Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: Coliesa's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Because Colisea is probably always terrorizing her kids by darkly hinting that she could "die on the table". 

She could just as easily die at her kitchen table...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, String Theory said:

I wouldn't want to be in the room when she's finally "relieved" of her load.......

The medical professionals who have to deal with these poundticipants are definitely not paid anywhere near enough.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
Just now, snarkish said:

We'd look adorable next to each other...my inseam is, no joke, like 26 inches. I am 4'10" on a good day.  Capri are the only pants I don't have to hem. 

My best friend is that height. Our parents called us Mutt and Jeff when we'd walk side by side to elementary school. 

• LOL 5
9 minutes ago, Splashes said:

There are only four veggies. Potatoes, carrots, onions, broccoli. Anyone who sad there are others is lying.

I love vegetables. All of them. Except cabbage. The smell when it's cooking makes me want to throw up. The thought of eating something that smells like that also makes me want to throw up.

• Love 2
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

She hasn't pooped in TWO WEEKS?

I hope they have reinforced plumbing in that hospital.

Gross story but one time I woke up in terrible pain and my stomachs was distended....went to ER and all I needed was a laxative. I honestly thought I was dying 😆 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Is there a bucket on earth that is equal to the task? Shudder. 

She can use the dumpster out by the loading dock.

Just now, snarkish said:

We'd look adorable next to each other...my inseam is, no joke, like 26 inches. I am 4'10" on a good day.  Capri are the only pants I don't have to hem. 

Good friend of mine is 4-10.  I'm 6-2.  We went to dinner one night and the waitress actually brought her a children's menu but upon seeing that Rosie was in her 30s....did not give her the menu.  Waitress thought she was my daughter even though 1) Rosie is 3 years older than I and 2) she's Puerto Rican and dark skinned.  I am pasty white.  

• LOL 6
10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I really really regret not taking that suppository they offered me in the hospital after getting hit by the car and being on Oxy for five days. Like, it's been eight years and it's still one of the biggest regrets in my life. They aren't kidding about that (lack of) shit. 

Yeah. My mother had that same problem not too long ago. 

It's hard to imagine being sick as a dog, needing intervention, and being so fat they can't read the X-ray. 

• Love 3

Just like I thought, she is too fat for any tests to be definitive...  let's hope the meds will help, but she should not have waited for more than 1 week.  I have seen non-obese people die as a consequence of bowel obstruction...

• Love 4
Just now, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Good friend of mine is 4-10.  I'm 6-2.  We went to dinner one night and the waitress actually brought her a children's menu but upon seeing that Rosie was in her 30s....did not give her the menu.  Waitress thought she was my daughter even though 1) Rosie is 3 years older than I and 2) she's Puerto Rican and dark skinned.  I am pasty white.  

I hope your friend takes advantage of that sometimes. It's so unfair that my friend gets in for the kid's price (or free!) and I have to pay for the full adult admission wherever. Of course, she has to wear lifts in her shoes to get on certain rollercoasters so maybe it evens out? 

We still take my friend trick or treating even though we're in our mid-30s. It's especially hilarious when they see her climb in the driver's seat of our car and take off afterwards. Heh. 

• LOL 4

Dh was having severe lower back pain last year. He went to urgent care and they did and ultrasound and told him he was full of shit, literally. I've been having the best time with that ever since. They told him to use Mirlax and he was fine the next day but the bathroom had to be fumigated. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Yeah. My mother had that same problem not too long ago. 

It's hard to imagine being sick as a dog, needing intervention, and being so fat they can't read the X-ray. 

I love how Dr. Now had to stop for a second to find the right words to say to her about that too. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Her body habitus (which is what he said he just mumbles a LOT) would prevent an upper GI from seeing anything either. I'm surprised they don't have an open cat scan at least where he is treating the super obese.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I'm a Julia spelled correctly and I didn't have any personalized ornaments, either. 

Fuck all the Julie-s, though. 

Now I have the John Lennon song 'Julia' as my ear worm! Gah!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Sugar substitutes will do it. 

Yeah. I learned when I was first diagnosed as diabetic to leave that stuff alone. It's not the answer to a sweet tooth. You're better off with a little of the real stuff or none at all.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

I hope your friend takes advantage of that sometimes. It's so unfair that my friend gets in for the kid's price (or free!) and I have to pay for the full adult admission wherever. Of course, she has to wear lifts in her shoes to get on certain rollercoasters so maybe it evens out? 

We still take my friend trick or treating even though we're in our mid-30s. It's especially hilarious when they see her climb in the driver's seat of our car and take off afterwards. Heh. 

It happened in 1993 and I still laugh about it.  She was annoyed at first.  Told me not to say anything to anyone at work the next day.  Too late.  I put a phone book on her desk chair and a small step ladder next to it.  ALso a few crayons on her desk with a coloring book.

• LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

It'll be fun. Of course, we'll have to stop for fast food half a dozen times on the way.

Can I come please please please? I have beer! And toilet paper, and (drum roll please) ... HAND SANITIZER!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Yeah. I learned when I was first diagnosed as diabetic to leave that stuff alone. It's not the answer to a sweet tooth. You're better off with a little of the real stuff or none at all.

I bet you could replace the colonoscopy prep drink with a bag of those sugar free gummy bears. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Not a good sitchuation that you are too big for a cat scan machine and you are so fat that they can't xray your insides.     Maybe that will make her more serious about her health.

I am sort of surprised that they haven't created a cat scan for larger people.  

• Love 4

I can't understand a fucking word Dr Now is saying tonight. What did he say they diagnosed her with? And HOW was it diagnosed?

1 minute ago, peaceknit said:

Now I have the John Lennon song 'Julia' as my ear worm! Gah!

Or Julia Sugarbaker ranting, "The nights the lights went out in Georgia!"

Cauliflower's life could be a movie. Put Julia(ha!) Roberts, Reese Witherspoon, or Sandra Bullock in a fat suit, and it's another Oscar win.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Chicklet said:

Wait how does a c-section cause bowel obstruction when they don't cut into the bowel? Color me confused. What other bowel surgery did she have?

Any abdominal surgery can result in scar tissue that can constrict part of the bowel.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

God!! She is unlikeable.

I’m sorry about what happened to her but, at some point, you have to put on your big girl panties be responsible for your life!!!   They broke ya but you got a fix yourself!!!

Now that she’s getting the surgery we will have her trying to con him for drugs.

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

I am sort of surprised that they haven't created a cat scan for larger people.  

They have one for livestock. They could use that one.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

My doctor calls artificial sweeteners "the devil's food." Diet soft drinks are especially bad.

• Love 3