Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: A Tale of Two Whitneys

• Start Topic

Uncomfortable after her kiss with Buddy, Whitney creates a new business and a new life in Charlotte.  When Whitney accepts a date with another man, will it create a love triangle?  And tension between Buddy and Tal forces Whitney into a tough decision.

Airs January 7, 2020.*

*TLC aired this December 19, 2019 as a teaser for the new season.

The first episode can be watched now in the TLC GO app.

I think the whole Tal and Buddy dust up is a way to explain  Tal buying his own house and moving out this year.  He was probably planning on looking for a house, and they figured they would add it into the show.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

On 12/23/2019 at 12:02 PM, OnceSane said:

Uncomfortable after her kiss with Buddy, Whitney creates a new business and a new life in Charlotte.  When Whitney accepts a date with another man, will it create a love triangle?  And tension between Buddy and Tal forces Whitney into a tough decision.

I am going to watch just because I am curious how they play this whole thing out. I find it suspect that if it was a true engagement they had to hide it for so long ...

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Love 8

I just watched the first episode on demand.  Surprisingly I'm not finding Twit that obnoxious yet. I think watching all the horrible people on this season of 90 Day Fiance has made me more tolerant of her.   Of course that could all change as the season goes on. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

1. Whitney has had an eating disorder for decades, Jessica has her own experience with disordered eating, and her response to this was "get over it and grow up"? Come ON.

2. OMG Henchi. 😢

3. Chase is a good actor to pretend to be super into her. He almost seems legitimate!

4. I am SUPER over Buddy trying to be cute. You're like 40 and 400 pounds, you passed cute a couple decades and a couple small humans ago.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 14

She talks about “tonguing” Aka french kissing Buddy like she’s a middle schooler and it’s a big deal. You are 35 and so senshus - kissing one time in a very non romantic way is not a big deal in real life. And why would heather and Ashley be talking about it?! Make up a better plot-line producers. The H & A bit was a good advertisement for the exercise videos since they mentioned them about 800 times.

Also during the Buddy/tal drama on FaceTime I swear Tal and Todd were suppressing smiles. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
59 minutes ago, Uuuugghh said:

She talks about “tonguing” Aka french kissing Buddy like she’s a middle schooler and it’s a big deal. You are 35 and so senshus - kissing one time in a very non romantic way is not a big deal in real life. And why would heather and Ashley be talking about it?! Make up a better plot-line producers. The H & A bit was a good advertisement for the exercise videos since they mentioned them about 800 times.

Also during the Buddy/tal drama on FaceTime I swear Tal and Todd were suppressing smiles. 

I get the feeling lots of them think “get better plot-lines’, with the probable exception of Whitney. She seems to love the middle school drama. 

Recently someone on Heather’s IG asked her if she gets tired of being referred to as ‘Buddy’s ex-girlfriend’. She answers with a resounding YES in all caps and a short tirade about how it drives her nuts. I tend to believe her and that she’s tired of the Buddy/Whitney/Heather plot lines. Her IG shows that she clearly has a life and is perfectly happy. She struggles with anxiety but that isn’t a reflection of happiness nor does it mean she wants a man and definitely doesn’t mean she wants Buddy. 

Tal and Todd were definitely laughing over the Buddy/Tal drama. Talk about manufactured. Tal is happily living with his boyfriend. I guess they decided to create some kind of drama ahead of his moving out. I suppose the real story - Tal has a life and moved in with his significant other, just like countless 30somethings do everyday - doesn’t lend itself to Whitney wringing her hands about being stretched thin with her “work” in Charlotte and the drama at home that only she can handle. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 12/28/2019 at 8:17 PM, 3girlsforus said:

I thought it was interesting that they gave us measurements for every part of the body but glossed over the waist. Whit even asked and Jessica didn’t answer. 

I was watching a season 1 episode before the new season and Tal measured Whitney as :

chest- 52

waist-50

hips-70

Jessica measured Whitney in the new season as:

chest- not shown or said

waist-around 51(tape was shown but not said..it looked to me around 51)

hips- 64 ( said , tape not shown)

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 3
10 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I was watching a season 1 episode before the new season and Tal measured Whitney as :

chest- 52

waist-50

hips-70

Jessica measured Whitney in the new season as:

chest- not shown or said

waist-around 51(tape was shown but not said..it looked to me around 51)

hips- 64 ( said , tape not shown)

