Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: Doubting Polygamy

• Start Topic

So all these years the Browns have been claiming that the Warren Jeffs version of  polygamy is an anomaly...not representative of real polygamists.  Then he (and shockingly his WIVES) trot out Kyle Henderson, who viciously beat his wife, while making their children watch.  And this asshole (Kyle, in this instance) says when asked about plural marriage, "Is there any other kind?".  My sister watched the interview his wife gave and it was horrible, the treatment she received.  Apparently, there was a trial and Kody came in as a character witness for Kyle.  Honest to God, no one deserves to be treated like that.  I'm sickened to my core.

• Love 13
On 2/24/2020 at 1:54 PM, JoannKBC said:

This is completely baffling to me. Robin and Meri are supposed to the sister wives who get along the best. Weren't they besties? 

That friendship sailed long ago. Which is actually really sad to me as I think it benefits Meri to have a friend.  But Robin appears to be miffed by Meri's turn of attitude. If I remember correctly I think Meri was the main one vouching for Robin to become the 4th wife. 

21 hours ago, Kellyee said:

And for all Janelle's love of the one house idea, wasn't she the one who left the family for 3 years with her kids because she couldn't stand it anymore?

Right!!? This is what I've been saying. it Baffles me. and then this episode she started to elude to it.. but then said she only 'thought' about leaving. 

Edited by Dmarie019
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

What does this mean?

I meant Robyn likes to re-write history. She didn’t write the book herself but acts like she did. It was nothing more than the same generic drivel written by a ghostwriter for a D-list celebrity. Also, that horrific drawing of her kids and Kody to make it seem like he is their biological father and has been there since birth. 

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

I live in Maine, which is the land of logging, and up here you would just call a logging company and they would come in, clear the lot, pay you for the timber, and be on their way. I don't know if there is a timber market down there or how that would work, though. Just depending on the situation, they could actually make a little money on it.

Enough to run utilities out and water out there?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:

To be fair, Kody is holding Meri's emotions hostage whilst he continues to punish her by withholding affection and any modicum of concern for her at all.

YES!!  Kody needs Meri to stay because of the show.  But he doesn't show any love for her and makes no effort to rehabilitate their relationship.  It's been almost 4 years and he doesn't show any affection towards her.  He does nothing to help her, ever.  Meri may have been cruel in the past but she seems to be trying now.  Not fair to keep holding the catfish against her while expecting her to grovel forever more.

• Love 16
51 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

I meant Robyn likes to re-write history. She didn’t write the book herself but acts like she did. It was nothing more than the same generic drivel written by a ghostwriter for a D-list celebrity. Also, that horrific drawing of her kids and Kody to make it seem like he is their biological father and has been there since birth. 

Don't forget she got her purity back in order to give it to the man that should have had it in the first place.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MakingBacon said:

I understand your meaning. I want to know what “horrific drawing” you are referring to. 

28 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

Not sure why they just can't put the house in front of the trees, why IN the trees?  And Maybe Meri did think she wanted that before but like she said, now she's actually in the trees and it's very dark. 

With this group, you are never allowed to change your mind.  Or change at all.  Ever.

You can't want something just for yourself, because it might impact the faaaaaamily.  They need to be honest and just admit they don't really care about family.  It's about protecting the brand and the TLC paycheck.

For the sake of discussion let's just say that Janelle saved her pennies and decided she wants to take a road trip to visit her children, both biological and bonus.  This would take awhile.  I'll say that further that she has enough money and time to do this.  A trip to visit kids with just her kids would be ok.  But let's just say she wanted to explore her interest in Native Americans and their history and culture.  So this will be part of this trip.  She has three other wives to babysit her husband.  He won't even notice she's gone.  Why would the family even care that she wants to learn more about Native Americans just because she wants to.  But to listen to them, it would affect the faaaaaamily.  They should be saying a wife who wants to do something to enrich just themselves could affect the brand.  

Meri did it smart and just started doing what she wants.  I say good for her.  Yeah she asked for help to buy the B&B. She didn't get it, but worked it out another way.  I think at some point all the wives will stop hearing angels singink (if they haven't already)  and will start looking for ways to spread their own wings.  

