Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Worth The Weight

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, John M said:

Don't like a lot of office jobs require you to be able to lift 40 pounds as a basic requirement?

Not above your head, I don't think. Just to be able to move stuff around and maybe put it on  a shelf.

My daughter is a nurse and their minimum requirement is 50 lbs to be hired. 

Well yes, but nursing involves a LOT of physical labor that would be outside the norm for most office workers.

I recently had a 65 pound dog who was quite ill and needed to be carried. I could barely move him - my husband had to carry him. I could maybe lift him waist height on a good day and I couldn't hold him for long. Then again, I'm not a weight lifter.

I feel that Whit is in love with Buddy, always has been. He has never shown to be "in love" with Whitney. He has her completely in the close friend zone and that is where it will stay. 

I think Whit is definitely in love with Buddy and has always hoped/thought they would end up together. I think Buddy might also have feelings for Whit but I think he wishes he didn't. For whatever reason, I think he thinks he deserves "better."

On a different note, I wish Whit would stop calling Harper "Harpy." It's not a flattering nickname.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I had to laugh when Jessica commented 'Girl is an athlete I am telling you' 

I thought she looked as if she wanted to try competing herself.  But I guess since this wasn't a "team" event, she couldn't be allowed to upstage Whitney.

• Love 8

As usual these days I could barely get through any of this episode but Ashley suggesting that Chase would propose on the trip, like could they be any more obvious that the proposal was a scripted event? Even Whitney suggested how ludicrous a proposal would be.

Does Whit realize how pathetic this show makes her look? I wouldn't be able to show my face in public if a show made me look like Whit but I guess we already know she is incapable of feeling shame.

• Love 21

Gosh - Harper is darling. She’s the single bright light in this shit show.

Whitney’s ‘competition’ was so cringeworthy. And - again - I struggle to understand how legitimate fitness professionals want to associate their reputations with this level of fakery. I don’t get it. Her coach seems like he has a patina of professionalism - so it makes no sense to me how he can think her two weeks of training and a “State” championship is doing anything for his business besides making people question his brand and credibility. Everyone knows Jessica is a hack so no skin off her back. But this guy? Whatever...

• Love 10

This may be an unpopular opinion but I find Babs so freaking annoying. Nowhere near epic Whitney-level - but still. Her going on about grandkids and how she desperately wants them so Whitney better get on board soon was infuriating. Maybe a realistic conversation with the daughter she coddles about how super morbid obesity and not JUST PCOS could preclude pregnancy? She and Glenn created this monster and their enabling Whitney’s issues just bugs me. And her passive aggressive “Southern Belle” shtick is old af. She needs this show to end as well. It’s doing NO ONE any favors at all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
17 minutes ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

This may be an unpopular opinion but I find Babs so freaking annoying. Nowhere near epic Whitney-level - but still. Her going on about grandkids and how she desperately wants them so Whitney better get on board soon was infuriating. Maybe a realistic conversation with the daughter she coddles about how super morbid obesity and not JUST PCOS could preclude pregnancy? She and Glenn created this monster and their enabling Whitney’s issues just bugs me. And her passive aggressive “Southern Belle” shtick is old af. She needs this show to end as well. It’s doing NO ONE any favors at all.

I agree with you 100%  In the beginning I used to like Glenn and Babs, heck I used to like Whitney for that matter.  However, you were correct when you said they created the monster their daughter is.  I'm sure that is why they don't show Hunter very much, he's probably just as messed up as his sister.  

Did anyone catch the scene when Whitney was lying in bed (as usual) with Nada during the entire Avi episodes.  She had a photo of HER DAD on the ceiling above her bed!!!  How disturbing is that???

And when Whitney mouthed 'you bitch' to her mom when her mom told her dad that Lennie was moving in with her (which never happened).  I used to be appauled at these two episode scenes, but now, the parents are the ones responsible for their daughter's rude and sometimes vulgar behavior.

• Love 11

I guess coming in second out of two looks like a bigger accomplishment than coming in fourth out of four (which is where the original results report, now disappeared from the results archive, ranked her). Fourth out of four means she wouldn't have gotten any medal at all, which of course, wouldn't do. Not fabulous enough.

