Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E19: 'Til Death Do Us Part

• Start Topic

As Eddie and Katherine prepare to renew their vows, Eve goes into labor and everyone rushes to the hospital. Meanwhile, things are getting serious with Delilah and Miles. Maggie shares some shocking news with Gary, and Eddie learns more about his involvement in the mysterious lake accident.

Season finale! Airing Thursday, March 25, 2020.

• Love 1

Already off to a stupid start.  Moving the wedding to the hospital?  Inviting the woman your husband had an affair with to the ceremony?  Katherine’s random school mom friend is suddenly part of the inner circle and is invited to the wedding that is only supposed to be for their closest friends.  

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Was this planned as the finale or is it a shortened season by the Covid 19 shutdown?

According to TVLine's list, they were done taping; season finale was to air tonight.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Half over snd I’m  not enjoying it.   Finales shouldn’t be so much filler . Gag Delilah scenes.  Maggie overwrought as usual. Therapist who can’t help herself. Please let Gary stick to his guns! Eddie chasing a ghost in his wedding day? They can do better than this.  Let’s see what happens  to Eve. Shocker if she doesn’t change her mind .
I’ll miss this is us but not this show and I want too 

Edited by debraran
  • Love 8

How old is Charlie supposed to be? The legs on that doll Danny was holding were that of a very young child. 
Danny is turning into a mini Gary... not good. 
Delilah and her boy toy ugh!!

Kind of nice to see a mature woman tell Gary to grow up. 

• Love 4

OK, who called "it's a boy and they'll name him Jon"? (Besides everyone, probably.)

And who else called "Eve will change her mind"?

Baby's adorable, though.

The less said about the scene with the kids meeting the new boytoy, the better. 

Oh, Eddie.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

What a shock Eve changed her mind, this whole episode has been cliche.  Best part, Gary sending Maggie packing. Oh no is he headed to the airport to get her back and she rejects him this time.  This whole Delilah/Eddie/Katherine situation is just unbelievable.  Maybe Delilah can be the matron of honor.  After all, it was just a small indiscretion that almost ruined several lives and changed a few forever, just forget it.   Rome and Gina will eventually get the baby, something will go wrong with the abusive dad and or Eve and somehow they will get the baby.  Uh oh!  Eddie is going to drink.  The sister will get the blame and then she will drink.  Wow, Gina is kind of a bitch, poor Rome. Here comes the martial problems.

Edited by LucyEth
Edited to add that Gina is a bitch
  • Love 4

Oh give me a break!!!! I’m done with this show. Every cliche there is packed into one hour. 

I won’t watch anything in the future that Nash is a part of. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 12

Very predictable and boring season finale. 

What is the point of bringing up the lake drama?? It’s just so random.

*sigh* of course I’ll be back next season. This show is a bad car crash I can’t look away from.

• Love 19

So bad!

Friends don’t show up At the hospital when someone is having a baby.  They especially don’t show up When there is adoption involved.  Do they have any compassion at all for Eve who is giving up her child?  Maybe she doesn’t want to see the whole “gang” there.  And then on top of it Gary & Delilah both bring their “significant others” that they’ve been dating all of one week.  

Hilarious when the new boy toy says he likes Delilah because she takes care of everyone.  Her teens have been taking care of her baby all day so she can flirt with him.  And how the hell does she explain the wedding to him?  “I’m going to a wedding for the guy I had an affair with and is the father of my baby?”.   Who exactly does she take care of?  Besides herself? 

The lake story was totally random and makes no sense. 

Thank God Gary said bye to Maggie.  Let’s hope she doesn’t come back.  

Why can’t Rome and Gina just have a baby on their own?  Tons of people want to adopt a a baby, not like they are saving a child that otherwise won’t be adopted. 

Only surprise was the ending but even that was dumb, just looking for a cliffhanger.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, woodstock said:

*sigh* of course I’ll be back next season. This show is a bad car crash I can’t look away from.

Bad car crash? Like the one Eddie was supposed to be in at the end? 😉

Seriously, the shot of Eddie getting hit as the cliffhanger made me laugh more than anything. C'mon, show. You can't make me think that you shot that seriously. All it made it seem was like Eddie fell down and MAYBE broke his arm. If season 3 happens and we see Eddie was seriously injured, I'll laugh. I MIGHT believe a head injury because he could have whacked it hard enough, and that would cause plenty of problems. But if we are suddenly to believe that he's paralyzed or broke several bones in his body or something....

