Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)

Happy that the resolution of the two carpetbaggers, Tara and Sally, seems to be forthcoming. The white dress Amanda was wearing today was so ill-fitting. Does the show not have a stylist? Tara's hair, hanging down over her shoulder on the bow of her jumpsuit, looks ridiculous. At the very least flip it over to the other side, or put it in a chignon. What's the point of a bow on her outfit, when it's obscured with her greasy, lank hair? And what mother tries to imitate her toddler son's hairdo? BTW, is that kid's name Harrison or Hairdo? Come on wardrobe and hair talent, I know you can do better than this.

Edited by Julyolo
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, nasir jones said:

That’s the point that seems to escape The Dumpster Humper. None of this matters if Dummer doesn’t voluntarily decide to break off her engagement, accept the job, and leave GC. No wonder Dummer has the emotional maturity of an 11 year-old… that’s how her mother views her.

I detest Jazzhands so much that I’ve been forced to switch allegiance and root for Captain Longback, aka Tara. (That white outfit is no bueno.)

I loved the Sally and Jack scene. I also loved Jack telling Dumpster Humper to take a hike even if she’s right about Sally.

Love your post, every single word.  Dumpster Humper and Captain Longback!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Julyolo said:

Happy that the resolution of the two carpetbaggers, Tara and Sally, seems to be forthcoming. The white dress Amanda was wearing today was so ill-fitting. Does the show not have a stylist? Tara's hair, hanging down over her shoulder on the bow of her jumpsuit, looks ridiculous. At the very least flip it over to the other side, or put it in a chignon. What's the point of a bow on her outfit, when it's obscured with her greasy, lank hair? And what mother tries to imitate her toddler son's hairdo? BTW, is that kid's name Harrison or Hairdo? Come on wardrobe and hair talent, I know you can do better than this.

That dress really did swallow her up. It was very ill fitting. The hair was a mess but trying to look chic looking. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I can't express how much it irks me that Jack will more than likely slink back over to The Glutius Pharynx with his tail between his legs to apologize to that s*** Phyllis.  Why why why?!?  You owe her nothing, Instagramps.  Ugghh...so annoying.  Especially since yesterday we started to see glimpses of the relaxed easygoing Sally I grew to love on B&B.

So telling Hasselhoff that Father feels yucky is enough to prepare him for Ashland's demise?  I guess I over-think things, because I was expecting a very different conversation, possibly involving a Muppet and a piñata.  Ashland is the best match Victoria's had in forever.  She actually seems alive around him.  Instead of being miraculously cured, maybe he can just get a second opinion that shows he was misdiagnosed.  Remember a few months back when Phyllis was rubbing Victoria's single status in her face?  Yeah, I want Vicky to go back to the Red Menace and gloat about the melanzana🍆she's enjoying on the regular while Phyllis is saddled with a gherkin that expired in 1994.  But hey, Nick plays a mean round of Donkey Kong, so there's that. 

Edited by Snaporaz
  • LOL 18
  • Love 3
On 7/28/2021 at 5:43 AM, Chatty Cake said:

Sharon Rosales “Would you like some counseling while you wait for an attorney?”

Has Sharon ever had a client who wasn't a member of her family or one of her exes' families?

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Tara's hair, hanging down over her shoulder on the bow of her jumpsuit, looks ridiculous. At the very least flip it over to the other side, or put it in a chignon. What's the point of a bow on her outfit, when it's obscured with her greasy, lank hair?

The bow seems to make Tara's short neck and hunched-forward shoulders more obvious.  And how ripe is that jumpsuit after wearing it every day for over a week?  People with thin hair often wear it all on one side to make it seem thicker, but nobody is fooled.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Has Sharon ever had a client who wasn't a member of her family or one of her exes' families?

Which would seem unethical to me because her objectivity is impaired if not completely nonexistent. That was extremely evident during the whole mess with Adam, Chelsea, and Connor. Plus Sharon clearly still has her own mental health issues that often come into play when she's providing her "services." Ugh, she's the worst and I don't understand why they keep having other characters prop her abilities as a therapist.

And how ripe is that jumpsuit after wearing it every day for over a week? 

One time on B&B a character wore the same outfit for over three weeks. Fun times!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

So ... how does recycling weeks of friend-zone conversations about a legal case with Amanda's dysfunctional family work for you as afterglow conversation and as a romantic lead-in to "I love yous"?

