Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Oh how dumb. The dumpster hacks into someone’s finances and has them arrested the same day. Please. Jack deserves to be alone thanking his stupid “Red.” As many times as the Dumpster cheated on him he keeps treating her like she’s some wonderful lady in his life. She banged his brother. Why does he allow her in the Abbott home? Idiot.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21

I could not believe it when Jack and Kyle were bouncing off the walls trying to hatch a plot to prevent Tara leaving with Whoseson. Seem to me all they had to do was call Ashland Locke and inform him that his son was being moved to another state without his permission. He could have at least "locked" that kid down.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Once again WTF?  Rodan is going to save Lauren from Tara?  Does Rodan thinks that Lauren is too stupid to save her own company?  Rodan thinks that nobody is able to shit or piss without her permission and direction. 

I had to laugh when Sharon thought Moses handed Faith the Beatles While Album. That would have been a million times better than the album that Faith received.  

If TIIC somehow give Kyle rights to keep Harrison in GC, than fuck them to high hell. Kyle has no rights!  Just like Rodan, Kyle shoots first and asks questions later.  No Kyle, you are doing this out of spite not Tara. Tara did what she thought what was best for Harrison and that includes getting Summer out of the way.  Kyle learned spite from Rodan and her protege Summer.  

Banana Breath, coerced is a very strong word. It was more like persuaded by a fantastic job and not having to be a step bitch.  Summer really wanted to go so she wasn’t tar and feathered and lashed to a rail. 

First of all, Tara didn’t commit fraud to move money to her personal account. It can be construed as compensation as long as it’s recorded on the books. In addition, Tara never submitted the financial statements to Lauren so there was no fraud committed so Wisconsin State Law does not apply.  Don’t act so high and mighty Lauren, if you did your do diligence you wouldn’t gone into business without Rodan’s help.  

For the first time I have to give Jack a big fuck you for apologizing to Rodan who broke the law more times than can be counted. Also, a big fuck you to Rodan who used her children as leverage also. 

If it was me, I would wipe that shit eating grin off Rodan’s fact by dropping a dime to the IRS and have Rodan’s financial scrutinized. 

Now let’s see how much Ashland loves Harrison because it’s him not Kyle who should take custody of Harrison. 

Warp speed:  Tara’s accountant, from NY and most likely a prestigious accounting firm who’s partners sign off on Tara’s financial, rats her out. More Warp Speed with Kyle showing up in Milan. What’s worse than Rodan’s shit eating grin is Summer swallowing Kyle’s face.  Since Kyle is leaving and there is no replacement in sight, maybe Summer won’t want to come back to GC. Let’s pray. 

I have to ask how did Rodan become TIIC pet monster giving her all that airtime?  Has she performed “special favors” or does she have compromising photos of TIIC fucking 🐑

Finally I have to say to all of those involved in the Summer summer of idiocy, fuck them all the short the fat and the tall. 

• Love 19

Wow, Kyle jumped bad with Tara and she jumped right back. He wasn't expecting that.

Lacrosse camp? I thought Adam pulled Connor away from Chelsea so he could be with his family in GC. Then Adam sent him away again? No wonder the kid has behavioral problems.

Rey, when Victor tries to hire you as his personal whatever, run in the other direction because sooner or later he's going to want you to do some shady if not illegal stuff. And do you really want to be living 100 yards from your boss?

The Beatles White album. That was not on my YR cultural references bingo card. 🤔

I loved those "what's this old coot up to?" looks Rey was giving Victor. Now watch Victor do something to cause Rey to lose his GCPD job since he doesn't like to take no for an answer.

Eh, Adam, you sure you want to be bringing up Sharon to Nick? 😑

Tara made the classic Bond villain mistake: gloating and running her mouth instead of just getting on with it. As soon as she had an inkling the jig was up she should've grabbed Harrison and left. Giving Kyle time to get his boxers in a twist was unnecessary.

So Phyllis didn't give two sh!ts that Harrison might be traumatized seeing his mother get arrested? IMO she is a vile human being. All because her whiny, growna$$ daughter got run out of town to a fabulous job in Europe she probably never would've gotten if Sally hadn't "helped."

