV? Did her hearing blank out when Chloe mentioned Lauren is her sister-in-law? Geez, Sally.😒

I thought that was a sweet conversation between Victoria and Victor. Not sure about him planning her wedding though. Even with Nikki to rein him in, the wedding Victor plans will be likely be a three-ring circus. It'll make Nikki and Victor's first wedding look like a Tupperware party. 🥳🥴

Whatever, based on a thing Victoria said about her relationship with Ashland, I propose this as the bride and groom's wedding song:

the beautiful, tall African American woman

Both the actress and the character she played on Y&R were British.

This comment on another soap forum cracked me up:

Phyllis is outraged that someone had the nerve to target her daughter. She knows why but she wants to know how they did it. When she understands how she may be outraged because of copyright infringement.

Copyright infringement.🤠

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why TF is Phyllis so bent out of shape about Summer staying in Milan? Enough! And Phyllis can miss me with those crocodile tears about Jack's life. Where was all that concern when she was cheating on him with his brother? 🤨

It's so weird to me that Ashland has to be deferential to his fiancée's parents when he's pretty much the same age as them. 😏

Be funny if Adam is the one to figure out what Ashland is really up to. Victoria would be beholden to him forever he saves NE from Ashland's unanticipated power grab.

Jack said Harrison could play baseball for the Chicago Cubs one day. Why not the Milwaukee Brewers? 🤔

Poor Harrison, getting loaded up with the baked goods again. Twenty years from now he'll be telling a therapist his eating disorder started when the adults in his life used food to try to distract him. 😑

Love, love, love Chloe reaching out to Sally, and Sally being gracious once she realized Chloe isn't in league with Phyllis. This could be the start of a beautiful friendship. 🤗

Jack, you are so wrong about Harrison's future it's not even funny. After what the boy's been through this year the last thing he needs to do now is move to a foreign country. Everything doesn't have to revolve around your spoiled brat Kyle and whatever he decides he wants this week.

IMO Kevin admonishing Adam on his shady history was rich given the crap he's pulled his own self. Pssht, effing chipmunk boy who gives underaged girls STDs and tries to kill their best friends by locking them in a building he set on fire. Shut up, Kevin. 🤨

Wait, Sally isn't going to tell Chloe that she no longer works for JCV? Did her hearing blank out when Chloe mentioned Lauren is her sister-in-law? Geez, Sally.😒

I thought that was a sweet conversation between Victoria and Victor. Not sure about him planning her wedding though. Even with Nikki to rein him in, the wedding Victor plans will be likely be a three-ring circus. It'll make Nikki and Victor's first wedding look like a Tupperware party. 🥳🥴

Whatever, based on a thing Victoria said about her relationship with Ashland, I propose this as the bride and groom's wedding song:

Both the actress and the character she played on Y&R were British.

This comment on another soap forum cracked me up:

Copyright infringement.🤠

Okay. I’m not sure why that was important to say but my comment still stands.

• Love 1

Okay. I’m not sure why that was important to say but my comment still stands.

The actress who played Kerry was not African American. She was British, and the character she played was ultimately revealed to be British as well. Not all Black people are African American.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

On 8/9/2021 at 1:52 PM, peacheslatour said:

And you know that L.A. is just teeming with young, hot actors waiting tables, waiting for their break. It's not like it would be hard to replace him.

There are as many young, hot, talented actor roaming the streets of Los Angeles with their headshots as there are fleas on a Norwegian rat -- Too many to count.

There's also the question of how TIIC are budgeting for the cast, and how the scripts are written to accommodate the budget.

It's noticeable how skimped Show is; for instance, the NYC trip with Locke-ness and Victoria and all we are shown is the bed and sitting-room of his condo, but TIIC don't show us the doctor's appointment to discuss his cancer treatment (a very important sea-change in Locke-ness approach to his future). The proposal was a good scene between them, but so much more happened in NYC and TIIC didn't show it to us. The only thing I can think of that would stop TIIC is the budget.

On 8/9/2021 at 3:50 PM, Waldo13 said:

Ok, today’s interpretation of what Tara has done is misappropriation of funds.  This is the unauthorized use of ANOTHER PERSON property or funds. It’s Tara’s company and she authorized the use of her funds as she saw fit.  In reading the definition of misappropriation, it’s actually Rodan who committed misappropriation by taking Sally’s phone and representing herself as Sally in sending text message to Tara. Rodan stole Sally’s name with the unauthorized use of her phone and unauthorized use of her property. 

