Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: Doubting Polygamy

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Employment does not mean you are not eligible for food stamps and Medicaid.  If they had quite a few children by that point and a low income (which is highly likely as they do not have the skills for a high paying job) then they could still have qualified for food stamps.  

Who has been anything BUT an asset since she contributes diddley squat to the family dynamics except greed and entitlement.

I guess with 6 dependent kids, Janelle would qualify as "working poor" and may have been eligible for some kind of aid.  With a government job, she would probably have her medical expenses covered by employer?  Another question...if Janelle was able to write off childcare expenses at income tax time, would Christine have to declare that as income when she filed her returns?

• Useful 4
22 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Janelle Brown: Doesn’t know her self-worth, but does know the tax code......and thus Kody’s perfect polygamy wife.

For Kody “perfect wife” = “least work for him”. 

Janelle + Adderall = “least work for Kody”.

So, I have to agree with you. It’s simple math!

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Janelle Brown: Doesn’t know her self-worth, but does know the tax code......and thus Kody’s perfect polygamy wife

Well thought out post, IP.  I think you are correct!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, Absolom said:

If the parent paying child support agrees to have it put in the divorce decree that they will assist with college education expenses, it can be.  It's difficult to collect if the paying parent decides to stop.  You have to go back to court as it isn't technically child support.  At least in this state, since the person is an adult no state agency will assist in collection.  The person is still legally an adult though and can still make their own decisions. 

In the Browns' case, most of the children wouldn't be affected since Kody isn't legally married except to Robyn and by the time her two with him are old enough for college, I have to wonder how much money will be left.

not here to debate child support laws - every state/situation  must be different.

My CS was through Court and settlement.  I had to appeal for an emancipation waiver, but it was immediately granted as the kids were in a 4 year college.

Im sure Kody Brown supports his kids. I dont think they have formal child support orders in place for the "non-legal" mom's kids.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

She expects nothing and gets less and Kody appreciate standards he can actually live up to.  

This is the most perfectly worded statement about the "marriage" of Kody and Janelle Brown that I have ever seen.  It should be immediately written on a vision board, mounted over Janelle's bathtub, and become her very own mission statement.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

She will live on a pantry of canned cabbage, finance the fuck out of the bookkeeping, is ok with just an obligatory birthday hump and honestly is just as happy lying on the bed they’re probably still financing from 4 years ago, while eating whatever rockstar ingredient was on sale at Sam’s Club this week.  

LOL.  This popped into my head a vision of Janelle parked dead center in front of the little demo display of something like hot dog appetizer wraps . . . not letting anyone else get to them.  And then a "Strife" post about the importance of budgeting for grocery expenses, and how to do it.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I still don't think that Janelle is as savvy financially as she appears to be, but other than that, I think you're spot on.

I agree, I just think she is, comparatively speaking.  I mean Robyn’s supposedly sleeping until noon, plus she’s probably too busy wiping eye boogers.  Christine just learned to write checks and pay a water bill a few years ago. Meri’s too busy drawing etch a sketch eyebrows, and I think Kody is hurriedly taking out his curlers before filming, so that leaves good old Janelle to figure out how to put in Mariah’s avocado toast, as both a childcare expense and a business deduction.  She’s no Warren Buffet(t), other than she appreciates his last name.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 16
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Normally, I might think he were talking about Robyn, when he said only one wife knows how to live polygamy, but I honestly think he means Janelle.  Robyn might be his favorite wife, and even there I think she’s slipped a bit. She’s 10 years younger than the rest, but looks the same age as they do,  40 pounds heavier than she was, and goiter growing bigger by the day. Jay Leno chin and Loretta Lynn hair still intact.  Is little aerosol can still sleeping with them?  If so, those VS sets  don’t matter as much.  I know Kody loves Robyn and Kody loves his kids, but Kody loves Kody the most. Robyn is better at finessing than the other wives, and the one thing I’ll give her is she does not budge on her kids.  She will uproot a mighty Sequoia or a family of about 15, if it stands in way of Day’un’s dream.  I really think Kody agreed to move because those loans were becoming due in Vegas.  The where may have been Robyn’s idea, but Kody’s moved about 8000 times before Robyn even came into the picture, so I do think that part was his idea because of finances.