Oh so now Phyllis is claiming she did it to save Fenmores from big bad Tara. Girl, bye. Lauren has been running Fenmores for decades without needing you to rescue her from crooked business deals. 😐

Ugh, apparently it was Phyllis Tongue Bath Day. Bleh. Ptooey. 😖

How many times is Adam going to promise Sharon to stay away from her? At least this time he didn't go tell her in person. 🙄

So much loss for wee Harrison in a short time. Bet Ashland is going to sue for custody now, especially if he and Victoria get married.

Is the role of Kyle being recast? And did he teleport to Milan? 

Re the previews: Sally and Chloe! Alrighty then. Get ready, Adam. Hurricane Sally is coming your way and she might be the woman of your dreams. 😉

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 16

I’m sorry but I’ve been stewing about this all afternoon. TIIC just had to not only give Rodan the win but had to allow her to humiliate Tara instead of confessing and working out an arrangement with Kyle. Rodan has Banana  Breath call Tara’s accountant and in a flash he makes accusations that are determined to be true and a warrant is instantly issued on said accusations and Tara is arrested without being questioned to defend herself. Than Rodan, Kyle, Lauren, and Jack bloviate on how terrible Tara is for wanting the best for her child just like everyone else wants for their child.  Also they are hypocrites because they give a shit about Rodan being separated from Summer but not 2 shits about Tara being separated from Harrison.  To quote Jessica Rabbit, “I’m not evil, I’m just drawn that way”. So are we to believe that Rodan is not evil she is just written that way. Why do I get the feeling that Rodan writes her own scrips. 

One last thing I have to reiterate. Tara didn’t commit fraud because she didn’t give Lauren her financial statements misrepresenting her company.  Tara was arrested in Wisconsin but that’s not in their jurisdiction. Moving money could be compensation or a distribution of funds to the officers of the company and not stealing.  If it would be deemed stealing though, that’s a Federal Crime. Any benefactors, to Tara’s company, wouldn’t do business with her without audited financial statements witch would be signed off by her account.  

• Love 15

Phyllis has always been insufferable but holy moly, she’ll be on top after this coup. If God is good, and I believe He is, Summer and Kyle will decide to live in Milan. Her mom and dad will have to visit them there. As will Jack. Please make this happen!

• Love 18
8 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Oh how dumb. The dumpster hacks into someone's finances and has them arrested the same day. Please. 

How the police got an arrest warrant with hacked evidence (fruit from the poisonous tree) is a legitimate question, one that won't be asked or answered --  Wouldn't it be a hoot if Tara was released on insufficient evidence, returns to the Abbott Mansion and walks out with Locke Jr? Copious tears from Jack as Kyle warp speed boinks Dumber on her coffee table/desk in Milan.

Nick strong-arming Tara's accountant (How did he happen to be conveniently in Genoa City? What is the legitimacy of the accountant's statement against Tara when he agreed to balance the books to cover the embezzlement of investor funds?)

The evidence complied against Tara could easily be discounted and thrown out of court because of where it comes from and how it was discovered.

Jack deserves to be alone thanking his stupid “Red.” As many times as the Dumpster cheated on him he keeps treating her like she’s some wonderful lady in his life. She banged his brother. Why does he allow her in the Abbott home? Idiot.

Clearly TIIC are glossing over that entire episode because it doesn't fit into their redrawing of her character as Phoenix Rising: Phyllis Triumphant. 

6049d2a16d7171bba16694b505dfe663f25bf898

RODAN SMASH!

8 hours ago, Julyolo said:

I could not believe it when Jack and Kyle were bouncing off the walls trying to hatch a plot to prevent Tara leaving with Whoseson. Seem to me all they had to do was call Ashland Locke and inform him that his son was being moved to another state without his permission. He could have at least "locked" that kid down.

Why didn't Kyle/Jack call Locke-ness? He's still recognized as legal custodian and father of record on Locke Jr's birth certificate. Shouldn't Locke-ness be immediately notified that the mother of his son has been arrested for embezzlement and is being cared for by the Abbott's, presumed family of the bio-dad?

Tara had just filed to have herself made sole custodian of Jr,, but nothing had been codified at her arrest. Kyle hasn't done the hard work of having Jr's birth certificate changed to have him written in as bio-father -- There would be a NY State DNA test done by a certified lab, hopefully proving Kyle not Jr's father.