If Tara's lawyer (not that we'll see it) doesn't have the evidence against her thrown out (fruit of the poisonous tree), then the two of them deserve to end up in prison.

Phyllis needs to be charged, but nothing is going to happen to her. Between the gloating and Jack glad-handing her actions, it's unlikely Reality will show up on Show. It's hard to believe that TIIC are writing Phyllis as a heroine after how she went about stealing Sally's phone to manufacture a video to cause Jack/Kyle to start hounding Tara, and hacked Tara's business accounts to discover the misappropriation of funds.

It now looks like Ashland will take his treatments in GC instead of better equipped dedicated cancer hospitals in NYC. I’m betting Naty Nate Nate, whose not an oncologist, will be monitoring his progress. 

Dr. Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate Nate has just been made Chief of Surgery at Newman Memorial Hospital, but I'm sure he still has time to act as oncologist to Locke-ness, after he plays Ask The Doctor web thingy he does for Chance Dot Com, but not before he boinks Elena on empty gurney's at Newman Memorial (Clinic Fun and Games!). 

For the first time in like forever, I enjoyed the look on Rodan’s face when Kyle and Summer announced they where staying in Milan.  The best part was freezing Rodan’s face on my TV with the DVR 😂😂😂😂

I can't feel sorry for her. As many posters have pointed out, Phyllis didn't listen to Dumber when she said she loved Milan and the new job. That's the way of it. Phyllis demands and someone is far enough away to not be forced to comply.

The Greek Chorus of Jack, Lauren, and Rodan are bastardizing Sally for getting Summer a job she loves. They should be thanking her.  No Rodan, Summer didn’t loose everything, she gained by being in Milan away from her meddling mother.  Rodan is so full of shit. Rodan did it for herself not for Summer.  Summer is all full of shit because she really doesn’t want Harrison here in Milan.

That was the most unprofessional and outrageous dogpile I've seen on Show in a number of years. 

The frontal attack by Lauren was madness; I can't imagine confronting an employee, dressing them down and firing them in a coffee shop. To add insult to injury they're joined by Phyllis in a flank attack howling like a banshee and Jack enters from another door (didn't Jack and Phyllis leave together; Continuity people!) so he can finish Sally off with a couple of personal insults.

Sally spends most of her time making questionable decisions to further her career and personal goals, but no one deserves a public flogging over moving Dumber off to a better job in Italy to take over the JVC job, no matter how underhanded her methods. She had nothing to do with Tara's threats to Dumber or, as far as I can remember, knew anything about them. Tara was the one that needlessly blew up her marriage to Locke-ness and decided to use Locke Jr. as a bargaining chip to become a member of the Abbott clan by latching on to Kyle.

I wondered if Sally had signed her hiring contract with Fenmore's before she was fired, but apparently TIIC chose not to go there.

Poor poor Rodan, Rodan has the sads but I’m doing a Snoopy Dance 🥳🥳🥳

giphy.gif

Now we will see who loves Harrison more Ashland or Kyle. Will Ashland allow Harrison to go to Milan or will Kyle stay in Milan without Harrison trading a very smart child for a  dimwitted adult child?  I believe Tara could and should not allow Harrison go to Milan. 

Kyle is busy schmooping in Milan, celebrating his reunion with Dumber.

<blerg>

I am astonished that Locke-ness keeps leaving Locke Jr. at the Abbott Mansion without Kyle playing daddy -- Kyle still hasn't filed a paternity change for Jr in NY state. 

I don't care about Locke-ness' cancer treatments or who is Jr's bio-dad at this point, Locke-ness is still Jr's legal father and should take custody of his son. 

Jack is in a romance with Jr, and that's going to result in a court fight over Jr because Kyle is too busy having his head banged into a Milanese bedroom wall; exactly the thing all the adults in Locke Jr's life say they don't want to put him through.

5 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Two major lies and a complete idiot. First Sally with acknowledging Chelsea as a talented fashion designer. Second Jack with Summer not being involved with raising Harrison was only a cover story. Jack, you know Summer better than that. Third Mr Chipmunk berating Adam for being too nice to Mrs Chipmunk. Mr Chipmunk STFU and go find Mariah. Beside, Mr Chipmunk your a hypocrite. 

To be fair, everyone acted as if the schmatta Chelsea designed were to be collected like holy relics. It was dingy crap, and Chelsea never wore any of it herself. <shrug> Chelsea as an exclusive designer was an unconvincing SL that ended as a grift to steal sales from Lauren, and line Chelsea's pockets with get-away money. Not enough money because she came back to annoy with her special load of Krazy.