Thanks - this is interesting. One measurement they did in this episode was her ankle, which she said was 10 inches. I call bullshit. There is no way she has 10 inch ankles. I realize that because she’s short her frame under all of that will be smaller than mine at 5’11”. But I’m about 20lbs overweight (not even in the obese category, let alone her super morbidly obese). I have strong, nice legs from a lot of walking and cycling classes. My weight is mostly in my hips and tummy. My ankles are very visible and almost bony. But they are 9 inches around. So the idea that her blubber leg is basically the same size is completely absurd. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Thanks - this is interesting. One measurement they did in this episode was her ankle, which she said was 10 inches. I call bullshit. There is no way she has 10 inch ankles. I realize that because she’s short her frame under all of that will be smaller than mine at 5’11”. But I’m about 20lbs overweight (not even in the obese category, let alone her super morbidly obese). I have strong, nice legs from a lot of walking and cycling classes. My weight is mostly in my hips and tummy. My ankles are very visible and almost bony. But they are 9 inches around. So the idea that her blubber leg is basically the same size is completely absurd. 

Is an ankle like a wrist where even if you are really fat it doesn’t get much bigger?  Otherwise, I have no idea how it would be that measurement.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Is an ankle like a wrist where even if you are really fat it doesn’t get much bigger?  Otherwise, I have no idea how it would be that measurement.

I guess that’s possible. But this photo certainly makes it look like her ankle is fat. Maybe it’s a combination of her having a small frame and ankles gaining less fat than other parts. Or maybe they pulled the tape tight. I noticed they were really pulling that tape tight into the flab when measuring too. 

3C21EE57-8829-4D00-B05E-E6C10EA8303C.jpeg

• Love 2
7 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I guess that’s possible. But this photo certainly makes it look like her ankle is fat. Maybe it’s a combination of her having a small frame and ankles gaining less fat than other parts. Or maybe they pulled the tape tight. I noticed they were really pulling that tape tight into the flab when measuring too. 

3C21EE57-8829-4D00-B05E-E6C10EA8303C.jpeg

Yes, I think Whitney was telling Jessica to pull it tighter (the tape). Any tighter and she would have cut off her circulation.  I am bad at judging people’s weights unless they are close to mine and Whitney’s about 200-210lbs bigger than I am.  Does anyone know how tall Buddy and Chase are?  On a general side, Buddy still seems like an asshole to me, I guess the drugs weren’t the cause of his assholery.  

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

I won’t get into specifics because I know that some people haven’t seen this episode yet. But judging from this episode only - I find Twit even more insufferable, narcissistic and annoying this season. Her “friends” are in this for the paycheck/“fame” only - it’s very obvious. Once this show’s over they will likely peace out (and they should). And Babs is even more OTT and camera-hoggy  than usual. Whitney is just the absolute worst. 

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

I won’t get into specifics because I know that some people haven’t seen this episode yet. But judging from this episode only - I find Twit even more insufferable, narcissistic and annoying this season. Her “friends” are in this for the paycheck/“fame” only - it’s very obvious. Once this show’s over they will likely peace out (and they should). And Babs is even more OTT and camera-hoggy  than usual. Whitney is just the absolute worst. 

The only one I ever believed was really her day-to-day friend was Heather but I do think she was/is disgusted in all the Buddy/Whitney angles.  For whatever reason, I think she loved Buddy, which I don’t know why any halfway decent woman would.  I think Buddy will stick around because where else can you live for $250/month? 

IMO Ryan will hang around as long as the business is viable.  Also, since they claim Ryan and Whitney met on a dating app, is there anyone that doesn’t believe Ryan only talked to Whitney because he knew who she was and thought it be good for business.

• Love 13
20 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

The only one I ever believed was really her day-to-day friend was Heather but I do think she was/is disgusted in all the Buddy/Whitney angles.  For whatever reason, I think she loved Buddy, which I don’t know why any halfway decent woman would.  I think Buddy will stick around because where else can you live for $250/month? 

IMO Ryan will hang around as long as the business is viable.  Also, since they claim Ryan and Whitney met on a dating app, is there anyone that doesn’t believe Ryan only talked to Whitney because he knew who she was and thought it be good for business.

I bet her high school friends, Heather especially, feel kind of stuck now. They agreed to participate. Who knows if they realized what a train wreck it would turn out to be. I suspect they didn’t know because they all definitely seem sick of it. But the show goes on and they made a commitment. They probably assumed it would be cancelled long before now. Plus it’s income. Lots of us put up with less than ideal jobs because the money is good and necessary. 

