Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: A Tale of Two Whitneys

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, FurBabyMama said:

Anyone else laugh when tal was saying he has a job to be at in the morning and twit got so offended?? Yes whitney, adults have actual jobs that require you to wake up and be there on time. And part of being responsible is being at your best for the job which means a good night sleep

I think Whitney got (faux) offended because Buddy works at night so sleeps during the day. Tal was implying that Buddy was lazy for sleeping during the day, but its because of his work schedule. The whole scene was obviously scripted though, Buddy and Tal didn't just happened to be fighting, with cameras already in place, when she arrived.

Whitney said that she and Buddy had been off-and-on for 5 years and she is sick of it. We all are Whitney. WE.ALL.ARE.

Whitney said that Ryan moved really fast in getting a business relationship established with her. I bet he did. He found someone who has her own TV show. What better platform for a business? I'm sure he couldn't believe his luck. That said, he does seem to be a decent person.

I do feel bad about Henshe. That was real emotion from Whitney. As most of us have experienced, it's so, so hard to have to let go of a long-time pet, and even harder to have to make the decision to let them go in peace.

Whitney and Chase's romance: the fakiest fake that ever faked.

Edited by absolutelyido
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

Whitney said that she and Buddy had been off-and-on for 5 years and she is sick of it. We all are Whitney. WE.ALL.ARE.

I didn’t see it so I don’t know the context, but was she saying she and Buddy have been off-and-on  for 5 years - like a dating relationship????? They were NEVER on. You aren’t “on” with someone you kiss once and had to ask to kiss. 

I don’t know if she really believes this crap or if it’s just scripted this way to add “drama” to her fake Chase relationship. 

• Love 11

I too wondered how they could possibly make her and her story/circle-jerk of friends any MORE annoying than in previous episodes.  They managed it.

I want to give them a “Like Jar”...similar to a “Swear Jar”.  Each episode, while filming,  everyone has to put a dollar in the jar every time they say the word “like” except when using it as the English language intended-as a VERB.

The Jr. High school Valley-girl delivery of her lines, combined with saying “like” every 5 words has almost driven me to binge on fast food whilst sitting in my car.  Thankfully, Mr. Kicotan distracted me by asking if the rumors of Chase being a Pike (Pi Kappa Alpha) were true...because that makes them fraternity brothers.

It’s a small world after all.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I just can’t even with her insistence that she can’t feed herself three times a day. There are so many resources, ie meal delivery services, nutritionists, the internet. There is no reason to continue thus charade! The jig is up; you eat crap and too much of it. You can’t lie any more!

But, well, sadly she can and will. 🤬

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
10 minutes ago, kicotan said:

Thankfully, Mr. Kicotan distracted me by asking if the rumors of Chase being a Pike (Pi Kappa Alpha) were true...because that makes them fraternity brothers.

It’s a small world after all.

Thereis a lot of Pike stuff visible in Chase's IG photos. I recognized them be cuz my dad & brothers were Pikes.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Uuuugghh said:

I just can’t even with her insistence that she can’t feed herself three times a day. There are so many resources, ie meal delivery services, nutritionists, the internet. There is no reason to continue thus charade! The jig is up; you eat crap and too much of it. You can’t lie any more!

But, well, sadly she can and will. 🤬

So Whit and Chase are supposedly already engaged? Am I missing something or is the timeline on that like less than 6 months? Because that is not a realistic timeline for sane people set up for a successful long term relationship.

• Love 10

I THOUGHT I'd be able to take her braying again but discovered I. just. can't.  The whole Chase business, her inability to even ACT like she's a nice person, she cannot or will NOT stop with the 24/7 EATING.... Ugh. Just ugh.

I love reading the snark here, though!

• Love 18
12 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

She really does embarrass herself. It's like the kid in school who thinks people like them when actually everyone hates them and they have NO CLUE. Who would want to willingly be around someone like Whitney unless they were already part of the original squad, (and even then)? For all the reasons above, plus more. There's only so much self-absorbedness people can handle without bailing, unless they're paid. 

I think they're done with her too - it was painfully obvious that they have nothing to do with each other until filming season starts.

