Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: The Weddings

• Start Topic

Glad weird Damian said no, Gigi deserves better. The fact that his parents never shown up reveals that he's never serious about this. 

Barnett just signed up for a huge debt - tbh I hated  him from the start but now I kinda felt bad for him. I would be crying in the shower too if I was him. Congrats for Amber to successfully found the solution to her debt, and the way to live without working. 

Kelly said no, it's surprising but at the same time not surprising? Poor Kenny.

Oh Mark, Mark, Mark... It's still a mystery why he was so into Jessica's BS. But he will feel so much relieve when he saw the whole show on TV, how pathetic old Jessica is.

Overall super duper happy for Cameron & Lauren. At least one happy ending?

Edited by bonbonba
  • Sad 1
  • Love 18

Damian and Giannina - they were so toxic. He was right to say no, and hopefully she comes to realize that. Maybe they'll get together someday? But I think they need to get to know each other AWAY from the cameras first. 

Amber and Barnett ❤️ - I can't believe it, but these two grew on me so much and ended up being my favorites. I really think they're perfect for each other in all the ways that matter. I'll be super interested to hear what they have to say in the reunion. I feel like Barnett's feet probably weren't that cold. 

Kelly and Kenny - the best thing about them continued to be their families. I think they were both going to say no, because with the other couples they put the "sure" one first.

Mark and Jessica - I'm feeling so proud of Jessica right now. You have nothing to apologize for, girl.

Lauren and Cameron ❤️ - I've loved these two from the beginning, and I'm so glad they got their happy "ending". Just so much joy and happiness radiating out of my screen. Lauren was so beautiful, and Papa Speed melted my heart with his tears. 

• Love 8

I mean Jessica is truly the worse and her desire to pull Mark along a string pushing him away every time they get close because of age is laughable. She is so intensely immature it's like she was made for a show like this, whilst Mark acts 34 she acts 17, she has a problem with alcohol and Mark got away with one

I am extremely skeptical of this "experiment" because how can one have a happy relationship without physical attraction, that is simply a friendship. I will say however that Cameron and Lauren have been a breath of fresh air in the all the chaos, Lauren's genuineness and bubbly energy complements his grounded energy so well and there may be a chance the last

As for Barnett and Amber, I give it a month before her childish playfulness turns to all out immaturity and they eventually end it

Gianina, chill.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, bonbonba said:

Glad weird Damian said no, Gigi deserves better.

LOL!  Damian deserves better.

6 hours ago, Jane Tuesday said:

Amber and Barnett ❤️ - I can't believe it, but these two grew on me so much and ended up being my favorites. I really think they're perfect for each other in all the ways that matter. I'll be super interested to hear what they have to say in the reunion.

When/where is this reunion???  

Mark and Jessica - I'm feeling so proud of Jessica right now. You have nothing to apologize for, girl.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more!  She should have ended this so long ago.  Did the show force her into the wedding?  That part I am not sure about.  I hope she at least made her feelings clear to him off camera.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

LOL!  Damian deserves better.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more!  She should have ended this so long ago.  Did the show force her into the wedding?  That part I am not sure about.  I hope she at least made her feelings clear to him off camera.

Stevie Wonder could see that Jessica wasn't into Mark.  If he somehow missed that, I'm not sure she's to blame.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Moncheechee said:

Stevie Wonder could see that Jessica wasn't into Mark.  If he somehow missed that, I'm not sure she's to blame.

ok, then what was all the lying for?  Lying to someone who's gullible doesn't make you a better person than lying to someone who isn't.

• Love 23

Barnett just signed up for a huge debt - tbh I hated  him from the start but now I kinda felt bad for him. I would be crying in the shower too if I was him. Congrats for Amber to successfully found the solution to her debt, and the way to live without working. 

She even said something in her post wedding talking head about not believing where she was six weeks ago to where she is now.  It was supposed to mean madly in love and married, but I took it mean: homeless and broke.  Not saying they don't love each other but she's in it for what he can give her and not for how she can help him.  

And Jessica...OMG.  When her friends asked if she was excited and she like, "yeah, I'm excited." in the most NOT excited voice I've ever heard anyone use.  