The entire Who's the Daddy? and custody issue SL with Locke Jr is outrageous nonsense. Kyle/Jack/Phyllis all screaming at Tara using Locke Jr as leverage to secure a comfortable future life is the height of hypocrisy.  

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The Beatles White album. That was not on my YR cultural references bingo card. 🤔

I remember reading an interview with GR(Kevin) and he was talking about what was on the jukebox at Crimson Lights. He listed all these fake band names and song titles. The only one I remember him saying was the band name, Cat Head. Haha, maybe that should have been who they should have referenced. I'm sure Sharon Rosales hasn't changed anything in the jukebox since she first originally opened Crimson Lights.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

How the police got an arrest warrant with hacked evidence (fruit from the poisonous tree) is a legitimate question, one that won't be asked or answered --  Wouldn't it be a hoot if Tara was released on insufficient evidence, returns to the Abbott Mansion and walks out with Locke Jr? Copious tears from Jack as Kyle warp speed boinks Dumber on her coffee table/desk in Milan.

Nick strong-arming Tara's accountant (How did he happen to be conveniently in Genoa City? What is the legitimacy of the accountant's statement against Tara when he agreed to balance the books to cover the embezzlement of investor funds?)

The evidence complied against Tara could easily be discounted and thrown out of court because of where it comes from and how it was discovered.

Clearly TIIC are glossing over that entire episode because it doesn't fit into their redrawing of her character as Phoenix Rising: Phyllis Triumphant. 

6049d2a16d7171bba16694b505dfe663f25bf898

RODAN SMASH!

Why didn't Kyle/Jack call Locke-ness? He's still recognized legally as legal custodian and father of record on Locke Jr's birth certificate. Shouldn't Locke-ness be immediately notified that the mother of his son has been arrested for embezzlement and is being cared for by the Abbott's, presumed family of the bio-dad?

Tara had just filed to have herself made sole custodian of Jr,, but nothing had been codified at her arrest. Kyle hasn't done the hard work of having Jr's birth certificate changed to have him written in as bio-father -- There would be a NY State DNA test done by a certified lab, hopefully proving Kyle not Jr's father.

The entire Who's the Daddy? and custody issue SL with Locke Jr is outrageous nonsense. Kyle/Jack/Phyllis all screaming at Tara using Locke Jr as leverage to secure a comfortable future life is the height of hypocrisy.  

Once again I say there was a rush to judgement. What evidence has been provided other than the word or the accountant?  Who made the judgement that Tara was guilty and not set up by her accountant?  How did the accountant know about Tara’s personal off shore account? Who verified that she has one?  There are more holes in this story than there are in Filandia Swiss Cheese. 

Again I say Tara didn’t commit embezzlement because she’s the owner of the company but Nostrils actually committed embezzlement because he was basically only an employee of Jabot. Oh, I forgot, didn’t Rodan help Nostrils cover it up?  

Kyle and Jack have no rights when it comes to Harrison. If Ashland wants to take Harrison to NY, there is nothing Jack and Kyle can do about it. 

• Love 11

How many Y&R characters does it take to prop a Phyllis?  Sheesh, this had to rank as one of the worst episodes ever.  It actually made me angry.  Now we know why there are so few sets, because MS's teeth marks destroyed all of the others.  I know everybody hates Cricket, but oh how I wished she were in that room when Phyllis was on her very high horse pontificating about people who think they're above the law.  I really hope that either Halliburton is somebody else's kid or that Ashland gets custody of him.  Jackie, Jackie, Jackie, sometimes you are too stupid for words, like now.  I knew that apology was coming, but I did not expect you to resuscitate "Red".  Kyle, Lola made you tolerable, but Summer's particular brand of dumb is highly contagious.  Summer had to speak four words of Italian and she butchered every last one of them.  Vattene affanculo, y'all!

On the flip side, Sally being in the orbit of Chloe/Chelsea/Adam has the potential to be pretty entertaining, and it makes way more sense than wasting her as a foil for Summer.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 21

JFC.  I'm not sure if I've ever seen an episode in particular so dedicated to propping one character, and I've had the misfortune of watching GH.  