Asking for a friend ...  😉

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

So ... how does recycling weeks of friend-zone conversations about a legal case with Amanda's dysfunctional family work for you as afterglow conversation and as a romantic lead-in to "I love yous"?

Asking for a friend ...  😉

It can only be topped by long, langorous discussions about the wee little swimmers he gave to a friend for her Covid lockdown project.  Hobby Lobby, apparently, doesn't stock everything.

• LOL 16
  • Love 4

Before I start, I’m going to rename Phillies aka Foghorn Leghorn aka Endora to Rodan. Because Rodan can cause chaos by flapping its wings, and Phyllis causes chaos by flapping her arms (caw caw) and hand gestures.  Phillis also has an ear-piercing  shriek like Rodan.  No more Endora so Nick goes back to being Banana Breath.  

Rodan is the most insufferable monster (no longer a person).  Rodan, Summer might have been driven out of town with a fantastic job and a nice apartment but Summer can come home if she wants. It’s not like Mariah who doesn’t have a choice being held in a locked room without a window and bathroom.  

Kyle are you talking about Sally or Summer being underhanded and manipulative. 

Amanda, you are an intelligent lawyer and you stop short of condemning Rodan’s unlawful actions but instead you are going to give her assistance. Amanda, what Rodan did is unlawful but what Sally and Tara did was underhanded but not unlawful. 

Talking about an intelligent person, Jack, buying Rodan’s shriek.  Kyle gets a pass because he’s not very intelligent. Jack, Kyle, Rodan just call Summer and beg her to come home but it’s more important for Rodan to cause misery. 

More unintelligence from Rey.  Buying Chelsea’s shit about being remorse. That fantastic cop, Rey, is getting snowed by a con artist because of his bias for Adam. 

Rodan and Amanda just disparaged Summer. They actually can believe Summer could get that prestigious job on her own merit. Rodan is in such denial every time the monster says her kid.  Tara is here because of Harrison being Kyle’s son. In NY Tara could have latched on to a lot more famous and rich benefactor other than Kyle Abbott. So Rodan finds out that Sally got Eric to recommend Summer for the job. So what!  One way or another, Summer got the job. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Before I start, I’m going to rename Phillies aka Foghorn Leghorn aka Endora to Rodan. Because Rodan can cause chaos by flapping its wings, and Phyllis causes chaos by flapping her arms (caw caw) and hand gestures.  Phillis also has an ear-piercing  shriek like Rodan.  No more Endora so Nick goes back to being Banana Breath.  

Rodan is the most insufferable monster (no longer a person).  Rodan, Summer might have been driven out of town with a fantastic job and a nice apartment but Summer can come home if she wants. It’s not like Mariah who doesn’t have a choice being held in a locked room without a window and bathroom.  

Kyle are you talking about Sally or Summer being underhanded and manipulative. 

Amanda, you are an intelligent lawyer and you stop short of condemning Rodan’s unlawful actions but instead you are going to give her assistance. Amanda, what Rodan did is unlawful but what Sally and Tara did was underhanded but not unlawful. 

Talking about an intelligent person, Jack, buying Rodan’s shriek.  Kyle gets a pass because he’s not very intelligent. Jack, Kyle, Rodan just call Summer and beg her to come home but it’s more important for Rodan to cause misery. 

More unintelligence from Rey.  Buying Chelsea’s shit about being remorse. That fantastic cop, Rey, is getting snowed by a con artist because of his bias for Adam. 

Rodan and Amanda just disparaged Summer. They actually can believe Summer could get that prestigious job on her own merit. Rodan is in such denial every time the monster says her kid.  Tara is here because of Harrison being Kyle’s son. In NY Tara could have latched on to a lot more famous and rich benefactor other than Kyle Abbott. So Rodan finds out that Sally got Eric to recommend Summer for the job. So what!  One way or another, Summer got the job. 