But we still don't know why the USA Weightlifting rules say you can't go to a state championship as your first competition, but Whitney appears to be doing exactly that?

Oh well, as far as I can see, Whitney has never participated in an event that wasn't faked in some way to her advantage, so why should this one be different?

Edited by Ketzel
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

I just went to Chase's IG account.  He cut his long hair short, and his beard has grown into a full blown beard.  Buddy's beard and Chase's beard almost match.  I find this very disturbing in so many ways.  Is Whitney trying to make Chase look just like Buddy?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, texasbluebonnets said:

I just went to Chase's IG account.  He cut his long hair short, and his beard has grown into a full blown beard.  Buddy's beard and Chase's beard almost match.  I find this very disturbing in so many ways.  Is Whitney trying to make Chase look just like Buddy?

I think the end of the season is near and it's time for him to go full disguise and into hiding.  He's probably thinking he can fade quietly in obscurity like Lennie was able to. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

And the desperation of forcing him to admit it at the point of a bayonet is palpable.  If you think it happened and he denied it, how does it make you in any way more attractive or desirable or fix your feelings if you force him to admit that it happened?  If he doesn’t own up to it organically, then he still doesn’t want people to know.  Your problem didn’t go away.  He didn’t even say it was good, nor was It her aim for him to say that.  All she wanted him to do was to stop “lying” about them having had sex.  Why?  Does she feel avenged now, does she feel more attractive, does she feel thinner, now that the public “knows” another morbidly obese person, who was likely in a drunken stupor, got an erection and laid the pipe over half a decade ago? 

As far as the script goes, I feel like they're adding a lot of the Buddy stuff to give Whit an excuse when the wedding never happens.  But to your above point - she did the same thing with Roy from the radio station - she wanted to date him; he said, "Sorry, I've got a girlfriend."  So Whit went around everywhere - her friends, family, their colleagues at the radio station, even ON AIR - announcing that he was lying and did not have a girlfriend and he needed to admit it.  How did she think that would ever end well for her?  "You're right, I don't have a girlfriend?"  "So are we going out?"  "No."

**At the time Roy's being gay was not in play which is why I'm ignoring it here.  The point is that she seems to want to force people to "admit" things that only make her look bad.  I put "admit" in quotation marks because I'm still in doubt about what she and Buddy actually did.

• Love 15

Twit is an athlete according to Jessica.  hahahahaha.  Continue to feed the delusion. Twit thought she was an Olympian when she was handed that medal. It was like in kindergarten when everyone go a reward for tinkling in the bathroom like a proper little lad or lady instead of in their underoos. No hot tubs were  around, so Twit got the award.  

If my friend gave me a framed picture of ourselves for a housewarming gift, I'd be a little disappointed. I want a fruit basket, or a Winners gift card. Come on, spend a little, Whitney!

Whitney a good mom? No Babs, you're wrong. She wasn't paying attention to Harper while she was pushing her in the swing.  She was pushing Harper rather aggressively for her age, and the kid was really airborne and probably vomited afterwards.

Whit is eating up the attention from Chase and Buddy. Whit thinks herself a hot commodity and the boys can't resist her earthquaking twerks. The cottage cheese thighs slapping brings all the boys into her yard.  🙄 Buddy was laying it on thick in the car, and it was actually a funny moment from Buddy. Whitney isn't fully respecting her fake romance with Chase and I hope it is followed up with a fake break up. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • LOL 5
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

a funny moment from Buddy

speaking of Buddy being funny, he just put up on IG that he's doing his open mic comedy routine next week at some local Greensboro club.  Does anyone think Buddy has a career in comedy?  I'm anxious for your comments.

• Useful 1
8 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

In reality, Roy didn't have a girlfriend, he had a boyfriend, but didn't want to come out on her show.