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

YES!!  Kody needs Meri to stay because of the show.  But he doesn't show any love for her and makes no effort to rehabilitate their relationship.  It's been almost 4 years and he doesn't show any affection towards her.  He does nothing to help her, ever.  Meri may have been cruel in the past but she seems to be trying now.  Not fair to keep holding the catfish against her while expecting her to grovel forever more.

If she chooses to believe that her eternity is to spend it with this horn-dog, joke of a man on some nebulous planet built just for them somewhere in the universe, then it's pretty difficult to feel much in the way of sympathy.  

I just have to scratch my head at the belief system they spew out every so often.  Discernment is sorely lacking in their world. 

At least this polygamy shit-show is exposing the reality of polygamy for what it is...a lose-lose situation for everyone involved.  

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Also, my memory is no doubt flawed but I seem to recall that the lots are within a protected area (forest wise) so they can't just cut trees down on a whim.  At least here, just because you own the real estate doesn't mean the owner gets to do whatever they want. 

My city has designated Heritage Trees (certain ages, species etc) and are very strict about what happens to them. Years ago one lady cut down a Heritage Tree in her front yard without permission because she wanted a fountain in that spot and the fracas that ensued...well, you'd think that the people who cut the tree down would've known the rules but I don't think she used professional help.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

I think they might find this plot of land as difficult to sell as they did the four homes in Vegas.  No doubt they will ask too much money for it, scaring off any potential buyers.

Yeah, that's why I was curious as to how long the land was on the market before the Brown family bought it. I would think that developers would've snatched it up long ago.

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I don't know if it would be enough for that, especially with four houses, but I'm just saying if they are free to clear cut and sell the timber, it wouldn't cost them anything, they could actually make some money. To give you an idea, I have 50 acres of woodland and had a forester come over a few years ago to give me an estimate just to have my threes thinned. I didn't want them to clear cut, just do a selective cutting, and (trying to remember - I haven't done it yet) I think the check to me would be about $12-15,000. Electricity can be expensive. Up here it's about $5,000 per pole to get power to a house. It's probably a lot more down there. Also, I'm assuming they don't have city water/sewer where they are, so they will most likely have drilled wells for each house and septic systems. It's going to be an expensive proposition building four houses. Also, do we even know that they are zoned to put four houses on that property? How much land is it?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LoneWolf said:

To be fair, Kody is holding Meri's emotions hostage whilst he continues to punish her by withholding affection and any modicum of concern for her at all.
Yeah, I know the 'she needs to take accountability and own up to cheating' arguments, but it was years ago, she was humiliated on a world stage, wrong or right she was desperately vulnerable for love after Kody insisted on divorce to marry Robyn, and....hasn't anyone else doubled down on a version of a story, even knowing deep down it wasn't the truth, in a lame attempt to save a little face? Even if it doesn't save face, it puts an emotional barrier between Meri's utter humiliation and her ability to engage others concerning that humiliation--intimates and strangers alike. I remember doubling down on a lie, knowing my dad knew it was a lie, and just not being able to admit my humiliated weakness. Granted, I was like twelve, but I do not take for granted than Meri or anyone else in this family has ever had emotional or interpersonal intelligence and growth beyond their stunted youth. 