Ryan seems to be in the most ideal position. He was really starting to lose it for a while because Whitney wasn’t taking the workout business seriously. But now she seems to be completely removed from it and he’s more than willing to put in the work. He’s making a go of it and more power to him. Plus he got Chase to be the object of Whitney’s juvenile “sexy” stuff so he’s being spared the majority of the ass shaking. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Today I saw an ad on one of the cable stations for a similar exercise program called The Thirty Day Challenge. It sounded a lot like the one Ryan has been doing e.g. no equipment needed, adaptations for different ability levels, differing daily workouts etc.  For a minute I thought, "Wow they're going big". This one does not involve Ryan or Twit but the price is $9.99 a month and $59.99 a year. I wonder if that is why NOBS was offering a sale price on a one year subscription.

YMMV on this one but on Reddit someone claiming to know people both in front and behind the camera for MBFFL confirmed that the relationship is scripted. Chase wanted to be part of the show but initially balked at being the love interest.

• Useful 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Ryan seems to be in the most ideal position. He was really starting to lose it for a while because Whitney wasn’t taking the workout business seriously. But now she seems to be completely removed from it and he’s more than willing to put in the work. He’s making a go of it and more power to him. Plus he got Chase to be the object of Whitney’s juvenile “sexy” stuff so he’s being spared the majority of the ass shaking. 

I hope so, because there's a real need for a program like this. Women who are larger or have mobility issues really do need trainers that can develop exercise programs that will benefit them. This, like Whitney's dance classes, really could have been useful if she'd actually applied herself to developing the programs and marketed them as a way for women who don't feel comfortable going to gyms and regular classes to get fit and lose weight. But like all things, Whitney made them about showcasing herself and not doing something that would benefit her clients.

What saddens me is that without Whitney there as "inspiration" that a lot of her fans are going to drop the program. Which would be a real shame because I'm going to bet that Whitney's fans need the exercise more than most.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

YMMV on this one but on Reddit someone claiming to know people both in front and behind the camera for MBFFL confirmed that the relationship is scripted. Chase wanted to be part of the show but initially balked at being the love interest.

I don't think this will shock anyone with three functioning brain cells and a moderately functioning bullshit detector will buy this. Not that heavy women can't find partners because I've never had problems finding people to date even at my heaviest (and all of my plus sized friends are either married or in long term relationships). That their engagement is announced right as she's starting promo for the new season... yeah, it feels scripted to me.

• Love 9

One Reddit comment is "what college? what frat?" about Ryan & Chase's earliest relationship.

I'm reasonably sure Chase is a Pi Kappa Alpha since his IG photos show lots of frat banners, etc. So, is Ryan also?

Ryan spent Xmas 2018 with his Ohio family. His 2018 TG dinner with Twit was in a house or apt with a huge Ohio State banner on the living room wall. Was that Cam's house or Ryan's? If Ryan's, which seems likely, how did he meet up with a guy from WVA? Is Ohio St also Chase's alma mater? It seems unlikely.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Dot said:

One Reddit comment is "what college? what frat?" about Ryan & Chase's earliest relationship.

I'm reasonably sure Chase is a Pi Kappa Alpha since his IG photos show lots of frat banners, etc. So, is Ryan also?

Ryan spent Xmas 2018 with his Ohio family. His 2018 TG dinner with Twit was in a house or apt with a huge Ohio State banner on the living room wall. Was that Cam's house or Ryan's? If Ryan's, which seems likely, how did he meet up with a guy from WVA? Is Ohio St also Chase's alma mater? It seems unlikely.

I didn’t see the TG antics except for about 30 seconds, so I have no idea about any of the other stuff.  However, they went to University of NC.

Do people like Tal’s boyfriend who barely appears in the episode get paid too?

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 1

I haven't watched the episode yet, but the trailer is out. Why is this 35 year old twit still going on and on about the "kiss" ? So immature. Plus the scene of her with her hands on the railing looking out yonder when Chase gets down on 1 knee was totally manufactured. Now that filming is over, we will all start a new game much like where is waldo with Chase   

• Love 6

Ugh Tal was really irritating this episode, especially his comment about the 'toxic masculinity' at the BBQ, which could have only been directed at Buddy and Ryan.  What were they doing that was so toxic and masculine?  Buddy was mostly playing with Ashley's toddler and Ryan seemed to be his natural self.  

I have no problem if these people irritate you on a personal basis but phrases like 'toxic masculinity' make me wonder if there is one acceptable way to behave that only people like Tal can determine.  And don't get me wrong - I work in corporate America and understand the issues with male dominance, I just don't think this was applicable at all in this case.  There's nothing inherently toxic about being a male.