Tal I would call you Petty Labelle if I thought you even lived there and were really having those problems with Buddy.  Also - if Buddy's and Ryan's "masculinity" is too "toxic" for Tal I suggest he move into a convent or something.  Sheesh.

I fail to see why Whit needs to move to Charlotte to film 1 hour and 40 minutes of video a week.  Add the cooking segment and it goes up to 2 hours.  It could be done in an afternoon!  Did anyone else think that when she said at the beginning, "You'd think our business partnership would be 50-50 but somehow it's not" that she was implying that she does the more than 50%?  I figured she was lying - I didn't think it would be proven so quickly.  But then we see that in addition to making up the workouts, Ryan also comes up with recipes, grocery shops and does the cooking 😄 

For the final scene I guess they really "forced her hand" - if Tal's not going to be around to pay the mortgage, she'll just move to Charlotte!  That'll teach them a lesson!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, princelina said:

Tal I would call you Petty Labelle if I thought you even lived there and were really having those problems with Buddy.  Also - if Buddy's and Ryan's "masculinity" is too "toxic" for Tal I suggest he move into a convent or something.  Sheesh.

For the record Buddy behavior currently and in the past makes him appear to be an inconsiderate, gaslighting asshole that picks at scabs and speaking as a gay man that kind of behavior from heterosexual men is very familiar to us and often picks at insecurities going back to our adolescence, so I get it.

THAT SAID, Tal, you are a grown ass adult, buddy is an immature, uneducated, unrefined addict with seemingly no desire for self-improvement, move the fuck on. I'd say move out if I really believed you were living there for reasons other than the show if at all.

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, John M said:

For the record Buddy behavior currently and in the past makes him appear to be an inconsiderate, gaslighting asshole that picks at scabs and speaking as a gay man that kind of behavior from heterosexual men is very familiar to us and often picks at insecurities going back to our adolescence, so I get it.

THAT SAID, Tal, you are a grown ass adult, buddy is an immature, uneducated, unrefined addict with seemingly no desire for self-improvement, move the fuck on. I'd say move out if I really believed you were living there for reasons other than the show if at all.

No argument here 😄 My complaint is not with Tal but with the fake "storyline" he has chosen to participate in.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, princelina said:

I fail to see why Whit needs to move to Charlotte to film 1 hour and 40 minutes of video a week.  Add the cooking segment and it goes up to 2 hours.  It could be done in an afternoon!  Did anyone else think that when she said at the beginning, "You'd think our business partnership would be 50-50 but somehow it's not" that she was implying that she does the more than 50%?  I figured she was lying - I didn't think it would be proven so quickly.  But then we see that in addition to making up the workouts, Ryan also comes up with recipes, grocery shops and does the cooking 😄 

I totally agree that these workout segments and 1 cooking recipe could be done in a day, but still have to account that Whitney naps throughout the day. So she moved to Charlotte and probably paying at least 1k a month for that apartment, probably more as it does look like a nice complex. I am beginning to think that its because she is bored with the Greensboro clan and they are boring to watch so she needs new blood. Heather is insufferably miserable it seems all the time with her stank face, Ashley has Harper to raise, Tal is moving on with his boyfriend, Buddy needs the money and Todd likes the attention. The only real thing I saw last night was her concern for Henchi, everything else smells of BS

• Love 13
53 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I totally agree that these workout segments and 1 cooking recipe could be done in a day, but still have to account that Whitney naps throughout the day. So she moved to Charlotte and probably paying at least 1k a month for that apartment, probably more as it does look like a nice complex. I am beginning to think that its because she is bored with the Greensboro clan and they are boring to watch so she needs new blood. Heather is insufferably miserable it seems all the time with her stank face, Ashley has Harper to raise, Tal is moving on with his boyfriend, Buddy needs the money and Todd likes the attention. The only real thing I saw last night was her concern for Henchi, everything else smells of BS

Henchi is the only one unable to fake a storyline so she just has to drag him around until he gets sick and gives her one.

• Love 7

So Whit and Chase are supposedly already engaged? Am I missing something or is the timeline on that like less than 6 months? Because that is not a realistic timeline for sane people set up for a successful long term relationship.

Eh - my husband and I were married one year, almost to the day, of meeting. It happens.

