Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Worth The Weight

• Start Topic

Whitney and Todd hatch a business plan; Ryan's reaction threatens to derail their trip to Paris and Whitney's performance at the Weightlifting Championships.

Airs March 10, 2020.

1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Yay!  More weightlifting, I can hardly wait! 

I know, right? What could be more exciting than watching a super morbidly obese, hygienicallly challenged narcissist lift 1/2 her weight over her head. Sometimes.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
On 3/9/2020 at 4:52 PM, Dot said:

I know, right? What could be more exciting than watching a super morbidly obese, hygienicallly challenged narcissist lift 1/2 her weight over her head. Sometimes.

Watching her fall, perhaps?   ( Oooh, that was mean...did i really type that?) 😬

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I have not watched all season because I got tired of yelling at the tv all last season.  Just came here to check on her antics.  But thought I'd give it a go tonight.  So, I literally have it on for like 2 minutes max and I hear her say that her friends are chasing Chase away WTF, did I hear that right?  Yeah, right, it's not you at all.  Then she asks Babs if her dad approved her wearing glasses and proceeds to steal them right off her mom's face.  Ok there I am yelling at the tv again......and off TLC goes.  

Edited by Snarkastikate
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Did she really come in 2nd place?? Really? Or were there just 2 competitors in her class??

Exactly my first thought. 2nd out of 2 competitors.

Based on what I've read here, Ryan wasn't wrong about her business plan being shit.

Oh, and this is all so fakety fake. And extremely awkward.

(OT: I don't even watch Jazz and I'm sick of her crying.)

Edited by DanaMB
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20

Im for team Whit/Buddy.  She obviously has deep feelings for Buddy. And he for her.     I never liked Buddy much til Chase ( blecchh😫) came in the picture.  I dont see that relationship going anywhere. Just a bad feeling, I guess.   I loved when Buddy piped up about he and Whit having matching tatts in front of Chase! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 😆.  Just my opinion tho....

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, nytonc said:

I can’t believe she gave Buddy a pic of the two of them for his apartment. On second thought, Twit will be in love with Buddy for the rest of her miserable life. 

Well of course  she did! Everything --- and I do mean EVERYTHING  --- has to be about HER. She can't  wish a friend  happy birthday  without  making it  about her. She can't  give a friend a gift  without  making it  about  HER.  

• Love 19

Chase couldn't keep a straight face during the argument between Whitney and Ryan. Tried to find results of the weightlifting. I think I found the correct website it was October of 2019 but there were no results online that I could find. This show is awful as are all of the participants.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, suev33 3 said:

Im for team Whit/Buddy.  She obviously has deep feelings for Buddy. And he for her.     I never liked Buddy much til Chase ( blecchh😫) came in the picture.  I dont see that relationship going anywhere. Just a bad feeling, I guess.   I loved when Buddy piped up about he and Whit having matching tatts in front of Chase! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 😆.  Just my opinion tho....

Yeah, a drama whoring, delusional, clingy narcissist with serious boundary, self-control, hygiene issues and serious hints of an addictive personality paired with lazy, equally messy barely employable drug addict with anger issues. Frankly they deserve each other, the people that will inevitably have to deal with the wake they leave behind do not.

• Love 24

She “won” a “medal”?  Does this mean we get to watch her “compete” in the “US Championship” next? And “try out” for the “olympics” next season between wedding cake tastings?  Come on show.

• LOL 18
On 3/9/2020 at 4:52 PM, Dot said:

A super morbidly obese, hygienicallly challenged narcissist lift a  1/4 of her weight over her head. Sometimes.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4

Twit becomes more childlike as time goes on.  "I won 2nd place!"   You had one person competing against you, you basically got a participation medal.   

Did she think she looked cute swinging in the swing?  Anything to take the attention away from Ashley's baby.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

I’m sad to admit it but I tried to look up the results and can’t find them. There must have only been 2 people in her weight class... her and the other woman who looks like she was all muscle. Notice how there was no bronze medalist? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Whit get your goddamned shoes off your  parents couch you slob.