Now, onto the rest of the episode. Eve keeping the baby? I predicted that from the start, that as soon as her abuser disappeared that Eve would say "Oh, I wanna be a mom now. Peace out!" 

And Regina blames Rome....which, I guess, is going to cause a rift in their marriage. Not too surprising, but I'm glad they kind of acknowledged that, hey, Regina didn't want any kids about three months ago and now she's obsessed over kids to the point of glaring at poor baby Charlie because she can't stand to look at ANY kids. I KNEW this baby thing would piss me right off with Regina changing her mind. They should have stuck to them wanting to foster/adopt an older child. That would have made me happier than this mess. 

I figured out early on in the episode that Gary would likely choose Darcy, just because I realize that it would be a complete waste of Floriana Lima to just have her in three/four episodes with no other purpose. Plus, they can now do a time jump to after Maggie comes back, Gary/Darcy can be engaged, and then Maggie can be jealous until the wedding, where she busts in, declaring her love, and Gary runs off with her! Breaking Darcy's heart in the process, no less! 

Delilah wins at the end of this season, which is no surprise. Delilah always wins. She gets her new boyfriend, and a happy little family. 

Back to Eddie, before comically getting hit by a car (100 bucks says it was the old man who hit him), I'm actually surprised they didn't have him relapse. Shows LOVE going for relapse storylines. Maybe that's for next season? I can't imagine them continuing to not have Eddie relapse. It's just a classic television trope with alcoholics. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

Why can’t Rome and Gina just have a baby on their own?  Tons of people want to adopt a a baby, not like they are saving a child that otherwise won’t be adopted. 

Well, that's kind of the question I was wondering, since they went for a newborn. I think it's because Regina doesn't want to go through the actual pregnancy process, which is fine, but that's why I assumed that she would want to adopt an older child. It's why them going for a newborn pissed me right off. I knew it would be an awful story idea, and I was right. Regina having baby fever in a few short months after deciding to have a child? Like, literally only about three months total? It's a ridiculous notion to me. I was hoping they'd have Regina ease into the idea instead of having her suddenly OBSESSED with a baby.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Was this planned as the finale or is it a shortened season by the Covid 19 shutdown?

I assume this was planned, since it lines up with when How To Get Away With Murder was supposed to return. Plus, it had all the makings of a season finale.

41 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

OK, who called "it's a boy and they'll name him Jon"? (Besides everyone, probably.)

I did post that last week, but I am sure I am not the only one who thought it. It is the least original thing ever.

I thought it was super weird when everyone showed up at the hospital. I know TV shows want to put everyone together in one place for drama but it is so not realistic and kind of invasive. If I was giving birth I wouldn't want a bunch of people hanging around, especially if I was giving it up. It's kind of a personal experience.

I was pleasantly surprised Eddie didn't drink, but didn't like the random car crash. I was expecting someone to come out of the background and beat him up, so I guess getting hit by a car was slightly original. Unless the person driving is the father of the dead girl and it was intentional. I guess if he is seriously injured he'll take pain meds and spiral back to drinking?

I did like Eddie asking Theo to be his best man, and Theo telling Gary and Rome to suck it. I also actually liked the scene of Sophie and Danny trying to flirt with Miles (who is not actually that hot) and then everyone getting super awkward when they realized who they were talking to.

• Love 8

I guess we’re supposed to see Delilah as the selfless caregiver her guy sees - not surprised; someone in charge of this show has a thing for her. lol

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 5

I must be psychic, because I think I predicted almost every single thing that would happen in this episode! I should start a side hustle reading crystal balls! Eve keeps the baby? Check! Eddie realizes that he tried to save Alex and failed? Check! Gary stays with Darcy but is still clearly holding a candle for his fellow dognapper? Check! Baby named Jon? But of course!

The one surprising thing was that Eddie didnt relapse, even if he did get close. As lame as the lake backstory is, I did think the scene where Eddie was at the bar about to drink was pretty intense, and I was pleasantly surprised that he was able to walk away. However, as soon as he said how that guy at the bar "saved his life" and called Katherine all happy and saying how he loved her and wanted to renew their vows right away, I knew that something was going to happen to him. Oh Eddie, why dont you start showing people pictures of your kids while planning your retirement party all the while slipping a red shirt on? 