Where is the love for Darla? I'd like an hour of her antics - running around, lying on her back with her tongue hanging out for belly rubs. She is easily the most charismatic member of this cast. Close second is Harper - what a cutie!

Also - what the hell is up with Heather? She dodged a giant, homeless, coke-filled, Buddy-Bell-shaped bullet, swears she is completely over him then insists that she will end her friendships with Buddy and Whitney if they get together? And she makes butt-pucker face when he mentions their kiss, like she didn't do that and more a million times when they were together? I get that it could be weird seeing your ex date your supposed best friend but get over it. He's not off limits to everyone you ever met just because you dated him in the past.

• Love 11

Welcome back to this shitshow!

If the producers' intention is to portray realistic situations, conversations, and genuine people, they are failing miserably.

This show has always felt at least a twinge scripted. After last night's show, I believe they might be aiming to win an Emmy for Best Comedy.

Chase and Ryan read as so thirsty. There is no way that Ryan saw Whitney on a "dating app" and did not see $ signs. I don't know how successful he was in the fitness industry prior to yoking professionally with Whit, but he probably determined that working with someone with a multi season television show was a smart move on his part. He seems nice, but also like he's putting on a show and disingenuous.  I just can't buy in to this instant friendship. 

Her Greensboro friends can bitch and moan how they don't see or even hear from Whitney anymore but phones work both ways.  If they have been all friends, for the most part, since high school, it is natural for some of them to eventually move away from their hometown, start a business elsewhere, make new friends, etc etc. That's what happens by the time you reach your mid 30s! It's time for all of them to mature past high school. I'm not letting Whitney completely off the hook for the dissolving friendships, but people grow up and move on. I was irritated by her insinuation that Buddy left the convo when she started to talk about Chase because he is just oh so jealous and can't handle Whitney being senshul with another man. Maybe he took it upon himself to watch Harper  as she was toddling around with who knows what level of supervision. Buddy seemed to enjoy interacting with the baby. It's not all about you Whitney!

The conversation between Whitney, Jessica and the other trainers is the most honest conversation we have ever heard, and will probably ever hear, about Whitney's eating habits. Yeh, you can work out or lift weights for hours but if you eat like shit (or just eat once a day - major eyeroll) you are not going to see the results you will want to see. Whitney has at her disposal all the resources in the world to formulate a healthy eating plan does not let her spiral into an eating disorder. She could order a meal service, see a nutritionist, hire a personal chef, and she has multiple trainers at her beck and call. All the resources! She does not have a regular 9 to 5 job, children or otherwise major commitments that prevent her from figuring out a sensible diet. If she really want to see her abs of steel, she needs to work with a professional to develop a eating plan that works and will help you get the ripped results you want.

Ay yi yi, it's only the first episode.  

Edited by JennMatMusic33
  • Love 23
11 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Not near enough snark tonight.  That's the only reason I watch!   Does this mean no one cares enough to watch this shitshow anymore?   😭. Bad news for you Whitney, I think the writing is on the wall.

ITA.  She’s the lead-in to the shitshow with the super-morbidly obese women that followed MBFFL.  TLC is using whatever audience Whit has left to try to garner an audience for Hot and Heavy.  Nice, try TLC.  MBFFL is unwatchable (to me, anyway) and so is Hot and Heavy.  

• Love 7

Whitney has been throwing herself at Buddy for years, and he has had her firmly friend-zoned from the beginning. Are we supposed to forget the end-of-season 2 (I think?) final interview show where Shaun asked him "once and for all" whether he has had, does have or thinks he ever might have a romantic interest in Whitney? And with an apologetic glance into her furious face, he said an unambiguous "no"?  Some may like to imagine he must have changed his mind this past year, but given his behavior, that's hard impossible to believe, and even if he did change his mind, that doesn't change the past. There was no off-again, on-again interest in Whitney from Buddy in the past. He's always been consistently kind but not interested where she was concerned. And that includes the way he behaved after she "tongued" him. 

So funny how Whitney interprets Buddy getting up from the picnic table to go and play with Ashley's daughter a confirmation of her juvenile jibe that he is jealous she has a first date with Chase.  Much easier to believe he got up because  he was bored with a conversation that totally revolved around Whitney's giddy hysteria that she was going on a date! With a man! And he was cute! And she was going to marry him! And everyone should stop telling her not to get ahead of herself because she was just joking about marrying him! (Although she totally wasn't and shut UP, Ryan.)