Every other female character does something wrong and gets hung out to dry, while this human parking violation and her Dotter (must be Italian) can betray, steal, denigrate, and use their fucking liver as a bargaining chip and get rewarded for it.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Love 21

I hope Sally goes burned earth on Rodan and her supplicants. She needs to call ol'oily balls and get the dirt on Kummer. A nice 'Blind' Item to a gossip column about a scion of a GC Family having revenge sex with his own niece and daughter of his Rodan....errr mistress. 

I think Adam would get blamed but he'd probably enjoy it.

• Love 19
9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

qbRnIk6.gif

Sadly, there have been no show runners that haven’t sucked since probably Bill Bell and that lady who was his protege (or am I misremembering)?

I gotta say, today was rather satisfying! I got to see the Melting MILF that is Tara get taken away in handcuffs. That? Was super fun! She really just let it all out Kyle and Jack but Big Red SyPh pulled a rabbit out of the hat with that corporate embezzlement. I never thought I’d say this but SyPh finally did something I’m totally good with because she got Tara off my screen. I loved how righteous Lady Fenmore’s was about almost being taken for a ride, yet she’s protected Sally for months, when she’s as obvious as obvious could be as being a fucking snake.

I was amused to see Kyle get super pissed off when he realized that Tara forced Dummer out of town, when he seemed to get over that heartbreak pretty quickly. I see you Kyle, you Herman Munster blockhead. And did anyone else laugh when the next scene he shows up at Dummer’s Milan pied a terre?!? 

I cant wait til next week when Sally gets her comeuppance!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, JNavarro said:

JFC.  I'm not sure if I've ever seen an episode in particular so dedicated to propping one character, and I've had the misfortune of watching GH.  

Every other female character does something wrong and gets hung out to dry, while this human parking violation and her Dotter (must be Italian) can betray, steal, denigrate, and use their fucking liver as a bargaining chip and get rewarded for it.  

Phyllis makes Carly seem self-effacing and dedicated to good works.  

11 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

How many Y&R characters does it take to prop a Phyllis?  Sheesh, this had to rank as one of the worst episodes ever.  It actually made me angry.  Now we know why there are so few sets, because MS's teeth marks destroyed all of the others.  I know everybody hates Cricket, but oh how I wished she were in that room when Phyllis was on her very high horse pontificating about people who think they're above the law.  I really hope that either Halliburton is somebody else's kid or that Ashland gets custody of him.  Jackie, Jackie, Jackie, sometimes you are too stupid for words, like now.  I knew that apology was coming, but I did not expect you to resuscitate "Red".  Kyle, Lola made you tolerable, but Summer's particular brand of dumb is highly contagious.  Summer had to speak four words of Italian and she butchered every last one of them.  Vattene affanculo, y'all!

On the flip side, Sally being in the orbit of Chloe/Chelsea/Adam has the potential to be pretty entertaining, and it makes way more sense than wasting her as a foil for Summer.

This is the first episode in forever that I deliberately decided to skip, thanks to all of you and your descriptions of what occurred.

Snaporaz, all I'd add to Cricket being present for Phyllis' rant would be a surprise appearance by Danny Romalatti, who could have just stared at Phyllis in her self-righteous rant, since she did the exact same thing to him with Daniel, only much much worse.  That particular sin of hers reverberated for years.  Ditto what she did to Jack with Dummer.

Lipstick on a pig is an insult to the porcine set.

I pity the cleanup crew who had to deal with all the over acting MS has done this week.  The whole sound stage must have been coated in her spittle.  I'm surprised Kyle's bouffant survived the deluge.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 10
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I really hope that either Halliburton is somebody else's kid or that Ashland gets custody of him. 

I think that Harrison is Assland's kid; but I cannot figure out why Tara played this stupid game with the Abbotts.

I had hoped all along that Tara and Assland were in this together, but I guess not/

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, gingerella said:

I gotta say, today was rather satisfying! I got to see the Melting MILF that is Tara get taken away in handcuffs. That? Was super fun! She really just let it all out Kyle and Jack but Big Red SyPh pulled a rabbit out of the hat with that corporate embezzlement. I never thought I’d say this but SyPh finally did something I’m totally good with because she got Tara off my screen. I loved how righteous Lady Fenmore’s was about almost being taken for a ride, yet she’s protected Sally for months, when she’s as obvious as obvious could be as being a fucking snake.

