Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Amends Between Friends

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

There's a live chat? Now you tell me! Here or elsewhere?

Sorry I got confused, I live chat a lot for 600lb life and all the 90 day fiancée shows...Whit gets mentioned a lot in the 600lb live chat as her commercials always air during the show. If you watch any of these shows come join us, it is oodles of fun!

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Whit gets mentioned a lot in the 600lb live chat as her commercials always air during the show. If you watch any of these shows come join us, it is oodles of fun!

Yes, we get into little side discussions.  People will ask if the romance is for real, and we'll answer them.  Also they'll mention that Whit looks snarkable, and we assure them she is,  just check out the forum.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
Just now, Gramto6 said:

Boy are they really going hot and heavy showing her eating!! Gobs of food!

But she's an athlete & soon to be personal trainer!😉

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, aliya said:

Is this the live thread for tonight?

There's just this thread, which has minimal chat.  I think it's because Whitney has become so damned obnoxious and this show's storylines just so contrived as to be laughable,  it's just hard to watch anymore.   And then there's Buddy.......

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Does Whitney have any explanation as to why she’s been working out this whole season, but has had no discernible weight loss? I don’t care if she’s not doing cardio (though she should be); she is sweating like a pig and supposedly building muscle, which should cause her to burn fat while she’s resting, soooo...what the hell?

Call me crazy, but I don’t think the French are going to be into her plan. Why is she against people who promote weight loss? Is she still on that bullshit that she’s healthy?!?

The whole fight about going to France was SO FAKE.

Is the vocal fry actually getting worse?

I like how Whitney characterized Buddy’s amends as “this big deal” when Buddy couldn’t have been more nonchalant about it.  

Why does this woman never wear any clothes?  That lunchbox against her naked flab was too much to take.  She takes the time to put on makeup, and a wig, but no clothes?!?  

Has she ever, over the course of this show, not “had a lot going on”? She is a single, childless woman who doesn’t work a job—this is almost, by definition, not a person with a lot going on. 

How I feel about the notion that Chase is jealous of Buddy and that Chase wishes he can spend more time with Whitney:

98EF0FE2-89CA-4599-8BCE-2E8A2AD8C0B2.jpeg.098a4915cb5fe8631ce1c885d9f5e010.jpeg

• LOL 11
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Does Whitney have any explanation as to why she’s been working out this whole season, but has had no discernible weight loss? I don’t care if she’s not doing cardio (though she should be); she is sweating like a pig and supposedly building muscle, which should cause her to burn fat while she’s resting, soooo...what the hell?

Call me crazy, but I don’t think the French are going to be into her plan. Why is she against people who promote weight loss? Is she still on that bullshit that she’s healthy?!?

The whole fight about going to France was SO FAKE.

Is the vocal fry actually getting worse?

I like how Whitney characterized Buddy’s amends as “this big deal” when Buddy couldn’t have been more nonchalant about it.  

Why does this woman never wear any clothes?  That lunchbox against her naked flab was too much to take.  She takes the time to put on makeup, and a wig, but no clothes?!?  

Has she ever, over the course of this show, not “had a lot going on”? She is a single, childless woman who doesn’t work a job—this is almost, by definition, not a person with a lot going on. 

How I feel about the notion that Chase is jealous of Buddy and that Chase wishes he can spend more time with Whitney:

98EF0FE2-89CA-4599-8BCE-2E8A2AD8C0B2.jpeg.098a4915cb5fe8631ce1c885d9f5e010.jpeg

Is Chase an actor they hired? 

• Love 3

As much as I never liked Buddy, Im starting to think I like Whit with him.  Im not liking Chase, or Ryan, at all.  Buddy just needs to get a full time day job....not stand up or bartending.  I think he and Whit belong together.

• Love 8

Just started to try to get through a much of this episode as possible but this was the episode thumbnail and while I am sure it is just a Hulu algorithm that chose it I want to believe that TLC did.

r3YAvTO.jpg

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Well, I got 7 minutes in, that is enough of this garbage.