For the first time in weeks, Sally finally stopped talking long enough to learn something about the person she was with. She was very cool about her JVC firing, which is not a bad tactic. Sally must have some idea what she would be up against at Newman Media. Atonal, Victor, Chelsea and Chloe all live their lives out loud, she's bound to figure out a way to weasel her way into Chelsea's position. 

Kevin has Atonal dead to rights. When the Real Atonal Adam arrives, Kevin is going to have to get in line for the beat down.

Nobody cares enough about Mariah being missing for weeks to bother filling out a missing persons report.

<sigh>

Morons.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 13

Locke was absolutely right.  Kyle is in no way serious as a "father" if he's going to prioritize his airhead GF over his son having any kind of stability in his life.  Locke is still the kid's father and no way can or should let this happen.  I'm really hoping it turns out Kyle's not even the bio dad, but knowing Kyle, he'll forget about him and not care in a minute anyway. 

That was a lovely scene between Victor and Victoria.  EB and AH work so well with each other.  

It's horrible but also kind of appropriate that Phyllis thinks friend zoning Jack is a great idea after cheating on and rejecting him.   Then again, she's so selfish and ignorant maybe she doesn't even get it at all. I thought Derpy McNewman was such a great catch, he can't be bothered?    The dude is her bumbling wind up toy.

I know she's not the most popular person here, but I thought Chloe looked really cute today.  

• Love 11
On 8/9/2021 at 7:59 PM, gingerella said:

but come ON, it's a huge ass stain. How could nobody SEE that?!?

At TB's age (58), I doubt it is a "lady stain", but she must have sat on spilled coffee or something

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

At TB's age (58), I doubt it is a "lady stain", but she must have sat on spilled coffee or something

It's probably not a "lady stain"... but perhaps she just peed her pants.  Sometimes it gets harder to control the bladder with age, when you gotta go, you gotta go.  She thought she could make it until the next scene, and thought wrong?

I am kind of surprised that they wouldn't just use a blow dryer to dry the dress and do another take.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Can the day change please so that Phyl can be seen in something other than that fugly green top? 

And the skirt. She seems to like it A LOT:

IAf67HC.jpg

3SN2PYO.jpg

vPChO3k.jpg

I mean, it's an okay skirt but I think it's becoming like her version of those sweat pants you wear because they always fit within plus or minus 15 lbs. Maybe that's her quarantine skirt, lol.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

I thought that was a sweet conversation between Victoria and Victor. Not sure about him planning her wedding though. Even with Nikki to rein him in, the wedding Victor plans will be likely be a three-ring circus. It'll make Nikki and Victor's first wedding look like a Tupperware party. 🥳🥴

Nah, Show's budget for that sort of thing is lost to history. In fact, I doubt very much there's even going to be a wedding, more's the pity. I really like Ashland but we can never have nice things. At least not for long.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

First 1/2 hr 8/10:

Rodan are you that obtuse?  Summer, beside being more successful in Milan than she could be in GC, Summer, maybe for the last time, has cut the umbilical cord. Summer tried before but she always came back to Rodan.  Stop it, just stop  rationalizing why Summer left. Ultimately Summer left because she WANTED to leave.  Tara and Sally just gave her the opportunity to leave GC.  Banana Breath is placating Rodan because he knows, deep down in his heart, that Rodan has done much worse than Sally ever thought of.  Sally is a much better friend, to Jack, than Rodan could be.  Are the TIIC revisiting the Rodan/Jack dynamic?  

Banana Breath, Tara is not going to loose her rights to Harrison over a contrived white color crime. Did Lily loose her rights to the twins?  Do drug addicts loose there rights to their children after going through rehab and a probation period.  Did Chelsea loose her rights to Connor?  

Didn’t someone post that Jack would be a much better grandfather than Kyle will be a father.  Oh, I believe that was me. Jack and Harrison playing ball was adorable. But did Jack have to throw Harrison’s water bottle in the grass. Also, Harrison is a better conversation than either Kyle or Summer. I would have laughed when Jack was told he was going to see his father and Harrison said which one. 

Side effects mild to severe?  Bull shit if it’s mild.  I also call bull shit if there is no radiation treatments and weekly blood tests to monitor progress and white blood cell counts. I let this go with Sharon but I’m not with Ashland because his cancer is far more advanced.  