All that said, I’m liking Phyllis nailing those little girls. LOL!!! Yes. I know I’m on an island by myself with this acknowledgment. I don’t know why but I can’t stand Tara and her hoodwinking Jack. Get that girl out of the Abbott mansion and quick. As for, Sally she can’t help herself. Jack is willing to date and hangout with her but she keeps starting all this trouble and won’t cop to it. I think Phyllis would have left Sally off the hook if she had just admitted it but she wouldn’t. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

All that said, I’m liking Phyllis nailing those little girls. LOL!!! Yes. I know I’m on an island by myself with this acknowledgment. I don’t know why but I can’t stand Tara and her hoodwinking Jack. Get that girl out of the Abbott mansion and quick. As for, Sally she can’t help herself. Jack is willing to date and hangout with her but she keeps starting all this trouble and won’t cop to it. I think Phyllis would have left Sally off the hook if she had just admitted it but she wouldn’t. 

Come sit by me. Like I said before, Phyllis may be a snake but she our snake. Those two interlopers can go straight to hell.

• Love 15
(edited)

Apropos to pretty much nothing - haven't watched today's show yet - but imagine the look on the Marchetti employees faces when they saw Dummer walk in as their new Executive Director of Pointless Posing and Constant Blubbering.

giphy.gif

No one could blame them if they thought their company had been bought out by Disney Plus.  Everything is gonna have Mouse ears. Everything.

If Italy loses Genoa City's Number One DOTTER, I think they'll live.

If she stays, I'm not at all sure about Italy's future, though.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 18
  • Love 4

I must be missing an important point but what if Phyllis “proves” that Tara and Sally connived to get Summer to Milan in a fabulous job that was an epic opportunity for her. So what? What then? They didn’t commit a crime and Phyllis has done much, much worse. I wish those little girls would run over her body in front of Rex Ruggs. Then back over her, then run over her again, the back over her. She’s an absolute nut job. What possible difference would it make if Phyllis could unmask them both and get them to confess their conspiracy. Who would care?

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Gam2 said:

I must be missing an important point but what if Phyllis “proves” that Tara and Sally connived to get Summer to Milan in a fabulous job that was an epic opportunity for her. So what? What then? They didn’t commit a crime and Phyllis has done much, much worse. I wish those little girls would run over her body in front of Rex Ruggs. Then back over her, then run over her again, the back over her. She’s an absolute nut job. What possible difference would it make if Phyllis could unmask them both and get them to confess their conspiracy. Who would care?

Other than Ronald McDonald herself, I doubt anyone would give a rats ass. Lauren might be disappointed in Sally but if she’s doing a good job who the hell cares? Sally and Tear aren’t being very smart though meeting at the Grand Phoenix when there’s s perfectly good Crimson Lights in town. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

You are not alone on your island! I detest Tara and Sally (The Carpetbaggers) too.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I’m sorry, you say Phillis I say Rodan. I view Rodan and Summer as making people miserable for sport. They can’t be happy so no one else can be happy. This Sally thing was all started by Summer. Sally would of never been considered for the job but Summer couldn’t see that Lauren was her hook. Summer just had to go to LA to get the 411 on Sally. Yes, Sally was targeted as sport to Summer. Than Summer bastardized Sally to Rodan and now Rodan had to play doubles and Sally was playing singles. Theo came to Sally. Sally didn’t seek Theo out. Rodan and Summer are active. Sally is reactive. 

As for Tara, how is she hoodwinking Jack and Kyle. Tara is there because of Harrison and Jack is delighted with his new grandson. Here again we have Kyle contacting Tara putting Kyle back in her orbit that’s why Tara came to Kyle and Jack out of desperation and could have easily found a friend in the Hamptons or NYC. For some unknown reason, Tara actually fell for Kyle and wanted him back and Summer was just in the way. It’s not uncommon for women to eliminate their competition. The Batchelor comes to mind. Summer and Rodan also play that game and are not even subtle about it.  

Lastly, I never ever could believe that Rodan would ever forgive Sally if she confessed. Forgiveness is not in Rodan’s DNA. Rodan holds on to grudges like a bag lady holds on to her shopping cart. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Tara has no waist, no hips, and a derrière so flat it's almost indented. So weird to me how she wears outfits which highlight those unfortunate facts.

Adam departed his office and left Chloe standing in it alone. Huh?

Connor has grown. He's going to be a little beanpole.

How does Amanda not look at Phyllis when she's on one of her whisper rant trips and not think, "This bish be stone cray."

Looks like MS got her hairline lowered again. It was distracting to me.

Phyllis really devalues Summer. Maybe Summer is actually good at fashion marketing and that's why the Italian company wanted her. It didn't have to be anything nefarious.

