Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Great Expectations

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

America would gladly sacrifice Lisa to Nigeria....no give backs, Nigeria!

These countries always give back our duds.  Looking at you Brazil!  What made you think we wanted Paul back?

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
(edited)

Hey Albania...give up Florian...he seems like a nice guy....a peacemaker in the chaotic vortex of the Silvas....

Tunisia...keep Zied...we have exceeded our quota of stunt men with big guts in yellow sweaters....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kid said:

Darcy and her sister look like blowup sex dolls,   bloated lips and bloated bewbs!!!  A collection of holes to penetrate.  

The Darcey and the Stacey Real Girl Dolls with articulating joints and limbs...  multiple entry and exit holes for your adult entertainment pleasure....Reenact your favorite scenes from 90 Day Fiance in the privacy of your home, trailer, garage apartment.....

Finally...a viable line of merchandise that will actually sell and make money for House Eleven instead of the slutty clothes  they "design."

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

That's my feeling, too. This "courtship" of Rosemarie is too natural for him. A four foot tall man who had not dated or had sex for three decades wouldn't be handling this nearly as well.

Her daughters' names are Scarlett and Silver (I think ) so it could be some stylization of that?

They're compression PANTS. Not LEGGINGS! (My son reminds me frequently 😆)

Also know as tights lol.

1 hour ago, Kid said:

Darcy and her sister look like blowup sex dolls,   bloated lips and bloated bewbs!!!  A collection of holes to penetrate.  

Or not.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

yes, that's probably the case. It still wouldn't surprise me if they were armed, though. Apparently Lisa is a prime kidnapping victim! 

Well what ransom could she afford and they certainly wouldn’t want her as a sex slave.

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I saw a recent headline that said a crew member for a show had been found shot and killed.  I can't find the story, but these situations....foreign and domestic can be scary.   It may have been someone scouting locations for Narcos: Mexico.....

I was never more scared for a camera crew than during Ben's scenes when you could see that they were in a remote area and it seemed like the entire town was just loitering near the house. 

Akyinis family already seemed scammy, she was acting super weird, the plans were always changing at the last minute, and they were so outnumbered.  And it was dark too.  

But I'm convinced that the presense of the camera crew is want saved Jenny from being assaulted since she decided that it was okay to go traipsing about at night after being told how dangerous it was. I remember the footage from that scene and thinking that there were only a few women on the streets and all but one of them was accompanied by a man. 

And the famous Pole machete attack.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

The Darcey and the Stacey Real Girl Dolls with articulating joints and limbs...  multiple entry and exit holes for your adult entertainment pleasure....Reenact your favorite scenes from 90 Day Fiance in the privacy of your home, trailer, garage apartment.....

Finally...a viable line of merchandise that will actually sell and make money for House Eleven instead of the slutty clothes  they "design."

The giant bug eyeglasses protect the realistic eyes from collateral splashing.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Karra, YoLa's daughter rolled her eyes so hard they fell out of her head and rolled around the AirBnB when her stupendously naive mother was trying to find where to fly...

Things definitely got a whole lot stupider with Yolandas. Talk about desperation, tunnel vision, and just all around lack of common sense. As other people have said about her voice, it sounds like she's from Baltimore or that area, it's a distinct accent. Apparently when Yolandas lost all that weight, she lost brain cells too. Actually no that's not true, she was a criminal's ride or die wife before he passed. It's bad enough that Yolandas seemingly doesn't realize "her man" does not have a dreamy British accent, isn't in love with her, is trying to scam her, and clearly knows nothing about the London or Manchester areas. What's even worse is that she disregards anything her kids say that might be "negative" about the situation. Talk about a big slap in the face for her kids. 

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Apparently Lisa is a prime kidnapping victim!

Be my guest. Sorry not sorry. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 2/25/2020 at 7:43 PM, RealReality said:

LMAO at Darcy thinking that dress is classy.

Is this desperation what passes for female empowerment now?

JFC!  Stacey looks HORRIBLE, like shockingly bad.  What the hell!

