Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: The Ball Ball

• Start Topic

Leslie Jones was an amazing guest judge!  Loved her energy.

I like Aiden but definitely felt that she should have been in the bottom two this week.  I guess her "League of Their Own" outfit saved her?  Or maybe it's just that the producers want to keep her around for drama?  

• Love 18

There is definitely some heavy editing WRT Sherry Pie.  Aside from the runways, the only time I really noticed her was during the mini challenge, when they did the record scratch sound and cut her dance, and when one queen made an off-the-cuff punny crack at her in Untucked.  Good.  She deserves all the shade she gets.

i think a lot of these queens are really beautiful in and out of drag, but maybe that’s just me.  I love Crystal’s face, Nicky’s, Jan’s, Gigi’s, Rock’s, Jackie’s, and Jaida’s.  Brita is attractive, but with what’s come out about her, she’s ugly to me.  Heidi is kind of adorable.  Aiden could be.  Sherry can rot.

• Love 6

Leslie was amazing.

I am totally rooting for Gigi and Crystal. I also like Heidi and Widow but I don't see a top four finish for either of them.

I feel like Aiden listens to Creed and Nickelback and Counting Crows and will be eliminated in 2-3 weeks when she has to lip sync to something less terrible.

Glad that Sherry's presence was minimal.

I don't like Brita and I do like Rock M. but Rock lost the lip sync, IMO.

This episode wasn't great but it was way better than the previous one and that's all I need right now.

• Love 2

Oh, that made me so mad. Aiden should've been in the bottom, for starters, and Brita should not have stomped aggressively all over Rock's staging, blocking her, and then kissed her goodbye.

Leslie was great, as per PR, but Rock M. Sakura still was robbed.

Edited by violet and green
not Auden, would even prefer Auden
  • Love 13

Leslie Jones! Every bit as fun here as she was on Project Runway, and she looked even better tonight!

Rock wasn't going the distance regardless, but yeah, Aiden should've been LSFYLing instead. Aiden out of drag looks so young that I forget he's actually one of the older competitors—not by much, but still, it makes the constant excuses look even worse.

• Love 7

I hope we get to meet Gigi's mom at some point on the show.  She probably could have her own drag fashion business after this if she wanted.

3 hours ago, Michichick said:

I want Leslie Jones to be a judge on every reality competition show I watch. I love her and that she is so excited to be there.

What I liked about her here was that she was able to keep up with the judges' jokes and puns during the runway show.  Not every guest judge can do that.  I can see why they picked Leslie Jones for the episode with 36 looks.

30 minutes ago, violet and green said:

Oh, that made me so mad. Aiden should've been in the bottom, for starters, and Brita should not have stomped aggressively all over Rock's staging, blocking her, and then kissed her goodbye.

Leslie was great, as per PR, but Rock M. Sakura still was robbed.

I really thought it was going to be Aiden and Brita in the bottom two (with Aiden going home and this being a "wake up" call for Brita).  I thought they were going to give Rock M a pass because she clearly has a lot of ideas and it's probably easier to tone someone down than try to bring them out of their shell.

• Love 12

I was positive that Brita was hitting the bricks this week and that was why they hadn't issued any sort of statement regarding her indiscretions, so my jaw dropped when she chantayed (or enchantayed this season, I guess).

I am not a fan of throwing in too many tricks just for the sake of tricks (which is why I thought Gigi should have won over Widow week one), but it seemed like Brita really did nothing other than swing around Rock's discards in the air and try to block her on the stage.  I do think that Rock having such difficulty tearing off her skirt at the start was what sank her.

Which shouldn't have mattered because Aiden should have been the one lip synching.  The only thing that she was complimented on required zero creativity.  Putting on a Rockford Peaches uniform and a pompadour wig doesn't really take a lot. 

Then again, as much as I liked Rock (more the person than the aesthetic), she was way too delusional for this if she really thought she was going to win this week (as she stated in Untucked). 

I love it when they have judges like Leslie who are obviously super hardcore fans.  Sometimes the people seem like they only have the vaguest idea of who RuPaul even is and they just got a text with the address from their agent and showed up.

Edited by Sile
  • Love 7

I laughed out loud when Aiden was safe and Brita was left in the bottom. I would have made the same call. Aiden may not deserve to go very far in the competition, but she doesn't deserve to get picked on by Brita (and some of the others) the way she has been. Besides, Aiden's retro baseball outfit was smart and entirely different from anything anyone else did. 

Brita also had some lackluster looks, so I wasn’t surprised to see her fighting for her life.  I was surprised to see her walking in front of Rock M. Sokura every time she did a split instead of doing something impressive of her own.

36 looks! And that's just for one episode! How did they fit all of this in their suitcase allotment? Oh, the money these queens must have spent this year!