Yeah but like I said, that wasn't my point.  Although it would have been funny if he HAD come out, and Whit demanded that he admit he was lying, wasn't gay, didn't have a boyfriend, and really wanted to date Whit 😀

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, John M said:

Dear lord why is it such a big deal to her that they had sex? Doesn't she try to portray herself as someone that is very sexual experienced? 

its a big deal to Whitney because she wants to convince her fans that even though she's the size she's at, doesn't mean she can't have sex.  She's having a great time right now being the center of two men's love life's.  Buddy and Chase acting like they are fighting over her affections.  Whatever...

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
34 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

She was pushing Harper rather aggressively for her age, and the kid was really airborne and probably vomited afterwards.

I noticed that too.  She's very aggressive.  I also noticed that Harper looked like she wanted nothing to do with Twit when Twit tried to hug her.  I don't see any maternal instincts in her at all.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

I don't see any maternal instincts in her at all

I think her so-called desire to be a mother comes directly from her parents always pushing her to produce grandchildren for them.  Did you not watch the episode where she thought she was pregnant from Lennie?  She cried for two hours thinking she was pregnant.  She doesn't want to be pregnant, or even married, for that matter.  That's just my opinion, because how can a self-centered individual as Whitney is be satisfied by being married to just ONE man? LOL

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, John M said:

Dear lord why is it such a big deal to her that they had sex? Doesn't she try to portray herself as someone that is very sexual experienced? 

Personally I think it’s such a big deal to her because the rest of her relationships are fake and Buddy may be the only one she’s had any actual physical sexual contact with. If they actually did have sex they did so when he was stoned and unaware. To most people that’s something they would just put in their past and move on. But to Whitney it’s important to her because it’s one of the only times, if not the only time. Or at least the only time since she’s become morbidly obese. So she continues to ignore that he didn’t do it willingly (if he did it at all) but grabs onto ‘but we did it’. I think there are a couple of other lesser facts driving it too. First, that she really does want Buddy. No idea why but she does. So if they did it then she can convince herself he wants her too. And that it means she slept with Heather’s ex boyfriend. She always wants what Heather has or has had or would have in the future. So she can always look at Heather and say ‘well he wanted me too’. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 11

I think Whit is definitely in love with Buddy and has always hoped/thought they would end up together.

As I recall (perhaps not perfectly) in an early season she and Buddy went for a walk with a cat in a stroller and they sat on a bench near a lake and Twit brought up the subject about them getting married. I can't remember all the details but it was speculation what life would be like if they were. Also, there was some kind of contract written on a pizza box to the effect that if they hadn't settled down by a certain age they would get married to each other. So, she has been laying the groundwork for a long time.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

As I recall (perhaps not perfectly) in an early season she and Buddy went for a walk with a cat in a stroller and they sat on a bench near a lake and Twit brought up the subject about them getting married. I can't remember all the details but it was speculation what life would be like if they were. Also, there was some kind of contract written on a pizza box to the effect that if they hadn't settled down by a certain age they would get married to each other. So, she has been laying the groundwork for a long time.

I remember that episode.  Babs chiming in about how she thought Buddy was always in love with Whitney, and that her parents just love Buddy, I've always thought they would end up together.  My scenario goes like this:  She just walked down the isle at her wedding to Chase.  When it came time for the vows, Chase says he can't continue to go through with this fake relationship, and runs out of the church, leaving Whitney at the alter, crying hysterically.  Magically, Buddy appears, dressed in a white tux, and bends down and produces a wedding ring, and a proposal.  The people in attendance cheers (except Heather, who abruptly leaves the church without anyone noticing she's gone), and the ceremony continues with Whitney and Buddy finally married, together forever.  LOL  That's how I see this happening.  

Edited by texasbluebonnets
  • LOL 12
2 hours ago, texasbluebonnets said:

I think TLC is paying Chase more to up this FAKE "feud to another level.

Vomit-worthy viewing.

Any time  Twit is on.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

The editors were on freaking point this week.

Glenn: This [the weightlifting championship] is grander than I expected.

[camera cuts to two rows of sparsely-filled folding chairs]

I noticed that too and I laughedHARD

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Okay, how much is TLC paying the USAW/NC Weightlifting to make it seem like Whitney came in 2nd at the N.C. State Championships?  I saw the results.  There were FOUR people in her weightlifting class, and she was last by a long shot. The third place person had a weightlifting total that was more than twice Whitney’s.  And sure enough, the link that was in the social media thread to the results has gone dead. 

