Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E14: Lions and Tigers and Shade

• Start Topic

Cynthia and NeNe finally sit down to attempt to work through their differences. In an effort to reconcile, NeNe invites the ladies to a jungle themed brunch, but things do not go according to plan when some guests leave early while others show up unannounced.

Airdate 02.16.2020

For a mother, Cynthia seemed uncomfortable holding the baby.  At one point Cynthia was thrashing her arm around so much, Brooklyn started bouncing and smiling like she thought she was on an amusement park ride.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

2.5 hrs late and you bring the rest of the women? Girl Nene what is that? and to bitch that Kenya didn't stay more then 10 mins when you were almost 3 hrs late to ur own freaking event .... girl STOP 

And then acting like Porsha is SO LATE, thanks to the editors for showing she was only a few minutes later than Nene herself.

Seriously, did Nene tell the other ladies a different time?  How did she show up so late but suddenly all these other women appear in what looked like an empty restaurant?

• Love 15
1 minute ago, TexasGal said:

Seriously, did Nene tell the other ladies a different time?  How did she show up so late but suddenly all these other women appear in what looked like an empty restaurant?

There are only two explanations.  Either Nene told them an earlier time deliberately or this was a "scripted" reality thing.  That Kandi and Tanya didn't lose their minds at Nene showing up 2.5 hours late with a dozen other women who clearly knew the right time to come tells me that this was production setting their shooting schedules and wanting to film pre-lunch drama.

• Love 6

When Cynthia and Kenya got together to discuss cookie lady, did anyone pick up on the part that Cynthia “received” aka the part where Cynthia admitted fault?  Because a lot of it was Cynthia speaking harshly to Kenya (while holding her child, which isn’t a winning look), but Cynthia admitted she was messy about something in this situation, just before Kenya did a talking head and said she felt “set up.”  Kenya was 100% wrong when it came to cookie lady—I said that last week—but what part did Cynthia play that she admitted to?  I feel like Cynthia is always wading around in shit; she’s just not as obvious about it as Kenya.

Salsa in a wine glass should never be done again.  It looks like an old congealed Bloody Mary.  Nene, unknot your three for $5 Hanes t-shirt and put your stomach away, gross!  Also gross?  Cynthia and her fillers and her too thick eyelashes that are weighing her eyes down.  She looks like Janice now:

F81AC95E-005E-4CE8-9199-02C983D09686.png.9ee7247d4d6dc55552133121c4ae45bf.png

Wow, defensive much, Cynthia?  As soon as Nene starts saying specific things that she wants to discuss about your behavior, and especially about that “other side of Cynthia” that keeps coming up, you shut down the whole conversation to say you’re happy?  Could anything be less relevant?

Nene as The Victim was so hard to watch.  The tears, the yellow makeup, the length of the scene—it was so cringeworthy.  

Why wouldn’t Eva want to have her baby at eight months?  She was reminding me of Pam Halpert from The Office, who also didn’t want to go to the hospital.  I would just want the little one out of me.  And who got paid every time they said “Dr Jackie”?  Because that person is now rich.

What kind of leopard print were they wearing?  Was Kenya...a snow leopard?  Kandi was a zebra.  Nene claims to have these leopard brunches “all the time,” but the only evidence that this ever happened were pictures from one prior party.  Hmm...sounds a little bit contrived for the show, like a beatless breakfast or a slumber party where we air our grievances.  

I didn’t like the way they broke the fourth wall when Eva was trying to get out of the car.  It was so weird for Cynthia to just call out to ask if “someone” could help Eva, when they were supposed to be alone.  And then production zipped in to make sure it was just “a quick bathroom.”  Why did that make it to air?  Like...I don’t need to see how the sausage gets made.  It made the whole thing look very artificial and manufactured, and we’ve already seen Nene weeping for herself this episode.  Give us a rest.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Forrest Gump indeed.

