Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Great Expectations

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 3/4/2020 at 8:21 PM, mamadrama said:

Someone asked if her ex getting married last spring made things worse, but I'm betting it's partly her daughters coming of age. They're beautiful, natural teenagers and probably a reminder every single day that Darcy's, er, NOT natural and is no longer a young girl. Wouldn't surprise me if she's starting to feel some competition. 

She reminds me a bit of Blanche Deveroux, the main difference being that Blanche would never let a man see her fall apart-much less beg for his attention. 

Darcy's young, fresh, naturally beautiful teenage daughters bring it home every day that she is not 22 any more. That's why she infantalizes them-- "Mommy's going on a trip!" "HUGS!! YAY!", to keep the terror of aging at bay. She can't be the mother of teens! She's young and desirable! When her daughters bring friends home she's probably all "cool mom" and gets all flirty with the girls' guy friends, to their eternal mortification. Then goes and makes another appointment with her plastic surgeon.

Blanche Devereaux? More like Blanche DuBois! With a healthy scoop of Edina Monsoon. Blanche because she's a fragile wreck who only sees her existence in a man's eyes. And Edina for her ridiculous dress sense, wine consumption, selfishness and insecurity.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Well, some of us are okay with it.  I'm 63, the lines on my face are normal!  I am still slim, which tends to read more youthful, I guess.  

I am enjoying your comments tremendously, I don't think there are many men who post here regularly!  Your humor cracks me up.

Thank you, though since those long posts are done at 2am on a Monday, I'm surprised the "jokes" about not having a job haven't been called out 😔 I didn't start watching this show til someone in the America's Got Talent threads recommended it to me to write about; that was the only show I really commented on for 2 years or so; I just assumed every other show on this website had equally little traffic, so finding these threads has been quite nice.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Darcy's young, fresh, naturally beautiful teenage daughters bring it home every day that she is not 22 any more. That's why she infantalizes them-- "Mommy's going on a trip!" "HUGS!! YAY!", to keep the terror of aging at bay. She can't be the mother of teens! She's young and desirable! When her daughters bring friends home she's probably all "cool mom" and gets all flirty with the girls' guy friends, to their eternal mortification. Then goes and makes another appointment with her plastic surgeon.

How much pride or ego tripping do women have in being seen as attractive by men? I ask, because most men find the majority of women under 30 to be attractive in some way without them really doing anything, whereas men frequently try and be the funniest, most muscular, stylish, etc. in the hopes that even one girl would look at them. The idea of being the "cool Dad" has crossed my mind many times, since even currently seeing myself a bit out of the loop as to what's cool with teenagers is freaking me out, since when I was a kid, I vowed I would never be a square.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, InternetToughGuy said:

Thank you, though since those long posts are done at 2am on a Monday, I'm surprised the "jokes" about not having a job haven't been called out 😔 I didn't start watching this show til someone in the America's Got Talent threads recommended it to me to write about; that was the only show I really commented on for 2 years or so; I just assumed every other show on this website had equally little traffic, so finding these threads has been quite nice.

You should watch Love After Lockup and Life After Lockup.  Same production company, equally trashy, and active comment thread.  It’s folks dating inmates and what happens when they are released.

Edited by Spike
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Spike said:

You should watch Love After Lockup and Life After Lockup.  Same production company, equally trashy, and active comment thread.  It’s folks dating inmates and what happens when they are released.

That does sound entertaining, but it seems like the season is just about to end

30 minutes ago, InternetToughGuy said:

That does sound entertaining, but it seems like the season is just about to end

Another will start soon.  It’s an endless cycle like 90 Day.  Right now we are in sequel mode but there should be a fresh batch of cast members soon.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 3/3/2020 at 3:41 PM, Spike said:

Some people have no imagination and just think tattoos are edgy.  So they go with cliches like barbed wire around the biceps or a butterfly on the shoulder.  

Those tattoos can work if done correctly. I have a butterfly shoulder tattoo, but I also had it actually designed and it's not just a butterfly. A lot of places just do specific tattoos you pick from a list. Not what I would ever do, but if that's what someone wants. Those tattoos tend to be cheap too.

It seems like Yolanda would have more luck on Catfish. That show deals with whatever is going on with her. I wonder if she'll ever find out who she's been talking to. Maybe it's the guy in the pictures, that's very unlikely. But technically possible. 

Edited by StitchPunk
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Blanched Devereaux? More like Blanche DuBois! With a healthy scoop of Edina Monsoon. Blanche because she's a fragile wreck who only sees her existence in a man's eyes. And Edina for her ridiculous dress sense, wine consumption, selfishness and insecurity.