How typical, the characters that I generally like end up having their hearts broken (Regina and Rome) and get run over by a car (Eddie) and have to hear their husband get into an accident (Katherine) while the biggest assholes get their dream job (Maggie) a cool new girlfriend (Gary) and a hot new boyfriend (Delilah). Life is truly unfair. 

I kind of wanted them to spend another scene with Eve and how she decided to keep the baby and royally fuck Regina and Rome over, or for Regina and Rome to get a few choice words in her direction for jerking them around, but...what do you even say? "Yeah thanks for all the help with the letting me stay at your house and risking getting hurt by getting rid of my abusive boyfriend and getting me resources to help me and paying for all my medical expenses, and I know I super got your hopes up and we already had an agreement, but...later!" "...well fuck you." Kind of a weird message. Help someone in need out, and they will probably screw yo over. Will we see Eve again, or will she disappear to wherever supporting characters go when they stop directly effecting main characters or the show gets bored with them? I still dont really get why they decided to get a baby, considering Regina specifically wanted to help "save" a kid in need, when their experiences were with kids and teens. If they adopted an older kid or a teen, its pretty unlikely that a birth mom would come back for them, and it would do more to help someone in need. 

They even moved the vow renewal to the hospital? Really? These people are so freaking codependent, this is not healthy! 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

They even moved the vow renewal to the hospital? Really? These people are so freaking codependent, this is not healthy! 

Exactly! Especially since none of these people could care less about Katherine, let alone Katherine/Eddie's vow renewal. So no surprise the vow renewal never happened in the first place. I even yelled at my screen "Katherine, why do you even care if Maggie's there? She doesn't give a shit about you!" 

But also, not just that, but you're at the hospital, waiting for a woman to give birth to a baby that she's planning to give to Rome/Regina (at the time). Do you really think that she wants to hear about a vow renewal happening while she's giving birth? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

I was pleasantly surprised Eddie didn't drink, but didn't like the random car crash. I was expecting someone to come out of the background and beat him up, so I guess getting hit by a car was slightly original. 

Same. I was positive he was going to get mugged and shot or stabbed, so I was genuinely surprised he got lightly hit by a car. (I say this as someone who had a friend get hit by a car so hard her body went on the hood, then fell ... she has since recovered from tailbone and pelvic fractures.)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Katie111 said:

Hilarious when the new boy toy says he likes Delilah because she takes care of everyone.

I laughed so hard when he said that. I was like, uh... no. That was YOU, man. YOU looked after all of Delilah's friends, bringing them food, getting them medical info about the baby, being a calm and steady voice as everyone else was panicking and getting worked up. Delilah didn't do shit. Her new "boy toy" is a better friend to her friends. 

2 hours ago, Katie111 said:

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if next season Gina came back and said she didn't want to go through that again. I'm not sure she'll want to have a baby of her own, either, so... this will probably be their upcoming drama, being torn apart as a couple after losing the baby they had hoped for.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

However, as soon as he said how that guy at the bar "saved his life" and called Katherine all happy and saying how he loved her and wanted to renew their vows right away, I knew that something was going to happen to him. Oh Eddie, why dont you start showing people pictures of your kids while planning your retirement party all the while slipping a red shirt on? 

Same  The moment Eddie started waxing poetic about how he wanted to tell her and he loved her, I was just waiting to hear the crash.  So predictable.  But someone on Twitter said they think Eddie was hit by the drunk guy who "saved" him at the bar.  

Shame that Gary and Maggie had a nice, mature send off, because you know it won't last.  Gary will move on and develop feelings for Single Mom, Maggie will return from Oxford with some hot British arm candy, and Gary will get jealous.

Figured Rome and Regina wouldn't get the baby.  I know Regina is hurting but blaming Rome isn't the way to go.  He's in as much pain as she is.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Back to Eddie, before comically getting hit by a car (100 bucks says it was the old man who hit him)

That's my thinking too. There's no way they hired that actor (one of those "hey, it's that guy" actors for me), drinking at the bar, being what pulls Eddie out of himself enough to choose not to drink, and not have that actor come back. It wasn't just a background actor playing that part.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

Same  The moment Eddie started waxing poetic about how he wanted to tell her and he loved her, I was just waiting to hear the crash.

