Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Great Expectations

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:
23 hours ago, magemaud said:

Both she and Stacey hardly have any space between their top lip and the bottom of their nose (philtrum) 

You have just made my year by knowing and using the word “philtrum”. I learned it at age 13 when I decided mine was “too big “. (I’m OK with its size now...)

I confess I had to look up the term because I'd forgotten it from my college classes about facial deformities (for speech pathology). A smooth philtrum can be a sign of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and other medical conditions. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, RealReality said:

The fact that he was sincerely considering secretly getting a vasectomy when he knows she wants children is just a bait and switch. 

He hasn't had sex in 28 years but now that it might be happening, he wants a vasectomy? Another 90 Day guy did that, too. I forget his name, the guy we thought didn't have any top teeth with a girl who might have also been a Filipina who neglected to tell her he couldn't father another child. 

Recycled story line! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Am I correct that Big Ed has 2jobs, one as a photographer and the other as an interior decorator?  Did you see the shots of his domicile?  Not sure what it is, a duplex or apartment, but not what I would call California style deco.  More like stalker style.  sorry, Big Ed.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Colfrmb2 said:

Am I correct that Big Ed has 2jobs, one as a photographer and the other as an interior decorator?  Did you see the shots of his domicile?  Not sure what it is, a duplex or apartment, but not what I would call California style deco.  More like stalker style.  sorry, Big Ed.

His apartment decor is the opposite of style, his unframed tear sheets taped up on his walls, his cluttered kitchen, no attention to detail and his lack of style and taste in general...makes me wonder what he does for his clients.

• Love 7

Did anyone else notice in the previews for next week (if you were able to stop barfing from the stomach-curdling Patient Zero/Usman tongue wrestling) that Yolanda has Williams in her phone as The Williams? 

I just thought that was really odd. No way that lady gets on a plane to "London airport," (who doesn't know that's Heathrow? Oh, right - a Nigerian Yahoo boy, which is what "Williams" is) and tries to meet a ghost. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
52 minutes ago, RealReality said:

But when it's revealed that all she wants is stability and a green card, suddenly she will be painted as a scamming con artist.  

Agreed.  He talked about his friends and family seeing red flags from RoseMarie.  I'm pretty sure she's been pretty honest (except maybe saying she loves him).  She is 23, 5'2, has a son, lives with her sister...  There are plenty of red flags about the relationship, but I'd say they're from his side.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

I've noticed this about both the men and the women on this show - they don't give a second's consideration to what the supposed "love of their life" wants, and instead just steamroll right over their "soulmate's" stated wishes and assume their betrothed will just accept it. Ed wanting to get a vasectomy WITHOUT TELLING ROSEMARIE is a prime example of how little concern or thought he's given to her as anything other than something he wants for himself....

This is not in defense of all these people but an observation in general about people desperate for love. I have friends here in the US who do online dating and I am amazed at the things they don’t ask or discuss even after the first couple of dates in person. They don’t know what people do for work or if they work at all. They don’t really know where they live. They really want to see a text every morning that says, “good morning beautiful 💕🥰😘”.  That and then the physical equivalent.  They themselves don’t really lie to the guys, at least that they admit to me, but they make it seem like they don’t date online very much when they’ve been doing it for years.  They want to date out of their league.  They almost always date younger. They have all been catfished.  I am that friend who begs and connives to get a first and last name and maybe a phone number to investigate.  And they never want to hear the truth.  Then they tell, almost bragging to, the next guy about how “they” investigated a previous catfish/liar.  (It was me). Ignorance is bliss.

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

I guess I am in the minority here, but I love the Silva twins! Yes, the cosmetic procedures are over the top. But they bring the drama. And the style. Did you see the appliances in Darcy's kitchen???

I'm with you--the Silvas make great TV, IMO.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Spike said:

I noticed that she had an electric range, which doesn’t seem like someone who is into cooking.

We could kinda tell that from the rice-a-roni and rubbery steak meal she prepared for Jesse!😆🍚🥩

But the range was soooooo beautiful (if not the most serviceable lol).

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

That a gorgeous, non- white, young woman who Usman probably liked was cast as "Lisa"

Which makes perfect sense when you consider that this is the same video used for the 15 other "Nancy" "Carol's" and "Karen's" he is sending this video to.

What made me snort was Lisa's declaration that she was disavowing any connection to the video as long as that other woman was in it.  She really is delusional.