"...a prominent man with a famous last name." Were Amanda and Phyllis referring to Kyle or to Jack? Because I don't see someone giving up what Tara had to move to some sleepy Upper Midwestern burg take up with up the likes of Kyle. He's a third-tier Abbott at best. Jack is the one Tara should have zeroed in on.

And again Adam leaves Chloe alone in his office. 🤔

Phyllis still has someone's number in her phone from her Restless Style days. Why? Wasn't that over a decade ago? Wonder if she still has Ronan Malloy's number?

Oh look, it's low-rent Susan Lucci again. Y&R should've gotten the OG instead of going with the cheap imitation, lol. But OTOH, they probably couldn't afford La Looch, even for a couple of cameo appearances.

@boes, it took me a minute to get from Disney down to the "duck lips." I am assassinated. 🪦

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 5
  • Love 13
22 hours ago, Julyolo said:

What's the point of a bow on her outfit, when it's obscured with her greasy, lank hair?

I wish Tararaboomdiay's greasy, lank hair would obscure her dead eyes.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Before I start, I’m going to rename Phillies aka Foghorn Leghorn aka Endora to Rodan.

She'll always be Syph to me. But for illogical reasons we can't refer to her as that here. Every mofo time I start to type her name I have to backspace it out and start over again because some momo got its knickers in a twist. Go figure. Welcome to planet Earth where nothing makes any sense.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Jack and Kyle would care because they were too dumb to notice and were bamboozled by Tara & Sally. You’re right. There was no crime committed. Just a case of stupidity on the men and Tara being mean, mean, mean. LOL!!!! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Jack and Kyle would care because they were too dumb to notice and were bamboozled by Tara & Sally. You’re right. There was no crime committed. Just a case of stupidity on the men and Tara being mean, mean, mean. LOL!!!! 

Do I detect a bit of Kristen DiMera's influence, there, Byanose?  (At least, thank God, Show doesn't have a "Doctor Marlena Evans).

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Tara has no waist, no hips, and a derrière so flat it's almost indented. So weird to me how she wears outfits which highlight those unfortunate facts.

A full week of her wearing that unfortunate outfit really reinforced her Longback situation. No one among us is perfect, but I would’ve asked TPTB if I could change into something else. I keep wondering who left a surfboard in the middle of the room every time she turns around.

Will someone please save the Dumpster Humper’s dotter from the crime of an awesome job in a fabulous European city that she wouldn’t possibly have if her last name was Jones? Sometimes I think she needs her dotter around because she’s grown tired of burning ants with a magnifying glass.

Sharin sure lays it on thick with the hubby. “I’m just so happy to have my loving, wonderful husband home.” She barely remembers his name when he isn’t around. To be fair, neither do I.

Edited by nasir jones
Eta
  • LOL 14
  • Love 6
(edited)

We need to get Phyllis and Amanda to watch the Zapruder film so we can finally learn who was on The Grassy Knoll.  Has Amanda ever been in the same room with Tara?  How does she have any insight into this situation at all?   I can't wait for GC's mayor to present Tara and Sally with the key to the city for the public service they provided.  The ceremony can be in the Gulag Phoshizzle's ballroom.  Did Phyllis carry on this way when Victor sent Summer to Dubai?  What's the difference here?  So Phyllis knows somebody who works for Marchetti, but she's only thinking to get in touch with her now?  Maybe that person recommended Summer for the job.  Calling your adult child's employer....wow...I hope that news gets back to Summer.   In the meantime, Sally, MOVE OUT OF THAT FREAKING HOTEL!

Edited by Snaporaz
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
(edited)

One thing about Amanda, she's got a fine opinion of herself.  Sitting there with Phyllis in the Lobby of the Gangrenous Pustule, she described herself as "one hell of an attorney".  Yeah?  You are?  Considering she came to town representing the grifter Colin, did no homework whatsoever on the case of her client or the man she was suing, spent the vast majority of her time terminally pissed off and dripping contempt for everyone around her - or sitting on a high ledge with ButtBiscuit and not even pushing him off - I'm unclear on why she's giving herself such a glowing moniker.  

Besides, her taste in friends sucks.  Show might want to rethink this Amanda/Phyllis friendship.  It may have worked at the beginning but now she just looks like she's trolling dumpsters for her buddies.  I can't see Devon being too happy to come home someday and find Phyllis flapping her lips and assorted body parts in his penthouse.