Everything about this lifestyle is disgusting. Meri had (what she thought was) an emotional affair with an intention to meet this man, largely to fill the void Kody nurtured, especially after his giddy romance with Robyn. But he gets to sleep with four women, and even worse, take no responsibility for their emotional, personal, and relational wellbeing. Yet, Meri is the cheater?! I'm not saying what she did was okay. But I am saying it's understandable. Saying 'they knew what they were getting into' regarding polygamy is no argument--we go into things with hope and good intentions, and then we start to see things as they really are. And these women (the first three, anyway) simply do not have the emotional and relational skills to improve their lot quickly. I think it's encouraging that Christine is defending her preference to have her own house, and Meri seems to be trolling them this season a bit, but this was a long time coming. One last bit on the stupid catfish issue: I get why Mariah was angry and hurt by Meri, especially when she warned her. But, especially Miss Woke who wants a career in social work, needs to have a bit of empathy just on a human level. Was she ever or is she now angry at Kody's distain for her mother? Did she not see how hurt her mother was--devastated, actually-- when her father divorced her? Does she understand that her mother is surrounded by many children but only one is her own? How long is too long to punish someone? I say this as a person who has a very fraught and distant relationship with my own mother. There is hurt and damage that cannot be undone, and whilst I keep my emotional distance, I can have empathy for my mother's situations.  I don't let her in, but I don't punish her for what's passed. 
///rant. Mea culpa....I've held that in for awhile 😂 

Remember, it was Meri that offered the divorce and Kody gladly accepted it, but he didn't insist on it. And that was the beginning of the end. I think Meri put the offer in to look generous and selfless, and never in a million years thought the two love birds would accept such a huge gift. BUT, they did. So the moral of the story for Meri is, if you offer something, be prepared to give it. And as far as the catfish thing goes, I really think if Meri had simply come clean with her family and the audience, she would have come across very well and been a VERY sympathetic character. Instead she kept lying to all of us, even though it was obvious what really happened, and people don't like BSers.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Yeahhhhhhhhhh..... but that's an assumption.  It's VERY possible that Robyn concocted this and Kody agreed - but KNOWING how the viewing audience was going to react, asked Meri to present it as her idea.  Just because they SHOW something on an episode doesn't mean that's how it went down.  So much of this show is scripted and planned.  Cameras and sound crews and the producer don't just happen to be there when kids announce pregnancies and engagements, when one of the wives finds out she has to move (and other wives JUST now find out about it on camera and gasp in shocked voices, "REALLY?") when someone's house sells, etc. etc.  And don't think for a New York minute that this family isn't well aware of how their viewers are going to react to certain scenarios.  Kody certainly had to know that the general monogamous public would be outraged over him divorcing Meri to marry Robyn - UNLESS it was HER idea.  I just don't know if I'm buying that.

I'm just going by what we see on the show and what people here dig up. Not that your theory isn't believable, but do you really think Meri would let them bully her into a divorce? I could see something like Robyn planting a seed about how her children are in danger because she's not legally married to Kody. In fact, I think that's exactly what happened. I don't think Meri would have even thought of it if someone didn't suggest it in some sneaky, underhanded fashion.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

I'm just going by what we see on the show and what people here dig up. Not that your theory isn't believable, but do you really think Meri would let them bully her into a divorce? I could see something like Robyn planting a seed about how her children are in danger because she's not legally married to Kody. In fact, I think that's exactly what happened. I don't think Meri would have even thought of it if someone didn't suggest it in some sneaky, underhanded fashion.

I honestly don't know what the truth is.  It's possible Meri suggested it - but this is a woman who FRAMED her marriage license and hung it on the wall... and then cried and cried and was obviously miserable even weeks later when the scenario was reenacted for the cameras.  This was back when Meri really DID seem to love Kody.  I think Meri loves kids and if it was suggested to her - she would go along with it for the children's sake.  But it was really bizarre anyway, since right afterwards Robyn sent the kids to stay with their dad (who now was no longer legally their father) for TWO weeks.  Supposedly he was bad about child support and bad about visitation.. and these weren't little kids - they were all teens or preteens, weren't they? (I honestly don't remember now.)  I highly doubt this ex would have swooped in had Robyn suddenly croaked, as he seems to not want the responsibility involved.  No matter though... it can only ever be speculation on our part since the real truth may never come out.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

I don't know about bullying... Robyn is too smart for that,,,

Robyn offered to have a baby for Meri.... she's always working an angle.

I don't think she had any intention of carrying a baby for Meri but what a great way to make someone feel indebted to you.... like divorcing Kody to protect Robyn's kids... how can Meri refuse...

Robyn always gets her way in the end, yet these nitwits keep thinking it was their own idea.