As an aside:  I saw Ben (Stitch) on an episode of NCIS yesterday. He played a drug dealing murdering Naval Officer. He was much younger and thinner and at first, I only recognized him by his voice. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

Have Lily & Billy ever commiserated on how they are both responsible for deaths of family members due to their own negligence?

Phylly's green mylar blouse & sparkly skirt look like a weather balloon.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2

Rodan, you raised a strong independent woman 😂. You raised a self centered selfish little girl in your image who finally woke up and stopped living under your massive wings.  The sadder Rodan gets the happier I get.  Hey Rodan, you reap what you sow.  Jack is the voice of reason while reason is not in Rodan’s vocabulary. 

Finally, are they going some attention to Mariah. Rey, you schmuck. You can read Chelsea but you can’t read Mariah that it’s not anywhere in her character that she just, out of the blue, ran and hid.  Rey, your a “great” detective and you can’t detect that Mariah could have been kidnapped.  At least Abby and Tessa entertained the idea but know Tessa is putting her foot down and demanding more has to be done to find Mariah because she knows this is not like Mariah at all.  Maybe Tessa finally convince the others to see it her way. 

Of course of all the people, in GC, Chloe would be the one to commiserate with Sally.  I’m starting to like Chloe because she’s really starting to recognize talent.  Chloe also had a great line with if there was a question about an unreasonable past, Adam and her would be the first ones out of the door.  Check that, the best line of the day goes to Adam. “So your saying you and Sally have a lot in common”.  “Is that why you don’t like her”?The look on Jack’s face was priceless. Even more priceless when I paused my DVR on his face.  

Is getting to the point where Rodan’s obsession, with Sally, is boarder line slanderous.  Now what Rodan?  Adam doesn’t seem to give a shit about you and what you think.  I thought it finally be over with Rodan roasting and chewing up Sally. Silly rabbit, somebody down there 😈 loves Rodan. 

• Love 15

And that is why I f**ks with Adam even after numerous portrayers and infinite crimes. He ran into the Dumpster Humper and managed to ruin her day with just a 30 second conversation. Even Jack had to chuckle at those verbal jabs.

With that combined brainpower trying to solve Mariah’s disappearance, they won’t find her until the baby is ready to collect social security.

Edited by nasir jones
ETA
  • LOL 19
  • Love 2

What the heck, Abby's hair. Did she sleep on it while it was still wet? 😼

Phyllis' Woe is Me Tour continues. 😑 I think Phyllis sees Summer as being ungrateful, though she doesn't come right out and say it.

Oy, Chelsea can't seriously want to hang out with Adam again, even using Connor as a buffer. At least Adam let her down easy.

I'm so glad Sally came clean with Chloe. Chloe is certainly in no position to be judgmental given her own psycho history. She, Sally, and Chelsea can become GC's three musketeers of fashion, and maybe Sally will find some true friendship and support.

Only Princess Abby can manage to be obsessed with being obsessed. IMO Devon is a good friend to her, talking her down when she needs it. Too bad the real talk doesn't stick.

Phyllis and Jack should've have gone to the Glassy Pooper for their drink. Whatever, I'm thinking Phyllis might need someone to put her on WI's version of a 5150 hold. She's utterly losing her mind over Sally and her brain needs a good defragging. 🤖🦇🦤🥨🗿🧯

I can't figure out if Rey is just a bad detective or if he thinks the women are being hysterical about Mariah's absence and he doesn't want to to look foolish by taking them seriously. Meh, Abby or Tessa should have had a private PI on it weeks ago instead of relying on Sharon or Rey's advice.

Back in February Phyllis described Sally:

• she's manipulative
  • she's dangerous
  • she masquerades as everybody's pal, everybody's friend
  • she's thirsty
  • she desires attention and approval, it's like she's obsessed with it
  • she goes after what's not hers and she'll do anything to get it
  • she's snarky

Today she added:

• Selfish
  • Self-centered
  • Devious

At some point Phyllis is going to run out of negative adjectives and descriptions, right? (At least the kind that can be said on broadcast TV. 😏)This is getting ridiculous.🤬

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

Poor Phyllis.  No, I mean that.  Listen to me.  How would any of us feel if our pet rabid baby platypus suddenly ran off and became the Creative Director of Meerkat Manor?  Wouldn't we all miss them like crazy?  Especially if we WERE crazy?  And Phyllis has taken 'crazy' to a sort of level that should be heralded by someone signaling this 

giphy.gif

everytime she opens her mouth.