The biggest puzzle those two have to uncover is why a fashion house in Italy thinks Dummer is so fabulous when outside of Grampire's influence, she couldn't get a job making balloon animals for Sharon's pop-up psych clinic and brownie stand.

Whatever the opposite of chemistry is, Sharon and Rey Rey have it in spades.  I liked JV ages ago when he was on AMC but his character here makes Det. Deadwood seem positively sparkling.  It doesn't help that he's matched up with Sharon whose main ability seems to be flipping her hair and blinking verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly.  

Connor's back.  yea....... which leads me to wonder where the other one - Christian is.  Nick's been in Italy (or stuck in a restroom stall at Heathrow for a week till somebody finally opened the door for him), Grandpire and Lady Marmalade are in Europe, Victoria is nursing Ashland, Abby is slowly driving everyone around her mad, so who's watching that kid?   Or did Connor give Nick a good idea those many months ago and he followed Connor's lead and locked the kid in the garage?

Or maybe HE'S running a fashion line in Europe too and we just haven't been told?

Oh those Newmans!

I have to say I'm worried about lil' Hausenpheffer.  That child hasn't been force fed any cookies/brownies/ice cream/fudge/candy corn/Cherry schnapps in days.  He didn't even get a candy bar while being told his father had a terminal diagnosis.  What gives?

Sally, there's only one way to deal with Phyllis and I'm disappointed you've gone this long without taking care of the problem.

giphy.gif

Let the hotel staff clean up the detrius.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 17
  • Love 6

Regarding the preview for next week:

"Why would Mariah send just a generic group text"?

"This can mean only one thing....

Ah yes, they're finally catching on.  It's not her.

"Mariah's not coming back"

StaringDJ-Khaled.gif

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

In defense of Tara, EL, doesn’t have a a half bad a figure.  If you get a chance, check out her Instagram photos. Yes, EL is not as endowed as HK but her lips are not insured by Disney. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, JNavarro said:

Regarding the preview for next week:

"Why would Mariah send just a generic group text"?

"This can mean only one thing....

Ah yes, they're finally catching on.  It's not her.

"Mariah's not coming back"

StaringDJ-Khaled.gif

Mariah and the baby had a much more articulate conversation than Summer and Kyle, Sharon and Rey, and Abby with anyone.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

We need to get Phyllis and Amanda to watch the Zapruder film so we can finally learn who was on The Grassy Knoll.  Has Amanda ever been in the same room with Tara?  How does she have any insight into this situation at all? 

Brilliant post, Snap! When Amanda said she thought it was Tararaboomdiay and not Sally who was the evil mastermind behind the despicable plan to get Dummer the job of a lifetime, I was just, huh? Maybe Amanda bought a pair of Tararaboomdiay's shoes and they pinched her little toe???

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, boes said:

I can't see Devon being too happy to come home someday and find Phyllis flapping her lips and assorted body parts in his penthouse.

Oh, boes, you had me laughing at every paragraph! But this image? And your discreet wording? Oh my! I can't even describe the image I have in my mind of her doing the 'phunky' chicken, and then some!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, boes said:

Connor's back.  yea....... which leads me to wonder where the other one - Christian is.  Nick's been in Italy (or stuck in a restroom stall at Heathrow for a week till somebody finally opened the door for him), Grandpire and Lady Marmalade are in Europe, Victoria is nursing Ashland, Abby is slowly driving everyone around her mad, so who's watching that kid?   Or did Connor give Nick a good idea those many months ago and he followed Connor's lead and locked the kid in the garage?

Or maybe HE'S running a fashion line in Europe too and we just haven't been told?

In all seriousness you've brought up a good point. I know Christian and Dummer were close. And she's gone now. Are Christian and Faith close? Technically she's still recovering, and busy with Moses. Was Mariah a family figure in Christian's life at all? I don't think so, but she's gone. Sharon won't touch him, again, with a ten foot pole. Mop doesn't even have much regard for Johnny and Katie, so she may as well be out of town, unless she wants to rope him in to spend time with an old, dying stranger. So the only "family" he has in town are Faith and Adam, right? Maybe the Phunky Chicken can come to his rescue and book him a room at the Bland Kleenex? Christian having a room there would actually make more sense than Sally having a room there.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

If Stitch Pillsbury wants a new son, why doesn't he take poor Christian?  He's available and, sadly, would not be missed.  And Stitch wouldn't have to deal with the future wrath of Abby, who would just nag him to death.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5

Pretty sure Christian has a full-time nanny but didn't Nick mention that Faith was going to be staying over at his place for a while? I think maybe she's been looking out for Christian along with his nanny. Poor kid, he's going to have such abandonment issues when he's older. In addition to the bullying from big bro Connor.