Buddy's place is nice and generally there is a bar down the street from most places in a major city. She always has something negative to say when people seem to do well without her. First there was the golden girl comment now her commenting on the location of Buddy's place and the framed photo she gave him was a selfish gift. I find it rich she expects Buddy to go to her competition when she completely ghosted him without apology at his comedy show.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 23

I would love for one of Chase’s female friends from the klerb to get matching tattoos with him. And then fling her head in his lap on the sofa, then present him with a picture of it to place in his apartment.  #relationshipgoals

• LOL 7
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, nytonc said:

I can’t believe she gave Buddy a pic of the two of them for his apartment. On second thought, Twit will be in love with Buddy for the rest of her miserable life. 

I figure that's for Chase to see later and blow up over.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, suev33 3 said:

I never liked Buddy much til Chase ( blecchh😫) came in the picture.  I dont see that relationship going anywhere. Just a bad feeling, I guess.   I loved when Buddy piped up about he and Whit having matching tatts in front of Chase! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 😆.  Just my opinion tho....

Yes, I think Chase is a controlling, possibly abusive, SOB.
Buddy's not great, but not that bad.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, FurBabyMama said:

I’m sad to admit it but I tried to look up the results and can’t find them. There must have only been 2 people in her weight class... her and the other woman who looks like she was all muscle. Notice how there was no bronze medalist? 

Yes that is why the pic of her and only one other contestant....2nd place is last place 😂 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Buddy literally assaulted a police officer and was charged with a felony for it so I don't know what you mean by "not that bad".

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Honest question, a lift of 60lbs at a heavyweight lifting competition doesn't seem like a lot? I guess I could ask Dr. Google but they way they were talking about this competition I expected more weight. 

Don't like a lot of office jobs require you to be able to lift 40 pounds as a basic requirement?

• LOL 3
  • Love 14

Here's a re-post of my research into Whitney's weightlifting comp.

So, I had to go looking. The North Carolina Weightlifting State Championship (USA Weightlifting sanctioned) took place on October 19 and October 20, 2019 in Greenville, NC at the ECU Recreation Center. Whitney competed in the 87 Kg+ group (192+ lbs.). There were four women, including Whitney, in the group and she came in last. I don't understand the scoring for this type of competition, so I am linking to the results here. *But since there's a lot of results, here are just Whitney's:

Whitney Thore Greensboro, NC66 Weight Class: 87+ Kg   Total: 66   
Competition Weight: 152.2   Snatch 1:    Snatch 2:    Snatch 3: 25   Best Snatch:    CleanJerk 1:    CleanJerk 2:    CleanJerk 3:    Best CleanJerk: 41   

Someone who knows more about this than I do, feel free to interpret this!

*As of right now, Firefox is giving a security warning when I try to link to this page.*

Edited December 3, 2019 by Ketzel

And the next day, Yajmele replied:

Okay, I went to look this up, too, because a lot of it is blank. But it seems to be that way for all the participants.  I’ll do my best to explain.

In a standard weightlifting meet, all weights are done in kilograms.  If you want to get a rough idea of the weights in pounds, take the weight in kilos and multiply by 2.2.  All lifters are weighed before the meet to determine what weight class they’re in. There are two lifts:  the snatch and the clean & jerk.  For each lift, they get three attempts. The athlete decides what weights they want to attempt to lift.  The weights can either stay the same, or they can go up, but never down. (Example:  if she attempts a 20 kg snatch on her first attempt and fails, she can reattempt that weight, or she could go up to at least 21kg, but she cannot try and attempt 18kg instead). Lifters are scored by adding the weight from their heaviest successful snatch with their heaviest successful clean & jerk, provided they make at least one successful lift of each.  There are three judges watching the lifts:  one to the left, one in the center, and one to the right.  There is usually a light or paddle system that they use to indicate a good lift or no lift, based on the sport’s established standards.  At least two judges must indicate a good lift for it to be deemed successful.  