Edited by Joan of Argh
spellingK
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

I completely forgot about that thing. So creepy. lol

So asinine!  Kody CLEARLY wasn't there when the kids were that little, he's NOT their biological father no matter how much Robyn pretends he is - and what kid does a stupid "thumbs up" like that?  Like... "Thumbs up - this is our dad!"   Robyn's a fruitcake.

1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

Robyn offered to have a baby for Meri.... she's always working an angle.

I don't think she had any intention of carrying a baby for Meri but what a great way to make someone feel indebted to you....

Or to look 'Oh-so-wonderful" for the cameras!  So generous!  So giving and kind!   I agree.  It would NEVER have happened.  And if it did - OMG the strings attached!!  I'm sure Robyn would NEVER have given the baby to Meri, and Kody backs Robyn on everything!

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Not sure why they just can't put the house in front of the trees, why IN the trees?  And Maybe Meri did think she wanted that before but like she said, now she's actually in the trees and it's very dark. 

Christine is so obsessed about privacy, put her dumb ass in the trees. Problem solved

• LOL 17
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

Yeah, I know the 'she needs to take accountability and own up to cheating' arguments, but it was years ago, she was humiliated on a world stage, wrong or right she was desperately vulnerable for love after Kody insisted on divorce to marry Robyn, and....hasn't anyone else doubled down on a version of a story, even knowing deep down it wasn't the truth, in a lame attempt to save a little face? Even if it doesn't save face, it puts an emotional barrier between Meri's utter humiliation and her ability to engage others concerning that humiliation--intimates and strangers alike. I remember doubling down on a lie, knowing my dad knew it was a lie, and just not being able to admit my humiliated weakness. Granted, I was like twelve, but I do not take for granted than Meri or anyone else in this family has ever had emotional or interpersonal intelligence and growth beyond their stunted youth. 

Everything about this lifestyle is disgusting. Meri had (what she thought was) an emotional affair with an intention to meet this man, largely to fill the void Kody nurtured, especially after his giddy romance with Robyn. But he gets to sleep with four women, and even worse, take no responsibility for their emotional, personal, and relational wellbeing. Yet, Meri is the cheater?! I'm not saying what she did was okay. But I am saying it's understandable. Saying 'they knew what they were getting into' regarding polygamy is no argument--we go into things with hope and good intentions, and then we start to see things as they really are. And these women (the first three, anyway) simply do not have the emotional and relational skills to improve their lot quickly. I think it's encouraging that Christine is defending her preference to have her own house, and Meri seems to be trolling them this season a bit, but this was a long time coming. One last bit on the stupid catfish issue: I get why Mariah was angry and hurt by Meri, especially when she warned her. But, especially Miss Woke who wants a career in social work, needs to have a bit of empathy just on a human level. Was she ever or is she now angry at Kody's distain for her mother? Did she not see how hurt her mother was--devastated, actually-- when her father divorced her? Does she understand that her mother is surrounded by many children but only one is her own? How long is too long to punish someone? I say this as a person who has a very fraught and distant relationship with my own mother. There is hurt and damage that cannot be undone, and whilst I keep my emotional distance, I can have empathy for my mother's situations.  I don't let her in, but I don't punish her for what's passed. 
///rant. Mea culpa....I've held that in for awhile 😂 

I'm not a Meri fan, but, I do agree that at some point, you have to move on, if you think the person has any redeeming qualities.  If she had gotten a prison sentence for what she did, how long would it have been........?  Okay, so however long that is should be her sentence and either forgive and move on or determine her unworthy of forgiveness and set her free.  lol  Holding on to hurt is just nonproductive and actually eats you alive. So, I'm curious as to what Kody will do with her.  Maybe, they both are okay with each other, only not as spouses, but, are staying together on the show for the paycheck.  That would not surprise me at all.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5

I don't know if the Browns concocted this divorce and adoption story but I have real doubts that Meri thought this up on her own. I'll bet that Robyn whined and cried to Kody that if something happened to her their father would take the children. She probably kept this up until a light bulb went off in Kody's head. I can see him thinking if he and Robyn could only be married he would have a better chance of adopting the kids. But oh how could this happen?  I am quite sure he promised Meri that she would always be number one to him and spouted some BS about her place in the afterlife. I remember Meri signing those divorce papers and she looked absolutely devastated. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I think they might find this plot of land as difficult to sell as they did the four homes in Vegas.  No doubt they will ask too much money for it, scaring off any potential buyers.