Bring on the reunion...wherever or whenever it will be!  

Do you think there can be a season 2?

• Love 16

Damian and Giannina - they were so toxic. He was right to say no, and hopefully she comes to realize that. Maybe they'll get together someday? But I think they need to get to know each other AWAY from the cameras first. 

Amber and Barnett ❤️ - I can't believe it, but these two grew on me so much and ended up being my favorites. I really think they're perfect for each other in all the ways that matter. I'll be super interested to hear what they have to say in the reunion. I feel like Barnett's feet probably weren't that cold. 

Kelly and Kenny - the best thing about them continued to be their families. I think they were both going to say no, because with the other couples they put the "sure" one first.

Lauren and Cameron ❤️ - I've loved these two from the beginning, and I'm so glad they got their happy "ending". Just so much joy and happiness radiating out of my screen. Lauren was so beautiful, and Papa Speed melted my heart with his tears. 

Jessica has plenty to apologize for. It's not about one person being at fault. Mark should have been able to read between the lines but Jessica fed him a bunch of bull and she fed the cameras in her talking heads the same BS. She should be apologizing for that.

Also, in no way was Kenny going to say no. He was never anything but all in. Kelly had reservations the whole time. She was probably never going to say yes.

8 minutes ago, Kerrey92 said:

She even said something in her post wedding talking head about not believing where she was six weeks ago to where she is now.  It was supposed to mean madly in love and married, but I took it mean: homeless and broke.  Not saying they don't love each other but she's in it for what he can give her and not for how she can help him.  

And Jessica...OMG.  When her friends asked if she was excited and she like, "yeah, I'm excited." in the most NOT excited voice I've ever heard anyone use.  

Bring on the reunion...wherever or whenever it will be!  

Do you think there can be a season 2?

For sure there will be a season 2. It's low cost and generated some buzz.

Oh fuck that woman who was feeling bad for Jessica and how embarrassing this must be for her...while she's the one rejecting someone at the alter. Fuck outta here.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Jessica claims to care for Mark. If she ever really cared for him, she would not have led him to believe that she was in love with him. It has nothing to do with not apologizing to herself. It has to do with human decency. For whatever reason, Mark 'loved' her. He thought she had reservations about the age but eventually came around.  We all know that that wasn't the case. Just be real with him and say look, I think I made a mistake, we are too different, or the emotional connection isn't as strong as I thought. I connected with someone so deep, yet I am not going to apologize for not truthful behavior? 

We think about what we owe ourselves, but what do we owe each other? 

• Love 19
23 hours ago, ProudMary said:

5‘Love Is Blind’: Netflix Announces Reunion Special, Which Will Post on YouTube

From the article:  

Although details on the special are slim, it appears that the Atlanta-based cast of 20 participants will be a part of the reunion special, along with hosts Nick and Vanessa Lachey. The reunion was taped last week, and is expected to clock in at about an hour.

Per Netflix, the special will answer burning questions such as which couples are still together; whether any castmembers have any regrets; what it was like to watch the show unfold in real life; and why certain unexpected twists and revelations happened.

I got my quote boxes backwards, but here's some info regarding a reunion special, from the media thread.

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

It seems to me that Matt is in love with the way Amber makes him feel about himself more than he with her as a person. And the sex, I assume.

Interesting that couples choosing for themselves don't have any higher success rate then when MAFS experts choose for them.

The participants signed their contracts and viewers were bombarded with the countdown of "weddings in X days" throughout the series, but it was pretty tacky of Kinetic Content to frame it this way.  Obviously there's not much of a show if people leave the "facility" and then either keep dating or gradually lose interest/break up IRL, but forcing decisions at a pretend wedding is cruel. I felt really bad for the parents. Ideally the "no" people clued in their betrothed beforehand but who knows.

The whole series was weirdly off, what with the long wait from filming to release, cutting out some participants entirely, not showing much of the pods, etc.

Gigi's mud stained wedding dress made it pretty clear that events didn't happen in the order they were shown.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I knew it! Just had to get that out. I have some kind of bullshit detector because I said in an earlier episode thread that Cameron and Lauren and Barnett and Amber were the only two couples I bought as being in love. 