Typically, the scoresheets indicate the weights for all of their lifts attempted. If it was an unsuccessful lift, the number has a minus sign in front of it. For some reason, this one only shows the best lift from each athlete.  

Numbers in pounds

Bodyweight:  334.84 lbs.

Best snatch:  55 lbs.

Best clean & jerk:  90.2 lbs.

Total:  145.2 lbs.

What I don’t understand is why she was competing at a STATE championship meet.  Looking at her competitors in her weight class, the person that ranked the next place up had more than twice her total.  I mean, if you want to get your feet wet with competing, do it at a small, local meet.  Her home gym (Heavy Metal Barbell) HOSTED a meet in early November, which she did not participate in.  And that would make sense to me to do first.  

Edited to add:  the link I provided for the meet at Heavy Metal Barbell is more of an expected scoresheet. All lifts, good and bad are recorded there.

• Useful 8
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Did she think she looked cute swinging in the swing?  Anything to take the attention away from Ashley's baby.

Gurl.  Be happy it wasn’t a seesaw.

Not much to say about We’re Going To France Part Deux, except when she was on the way to the airport (?) and she was taking the stairs one at a time again, except this time there was no cat in her hands, and she couldn't even pretend to be able to do it for the cameras with two or three stairs??  And she complains that she’s sore from the competition?  Bitch, that ain’t sore, that’s not being able to walk down the stairs because there are over two hundred extra pounds on your fucking joints.  

I have shitty knees.  I’ve had them for most of my life.  It sucks.  But if I was going to blame my knee pain on a lifting competition, I would at least have the decency to wear some type of supportive knee brace before I blamed it on the rigors of said “competition.” 

It’s hard for me to believe she’s only 335.  What kind of 5’2” is she?  She using centimeters?

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, John M said:

Don't like a lot of office jobs require you to be able to lift 40 pounds as a basic requirement?

A lot of warehouse  jobs require you to be able to  lift 50# . And no, at Whit's body weight, 60# is nothing. @cherenkov explains  it much better than  I can. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, auntjess said:

Chase is no prize, but can I ask what’s controlling and abusive about him?  I’m the first to admit I skim through the show, but the things I’ve seen him pretend to get upset about are Whitney and Buddy being codependent.  Theoretically Chase and Whitney are exclusive, but Whitney has laid in bed caressing Buddy’s beard, threw keys at Chase to get the bags while she threw him under the bus with Buddy about the comedy show, flat out told Chase she would choose Buddy over him.  Is giving pictures of herself snuggling with Buddy to put in his new apartment all while tied to her love Chase. I don’t even like Chase, but I don’t understand why he wouldn’t get upset with these specific things, not to mention I think his contract probably requires him too.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 19
42 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Chase is no prize, but can I ask what’s controlling and abusive about him?  I’m the first to admit I skim through the show, but the things I’ve seen him pretend to get upset about are Whitney and Buddy being codependent.

He was wanting her to completely drop Buddy as a friend, but he has his frat boy buddies.  
I just don't like him.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

That’s a nice house for what I imagine Buddy’s income to be.

Buddy does receive income from TLC so I imagine that is what enable's him to afford the rental. Otherwise, he would be back at mom and dad's. 

2 hours ago, suev33 3 said:

She obviously has deep feelings for Buddy. And he for her.    

I feel that Whit is in love with Buddy, always has been. He has never shown to be "in love" with Whitney. He has her completely in the close friend zone and that is where it will stay. He enjoyed living in her house for free while he was using and then when he sobered up he paid the bare minimum rent. I don't think he has led her on with his feelings at all and the fact that he would never admit to having sex with her proves he was embarrassed of that one time only hook up. I also think the producers are making him go above and beyond to make Chase jealous when in reality he doesn't care if Whitney has a boyfriend or not. 

I do enjoy Ryan not putting up with any of Whit's crap. It's always a highlight for me to watch those two go at it. 