This is too bad - I always thought highly of Tal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
30 minutes ago, Calliope12 said:

Ugh Tal was really irritating this episode, especially his comment about the 'toxic masculinity' at the BBQ, which could have only been directed at Buddy and Ryan.  What were they doing that was so toxic and masculine?  Buddy was mostly playing with Ashley's toddler and Ryan seemed to be his natural self.  

I have no problem if these people irritate you on a personal basis but phrases like 'toxic masculinity' make me wonder if there is one acceptable way to behave that only people like Tal can determine.  And don't get me wrong - I work in corporate America and understand the issues with male dominance, I just don't think this was applicable at all in this case.  There's nothing inherently toxic about being a male.

Ugh that’s a little frustrating. I do think the whole Buddy/Tal drama is manufactured to provide a more dramatic reason that he’s moving out when in reality he just bought a home with his boyfriend. Maybe this ‘toxic masculinity’ stuff is part of that. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Calliope12 said:

"Toxic masculinity " is the buzz phrase du jour.  What,  exactly,  is it? Is there also "Toxic Femininity? " 

Soooooo sick of man bashing.

• Love 20

Toxic masculinity is very real and very dangerous, particularly in American society. It hurts men as well as women. But, as @Calliope12 and @3girlsforus note, throwing it around where It isn’t occurring simply because you don’t like someone is wrong AND dilutes its meaning (similar to how ‘bullying’ has been so co-opted as to render the word virtually meaningless). 

All that said, I’ve never liked Tal. He seems to be the most obsequious of the barnacles, always willing to throw anyone under the bus to kiss up to his queen, and he’s a total enabler. I hope his relationship helps his set some healthy boundaries.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Ugh that’s a little frustrating. I do think the whole Buddy/Tal drama is manufactured to provide a more dramatic reason that he’s moving out when in reality he just bought a home with his boyfriend. Maybe this ‘toxic masculinity’ stuff is part of that. 

Just to clarify: Tal is the owner of the house tho he & Jon moved in to it  together.

• Love 2

After watching the entire episode yesterday, I'm convinced this is all a vehicle toward the inevitable Buddy/Whitney romance.  There was way too much focus on Buddy:

- the recap of previous seasons focused on "the kiss"

- Buddy brought up the kiss

- Whitney brought up the kiss

- Ashley and Heather discussed the kiss

- Todd and Whitney discussed the kiss

- Whitney angrily told us that he had five years to do something and didn't

- Buddy became so jealous of Whitney talking about the new man she's dating that he had to leave the table

- previews show Chase becoming concerned about the relationship between Whitney and Buddy

If the Reddit insider is right, and the whole Chase thing is a producer-manufactured plot line, it would make sense that the relationship would end once Whitney and Buddy realize how much in love they always have been (shudder)....

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

This episode made me laugh at Twit so many times.

Sorry this is so long!

So the audience is to believe that the beginnings of this “relationship” with Chase just got caught by chance while filming?? Chase is as real as Lenny was!!!  This storyline is as lame as the fake pregnancy!

Even if Chase goes through with the contract , oops I mean the wedding, doesn’t mean that they’re an actual item or even legally married. I’ll never EVER believe that this is a real thing.  We all know that this is a desperate person paying someone to act as her boyfriend.  

It’s not just her weight as to why I think Chase wouldn’t give her a chance in real life.  There are a million other reasons that Chase wouldn’t date her: 

1. Constant lies. Big and small lies. Like she doesn’t like cupcakes but is caught devouring about 20 of them at the tasting for her parents party.

2.Extremely poor hygiene 

3. Her vile behavior 

4. Her lack of loyalty to friends. Umm kissing her BFF’s ex because she wanted to so she did. Pathetic

5. Lack of respect for people’s property. Like peeing in someone else’s hot tub.

6. Sneaky behavior...pushing Heather to move on from Buddy and burning things that Buddy gave Heather. The fact is that she was laying in wait (which is easy for her) for the time to pounce on Buddy. 

7. The 8k and I’ll just leave it at that. 

8. Narcissistic, Controlling, Manipulative 

There are SO many other reasons but I have to cut this off at some point.

When Twit was bragging about her paid date with Chase and she turns to Buddy and says “jealous.”  She’s so pathetic that she said that Buddy’s upset because she met someone.  If you really catch Buddy’s reaction, he’s laughing AT her. She’s THROWN herself at him so many times and he’s never bit. Twit really is embarrassing herself!

The other thing is she claimed to have met Ryan on a dating app. However, when they were driving to Greensboro together, he said one of the reasons he wouldn’t date her is because he dates girls 22-27.  On dating profiles it says your age. Well, if they truly met on a dating appn, Ryan wouldn’t have ever clicked on or been matched with Twit just based on their age alone forget obvious reasons!   So I call BS on how Twit met Ryan.