Barnett and Amber are young and dumb and all of it, but they were also crazy in love. They may get divorced in two years though, depending on how they mature over time. We shall see. Maybe they’ll mature together and last. 

Cameron and Lauren will stay married and have babies together and live happily in love forever. They’re mature enough to make this decision with careful thought, so I think they’re great together. 

• Love 16

Kenny is the ENTIRE PACKAGE. PERIOD. He’s gorgeous, respectful, tall, has quiet confidence and he will be successful in life. Kelly is an idiot and he was out of her league looks wise imo. God what I wouldn’t give to have a Kenny. You DO NOT throw those men back. But no accounting for taste obviously. 

I forgot to add that even though I love Cameron, it’s obvious he’s been hurt by a previous relationship. I’m not saying he doesn’t love Lauren, but I think he’s trying to replace her. He’s just too vulnerable and he fell too fast, way too hard, too soon. And maybe they’ll work who knows? But I’m getting the vibe that he’s trying to replace her with the one that got away.

Edited by Cammi
Forgot
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, 2727 said:

It seems to me that Matt is in love with the way Amber makes him feel about himself more than he with her as a person. And the sex, I assume.

I was going to say I feel like Amber was more in love with the idea of Matt than she is with Matt specifically.  She wanted her “fairy tale” with a guy who was decent looking, financially stable, and could provide her with a life where she isn’t having to struggle.  I’m sure she likes him but I also think she would have said yes to any guy who checked off all those boxes.

I can’t really feel bad for Mark.  Jessica wasn’t hiding the fact that she was hesitant about all of it and he chose to take the risk anyway. It doesn’t make it his fault that she backed out but he also knew there was a chance this could happen.

Kenny and Kelly weren’t a surprise. Neither were Lauren and Cameron.

Damian was kind of gross and patronizing talking to Giannina after everyone left the room. You already turned her down in front of her friends and family, you don’t need her to sit down so you can further tell her why she sucks and it’s all her fault.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, ehr1006 said:

Am I seriously the only one who gets major Jason Dohring vibes from Cameron? (which helps to explain my otherwise inexplicable attraction to him) 

I had to google him and they really do look alike 

Kelly should stop with the I love yous’   I hope that women come out of the woodwork now for Kenny.  And Mark. 

• Love 7

2 hours ago, rachel1496 said:

Damian was kind of gross and patronizing talking to Giannina after everyone left the room. You already turned her down in front of her friends and family, you don’t need her to sit down so you can further tell her why she sucks and it’s all her fault.

Damian really began to creep me out in the last few episodes.  Not in the straight-up-intense way that Cameron is, but in a wound-too-tight-but-just-barely-keeping-a-lid-on-it way.  Even from the start, when talking to Gigi, he was very confrontational and made a lot of fault statements towards her (in psych jargon, lots of "you" statements as opposed to "I" statements).  I was particularly disgusted at one point when she apologized for what she was doing, and he said something like, "I'm sorry too...for not standing up more for myself."  And I thought his little speech at the wedding was an abomination and just about the most selfish thing he could possibly do. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

They let Carlton and Diamond break up and leave while in Mexico. They should have done the same for Mark and Jessica.

I think the spoiler instagram said Diamond & Carlton were one of the first to be sent to Mexico and they had to send their "backup" boring couples. I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't put enormous pressure on Jessica to hang in there. She's also such a mess and easily manipulated so I'm sure the entire production team put in every effort to keep her on the show.

I really don't believe that Mark was so blindly oblivious and Kenny is the Right Reasons Bachelor we've always wanted. They were given a great edit for the story bc the women gave better footage.

Cameron legitimately creeps me out. That level of intensity *all the time* is just way too much.

Edited by rozen
  • Love 5

So much phony! Ugh.

no matter the contract, I feel zero sympathy for Jessica. She didn’t have to play anything up for the cameras. And Kelly? I have a feeling that she has real esteem issues. Not necessarily about the way she looks because she’s a cute girl. More so, what she feels she has to offer. She could be the type of woman who chooses projects instead of partners. I’m used to be one of those women. Kenny is someone who seems to know who he is, what he wants and where he is going in life. He’s not looking for someone to fill a void. Kelly’s mom and sister were fantastic. I wonder where the disconnect came with her. Not that she’s a bad person, if you don’t feel it, you just don’t feel it. But I wonder if she’s just not used to something good in a relationship.