• Love 15

Whatever Whitney does, her friends and family overly praise it. Maybe I’m just not use to seeing that in the real world. Are they over the top in acting like everything Whitney does is so amazing? Or I’m just being judgmental. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, sonder said:

Whatever Whitney does, her friends and family overly praise it. Maybe I’m just not use to seeing that in the real world. Are they over the top in acting like everything Whitney does is so amazing? Or I’m just being judgmental. 

Yeppers!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I feel that Whit is in love with Buddy, always has been. He has never shown to be "in love" with Whitney. He has her completely in the close friend zone and that is where it will stay.

I got a chuckle over the fact that after Whitney walked out of his apartment he turned her photo gift face down on the table.

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, auntjess said:

He was wanting her to completely drop Buddy as a friend, but he has his frat boy buddies.  
I just don't like him.  

Chase also wanted Whit to get rid of alot of her things when she moved into her new place.  It seemed like anything that meant something or had a good memory for Whit got tossed. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I feel that Whit is in love with Buddy, always has been. He has never shown to be "in love" with Whitney. He has her completely in the close friend zone and that is where it will stay. He enjoyed living in her house for free while he was using and then when he sobered up he paid the bare minimum rent. I don't think he has led her on with his feelings at all and the fact that he would never admit to having sex with her proves he was embarrassed of that one time only hook up. I also think the producers are making him go above and beyond to make Chase jealous when in reality he doesn't care if Whitney has a boyfriend or not. 

Agreed - although I thought he was enjoying it and cracking himself up in the car ride about the matching tattoos.  It made me like him a little 😈

7 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Chase also wanted Whit to get rid of alot of her things when she moved into her new place.  It seemed like anything that meant something or had a good memory for Whit got tossed. 

Yes, it's a shame she doesn't have the painting Lennie did of her hanging above the bed they "make love" on 🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, auntjess said:

I just don't like him.  

I get not liking him, actually I don’t much care for any of them on the show except Todd when he mouths off to Whitney, Ryan when he calls Whitney on her bullshit and Ashley as she tries to act neutral.  I guess I see Chase complaining about Buddy because they are too handys with each other ymmv.  I don’t see him trying to cut off her other friends....he may I barely watch without fast forwarding.  If Chase starts rolling around in a bed with a female friend and expects Whitney to be ok about it then I’d change my mind, but I really think this is all fake and he’s pretending to be jealous, but if it were real Id see his gripe.  I don’t think he’s caressing his frat friends but I could be wrong with all these people who the hell knows what any of them are doing? In real life, the only ones I might get along with are Heather because I don’t think she is as pathetic as they portray her and Tal since he met Jon seems to unlatched from Whitney. Of course different strokes for different folks.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, sonder said:

I feel like people do it for a 6 year old not a 36 year old, so I think you are on the money.  I could see once and a while doing this but I guess they all are cashing their checks and don’t care.  Was Heather not in this episode or did I fast forward through her?

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, sonder said:

Kinda like you would  praise a toddler who  peed in the potty.. "Look at you! What a big girl you are! Mommy and Daddy are soooooo proud of  their big girl!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Honest question, a lift of 60lbs at a heavyweight lifting competition doesn't seem like a lot? I guess I could ask Dr. Google but they way they were talking about this competition I expected more weight. 

No it isn’t. I am not even that fit of a woman and I shoulder press 60lbs so it isn’t that much weight. The snatch is a different movement though so I am not sure how it compares for muscle group movement, as I am not really into Olympic weightlifting moves.

The weightlifting is a sport that Whitney can do okay in as it isn’t a bodybuilding competition, there are no muscle aesthetics involved, just specific lifts and heavy weights. Lots of power lifters are overweight. One injury will put Whit out for a long time though because her body isn’t overall fit enough to heal quickly and her training plan doesn’t involve much other than lifting from what we have seen. I think it crazy she thinks she is fit just because she can lift. She doesn’t have any other measures of fitness except she can lift a barbell above her head. She wouldn’t even be able to do a proper squat or deadlift because if her waist and thigh size.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, auntjess said:

I just don't like him.  

Whitney has been seen literally rolling around on the bed with Buddy while Chase brought in the bags-and that's just one example of her lack of boundaries. 

• Love 9