Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

I don't think it's really going to matter who comes back into the house even if it's Hayden or Nicole. Neither of them walked out of the house blaming Cody or Derrick for their eviction and I doubt they've wised up in the jury house. They'd probably come back in and go right back to working with Derrick and Cody to get rid of Frankie or Zach. Which would be fine but it wouldn't change anything. Nobody seems interested in targeting Derrick.

I saw Hayden's post eviction chat with Jeff and he for sure blamed Cody and Derrick for the flip.  If I recall, Nicole also recognized it was Derrick and Cody, but she was more focused on targeting Christine.  I think once the jury house talks, they'll figure it out.  I hope.

• Love 2

That likely led to his comment about how people wouldn't be rooting for Donny if it was taking food out of their kids' mouths. In other words, "Wah. People should like me more!"

This quote is in reference to Derrick.  Here is my viewpoint on anyone going on a game show for months to try to straighten out their finances - You are already an idiot and does not deserve the money.  You could be making money at home by, oh I don't know, working a regular job.  Get your house in order!

my mother still says "Hidey Ho!"when answering the phone)

OMG I am so going to start doing this.

• Love 8

This happened yesterday, but I've been thinking about it. What does this even mean? Does Victoria never wash her own dishes?

Jokers 08/15/14 04:18 PM
Vic: okay, im gonna nap. Im exhausted.
Chris washing her dish.
Vic: how can you wash ANYTHING? It grosses me out. Ew.
Vic drops her dirty dish off on the counter and walks to the SR to look for more food in the fridge.

• Love 3
If he was really a mastermind he would be working with Donny as well. He seems to only be good at manipulating the easier HGs.

This is a very good point. Derrick has an excellent manipulation/mind control game going, but it's only working on the HGs who are in the bottom tier in terms of self-confidence, intelligence, strategy, emotional stability, etc., etc. Donny sees right through him, despite Derrick's attempts to snow him as he does the others. Even Frankie isn't under Derrick's spell. Fortunately for Derrick, most of the others are very easy to manipulate and it's pretty obvious which buttons one should push to get to them. It is impressive how much patience Derrick has, listening to everyone drone on and on about their problems and their point of view while he collects information and strategically drops little comments and suggestions.

• Love 2

My two cents: Derrick might be freaking out by the comment by production. But the tears with Victoria is all show. He's hoping for airtime on the primetime show and manipulate the viewers.

If the veto is used and Derrick goes up, it would be delicious. Derrick going would make for great TV. Frankie, other than Donny, is the only one that would take Derrick out. It should be pretty easy for anyone to put a bug in Frankie's ear and help him connect the dots.

• Love 2

Frankie made The Soup's clip of the week. They showed his overly dramatic reaction to winning the veto comp wearing the purple jersey and Joel said "Boy, the Ravens did not draft well this year."

• Love 17

How many careers is this for Caleb?

From Jokers:

Caleb tells Zach & Christine that he graduated w/ honors & has degrees in both criminal justice & sociology.

If this were true, it was a waste of time. You'd think there'd be some sort of sixth sense that Derrick's in law enforcement and he also wouldn't miss pretty much every clue as to how the other hamsters' minds work.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 1

I think Derrick knows what's up, and that's why he's upset. A couple of weeks back he observed that the Team America missions seemed to hint that they were boring, and this week he noticed that the crowd didn't seem too excited to watch him and Frankie win. After hearing production cheer for Donny, I think he's well aware that he's not making America very happy, and it seems like he really cares about that stuff.

Of course, the fact that he's not controlling the entire house at the moment is probably part of it too.

• Love 7

Donny is a smart cookie & it drives all the HH nuts. Too funny! It's interesting that all the evicted female HH practically cry when talking about. As far back as Pow & that was one week. I would like him to go further than Derrick just so it would drive Derrick up.a.wall. One question about, "Yay, Donny!" Who heard it? Did they all agree they heard it or did one tell all the rest? I remember that Derrick was outside for the one for Zach. That time he thought was cool & ran in (I think they were forced to) told everyone. This time he wasn't quite as happy because he thinks everyone loves Donny & not the other 6. Hysterical!

• Love 1

The thing that pissed me off about Shelly in her season was she rationalized stabbing Jeff in the back by saying "I'm fighting for my family! I'm fighting for my kid!" And it's a mantra she used over and over until she was voted out. However during her first weeks in the house she often talked about the secure sounding job she had which allowed her to go on extravagant business trips. She and her family were obviously doing more than fine. So her suddenly spouting that "fighting for my family" rhetoric struck me as more than a tad disingenuous.