I am 100% with you. I've been watching Y&R since about 1984, and I have just completely given up trying to make sense of anything on this show. I'm a researcher by trade and also a Virgo, and one of the hardest things for me to do is conjure up a willing sense of disbelief. 😂😂 Anyway, I'm cosigning everything above as Tara's expiration date has long passed and it's high time her simpering, pant-suited ass rode off into the sunset. I never thought that she'd actually take her exit in handcuffs, but I'm not mad about it. Toodles, Tara!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Why do I get the feeling that Rodan writes her own scrips. 

Now we know!  That's why the stories/plots/unresearched facts are so bad!  There are no monkeys, just MS.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3

I’m in the minority but I’ll miss Tara just a little. I’m still hoping that Sally will get one over on the Dumpster at some point. It’s a shame that Jack is turning his back on having a girlfriend to appease his cheating disgusting ex and her Uncle Billy banging idiot of a dotter. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

I have news for Rodan and Lauren, you cannot tell if anyone was “embezzling” from financial statements. I know because I’ve prepared and read financial statements for 35 years.  As long as assets equal liabilities plus retained earnings the financial statements are kosher. Financial statements can only tell you if a company makes a profit or loosing money. It takes a detailed audit to discover any wrong doings.  As I said before, her accountant had to prepare audited financial statements for Tara to be able to get loans, investments etc.  Oh by the way, wouldn’t Ashland been a major investor in Tara’s company?  Ashland’s reputation would be at risk if he didn’t know what Tara was doing. Tax returns tax returns tax returns, that’s all you hear. As with financial statements, there’s really nothing to be learned other than how much taxes were paid and the deductions taken to determine how much tax needs to be paid.  In addition, to determine if “embezzlement” occurred, you need banking records and those records cannot be obtained without a court order. If Tara did have an offshore account, those banks don’t comply to US court orders.  I hope I didn’t bore you with the accounting lesson.

Now on to Rodan and her undeniable underhanded stupidity. Did Rodan actually listen to Summer?  I mean really listen?  Summer told Rodan the ultimate truth that she couldn’t handle being a step bitch, that there was the other women that once had Kyle’s affection, and she couldn’t handle not being the center of Kyle’s world.  Maybe Rodan got rid of Tara but Rodan didn’t get rid of Summer’s main antagonist, Harrison. So now what now?  Kyle somehow gets Ashland to allow him to take care of Harrison. Summer comes home, gives up a fantastic job, and still is unhappy because she has to deal with Harrison. Or Kyle goes to Milan, somehow with Harrison, and Summer once again has to deal with Harrison.  That fantastic father, Kyle is not prone to give up Harrison, no matter how much she tries for him to do so. Maybe just maybe, Summer can get Kyle to have Harrison live in the basement with Christian but Summer, but being the ultimate self centered spoiled brat still can’t be happy.  Like with Summer running away from Kyle because of Lola, Summer will have second thoughts about marring Kyle. Here Rodan is the ultimate winner because Rodan never wanted Summer to marry Kyle in the first place. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

There are more holes in this story than there are in Filandia Swiss Cheese. 

At this moment, I'm just glad she's gone, no matter how illogical it all is. I hope they ditch little Hamburger Helper soon, too. I hope they start writing better, too.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

At this moment, I'm just glad she's gone, no matter how illogical it all is. I hope they ditch little Hamburger Helper soon, too. I hope they start writing better, too.

Yep. And I hope Chloe bites Sally's head off. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Yep. And I hope Chloe bites Sally's head off. 

Nah, Chloe is a moron, she's gonna hire Sally to keep her stank ass around GC awhile longer. Alas, she's done nothing wrong that they can pin on her and get her arrested...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

The fraud and embezzlement charges are most likely based on the questioning of Tara's accountant who was cooking the books, not the illegally hacked files. Nick found him and got him to sing to the police.  If you blinked you might have missed it.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, deirdra said:

The fraud and embezzlement charges are most likely based on the questioning of Tara's accountant who was cooking the books, not the illegally hacked files. Nick found him and got him to sing to the police.  If you blinked you might have missed it.