Leslie Jones was fantastic! I remember seeing her tweets when she was just catching up on Drag Race a little more than a couple of years ago. She turned into a full blown fan.

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Love 12

Three different looks in one runway is a lot of work for the queens but so fun for me to watch at home! I always love how Leslie Jones doesn't even try to hide what a fangirl she is whenever she appears on shows like this.

Jackie's lacrosse look was a sparkly version of a pretty realistic uniform. Her basketball wife outfit with the white sheer pants was good. Her blue 60s disco look was a little subtle with the ball assignment, but it was definitely a head to toe look.

Nicky's bedazzled football outfit was so shiny! Nicky's basketball wife outfit with the red ostrich coat was just the right amount of over the top. Her fringe dress was great. I never would have guessed that she made it in a day.

Aiden's A League of Their Own look was a little too plain for me. Without the baseball glove, it looked like a plain white dress. Her animal print basketball wife outfit was predictable but fine. She really needs to work on her walk though. It's really awkward. Her referee look was pretty bad. First of all, it was lazy. It was clear that she did not put the same amount of effort into constructing this look as everyone else. Secondly, it's not because she didn't have time because she finished early enough to go take a nap. Third of all, it was really unflattering and made her look thick (but not in a good way).

Rock's tetherball look cracked me up but aside from that, she was wearing a gold leotard. Her basketball wife look was perfectly trashy. I thought her ass padding needed some work though. She was definitely colorful and dripping with balls for her third look.

Jaida's basketball look was fine. Her basketball wife look was a little too mall and not trashy/over the top enough for me. She looked like she was in a bubble bath in her ball outfit, which I really likd.

Brita's baseball look was a little too subtle. Without the red stitches, it was just a red and white dress. Her yellow basketball wife dress was shiny and tight but a bit nondescript. It didn't seem particularly anything in terms of a costume/look. Her pineapple ball look was basic and looked too crafty.

Crystal's vintage bowling outfiit was so cute. It was definitely giving me Grease vibes. Her basketball wife/Paris Hilton outfit had that very specific millennial look of the early 2000s. Her Carmen Miranda ball look was fun and colorful.

Jan's soccer look was literal but fun. And she gets credits for being able to dribble the ball. Loved the Cruella wig. Her silver rhinestone track suit was a great basketball wife look. Her blue ball look (!) had a couture feel because of the sleeves.

Heidi's golf look wasn't anything exciting but it did the job. The white dress she wore for her basketball wife look was great. She really sold it on the runway. Her space alien ball look was not my favorite. It was still too obvious that it was mostly a green unitard. The purple thing she had draped over her shoulder looked like an afghan you would find on an grandma's sofa.

Sherrie's shotput look wasn't very flattering. Aside from that, I didn't like the drab grey with the brown patches just on principle for the runway. Her basketball wife outfit was definitely not my favorite. Her green forest look was too dark and the corset looked like it didn't fit well.

Widow's jockey look wasn't the best look on the runway but it was fine. Her white basketball wife look was over the top and that's why it was so good. Her ball look was really unique which I liked.

Gigi's Heathers croquet look was perfect. I knew what it was as soon as she stepped out. Her basketball wife look with the snakeskin trenchcoat was definitely something I could see a rich bitch wearing to go shopping. In theory, her ball look was just a bunch of fuzzy balls on a white dress, but it was cute and colorful as well as executed really well.

I would have put Aiden in the bottom two. The judges disliked two of her three looks (and I don't think her first look was worthy of praise).

• Love 5

Wow, did I get that wrong! In the first 5 minutes I called Aiden and Brita as the bottom two. I think Rock sadly spent too much time trying to get out of her outfit leading to a subpar start to her lip sync, so it was the correct decision, but I cannot stand Brita and can’t wait to see her sashay away.

Aiden has potential, but is outclassed by this group. The same could be said for Heidi, but she has so much personality and energy, and will likely grow through this competition. Plus, Ru seems to adore her.

Nicky Doll is very talented, and I suspect she is being set up for her break through moment where the judges finally ‘know who she is’ in the next couple of weeks.

I’m glad the editors have essentially erased Sherry from the show, but she is definitely a very polished and talented performer. Shame she’s such a shitty person.

Really surprised by how low key the Widow has been. Based on week one, I thought she’d be a trouble maker. Love the bits of shade we’re getting from her.

I hope Crystal comes out of her shell more in the performances. I find her absolutely delightful.

Jackie is very solid. I hope she sticks around.

• Love 4

Now that we've established (?) what fruit or vegetable Brita's costume is, here's a follow-up question: what the fuck does a pineapple have to with balls?