I feel the same way about Derrick's "taking food out of my daughter's mouth" remarks. Derrick's a police sergeant. He even said to Victoria, and I'm paraphrasing here, "We're only in this to win a chunk of money. We're not going back out there to a life of poverty." I wish he'd can the "taking food out of my daughter's mouth" crap.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 7

How many careers is this for Caleb?

From Jokers:

Caleb tells Zach & Christine that he graduated w/ honors & has degrees in both criminal justice & sociology.

From where - the Derek Zoolander Center for Kids who Can't Read Good?

• Love 17

I think Derrick knows what's up, and that's why he's upset. A couple of weeks back he observed that the Team America missions seemed to hint that they were boring, and this week he noticed that the crowd didn't seem too excited to watch him and Frankie win. After hearing production cheer for Donny, I think he's well aware that he's not making America very happy, and it seems like he really cares about that stuff.

Of course, the fact that he's not controlling the entire house at the moment is probably part of it too.

I hope!! I didn't like Derrick thinking he can schmooze America too, when he talks to the camera.

So the Donny and Zach conversation this morning was pretty interesting. Donny seemed interested in starting an alliance with Zach and essentially told Zach that of the remaining HGs, Donny is least interested in targeting Zach. Zach didn't reveal too much but did tell Donny that he wouldn't put Donny up because "there are bigger fish to fry." When Donny asked Zach who the two biggest anti-Donny folks were in the house, Zach offered up Christine as the no. 1 anti-Donny and then said anyone between Cody/Caleb/Derrick/Frankie, didn't matter (I was a bit surprised Zach didn't try to throw Victoria under the bus). When Donny asked Zach who was in charge of the alliance, Zach said "Frankie for sure." I don't think he even mentioned Victoria.

This tells me that Zach's most definitely interested in a Caleb/Derrick/Cody/Zach final four and his targets, in order of preference, are Christine first, then Frankie, and Victoria. He likely thinks having Donny around will help his game whether he works with Donny directly or not which is true, for now: Donny is the biggest target because everyone else is dumb and isn't going to make a move until everyone in the alliance is in the Final 6 unless a miracle happens. Or a ZachAttack meltdown which happens, oh, every few hours it seems

Edited by ShutUpFlanders
  • Love 1

Caleb/Derrick/Cody/Zach was likely the moment Frankie started acting like an idiot.  It seemed from very early on it always going to be those 5 near the end and the only variable was going to be who fell out of the group first (Caleb and Zach being the ones most on the outside and alternating barely hanging on, before Frankie stuck his dick in a fan-blade, metaphorically I mean).

Nobody with breasts ever had a chance with this group, nor did any of the others around as floaters.

• Love 1

Finally, some good stuff!  Go Donny.  Zach would be a good ally for Donny, but he's clueless.

The way this season is going, he'll get evicted this week.

Cody or Caleb or going?  Very good.  Backdoor Derrick?  Much better.

Caleb's bio says he's 26 and joined the army right out of HS.  That should be around 2006, when they were taking almost anybody with a pulse.  Then they made the most of his talent and made him a prison guard.  In the desert.

• Love 3

Although Zach told Donny that Frankie, specifically, was the person calling the shots (when answering Donny's direct question) I truly believe Donny has Derrick's number.  Not to say he doesn't have everybody's number...but I'd like to think Donny might approach Frankie about backdooring Derrick.  Donny has nothing to lose by doing this and he/they could work together to cut the brains of the organization out of the game.  I'd actually pay to see this happen.  I swear.

• Love 1

Oh I agree. If he was really a mastermind he would be working with Donny as well. He seems to only be good at manipulating the easier HGs. I think he has Victoria convinced they are partners and that she has been an integral part of the game thus far. At one point she was asking why Zach was taking credit for getting Nicole out when she was the one who did it. I think Derrick manipulated her to think she convinced him to get out Nicole.

ETA: Jokers, 08/13/14 04:17 PM

Vic: "Why does Zach keep taking credit about Nicole being on the block instead of me?"

Derrick says because Zach's the one who was told the "Christine was going to get backdoored by Nicole" info and they knew he'd run and tell Christine. "He's a puppet. He's a f'ing puppet."

I just realized I was reading this wrong. I thought Victoria was taking credit for Nicole being on the block, but I think she meant he's taking credit for Nicole being on the block as opposed to Vic being on the block.

The only reason I can imagine that Caleb is still around is because they (or Derrick) see him as so dumb and ineffective that he is easily used and manipulated.

That can be said about Victoria, too. I think it's Derrick's plan to take one of them to the end.

Why do you think Devin left so soon? Derrick couldn't control him. And he's obviously he's intimidated by woman and that's why they all had to go, especially Amber. Christine is left because she's not really a girl and a snitch.

Now is the time in past seasons where the Derricks of the game are toast and BD. Probably not with these lemmings.