But just to clarify, they met the parents within a couple of weeks ago, they just said I love you to each other, Whitney is concerned about how their relationship is going to progress because they barely spend any time together and...

They are about to jet off to Paris to get engaged...

Yeah, either way Whit is a giant idiot, either she has fooled herself into this absolute bullshit or she thinks she is bright enough to fool other people into thinking she is not an idiot.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, auntjess said:

So the French social media "influencers" want to hook up with Whit and Ryan?  Why would Chase get a free ticket?
Does French TV have trashy/tacky shows too?  

The French are really into obese influencers - didn't you know?  I was there last summer and it's the height of fashion there to get super fat and walk around all day in leggings and a sports bra.  I was embarrassed because I had brought cute dresses to wear 😄 

• LOL 19
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, princelina said:

Also honorable mention LOL to when she told Buddy, "Look at the size of this book I have to study!" and it's a 1-inch binder

Well that answers one question  for me... it's NOT  NASM certification,  which is  a 4" thick hardback book, flash cards, and 4 DVDs.....

• Love 5

Sometimes I get the idea that Ryan really hates Whitney and just finagled his way onto the show to make her look more ridiculous than she already does.  When he looks at her I see twinges of contempt in his eyes.  I seriously think he and Chase just wanted to be on TV.  I'm basing my feelings about Chase on the most unromantic first "I love you" I've ever heard on TV.  He may as well have been saying it to Whitney's cat.  The fact that he's going to feign proposing to her blows my mind.  

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, swankie said:

Sometimes I get the idea that Ryan really hates Whitney and just finagled his way onto the show to make her look more ridiculous than she already does.  When he looks at her I see twinges of contempt in his eyes.  I seriously think he and Chase just wanted to be on TV.  I'm basing my feelings about Chase on the most unromantic first "I love you" I've ever heard on TV.  He may as well have been saying it to Whitney's cat.  The fact that he's going to feign proposing to her blows my mind.  

IMO he started the business with her thinking it would be a way for them both to make money, and he was probably happy to be on the show for the same reason.  But I agree that he seems to really dislike her at this point and I am not surprised, nor do I blame him.  And at this point in filming he doesn't even know that she is heavily implying that he barely does his share of the work in their business!

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Right and I am eating it up, no pun intended. She claims she is lifting what 2-3 days a week and doing 5/24 minute workouts a week, eating healthy on top of that she could be losing about 2lbs per week,  but that frying pan looked like 6 eggs ( which Ryan didn't eat) the bread, shrimp alfredo which she gleefully said had 3 pounds of butter to her ham/cheese omelet  with chase to her backhoe sized fork full shoving it into her piehole, no wonder she isn't losing. I do think production doesn't like her much, we don't like her much so its a win win. It seems she is getting too comfortable and will probably  be back up to 380 soon. Her hair in a can is obvious. She cried more over Buddy for not acknowledging them crossing the "flesh hold" than she did when her mom wound up in the hospital. 

• Love 18

How many times did we have to witness Whit and Buddy say "I love you" to each other?

I was laughing when she was crying because Buddy denied he ever fucked her. That really hurt her to the core. Get over it, Whitney! He was embarrassed to admit it!  Bud does not  love Whit, he never did, never will. He does enjoy the extra check he receives from appearing on the show and he also has enjoyed all the free rent and taking advantage of Whit.  That's it. There is no way Chase is jealous of that fat lump of mumbling Uber driving lard. He's just shaking his head wondering why Whitney loves Buddy. 

• Love 14
(edited)

I have friends that live in Paris, from what I hear there is no way they would embrace her brand.  So Whit is concerned about having to take care of Babs but asks Babs to rub her feet? Who does that? Lol at Whit and her busy schedule, she had trouble listing all the things she does in a day. Lol at Buddy denying crossing the flesh hold and Whitney crying hard over it. He was probably so drunk he doesn't even remember and is now highly embarrassed.

I also laughed hard at the 600lb life bubble appearing in the corner while Whit is eating.