• Love 20
13 hours ago, LookABird said:

I had almost forgotten how abhorrent she is. Thanks, new season, for the reminder!

We’ll have to make sure she wins “most hated” again this year. Whitney likes winning things. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, Mary said:

Hot and Heavy.  

From the little I saw of that show it was so boring, I actually fell asleep. 

Can the producer's think up a new story line for Heather besides her once having dated Buddy?  It's been at least 3 seasons and that's all she talks about, please stop.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I totally agree that these workout segments and 1 cooking recipe could be done in a day, but still have to account that Whitney naps throughout the day.

Plus, I'm sure she doesn't have the stamina to do five 24 minute workouts in one day, let alone back-to-back in one day.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

That hammock scene was too much.  I'm wondering how  Chase was able to sit/lay like that with her on the hammock.  She was basically laying with her legs apart with him using her right leg as a pillow & her left leg was across his lap with him somewhat scissored in between. His view was of her crotch when he turned towards the left to talk to her.  I'm sure that wasn't too pleasant for him even with her being clothed since we know Whit isn't into personal hygiene.  Sorry guys but all I could think about was Whit explaining her Chub Rub  in the early episodes & how she got her mother & friends to help her apply the medicine. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 9

Damn, Heather is miserable. She's becoming very bitter and it makes me sad. She was a total bitch to Ryan at the BBQ for no reason. 

Buddy pays $250 a month to Whitney for rent? Whaaaaaat? How is that fair to Tal? He is the biggest loser of all loser's. He looks fatter and more unkempt than ever. What is this "ride share" job he is talking about? Is that another term for Uber or Lyft? 

Charlotte is only 1.5 hrs from Greensboro. Not a big deal. Whit can easily drive to Charlotte for work a few times a week since she doesn't have a normal 9-5 anyway. She needs to stop making an issue of it. If she misses Greensboro so much than just move back home! Oh, I forgot, it's all for the storyline.

I do think Whit is pretty. There I said it. I can also see the 50 lb. weight loss on her. She has a much better hair system going on, too. Unfortunately once she opens her mouth it's the same old annoying obnoxious narcissist she's always been.

Do we really need to see any of those stupid scripted talking heads from Babs? 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Also - what the hell is up with Heather? She dodged a giant, homeless, coke-filled, Buddy-Bell-shaped bullet, swears she is completely over him then insists that she will end her friendships with Buddy and Whitney if they get together? And she makes butt-pucker face when he mentions their kiss, like she didn't do that and more a million times when they were together? I get that it could be weird seeing your ex date your supposed best friend but get over it. He's not off limits to everyone you ever met just because you dated him in the past.

It's just to keep up the fiction that Buddy is interested in Whitney/jealous of Chase.

• Love 7

How many times did she say Bro? Call me confused but at the beginning I thought Tyler was her boyfriend, she kept saying she wasn't into bros but somehow it worked. Then I could swear she said they had been intimate. I was real confused when he left to left her get to know Chase, since I thought they were a couple.

Continuing on. NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT GROWN MEN ROOMATES FIGHTING! Manufactured or not it is of NO interest to the audience. Whitney trying to build it up to something interesting? I'll need to go there now and Save the Day! No one cares! Come up with some real drama this is so so so not interesting. 

Then this so-called Kiss with Buddy it seems like it was a big nothing, and he forgot all about it, and she is so so so proud of it, that she won't shut up about it. She tells Heather, she talks about it constantly, she had it mentioned in the show summary description. It was a big giant nothing of nothing and she thinks it is something. 

There is no point at all to this show. It's a bunch of normal boring people that somehow got on TV. They all lead normal, if slightly dull, lives. I think I'm done with this show it just has no entertainment nor snark value.  

• Love 15
Spoiler

Buddy is a Lyft driver.

Heather is well over Buddy & totally irked that the producers continue to bill her as "Buddy's ex-girl friend." She has a good, wholesome life with her two kids, has worked the same job for 13 yrs since graduating from UNC, has moved into a new home away from her mother's. She would like to find a new life partner, but no luck so far.