I know I’m beating a dead horse right now but Deirdra you are 100% correct by saying if you “blinked your eye you might have missed it”.  I’m sure Rodan’s hacking if it didn’t produced the name of Tara’s accountant, it sure was a contributing factor to planting the seed for his miraculously timed visit to GC. Yes, I’m sure the accountant sung but was his singing verified without an independent audit of Tara’s books?  Who took the accountant’s statement?  It definitely was not Rey. If Tara was being arrested, wouldn’t you think Michael would be present?  He was there when Chelsea was arrested.  Mark my words, Rodan thinks she won the battle but we will find out that everyone is not going to be too happy about that.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

Every other female character does something wrong and gets hung out to dry, while this human parking violation and her Dotter (must be Italian) can betray, steal, denigrate, and use their fucking liver as a bargaining chip and get rewarded for it.   

Preach! Loud enough for the people in the back to hear!

I had hoped all along that Tara and Assland were in this together, but I guess not

Me too. I think Josh and the MWTs missed the boat not taking that approach but I guess at some point they realized Tara wasn't working with the audience while Ashland appears to have a lot of fans. There's still hope that Ashland is running his own con on Victoria and the Newmans as payback for the way Victor made him basically hand over Cyaxeres while in the midst of a heart attack. Also, Harrison will turn out to be his kid, or at least not Kyle's.

It’s a shame that Jack is turning his back on having a girlfriend to appease his cheating disgusting ex and her Uncle Billy banging idiot of a dotter.  

For sure. When did turn Jack into such a wimp? Whatever, I was generally meh on Jack and Sally as couple because of their age difference. I was prepared to support it only if that's what Jack sincerely wanted. I'm back to wishing the writers would give him a romantic partner without the drawbacks Sally had, and without historical baggage with him like Phyllis has.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 11

Don't most white collar criminals get out on bail a couple of hours after their arrests?  Or does Tara not know any good lawyers in GC? How can Jack be sure Tara won't have the nanny take Hamburger  to a secret location when Jack turns his back?

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Don't most white collar criminals get out on bail a couple of hours after their arrests?  Or does Tara not know any good lawyers in GC?

ARE there any good lawyers in GC?

Other than - just ask her - Amanda, of course.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

Yeah, a damn good lawyer who somehow got fooled by a grifting Moo-fia and by her own damn grandfather and mother!  And probably her half-sister.

She's as smart as they come . . . oops, that's Dummer's title, but maybe if she's really gone, she'll let Amanda take it.

• LOL 8
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

Don't most white collar criminals get out on bail a couple of hours after their arrests?  Or does Tara not know any good lawyers in GC? How can Jack be sure Tara won't have the nanny take Hamburger  to a secret location when Jack turns his back?

You would think!  Tara can’t hire Amanda because Rodan won’t allow it.  In addition, Michael will argue against bail because that’s what Lauren and Rodan wants. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Maybe Phyllis can be Tara's cellmate, since she basically did the same thing Tara did when she stole all of those properties from Adam while she was working at Dark Horse.  Properties which were stolen from Newman Enterprises...by Nick.  And Summer committed Grand Theft Auto for her last triumphant return to GC.  Kyle dug up and desecrated a corpse.  Orange jumpsuits all around!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Maybe Phyllis can be Tara's cellmate, since she basically did the same thing Tara did when she stole all of those properties from Adam while she was working at Dark Horse.  Properties which were stolen from Newman Enterprises...by Nick.  And Summer committed Grand Theft Auto for her last triumphant return to GC.  Kyle dug up and desecrated a corpse.  Orange jumpsuits all around!

GC is a hot bed of crimes committed by one and all. The top one for me was child abuse committed by Nostrils that led to DD’s death. All and all, Tara was just a neophyte if she actually committed a crime. Sally’s crime was just getting on the wrong side of Summer and Rodan. 