The reason I say Janelle’s Kody’s version of the “polygamy” wife is because she will drop her children’s needs and wants on Kody’s word , live in a tent with no qualms, and happily be swayed by a prairie dog plagued pond.  She will live on a pantry of canned cabbage, finance the fuck out of the bookkeeping, is ok with just an obligatory birthday hump and honestly is just as happy lying on the bed they’re probably still financing from 4 years ago, while eating whatever rockstar ingredient was on sale at Sam’s Club this week.  She doesn’t mind staring at a wall instead of out a window when Kody roams the halls with other wives  in Kody’s Pologamy mansion including a He-shed.  She’ll be busy in her 100 sq ft closet typing up the latest edition of Strive.  She expects nothing and gets less and Kody appreciate standards he can actually live up to.  At worst, she’s not going to take his calls, but it doesn’t matter because he doesn’t really want to talk anyway. 

Kody knows Robyn will hold his feet to the flames, she I mean King Solomon and Aerosol Can deserve a 20000 sq ft house.  Christine has found her voice, which she uses not only to belt out songs somewhat poorly at weddings, but to express her displeasure to even her manly man.  Meanwhile, Meri’s sitting at home for Christian Bale dressed up as Batman to show up on her doorstep, so she can offer him a banana. This is UNACCEPTABLE to Kody.  This was not in the Polygamy for Dummies book, he checked out at his local library 30 years ago, which is really why they hightailed it out of Utah.  It wasn’t the cops after them, it was the library police trying to collect that overdue fine.  

But who’s there with lowered expectations?  Expectations, so low they might as well be a rug on the floor.....good old Janelle.  She might not be first or best, but she perfectly happy with a 2 for 1 coupon from Pizza Hut (Kody wasn’t going to eat anyway), while lounging in her recliner as Kody regales in that time he went to States for wrestling, while re-enacting his winning move with the sofa cushion, as Janelle pops in a handful of Tums preemptively (whether it’s because of the pizza or Kody nobody will ever know because Janelle is Kody’s perfect polygamist wife and she would never tell).

Seduced away from a brother-in-law, pawned off on a hot fudge sundae during Robyn’s nights, called up for duty on Tax day.....if you’re a part-time lover and full-time asshat, Janelle is the wife for you.  She doesn’t care if she’s drownding , she doesn’t demand mansions, and she uses fruit to get indigestion not lovers.  

Janelle Brown: Doesn’t know her self-worth, but does know the tax code......and thus Kody’s perfect polygamy wife.

F*ing brilliant!!!

• Love 8
On 2/27/2020 at 10:25 AM, Absolom said:

If the parent paying child support agrees to have it put in the divorce decree that they will assist with college education expenses, it can be.  It's difficult to collect if the paying parent decides to stop.  You have to go back to court as it isn't technically child support.  At least in this state, since the person is an adult no state agency will assist in collection.  The person is still legally an adult though and can still make their own decisions. 

In the Browns' case, most of the children wouldn't be affected since Kody isn't legally married except to Robyn and by the time her two with him are old enough for college, I have to wonder how much money will be left.

Whatever Truly has socked away.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 2/24/2020 at 7:05 AM, MV713 said:

If  kids are in college full time, you do not have to emancipate them until they graduate.

Helper is an apprentice, and that is a unioned position here in NY/NJ area as well as Im sure across US.  My ex was a helper when we got married in 92 and made approx 45-50K then as a helper, worked up the ranks in the union and now makes over 200K as a foreman.  

South Carolina is a right to work state.  So it is highly unlikely his helper job is unionized.  In right to work state pay is determined by the market, not union pay scales. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Desert Rat said:

South Carolina is a right to work state.  So it is highly unlikely his helper job is unionized.  In right to work state pay is determined by the market, not union pay scales. 

Arizona is also a right-to-work state, but we have unions for certain trades.  There is an Elevator Mechanics union, so there's an even chance that Caleb is in a union job.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Arizona is also a right-to-work state, but we have unions for certain trades.  There is an Elevator Mechanics union, so there's an even chance that Caleb is in a union job.  

Yeah, California too.  We have unions here but most people, i think, are regular non-union workers.

• Love 2
Just now, DakotaJustice said:

Yeah, California too.  We have unions here but most people, i think, are regular non-union workers.

The company I retired from (utility) had union employees who did electrical work.  I was never a union worker . . . but whatever benefits the union contracts stipulated were matched for non-union employees. 

When I retired, I retired under the terms of the contract that was in place when I was hired.  Pretty sweet deal - I'm 73, hubby is 78, and we both have Medicare for primary health coverage and BC/BS preferred for secondary.  We pay $0 for premiums on our BC/BS coverage.   

The contract is still good for new hires, but not as sweet as what we got.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Pretty sure they moved to North Carolina.

I'm sure you're right.  It's hard to pay attention, the show is so boring. The only reason I still watch the show is for the shots of Flagstaff and the San Francisco Peaks.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, aimlessbird said:

FIFTEEN KIDS!!!!!!!!!    (In 19 years!) ::::::::::::::thud:::::::::::::::::::     And *I thought eight kids was a herd!!    So where is that "first wife is HBIC" shit?   Squeaky wheel, people.   Squeaky wheel.  Marriage order doesn't mean SQUAT.