• Love 5

My thoughts on this episode:

Gigi and Damien- It felt like such a Maury moment with manufactured drama. Let’s keep in mind that Gigi is an “influencer” and Damien has had experience as an actor and model. They were obviously in on it with the producers. Otherwise, he could have just said I don’t think we’re ready for marriage yet, but I’d like to continue to date and build toward the future together. His blaming Gigi’s immaturity seemed very producer driven. Gigi running away seemed like such a soap opera/ trash TV thing to do.  

Amber and Barnett- I wish them well. Not sure if they are built for the long term, but crazier things have happened. 

Kelly and Kenny- I think this couple would have fizzled a lot sooner if the producers hadn’t had to ship these two to Mexico at the last minute (according to spoilers). I think Kelly was there to promote her fitness business and that’s it. I bet the producers made her go through with it up to the point of saying no. Props to Kenny for trying to remain classy when the producers were prodding him after Kelly left. 

Jessica and Mark - If the rumors are true and the producers made her continue despite her trying to back out in Mexico then it makes me wonder if Mark was in on it too. Surely he’s not that big of a sucker. I just feel bad for all the family members that got roped into attending all these fake ass ceremonies. ETA: Spoiler sites are saying Mark and Jessica both agreed to say no, but at the last minute he flipped the script and said yes. 

Lauren and Cameron- I think they have the best chance for the future. I think they balance each other. I thought Lauren looked pretty, but it seemed like the top of her dress was not properly fitted. She kept tugging at it. I wouldn’t want to walk down the aisle worried that I was about to pop out of my dress. Their ceremony was very sweet. 

My general thoughts about the production of the show:

I hope they get a bigger budget next season so that they don’t have to send engaged couples like Rory and his fiancé as well as the other engaged couple home. It came across as really cheap. Maybe don’t bother springing for the underwater pool footage next time. 

More time should have been spent on the singles and pods. At least introduce us to everyone. No more random faces we have to track down on social media. 

Stop making the girls dress up for the pod dates. 

I think a lot of couples began rushing into getting engaged when they were made aware that they had a 10 day window to get engaged and that they would be sent home if not engaged at that point. 

Edited by Angeleyes
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Why was Damian so believable, lips quivering and all. I still maintain Gianina is an actress and bad one at that.  The mud stained dress and sketchy editing annoyed. It was dirty then clean/hidden. 

Kelly, you are not all that.  Kenny- you are adorable & your lady will be out there, waiting. 

Jessica is so weird.  Mark is sweet.  Young but sweet.  He deserves a nice lady. His mom holding him & speaking sweetly to him was adorable. 

Cameron seems to have a fetish for women of color.  They're cute but he has a little of a creep factor. Lauren is beautiful. He seems like he's looking for some kind of hip hop street cred . He seems to almost exclusively dated outside his race which is fine if that is his taste but i hope he is sincere. Lauren seems happy enough with him. 

Bennet and Amber- SMDH. Ok. Whatever.  Idk. Loose cannon & the player who fell for her. 

• Love 5

I thought the editing of Giannina after she ran off was suspicious too, but in HD you can still faintly see the dirt stain on her skirt.  She and her mom must have made it a priority to try to remove it before she went to talk to Damian afterward.

Jessica seemed to REALLY ENJOY getting all dolled up in her wedding gown and smiling like crazy all the way down the aisle for someone who knew she was just showing up to say no. 

One thing about Kelly that always bugged me is that when anyone compliments her, she nods and says “I know”, without ever saying thank you. 

I guess they were given a choice between two venues, and everyone chose the more Southern option except for Jessica.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Irritable said:

What did Amber mean when she said she’s married instead of going to jail?

That she would have killed him if he said "no."

3 hours ago, Toodleoo said:

What a big pile of fakeity fake fake-o-rama. Gigi’s dress stain showed us all we need to know about what an utter pile of poop this all was. Also she is a terrible actress.

She's of the "more is more" variety.