35 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

It was more along the lines of:  "You want to make dinner together Saturday?"  "Okay."  And it was dinner:  steak, potato, salad, not over the top stuff ALL! THE! TIME!

You're just not trying.  Remember what Darcey and Jesse could do with a home-made steak dinner.

5 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Did anyone else notice in the previews for next week (if you were able to stop barfing from the stomach-curdling Patient Zero/Usman tongue wrestling) that Yolanda has Williams in her phone as The Williams?

I did!  What does that even mean?  "Williams" is odd enough as it is--what does the "The" do?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

What made me snort was Lisa's declaration that she was disavowing any connection to the video as long as that other woman was in it.  She really is delusional.

You're just not trying.  Remember what Darcey and Jesse could do with a home-made steak dinner.

I did!  What does that even mean?  "Williams" is odd enough as it is--what does the "The" do?

That’s how you refer to a couple whose surname is William. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Spike said:

That’s how you refer to a couple whose surname is William. 

Correct--that's how I would refer to a couple whose surname is William.  But most people would do it The William's.

And I still can't think of any way to get to the "The Williams" that Yolanda has in her phone.  Unless she's in on it, too, and knows there's nobody named Williams living in London.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

If only there were somewhere they could find a white woman who makes regular visits to Nigeria...

Even the age bracket would fit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Correct--that's how I would refer to a couple whose surname is William.  But most people would do it The William's.

And I still can't think of any way to get to the "The Williams" that Yolanda has in her phone.  Unless she's in on it, too, and knows there's nobody named Williams living in London.

Well without getting political some folks use The Donald.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
12 hours ago, judylo said:

Yep. I’m 65 and I look way younger too! No fillers, no plastic surgery ... good genes, good skincare, good haircuts and color! (The body, though ... well ... I’m not fat, but I could be more fit, and big boobs don’t age well. Hey, Tania ... a good bra!)

Ditto ditto and mostly ditto ... 60, no plastic surgery ever (I have nothing against it, just not a fan of pain), decent genes ... I'm not a knockout by any means but I don't think I look 60, though then again I'm not sure what looking 60 is! But reasonably wrinkle-free, and have always had a young face. The "big girls," on the other hand, have not withstood the decades of gravity very well!!! And I'm not a big fan of exercise so, just like you said, I'm not fat but I've got more rolls than Poppin' Fresh. 

I had a really hard time last night trying to decide who among this season's bunch of misfits and weirdos is The Worst and I couldn't come up with an answer. There are so many candidates. But I'd put Stacey (and Darcey to a slightly lesser extent) atop the "WHY WHY WHY are we stuck with these creatures again" list, Ed on the "why would this no-neck nebbish even want to subject himself to national ridicule" list, and Lisa on the "just absolutely ZERO redeeming qualities whatsoever" list. Avery and Ash are way too boring for this season. 

Yes, I'm hooked. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, not you again said:

See, in my cold, dead heart I just assumed she told him she wanted children to shore up her declarations of how desirable she thinks he is.  And if she went so far as to get pregnant it would be to cement her hold on him, because let's face it, when she looks at him she sees dollar signs.

None of that bars ed from being honest with her.  Particularly when he sanctimoniously demands full disclosure.  

And if she wants to have a child so she can feel some degree of security from a man who managed to cheat on his wife in two years than I can't blame her.  

We always like to get down on woman for wanting financial security.  Maybe all she sees is dollar sings.  All he sees is a sex slave who cannot ever leave him without the threat of a green card over her head. 

• Love 17

I found it very telling when Ed talked about how he met Rose Marie. He said he was "scrolling through Facebook, looking for friends", saw her picture and sent her a friend request which she accepted. He goes on to say she has over 4000 FB friends. Well, of course she does if she indiscriminately accepts every friend request that she gets from anyone, anywhere. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
(edited)

BigEd's oblivion to reality is beyond the pale...

No, Rosie doesn't want to kiss, fornicate with a 54 year old man who is sex starved after a self imposed 28 year drought....the thought of him squirming and heaving on top of her is repugnant to us but she sees the prize....

Rosie will do the hokey pokey, satisfy his sexual dreams if it means Prince can grow up in 'Merica..at least until they are married she will pretend to welcome him to her wonderland....

Ed most likely has not been coy that he expects sex...

Ed has found his Kara look alike who is green lighting him physically....