Edited by Yajmele
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, texasbluebonnets said:

We were talking about Roy being gay a few posts earlier.  This is the actual clip when Roy comes out on his radio show.  

Another reason why Twit is an asshole, she took to twitter with 'receipts' proving Roy did not have an GF and clearly must be into her.  He was trying to keep his life private because he had not yet come out. Did Whitney ever apologize to Roy? Nope.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Yajmele said:

social media thread to the results has gone dead.

I just posted something on Whitney's IG recent photo that I missed her dancing.  5 minutes after posting, my post was deleted.  It doesn't surprise me that she has pulled the results out of the Internet completely.  She doesn't want people to know how fake she really is.  Can you image what it must be like to be her?  What a sad person she must be on the inside of herself when cameras are gone, and her so-called friends want nothing to do with her.  She doesn't live up to the title of her show, because she really is far from being fabulous...sorry, I'm on my soap box about her today.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Another reason why Twit is an asshole, she took to twitter with 'receipts' proving Roy did not have an GF and clearly must be into her.  He was trying to keep his life private because he had not yet come out. Did Whitney ever apologize to Roy? Nope.

Not only did she never apologize to Roy, but she and her fans made Roy's life a living hell for the following 6 months after filming the radio show part.  Roy said that he was being called a 'player' from Whitney, when he thought he was just her 'friend' and lets not forget he was her BOSS at the radio show.  And also, let's not forget that during her entire internship at Kiss 95.1 she was in a serious relationship with Lennie.  Who's "playing" who?  She's such a bitch

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

Not only did she never apologize to Roy, but she and her fans made Roy's life a living hell for the following 6 months after filming the radio show part.  Roy said that he was being called a 'player' from Whitney, when he thought he was just her 'friend' and lets not forget he was her BOSS at the radio show.  And also, let's not forget that during her entire internship at Kiss 95.1 she was in a serious relationship with Lennie.  Who's "playing" who?  She's such a bitch

I wish I could like this 100 times.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, John M said:

Because  in Twitneyland, every man on the planet desires  her sexually,  including  Roy, Lennie, Avi, Buddy, Chase, Ryan, her brother,  and even you! Admit it, now, you KNOW you want her. And if you say you're  gay, you're  lying so you don't  have to  "admit" that you  want her. 😉

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

And if you say you're  gay, you're  lying so you don't  have to  "admit" that you  want her. 😉

My husband has some compelling evidence to the contrary and will admit to having sex with me.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Okay, I think I figured out how she came in 2nd and why it varied from the results posted on the USAW site previously. 

I found the competition schedule that was posted on the NC Weightlifting Facebook page.  She is listed there.  And there are 4 total women listed under 87+, as I mentioned before.  Whit and one other woman was categorized under the 87+ 35-39 Masters division.  One was listed under the Junior category and one under Open.  So, a legit 2nd place, but meaningless. 

Sorry to get all conspiracy theorist last post.  The way it was listed previously was just everyone under each weight class without any further categorization.

Edited by Yajmele
  • Useful 9
  • Love 3

Because  in Twitneyland, every man on the planet desires  her sexually, 

Edited to reflect the real world:

Because  in Twitneyland, she wishes that every man on the planet desires  her sexually. Furthermore, I think it is because she knows that she is repugnant to all.

Every time I see the photos of Ryan's girlfriend I find it more and more unlikely that he saw Twit on a dating app and decided that she was his type. 

• Love 11
18 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Honest question, a lift of 60lbs at a heavyweight lifting competition doesn't seem like a lot?  

It's not. For context I'm 15 years older than she is and I'm solidly in the lower half of my class for those lifts and I can regularly do those weights. I don't know why she doesn't work more on her form before going for max weight. I literally started learning with a length of PVC pipe and moved to an empty #15 bar. But I suppose that would not make for good tv. Or show her fabulousness. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Haley17 said:
18 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Honest question, a lift of 60lbs at a heavyweight lifting competition doesn't seem like a lot?  