Stupid is as stupid does. Cynthia KNOWS the damn cycle, but her dumb ass STILL chased after Nene, who was outside, prepping her cry face. WHYYYY, Cynthia?! I got so mad at both of them for that nonsense, Nene will never change.

LOL, it was mean of Porsha to shade Nene’s friends, but I still giggled.

Um, Kandi, do you think that was enough electric blue in your TH?

• Love 7

I swear, Nene is the epitome of the phrase, "She can dish it out but can't take it."  If you look that phrase up in the dictionary, you would see her moose face!  I love how Cynthia mirrored every accusation Nene threw at her, right back to her.  She just can't take it when someone treats her the way she's been treating people since the beginning of this show.  If I was Cynthia I wouldn't have fallen for her fake tears.  It's mighty funny she and Gregg joked about Cynthia bringing the tears and how Nene was going to ignore them, and lo and behold, Nene is the one crying crockadile tears.  I just wish Cynthia hadn't caved so easily.  I have zero f's to give for a crying Nene.  I think she realized nobody but Marlo would film with her, thus her apology tour.  Girl bye! 🙄

Edited by swankie
Grammar
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Nene as The Victim was so hard to watch.  The tears, the yellow makeup, the length of the scene—it was so cringeworthy.  

That was such BAD ACTING.  No wonder her so-called Hollywood career flopped and she had to come back crawling to HW.

It's been widely rumored that Ne-Ne will be the next OG to go.  The cast doesn't want to film with her and she has shown what a horror she is with production.  She is also way over paid, so it will an excuse for BRAVO to cut cost, which is one of the reasons Tamra was cut.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

but Cynthia admitted she was messy a

She admitted that she told Tanya about the convo with the Cookie Lady without telling Kenya so that she knew about it before Kenya tried to ambush her which is not really messy. Particularly when Kenya was dropping anvils about Cookie Lady in Toronto before the wif situation. 

• Love 8

So, nobody cares about Eva except for Cynthia and to a lesser degree Kandi? I actually felt bad for her when she started getting contractions and had to go to the hospital, then later on she calls Kandi to give her an update and Nene's all "I'm talking to Porsha." Damn Nene! Can she at least pretend to care about Eva's well-being? 

And Tania... I get it girl, you have a sunny disposition, but Eva is crying, clearly in pain, and Tania's all "OMG you're having a baby" with her frozen Jack Nicholson's Joker smile? I need to see some nuance to your personality Tania, I'm starting to believe you're just too aware of the camera. 

I still don't see Cynthia's "evil side", or at least I don't think she knows how to defend herself. When Nene tells her she gave 7 interviews badmouthing her, all Cynthia had to say was "I was responding to all the shit you have said about me in the past". Nene has said several times (before and after Cynthia's interviews) that Cynthia is boring, weak, sneaky, evil side, etc. Cynthia says she's a toxic friend and that's so bad she cries about it? Ok, sure. 

Edited by charliesan
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, charliesan said:

And Tania... I get it girl, you have a sunny disposition, but Eva is crying, clearly in pain, and Tania's all "OMG you're having a baby" with her frozen Jack Nicholson's Joker smile? I need to see some nuance to your personality Tania, I'm starting to believe you're just too aware of the camera. 

I agree 100 percent!  I'm sick of seeing her with her mouth open in f'ing fake awe all the time.  People like her are the fakest of the fake.  She's always grinning which bugs me because you can't tell when she's being real.  A little too giddy for my liking. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

I don’t think Tania knew how far along Eva was or that it was a serious situation. When she arrived the three were super calm, she helped Eva and comforted her but it was only later after they left was she able to ask what the doctor had said and Kandi responded that she said to get to the hospital immediately that she realized it was more of an emergency. 

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, charliesan said:

17 minutes ago, swankie said:

I agree 100 percent!  I'm sick of seeing her with her mouth open in f'ing fake awe all the time.  People like her are the fakest of the fake.  She's always grinning which bugs me because you can't tell when she's being real.  A little too giddy for my liking. 