And who wants to see a couple of older women model sexy bridal dresses....shows how much fashions sense they have.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 2/27/2020 at 6:06 AM, RealReality said:

So much this. 

I wouldn't even expect a reasonable looking woman in Ed's age range to be interested.  Not just for the obvious reasons, but he also managed to cheat on what appeared to be a slender, normal sized woman before the two year mark. 

But everyone assumes a young, pretty, slim girl is really pining for Ed?  Or ceasar?  Why?  

I don't think too many think young slim pretty girls are pining for these guys, more so they are looking for a way out of poverty.

Edited by endure
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Correct.  What they don't get is that eventually they will have to go back to some type of reality, that's when most of those relationships will implode.  That's why Yolanda seems to be so dumb, she's fixated on this good looking man being interested in her.  

Lots of people think that if they go out with or marry a "hottie" people will think more of them, they will have more value.  "If I'm with an average person, what will people think of ME?"

Also, why do people here have issues with tattoos?  Is it a generational thing?

The tattoo thing is hard for me to wrap my head around, too. It's not like these people are piercing their vulvas or having their teeth sharpened to look like the vampires they think they are. I love tattoos. To me they're works of art if they're good, though I will gladly snark on the bad ones. I remember when I first saw my elderly, Pentecostal Holiness grandma's tattoo. It said "true love". She died at age 96 in 2001. I don't even get the price thing, to be honest. There's plenty of designs for less than $100. Some of these people have spent 20 times that amount just sending "gifts' to their foreign soulmate. Most of my money goes to my kids, but once I've paid the bills I do occasionally treat myself to a new outfit, the cinema, a massage...

Considering what we've seen of these bozos, body art is the least of their problems...

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, endure said:

And who wants to see a couple of older women model sexy bridal dresses....shows how much fashions sense they have.

I don't mind the age thing. I'm fine with seeing "mature" women model wedding dressing. But egads those dresses! Somewhere out there someone directing the sequel to SHOWGIRLS just realized that a box of costumes went missing...

That whole scene was weird. "Hi, we don't want to buy anything, we just want to look at all your dresses so that we can go back to our"design studio" and rip them off."

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I don't mind the age thing. I'm fine with seeing "mature" women model wedding dressing. But egads those dresses! Somewhere out there someone directing the sequel to SHOWGIRLS just realized that a box of costumes went missing...

That whole scene was weird. "Hi, we don't want to buy anything, we just want to look at all your dresses so that we can go back to our"design studio" and rip them off."

They will change the buttons and call them originals.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I said the same thing when it was happening!  Great!  Take my time to try on dresses, not just for fun but to rip off our designs?  No.  When I was trying on dresses a few years ago there were clear signs that only the bride is to try them on, not her friends.  And I agree  - what a waste of time for everyone!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
because gun and fun are different words
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

I'm getting a Muriel's Wedding vibe from Darcy. There's no design whatever in the works. She just goes from shop to shop to model wedding dresses and dream.

I love that movie...OMG, they are totally playing out that plot!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

The tattoo thing is hard for me to wrap my head around, too. It's not like these people are piercing their vulvas or having their teeth sharpened to look like the vampires they think they are. I love tattoos.

I can't say that I love them, but I am not hating on them.  And to whoever said upthread "Hey maybe Avery got them pre-kids" -that is fair.  What did bug me is when Rebecca was told to cover them up and nope, she was above those pesky little things called cultural norms.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I can't say that I love them, but I am not hating on them.  And to whoever said upthread "Hey maybe Avery got them pre-kids" -that is fair.  What did bug me is when Rebecca was told to cover them up and nope, she was above those pesky little things called cultural norms.

Wait, why does it matter when she got the tats?

I think the vast majority of women's tats look gross and ridiculous. But occasionally, I will see a woman w/ nice body art. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

I think the vast majority of women's tats look gross and ridiculous. But occasionally, I will see a woman w/ nice body art. 

Some people have no imagination and just think tattoos are edgy.  So they go with cliches like barbed wire around the biceps or a butterfly on the shoulder.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, endure said:

and how are sexy bridal dresses at all related to women's empowerment? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, magemaud said:

and how are sexy bridal dresses at all related to women's empowerment? 