I believe that Ryan met Chase in college. So he prob got Chase the paid gig! 

I feel bad for Henchi.  I hope he’s okay! Twit needs to bring that poor baby to live with Babs!  ❤️

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Kaia40 said:

Chase is as real as Lenny was!!!  This storyline is as lame as the fake pregnancy!

Lennie literally showed up on Reddit to tell everyone that he was real and so is Chase. Because that's convincing.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 1/3/2020 at 1:16 PM, Kaia40 said:

This episode made me laugh at Twit so many times.

Sorry this is so long!

So the audience is to believe that the beginnings of this “relationship” with Chase just got caught by chance while filming?? Chase is as real as Lenny was!!!  This storyline is as lame as the fake pregnancy!

Even if Chase goes through with the contract , oops I mean the wedding, doesn’t mean that they’re an actual item or even legally married. I’ll never EVER believe that this is a real thing.  We all know that this is a desperate person paying someone to act as her boyfriend.  

It’s not just her weight as to why I think Chase wouldn’t give her a chance in real life.  There are a million other reasons that Chase wouldn’t date her: 

1. Constant lies. Big and small lies. Like she doesn’t like cupcakes but is caught devouring about 20 of them at the tasting for her parents party.

2.Extremely poor hygiene 

3. Her vile behavior 

4. Her lack of loyalty to friends. Umm kissing her BFF’s ex because she wanted to so she did. Pathetic

5. Lack of respect for people’s property. Like peeing in someone else’s hot tub.

6. Sneaky behavior...pushing Heather to move on from Buddy and burning things that Buddy gave Heather. The fact is that she was laying in wait (which is easy for her) for the time to pounce on Buddy. 

7. The 8k and I’ll just leave it at that. 

8. Narcissistic, Controlling, Manipulative 

There are SO many other reasons but I have to cut this off at some point.

When Twit was bragging about her paid date with Chase and she turns to Buddy and says “jealous.”  She’s so pathetic that she said that Buddy’s upset because she met someone.  If you really catch Buddy’s reaction, he’s laughing AT her. She’s THROWN herself at him so many times and he’s never bit. Twit really is embarrassing herself!

The other thing is she claimed to have met Ryan on a dating app. However, when they were driving to Greensboro together, he said one of the reasons he wouldn’t date her is because he dates girls 22-27.  On dating profiles it says your age. Well, if they truly met on a dating appn, Ryan wouldn’t have ever clicked on or been matched with Twit just based on their age alone forget obvious reasons!   So I call BS on how Twit met Ryan.

I believe that Ryan met Chase in college. So he prob got Chase the paid gig! 

I feel bad for Henchi.  I hope he’s okay! Twit needs to bring that poor baby to live with Babs!  ❤️

She really does embarrass herself. It's like the kid in school who thinks people like them when actually everyone hates them and they have NO CLUE. Who would want to willingly be around someone like Whitney unless they were already part of the original squad, (and even then)? For all the reasons above, plus more. There's only so much self-absorbedness people can handle without bailing, unless they're paid. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 14

Anyone else laugh when tal was saying he has a job to be at in the morning and twit got so offended?? Yes whitney, adults have actual jobs that require you to wake up and be there on time. And part of being responsible is being at your best for the job which means a good night sleep

• Love 15

This is so fake. Totally scripted. 

However, can’t wait for the kayak(? canoe?) scene with Ryan where he doesn’t seem to take her shit. Not sure what ep it will be in. 

Filming a workout a day and cooking a recipe once a week is how Whitney defines hard work. Lord have mercy. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 15

Hi! I finally created an account to join everybody.  I watched this episode on TLC Go.  

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked Ryan. He seems relatively normal. We will see how long that lasts. I don’t believe they met on a dating app.  Maybe he is a trainer at Will’s gym and wanted to get in on filming?  I thought every female cast member, including Whitney’s mother, commenting on how attractive Ryan is was pretty gross.  If Whitney’s dad was ogling one of her friends it wouldn’t be so well received.

For someone who claims she doesn’t care about weight she was very quick to ask about Chase’s weight and force him to guess hers.  Is that what passes for flirting these days? So uncomfortable to watch.

• Love 21

Just got home, started watching with sound off/closed captioning on.... because well I'm in no mood for the braying right now.  I will say that geez she looks fatter than ever.

I'm confused....is this the live chat?   Not many posts.  Maybe I missed something?

• Love 2