Co-sign 100%. Something about her permanent cheshire grin rings false to me.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Why wouldn’t Eva want to have her baby at eight months?  She was reminding me of Pam Halpert from The Office, who also didn’t want to go to the hospital.  I would just want the little one out of me.  And who got paid every time they said “Dr Jackie”?  Because that person is now rich.

Hon, Eva's lips were all set for a good meal. If she's in labor it will be a long while before she gets a good meal. You know she was ready to lay out a long and detailed personal order.

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Hon, Eva's lips were all set for a good meal. If she's in labor it will be a long while before she gets a good meal. You know she was ready to lay out a long and detailed personal order.

I can relate to this so much.  My second child was born on memorial day and I went into labor at a cookout at my mom's.  She literally grabbed my plate out of my hands before I had a chance to take a bite and made my husband rush me to the hospital after she saw me wince a couple of times.  I was looking forward to that cookout for weeks. LOL!  So I know how Eva felt.  

And speaking of Eva, could Nene have shown any less concern for the girl going into labor early?  Damn Nene!  She didn't even want to be bothered with hearing her progress.  I guess she was a bit miffed that Eva took Cynthia away from her.  Just heartless!  smdh

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
On 2/16/2020 at 11:28 PM, charliesan said:

So, nobody cares about Eva except for Cynthia and to a lesser degree Kandi? I actually felt bad for her when she started getting contractions and had to go to the hospital, then later on she calls Kandi to give her an update and Nene's all "I'm talking to Porsha." Damn Nene! Can she at least pretend to care about Eva's well-being? 

I still don't see Cynthia's "evil side", or at least I don't think she knows how to defend herself. When Nene tells her she gave 7 interviews badmouthing her, all Cynthia had to say was "I was responding to all the shit you have said about me in the past". Nene has said several times (before and after Cynthia's interviews) that Cynthia is boring, weak, sneaky, evil side, etc. Cynthia says she's a toxic friend and that's so bad she cries about it? Ok, sure. 

Exactly! NeNe didn't just call Cynthia "weak" two months ago like the flashback scene showed. This has been going on for quite some time in seasons past. She *is* toxic. She drops the meanest, soul crunching nastiness at the drop of a pin. She can miss me with all her boohooing.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 18

And the Academy Award goes to.........Nene Leakes!!!

That crying scene outside the restaurant was so fake. I couldn't stop staring at the brown streaks of blush on Nene's face. Gotta hand it to her though, she had Cynthia eating out of the palm of her hand. Like she always does. Oh, and Nene, you are toxic, bitch. 

Eva going in to labor just as the camera's are rolling. Please. I'm so sick of seeing her pregnant. What's she going to do for a storyline next season? 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, swankie said:

I swear, Nene is the epitome of the phrase, "She can dish it out but can't take it."  If you look that phrase up in the dictionary, you would see her moose face!  I love how Cynthia mirrored every accusation Nene threw at her, right back to her.  She just can't take it when someone treats her the way she's been treating people since the beginning of this show.  If I was Cynthia I wouldn't have fallen for her fake tears.  It's mighty funny she and Gregg joked about Cynthia bringing the tears and how Nene was going to ignore them, and lo and behold, Nene is the one crying crockadile tears.  I just wish Cynthia hadn't caved so easily.  I have zero f's to give for a crying Nene.  I think she realized nobody but Marlo would film with her, thus her apology tour.  Girl bye! 🙄

Since I've been doing a rewatch, I noticed that Nene's always been an awful person.  It's just that in the earlier seasons, she was better at masking it as just "being funny".  But even back then, if someone didn't agree with her, was kissing her ass, wasn't fawning over her, she immediately started to tear them down.  Cynthia never said nasty things about Nene until after Nene started trashing her to Andy and anyone else with a camera or microphone who would listen.  And even then, nothing Cynthia said was nasty or "evil".  Bitch is a toxic ass friend - she only wants you as a friend if you are posted deep inside her ass.  And god forbid you have anything else going on that has nothing to do with her, fuck that, cause she don't care (i.e. Eva in the midst of labor, but Nene can't be bothered because she needs to school Portia on "sisterhood".)  I don't know who she thinks she's fooling because we all know she only invited all those other ladies so that she could show how lots of other people think she's a great friend and mentor and "sister."