Weddings seem kind of medieval in general.  The father giving away his property to the husband and all that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

I'm getting a Muriel's Wedding vibe from Darcy. There's no design whatever in the works. She just goes from shop to shop to model wedding dresses and dream.

Did you see the dreamy look in her eyes when the salesgirl mentioned "your first dance"? Then she sighed, "I'm a romantic..."

1 hour ago, Spike said:

So they go with cliches like barbed wire around the biceps or a butterfly on the shoulder.

Lisa has the barbed wire thing going on. I always thought that had something to do with being in prison? Or is that the teardrop cheek tat? Or both? Or neither? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 3/2/2020 at 1:46 PM, Colfrmb2 said:

Am I correct that Big Ed has 2jobs, one as a photographer and the other as an interior decorator?  Did you see the shots of his domicile?  Not sure what it is, a duplex or apartment, but not what I would call California style deco.  More like stalker style.  sorry, Big Ed.

I think Big Ed is actually an interior decorator and his hobby is photographer. But like having these ppl stay in air b n b's, photographer is more interesting and they went with that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
35 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I think Big Ed is actually an interior decorator and his hobby is photographer. But like having these ppl stay in air b n b's, photographer is more interesting and they went with that.

Yeah like Anna’s main job is not beekeeping.

• Love 4
On 3/2/2020 at 7:50 AM, calpurnia99 said:

Its bugging me Yolanda's accent and voice sound exactly like someone I've seen before. It must be from a reality show. Does anyone know? Probably not but it's driving me crazy. She  is so so so dumb.

And Ed this is my ONLY chance for love? A child bride from a very poor place? God how dumb are these people.

What about Sheree from RHOA. That's what I'm getting. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, evansmom10 said:

What about Sheree from RHOA. That's what I'm getting. 

Yes that must be it! I don't watch the chantelz family, some here said maybe that was it but maybe it's Sheree. Now I'm going to have to find a video of Sheree, kill me now!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I’m over a Big Ed getting indignant about being played when he’s lied and omitted so many things not to mention using his relative wealth and promise of a green card to entice someone who is young and above his pay grade in looks in the US. 

He’s a hypocrite and I hope she tells him to shove off before she sleeps with him but he’ll probably not tell her about his vasectomy plans until after. Eddie doesn’t have as much bargaining power as he thinks. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

Because, for me, I do not want to hear of "I am a single mom trying to make ends meet" while she has laid out some money for tattoos.  My point was:  If she got them pre kids, fair enough.  If she got them and chose to get tattoos rather than food and then complain she is poor, that is my issue. 

But truly?  Avery bugs me so much that she could be the tattooed lady at the carnival or no tats in sight....she still annoys me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 3/2/2020 at 9:47 AM, AnnMarie17 said:

Dayum....the Silva sista's faces ....what a blow they have been dealt! 

An eye-watering overuse of fillers and silicone and spray tan and giant fake eyelashes and bleach and extensions and leather and Lycra and stilettos and SWEET BABY JESUS this is what I am HERE FOR! I have been on the couch, in pajamas, with tissue up my nose, fighting a hella cold all weekend, but I feel like a BEAUTY QUEEN after looking at these two fools.  Oh, thank you Silva sistas, you have MADE MY DAY.  Never change (which is ironic, because your nonstop need to change is the best gift ever)! 

OMG, the "What a blow" comment never gets old!  I need to make a t-shirt with that and see how many 90 day F fans notice!  So funny.

I love the Silva sisters.  They fascinate me!  Reality TV gold!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 3/2/2020 at 4:17 AM, InternetToughGuy said:

Lisa is pretty gross in my worthless opinion; a fun trainwreck to watch and write about, though I will inevitably empty my bank account for any female Primetimer user who like too many of my posts.