Guys programming a 20 min workout is soooo hard, not snarking  on real trainers but throwing together a quick 20 min workout using Dr. Google is fine for her fan base.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, xls said:
14 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

But she's an athlete & soon to be personal trainer!😉

I appreciate both of these things.  For so long society has made it a sin for obese people to be seen eating food. Whitney eats food publicly. Good for her!  I don’t think she eats any more than most people I see at my local Olive Garden. 

As far as being an athlete and personal trainer? Why not?  Champion male weight lifters look more like Whitney than not.  The average American woman is overweight.  What I hear from women regarding going to the gym is that they feel intimidated by what they look like vs. what trainers look like. Good for her for doing what she is doing in social media.   
Again, Whitney looks a lot like many women walking around the local mall. 

• Love 1

We got to see Twit fill her gob not once, but three times.  The camera person made extra sure to zoom right to the food, and right up to the huge forkful going in her mouth. I swear she ate the entire bread basket plus that gross greasy pasta.  🤢   When she was cooking eggs, I thought she was making it for herself and Ryan. Nope. Just herself. 

The fact that Chase is acting threatened by Buddy's faux adoration of Twit is hilarious.  That storyline is so far fetched.

The Paris trip is paid by TLC and not Ryan and Twit's fake business.  BUT she's so MAD at her Bro. Paris...ugh. How dare he!

Ashley just happens to have extra air miles so her and Todd can go too. Right...

I hope Babs washed her hands with bleach after rubbing Twit's disgusting feet. Twit, as usual, splays herself on the couch and expects her elderly mother to cater to her. Meanwhile, she is acting fake concerned about their health. 

Does she have nothing to wear but cropped tops and yoga pants?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

How many times did we have to witness Whit and Buddy say "I love you" to each other?

I was laughing when she was crying because Buddy denied he ever fucked her. That really hurt her to the core. Get over it, Whitney! He was embarrassed to admit it!  Bud does not  love Whit, he never did, never will. He does enjoy the extra check he receives from appearing on the show and he also has enjoyed all the free rent and taking advantage of Whit.  That's it. There is no way Chase is jealous of that fat lump of mumbling Uber driving lard. He's just shaking his head wondering why Whitney loves Buddy. 

Just when you think you’ve plumbed the depths of how vile Whitney is, she takes advantage of her friend’s obviously challenging commitment to recovery to force him to admit that had sex with her. 

• Love 16
(edited)
On 3/3/2020 at 8:46 PM, Gramto6 said:

No kidding!  Twit obviously doesn't follow any type of diet, including simply eating healthy.  They showed her eating a pile of fried potatoes in one scene,  IDK what all she was shoveling in her mouth when she and Chase had dinner at her parent's house, she was in glutton/pig  heaven when she licked her fingers and lips after eating a delicious, IMO, looking dessert kabob at Tal's?, and just snacking at home.  I just don't understand her thinking, SMH. 

She thinks it is just fine for her to be morbidly obese, to eat an unhealthy diet is just fine, too, and now she's going to get a personal training certificate and promote that whole mindset to others?! 

IDK what all is involved in getting certified in personal training, but the health and beliefs and lifestyle of the trainer should play a part, too.   It's scary as hell that Twit would be working with impressionable, morbidly obese, unfit clients, who might have eating disorders, and telling them that they don't need to lose weight of eat healthy, etc. SMH, IMO, anyone who would hire her to train them and get them on the road to fitness and health and saw her, needs to have their head examined.

But, yeah, she's not hiding her eating from the cameras and production isn't covering for her either.  She just has no shame about anything - including the things she should be, at least, a bit self conscious about.  She can do no wrong - in her own eyes.

On 3/3/2020 at 8:46 PM, Gramto6 said:

Edited by rayndon
  • Love 15
15 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Would you hire a disorganized person with dirty hands and clothes to clean your house,  because you are intimidated by people who are more clean and organized than you are? Would you hire a stupid person to tutor your kids, because they are intimidated by the smart kids in their class? The antidote to being intimidated by people who are better than you are at something is not to take lessons from people who are equally poor at whatever it is.