“Because I am his [Kyle’s] legal wife and I filed for divorce almost four years ago, he has physical custody of the children. Mostly because I do not have a place to have them come and live with me…while I was a stay-at-home mom giving him 15 kids in 19 years.”

Edited by Kyanight
Wanted to quote Kyle's wife
  • Love 7

Eight kids IS a herd.  Fifteen is something else, I can't even imagine.

I felt badly when I watched Nicole on the YouTube series, Polygamy:  What Love is This?  And some of her kids are siding with that piece of dogshit she was married to, which makes no sense to me at all.  What love is this, indeed. 😞

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Eight kids IS a herd.  Fifteen is something else, I can't even imagine.

I felt badly when I watched Nicole on the YouTube series, Polygamy:  What Love is This?  And some of her kids are siding with that piece of dogshit she was married to, which makes no sense to me at all.  What love is this, indeed. 😞

So strange that you should write this post.  I was JUST NOW wondering if her kids will side with her ex and I would bet you money that at least some of them will.

I went back and read that story again - he took his second wife in 2012 and she left him four years ago - which meant they lived together for four years.   I wonder how old her youngest children are now?  Maybe she can get them back sometime in the future... in the meantime... I hope she lives close enough to see them.  I would hate to see them brainwashed against her by their Dud and his second wife.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

FIFTEEN KIDS!!!!!!!!!    (In 19 years!) ::::::::::::::thud:::::::::::::::::::     And *I thought eight kids was a herd!!    So where is that "first wife is HBIC" shit?   Squeaky wheel, people.   Squeaky wheel.  Marriage order doesn't mean SQUAT.

“Because I am his [Kyle’s] legal wife and I filed for divorce almost four years ago, he has physical custody of the children. Mostly because I do not have a place to have them come and live with me…while I was a stay-at-home mom giving him 15 kids in 19 years.”

And started when SHE WAS 15!!!!!  That guy is a monster. 

3 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

And started when SHE WAS 15!!!!!  That guy is a monster. 

I want to give you a thumbs up, but not a heart and they don't have a thumbs up thingee to click.   He's a real creep in every sense of the word.

• Love 5
On 2/29/2020 at 6:16 AM, Desert Rat said:

He works at "Southern Elevator".... I don't know if they're unionized or not

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

He works at "Southern Elevator".... I don't know if they're unionized or not

According to their website, one of the reasons potential employees should work for Southern Elevator is "We provide an atmosphere where the (unionized) technicians feel a part of our entire family. You are not a number here, but a human being who is appreciated and cared for."

• Useful 3
On 2/25/2020 at 10:27 AM, Teri313 said:

I'm getting the feeling Flagstaff doesn't want the Browns there. This is the third wife to be booted from a rental, right? "Oh, we've decided to sell..." Yeah, right. I like Meri's first landlord - "The neighbors don't want you here. Please leave." Exactly, just say it like it is. And now we'll have to watch Robyn dry-cry for the next four episodes.

I'm doubling down now - Mary's new landlord is selling? Hahaha. Flagstaff does not want the Browns!

• LOL 6

Since this episode was called "Doubting Polygamy" I thought this would be a good place for my rant.  First we had Jim Jones, next Charles Manson, next David Koresh, following that, we had Warren Jeffs. and now Kody Brown.  I am definitely not saying that Kody was a serial killer or or mass murderer, but he does have his own little cult, the cult of Brown.  I am not accusing Kody of anything illegal but who knows what he or outside influences has harmed any one of his children, since he's now hanging out with a really bad dude.  A cult is considered any one who follows after a man, and puts their faith in that one man, and gives their lives for that one man.  That sure describes Kody Brown to a tee.  Enough said...

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Teri313 said:

I'm doubling down now - Mary's new landlord is selling? Hahaha. Flagstaff does not want the Browns!

Is Meri's large rental home she's been in for awhile now is up for sale so she has to move AGAIN? Maybe she should either buy a place or just rent a 2 bedroom apartment! She spends a lot of time traveling between her LLR stuff and her B&B, she really doesn't need the upkeep of a large house since she's the only one living there.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, kimaken said:

Is Meri's large rental home she's been in for awhile now is up for sale so she has to move AGAIN? Maybe she should either buy a place or just rent a 2 bedroom apartment! She spends a lot of time traveling between her LLR stuff and her B&B, she really doesn't need the upkeep of a large house since she's the only one living there.

Apartments are against their religion.    (Apparently.)

• LOL 10