• Love 1

I don't think it's really going to matter who comes back into the house even if it's Hayden or Nicole. Neither of them walked out of the house blaming Cody or Derrick for their eviction and I doubt they've wised up in the jury house. They'd probably come back in and go right back to working with Derrick and Cody to get rid of Frankie or Zach. Which would be fine but it wouldn't change anything. Nobody seems interested in targeting Derrick.

Hayden said in his Jeff interview if he was allowed back in the game he would target Cody/Derrick.

• Love 3

If this were true, it was a waste of time. You'd think there'd be some sort of sixth sense that Derrick's in law enforcement and he also wouldn't miss pretty much every clue as to how the other hamsters' minds work.

With Caleb, it'd probably be his seventh sense since he's not sure if we have six or seven senses.  I don't think his seventh sense is capable of detecting how anybody's mind works (including his own), much less Derrick's duplicity.

• Love 2

Sometimes I wonder, after reading this thread, if Caleb is playing a very, very deep game where he's making all these preposterous announcements and does all these crazy things to gaslight all the other hamsters into keeping the obviously delusional crazy guy to the end for an amusing goat. Maybe he's playing a side game where he knows if he stays "interesting" and provides "good TV" then production and AG will work to keep him in the house as long as possible. But then I see him for myself when I watch one of the broadcast shows, and go "naaaaaahhh...." Seriously, I'm starting to think Beastmode Cowboy is just...really what we see on the label. Is there any buzz out there at all from his real world friends and family, or did he just sprout in a cave like a mushroom to go on this show? I can't remember, when he was HOH, who were his letters from? I'm starting to feel really sorry for the poor guy. He's just...pathetic.

His brother defends him on Twitter, but even he is confused about some of the more outlandish claims made by Caleb like when he claimed to have written that one song by a The Voice contestant. He has absolutely horrible social skills and doesn't seem to be able to get any sense of all when a person doesn't like him or wants him to shut up so I can't imagine that leading to many friendships. Being trapped in the Big Brother house with him must be torture, but imagine being deployed with him in Iraq? He must have driven everyone so crazy. He fascinates me though, and I think since Amber left he is less scary (I still can't believe the way he would watch her sleep). He really is so stupid he thinks everyone believes him. He makes me want to start a fast too since he got so cut up by not eating.

Caleb said he filmed a reality show pilot that was picked up but eventually dropped, has he given any more details? I hope it was about hunting!

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 1

My problem with Christine (aside from not liking her personality, her gameplay or her character) is that I can't figure out what she thinks is her path to F2.  Does she think she has an F2 deal with Derrick or Frankie?  I doubt that either of them plan to take her, although she wouldn't make a bad goat, having alienated so many jury members.  Does she expect to be sitting with Cody at the end?  If so, neither of them has shown any sign of a plan to get past Derrick and Frankie.  Just hang on and get lucky, I guess.  I will laugh when someone who is actually playing the game sends her to jury.

• Love 2

Caleb said he filmed a reality show pilot that was picked up but eventually dropped, has he given any more details? I hope it was about hunting!

Ah, wouldn't that be the one that some channel picked up, based on him and his brothers, kinda like Duck Dynasty? Of course, that particular channel decided they didn't want it and Discovery or some other big cable channel picked it up for five seasons, and then never aired it. Unless there's another show now. I wouldn't be surprised. Caleb is just that awesome.

He amuses me so much now post-Amber. He was probably just as ridiculous during Amber, but now that his focus is strictly on him and his amazing exploits, I can't get enough of him. 

• Love 1

From today's feeds:

Christine (to Cody, talking about the POV comp):  I can't wait to show you who's the boss. 

Cody:  I can't wait to let you know who daddy is.

Christine:  I'd like to know.

These two need to get off my screen.

• Love 1

I'm shocked that Donny is actually talking game today! He just told Frankie he wants to beat the best or be beaten by the best, should he make it to the end. He doesn't want to "set" there with a weak player, he would rather be next to Frankie because as a fan of the show he respects Frankie's game. Both talked a bit about winning BotB on their own and how it's good TV, and how both have had moments of being completely isolated. Frankie says he hasn't forgotten how everyone turned on him, but he has to act like everything is cool. It only lasted a few minutes but it was interesting.

From today's feeds:

Christine (to Cody, talking about the POV comp):  I can't wait to show you who's the boss. 

For some sick reason I like that they're making huge asses of themselves. Yes, go on you two, show us.

• Love 4

My problem with Christine (aside from not liking her personality, her gameplay or her character) is that I can't figure out what she thinks is her path to F2.

She doesn't even seem to be thinking that way.  I think after she got HOH, Zach was bargaining with her to stay safe.  He was basically begging for his life, and asked her what she wanted, and she said, a final FIVE deal.  Way to use your leverage, moron.  