Don't read the spoiler if you don't want info about Buddy's job & Heather's emotional state gleaned from their IIG pages.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

From the little I saw of that show it was so boring, I actually fell asleep. 

Can the producer's think up a new story line for Heather besides her once having dated Buddy?  It's been at least 3 seasons and that's all she talks about, please stop.

I’m pretty sure Heather agrees with you. A few weeks ago someone on her IG asked her if she was tired of the tag on the show always calling her ‘Buddy’s ex-girlfriend’ and she said she was sick of it. Nothing in her regular life implies that she’s pining over him at all. Simply a production creation, just like everything else. I think it was last week someone mentioned that they were starting to think that the end game for the writers is Whitney/Buddy and they may have something. Obviously the Chase thing is fake and they are working so hard to make it a Buddy/Chase/Whitney “triangle” I could see that being the end game. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Where is the love for Darla? I'd like an hour of her antics - running around, lying on her back with her tongue hanging out for belly rubs. She is easily the most charismatic member of this cast. Close second is Harper - what a cutie!

Yes! Darla! Such a cutie.  And maybe Heather is just looking for any excuse to end her friendships with both Whitney and Buddy and this is a convenient reason.  Or its just a poorly written story line because didn't Heather say last year that she didn't care if Whitney and Buddy hooked up? 

I do believe Whitney is 100% in love with Buddy and has been for a long time and that is why the show is always so focused on him.  It seems like in her mind, if Whitney can do all these things for him - give him a place to live, give him a starring gig on her reality show, take him on all these trips- he will eventually realize he is in love with her.  He uses her, but she allows and even encourages it. 

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Of all the young women in the world, 28-year-old Chase picks a morbidly obese woman seven years his senior, with significant fertility issues even without counting PCOS, and significant other mental health concerns, like her eating disorders, her narcissism, her hang-up on her daddy., her personal hygiene challenges.  And he is so completely convinced that she is The One that he puts a ring on it less than a year after meeting her, let alone dating her.  And he is going to fight for her against The Other Man, an obese addict with barely two years of recovery, unemployed other than driving for one of the car services, who believes he may have a future as a stand up comedian, and has never shown anything but a platonic interest in Whitney.

This shit show is turning into a totally ludicrous soap opera.  But if Whitney is forced, FORCED to choose between "the man she loves" and "her best friend," can't she at least have a third lesbian option? Or have her choose Chase only to find out she's really marrying his evil twin? Or have Buddy struck by amnesia and have him fall in love with her until he recovers  his memory?  And then it's too late - they're married and Whitney was artificially inseminated with his sperm by an unethical doctor who is now blackmailing her, claiming she's really carrying Chase's baby. . . .or is it Lennie's??????

This times 1,000. 

• Love 10

Man, this season is really different. I'm thinking it's going to be pretty good. You can certainly tell that Whit is in love.  I hope it's legit.  I am worried about her parents and her cat.  Her friends will make do, even if she does relocate to Charlotte.  I think her friends go way back with her, but, I can also see how they may have grown apart.  Plus, I just think Buddy would drag you down after a while.  He's just not motivated and doesn't seem to be happy, no matter where he is. 

• Love 2

Dear Whit - Let me tell you what your trainer/wanna be therapist doesn't have the guts to say and knows you're too much of a delicate fucking flower to hear, anyway: You are super morbidly obese because you eat significantly more calories than you use.  Period, end of story. 

I reached my heaviest weight about 10 years ago, and was the same size as Whit is currently, more or less, and I assure you that didn't happen because I was regularly restricting food.  As the dietician I worked with then used to say, if not eating enough food causes weight gain, then why are all the starving kids in Africa on UNICEF commercials not super morbidly obese, for example?  According to her, drastic food restriction does have some impact on how the body processes/uses calories, which short term, can result in less weight loss than would be expected by the numbers.  However, short term means a few days, 1-2 weeks at the absolute max, at which time, if you continue to consume fewer calories than your body is using to function, you will lose weight.  And yes, Whit, that even applies to you.