I didn't see the car accident coming. I thought the two people walking in the background were going to come up and beat him up, and turn out to be people from his past who are mad that he was digging it up all over again, causing people fresh pain by reminding them of that girl's death. So when he got hit by the car instead, I was genuinely surprised and let out a gasp.

I will say, I'm so glad he didn't drink. I was pretty much saying, "Don't do it don't do it don't do it" and worried they'd go all cliché and have him drink up. Of course, if it turns out that the guy who saved him from taking a drink is also the likely drunk driver who hit him with the car... ouch. It is not Eddie's day.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Bad car crash? Like the one Eddie was supposed to be in at the end? 😉

Seriously, the shot of Eddie getting hit as the cliffhanger made me laugh more than anything. C'mon, show. You can't make me think that you shot that seriously. All it made it seem was like Eddie fell down and MAYBE broke his arm. If season 3 happens and we see Eddie was seriously injured, I'll laugh. I MIGHT believe a head injury because he could have whacked it hard enough, and that would cause plenty of problems. But if we are suddenly to believe that he's paralyzed or broke several bones in his body or something....

Now, onto the rest of the episode. Eve keeping the baby? I predicted that from the start, that as soon as her abuser disappeared that Eve would say "Oh, I wanna be a mom now. Peace out!" 

And Regina blames Rome....which, I guess, is going to cause a rift in their marriage. Not too surprising, but I'm glad they kind of acknowledged that, hey, Regina didn't want any kids about three months ago and now she's obsessed over kids to the point of glaring at poor baby Charlie because she can't stand to look at ANY kids. I KNEW this baby thing would piss me right off with Regina changing her mind. They should have stuck to them wanting to foster/adopt an older child. That would have made me happier than this mess. 

I figured out early on in the episode that Gary would likely choose Darcy, just because I realize that it would be a complete waste of Floriana Lima to just have her in three/four episodes with no other purpose. Plus, they can now do a time jump to after Maggie comes back, Gary/Darcy can be engaged, and then Maggie can be jealous until the wedding, where she busts in, declaring her love, and Gary runs off with her! Breaking Darcy's heart in the process, no less! 

Delilah wins at the end of this season, which is no surprise. Delilah always wins. She gets her new boyfriend, and a happy little family. 

Back to Eddie, before comically getting hit by a car (100 bucks says it was the old man who hit him), I'm actually surprised they didn't have him relapse. Shows LOVE going for relapse storylines. Maybe that's for next season? I can't imagine them continuing to not have Eddie relapse. It's just a classic television trope with alcoholics. 

I might be wrong but I think Eddie will get hooked on opioids. Not downplaying the epidemic but Nash hasn't done it and it's not alcohol but Eddie will need them. I knew a hopefully still ex heroin/alcohol addict and he put off dental sx because he would need drugs and didn't want to start over again.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Amethyst said:

Same  The moment Eddie started waxing poetic about how he wanted to tell her and he loved her, I was just waiting to hear the crash.  So predictable.  But someone on Twitter said they think Eddie was hit by the drunk guy who "saved" him at the bar.  

Shame that Gary and Maggie had a nice, mature send off, because you know it won't last.  Gary will move on and develop feelings for Single Mom, Maggie will return from Oxford with some hot British arm candy, and Gary will get jealous.

Figured Rome and Regina wouldn't get the baby.  I know Regina is hurting but blaming Rome isn't the way to go.  He's in as much pain as she is.

Do you think they will bring Maggie back? I think her character is kind of lame and the whole Eric thing ruined her more, although I'm thankful they brushed him off quickly (so offense to the actor)  If they do, she'll have long blonde hair and looking great but I hope Gary forms a good relationship with Darcy and they have him grow in time being a buddy to her son if they last. I think that will bring out more of Gary than the angst with Maggie did. He can't grow with her.  (And not to beat a dead horse, I know Darcy would have told him to return Colin and adopt the other....no magic marker for her!) That was the only writing I liked was at the airport. Delilah, I agree, someone really likes her, that was gag worthy with the guy and her kids, Ew!  How will this end, she sees him with a hot 20 year old and feels old? Does Jon come and tell her how hot she is and she should get out there again. lol