Whitney Thore is not qualified to be a personal trainer because her blanket of fat makes it impossible to see what her muscles and tendons and joints are doing when she "works out."  She's not qualified because her fat makes it impossible for her to do many exercises with proper form. She's not qualified because personal trainers encourage their clients to eat balanced, healthy diets, and a super morbidly obese woman who refuses to alter her diet for any reason is not a role model for those purposes.

very well written

• Love 7

Whitney has worn that same ugly orange dress during her couch talks every episode in this season.  Makes me really believe that her entire fabulous life is fake.  It's the most clothes I've seen her wear in 7 years.  Plus, it's orange and ugly, but it covers her boobs, so like, baby steps, Whitney, baby steps...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

Whitney has worn that same ugly orange dress during her couch talks every episode in this season.  Makes me really believe that her entire fabulous life is fake.  It's the most clothes I've seen her wear in 7 years.  Plus, it's orange and ugly, but it covers her boobs, so like, baby steps, Whitney, baby steps...

I assume the TH’s are all filmed at the same time at the end of taping. 

• Love 6

Do any of you older folks (like me) remember the old SCTV series?  Old as in 70's/80's maybe.  It was hilarious, it's how Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy, John Candy, Harold Ramis, Martin Short etc got their start.  Anyway, John Candy played a recurring character named Johnny LaRue, an obese chain smoking alcoholic with an exercise show.  As in opening and closing a fridge being an exercise.  This immediately came to mind in regards to Twit being a physical therapist.  She might as well just become a dietician too LOL. Just as believable.   Is TLC having a casting call for actors to play her clients?  

I've been to Paris and believe me, Twit would get more stares than Godzilla smashing down the Eiffel Tower.    Yup meetings in Paris are a must for such important influencers as Twit and the bro's bro, high class Ryan.  

As someone pointed out, yeah it's so convenient that this very romantic romance neatly fit right into the filming season.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

respectfully disagree. Sorry. Yes - the average American is overweight. But they are not super morbidly obese. Whitney is super morbidly obese and approaching 400lbs. Her weight will kill her if she doesn’t get it in check soon. Even if I didn’t think that Whitney was an insufferable egoist - I would still get on this board and lament her willful obliviousness about her weight and its long term health implications. This isn’t concern trolling...it’s the hard truth. And the closer she gets to middle age - the more dire the circumstances will become. JMO.

Morbid obesity is a National Health Crisis.   According to the CDC 24 MILLION Americans are morbidly obese.  78 MILLION Americans are obese.  
I appreciate the fact that Whitney is active.  She appears to be fat and fit.  I don’t find her offensive.  That’s just me, someone who was obese, had weight loss surgery, lost a hundred pounds and kept it off. Something less than 5% of those who have had weight 
Loss Surgery are able to do.  I realize how privileged I am to have been able to get the kind of medical intervention I needed. I went to treatment for my binge eating disorder and continued with therapy.  I find that most people are brutal when it comes to obese women.  I had to move post weight loss, so most in my community never knew me 100 pounds overweight.  Friends and neighbors judge me by my looks as much as they use to.  It’s just that now they assume I’m wealthier, smarter, younger, married to someone of means. All because I rock a size 2 pair of great jeans, an up to date hair cut and an expensive (to some) purse.   

• Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

I appreciate the fact that Whitney is active.  She appears to be fat and fit.  

Having watched this series closely (I’m not proud of that), and having come to the series with hopes that Whitney would Represent someone who is fat and fit, I believe there’s been plenty of evidence that Whitney’s mobility is significantly impaired.

I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that we haven’t seen her talk about her various health markers (cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure) since season 1 or so. (Hint, I don’t think it’s because those numbers are all normal).

I may be the exception on this board because I believe there is merit to the “healthy at any size” movement. But, as I always point out, even the HAES advocates acknowledge their empirical claims regarding weight and health DO NOT apply to people of Whitney’s proportions. 