And Whit, I should add, as someone who also purged many times a day for years in my 20s and got treatment at an impatient eating disorder facility, the last thing you need is any kind of residential or group eating disorder treatment.   You wanna see a toxic environment?  Let's talk about putting a bunch of girls with eating disorders together.  Brilliant idea.  The underweight girls begin immediately comparing themselves to all the other underweight girls, while pitying the one or maybe two overweight girls there. And the overweight girls just feel even shittier about themselves in general, because every girl there is better than they are (and better always equals thinner in that world).  So Whit, while I know you'd probably die from the excitement and drama of getting "eating disorder treatment," you really should think again about just finding a therapist to work with one on one.  And by therapist, I do NOT mean your personal trainer.  ARGH.  Because Jessica, before you "help" Whit as much as your dad by trying to play a therapist on tee vee,  you need to move back over into your lane.... and STAY THERE. * On a personal note, while I have maintained at about 140 lbs since weight loss surgery, it wasn't until a few years later that I finally felt at peace with my food/body issues.  Oddly, it wasn't until I quit trying so hard to move on, that I was finally able to move on.  Gradually, I started to realize I'd gone days  at  time without needing to know to the pound how much I weighed, or agonizing over whether to eat something, or whatever.  And now, the sum total of my thoughts on it are to realize when I'm hungry, take a moment to consider what I want to eat, make or order it, and eat it.  I know that certainly isn't the answer for everybody, and to be clear, I'd probably want to punch you in the face if you told me the only way to get something is to stop trying to get it, but for me, my mind is finally at peace about food and weight, and I know that although i'm still considered overweight, my body is much better off staying consistently at 140 lbs than being subjected to all the yo-yo'ing, purging, and other crazy shit I used to do it.

Other random thoughts from last night's episode:

- Whit and everybody else in their ragtag little group needs to stop allowing themselves to be held hostage by that ASSHOLE's Buddy's addiction and tell him to take his nasty self and Peace the Fuck Out.

- I don't understand Whit's money situation.  If Tal and Buddy together are paying her entire monthly mortgage payment, then she's left with incidental expenses on the home, rent for a very small apartment in a relatively inexpensive market, and a modest car.  I know reality tee vee stars don't make as much as people like to think they do, but still.... how is it even possible she's not making enough that she could float her mortgage (guessing $1500/month, assuming worst case of all variables) and rent for that tiny apartment for at least a few months until she can find a new babysitter for Buddy tenant?

- If the ring in that IG engagement picture is what it appears to be - a big ass canary diamond -  that thing's worth some serious bank.  At least a few tens of thousands, possible even six figures, depending on exact size/diamond quality.  So, call me judgmental, but Chase doesn't seem like someone who has that kind of money just lying around.  And if he does, and you should most certainly call me judgmental here, maybe it would be better spent helping Whit take care of whatever the hell must be up with her finances rather than buying her a gaudy ring to flaunt wear.

- I fast forwarded through a few early episodes looking for Babs moments, as I felt the need to confirm for myself if she really did used to be funny.  And yes, the Babs from the several years ago was hilarious.  I have to wonder if she has any desire whatsoever to still be on this show anymore, now that she's older, slower, and her health is obviously getting worse.  If so, I hope she can be assertive enough to advocate for her own health and well-being to be prioritized, as I'm not sure Glenn is, and we know for sure Whit's too selfish to know her ass from a hole in the ground, nevertheless give actual considered thought to whether what Whit wants is what's best for others.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 22
20 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Not near enough snark tonight.  That's the only reason I watch!   Does this mean no one cares enough to watch this shitshow anymore?   😭. Bad news for you Whitney, I think the writing is on the wall.

I haven't watched yet because I'm having a bathroom renovated and my whole house is a disaster right now. Figured that facing an empty shell of a room with no toilet was more engaging than anything Whitless can come up with for "drama".

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

One the major reasons I know this is so fucking fake is that her home town barnacles were talking about not hearing from her in months. What? She was Ashley’s “birth coach” and now Ashley hasn’t heard from her? And no one picks up the phone? So dumb. TLC really knows her stans are dumb, right? Because this is so beyond credulity. That said - I don’t get the whole “Ryan is soooo hot” thing. He and Chase are slightly above average at BEST. But I guess when the home town competition is Buddy-  Ryan is freaking Brad Pitt. Also Babs is so not cute with her innuendos about Ryan. She’s annoying AF. But I’ll give her credit because she’s going full throttle with this bs while Glen seems to be phoning it in a bit. But it’s early in the season so I fully expect him to go full-on barnacle next ep.