2 hours ago, rozen said:

Cameron legitimately creeps me out. That level of intensity *all the time* is just way too much.

The way he's always so close to her and always rubbing his hand on her creeps me out

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 6

Was Damian tearing up the whole time because he knew he'd be rejecting Giannina? Also, I feel like this is the first time they really showed that his parents were clearly not at the ceremony. I laughed out loud when G's mom threw the bouquet on the floor. I told you Giannina picked a cheap dress for a reason. Damian calling her out in front of all her friends and family was NOT COOL. I don't feel anything though because I kind of suspect that these two are both shady. There's something about the way they both talk. It sounds... pre-rehearsed.

Did anyone else feel like Giannina was running away from the wedding... and the camera guy following her was just walking? 

Also, I don't trust tears on a reality show unless I can see someone's face. And Giannina did not look like she'd been crying. Her makeup was perfect when her mom found her.

LOL, when Giannina went back I could feel her trying to act. The cadence of her speech changes. It's very artificial. Especially when she went to grab the chairs. As much as her "acting" is painful, he can take his condescension and shove it where the sun don't shine. He's as fake as she is. 

Lol, what? Damian is already trying to break the Lachey's rules and predict that maybe he and Giannina will reconnect? You heard what they said. Marry or walk away FOREVER. 🙄

• Love 11

Did anyone else notice that Amber seemed to be drinking out of a weird silver cup when she was in the makeup chair?

Amber's wedding look was not to my personal taste but it was totally Amber.

Amber and Barnett's personal vows were very short.

It's good they weren't in a church. I think I saw them put their tongues down each other's throats. I have no idea if this will work out but they do make a cute couple.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Damien gave me the creeps. I think Giannina dodged a bullet here. He seems very controlling to me. Giannina seems headstrong and independent. IMO, Damien was sublimating a lot of anger that he couldn't dominate her as he wanted to. I think he may be an abuser. She's MUCH better off without him.

I was pretty sure that Amber and Barnett would go through with the wedding. They seem pretty well matched to me. Whether it lasts is another story.

I don't think anyone believed that Jessica would say "I do" to Marc; not even Marc himself. She really fell for Barnett and should have left the show after he rejected her. Instead, she led Marc on just to keep herself in front of the cameras. Not cool.

Kelly is a fool. She had everything that makes for a good, lasting marriage in her relationship with Kenny: A partner who loves and respects her, great communication between them, both of them on good financial footing, seemingly wonderful parents and siblings on both sides who seemed to embrace the partner their child was choosing (it's tough to make a marriage last when in-laws are an issue.)  But, she wanted the "infatuation" that she had with a previous boyfriend. Yeah, that's important early on but that alone can't sustain a strong marriage when the other pieces are missing. She'll be hard pressed to find another relationship seemingly as strong as the one she and Kenny developed over the course of the show.

I figured that Lauren would ultimately go through with the wedding. I'm sure she would have preferred to have a longer engagement, but I think she would have ultimately come to the same decision. Side note: I LOVED her father! Actually, both of her parents seemed very genuine.  Something has seemed just a little "off" with Cameron, but I think it may just be discomfort in front of the cameras. I bet he's different when it's just the two of them. I think they might just make it. I hope so.

• Love 15

I want to know more about Kelly's past relationships. We know so little about Kelly and Kenny. I felt like her sister was giving her some looks...

Kelly's sister was very pretty when she was fully made up as a bridesmaid.

Their officiant was the best so far. He was appropriately serious but a little more personable and casual. Like a cross between a pleasant waiter and a friendly youth pastor.

"I can't marry you. And I hope that you can appreciate that and respect that decision of mine." Weird. I felt like she was putting him in his place. 

I laughed way too hard at Kenny trying to get them to stop filming and his producer (Jimmy?) just continuing to bitchily ask questions. Kelly and Kenny feel too smart and well-spoken for the producers to trick them into saying or doing things they didn't want to do. Maybe that's why they got so little screen time compared to the others. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

Mark reminds me of myself at 24. I was so completely in love with a friend who was so not into me that I wasn't even the right gender, and knew it, but just couldn't manage to get past it until I finally got hurt so badly that it became the main thing I associated with him for a while.