• Love 10

What's up with Victor wanting to hire Det. Rey Rey for Newman Media security? Rey Rey's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and has a suspicious/despise relationship with Victor and Atonal Adam. Sharon seemed very relieved Rey Rey had turned the job offer down ... Another incident where she would be too close for comfort to Atonal. It's difficult enough that they both live on The Ranch property, a stones throw away from couch-boinking Nirvana.

Victor couldn't pass by the opportunity to gloat that his boys were sitting at the same table and not threatening to gouge each other to death with sporks. So proud and full of good cheer, Victor had to offer a job at Newman Media to Nick .. Atonal was relieved when Nick declined, though the door at Newman Media is still open, and the threat of Nick messing up Atonal's easy life if he interferes with Sharon again. Oh, no I'm all over that, promised Atonal and he called Sharon to entice her with a Farewell To All That phone message, which will draw her like flies to fresh dookie. 

I did enjoy Atonal having his nefarious plans to undermine Victoria's merger with Locke Communications by siphoning off their employees shut down utterly by Victor. When he publicly stated his pride in her success in expanding Newman Enterprises portfolio, Atonal ground his teeth jealously to later dismiss Victoria's triumph because her personal relationship with Locke-ness would make her distracted, weak and inept. I think he's more afraid that the joining of Victoria and Locke-ness will make her stronger and more formidable, less able for him to subvert and undermine her power, and Victor's esteem.

Poor little spiteful Atonal had to be told to Attack Attack Attack NotBilly and Chance Dot Com by Victor. What a hopeless, malicious putz.

Victor's most cynical, opportunistic child can’t even get amorality right. Atonal is so massively incompetent, so out of his depth, he can't read that Victor won't allow Victoria (and Newman Enterprises/Locke Communications merger) to be threatened, and has to be told to turn his innate malignance and hostility to destroy NotBilly and Chance Dot Com.  He is the least effective Newman sociopath, managing to be both ruthlessly dedicated to enriching himself and the company his father gave him to attack their enemies, and being uniquely incompetent at identifying when the goalposts have shifted. Atonal is really good at self-serving, murderous political calculation, but terrible when the rubber meets the road. Atonal missed the MBA course about when to cut bait when the big scam goes awry ... and then he has to be bailed out by Victor again.

Victor is to be forgiven for not giving up up Atonal. It's a quandary after throwing so many good shekels after bad. What matters more when assessing Atonal's business acumen?  Process or results. Thus far Atonal has missed one opportunity after the next, an unfortunate consequence for a Newman indebted to the rabid belief in the sacred free market.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 7

I thought Victor was hiring ReyRey to be Ranch security, since he mentioned the quick commute. Perhaps Rey could do both Ranch & Newman Cyber Security from that surveillance closet built into Victor's wall without him, Nikki, Staff or Cook noticing.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
On 8/6/2021 at 1:40 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Oh how dumb. The dumpster hacks into someone’s finances and has them arrested the same day. Please. Jack deserves to be alone thanking his stupid “Red.” As many times as the Dumpster cheated on him he keeps treating her like she’s some wonderful lady in his life. She banged his brother. Why does he allow her in the Abbott home? Idiot.

On 8/6/2021 at 9:41 PM, Snaporaz said:

I have long despised Phyllis, and yes, I don't understand why after everything she has done to him, Jack still views her as his "rock".  It disgusts me that Jack is supposed to be this very sharp businessman who has gone toe to toe with The Great Victor Newman and yet he is completely blinded when it comes to this odious woman.  The way he was talking to her and thanking her, 

I don't care for Summer (I'm sure she will be back again as soon as her latest foray into primetime fails again, a la Christel Khalil) but I am surprised that Kyle seems to be leaving as well.  I would have thought this actor would have been amongst the younger next generation that the show would have relied on for years.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I have long despised Phyllis, and yes, I don't understand why after everything she has done to him, Jack still views her as his "rock".  It disgusts me that Jack is supposed to be this very sharp businessman who has gone toe to toe with The Great Victor Newman and yet he is completely blinded when it comes to this odious woman.  The way he was talking to her and thanking her, 

I don't care for Summer (I'm sure she will be back again as soon as her latest foray into primetime fails again, a la Christel Khalil) but I am surprised that Kyle seems to be leaving as well.  I would have thought this actor would have been amongst the younger next generation that the show would have relied on for years.