You had me at Blanche.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 3/2/2020 at 4:18 PM, Spike said:

He said in an earlier episode that he had not been intimate with a woman since his marriage ended.

Kind of ironic that cheating on his wife ended up costing him 28yrs of celibacy. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, StitchPunk said:

It seems like Yolanda would have more luck on Catfish. That show deals with whatever is going on with her. I wonder if she'll ever find out who she's been talking to. Maybe it's the guy in the pictures, that's very unlikely. But technically possible. 

Does Catfish feature older people? I haven’t watched that show since its first season, but I thought it was all 20-somethings getting scammed by other socially awkward 20-somethings. Dr. Phil usually does the widows being scammed by Nigerians episodes.

(edited)

[Only semi-on-topic tangent ahead]

It has occurred to me that I could easily manipulate my way on to this show because I'm sure the producers would find my story irresistible. See, when I was 16, a class I was in required me to get a penpal in another country. I started writing letters to this 17 year old guy in England and we became totally infatuated with one another. When I was 18, my graduation gift was enough money for a trip to England to meet this guy, which I did. I gave him my virginity on a silver platter and he gave me an engagement ring. 

Of course, this all blew up in our faces and I learned from his mother that he'd gotten engaged to another girl a couple months after I got back from my trip and was devastated. Fast forward 5 years, I was going back to England to visit another friend, but since I was nearby, I thought it would be funny to pop in on him at work (he still worked at the same place 5 years later) & completely freak him out. Turned out, he didn't get married to the other girl and when I showed up, he professed his undying love for me and begged me to forgive him and take him back. I declined.

Fast forward 30 years, and he finds me on Facebook. He's now divorced with a young adult daughter. He tells me that since the advent of the internet, he's been trying to find me to try to resume contact. He claimed to still be carrying a torch for me.  We've talked pretty regularly on FB messenger (and I've come to the conclusion that I dodged a bullet - he's got an alcohol problem that's causing him health issues, but doesn't seem interested in addressing the reasons he drinks or in stopping). 

Here's where the show comes in: how easy would it be for he and I to say we're trying to give it another go and get on this show? We aren't in a relationship, nor would I be in one with him, but I bet we could make some decent money exploiting and embellishing our story. I'm thinking TLC would eat that shit UP.

Edited by FrancescaFiore
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

[Only semi-on-topic tangent ahead]

It has occurred to me that I could easily manipulate my way on to this show because I'm sure the producers would find my story irresistible. See, when I was 16, a class I was in required me to get a penpal in another country. I started writing letters to this 17 year old guy in England and we became totally infatuated with one another. When I was 18, my graduation gift was enough money for a trip to England to meet this guy, which I did. I gave him my virginity on a silver platter and he gave me an engagement ring. 

Of course, this all blew up in our faces and I learned from his mother that he'd gotten engaged to another girl a couple months after I got back from my trip and was devastated. Fast forward 5 years, I was going back to England to visit another friend, but since I was nearby, I thought it would be funny to pop in on him at work (he still worked at the same place 5 years later) & completely freak him out. Turned out, he didn't get married to the other girl and when I showed up, he professed him undying love for me and begged me to forgive him and take him back. I declined.

Fast forward 30 years, and he finds me on Facebook. He's now divorced with a young adult daughter. He tells me that since the advent of the internet, he's been trying to find me to try to resume contact. He claimed to still be carrying a torch for me.  We've talked pretty regularly on FB messenger (and I've come to the conclusion that I dodged a bullet - he's got an alcohol problem that's causing him health issues, but doesn't seem interested in addressing the reasons he drinks or in stopping). 

Here's where the show comes in: how easy would it be for he and I to say we're trying to give it another go and get on this show? We aren't in a relationship, nor would I be in one with him, but I bet we could make some decent money exploiting and embellishing our story. I'm thinking TLC would eat that shit UP.

Umm, I'd eat that story up.  It's free money and you can sell pashminas afterwards.  Or model.  It's up to you. You shouldnt NOT think about sending in an audition tape.

• LOL 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

It's free money and you can sell pashminas afterwards.  Or model.  It's up to you. You shouldnt NOT think about sending in an audition tape.

I did a literal spit take at the pashminas comment. Hilarious. I don't know about modeling - we're both in our 50s now and we've both gotten rather plump. Really, the hardest part would be convincing him to participate. This is very much not his cup of tea, being on American telly pretending to be in a relationship with me. Although on the upside, he'd probably get a free trip to America out of it, or I'd get a free trip to England and he DOES kinda owe me...