I'm also kind of amazed that Kenny didn't seem to see that coming. They got along so well that I assumed at first that they were just kind of low key, but it seemed pretty obvious as the season went on that there was no spark there.

I only ever watched half an early season of the US version of Married at First Sight (from the same production company) so I don't know if they're doing it here, but the Australian one apparently now has several opportunities for couples to announce whether they want to stay together rather than making all of them wait for the end. I feel like Love is Blind could have used something like that and milked it for some extra drama without waiting until people were left standing at the altar, because I mostly felt like the show was stringing people along and letting them get hurt just as much as the people who didn't say "I do."

• Love 3

They didn't work miracles but the professional artists are so much better at putting makeup on Jessica than she is at putting makeup on herself. To me, this proves she's been doing her own makeup while on the show. 

Jessica's wedding dress looked cheap. Cheap fabric not sewn particularly well. All the seams were puckering. I get what she was going for though. In broad strokes, it was a more glamorous wedding.

I don't think Mark's mom likes Jessica.

"True love grew. Not from what you look like on the outside but what you saw on the inside of each other." That... sounds wrong.

We're just now learning that his name is Mark Antony? 

I cannot believe that after all that nonsense, that Jessica said no. I mean, I can believe it. She never wanted Mark. But I can't believe she dragged it out for so long. 

Gasp! Can't believe the bridesmaids just whispered "So embarrassing for her?" "I know, right?" and no one walked out with her. 

The way Jessica said "my parents ARE divorced" makes me think they're both alive. It sounded like she was estranged from her dad but where's her mom then? Like with Damian, this seemed like a red flag that she was never going to go through with it.

• Love 4

Lauren and Cameron have been set up as the true love story from the very beginning. And I figured they wouldn't end the series on a break up. So I didn't feel any tension going into the last ceremony.

Lauren is so pretty with or without makeup. I can see her doing the lifestyle brand/Instagram spokesperson thing after this show.

Lauren was showing a LOT of cleavage. But aside from that, it was the prettiest dress. It was probably also kind of cheap but it at least looked more expensive from a distance. I think choosing a dress with more refined lace helped.

Lauren's dad Bill was so sweet. Their moment together before the wedding felt really genuine.

Cameron's suit was so poorly fitted. It's like they didn't even try. It went over his shoulders and the rest of the body was just like... 🤷‍♂️

It was messy and hilarious at times but they did leave me feeling good about Lauren/Cameron and Amber/Barnett. I think they have as good a chance as any other young couples. 

• Love 9

Oh fuck that woman who was feeling bad for Jessica and how embarrassing this must be for her...while she's the one rejecting someone at the alter. Fuck outta here.

It was one of her bridesmaids and it didn't sound genuine. This is the South so I took it as a "bless your heart" or "I'll pray for you" sort of thing. 

It's weird that they're posting the reunion for a Netflix show on youtube but w/e. Of course I'll watch it. 

11 hours ago, 2727 said:

Interesting that couples choosing for themselves don't have any higher success rate then when MAFS experts choose for them.

I don't know about that. Aside from Giannina and Damian (who in hindsight both seem like complete reality TV fakers) I feel like the other two couples failed when it came to physical attraction... which is a problem built into the conceit of the show. Well, that and clearly Jessica seemed to think she was going to find a different caliber of guy on the show. I'll be interested to see all 20 contestants on the reunion to see if they bothered to find anyone closer to her age that she ended up rejecting.

I forgot to add that even though I love Cameron, it’s obvious he’s been hurt by a previous relationship. I’m not saying he doesn’t love Lauren, but I think he’s trying to replace her. He’s just too vulnerable and he fell too fast, way too hard, too soon. And maybe they’ll work who knows? But I’m getting the vibe that he’s trying to replace her with the one that got away.

I was thinking this too when he mentioned his past relationship. If he elaborated on it, they clearly cut it out of the show because it didn't fit the narrative they were trying to tell. 

They let Carlton and Diamond break up and leave while in Mexico. They should have done the same for Mark and Jessica.

I assume they wanted to have a certain number of couples get to the altar. And even with her drunken antics, Mark and Jessica never had a scene as toxic as Carlton and Diamond. There was no way they could have convincingly put those two back together.

