Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: Why Not One Home?

• Start Topic

Janelle moves once again to be closer to her sister wives; Kody won't give up his dream to live all under one roof, but the wives can't agree to do it.

That sound you hear is Kody beating a dead, plague-ridden prairie dog (no dead horse beating here).

Janelle must be the renter from hell to get kicked out of yet another home. No way did she move to be closer to Kody's baby mamas. Flagstaff isn't that big.

• LOL 6
  • Love 14

Sorry, I wont be snarking tonight. My future husband Dr. Michael  Hunter is back on Autopsy tonight,  followed by The Brady Bunch Behind Closed Doors. Ill be back tomorrow to snark about  Robyn sobbing, Kody's stupidity,  Christine 's hypocrisy, etc etc etc.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Janelle must be the renter from hell to get kicked out of yet another home. No way did she move to be closer to Kody's baby mamas. Flagstaff isn't that big.

Good Lord, I sure hope these people own stock in U-Haul.  🤪

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I wish one of these bozos would realistically talk about the impracticality of one house this size and expense. By the time it is built, Janelle, Meri and Christine will have one child at home (Truly). Robyn will have 3? (Can't keep her kids straight). When they lived in Lehi 10 years ago, a house like this made at least a little sense. Now, hell no.

• Love 23

Kody, as a little lightbulb illuminates over his blockhead: Well, what the wives REALLY don't want is to see me with ANOTHER wife. At all. That's what it's REALLY about.

Oh, my god.

And I thought that Meri was the one who cried based on her forum board title. Robyn is absolutely ridiculous. I've lost count at how many times she's started whine-crying. Ugh.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

I wish one of these bozos would realistically talk about the impracticality of one house this size and expense. By the time it is built, Janelle, Meri and Christine will have one child at home (Truly). Robyn will have 3? (Can't keep her kids straight). When they lived in Lehi 10 years ago, a house like this made at least a little sense. Now, hell no.

This is my thought every single time this comes up. A lot of their kids are already gone and most are at the age where it's only a few years max until they're out too. What the heck are they going to do with all of that space? Do they expect the kids to move back in with their families? Plus, bigger houses cost more in utilities and property taxes, which is easier to justify when you have a house full of kids, but not when they're all gone. He wants to build a giant house that will nearly empty in the very near future with just them, it doesn't make sense to me at all.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

I couldn't agree with you more. And also the concept of adult children coming home with the grandchildren every year for holidays is unrealistic. Some years they might want to go to the other grandparents' homes. Some years you might want to go see them. Some years they might want to spend their holiday at their own home. There is no guarantee they would all come there every year for every holiday.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

I couldn't agree with you more. And also the concept of adult children coming home with the grandchildren every year for holidays is unrealistic. Some years they might want to go to the other grandparents' homes. Some years you might want to go see them. Some years they might want to spend their holiday at their own home. There is no guarantee they would all come there every year for every holiday.

Absolutely.  And not everyone can get the week or even days off around Christmas.  
Christine wants her mom identity.  Most kids are grown, except Truely.  
And Meri pontificating about how they all needed each other in Lehi.  Yeah, no.  She was Legal Wife then and needed no one but her precious Mariah.  

• Love 10

When Kody was a young stud, impregnating two or three women at a time, he never envisioned that these women would some day be past “ breeding age” and might just want some semblance of independence and autonomy. Since Kody chooses to have all the benefits of polygamy while living a life in the 21st century, he is suddenly realizing that 4 wives and 23 kids is too much for one man. When that is a man with very little common sense who has moved that huge family so many times and with such abandon, that it would be hard to take any of his ideas seriously anymore. I think the wives have given up on him as a strong  or sensible leader.  And why is Robyn boo hooing about moving out of Vegas, when I thought they were moving to Flagstaff for Dayton?  If this show ends anytime soon, I fear that there will be at least 2 fewer wives.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

When Kody was a young stud, impregnating two or three women at a time, he never envisioned that these women would some day be past “ breeding age” and might just want some semblance of independence and autonomy. Since Kody chooses to have all the benefits of polygamy while living a life in the 21st century, he is suddenly realizing that 4 wives and 23 kids is too much for one man. When that is a man with very little common sense who has moved that huge family so many times and with such abandon, that it would be hard to take any of his ideas seriously anymore. I think the wives have given up on him as a strong  or sensible leader.  And why is Robyn boo hooing about moving out of Vegas, when I thought they were moving to Flagstaff for Dayton?  If this show ends anytime soon, I fear that there will be at least 2 fewer wives.

Yeah, we haven't seen Dayton much at all since he is supposedly in school.   Does anyone have any updates on the houses selling now?  Robyn's was closing in this episode but this is practically a year ago, right?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, suzywallis said:

Yeah, we haven't seen Dayton much at all since he is supposedly in school.   Does anyone have any updates on the houses selling now?  Robyn's was closing in this episode but this is practically a year ago, right?