• Love 2

Zach was supposedly a background actor in the new film Let's Be Cops. He can apparently be spotted at the :43 mark in this trailer but I can't manage to see him.

Edited by TimWil

My problem with Christine (aside from not liking her personality, her gameplay or her character) is that I can't figure out what she thinks is her path to F2. Does she think she has an F2 deal with Derrick or Frankie? I doubt that either of them plan to take her, although she wouldn't make a bad goat, having alienated so many jury members. Does she expect to be sitting with Cody at the end? If so, neither of them has shown any sign of a plan to get past Derrick and Frankie. Just hang on and get lucky, I guess. I will laugh when someone who is actually playing the game sends her to jury.

I think all she is thinking about is getting alone time with Cody -- now and after the show. That's her plan.

Can't wait to see her leave, too. And if Cody is the HOH to do it, then all the better.

• Love 1

From today's feeds:

I can't wait until Tim confronts them at the finale.

• Love 3

From today's feeds:

As a hetero man to a 'claims to be' fellow hetero man:  Of all the better and safer choices you've had since the game started, you want to show her who "Daddy" is!?!?   Like, that's literally seriously messed up beyond recognition, kid.

*replaying Cody punching himself over and over and over again in my mind*

I can't wait until Tim confronts them at the finale.

This, sooo much this.

• Love 2

I guess opposites attract because I wouldn't picture Cody & Christine together on a reality show or in real life as a couple. Of course, time will tell. I thought it was even weird when he was laying on Vitamins stomach & she was rubbing his hair over & over. He's good looking (it's the eyes) but he comes off to me as asexual. He doesn't seem like he wants to kiss them as much as he wants to be coddled. Granted, he probably gotten a lot of action with girls throwing themselves at him so I doubt he's too worried what I think. LOL! I'm still waiting for Christine's first exit interview & if anyone will mention it to her being, like, um, married & stuff & carrying on with Cody?! I'm sure she'll feign surprise & disgust. As she would say, "that's disgusting!!!!"

• Love 2

I'm loving Derrick's distress over the Go Donny comment too. It's so nice to see something not going Derrick's way for once. He's not handling it well at all. What a baby, one thing goes wrong and he can't take it.

Kinda like crying about being all alone and calling people in the house nitwits?

• Love 1

Yeah it looks like him but with maybe 10-20 more pounds. His face is a little doughy.

I don't think that's Zach.  He was thinner before the house (you can see on Instragram too) and he used to have long hair.  Also, if he had dialogue he would be in the IMDB credits, and he's not.

Really just want them to finish veto and get on with it.  There is the potential for 36 hours of legitimate strategy by more than just Derrick.

I think Donny isn't at all worldly, has not traveled far from home, and came into the house with a great attitude thinking he may be able to have an alliance with someone and is very disheartened that for some reason no one trusts him even thought he's given them no reason not to. He's far from home, has been for months now, with absolutely no one that likes or trusts him so I feel he deserves the right to cry over it. I think any one of us would feel that way if we were in the same situation. Derrick is simply crying because his game plan that was going entirely his way has been screwed up & he doesn't like it. He has people that listen to him & hang on every word he says as though it were gospel. I'm also sure that many of the others have called Donny worse names than "nitwit". Derrick is just stomping his feet & pissed because he may not get his way for once. 

• Love 13

And, I think Derrick isn't happy because he is (sorta) being outplayed by a county boy. He should have used his Double D alliance a lot better. He brushed Donny off to be with the young cool kids. Karma is a........

• Love 2

I agree that it is unfair to knock Derrick for crying while none of us were knocking Donny. Crying is fine to me in general. However, my issue is that Donny only started crying after repeated setbacks while Derrick has been sailing through the game and started crying at the first slight bump in the road. Had Donny started crying the first time he was put up back in Week 1 then I would have thought that that was weird, also. 

• Love 7

I think he just did extra work in the movie so he wouldn't have dialogue. He was most likely non union so he probably got $60 for the day (or night). I think quite a few HGs have done extra work. Wasn't Evel Dick in one of the Pirates movies?

I think Derrick is still grieving over his grandfather. At one point last night he was looking for his daughter's blanket-Frankie was sleeping on it and gave it to him. He draped it over his shoulder and picked up the framed photo of his wife and little girl. Why shouldn't he have cried a bit? He misses his family.

Edited by TimWil

Derrick is simply crying because his game plan that was going entirely his way has been screwed up & he doesn't like it. He has people that listen to him & hang on every word he says as though it were gospel. I'm also sure that many of the others have called Donny worse names than "nitwit". Derrick is just stomping his feet & pissed because he may not get his way for once.

AKA Amanda.

• Love 5