It's 2020, no way would Rome and Regina think this couldn't have happened, they saw at the shower she was upset, I felt awkward watching that scene. She was a scared teen, young adult, with an abusive boyfriend. She's alone, had someone care about her, but she loves her baby. Maybe they let her see too much of their friends. ; )   Any counselor or adoption worker would tell them this happens a lot. Watch Private Life (great movie) and see reality of trying for an infant or having one.  Nash likes soap plots when he could do better, so maybe angry boyfriend will visit, stab Eve and take baby, or just take baby, or leave Eve alive but dying and Rome and Regina are called and told to take baby. I don't know, so many Law and Order shows they can steal from. But they didn't bring ex in for a cameo.  I'd like to see it end, have them adopt a 3 or 4 year old, 7 year old and not have another infant on the show. I never understood the infant part.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 7

Well, David Guintoli is a big reason why I continue to watch this show, but this plot line for Eddie was awful. His sister is the WORST, and I'm betting she was the one that hit him with the truck. (LOL)  Why on earth did she bring all of this up to him, when she saw that he was really doing well? Jealousy? Fear? I'm betting on JEALOUSY. 

Nash is saying that Eddie hadn't been punished for his affair with Delilah, so ...  REALLY SHOW?    And Delilah gets made out to be the best mom, best friend ever, and hottest woman to walk the face of the earth.  Barfo. 

As for Regina and Rome, supposedly their relationship is sacred, so blowing them up is a "twist" that Nash likes to throw in there for the fans.  But I really hated that Regina is blaming Rome for making her want a baby.  For goodness sakes, make your own baby, then.  Or adopt an older child.  They have barely scratched the surface of the angst of trying for parenthood and being denied, although, thinking you have met the birth mother of your child and preparing for that particular baby and then losing that adoption, IS tough. 

What they went through before, despite the abusive boyfriend, just seemed too easy. But that is this show. 

Earlier in the season, I think someone wrote that Nash only wanted to do 16 episodes, but the network asked for more. This is what happened.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I did post that last week, but I am sure I am not the only one who thought it. It is the least original thing ever.

I knew someone said it, but yeah, we were all thinking it.

I was pleasantly surprised Eddie didn't drink, but didn't like the random car crash. I was expecting someone to come out of the background and beat him up, so I guess getting hit by a car was slightly original. Unless the person driving is the father of the dead girl and it was intentional. I guess if he is seriously injured he'll take pain meds and spiral back to drinking?

I totally thought the two guys walking behind him were going to mug him or something, but then they turned into the bar. 

I did like Eddie asking Theo to be his best man, and Theo telling Gary and Rome to suck it. 

Theo bugs me but I did laugh at that. I think having him as best man for a vow renewal when your kid was the reason you got sober and are still with your wife is fitting.

I also actually liked the scene of Sophie and Danny trying to flirt with Miles (who is not actually that hot) and then everyone getting super awkward when they realized who they were talking to.

I thought it was kind of weird to have a 13 year old boy openly trying to flirt with a grown man...Sophie is at least almost an adult (though doesn't she have a boyfriend?).

11 hours ago, sinkwriter said:

I laughed so hard when he said that. I was like, uh... no. That was YOU, man. YOU looked after all of Delilah's friends, bringing them food, getting them medical info about the baby, being a calm and steady voice as everyone else was panicking and getting worked up. Delilah didn't do shit. Her new "boy toy" is a better friend to her friends. 

And why would the hospital give any information to a random EMT? (Even if he was the one who brought her in, which I don't know if he was but wouldn't surprise on this show, they wouldn't be giving him information to pass along to the adoptive parents and their friends. HIPAA is a thing, writers.)

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 14
50 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I knew someone said it, but yeah, we were all thinking it.

I totally thought the two guys walking behind him were going to mug him or something, but then they turned into the bar. 

Theo bugs me but I did laugh at that. I think having him as best man for a vow renewal when your kid was the reason you got sober and are still with your wife is fitting.

I thought it was kind of weird to have a 13 year old boy openly trying to flirt with a grown man...Sophie is at least almost an adult (though doesn't she have a boyfriend?).

And why would the hospital give any information a random EMT? (Even if he was the one who brought her in, which I don't know if he was but wouldn't surprise on this show, they wouldn't be giving him information to pass along to the adoptive parents and their friends. HIPAA is a thing, writers.)