I have to say I'm worried about lil' Hausenpheffer.  That child hasn't been force fed any cookies/brownies/ice cream/fudge/candy corn/Cherry schnapps in days.  He didn't even get a candy bar while being told his father had a terminal diagnosis.  What gives?

Hopefully the writers (who I'm convinced lurk here) felt shamed by all the comments on the way that kid kept getting loaded up with baked goods and other sugary foods. It really was a wonder Harrison wasn't obese or bouncing off the walls.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

I will say Josh Morrow had an easy day with that 5 second non speaking tag scene. I’m hoping he didn’t have to come into work just for that. LOL!!!, I’m sure he had done 2 or 3 episodes that day. Although, he hadn’t aired in a week or more so who knows. I am curious to see how Nick responds to Phyllis theory about Summer. I would guess he would believe her since he doesn’t really know Sally or Tara. Heck! I don’t even know if he’s even had a scene with that awful Tara. That said, I’m sure the actress is a somewhat good actress but I think she’s out of her league in the role of Tara. I read somewhere (here) that she wasn’t their first choice since the first actress (a name or non name) didn’t or couldn’t do the role. I do think a more seasoned actress would have better suited since they would be working with Berrman and Stafford. 

• Love 13

I’m wondering now if Sally’s and Tara’s plan blows up only because Kyle is leaving with the possibly of not being recasted.  This might trigger Tara fading off into the sunset instead of a more intimate moments with Kyle.  Sally may be stable to smooth things over with Lauren. Deep down in Lauren’s heart, she know that Sally is a hell of a lot more qualified than Summer. 

Roman keeps spouting that she is only protecting Jack. Rodan probably got Sally out of the way but Rodan actually doesn’t give a shit about anything but herself and Summer. Rodan probably wants Harrison out of the way not matter how much Jack cares for him. Rodan doesn’t consider Harrison Kyle’s son nor Jack’s grandson because Tara is the mother and not Sumner.  

What gets me the most is Rodan and Summer can get away with anything because is just Rodan and Summer. Jack is actually singing Rodan’s praises and turns a disparaging eye towards Sally and now Tara.  I still say that Sally and Tara have done nothing that Rodan and Summer haven’t thought of and done before. 

• Love 10

I wonder if Stench is holding Secret Agent Chancellor prisoner as well as Mariah.  Hasn't Chance been sending Abby nothing but texts since that kerfuffle she heard on the last phone call?  Maybe he's hiding them both in plain sight, in two vacant adjoining rooms at The Gag Reflex.  Lord knows the proprietor would never notice, as she's too busy sleuthing the case of how her idiot daughter got a job she was in no way qualified for.

As an aside, every time I hear the name Chance, I think of Peter Sellar's character from Being There.  Simple-minded Chance the Gardener who became celebrated profound thinker and presidential advisor Chauncey Gardner.  Chauncey Chancellor has a nice ring to it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

As an aside, every time I hear the name Chance, I think of Peter Sellar's character from Being There.  Simple-minded Chance the Gardener who became celebrated profound thinker and presidential advisor Chauncey Gardner.  Chauncey Chancellor has a nice ring to it!

"I like to watch."

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 7/30/2021 at 2:03 PM, ByaNose said:

On 7/30/2021 at 2:12 PM, peacheslatour said:

Come sit by me. Like I said before, Phyllis may be a snake but she our snake. Those two interlopers can go straight to hell.

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't ...

On 7/30/2021 at 3:25 PM, Gam2 said:

Only Phyllis, who's inflating Dumber's move to Milan into a national emergency ... and maybe Kyle, who's moping that everything he thought he knew about Tara might be wrong, is drinking his disillusions away at Society's bar.