Spoiler

All the Vegas houses are sold now

I keep forgetting which thread I'm in so I'm putting the answer in the spoiler.... So don't click if you don't want to know.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Spoiler
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

The episode ended with "They want to sell the house we're in." But I didn't catch who said that. Was it Robyn? Be still, my heart. Because did Kody already mention Janelle's second Flagstaff move when he was standing in the truck tabulating how they've been moving for 11 months?

Between the show timeline and reality timeline, I'm so confused. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, suomi said:

The episode ended with "They want to sell the house we're in." But I didn't catch who said that. Was it Robyn? Be still, my heart. Because did Kody already mention Janelle's second Flagstaff move when he was standing in the truck tabulating how they've been moving for 11 months?

Between the show timeline and reality timeline, I'm so confused. 

Yes, I think they actually said Robyn and Kody’s house. Do they refer to any of the other houses as his? These dumbasses. How much money have they wasted in their panicked flight to Arizona? They’re going to end up with the same set-up as in LV, if they ever quit having to move around town. Each of them will have moved one extra time. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Exactly and good luck selling it in the future. 

• Love 7

Um....to Janelle moving again.  These people have no money and are moving again.  Deposits cost money and while you may get some of it back, you typically lose money.

Meri does seem to be much more realistic and honest about plural family and her family specifically. 

Janelle seems to be actually happy right now.  She is laughing and joking more.  I think for her, she has embraced this "new" chapter of her life where she's grandma and able to be friends/visit with her kids. 

Robyn's revelation that her younger kids aren't being raised by the other 3 women struck me.  Maybe for the first time on this whole show, I actually felt bad for her.  

Kody's inability to hear his wives or accept their decision shows the falsity of their life.  Plural families always say the women have all this power and decision making ability.  Yet,  Kody refuses to accept it. 

• Love 17

Well, Robyn, aren't you special. Before you met Kody you made a vision board. Then everything on the board came true. Can't stand that self righteous fake. Crying about how perfect it was in Vegas. Except when Meri was being catfished and ready to bail on you all,  Janelle and Christine couldn't get along with Meri and Kody was screwing you more than any other wife. But yeah, you were all a famiiilllyyy in the cul de sac!  

Meri is so checked out. 

I didn't realize the new big house would only have one main kitchen. Was I hearing that right?

It's pretty clear Christine doesn't like plural marriage. There is not a single thing she enjoys about sharing her husband.  

Kody's comment about the wives basically not wanting to see the other wives "faces" was very telling. 

• Love 16

Sooo, this is the seventh episode and we're still beating the dead house horse?  That's all they have for this season?  Please, for the love of all that is holy, end this shitshow.  What a waste of airtime.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 21
29 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

What the heck was Robyn rambling on about in her talking head about having one more kid? 

Did she and the Kodster want one more or did they not? Did we get a clear answer on that? Her comments made no sense. Go figure. 

I THINK she was saying no more kids.   IMO, they never intended to have more kids.  She has the boy and the girl.  She has more kids than Meri.  She has the youngest two and will still have kids in the home a decade after the rest of them. This is just a "story" which IMO has ZERO interest for me. 

• Love 13

And stay tuned for next week for Kodi's CRISIS OF FAAAAITH. Sure Kody, sure.

Their family doesn't work because plural marriage isn't comparable to you know...marriage. Idiots, all of them. 

And yes Meri could not care less about any of this, so obvious.

• LOL 3
  • Love 19
59 minutes ago, Soaper410 said:

Robyn's revelation that her younger kids aren't being raised by the other 3 women struck me.  Maybe for the first time on this whole show, I actually felt bad for her

Really?  She sleeps until noon or later and needs someone else to raise her kids - why would you feel badly for her???  She's so lazy and entitled - and I'm not going by what you see on the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
58 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I didn't realize the new big house would only have one main kitchen. Was I hearing that right?

Each of the wives' house-within-a-house has it's own kitchen, living room, bedrooms and bathrooms, laundry room - and?  Anything else?  Then there is one living area and one kitchen that is shared in the middle for their ginormous family get-togethers.  So bawling about sharing kitchens is immaterial.  They MIGHT cook side-by-side if it was Christmas Day, maybe.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

I feel like I was catfished.....yet again we see what looks to be a lovely ranch house ( no stairs which I am sure makes for less dorito spillage for Janelle) to a home stuck in the 80s. Ceiling height seems super low and it looks like the house puked up all that brown. Can Janelle even fit down that hallway ?  