Well, they will claim they can hear "angels singingk" there, and anyone that doesn't get how special they are will be dubbed a hater.  If they rilly make money from selling the Prairie Dog Flats or whatever, it will just reaffirm to them how wonderful they are.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Meri is intentionally poking the others and I like it.  I'm hoping next week she throws a Meri-esque fit.  Hopefully it's really just to drive the others crazy and not a vintage "wet bar" moment.  I honestly don't think Meri has any intention of living on Coyote Pass. She's only there to get the check and have a little fun.

• Love 15

I still think they used the equity in the Vegas houses to buy the land and consequently didn't clear much at all on the sale of those homes since they'd have to pay back the HELOCs. 

I don't see how they had any equity in the Vegas houses. They didn't live there long enough to have made much of a dent in the loan principal (if they did at all - I think it's most likely that they had interest-only loans and sold before they payments went up to start paying down the principal). I believe they bought/built when real estate prices were high(er) and sold when the market was soft, so the houses didn't really appreciate much while they owned them. I don't think there was much money they took out of those homes.

I think that their whole financial structure is a house of cards... right at that point when Tiger runs into the Brady family room and knocks it over.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, SuzWhat said:

When Janelle was trying to find out if the new baby would be a girl or a boy I think she said she "did her time with Axel" then quickly walked it back.  Nice, grandma.  Nice.  

I noticed this too and was like "wut?" You know just why Janelle loved polygamy - she could have kids but didn't have to "do time" with them. Which we as astute viewers knew all along, but to have her say it so explicitly is funny!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I think that their whole financial structure is a house of cards... right at that point when Tiger runs into the Brady family room and knocks it over.

LOL, always love a Brady reference, and extra points for a Tiger mention. And I agree. Kody Brown, no matter how much money he makes, will never have a pot to piss in. They will always be looking for a way to shuffle things around and rob from Peter to pay Paul.

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:

I think you all are wonderful. 

I think you are wonderful, too LW! On the divorce topic, as we all know this was something they tried to do behind the scenes but a sleuthing viewer(s) dug it up, so then it had to be part of the show. That, to me, makes it seem obvious that they concocted the "it was Meri's idea" scenario. 

Did anyone notice that Meri offered to buy Kody an RV to live in on the Plague Prairie? Another way she is poking at them - and a nod to her comparative financial success. (From preying on others lower in the pyramid, nothing to be proud of.)

Edited by Teafortwo
spellingk
  • Love 21
20 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Did anyone notice that Meri offered to buy Kody an RV to live in on the Plague Prarie? Another way she is poking at them - and a nod to her comparative financial success. (From preying on others lower in the pyramid, nothing to be proud of.)

If Meri is financially stable, it's more likely due  to her squirreling away her equal share of the budget over the years. and not because of  Lularags.

• Love 3

Does anyone else find it strange that Kody never acknowledges or gives praise to Janelle for wanting the one home idea? 

In his talking head segments he just complains about his wives shooting down the idea, and his frustration with Christine and her bias tainting Robyn’s opinion on it.

Even when he was talking to his friend Kyle he said the wives killed the dream, not well Janelle was all for it, but the others not so much. 

She really is a non entity in Kodys segments. 

Oh and I fully believe the one wife Kody believes is all in with polygamy is Robyn. It looks like next week Kody gets mad on Robyns behalf cause she always puts her sister wives first and gets the short end of the stick. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

It looks like next week Kody gets mad on Robyns behalf cause she always puts her sister wives first and gets the short end of the stick. 

She has him so dazzled and confused, he'll never see straight again unless she dumps him.

• Love 6
On 2/23/2020 at 11:21 AM, Kyanight said:

I think he already did that.