I am disappointed in Sally, child of carny's and grifters, not being able to read a room (whining at Kyle that nobody is giving her a break), and being duped by Phyllis' cheap phone theft trick to use it against her, has not noticed every toilet bowl in the Grim Penis is wired with security cameras. I would have thought a woman so covetous and mercenary as Sally, would have studied the security blueprints of the hotel for unobserved safe spaces. Sally should be more clever than how she's been portrayed on Y&R.

15 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

In all seriousness you've brought up a good point. I know Christian and Dummer were close. And she's gone now. Are Christian and Faith close? Technically she's still recovering, and busy with Moses. Was Mariah a family figure in Christian's life at all? I don't think so, but she's gone. Sharon won't touch him, again, with a ten foot pole. Mop doesn't even have much regard for Johnny and Katie, so she may as well be out of town, unless she wants to rope him in to spend time with an old, dying stranger. So the only "family" he has in town are Faith and Adam, right? Maybe the Phunky Chicken can come to his rescue and book him a room at the Bland Kleenex? Christian having a room there would actually make more sense than Sally having a room there.

Sadly, and with Covid-19 restrictions in mind, the little kids are props for the larger stories of the adults. It's also cheaper to talk about the children than to hire them for the day to woodenly recite dialog. 

As far as CAN is concerned, it appears that no one is interested in his welfare or location for the summer. Nick left for Italy with Dumber, and there was no mention where Can was going to get his next box of Cap'n Crunch.  

ata-boy-magnet-mad-magazine-alfred-e-neu

On 7/30/2021 at 9:58 PM, boes said:

One thing about Amanda, she's got a fine opinion of herself.  Sitting there with Phyllis in the Lobby of the Gangrenous Pustule, she described herself as "one hell of an attorney".  Yeah?  You are?  Considering she came to town representing the grifter Colin, did no homework whatsoever on the case of her client or the man she was suing, spent the vast majority of her time terminally pissed off and dripping contempt for everyone around her - or sitting on a high ledge with ButtBiscuit and not even pushing him off - I'm unclear on why she's giving herself such a glowing moniker.  

Hillary 2.0 has always spouted that nonsense, while reality has proved to be the exact opposite with every legal case she takes on.

The biggest puzzle those two have to uncover is why a fashion house in Italy thinks Dummer is so fabulous when outside of Grampire's influence, she couldn't get a job making balloon animals for Sharon's pop-up psych clinic and brownie stand.

It doesn't seem like Dumber has caught the Milan pro-style vibe; she's still dressing like Middle America's Little BoHo Peep.

Whatever the opposite of chemistry is, Sharon and Rey Rey have it in spades.  I liked JV ages ago when he was on AMC but his character here makes Det. Deadwood seem positively sparkling.  It doesn't help that he's matched up with Sharon whose main ability seems to be flipping her hair and blinking verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly.  

One more eyes drifting off/Atonal Adam dream sequence for Sharon and Rey Rey needs to have her meds checked.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

As an aside, every time I hear the name Chance, I think of Peter Sellar's character from Being There.  Simple-minded Chance the Gardener who became celebrated profound thinker and presidential advisor Chauncey Gardner.  Chauncey Chancellor has a nice ring to it!

One of the best movies ever. Sellers was brilliant.

• Love 10

Why does Ashland’s fancy penthouse just look like another GC hotel room. Is their no imagination by TIIC or lack of budget?  

That was fast between Rodan and Banana Breath. Truth be known, Banana Breath is a minute man.  

Once again Rodan can’t even believe that Summer left on her own volition.  Rodan when was the last time Summer was forced to do anything. Rodan when was the last time Summer didn’t fight back for what she wanted. How many times did Summer fight for Kyle.  Now even Banana Breath is questioning how Summer got the job but he also knows that Rodan could be putting Summer in a bad position. Rodan by questioning the boss on how Summer got the job might make her think that Summer wasn’t qualified in the first place for the job. So Rodan finds out that Summer was put on the radar by Erica’s recommendation via Sally. So what?  Will Rodan make Summer come home causing Eric to have egg on his face for recommending Summer.  Let’s face it, Rodan is only upset because she can’t believe that Summer left her mother behind and Rodan feels abandoned by Summer.  Rodan can’t cut the umbilical cord because Rodan thinks that Summer can’t function without her.  In addition, Rodan can’t accept Summer’s explanation that Summer didn’t want to be a step bitch.  Rodan knows Summer all too well doesn’t like sharing. This is all about Rodan because if she doesn’t get to the bottom of this she won’t be able to forgive herself and doesn’t care if anyone else forgives her.  Hey Rodan, Summer may not want to come home no matter what.  Did that even cross your mind?  I’m sure you didn’t you selfish monster.  What is most disturbing thing about the Summer cabal is that Summer is the smartest person of all. Summer ditched all that drama by going to Milan and put her meddling mother and looser Kyle in her rear view mirror. Or did she?  I may have to rescind that Summer is the smartest and reverts to her dumb as a rock old self. 