Kelly’s mom and sister were fantastic. I wonder where the disconnect came with her. Not that she’s a bad person, if you don’t feel it, you just don’t feel it. But I wonder if she’s just not used to something good in a relationship.

We only got vague hints but from what Kelly's sister said to her when they were getting their makeup done and the little comments her mom made during the wedding (albeit under the influence of 4 glasses of champagne) it sounds like Kelly is not good at picking guys or has had bad relationships in the past. They were fawning over Kenny in a way that made it seem like her past boyfriends have not treated her well or been nearly as well-spoken and courteous. 

I thought the editing of Giannina after she ran off was suspicious too, but in HD you can still faintly see the dirt stain on her skirt.  She and her mom must have made it a priority to try to remove it before she went to talk to Damian afterward.

I would want to clean up too if I was going to get another lecture from Damian before storming off dramatically. Where she fell, the stain made it look like she pooped herself.

Something has seemed just a little "off" with Cameron, but I think it may just be discomfort in front of the cameras. I bet he's different when it's just the two of them. 

Cameron is a lot sometimes but since finding out he's a tech guy, I just assume he's like Mark Zuckerberg if he went to the gym and got a better haircut. I've known a lot of nerds. They can be kind of weird. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, rachel1496 said:

Yes!!! Could not agree more.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, aradia22 said:

It's weird that they're posting the reunion for a Netflix show on youtube but w/e. Of course I'll watch it. 

I'll be interested to see all 20 contestants on the reunion to see if they bothered to find anyone closer to her age that she ended up rejecting.

I assume they wanted to have a certain number of couples get to the altar. And even with her drunken antics, Mark and Jessica never had a scene as toxic as Carlton and Diamond. There was no way they could have convincingly put those two back together.

Netflix only paid for 10 episodes. They realized they needed a reunion show after it gained popularity. YouTube is cheaper and quicker to produce vs waiting for Netflix and they can use the likes/views for the Youtube episode to prove that they need a bigger budget and more episodes next season. 

There were actually more than 20 people. I’m guessing some were alternates (which is common in reality shows). I have them listed in the Pod People thread with links to their social media. Many of them have gotten together for group dinners and viewing parties so they have group photos. 

The show had a budget for 5 couples. That’s why they sent Rory/Danielle, Lexie/Westley, and Kelly/Kenny home even though they were engaged. When Diamond and Carlton blew up they brought Kelly and Kenny back. I’m guessing that those couples were then contractually obligated to go through with the wedding up to the point of saying yes or no. They didn’t want these folks to just get a free vacation and then say “no thanks.”  This show was about weddings and the producers made sure there were weddings. We know now that Jessica tried to back out in Mexico and they held her to her contract. Others may have tried to do the same with no luck. So their only choice after that is to help create drama for good TV. 

Edited by Angeleyes
  • Useful 7
  • Love 4

I feel like I understand the ending of all the couples except Kelly and Kenny. Kelly never said why, which was weird. 

Obviously we all knew Jessica wasn't in this. Plus none of her family showed up so that was clear she told me, this is not happening, just stay home. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I feel like I understand the ending of all the couples except Kelly and Kenny. Kelly never said why, which was weird. 

Obviously we all knew Jessica wasn't in this. Plus none of her family showed up so that was clear she told me, this is not happening, just stay home. 

She said she wanted to be infatuated with the person and she wasn't into him like he was into her. She said in previous episodes that she has a bad picker. People like her just want the hot guy who treats them like crap.. and then they dont understand why they can't find a good guy.

• Love 13

Obviously they could have been lying but I read an article with the showrunner or creator, and he said there was nothing in their contract that said they had to wait til they got to the altar.  Seems unlikely but who knows.

I don't know what to think about Jessica being forced to stay.  It's possible considering there was no one from her side there.  I still don't like her.  Even the way she kept telling Mark she loved him during the ceremony and was relieved he said I do.  Could have been editing but I'm not a fan either way.

I agree that Damian and Giannina could have been in on creating a storyline.   When she was telling her mom that she'd be fine she didn't even seem upset.  Also, the way she way laying on the couch with her dressed draped over the back was soooooo staged.  I rolled my eyes.