So Kody says to Janelle, “I heard you went on a 10 day trip...do you have something to tell me?” (He was talking about the sex of Maddie’s baby.) How is that a marriage of your spouse went on a 10 day trip and you found out later?? What a shit show this is...hate Robyn more every time I see her...

• Love 9

That friendship sailed long ago. Which is actually really sad to me as I think it benefits Meri to have a friend.  But Robin appears to be miffed by Meri's turn of attitude. If I remember correctly I think Meri was the main one vouching for Robin to become the 4th wife. 

Meri courted Robyn to join the family so she could stick it to Christine, who she knew would be jealous about being replaced as the newest and youngest wife. I think it backfired on her.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Meri courted Robyn to join the family so she could stick it to Christine, who she knew would be jealous about being replaced as the newest and youngest wife. I think it backfired on her.

But Kody had been married to Christine for YEARS by this time - right? I tried to google it to see when each wife joined Kody, but couldn't find it. Although I'm not that great of an internet sleuth.  I thought that each of the three wives had been with Kody for a number of years and children by this time.  Christine had her LAST child (Truely) when Kody was courting Robyn - so her body had been through the baby mill a number of times and she wasn't THAT young.  I just don't see this motive for Meri at all, although I know that some fans who don't like Meri believe that.   When the show started it seemed to me that Meri was firmly number one - not Christine.  It is SAID that Meri found Robyn - but how do we even know if that is true - or is that the STORY they are saying because TLC knew the public would never accept this family if Kody was being a hound dog and trolling for another wife - ESPECIALLY when one of his wives was pregnant?  But if one of his WIVES... and his FIRST wife at that - were to introduce another woman to him... THEN it becomes acceptable.   It's VERY possible that Kody spotted Robyn at some get-together or gathering and was infatuated and decided a fourth wife might be nice.

Christine CERTAINLY did not get much attention from Kody - who barely noticed her as she gave birth to Truely.  That doesn't seem like she was a favorite to me.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I believe I’ve previously posted this somewhere:

158F5CE4-47E1-4527-8BA3-BAC80A23834F.jpeg

Wait - they were out for a DRIVE?  How do you meet someone when you are out for a drive?  Kody saw Robyn walking on the sidewalk (because you can see her chin from the space station) and his tongue fell out of his mouth and he just "knew" that this was wife # 4?

• LOL 16
  • Love 4

Aspyn was 15 when Truely was born, so Christine and Kody would have been married about 16 years when Kody was acourting Robyn.  I too feel that they were probably settled in with what they felt was their family structure.

Until........

Word got out that TLC was looking for a suitable family to represent a positive side to polygamy and Kody and Kompany brainstormed how to make their family stand out for the coveted role.  Eureka!  An idea was born, 'let's look for a suitable new wife candidate, someone desperate enough to overlook the frictions that exist in our family'.  They came to know Robyn, who despite the fact that she came with the baggage of 3 children and a VS overdue account, had the potential to rewrite their history and write a NYT best seller.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

The book says Robyn first saw/noticed Kody at church (and vice versa apparently) then later were introduced at her cousin's house. So technically yes, Meri and Kody were out for a drive but it seems as though Kody had ulterior motives ie looking for an introduction. So the intent of the drive (for Kody) was to meet Robyn whom he'd seen at church.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

So Robyn always gets the short end of the stick? Well that stick had a million $ home sitting at the end of it. Now we know why she was so pissed at the idea of reducing the price of her home. She kept saying Kody promised that they would be taking equity out of the homes when they were sold. She wanted that money to buy her a nice house for herself and her children. It was never going to be family money. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Every week I pray for an uprising. 

I picture The Hunger Games, with Meri playing the role of Katniss Everdeen, ready to burn down the Capital and everyone in it.

18 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Well, you see....trees are complicated.  Too many trees make a wall, and when walls are up, you cannot safely fill your fillings.  So to put your house IN the trees would be counterproductive to healthy relationships and a space to be free to dill with your fillings.  But if you put your house just on the outskirts of the trees, the walls are not as noticeable and you can fill safe within your partial walls and safely set your boundaries

Silly monogamists....we will never understand.