Jack is the Eric Forester of GC. He’s beholden to woman who have abused him. 

No if’s ands or buts, Kyle can’t act his way out of a paper bag but he probably wanted a raise in negotiating a new contract. The only good thing about Kyle’s acting was that he actually made Summer look slightly better. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, deirdra said:

I thought Victor was hiring ReyRey to be Ranch security, since he mentioned the quick commute. Perhaps Rey could do both Ranch & Newman Cyber Security from that surveillance closet built into Victor's wall without him, Nikki, Staff or Cook noticing.

I looked back at my recording and Victor references The Ranch, but it's left slightly open what capacity of security Det. Rey Rey's duties would be; strictly Ranch property, Newman Media, Newman Enterprises ...  Newman Anything and Everything would be my guess,  Rey Rey would end up Chief Gate Keeper, Investigator and Fixer of all things Victor deems Newman-related.

Missing button-hook? Rey Rey is sniffing in every air duct? Fingerprinting empty Patron bottles: Rey Rey's on the missing tequila case? Inconvenient dead body a la Atonal: Rey Rey tops off the hydrochloric acid bath to dissolve the body? I don't think so. Rey Rey's a bore, but he'll never be a Newman bottle washer.

Their business relationship wouldn't last long since Rey Rey has vowed his fealty to a rigid moral and ethical standard Victor believes is mailable to his personal/business demands and interests. Rey Rey isn't going to break the law to serve/save Victor or Atonal.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, A-Lo said:

Where does the nickname Rodan come from?  That's a new one to me.

Waldo came up with that name for Phyllis when they noticed the uncanny resemblance to the winged monster.

image.png.869f5bf2f1ee8169fa359ef58af4b8fa.png

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, A-Lo said:

Where does the nickname Rodan come from?  That's a new one to me.

Because she's always flapping her wings.

2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

No if’s ands or buts, Kyle can’t act his way out of a paper bag but he probably wanted a raise in negotiating a new contract. The only good thing about Kyle’s acting was that he actually made Summer look slightly better. 

Oh I agree that the actor who plays Kyle isn't a very good actor.  However, he's young and fit and he's pretty much their go-to when they need a young guy to take his shirt off.  I mean really, who else is there?  This show really needs some younger blood.  It's always difficult to tell how old some of these characters are supposed to be (Phyllis has been vaguely 40ish for at least a decade now) but there doesn't seem to be many characters in their 20s besides Summer, Kyle, Lola, Mariah, Tessa....  There's some that are vaguely early 30s-ish like Amanda, Devon?

Also, being a bad actor somehow hasn't prevented Joshua Morrow from lasting on this show for 25 years...

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Because she's always flapping her wings.

Oh I agree that the actor who plays Kyle isn't a very good actor.  However, he's young and fit and he's pretty much their go-to when they need a young guy to take his shirt off.  I mean really, who else is there?  This show really needs some younger blood.  It's always difficult to tell how old some of these characters are supposed to be (Phyllis has been vaguely 40ish for at least a decade now) but there doesn't seem to be many characters in their 20s besides Summer, Kyle, Lola, Mariah, Tessa....  There's some that are vaguely early 30s-ish like Amanda, Devon?

Also, being a bad actor somehow hasn't prevented Joshua Morrow from lasting on this show for 25 years...

And you know that L.A. is just teeming with young, hot actors waiting tables, waiting for their break. It's not like it would be hard to replace him.

• Love 9

We’re never going to get a break from Phyllis are we?
Lauren has to be one of the worst bosses. She would have called Sally to her office, not surround her with Jackass and Phyllass. Lauren is acting like she never fought for anything in her younger days.

After all the declarations to be with Hair-a-son, Kyle dumps him at record speed when his mom is arrested to go to his on again off again lover. 

• Love 17

Reading all your comments, looks like I'm up for skipping another episode.  

I'm hoping that Phyllis will soon need to retreat to that box of consecrated earth from her homeland to recoup in Nosferatu-tu Land after all the "little girls" she thinks she's slaughtered.

giphy.gif

Go on, Phyllis, get some sleep!

I so hope the next new charactor to make Genoa City their home has the last name of Von Helsing.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1