Edited by FrancescaFiore
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

I did a literal spit take at the pashminas comment. Hilarious. I don't know about modeling - we're both in our 50s now and we've both gotten rather plump. Really, the hardest part would be convincing him to participate. This is very much not his cup of tea, being on American telly pretending to be in a relationship with me. Although on the upside, he'd probably get a free trip to America out of it, or I'd get a free trip to England and he DOES kinda owe me...

As much as we would want to refrain, we still would have to snark mercilessly.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Spike said:

As much as we would want to refrain, we still would have to snark mercilessly.

I wouldn't have it any other way! And y'all would have a field day with the photos of us back in 1986. SO MACH BIG HAIR I NO ACCEPT THIS

Edited by FrancescaFiore
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

I wouldn't have it any other way! And y'all would have a field day with the photos of us back in 1986. SO MACH BIG HAIR I NO ACCEPT THIS

You can get a customized Cameo greeting from Zied for a pittance.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 3/1/2020 at 7:49 PM, nytonc said:

Just when I think the Medusa sisters have  embarrassed themselves enough for a hundred lifetimes, they come back for more. In bridal gowns!!! 

I think calling those wisps of fabric "bridal gowns" is remarkably generous.

I like to talk to the TV during this show.

Darcey: You look amazing.

Me: And YOU look like the featured exhibit at Madame Trussad's.

When Lisa was pontificating about her plans to have total control over Usman's "music career," I chortled and scared my cat. Yoko Ono didn't have the kind of influence over her musician beau that Lisa hopes to have.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Yoko Ono didn't have the kind of influence over her musician beau that Lisa hopes to have.

Usman would not get thru his audition on AGT, Lisa thinks if she keeps talking up his stardom, bragging about how many followers he has on social media it will spark interest international interest in his career. 

How much money do we think Lisa has sunk in recording studio time for that auto tuned scammer?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Darcey is starting to look like a caricature of a person.

Wait.

Darcey looks like a caricature of a person.

Darcey has ceased to look like Darcey...she has ballooned in weight, ballooned her lips, chemically fried her hair to the texture of hay...

Her breast  implants are past their tipping point...she will wobble like a Weeble in a stiff wind....

Sad.

• Love 5

I don't really care what the people look like.

Big Ed. I don't really mind Mayo to eat, but it probably smells bad left in someone's hair. 

I don't understand why he didn't get a vasectomy while he was single.  I also think he doesn't want a vasectomy: he wants to have more kids. He won't admit that, but when it's his turn to (for example) change diapers, he'll tell her he didn't want to have kids so she should do it. 

I'm confused by how many kids some of these have. Especially Avery and Geoffrey?  Varya seems like a nice lady and she could do better. 

• Love 4

I believe Geoffrey has the two older boys we’ve seen and another son who lives with his most recent ex and his little brother, the fourth son who passed away at a year old. 

Avery has two daughters. I think she said she is divorced from the older girl’s father and the two year old was from a “relationship.”

• Love 1
On 3/3/2020 at 12:06 PM, mamadrama said:

I don't mind the age thing. I'm fine with seeing "mature" women model wedding dressing. But egads those dresses! Somewhere out there someone directing the sequel to SHOWGIRLS just realized that a box of costumes went missing...

That whole scene was weird. "Hi, we don't want to buy anything, we just want to look at all your dresses so that we can go back to our"design studio" and rip them off."

I have no problem with older women modeling wedding dresses just not those two - botoxed and puffed up as they are lol, and of course their choices in dresses, just NO, and for the record I am older than they are.  

• Love 6

I feel bad for Darcey's older daughter.  She needs braces & a professional hair dye job & it seems Darcey has sucked up all the funds on bad cosmetic procedures for herself 😔 So much for Putting the kids first.   I used to not fault Darcey BC I thought she had a good heart.  Idk now. At least not a family oriented heart . 

Baby girl Lisa *does*  mimic Usman's speech affect & glad I  wasn't the only one to notice it. He repeated to his buddy that she's "49-50"! HAHAHAHA! The guy goes "wheeeeehh!!" Lmao! IMO she is more like 69-70 looking.  

Geoffrey & Varya- I'm suffering major 2nd hand embarrassment from watching these 2! HAWK‐WURRRD!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, endure said:

I have no problem with older women modeling wedding dresses just not those two - botoxed and puffed up as they are lol, and of course their choices in dresses, just NO, and for the record I am older than they are.  