17 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

AND YET.....he throws her an occasional bone (ew, sorry) like asking her to stay late after class to bounce his stupid ideas off of her, as she's a "captive audience."  He's just as evil as Robyn - he wants nothing to do with her, but he feeds her just enough attention so that she sticks around and keeps the show on the air.  I'm no Meri fan, but in this case he's playing with fire because Meri is the only wife who has the means to leave this sideshow behind, and Kody knows that he needs her.  It's all so twisted.

16 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don't think she had any intention of carrying a baby for Meri but what a great way to make someone feel indebted to you.... like divorcing Kody to protect Robyn's kids... how can Meri refuse...

As I read this, an ice-cold chill went straight down my spine.  It's as if Robyn - no, could it possibly be true? - had been plotting the divorce since she popped out King Sol, offering her fruitful womb in exchange for becoming the legal wife....it's as if, in her post-delivery haze, a fully-formed plot entered her mind and she began by sowing the seeds, so to speak.

I mean, this is a best-selling novel waiting to be written.  It's positively diabolical.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I believe I’ve previously posted this somewhere:

158F5CE4-47E1-4527-8BA3-BAC80A23834F.jpeg

Huh??  What was Robyn doing, walking the shoulder of the highway, holding up a sign saying "Looking To Be A Fourth Wife," dressed in Victoria's Secret garb?  I mean, if you're gonna lie about how you brought Robyn into the fahm'ly, at least make it somewhat believeable.

And I swear, in their book Robyn said that she met Kody and Meri at some church function, not walking the mean streets of Lehi.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 7
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I picture The Hunger Games, with Meri playing the role of Katniss Everdeen, ready to burn down the Capital and everyone in it.

Well, you see....trees are complicated.  Too many trees make a wall, and when walls are up, you cannot safely fill your fillings.  So to put your house IN the trees would be counterproductive to healthy relationships and a space to be free to dill with your fillings.  But if you put your house just on the outskirts of the trees, the walls are not as noticeable and you can fill safe within your partial walls and safely set your boundaries

Silly monogamists....we will never understand.

AND YET.....he throws her an occasional bone (ew, sorry) like asking her to stay late after class to bounce his stupid ideas off of her, as she's a "captive audience."  He's just as evil as Robyn - he wants nothing to do with her, but he feeds her just enough attention so that she sticks around and keeps the show on the air.  I'm no Meri fan, but in this case he's playing with fire because Meri is the only wife who has the means to leave this sideshow behind, and Kody knows that he needs her.  It's all so twisted.

As I read this, an ice-cold chill went straight down my spine.  It's as if Robyn - no, could it possibly be true? - had been plotting the divorce since she popped out King Sol, offering her fruitful womb in exchange for becoming the legal wife....it's as if, in her post-delivery haze, a fully-formed plot entered her mind and she began by sowing the seeds, so to speak.

I mean, this is a best-selling novel waiting to be written.  It's positively diabolical.

Huh??  What was Robyn doing, walking the shoulder of the highway, holding up a sign saying "Looking To Be A Fourth Wife," dressed in Victoria's Secret garb?  I mean, if you're gonna lie about how you brought Robyn into the fahm'ly, at least make it somewhat believeable.

And I swear, in their book Robyn said that she met Kody and Meri at some church function, not walking the mean streets of Lehi.

Meri said that they went over to a friend's house and Robyn was there. Then there was somthing about a church dance maybe and then Robyn sashaying back and forth in front of kody trying to get his attention at church. It's all so confusing.  I just read the book a few weeks ago but I can't remember all of the details. That's how impressed I was.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I think the most likely scenario on how they all met involved Robyn hearing some plyg gossip about that Kody Brown fella sniffing for a 4th wife in order to get himself a tee-vee show, and she managed to throw herself into his path until he noticed her.  But unlike Christine and nacho-gate, Robyn was skinny and probably told him that under her layers of modest clothing, she was wearing a matching VS set.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6