Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Travis's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Azubah said:

Not even raisins? 😀

Oh funny!  I think I've shared here that most of my family worked for Sunmaid Raisins.  Don't like them in yogurt, but my mom's Raisin Pie recipe earned me a Blue Ribbon in high school.

• Love 4
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

There is family dysfunction all around. Kids are hurt and they grow up with issues. Some drink, drug, eat, fight, run, .........we need to treat kids right. Make the world a better place.

I feel like this is too simplistic. Travis is whining that his dad went off and got himself a new life that didn't include Travis. But we don't know the dad's side of the story - it could have been a super toxic marriage that made him leave and that could have caused even more damage to his kid. Maybe him leaving was better for Travis and that was him treating his kid right. 

See, normally I just get to snark. This episode is so dull that I'm getting serious about it. Ew. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Odd, I know but during Travis' last weigh in, I only just noticed a regular scale in Dr. Now's office. Heh heh, I'm sure it's been there all along. My tiny mind wondered though, "Who the Hell is that for?"😁

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Typo.
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Ya know, benzodiapines can take care of all of that...

You get a Valium...you get a Xanax...

I've always wondered why they don't get some of these people some meds.  Several of them have visible anxiety and could use some help.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

I want to know what they’re going for with these Hilton Anna Kendrick commercials. They are not appealing in any way. 

The husband disagrees strongly. 

It's fair, I drool over Shemar Moore in old Criminal Minds episodes. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

I want to know what they’re going for with these Hilton Anna Kendrick commercials. They are not appealing in any way. 

She appeal’s to middle aged businessmen checking into a Hilton and hoping to meet her single and anxious self like Clooney in Up In the Air.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
Just now, CircusPeanuts said:

I've always wondered why they don't get some of these people some meds.  Several of them have visible anxiety and could use some help.

The horrific Angie J claimed some of her drugs were prescribed!  I think more of them have medication than we hear about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

So the whole name and relationship placard saying that she is Travis' wife?!?!

They are already married but he promised her a big wedding when he gets down to his goal weight 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

This Skype Facetime chat is fascinating. Nothing more captures my attention than two people have a phone conversation on the teevee.

His brother's teeth are amazing....blinding even.

How I find myself paying attention to all things not Travis.  A sad state of affairs.

Edited by umgoblue
Because his teeth are so bright, I had to come back and point it out!
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, WonTon said:

I'm just imagining My Feet Are Killing Me filmings. "Hey, mind if we film your godawful, stank ass, moldy, petri-dish looking hoofs for our TV show? Really? Great. Roll it!"

They could have a Steven Assanti crossover!

• LOL 6

OH COME ON SHOW. For the last two minutes, all I've seen is a large man, sitting on his sofa, staring into space, pondering life. 

COME. ON.

1 minute ago, WonTon said:

I'm just imagining My Feet Are Killing Me filmings. "Hey, mind if we film your godawful, stank ass, moldy, petri-dish looking hoofs for our TV show? Really? Great. Roll it!"

Well dayum WonTon you are hard core and the latest recipient of a sparkly pair of your own gasoline soaked drawers! Wear them with pride!

Tee hee, still haven't watched one episode of that show.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Considering how much weight he’s lost, it’s not really apparent. 

His face and his body both look pretty much the same... he probably won't look much different until he is very close to his goal - and I am sure that's a bit discouraging, everyone wants easy to see results.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

The child in that commercial does not have dimples!  No dimples!  Liar!!!!!!!  They couldn't find a less punchable child actor with dimples?

What about the little "So what does the dishwasher DO?" girl?

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

Well dayum WonTon you are hard core and the latest recipient of a sparkly pair of your own gasoline soaked drawers! Wear them with pride!

Tee hee, still haven't watched one episode of that show.

Really? Guess I'm over-hyped since I never get to do the live chat (I've only done it one other time). I'm actually having a blast. You guys are so funny!

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

OH COME ON SHOW. For the last two minutes, all I've seen is a large man, sitting on his sofa, staring into space, pondering life. 

COME. ON.

It's hard to fill the time for a two hour show when the poundticipant spends 1hr 52min navel gazing. Eventually, you are only left with this when the editing floor can't hold take anymore.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

My guess is the Princess Toast Family all passed out from sugar overload.   Don't ever look at what Princess Toast is either.

If I see one more Hilton ad, I'm going to puke.   

So Travis blamed his brother for going with the father?   That is so wrong, unless they were both given a choice, and Travis said no.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I’m late to the party. I had a bad work day yesterday and this morning. I calmed my frayed nerves by buying French cookware on Amazon’s UK site. My eating habit was terrible — cheese fries and wine, so gym penance tomorrow. It was girls’ night out. So I’m reading through chat and watching the end of Travis’s story. He seems clean and pleasant, which. is a huge improvement over the Gina and Bethany train wrecks. Even his home appears to be clean.

• Love 6