tenor.gif

Cynthia is a better friend than me because I would not have chased her outside, and I certainly would not have offered her an apology for speaking the truth.  Hopefully Cynthia will tread lightly on this "rebuilding" effort, cause she's just setting herself up to get kicked again.

source.gif

• Love 22
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t think Tania knew how far along Eva was or that it was a serious situation. When she arrived the three were super calm, she helped Eva and comforted her but it was only later after they left was she able to ask what the doctor had said and Kandi responded that she said to get to the hospital immediately that she realized it was more of an emergency. 

I agree.  I think she was unaware of the possible medical emergency and just excited for Eva in the moment. 

I would also like to add that:

Cynthia drove Eva to the brunch, while Eva quietly was in pain, but enough that a producer helped her out of the car.  While Cynthia painted her face nonchalantly. Once Cynthia joined them inside, she realized it was a problem.

If there had been an ambulance outside and Tanya had been sunny, I would be giving her side eye.  But there wasn't. It was Cynthia taking her to a hospital--which comes off as normal and not an emergency.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Nene claims to have these leopard brunches “all the time,” but the only evidence that this ever happened were pictures from one prior party.  Hmm...sounds a little bit contrived for the show, like a beatless breakfast or a slumber party where we air our grievances.  

Reminds me of Sonja's claim on RHONY that she has these dinners every Wednesday that none of the other Housewives know about. I think these get-togethers are the "boyfriend at another school/Canada" of Housewives.

10 hours ago, charliesan said:

And Tania... I get it girl, you have a sunny disposition, but Eva is crying, clearly in pain, and Tania's all "OMG you're having a baby" with her frozen Jack Nicholson's Joker smile?

Yeah. I like that Tanya has a sunshiny personality, but sometimes her constant smile looks more like rictus. Congratulate Eva once her baby is born; if Eva is having contractions, either get help or get out of the way.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, swankie said:

Agree. I thought her weird big smile was off given how distressed Eva was when she got in the car to go to the hospital. Okay, Tania didn't know it was an emergency, but Eva was crying and not just from contractions. She was concerned because the baby was coming a month early. There's being concerned but happy for a friend having a baby and there's whatever weird thing Tania was trying to convey.

I was also getting super annoyed with her announcing each new arrival as they came up the stairs with some kind of look at me act out. And when she did a cheer when Nene finally deigned to appear? Such a suck up. And to Nene of all people. 

Oh and Nene not wearing an animal print to her own event? Kandi had that all exactly right. Wth? I'd have liked for Kenya to have stayed just so that Nene could have fumed about her also not wearing a animal print and having a bag that had the print. Nene would have had a fit.

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 10

Nene is jealous, quick to anger and lacks self awareness. It is way too much work being friends with her I could agree with that but I could co exist with her.  Kenya is TOXIC.  

And dear Jesus not that I ever stood a chance of that exclusive invite to your home so I pretty much have no filter. With that being said - Kenya baby look like Wanda Sykes.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3

I think my favorite part was when Kandi called Dr. Jackie who said she could walk them through delivering a baby. Kandi was like nope, Eva is going to the hospital.

Gee Kenya how blatantly obvious that you want to start some shit by leaving ten minutes after you arrive. I would not want to wait for Nene either, but Kenya is trying to hold on to that peach for dear life.

Nene you are a toxic friend and person. I was hoping Cynthia would not chase after Nene, but of course she did. 

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I think my favorite part was when Kandi called Dr. Jackie who said she could walk them through delivering a baby. Kandi was like nope, Eva is going to the hospital.

