Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Travis's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, Giant Misfit said:

Who wants to bet this episode ends with Travis strolling around a local park?

Saying "I'm working hard to stay on track. Dr. Now says if I can lose another fifty pounds he'll approve me for skin removal surgery. That's my goal now".

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

Ya know, benzodiapines can take care of all of that...

You get a Valium...you get a Xanax...

I'd say a therapeutic kick in the butt would be a much better option!

• Love 1
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

Who wants to bet this episode ends with Travis strolling around a local park?

I wouldn't bet against it. But TBH his obvious breathing problems when he was heavier, are worrisome. I hope he keeps losing weight and his health really improves. I swear, I kept reminding myself that because he was doing the VOs, he must still be alive. It would be so effing unfair if he didn't make it.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Well shit, the Llama and his tongue is leaving! Aaaaaaand ***** drum roll ***** it's Drew Carey!!!

Back to Travis. He's got a really young looking mom who is exactly right, both he and his wife need to do this diet together.

FWIW, I am pretty much over all of the M600PL poundticipants having to move to Houston. Never asked but would love to know if this a requirement for all of his patients or just a stunt orchestrated by TLC over the years.

Yay, 516 pounds! You go Travis and I love it that he has manners unlike recent subjects No sad endings okay TLC?

I thought I read years ago, that they are expected to do much more than a visit every 2 months.  They have group therapy in the lobby with other poundticipants.  Melissa used to lead them.  I think they have more frequent check ins with other staff.  All of this would be interesting to show.  I don't know why they stick with the same formula in every episode?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

Or “Am I’m cute? I mean, I think I am. Just look at these dimples...” 

OMG that kid.  "Custom made!"  Does that mean her dimples were cut into her face on purpose?!  

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

It would have those fancy artisan poutines where they add things that poutine should never have, like pineapple or avocado or whatever hipster topping is the new thing. Fries. Gravy. Cheese curds. Boom, done. 

As a Fresno Armenian, I feel the same way about yogurt.  IMO Fruit does not belong in yogurt.  Plain and tangy is it.  And no low or God forbid non-fat.  I'm in a small minority and have to scan rows of key lime pie or chocolate-chip-bubble-gum-no fat etc. to find the real thing.

Sigh....

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
Just now, Gbb said:

Or a wedding

And here I was earlier worried I'd forget about him by the time his WATN rolled around next year when I've already forgotten about his wedding that was mentioned about an hour ago.

Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Don't they all? 

And his mother worked. What a monster.

They all have parental issues, but one of the first things that he said was that his father abandoned him. That's pretty bad for any kid, but especially for a boy.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Add the countless commercials where everyone is laughing and dancing in a kitchen.

And any commercial where the female character holds a coffee cup with 2 hands.  For some reason that drives me crazy!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
Just now, Carboncat said:

As a Fresno Armenian, I feel the same way about yogurt.  IMO Fruit does not belong in yogurt.  Plain and tangy is it.  And no low or God forbid non-fat.  I'm in a small minority and have to scan rows of key lime pie or chocolate-chip-bubble-gum-no fat etc. to find the real thing.

Sigh....

I always get full fat yogurt. We had a catered lunch at work a few weeks ago, from a Greek place, and the dessert was homemade yogurt, with either a little lemon curd or honey on the bottom. Delish. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I think we’re gonna see a wedding. 

So the whole name and relationship placard saying that she is Travis' wife?!?!🤷‍♀️

Missed that...

Or are we having a SisterWives cross-over?!?

Edited by umgoblue
2 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

OMG that kid.  "Custom made!"  Does that mean her dimples were cut into her face on purpose?!  

I think there really is a dimple creating surgery and her millennial parents opted for it 

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, Granny58 said:

And any commercial where the female character holds a coffee cup with 2 hands.  For some reason that drives me crazy!

Or a woman running out the door, hopping on one foot while she tries to get her shoe on the other foot. Girl! Stand still and put your shoe on like a normal human! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1