I read your entire(!) wall-o-text and found it very funny..but my watering eyes were begging for some paragraphs or linebreaks!  But you do you. 😁

PS I'm way too old for anyone to empty their bank account for...😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yeah, that's a whole other can of worms completely. I'm not Muslim, but I always cover my head with a scarf whenever I am around Muslims in a religious setting, just as I cover my shoulders when I enter the Vatican. That's showing cultural respect.

My issue wasn't with that, it was specifically the idea that Avery shouldn't have spent money on a tattoo, that she should've put that money towards her kids' college funds instead. The tats could've been a gift, could've been done at a discount, could've been done long before the kids. Furthermore, we don't know that she hasn't started savings for them yet. 

The idea that because a woman is a mother she shouldn't be getting anything for herself is an attitude I don't agree with. Your bills are paid, your kids' needs have been met-I see no problem in treating yourself to something you want. I feel like our culture puts a ton of pressure and guilt on mothers when it comes to these things. I'm a much better parent when I take care of me as well as my kids.

My big thing, though, is that there's already a ton of things to snark on with some of these fools-tattoos don't even make the top 5 for me. (Unless we're talking about Maci Bookout's dirty tissue tat on her shoulder. Because I am HERE for that.)

Edited by mamadrama
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
31 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I read your entire(!) wall-o-text and found it very funny..but my watering eyes were begging for some paragraphs or linebreaks!  But you do you. 😁

Frig, I had to type this all over again:

Bless you; despite my own one liners getting more attention than the walls of text, that doesn't dissuade me from spending so much time on them. I can space them out better next time, it's just that since I doubt anyone watches the show while reading my post or has a good enough memory to recall every single thing that I am referring to, I wouldn't want to add further confusion by spacing out text when I'm still talking about the same person/couple - I'll figure it out next time.

I have no qualms in you emptying your pension for me in case you want a muscular shirtless grandson mowing your lawn and rolling out on a wheeled board from underneath your car - of course if the arrangement were expected to go any further than that, I would constantly be feigning headaches and long days at work while rubbing my temples 🤒

Edited by InternetToughGuy
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Same here. Nobody is going to empty their bank account for me, either.

Also agree that on small white screens I need those line and paragraph breaks. My eyes can't even focus on walls of text. Sometimes I have to pass them by and I hate to do that-I don't want to miss anything!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

lol watching the first part of of the next ep.  Things are not going to be smooth in Nigeria!  😂

So you're saying that the Brazilian didn't even last the entire plane ride?  

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Some people have no imagination and just think tattoos are edgy.  So they go with cliches like barbed wire around the biceps or a butterfly on the shoulder.  

I honestly thought Avery's arm tattoo said "Stu"

Which, could potentially be regrettable.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, RealReality said:

So you're saying that the Brazilian didn't even last the entire plane ride?  

I honestly thought Avery's arm tattoo said "Stu"

Which, could potentially be regrettable.  

Or "regrattable." (Thank you Meet the Millers)

• LOL 4
On 2/26/2020 at 12:23 PM, greekmom said:

TLC needs to stop funding Darcy and Stacey.  Darcy needs rehab and both need to stop the plastic surgery.

I hope TLC shows not only Lisa buying a live goat by that they serve it for dinner the next night. Please TLC make this happen. I want to see the horror on her face.

Lisa has probably eaten every variety of roadkill available. In fact, she has the air of having hunted and butchered her own meat to me. Lisa will probably gut the damn thing. 

• Love 2

Could you all please help me outI thought I had watched all the train wrecks involved with this show but somehow I have missed "the blows we've been dealt" reference. I laugh anyway but would love to know where it came from.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

My issue wasn't with that, it was specifically the idea that Avery shouldn't have spent money on a tattoo, that she should've put that money towards her kids' college funds instead. The tats could've been a gift, could've been done at a discount, could've been done long before the kids. Furthermore, we don't know that she hasn't started savings for them yet. 

The idea that because a woman is a mother she shouldn't be getting anything for herself is an attitude I don't agree with.

100% agree.  Men who are dads seem to (for the most part) spend money on boats, guns, snowmobiles, fishing, etc but a mom spend some $$ on herself?  Horrors!

• Love 12