I guess we could be nice and just call her a stone cold, emotionally manipulative bully but nah, I'm going with another clinical diagnosis of simply psychotically unhinged.

Nothing says "Mother Love" in Phyllis Land like frothing at the mouth and sounding like a possessed fugle horn, apparently.  

Phyllis comes off as many things, none of them good, but "maternal" has never been one of them.  I'd always figured her way of changing Dummer's diapers was to take her out in the yard and hose her down.  To be fair, that's how she keeps Nick all spiffed up and ready for his close up, and I figure she uses a hand vac for herself so her idea of baby care isn't that farfetched for her.  Daniel only made it through as a mostly normal guy because he was raised by Danny Romalotti and Gina and Phyllis didn't get her psycho hands on him until well past the impressionable age.

She said that Daniel lives in Savannah and she sees him "like never".  That's not a surprise, though, considering that Savannah is a whole 2 - 3 hours by air.  Probably a bit more if she flew under her own wing power.  Daniel got it right.  He visited her regularly when she was in a coma in the hospital in Georgia and like the smart guy he is, promptly stopped seeing her the second she woke up.

I hope that Jack will not compound the many dumbass decisions he's made over the past few years by getting back together with Phyllis Pennywise Summers.  

giphy.gif

Down here, Jackie, we all float.  

No Jack, get your balloon fix from someone else.  Hell, see if Patty Williams is available if you have to.  JUST NOT PHYLLIS.

Tessa should offer the kidnapper Sharon, Abby, Devon and Rey Rey in exchange for Mariah.  It wouldn't be adequate punishment for what Mariah's been through but it would be a start.

Chloe, I'm softening to you like I never have before!  Sally, good job fessing up to everything with Chloe.  Start off with a clean slate and enjoy being the sanest member of Newman Media.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8

So we’ve become convinced, if we weren’t before, that this whole story has been about Phyllis!! I did all of this for YOU, SUMMER!!!!!! Everything was FOR YOU, SUMMER!!!!! Feel sorry FOR ME, SUMMER!!!! Will someone please kill this woman once and for all?! We’ll all take up a collection and pay you handsomely!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Gam2 said:

So we’ve become convinced, if we weren’t before, that this whole story has been about Phyllis!! I did all of this for YOU, SUMMER!!!!!! Everything was FOR YOU, SUMMER!!!!! Feel sorry FOR ME, SUMMER!!!! Will someone please kill this woman once and for all?! We’ll all take up a collection and pay you handsomely!

It’s want what Rodan wants and nobody else matters.  Not even Summer. Not even the lord almighty. 

Questions:  Has Chloe had direct interaction with Rodan?  I know Rodan did, with Kevin, when Rodan stole the computer program from him and gave it to Jabot. Why would anything Rodan says, about Sally, would be of his concern?  In addition, Sally has not had any dealings with Kevin and Chloe until now. Kudos to Chloe once again for ignoring Rodan.  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 8

I sincerely hope that they bring Daniel back just to date Sally. Although, I have always thought she’d be great paired with Noah since they both have artistic careers. I’m sure Phyllis would find a way to freak out about that too. Phyllis acts like Dummer has never left home before, but it wasn’t that long ago that Dummer was working overseas for Newman in Dubai. This whole vendetta against Sally has been a complete overreaction since Sally arrived into town.  I’m glad she’s getting a second chance with Chloe. Was today’s meeting with Adam a chem test perhaps? 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I sincerely hope that they bring Daniel back just to date Sally.

OMG, that would be amazing just to see Phyllis' head explode. Bonus points if Sally got pregnant with Phyllis' second grandchild.

Was today’s meeting with Adam a chem test perhaps? 

I was wondering about that too. If it was indeed meant to be a chem test I don't think it was a very good one. Adam and Sally need to have a scene or two without Chloe or someone else acting as an intermediary so I can decide if I think they'll work as a couple. And if the writers do move in that direction, I want Adam to be the one to pursue Sally instead of her doing what she did with Jack.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, rcc said:

Phyllis needs to visit Daniel. Give herself a break and we definitely need a break from her.

Awww, what did Daniel ever do you?

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

OMG, that would be amazing just to see Phyllis' head explode. Bonus points if Sally got pregnant with Phyllis' second grandchild.

Knowing Phyllis, she would hunt down Daisy and have her drive Sally away from her son.  Hey, it just occurred to me that Lucy has a new baby cousin in Los Angeles!

Edited by Snaporaz
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2