Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: Coliesa's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

HAHAHAHA “If I take a baseball hat and start hitting you, you want me to slow down or stop?” I know I’ll be using that on my juniors next time they won’t “stop” something or other. Whenever we’re back in school, that is. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

You shouldn't smoke if you have a patch on though. 

I love that commercial. I've been known to rewind it and watch it again. That tailor cracks my shit up. 

Oh yea you could die smoking on the patch! I must have misunderstood what he said.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"I'm feeling really good about my progress"

Cut to Colisea looking distinctly disgruntled. 

She's cut back to three meals a day! 

Which makes me think each meal is triple what it should be.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

How y'all doin', former Before the 90 Days pals who may remember me!

Coming out of lurkdom mid-season because...I've missed several of you and desperately in need of snark, especially this past week! My University and research lab are shutting down, my kid is home from school for three weeks. But the husband with Diabetes and heart issues must report to work, Go figure. 

My eating habit today was two mini slices of pizza (after not having any since December), a few chicken nuggets and chicken Caesar salad, washed down with a bit of Sangria to celebrate (somewhat) our 3rd anniversary today. The worst (for me) meal eaten Since January 1st and down 15 pounds.

This season is KILLING ME! What is with Louisiana this season? I also have hit a new low thinking at least she has on decent slippers and a bra! And she's fairly mobile. But oh, the Oxycodone...let's see how this pans out when the meds discontinue. 

Snark on, my lovelies. After "Zoom"ing all day online with coworkers, I will do my best to at least keep reading!

• Love 16

I feel we're being set up for failure here: "I'm doing great! Not smoking! Eating right! I'm gonna get weight loss surgery FOR SURE!" 

I give it 10 minutes until this house of cards falls. 

I'm bored and went back to reading reddit. Just learned that my regional grocer has set 7-8 am as the hour for seniors (that would be me). Do these people not realize that I retired so I didn't have to be anywhere at 8 am?

We are civilized people out here in fly-over country. None of that screaming and cussing and taking stuff out of others' baskets. I don't need to get my emergency ice cream at 8 am.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Sorry but how is the patch as bad as smoking? My husband used it to quit and hasn't had a cigarette in over 10 years

Yes, I disagree with the Dr. there.  The smoke is the worst part of cigarettes, not the nicotine except of course how addictive it is.

• Love 2

They always seem to have willing people cleaning out their piss buckets or poop trash bags (as seen on an episode last month) and feeding them right into the grave.  I seriously doubt that my sisters would do the same for me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I'm in Massachusetts, everything is shut down. Its getting alarming. I'm working from home.  I work at MIT, they're closing the campus. Even the labs are closing. Scary.

We don't have a single case where I live, but everything is shut down. I work for a newspaper and we have a responsibility to keep the public informed about what's going on, so I keep going into work. There are only 13 of us at any given time in the office. We may lock the front door to keep people from coming in off the street.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, snarkish said:

Snark on, my lovelies. After "Zoom"ing all day online with coworkers, I will do my best to at least keep reading!

We're all working from home--Zoom, WebEx and Slack. 

And now I'm live chatting with you all, my Pounder peeps! thanks to all the gods in the pantheon for the internet!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
Just now, Snarkastikate said:

They always seem to have willing people cleaning out their piss buckets or poop trash bags (as seen on an episode last month) and feeding them right into the grave.  I seriously doubt that my sisters would do the same for me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

they also have people willing to feed them until they explode. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, mk828 said:

I had open heart surgery a little more than a year ago. I refused any opioid pain killers, despite the Dr. and nurses recommending them. Best decision ever. Made me feel so much better. At. first they gave them to me and I felt so sick from them so I was  pissed when I found out what it was they were giving to me. 

Last summer, when my then 76 yo husband had spinal surgery in his neck,  he was offered fentanyl!!!!!!  We both laughed.  

• Love 3
Just now, aliya said:

I'm bored and went back to reading reddit. Just learned that my regional grocer has set 7-8 am as the hour for seniors (that would be me). Do these people not realize that I retired so I didn't have to be anywhere at 8 am?

We are civilized people out here in fly-over country. None of that screaming and cussing and taking stuff out of others' baskets. I don't need to get my emergency ice cream at 8 am.

Our store has "senior shopping" from 5:30 - 7:00 am mid-week.  While I personally am NEVER up later than six (and often as early as four), my husband won't roll out of bed much before 7:00 unless golf is involved.  So I don't think we'll be taking advantage of it.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Younan is taking no prisoners!

Seems like he's putting up with less BS from his patients this season.  I've been less than impressed with most of them, but maybe they're trying to show that not all of his patients are successful....

• Love 10