Edited by Alapaki
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

I may be the exception on this board because I believe there is merit to the “healthy at any size” movement. But, as I always point out, even the HAAS advocates acknowledge their empirical claims regarding weight and health DO NOT apply to people of Whitney’s proportions. 

I agree with you. I also appreciate Whitney being active on television. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Alapaki said:

I assume the TH’s are all filmed at the same time at the end of taping. 

You'd think they'd at least have her change between scenes to make it look less obvious. That's like video production 101. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, rayndon said:

She thinks it is just fine for her to be morbidly obese, to eat an unhealthy diet is just fine, too, and now she's going to get a personal training certificate and promote that whole mindset to others?! 

I think that's it exactly. If you can be HAES, then why worry about what you eat? Eat anything you want and all that you want - even if you are studying (ha ha) to be a trainer. That's why she walks around in a sports bra, etc. If we don't like it, it's our problem, instead of an example of her lack of propriety.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

It’s not something they confirmed on the TLC website or anything, but it’s just a feeling I get. He really doesn’t seem into her.

I noticed when she went to meet Chase at that cafe, that when she went in for a kiss, he gave her his cheek.  Not what you do to someone when you are in the throes of that pre-engagement love stage!

20 hours ago, princelina said:

Second LOL: so then Ryan "calls in sick" so we can see Whit working hard (rather than hardly working):  "Hi everyone, it's arms day today.  Let's start with squats!"

I am smacking my hand as a punishment that I didn't catch that myself!

8 hours ago, rl27rl said:

Ugh!  Her and her damn leggings and sports bra!  In public!  Yuck!

But it's worse than that, because the bra she was wearing when Ryan came over and she was cooking, looked like a regular bra, given how it fastened in the back and how the straps were.  So I'm guessing that's the same type of bra she wears in public.  For some reason, that makes it much worse.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Do any of you older folks (like me) remember the old SCTV series?  Old as in 70's/80's maybe.  It was hilarious, it's how Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy, John Candy, Harold Ramis, Martin Short etc got their start.  Anyway, John Candy played a recurring character named Johnny LaRue, an obese chain smoking alcoholic with an exercise show.  As in opening and closing a fridge being an exercise.  This immediately came to mind in regards to Twit being a physical therapist.  She might as well just become a dietician too LOL. Just as believable.   Is TLC having a casting call for actors to play her clients?  

I've been to Paris and believe me, Twit would get more stares than Godzilla smashing down the Eiffel Tower.    Yup meetings in Paris are a must for such important influencers as Twit and the bro's bro, high class Ryan.  

As someone pointed out, yeah it's so convenient that this very romantic romance neatly fit right into the filming season.  

OMG I remember Johnny LaRue. As an aside I met John Candy many times, I was a teenager working retail and he was always sweet and kind. Zero ego. I was very sorry when he passed away.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Having watched this series closely (I’m not proud of that), and having come to the series with hopes that Whitney would Represent someone who is fat and fit, I believe there’s been plenty of evidence that Whitney’s mobility is significantly impaired.

I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that we haven’t seen her talk about her various health markers (cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure) since season 1 or so. (Hint, I don’t think it’s because those numbers are all normal).

I may be the exception on this board because I believe there is merit to the “healthy at any size” movement. But, as I always point out, even the HAES advocates acknowledge their empirical claims regarding weight and health DO NOT apply to people of Whitney’s proportions. 

I agree to a degree there is merit. I have a close friend who is about 40 pounds overweight. Girl runs marathons all the time and goes for a daily 5k run everyday before work. It makes me sad when people comment on her weight, all while smoking a pack a day. As my friend says "I like cake." She is happy and healthy. That said, she isn't 350lbs. I just think Whit is a tiresome egomaniac who is rude and entitled. Even if she was a size 2 I would dislike her.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 14
(edited)
23 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

It’s not something they confirmed on the TLC website or anything, but it’s just a feeling I get. He really doesn’t seem into her.

I'm seeing Chase on her Insgtagram and she is sporting an engagement ring. 

Edited by Monie