He is a grown man with 2 jobs....so why does he live in a storeroom off the garage?

Anyone think the UPS store guy has been ripping Ed off selling boxes about 10 times too big for his cheapo Trader Joes gift?

Value of Gifts: $500

Boxing, Postage and handling to the village 2 hours out of Manila...$4500

Ed is already getting screwed ...by his pal at the UPS store....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 5
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I found it very telling when Ed talked about how he met Rose Marie. He said he was "scrolling through Facebook, looking for friends", saw her picture and sent her a friend request which she accepted. He goes on to say she has over 4000 FB friends. Well, of course she does if she indiscriminately accepts every friend request that she gets from anyone, anywhere. 

I don't understand these people that FREAK OUT when their beloveds have members of the opposite gender on their social media accounts.  1) I'd find it weird if my guy were only followed/friends with other dudes.  2) being connected on social media in no way means that you have any sort of real world connection, or have even spoken to each other.  Otherwise, using their logic, if I follow Brad Pitt, I'm making out with Brad Pitt.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

I know it's been said a million times, but what exactly do these couples talk about before they meet?  Big Ed was absolutely floored when his co-worker friend explained there wouldn't be hot water, and that there would be flying cockroaches and other nasty bugs.  Do they literally just gaze into their "love of their life's", "king's/queen's" eyes every time and tell them how much they love them, and not discuss anything?  Really??  Kill me now!!!  Ugh....

Its very difficult to have meaningful conversation in emojis or if the "love of your life of 2 months" doesn't speak much English. "I love you" on the other hand is known everywhere in the world. And if they don't know even that then the heart emoji will suffice. Especially if you make whole line of them. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, FrancescaFiore said:

"The" Williams = "My World"

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, FrancescaFiore said:

“My Sext Nigerian” was taken.

• LOL 11
17 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

I don't understand these people that FREAK OUT when their beloveds have members of the opposite gender on their social media accounts.  1) I'd find it weird if my guy were only followed/friends with other dudes.  2) being connected on social media in no way means that you have any sort of real world connection, or have even spoken to each other.  Otherwise, using their logic, if I follow Brad Pitt, I'm making out with Brad Pitt.

We're in our 70s, and both of us have folks of the opposite gender on our Facebook friends list.  Most importantly, neither of us tries to hide anything from the other.  Because we trust each other.

Hard to trust someone when the only way you've met them is by the same process they might use to find someone else.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Williams must think he hit the jackpot with the stupidest woman on earth who is completely fooled by his use of a well known person's online photos from stock images...it would take one of Yolanda's kids less than 1 minute to show her that she is speaking to a scammer with a broken phone...the 90 Day producers need a story line but this is reaching too far into the Desperate Pile....

Am convinced Williams has asked and gotten from Yolanda  money every week for the last 6 months and while  is disappointed that his Western Union money egrams from Yolanda will soon end....dude doesn't even try to fake a British accent... he is so done with her neediness....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
38 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

BigEd's oblivion to reality is beyond the pale...

No, Rosie doesn't want to kiss, fornicate with a 54 year old man who is sex starved after a self imposed 28 year drought....the thought of him squirming and heaving on top of her is repugnant to us but she sees the prize....

So we're saying his 28 yr long abstinence streak was self imposed?👀

For the record he said he has not been in a relationship in 28 yrs.

At first he blamed that on his 30 something year old daughter. Then he said it was due to being self conscious about his appearance. 

Honestly, I think he's been paying for sex and trying for free the whole time. His interaction w RoseMarie is too easy.

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, RealReality said:

None of that bars ed from being honest with her.  Particularly when he sanctimoniously demands full disclosure.  

Excellent point.  So Ed gets to lie about his height and that he wants no more children but judges her for not being honest about her boyfriend, her motives, etc?  Try again.

And to put a pin in a fun, off topic conversation:  I NEVER tell my hubs how to cut a steak.  Or fold laundry.  Or clean.  Or drive.  He will be 55 in April, I think he has got this.

32 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

I don't understand these people that FREAK OUT when their beloveds have members of the opposite gender on their social media accounts.  1) I'd find it weird if my guy were only followed/friends with other dudes. 

About 99% of both hubs and my FB friends that are opposite sex are usually relatives.  If hubs has a FB friend that was a former coworker, or a female he knew through friends, what do I care?  (He REFUSES to be FB friends with old girlfriends, so not an issue.  And one of my male FB friends that was my bf has been with his husband for over 25 years.  So.....yeah.......)