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

In Robyn's talking heads shots her face and neck are so much more bloated than when the show was filmed a year ago. This doesn't look like normal weight gain. It almost looks like she is on prednisone. That couple with her statement that she would have more babies "if she could" makes me think something might be up with her health. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I feel like I was catfished.....yet again we see what looks to be a lovely ranch house ( no stairs which I am sure makes for less dorito spillage for Janelle) to a home stuck in the 80s. Ceiling height seems super low and it looks like the house puked up all that brown. Can Janelle even fit down that hallway ?  

I noticed that too - I thought, is it just a weird camera angle or what?  

So - they all moved from LV to Flag.  Meri found a house, was chased away by an angry pitchfork-wielding mob, moved back to Vegas, then back to Flag to the House on Haunted Hill.  Christine moved from LV and was living on the streets?  In the TLC Sister Wives' warehouse?  In Janelle's old teepee near Prairie Plague Pond?  Then she bought a house.  Janelle - I don't even know, was in a house but then another one popped up near Robyn and she, what - abandoned her lease and moved to the House of the Sinister Hallways?  To be near Robyn?  Huh?  Robyn gets a rental mansion but as we saw in the previews for next week, the owners are making her move because they sold it.  So basically, literally the only thing these people have been doing for the last two years is moving, while Kody has been diligently working on his next Sharpie-and-easel Big House presentations.

As much as I adore the snark here, I think this show has reached its limit, unless Pudge comes through with moving up her rainbow weddingk by a couple of years.

• LOL 8
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

In Robyn's talking heads shots her face and neck are so much more bloated than when the show was filmed a year ago. This doesn't look like normal weight gain. It almost looks like she is on prednisone. That couple with her statement that she would have more babies "if she could" makes me think something might be up with her health. 

I was wondering about her neck swelling for some time now. She doesn’t appear as vibrant and healthy as she did in the early seasons—she has become puffy and distressed looking. 

I don’t want to speculate as to what it is, but since prednisone was mentioned, that stuff terrifies me. I’ve refused to take it for fear of swelling up (the stuff is for inflammation, yet it can cause swelling). Nope. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Robyn gets a rental mansion but as we saw in the previews for next week, the owners are making her move because they sold it.

Robyn and Kody bought a house together that cost them between $890,000 to a million.  (I've heard both figures mentioned in different places).  Only the biggest and the BEST for her royal highness, you know!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I don’t want to speculate as to what it is, but since prednisone was mentioned, that stuff terrifies me. I’ve refused to take it for fear of swelling up (the stuff is for inflammation, yet it can cause swelling). Nope. 

Four of my kids had(have) asthma and two of them were on Prednisone fairly frequently as children.  I don't remember them ever swelling up - but to be fair, my kids were only on it for 10 day cycles - not long term.  It was a wonder drug for us.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Robyn and Kody bought a house together that cost them between $890,000 to a million.  (I've heard both figures mentioned in different places).  Only the biggest and the BEST for her royal highness, you know!

I read that the house was $890,000 and that they also bought the adjoining vacant property for $310,000, bringing the total to $1,200,000.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

That crafting party was a bust. Sorry, but unless there is wine and some snacks, I am not going to go. Of course Janelle didn't finish her board, much like everything else in her life. Its probably hanging in the Michaels bag on the handlebars of her stationary bike. Sobyn Robyn is back and I don't buy her crocodile tears, she pushed Kody to move to Flagstaff. I see through her manipulative ways

That was really bizarre - those boards!  Was that tossed out as an idea by the TLC producers or something?  It looked like all of the wives only had a few things tossed on it - and what was the purpose of them, anyway???  Because I don't see that they served any purpose whatsoever.  The wives were still as indecisive and unable to explain WHY they didn't want the one house as they have been from the beginning.  Well other than the resale issue - which is a good reason NOT to have the monstrosity. 

2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I read that the house was $890,000 and that they also bought the adjoining vacant property for $310,000, bringing the total to $1,200,000.

That's right!!  The adjoining property - so that they can build additional houses for Robyn's children when they grow up and marry.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Four of my kids had(have) asthma and two of them were on Prednisone fairly frequently as children.  I don't remember them ever swelling up - but to be fair, my kids were only on it for 10 day cycles - not long term.  It was a wonder drug for us.

They wanted me to take it for back pain when I had surgery. After seeing what happened to other patients who took the stuff on that situation, I just didn’t. I also quit the spinal steroid injections because they did not work anyways. 

I’ve never seen issues related to inhaler use. 

• Useful 2
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

They wanted me to take it for back pain when I had surgery. After seeing what happened to other patients who took the stuff on that situation, I just didn’t. I also quit the spinal steroid injections because they did not work anyways. 

I’ve never seen issues related to inhaler use. 

They took the pills orally.    I have severe disc disease and they have been wanting to give me the spinal injections before they consider surgery - I have never heard of the injections working for anyone!  Why do they bother?