HIPPA has been missing on this show since Sophie found out her mom was pregnant. So many times. They don't research or care because it's not a drama, but a "soap" as Nash puts it. I feel he thinks that lessens the reality but it's still stupid to ignore rules.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

Well, David Guintoli is a big reason why I continue to watch this show, but this plot line for Eddie was awful. His sister is the WORST, and I'm betting she was the one that hit him with the truck. (LOL)  Why on earth did she bring all of this up to him, when she saw that he was really doing well? Jealousy? Fear? I'm betting on JEALOUSY. 

Nash is saying that Eddie hadn't been punished for his affair with Delilah, so ...  REALLY SHOW?    And Delilah gets made out to be the best mom, best friend ever, and hottest woman to walk the face of the earth.  Barfo. 

YES!  She is self-serving and a terrible mother to boot.  What kind of mom would leave a baby with her teenagers while she screws some guy she met in a bar?  Her judgment sucks and she is all about herself.  I can't understand why Kathryn is okay with her being around.

I thought it was weird that Gary's girlfriend stayed around after he was so weird around Maggie.  He is obviously still stuck on Maggie to some degree.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

I know, right, she drops a bomb and then gets upset when it explodes. I also get tired of people not giving each other information. Like the dead girl's sister. She knows Eddie is trying to figure out what happened, but all she will say is "forget about it, leave it alone" like there's some big secret (which I thought might be in the backpack, but nope), and won't say anything to answer his questions. Maybe they'll circle back to this "secret," but given the track record, I'm thinking this storyline is done.

I had to laugh, even Miles the EMT doesn't seem to be doing his job. He hangs with Delilah and drives her home in his ambulance like he's a taxi driver, not an EMT. Where's his partner? Heck, from what I remember seeing in the back of that ambulance, where's the equipment?

I personally liked Gary's reaction to Maggie - both in the snack area, and at the airport. I thought it showed some growth. But then, I've never hated Gary, even though I've been frustrated by him.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, sinkwriter said:

I didn't see the car accident coming. I thought the two people walking in the background were going to come up and beat him up, and turn out to be people from his past who are mad that he was digging it up all over again, causing people fresh pain by reminding them of that girl's death.

I thought that Alex's dad would show up and shoot him or beat the crap out of him or something, but that might be a bit too melodramatic even for this show. I am annoyed with Eddies sister for bringing all this up again, why even bring all this up again after so many years? I guess since she just got sober and wanted to get herself some closure by telling Eddie the stuff he didn't know about that night because it made her feel better getting that off her chest? That seems like a pretty selfish thing to do, dumping all of that on Eddie when he is finally doing well and has his life pretty decently in order just to make herself feel better. Then she gets all annoyed with him for fixating on this, and wanting to talk about the thing that she brought up in the first place? What did she expect to accomplish here? How did she think that Eddie would respond? She gets annoyed that he is upset about this massive bomb she just dropped on him so that SHE could have "closure" or whatever? And why does the family not just say what happened? If they think Eddie killed her, why have they just left it alone? Then Alex's sister shows up at his house, after he left them alone as requested, to tell him to drop it? This doesn't even really seem like some huge secret, and if Eddie was in bed when they found her body and his sister hid his clothes, why do they even think he was involved? He could have gone inside and Alex could have wandered into the water alone? Yeah then he would have left her there, but so did her sister and Eddies. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I am annoyed with Eddies sister for bringing all this up again, why even bring all this up again after so many years? I guess since she just got sober and wanted to get herself some closure by telling Eddie the stuff he didn't know about that night because it made her feel better getting that off her chest? That seems like a pretty selfish thing to do, dumping all of that on Eddie when he is finally doing well and has his life pretty decently in order just to make herself feel better. Then she gets all annoyed with him for fixating on this, and wanting to talk about the thing that she brought up in the first place? What did she expect to accomplish here? How did she think that Eddie would respond? She gets annoyed that he is upset about this massive bomb she just dropped on him so that SHE could have "closure" or whatever?

This. I wanted to throw something at the tv when she was getting pissy about it at the 'rehearsal'. Maybe it's her who is going to relapse now that her need for closure has ended up with her brother getting hit by a car (and whatever consequence that brings).

They managed to make me hate seeing Rome and Regina on my screen with this whole baby storyline. I loathe every single thing about it.