Yeah, they've kind of reached the point where clothes aren't looking good on them in general. They weren't flattering dresses to begin with, but the fact that they were several sizes too small for the women made them worse.  When Stacey (or was it Darcey) turned around in that wedding dress her back fat was squeezed together so much that it looked like she had an extra vagina back there. It was weird. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Ready for this season's Dragged Into this Mess Kid Count? Here goes:

Yolanda 6 (winner winner chicken dinner-with chopsticks!)

Geoffrey 4 including the deceased baby

Avery and Darcey, at 2 each

Lisa, Ash, Ed and Rose, 1 child each 

We don't know anything about 60 year old David of the mysterious David and Ukrainian Lana (if she really exists) but my guess is that he has kids and even grandchildren.) 

There are also 7 divorces that we know of, so far. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Yeah, they've kind of reached the point where clothes aren't looking good on them in general. They weren't flattering dresses to begin with, but the fact that they were several sizes too small for the women made them worse.  When Stacey (or was it Darcey) turned around in that wedding dress her back fat was squeezed together so much that it looked like she had an extra vagina back there. It was weird. 

When they see the episode do you think they are happy with how they look......I can’t imagine they would be but then again they probably are ha!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, endure said:

When they see the episode do you think they are happy with how they look......I can’t imagine they would be but then again they probably are ha!

I don't think they'll EVER be happy with how they look and that insecurity just compels them to undergo more procedures in their search for what they consider beauty. 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, endure said:

They seem to be okay when they look in the mirror before leaving the house so... 🙂

I don't know. I think they have some body dysmorphia going on. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, magemaud said:

Ready for this season's Dragged Into this Mess Kid Count? Here goes:

Yolanda 6 (winner winner chicken dinner-with chopsticks!)

Geoffrey 4 including the deceased baby

Avery and Darcey, at 2 each

Lisa, Ash, Ed and Rose, 1 child each 

We don't know anything about 60 year old David of the mysterious David and Ukrainian Lana (if she really exists) but my guess is that he has kids and even grandchildren.) 

There are also 7 divorces that we know of, so far. 

Keep in mind, this is just what we know, based on what they told us so far. 

Spoiler

Geoff has more kids. 

Tom thought he was quite the stud before.  Now that he’s apparently lost weight and gotten his luscious curls(😂) cut off, he seems to be posing a lot and appears really full of himself.  Still an ass either way.  

• Love 5

I don't have much snark to suss out.  I wish TLC would give breaks between the 90 day shows b/c I feel I need time to recover between seasons and various shows showcasing people's stupidity.  

This is all I got: I'm over Darcy.  I just don't care what happens to her at this point.

Big Ed- I'd rather watch a show about his cute Fex -Ex friend.

Lisa and her friend are trying to be the hillbilly trash Sex and the City.  I'm sure her 15 year old daughter is horribly embarrassed. 

• Love 3
On 2/29/2020 at 2:22 AM, magemaud said:

How’s this one? Stacey looks horrible. That diamond couldn’t possibly be real, could it? 

E0D1A1AD-3D57-4453-A9D5-AD76609AF50D.jpeg

“It’s okay...it’s  just a birthday...” what is she, six years old? 

37F8A21E-2B15-4597-8D10-729081D3AE4A.jpeg

I wonder if these two go to Michael Jackson's doctor for their facial "treatments."

• Love 1
On 4/8/2020 at 3:37 PM, neh said:

I wonder if these two go to Michael Jackson's doctor for their facial "treatments."

I'm just speechless every time I see both of these pictures, do they believe that "hair" is attractive??  They spend a fortune on cosmetic surgery, but walk around with Angela level, dime store rats nests on their heads.  I've seen decades old dolls in my mom's attic with better hair.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:
On 3/2/2020 at 9:54 AM, Lesia said:

image.png.1dd122cd833388a4cb4cc9837e0842c1.png

Tell me this is not Darcy.

Spot on!  Except...the muppet's hair is in way better condition!

And Darcy has basketball boobs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Spot on!  Except...the muppet's hair is in way better condition!

And the eyelid surgery scars aren't as obvious.

She seems to be consumed by her outward appearance, yet Darcy is one of the worst blubbery-lipped ugly-criers that I have ever seen - does she watch the show and think she looks great while blubbering?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2
On 2/26/2020 at 9:30 AM, Cementhead said:

Holy Hell, The Sisters have hit the end of the road plastic surgery wall HARD.  And when Darcey did her little bit to introduce herself and said she was 45 (or was it 44?) , I almost fell off my couch.  And I am a regular watcher.  Because this has been a HARD year on her face.  The surgery has finally caught up with her and it's all downhill from here.

Lol, this comment aged like milk- who knew they could break through the wall and keep going even harder?

• LOL 1