4 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

At first he blamed that on his 30 something year old daughter. Then he said it was due to being self conscious about his appearance. 

I thought he said so he could be free for his daughter.  And he stepped out on his wife so he can spare me with the appearance excuse.

• Love 5

7 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Honestly, I think he's been paying for sex and trying for free the whole time. His interaction w RoseMarie is too easy.

I happily stand corrected...

Hard to read between the lines what Ed means...he probably has a loving relationship with his right hand and maybe love professionals....who knows....

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

No sex with ANOTHER PERSON.  

He has crosses up on the wall.  Self pleasure is a sin.

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

The way he pronounces Rose does not sound like a California accent.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

He said in an earlier episode that he had not been intimate with a woman since his marriage ended.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I liked when she said they should have had her in there in silhouette or something.... oh yes, just what the audience he is trying to sell to would want to see! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I liked when she said they should have had her in there in silhouette or something.... oh yes, just what the audience he is trying to sell to would want to see! 

LOL, you know that if she saw her silhouette in the video she would be super offended and say it was much too fat and frumpy to represent her. 

36 minutes ago, Spike said:

He said in an earlier episode that he had not been intimate with a woman since his marriage ended.

Technically, he could argue that intimacy is emotional intimacy and not hooker sex. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Spike said:

After no sex in 28 years he may not need to get “nipped” (um snipped?).  Atrophy.

I noticed that she had an electric range, which doesn’t seem like someone who is into cooking.

Neither of the Silva sisters should be close to an open flame, so electric is a good choice. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, RealReality said:

LOL, you know that if she saw her silhouette in the video she would be super offended and say it was much too fat and frumpy to represent her. 

Yes, a blob on two legs. Seriously, she isn't that big but she isn't a slim young thing either. And don't get me started with them "kissing" in the car. Ugh. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I agree.  No, Lisa, the goal of the music video is to SELL music and if putting a young, beautiful age appropriate young model in the video is what sells, then that is a business decision.  You had no right to make those demands and frankly I wish they had held their ground.  The audience does not want to see Usman lusting after his mother - date.  

The promo shot of them "kissing" in the car next week?  EWWWWWW!!!!!  Thanks now I have THAT in my head.  Forever.  No amount of brain bleach will help.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

The promo shot of them "kissing" in the car next week?  EWWWWWW!!!!!  Thanks now I have THAT in my head.  Forever.  No amount of brain bleach will help.

I don’t call that kissing!  It looked like she was poking her tongue through the gaps in his teeth. I call that flossing!  Yuck.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Yes, a blob on two legs. Seriously, she isn't that big but she isn't a slim young thing either. And don't get me started with them "kissing" in the car. Ugh. 

Why is Alfred Hitchcock in this video?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

I just received a FB friend request from some random man, who is a doctor (or at least his photo has him in scrubs), and is a widower. I'm so tempted to reply to see what happens and how long until he declares his undying love for me. I don't think that Mr. Hula-la would approve (even if it was for research--he was watching yesterday and yelling at the tv along with me).

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Colfrmb2 said:

I don’t call that kissing!  It looked like she was poking her tongue through the gaps in his teeth. I call that flossing!  Yuck.

Well I did put it in quotes!!!  😊

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, hula-la said:

I just received a FB friend request from some random man, who is a doctor (or at least his photo has him in scrubs), and is a widower. I'm so tempted to reply to see what happens and how long until he declares his undying love for me. I don't think that Mr. Hula-la would approve (even if it was for research--he was watching yesterday and yelling at the tv along with me).

Do embalmers wear scrubs?

• LOL 4
7 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

Its bugging me Yolanda's accent and voice sound exactly like someone I've seen before. It must be from a reality show. Does anyone know? Probably not but it's driving me crazy. She  is so so so dumb.

And Ed this is my ONLY chance for love? A child bride from a very poor place? God how dumb are these people.

Yolanda sounds like Mama Chantel to me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

Those lips though!

stacy.jpg

Darcey has ballooned up to a size large/XL-she stretched out that dress to the sale rack....She looks like Miss Piggy and not in a good way....

They both have never looked this craggy, decrepit and bloated.

What's up with the sisters?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

For the record he said he has not been in a relationship in 28 yrs

I think he said "intimate relationship" which, to me, meant no sex for 28 years

• Love 3