Kelly (and Jessica actually) seem like the 30 something old women who say and think they want commitment but don't.   They're still only attracted to men who are bad for them.  

Hands down, my favorite part was when Lauren swore during the ceremony.  I find her to be one of the most likable people I've ever seen on tv.  She's adorable and funny.  I also love her relationship with her mom and how they tease each other.  Cameron is intense but, as someone else said, I understand considering his field.  I used to work in an engineering firm and those guys were brilliant but most were really awkward.  I think Cameron is similar. 

• Like 1
  • Love 14
19 minutes ago, ally862 said:

Obviously they could have been lying but I read an article with the showrunner or creator, and he said there was nothing in their contract that said they had to wait til they got to the altar.  Seems unlikely but who knows.

I can totally see "you signed this contract that says you were going to participate until the weddings" being a pressure point from whatever producer she was talking to without actually saying that she couldn't walk away. Or the contract saying that if you don't make it to the wedding, you don't get paid or even have to pay the producers back for the trip to Mexico and Jessica feeling stuck because of that.

• Love 6

9 hours ago, djlynch said:

I feel like Love is Blind could have used something like that and milked it for some extra drama without waiting until people were left standing at the altar, because I mostly felt like the show was stringing people along and letting them get hurt just as much as the people who didn't say "I do."

This is the part that bothers me.  I don't know how much of it was real, but if it is, then, wow, people will really get hurt, to say nothing of the ripple effect to family and friends, and sacrifices they may have made to attend the wedding.  

9 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Kelly is a fool. She had everything that makes for a good, lasting marriage in her relationship with Kenny: A partner who loves and respects her, great communication between them, both of them on good financial footing, seemingly wonderful parents and siblings on both sides who seemed to embrace the partner their child was choosing (it's tough to make a marriage last when in-laws are an issue.)  But, she wanted the "infatuation" that she had with a previous boyfriend. Yeah, that's important early on but that alone can't sustain a strong marriage when the other pieces are missing. She'll be hard pressed to find another relationship seemingly as strong as the one she and Kenny developed over the course of the show.

8 hours ago, aradia22 said:

We only got vague hints but from what Kelly's sister said to her when they were getting their makeup done and the little comments her mom made during the wedding (albeit under the influence of 4 glasses of champagne) it sounds like Kelly is not good at picking guys or has had bad relationships in the past. They were fawning over Kenny in a way that made it seem like her past boyfriends have not treated her well or been nearly as well-spoken and courteous. 

1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

She said she wanted to be infatuated with the person and she wasn't into him like he was into her. She said in previous episodes that she has a bad picker. People like her just want the hot guy who treats them like crap.. and then they dont understand why they can't find a good guy.

You guys beat me to it, but I wanted to chime in anyway.  It feels to me like when she is doing her pursuit of the unattainable bad boy who will treat her like sh*t, she gets some sort of steroid version of what most people call butterflies.  And the only way she can get that feeling, is with that type of guy.  So when she doesn't get that feeling with a regular guy, she rules him out.  Somehow she needs to stop using the 'bad butterflies' feeling as her personal barometer of attraction.

• Love 11

I'm happy with the outcomes and extremely curious to see how everyone is doing now.

Damian weirds me out but he was right to have doubts.  The fact his parents never showed up to meet her is telling.

Moving on the Jessica.  Another one with no family involved, I don't believe for a second that she had to string Mark along to the altar.  She wanted to camera time and she was hoping Barnett might slip & fall into her bed.

Kelly's just stupid and her family realizes it. I love when her mom was like "I love this guy" after Kenny graciously talked to the guests. Maybe he can marry the other daughter.

Loved Lauren & Cameron.  Watching his lip quiver as she walked in brought tears to my eyes.  I like them both and love them together.

Really didn't love either Amber or Barnett initially, but was happy to see them get married.  They're the ones I most interested to see at the reunion and follow on social media once the embargo is lifted completely. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, snarts said:

Moving on the Jessica.  Another one with no family involved, I don't believe for a second that she had to string Mark along to the altar.

I don't think anyone was fooled.  Mark's Mom was giving her the stink eye the whole time.

• Love 2