Be aware be very aware, Rodan is coming to LA to rain down fire and brimstone.  Where is King Kong when you need him?  

Why was Tara’s shoe line only in Europe?  Wouldn’t you thing that with Ashland’s resources it would have been marketed in the US already?  

I had to laugh when Jack was telling Sally that he saw the person she was once before and her can’t forget. Thought Jack can forget or choose not to remember  the person Rodan was once before.  What did Sally do that was so hurtful to you?  Did Sally fuck Nostrils?  No, I believe that was Rodan.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 7/31/2021 at 12:06 PM, Waldo13 said:

I’m wondering now if Sally’s and Tara’s plan blows up only because Kyle is leaving with the possibly of not being recasted.  This might trigger Tara fading off into the sunset instead of a more intimate moments with Kyle.  Sally may be stable to smooth things over with Lauren. Deep down in Lauren’s heart, she know that Sally is a hell of a lot more qualified than Summer. 

Sally burned her bridges with Jack a while back and this renewal of affections was bound to end ugly the second Sally confronted Phyllis about stealing her phone to create a public confrontation with Tara. Sally should have known it was over before she started groveling to Jack about reconsidering their break; that was unnecessarily humiliating.

Tara has been building an airtight persona since she first landed in Genoa City. What are you supposed to think of someone who deftly diminishes and ices over her failures, while highlights the flaws and cruelty of her detractors? It's an adversarial, bizarre social experiment in manufactured reality, and a symptom of a much larger financial shakedown by using a Locke Jr. to bait the Abbott's. 

The one thing correct from the conversation with Phyllis and Hillary 2.0, was that Tara is the key to Dumber leaving GC for Milan. In spite of Sally arranging an attractive Milan job option for Dumber, she left town because Tara threatened to keep Locke Jr. away from Kyle. Self-sacrifice isn't one of Dumber's regular characteristics, but it made for a clean escape.

Though I hate Phyllis with the heat of a 1,000 nuns, I'm okay with whatever she cooks up for the public denouement of Sally and Tara -- Will they deserve sympathy or schadenfreude? -- <snore>

I'm more interested in when Locke Jr's real biological father is exposed, because it's not Kyle.

Roman keeps spouting that she is only protecting Jack. Rodan probably got Sally out of the way but Rodan actually doesn’t give a shit about anything but herself and Summer. Rodan probably wants Harrison out of the way not matter how much Jack cares for him. Rodan doesn’t consider Harrison Kyle’s son nor Jack’s grandson because Tara is the mother and not Sumner.  

Phyllis never protected anyone but herself; Dumber is just an extension of herself. She's used Dumber, Jack, Nick, NotBilly, and the rest of Genoa City to get what she wants when she wants it. She's rabid with Sally and Tara because they used Dumber to serve their present needs. The irony burns.

Phyllis, like pretty much everyone, doesn't care about Locke Jr. He's a pawn in Tara's larger game to nail an Abbott to keep her in a living situation she's grown accustomed.

Playing up to Jack's romantic notions as a grandfather (Jack played along), and feeling sorry for herself that Locke is selling off their homes and furnishings to play the homeless card, then insinuating to remove Locke Jr from Kyle (he seems to have reached his limit with Tara) are all part of the game. 

What gets me the most is Rodan and Summer can get away with anything because is just Rodan and Summer. Jack is actually singing Rodan’s praises and turns a disparaging eye towards Sally and now Tara.  I still say that Sally and Tara have done nothing that Rodan and Summer haven’t thought of and done before. 

Phyllis has been written riding roughshod over everyone since MS return. TIIC need her to be the Rodan of Genoa City's remaining hotel, where the elite shout about their personal business to be overheard by the few customers and workers. 

Sally and Tara are groundlings below the Vicky Mendoza Diagonal on the Phyllis Newman Hot/Crazy Scale.

• Love 8