Gee Kenya how blatantly obvious that you want to start some shit by leaving ten minutes after you arrive. I would not want to wait for Nene either, but Kenya is trying to hold on to that peach for dear life.

Nene you are a toxic friend and person. I was hoping Cynthia would not chase after Nene, but of course she did. 

I think Kenya also left because there was no buffer between her and Tanya except for Kandi who didn't have much to say.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Nene is jealous, quick to anger and lacks self awareness. It is way too much work being friends with her I could agree with that but I could co exist with her.  Kenya is TOXIC.  

And dear Jesus not that I ever stood a chance of that exclusive invite to your home so I pretty much have no filter. With that being said - Kenya baby look like Wanda Sykes.

I don't like Nene, but I detest Kenya.  Kenya thinks her shit doesn't stink.  I feel sorry for her daughter.  I think that Kenya will stay on RHOA until she goes too far and really hurt someone.  She will do worse than what Phaedra did and hopefully she'll get cancelled and I'll never have to see her fake boobs and bad skin on my TV ever again.

WTF happened to Cynthia's face?  She looks like she went to the same plastic surgeon that fucked up Li'l Kim's face.  She's starting to look frog-like.

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Was that crying scene of Nene's her last ditch attempt to wiggle her way back in to the group and gain control of her Queen Bee status and start collecting those big checks again? Ain't gonna happen.  Especially with Kenya in the mix.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Was that crying scene of Nene's

With no tears.

Also, 2.5 hours late for her event? WTF is that? Brunch at 4:30? Then all these random women started pouring in at the same time?  Production at play?

In the brief appearance of Kenya at that animal brunch I really thought there was going to be a wardrobe malfunction with Kenya's top, it was holding on with a prayer.

Please tell Cynthia that a leopard does not change it's spots, if Mike has played around on every woman she has ever been with what makes her think he will stop with her?

Why does Nene think she is a relationship expert, talking about lifting others up and communicating effectively, Nene couldn't do it if her life depended on it.  

Shut up Marc.

6 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Reminds me of Sonja's claim on RHONY that she has these dinners every Wednesday that none of the other Housewives know about. I think these get-togethers are the "boyfriend at another school/Canada" of Housewives.

I believe these parties are the "George Glass," of parties.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

The Cynthia/Nene dynamic is so toxic and it is sad how Cynthia continues to let Nene manipulate her.  Why couldn't Nene just apologize for her behavior all she did was deflect distort and deny.  

Next week looks like it is going to be lit. Marc just cannot stand Kenya, he is being so nice to Nene and it seems like he is doing it to irritate Kenya, wow! Nene is loving how Marc rules the roost and Kenya is the submissive dutiful wife. No wonder Kenya is so frustrated and takes it out on everybody.

• Love 9

Anyone that shows up 2 1|2 hours late for an event clearly thinks their time is more valuable than others. Nene deserves all the shame that is surely coming her way. 

Greg can suck it with his shady comments about Cynthia. She was always caring and considerate towards Greg when he was fighting cancer. 

• Love 16
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 10:00 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Why wouldn’t Eva want to have her baby at eight months?  

They didn't say what week she was but if it was the beginning of 32, she'd be concerned because 8 weeks premature = certain incubation. as fetuses develop lungs last.  Week 36 is when the baby is cooked = no longer medically considered premature, but the *full* in full-term is at or beyond week 40.

19 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Also, 2.5 hours late for her event? WTF is that? Brunch at 4:30? Then all these random women started pouring in at the same time?  Production at play?

Nope.  Lol.  Every Sunday chef in America start clearing brunch dishes at 3pm.   That was linner.  I'm not mad at Porsha for her barely audible n'uh uh.   You want me to go deep in front of your fan club who was at table B before you got here?  Maam, no maam.  

19 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

In the brief appearance of Kenya at that animal brunch I really thought there was going to be a wardrobe malfunction with Kenya's top, it was holding on with a prayer.