It's not. For context I'm 15 years older than she is and I'm solidly in the lower half of my class for those lifts and I can regularly do those weights. I don't know why she doesn't work more on her form before going for max weight. I literally started learning with a length of PVC pipe and moved to an empty #15 bar. But I suppose that would not make for good tv. Or show her fabulousness. 

I've seen lifters under 10 years old that can do 60 lbs. 

To put it in perspective, a standard women's bar is 35 lbs.  So including what are probably 2.5 lb barbell collars, they're essentially putting a 10 lb plate on each side.

Edited by Yajmele
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Honest question, a lift of 60lbs at a heavyweight lifting competition doesn't seem like a lot? I guess I could ask Dr. Google but they way they were talking about this competition I expected more weight. 

I’m 63 and I do 45## tricep extensions over my head. Her 60 pounds isn’t much. Funny they didn’t say what the other girl lifted. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, John M said:

Buddy literally assaulted a police officer and was charged with a felony for it so I don't know what you mean by "not that bad".

I thought he just spilled his drink on him accidentally, it would still be considered a felony.  Maybe I'm misremembering it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Guys I'm gonna bench press my cat....does that count?? Based on Ryan lifting his dog I think the answer is yes!

Our cat would kill me if I tried to bench press her.

• LOL 2
10 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Personally I think it’s such a big deal to her because the rest of her relationships are fake and Buddy may be the only one she’s had any actual physical sexual contact with. If they actually did have sex they did so when he was stoned and unaware. To most people that’s something they would just put in their past and move on. But to Whitney it’s important to her because it’s one of the only times, if not the only time. Or at least the only time since she’s become morbidly obese. So she continues to ignore that he didn’t do it willingly (if he did it at all) but grabs onto ‘but we did it’. I think there are a couple of other lesser facts driving it too. First, that she really does want Buddy. No idea why but she does. So if they did it then she can convince herself he wants her too. And that it means she slept with Heather’s ex boyfriend. She always wants what Heather has or has had or would have in the future. So she can always look at Heather and say ‘well he wanted me too’. 

IMO it's because she thinks he wants her too.  The fact that he has made it clear that he doesn't does not compute with her.  I don't think she's "in love" with him as much as she thinks she could have him if she wanted.  ("In the bag" - to use her terminology.)

Also (sorry @Dot) but I have to wonder - if all of Roy's colleagues knew he was gay while she was working there - did she know too (which makes her a bigger asshole than I ever realized) or were they all given yet another reason to make fun of her behind her back?  Inquiring minds and all that 😄 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Ketzel said:

But we still don't know why the USA Weightlifting rules say you can't go to a state championship as your first competition, but Whitney appears to be doing exactly that?

Do they say that?  I know that to qualify for the American Open, an athlete has to meet a minimum qualifying total at a USAW sanctioned meet.  I’m admittedly not up on the rules for participating in the state level competitions.

Edited by Yajmele
14 hours ago, AUJulia said:

I’m 63 and I do 45## tricep extensions over my head. Her 60 pounds isn’t much. Funny they didn’t say what the other girl lifted. 

I linked the schedule/list of participants earlier up thread. Participants are required to list their weights for their opening lifts. If I’ve read this right, Whitney’s declared total upon signup was 70kg and her competitor’s was 125kg.  Pretty sure you can change your declared opening lift weights the day of the competition. And we know what her best lifts were before the results page went bye-bye. 

Whitney Thore

Greensboro, NC66

Weight Class: 87+ Kg   

Total: 66   
Competition Weight: 152.2  

Snatch 1:    Snatch 2:    Snatch 3: 25   Best Snatch:    

CleanJerk 1:    CleanJerk 2:    CleanJerk 3:    Best CleanJerk: 41   

For some reason, the website at the time only seemed to list the best lifts for each competitor instead of each lift and whether it was a good lift or no lift.  All lifts are done in kilograms.

Given her competitor’s declared total of 125kg, I think we can reasonably assume that the competitor easily walked away with first place. The only way she wouldn’t was if she had failed all three attempts of one lift, preventing her from putting up a total. 

• Useful 2