Buhbye, Maggie.

Delilah continues to the worst. I can't think of another character on television that is so un-likeable and un-relatable when that is so clearly not how the show intends for us to see them. WTF is this showrunner thinking?

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I thought that Alex's dad would show up and shoot him or beat the crap out of him or something, but that might be a bit too melodramatic even for this show. I am annoyed with Eddies sister for bringing all this up again, why even bring all this up again after so many years? I guess since she just got sober and wanted to get herself some closure by telling Eddie the stuff he didn't know about that night because it made her feel better getting that off her chest? That seems like a pretty selfish thing to do, dumping all of that on Eddie when he is finally doing well and has his life pretty decently in order just to make herself feel better. Then she gets all annoyed with him for fixating on this, and wanting to talk about the thing that she brought up in the first place? What did she expect to accomplish here? How did she think that Eddie would respond? She gets annoyed that he is upset about this massive bomb she just dropped on him so that SHE could have "closure" or whatever? And why does the family not just say what happened? If they think Eddie killed her, why have they just left it alone? Then Alex's sister shows up at his house, after he left them alone as requested, to tell him to drop it? This doesn't even really seem like some huge secret, and if Eddie was in bed when they found her body and his sister hid his clothes, why do they even think he was involved? He could have gone inside and Alex could have wandered into the water alone? Yeah then he would have left her there, but so did her sister and Eddies. 

I love that fact that after almost 20 years, all of Eddie's clothes were in such "perfect" condition with the bracelet in his pocket. If Eddie blocked out everything or because he was too drunk or high to know what happened. How the hell did he just row himself back to shore, put the bracelet in his pocket and then pass out near the cabin instead of the dock? Also, how were his clothes after soaking wet just left under the house out in the middle of the woods and they have no: mold, holes, wrinkled or why the bracelet look like it was just picked up from the store?

Then add in how the dad "is doing so bad" sounding like he is on his death bed and the sister was all: "Don't bring this up to him." Sounding like the mother is long dead and from what it makes it sound like, Alex fell in, couldn't swim do to being too high/drunk and Eddie couldn't help because of being the same. Yet, acts like she knows something no one else does. It's thrown together and just DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

• Love 17

I find the Eddie and sister situation really interesting - his drinking helped him to block out his part in a friend’s death; her drinking might function as a way to forget what she does remember. Both have suffered, one more consciously than the other. 

• Love 1

Seriously, Nash? SERIOUSLY? You're a shameless hack.

I mean, of course Eddie gets run over just as he finds new meaning in his life -- of course he does! I suppose we should be grateful that the one cliché we didn't get was Maggie and Gary having a last-minute miracle reconciliation at the airport. The sad thing is, I think the cast is mostly better than this trope-o-rama.

A million little raspberry noises. Pbbbpplt!

ETA: The one thing I laughed at was Sophie and Danny meeting Miracle Miles. It's wildly inappropriate, but the kid's line delivery on Danny's flirtatiously awkward-slash-awkwardly flirtatious "Well, helloooo" was pretty brilliant, I thought. A little tiny bright spot of non-suckage in this appalling mess.

Edited by Sandman
Now with added vitriol!
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, readster said:

I love that fact that after almost 20 years, all of Eddie's clothes were in such "perfect" condition with the bracelet in his pocket. 

lol..I was thinking, "that backpack looks awfully clean for having sat under a house for 20 years..." (surely some kind of critter would have gotten into it, at least...)

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

lol..I was thinking, "that backpack looks awfully clean for having sat under a house for 20 years..." (surely some kind of critter would have gotten into it, at least...)

No, apparently it was Chip and Dale going: "See that cabin, never go there. It's evil I tell you, evil." 

Edited by readster
spelling errors.
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, readster said:

Also, how were his clothes after soaking wet just left under the house out in the middle of the woods and they have no: mold, holes, wrinkled or why the bracelet look like it was just picked up from the store?

And who even owns that house? Is it still owned by his family and they haven't been there in 20 years? Why wasn't it in worse shape?

And if someone else owns it, how have they never looked under the house?  When you buy a house, don't you inspect it? Plus, wouldn't they complain about Eddie being on their property?

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

And who even owns that house? Is it still owned by his family and they haven't been there in 20 years? Why wasn't it in worse shape?