Let's at least commemorate Nicky Doll's spectacular eyeroll:

• Love 11

I just wanted to see another queen ask Brita WTF a pineapple had to do with the challenge. She got so excited about being a pineapple and I was like "...bitch, it's about BALLS." And the judges did her no favors by focusing on the "we couldn't tell it was a pineapple" when they should have said "even if we COULD tell you were a pineapple, that is not Balls to the Wall Eleganza AT ALL." Brita's cockiness annoys me. There isn't much charm behind it. Compare to Gigi who has incredible confidence bordering on arrogance but it is somehow totally charming (mostly because she gives so much credit to her mom and you can feel that admiration and love).

• Love 11

I think it’s the editing, but all of the drama surrounding Aiden is bugging me, like it seems like everyone is piling on to talk trash about her from the beginning, which then makes me glad she stayed (though I would have liked to see more of Rock!) even if she may not have deserved to stay. I don’t get why she didn’t come up with a skirt or something to go with the corset... the black and white was nice, but needed more.

Loved Leslie as a judge, I want her on all my shows!

• Love 6

Ru's been hyping Aiden all season - talking a lot about how unique Aiden is, and how there's "something there."

I agree that Aiden's makeup and general concept are interesting. And I'm glad to have some representation from rural queens who aren't part of a big city's drag scene. But at the same time...I'm not seeing much overall talent.

Rock M. also had a very unique perspective, and a much more entertaining personality, and I feel cheated that we don't get to see more of her.

(I'm sure Aiden having drama with Sherry and Brita also helped convince Ru to keep her around.)

Brita's really coming across terribly. She probably belongs to that small group of queens who would be better off never doing the show. She was one of the most popular queens in NYC, and now her personality is coming across very badly, and she's not showing much talent either. And the allegations against her are becoming much better known as a result of her doing the show.

And seeing her personality on display makes it a lot, lot easier to believe that she would assault someone. I can totally see her as someone who refuses to take no for an answer.

• Love 8

I have to say that as I watched Rock M sob, I too was bawling my eyes out.  She so wanted to be there and provided some diversity.  Loved her enthusiasm.

Happy to see that after the first episode, the Widder is not running away with the show.  I love Gigi and I'm an old crone of sixty-kfjsadlkfj.  Keep watching her lip sync on that first episode, would love to see more but only if it is to decide who wins - not to see her in the bottom 2.

When were these episodes filmed?  I thought I saw on a photos somewhere - her IG or her mother's IG - 2/19.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

Besides, Aiden's retro baseball outfit was smart and entirely different from anything anyone else did. 

I wonder if they had to get their sport approved by the show, since everyone had a difference (ball) sport. Maybe after the Madonna kimono challenge, the show wanted to make sure there was no overlap. 

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Jan's soccer look was literal but fun. And she gets credits for being able to dribble the ball.

In heels as well!

Before the season started I didn't think I'd like Jan, but I really, really do!  She and Gigi are my favorites.

I knew that Violet Chachki was going to win her season the second she walked into the werkroom.  Gigi gave me that same vibe.

I also totally didn't get Brita pulling a rosin bag out of her mouth.  But I guess it makes as much sense as a pineapple in a balls to the wall challenge. 

Oh wait, it was because her sisters were called pineapple princesses and she always wanted to be one, too.  As far back as right after Sherry (?) came up with the name.

Edited by Sile
added some shade
  • Love 8

Are we supposed to be rooting for Aiden? I feel like the editing is telling me to do it based on all the criticism she's receiving from the other girls vs how the judges keep telling us she's "unique", but IMO the girls are right, even if they're being too mean about it. 

Brita's all bark, unfortunately I think it's her numerous comments towards Aiden that are making her (Aiden) more "interesting" in terms of drama for the show. 

Poor Rock, I do think she deserved to be on the bottom 3, but she was nowhere near the level of awful that was Brita and Aiden. 

I love Gigi, loved her three looks and her personality, I was glad she won the challenge, but I thought Nicki Doll's first two looks were slightly better. 

• Love 6

I really didn’t want Rock M to go home. I was well on my way to falling in love with her, and now, she’s gone when downer Aiden and super arrogant Brita get to stay. Ugh. I thought Rock M doing beauty make up would get her a bit more credit even though her second and third outfits were bad. 

Nikki reminds me a bit of Raja, winner of season 3 and one of my all time favorites, so I’m rooting for her a bit. However, Gigi fully deserved that win. 

• Love 6

I am tired of Brita and her arrogant ass.  The constantly ganging up on Aiden doesn't do her any favors either. I don't like mean nasty queens.

Aiden lost sight of the "eleganza" part of the challenge. That referee outfit needed a skirt! It should have been a gown.