Blerg...she’s still an annoying narcissist with her 15 minutes tick tocking away. Hope she’s investing wisely.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Of all the young women in the world, 28-year-old Chase picks a morbidly obese woman seven years his senior, with significant fertility issues even without counting PCOS, and significant other mental health concerns, like her eating disorders, her narcissism, her hang-up on her daddy., her personal hygiene challenges.  And he is so completely convinced that she is The One that he puts a ring on it less than a year after meeting her, let alone dating her.  And he is going to fight for her against The Other Man, an obese addict with barely two years of recovery, unemployed other than driving for one of the car services, who believes he may have a future as a stand up comedian, and has never shown anything but a platonic interest in Whitney

Omg...this is perfect. Sooooo true.

On another note - did you see how she was shoveling food into her gullet during the Ryan cooking segment? That’s not a person who doesn’t eat. And then to say the salmon recipe was “disgusting”? Lol. Great endorsement for the recipe part of the Nobs (lol) subscription. Also...I can’t hear (and see) nobs this and nobs that without thinking that it’s essentially slang for an idiot (knob). You would think that would have occurred to her or her marketing ‘team’ at some point. This show is the best and so happy to have this forum for the snark. You guys are awesome!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

- If the ring in that IG engagement picture is what it appears to be - a big ass canary diamond -  that thing's worth some serious bank.  At least a few tens of thousands, possible even six figures, depending on exact size/diamond quality.  So, call me judgmental, but Chase doesn't seem like someone who has that kind of money just lying around.  And if he does, and you should most certainly call me judgmental here, maybe it would be better spent helping Whit take care of whatever the hell must be up with her finances rather than buying her a gaudy ring to flaunt wear.

She said on ig that it’s a yellow sapphire. 

My question is, what does Chase have to do with the NoBS fitness business? I noticed it on the preview when Ryan said he and Chase were going to Paris to expand the business. That definitely makes me question the legitimacy of this engagement. 

• Love 2

(Not many) Random Thoughts
📌 Not much to say about this 1st episode of the new season since it was 1:44 minutes of sheer boredom. How many times does the producer think we'll want to watch Jessica add wgt to the barbell, then watch Twit lift the barbell? Wash, rinse, repeat, yawn. And almost every other scene was just as tedious.
📌 No, Todd, Heather is not still mad about Buddy. What's not understandable is why she's letting the scriptwriters present her as so pathetic. 
📌 Busy, busy, busy: Twit says she's "stretched pretty thin." (Umm, not noticeably, Twit.)
📌 And Babs concurs that "it's something all the time, isn't it?" Well, no. See first item above.
📌 So Chase doesn't like clurbs? Then he must be miserable these days at the clurb he manages in Wilmington.
📌 Ryan only dates 22-27 yo women. So why did he contact Twit on a dating site? Tal says Ryan is "slick, cocky & arrogant." I'd add opportunistic & manipulative.
📌 Twit says her old Greensboro pals are "a bunch of bitter people." I wonder how they felt when they watched her say that on TV last night.
📌 I'm as tired of hearing about the 100-# wgt loss as I am about PCOS.
📌 That fiction that Twit espouses about not eating enuf dates back to a YouTube panel discussion hosted by Jessica's dad. Search for it at Will Powell Eating Protocols.
📌 Wilmington is on the coast, a half-state away from Charlotte. And Chase just drops by occasionally to visit with frat bro Ryan. Yeah. Right.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

this so-called Kiss with Buddy it seems like it was a big nothing, and he forgot all about it, and she is so so so proud of it, that she won't shut up about it. She tells Heather, she talks about it constantly, she had it mentioned in the show summary description. It was a big giant nothing of nothing and she thinks it is something. 

There is no point at all to this show. It's a bunch of normal boring people that somehow got on TV. They all lead normal, if slightly dull, lives. I think I'm done with this show it just has no entertainment nor snark value.  

In commercials for next week get what they discuss on their date!