And if someone else owns it, how have they never looked under the house?  When you buy a house, don't you inspect it? Plus, wouldn't they complain about Eddie being on their property?

Colleen‘s parents didn’t bother to wake Eddie or Colleen to ask where the sister might be?  That makes no sense at all. They just wake up while her body is being hauled in? 
The cops never questioned him? I can see him not remembering the actual drowning, but he doesn’t have a memory of the aftermath of her body being found? If her parents are that angry at him, why? Do her parents stIll own/live there? The dad just randomly showed up when Eddie came  around?  So many questions... never to be answered.

I forgot the inappropriateness of a 13 yr old boy flirting with a 30 something man. I wonder how Delilah will deal with her son having and daughter having a “thing” for her boy toy. 

I understand Eve had a right to change her mind. The adoption counselor/attorney warned them not to get to attached to her. But damn that was cold hearted to have them in the delivery room participating  ( I’d have kicked Rome out, he’s too fucking annoying), sweat out   the C-section, and then  call the adoption off.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 8

Haven't read all the comments yet, but have to say that this was so hilariously melodramatic but I'm loving it. Not really watching this for any sort of realism anymore, just pure trashy goodness. 

Gary reading Maggie for filth was a shocker. And then faking us out with the airport scene, wow. Kudos for having him stick with Darcy. I like her.

So glad Eddie didn't drink, but damn, again, did not see that accident coming.

Not surprised about Eve. Rome and Regina may be the dumbest couple on the show, and that's saying something. 

Sophie AND Danny making goo goo eyes at Miles was so wrong but so funny. I like that Miles mentioned Delilah being French as part of his attraction, even facetiously. I think Stephanie Szostak is gorgeous and I love her accent. Miles is not my cup of tea though, too Hallmark romance Ken doll perfect-looking. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Delilah continues to the worst. I can't think of another character on television that is so un-likeable and un-relatable when that is so clearly not how the show intends for us to see them. WTF is this showrunner thinking?

I honestly don't understand why people feel this way, at ALL. I think Delilah is a lovely woman and a very caring mother and friend. Sure, she screwed up, she cheated, she's made mistakes, but she's not evil, she's not malicious, she loves her family and friends. No matter what she does, people just keep saying "she's the worst." Nah, not even close. It's to the point where she could rescue orphans from a burning building and people would still find some fault.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I also actually liked the scene of Sophie and Danny trying to flirt with Miles (who is not actually that hot) and then everyone getting super awkward when they realized who they were talking to.

My favorite part of that scene was how obviously fake the baby Danny was holding was until the final scene where they switched in a real baby. They didn't even try to make that doll look real.

• Love 4

My 18 year-old son caught the end of the episode with me, was complaining about all of  the cliches he saw, then called Eddie getting hit by a car as soon as he stepped outside the bar.   He’s never watched a full episode before. 

Also, I now hate Gina when she was one of the only redeeming people on the show.

14 hours ago, debraran said:

I might be wrong but I think Eddie will get hooked on opioids. Not downplaying the epidemic but Nash hasn't done it and it's not alcohol but Eddie will need them. I knew a hopefully still ex heroin/alcohol addict and he put off dental sx because he would need drugs and didn't want to start over again.

Ooh, good one.  I was going with arm injury causes nerve damage and affects his ability to play guitar; mixing physical and psychological angst into one storyline. 

• Love 4

I haven't found the whole, "What happened at the lake house?" thing to be all that interesting throughout its course.  It came out of nowhere to create drama for Eddie.  And, as has been pointed out by others, now that we know the whole story, none of the people involved had reactions that make any sense. 

Eddie obviously has known all along that Alex, his friend, died the last time he went there.  So when his sister said, "Did you ever wonder why we stopped going to the lake house?," the natural reaction of Eddie's would have been, "Well, our friend died the last time we went, and I thought that might have had made us not want to go anymore."  But instead, he seemed completely mystified. 

Alex's family apparently has no reason to think that Eddie had anything to do with her death.  They don't know about the clothes, the night-time boat ride, or anything else.  Their hostility towards Eddie seems strange.   And then all the questions about why does Alex's sister show up on his doorstep when he already dropped it, who currently owns and upkeeps the property, the state of the backpack, clothes, and bracelet, etc, etc ..... This storyline was really poorly written.  Horribly so.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13