I wish Rock hadn't fallen apart in the lipsync; I wanted Brita gone!

• Love 10
On 3/20/2020 at 9:54 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

After a week of utter chaos and uncertainty at work, my soul needed Leslie as the guest judge tonight.  Her enthusiasm is so pure and contagious.   

On 3/20/2020 at 10:04 PM, Michichick said:

I want Leslie Jones to be a judge on every reality competition show I watch. I love her and that she is so excited to be there.

She should judge once every season.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Fallacy said:

Nikki reminds me a bit of Raja, winner of season 3 and one of my all time favorites, so I’m rooting for her a bit. However, Gigi fully deserved that win. 

OMG YES to this! I think Nicki is adorable in and out of drag. And as someone pointed out above, the eyeroll is fabulous! I like Gigi too, that Heathers' inspired outfit was on point. 

And I agree about Leslie, she was all kinds of awesome. The puns from the judges were fantastic and so funny. Great chemistry between all four of them. 

• Love 4
On 3/21/2020 at 5:35 PM, Sile said:

But I guess it makes as much sense as a pineapple in a balls to the wall challenge. 

Oh wait, it was because her sisters were called pineapple princesses and she always wanted to be one, too.  As far back as right after Sherry (?) came up with the name.

Sherry didn’t come up with name - she started singing the Annette Funicello song. Which I assume Britta’s mother used to sing....

• Love 3
On 3/21/2020 at 7:03 AM, rlc said:

Aiden has potential, but is outclassed by this group. The same could be said for Heidi, but she has so much personality and energy, and will likely grow through this competition. Plus, Ru seems to adore her.

Aiden, Aiden, Aiden, is the glue gun your best friend? Last week it was barrettes and this week cotton balls.

I thought Heidi was now Heidi Ho. The chyron still said Heidi N Closet. 

I don't think Rupaul adores ANYONE.

Nicky Doll is very talented, and I suspect she is being set up for her break through moment where the judges finally ‘know who she is’ in the next couple of weeks.

I think Nicky Doll and I  can snark and eye roll ourselves into a beautiful friendship.

On 3/21/2020 at 7:36 AM, Corgi-ears said:

Let's at least commemorate Nicky Doll's spectacular eyeroll:

I just love her!

On 3/21/2020 at 6:33 PM, Stardancer Supreme said:

Aiden lost sight of the "eleganza" part of the challenge. That referee outfit needed a skirt! It should have been a gown.

It wasn't even a referee outfit until Jan told her it was. 🙄

On 3/20/2020 at 11:58 PM, Aerobicidal said:

I don't like Brita and I do like Rock M. but Rock lost the lip sync, IMO.

That ripping off of the dress was just embarrassing!

On 3/21/2020 at 12:44 AM, Sile said:

it seemed like Brita really did nothing other than swing around Rock's discards in the air and try to block her on the stage.  

I thought Brita timed her moves perfectly. She picked up Rock's discarded dress and swung it around appropriately right as the song is saying "whips n chains excite me."

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 6

!!!Conspiracy theory alert!!!
(no actual spoilers, just tinfoil hat theorizing)

<begin transmission>

The fix is in squirrel-friends.  Aiden Zahne has been identified as the queen that inexplicably makes it to the top despite being way out of her depth.  Sources cite "Mamma" Ru's penchant for the underdog will keep Aiden out of the bottom for the majority of the season. 

On 3/22/2020 at 12:22 PM, zengirl1215 said:

OMG YES to this! I think Nicki is adorable in and out of drag. And as someone pointed out above, the eyeroll is fabulous! I like Gigi too, that Heathers' inspired outfit was on point. 

And I agree about Leslie, she was all kinds of awesome. The puns from the judges were fantastic and so funny. Great chemistry between all four of them. 

I love the chemistry between Ross and Michelle.  They just play off each other so well and neither will give the other an inch hehehehe.  Ross even said 'theyll fuck some day' LOLOLOLO. Ross is so anti-vag, that to say such a thing is bloody hysterical!  Michelle was rolling too. Funny funny funny!

Leslie Jones made this ep even better, her joy at being there with combined with her quips ("she done already had horses" at the Widow's equestrian look had me LOLing) and keeping up with the quips of the three other judges make her my episode MVP.

And she signed the Widow's shoes in Untucked! "I hate these shoes, Leslie Jones, 2019" was what I needed after that first week of social distancing. 

I cannot get enough of Gigi's looks, that girl and her momma know what they're doing. Loved all 3 of her looks but her ball look was so Vannelope from Wreck It Ralph to me, I looooved it.

Sad to see Rock M go tho she did leave us with something I did not know I needed til after she said it: "every time you fart I'm thinking of you." Bless you, beautiful magical joyful unicorn!

• Love 3