Now we've arrived the secondary tier of reasons this chick infuriates me.  She insists on refusing to grant her bosom the proper amount of foundational support it requires.   In the kitchen, she was wearing a strapless top with that tank top.  Those of us in the double and triple letter community implore you Kenya.  Bish, spaghetti. straps. aint. talkin. to. us.  Getchu some Honorable Justice Mablean sports bras and/or the Walmart 3 for $7 thick strap tank and call it a day, damn!   That underarm/sideboob indent?  That's between me and the Amazon delivery driver, but youse on tv sis.   Issa no from me, dawg.

13 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Of course Nene didnt' wear animal print.  Her no wig party, she wore a wig.

She wore her hair, the only way we know is because her edges and kitchen (neck nape hair) were authentically stingy. 

Nene/Cynthia are truly codependent.  I don't think Cyn was trying to shut her down as much as demonstrate the laws of physics.  Equal and opposite reaction, we can do this all day.  There's something in Cynthia's past that hates the idea of abandonment even if the abandoner is abusive.   She's ok leaving, being left is another story.   

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 11:50 AM, Boofish said:

I was gone keep near the cross this week.   Guess we sharing a handbasket.  Damn you.  I can't unsee it.

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 9:35 PM, TexasGal said:

And then acting like Porsha is SO LATE, thanks to the editors for showing she was only a few minutes later than Nene herself.

So on the replay, I peeped that the randos all walked up with drinks in hand. I think they were sequestered at tables on the opposite side of the upper floor, then when Nene showed, they were allowed to come over to the grownup table. That's why Kandi was so shocked when they all appeared. They were actually there all the time.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

So on the replay, I peeped that the randos all walked up with drinks in hand. I think they were sequestered at tables on the opposite side of the upper floor, then when Nene showed, they were allowed to come over to the grownup table. That's why Kandi was so shocked when they all appeared. They were actually there all the time.

Like in a movie where these ninjas all pop out of nowhere and surround you...

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

Thanks that makes so much sense! 

I've officially given up hope that Nene will ever grow as a human being. Spending Wasting money on that life coach (which what? why not an actual therapist, psychologist?) , who probably just kisses her ass, is likely just a storyline to appear to be bettering herself. 

On 2/17/2020 at 11:50 AM, Boofish said:

giphy.gif

On 2/17/2020 at 12:40 PM, Neurochick said:

I don't like Nene, but I detest Kenya.  Kenya thinks her shit doesn't stink.  I feel sorry for her daughter.  I think that Kenya will stay on RHOA until she goes too far and really hurt someone.  She will do worse than what Phaedra did and hopefully she'll get cancelled and I'll never have to see her fake boobs and bad skin on my TV ever again.

tenor.gif

The worst news was when she was announced to return for this season. I kinda blame Nene for that.  Perhaps if Nene hadn't reacted so viscerally to Kenya during the s11 finale, Kenya likely wouldn't have received an invite back. Kenya is just as toxic as Nene and although she can act impulsive, she is still far more eloquent and crafty than Nene and hence more dangerous IMHO. 

Cynthia is just attracted to toxic people, which makes me wonder about her latest fiance. 

There needs to be a mass firing of the makeup artists on this show. Why does damn near everyone (with perhaps the exception of Kandi) have such a yellow tinge to their faces sometimes? Is this just an attempt to look golden that has gone awry? Cynthia, Nene and Porsha are the worst offenders. Cynthia with the bob blondish wig in her TH is the worst look she has ever sported. She legit looks like she has jaundice and she looks matronly and dated.  Pick a struggle!!!

Eva is beautiful but her lashes make me ragey!!! She is probably one of the few that could get away with little to no makeup and still be stunning but she does the most and looks ridiculous. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Eva is beautiful but her lashes make me ragey!!! She is probably one of the few that could get away with little to no makeup and still be stunning but she does the most and looks ridiculous. 

Her lashes look like someone broke off the ends of a plastic fork and glued them to her eyes. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 2