10 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Of all the young women in the world, 28-year-old Chase picks a morbidly obese woman seven years his senior, with significant fertility issues even without counting PCOS, and significant other mental health concerns, like her eating disorders, her narcissism, her hang-up on her daddy., her personal hygiene challenges.  And he is so completely convinced that she is The One that he puts a ring on it less than a year after meeting her, let alone dating her.  And he is going to fight for her against The Other Man, an obese addict with barely two years of recovery, unemployed other than driving for one of the car services, who believes he may have a future as a stand up comedian, and has never shown anything but a platonic interest in Whitney.

This shit show is turning into a totally ludicrous soap opera.  But if Whitney is forced, FORCED to choose between "the man she loves" and "her best friend," can't she at least have a third lesbian option? Or have her choose Chase only to find out she's really marrying his evil twin? Or have Buddy struck by amnesia and have him fall in love with her until he recovers  his memory?  And then it's too late - they're married and Whitney was artificially inseminated with his sperm by an unethical doctor who is now blackmailing her, claiming she's really carrying Chase's baby. . . .or is it Lennie's??????

Aw . . . I miss All My Children 😩

44 minutes ago, Dot said:

(Not many) Random Thoughts
📌 Not much to say about this 1st episode of the new season since it was 1:44 minutes of sheer boredom. How many times does the producer think we'll want to watch Jessica add wgt to the barbell, then watch Twit lift the barbell? Wash, rinse, repeat, yawn. And almost every other scene was just as tedious.

They probably thought we needed a rest from all the excitement of hearing Tal complain about Buddy, watching Whit worry about it, seeing them fight, seeing Whit walk in on the fight, and then hearing her tell Babs and Glenn about it.  It just went on and on and no one watching even believes Tal lives there!

• Love 6

It's great that Whit has grown in fitness and lost weight, but, I do think that her continued contentions that she's terrified of restricting her food for fear of undereating is just an excuse.  Like her trainer said, you don't have to do that. Just because you didn't apply a healthy eating regimen years ago, doesn't mean that you can't do it now.  And, if undereating is dysfunctional, so is overeating or eating the wrong things. There's no way she only consuming carrots and broiled salmon.  If she is THAT terrified of starving to death, she needs mental health counseling pronto, because, that is delusional thinking.  I'm beginning to wonder if the attention she gets from being obese is what she is really afraid of losing. 

I do believe that what we see in the drama scenes are recreated from perhaps arguments that occurred previously in the year.  Sadly, I do think Buddy is really the way he comes off on screen, which is not good, imo.  To me, he looks incredibly unhealthy. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 12
58 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm beginning to wonder if the attention she gets from being obese is what she is really afraid of losing. 

Definitely.  She's built a whole career  out of being big and if she becomes just like the rest of us how fabulous would that be? Also she'd have to stop gorging herself on all her favorite foods and actually eat healthy.  Way too much work for Twit.  

• Love 14
On 1/7/2020 at 10:59 PM, Snarkastikate said:

I think it’s bad news for her too. I don’t know what the ratings were or how they are considered on a channel like TLC but this shitshow can’t be long for this world. I think the lack of snark is also because it’s no fun to snark when it’s all fake. We could snark on Heather for still pining for Buddy, but we know she isn’t and even is upset that they keep calling her ‘Buddy’s ex-girlfriend’. We could snark on the Tal/Buddy fight but we know they just need a reason that Tal moved out, bought a house, and now lives with his boyfriend. We could snark on Ryan and Whitney meeting on a dating site but she ended up engaged to his friend, but .... well everything is fake so why get worked up about it.  I could snark on Tal’s “toxic masculinity’ comment but considering everything else on the show is fake how do I even know if he thinks that? Really the only person on the show who seems pretty similar to their show persona is Whitney. (At least judging by the IG stuff which granted isn’t necessarily accurate either). 

• Love 9
On 1/8/2020 at 1:34 PM, Ketzel said:

And then it's too late - they're married and Whitney was artificially inseminated with his sperm by an unethical doctor who is now blackmailing her, claiming she's really carrying Chase's baby. . . .or is it Lennie's??????

Maury!!

• LOL 9
18 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

I haven't watched yet because I'm having a bathroom renovated and my whole house is a disaster right now. Figured that facing an empty shell of a room with no toilet was more engaging than anything Whitless can come up with for "drama".

Yes!  Can we all come watch; we'd like something entertaining.

• LOL 6