Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: The Regift That Keeps on Giving

• Start Topic

Kenya and Porsha bring their babies together for a play date, where Kenya reveals some intimate details about her troubled marriage. Kandi drops Riley off in New York City for a summer-long internship at a law firm, prompting her to reflect on how she and Todd parent differently. Nene and Marlo have a make-up lunch after their blow up in New York and Nene invites a surprise guest who spills some tea about Cynthia. The 2nd annual Bailey-cue commences, and the claws come out between Eva and Kenya.

Airdate 12.01.2019

There’s petty and then there’s Kenya Moore petty. I understand her not wanting to keep the gift, but regifting it to Porsha was just wrong. I would have very nicely given it back to Eva if I didn’t think her intentions were pure ( yes I know I’m petty). I’m starting to believe Nene’s assessment of Cynthia , as both Marlo and Kandi basically told her she has another side that she keeps hidden. Cynthia also seems to be “weak”, in that she appears to be a follower who can’t think for herself. Kenya needs to keep that same energy with Marc, instead of taking out her frustration on other people.

• Love 17

Everyone knows that you don't regift to someone that the original gifter knows, or regift it when the original gifter will see it regifted. Kenya is messy as hell.

I also think Kenya's woe is me is a set up for her eventual divorce.  

• Love 23
31 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

I guess Dennis really is gone!

We do not see his hot dogs.....anywhere!

Last season he donated his food to all the parties. 

He's not gone. Tonight on WWHL Porsha said they are back together and will be getting married "sometime" in 2020.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 3
36 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I didn't watch this when Marlo was on, so, I may have a different perspective, but, I kind of like her.  I also like Porsha and Kenya as friends.

I feel the same way as you, except I used to hate Marlo when she first started appearing on the show.  She was arrested six times, at least a few of which have been for violence against people, and it takes a long time for me to feel like I can like anyone who does that, but I agree she's been good for the season so far.  In fact, without her, would we even have a season?  She looked good from the neck up at Cynthi's Second Annual Ego Gratification Fest.  Her outtift was insane, but not in a good way.

Marlo calling out Eva always gives me life.  I liked Eva better when she was a bone collector regarding Will.  She's hiding way, way, way too much to be a full-time cast member.  Marlo and Shamea bring at least as much to the table.  Tanya brought a lot to the table last season.  Freaking Lauren is more interesting than Eva.

At the Ego Fest, many of their outfits were insane, not in a good way.  Kenya's and Tanya's breasts were literally straining at their fabric, trying to breathe.  It looked so uncomfortable. Kandi looked very cute, but a little too much breast for me.  Shamea looked hands-down the best.

Porsha looked the best I've seen her look in awhile in that red dress she was wearing talking to her mom.  I don't remember if she wore it to the Ego Fest.  I guess the new nanny didn't work out, as she didn't sign a release!

I'm assuming Nene's spiritual advisor is...Satan?  Dwight?

The "other side" of Cynthia is the only side I've really seen of her since she and Peter divorced.  She's so fucking extra, and not even in a fun way, just an annoying way.  I have no idea how she allowed her bedroom to look like that while filming, but I guess it's better to let it be aired than to forcibly remove the cameraman by ripping his shirt, so that's a start.

I do not think Yovanna or Marlo want Nene and Cynthia to make up.  They just want to spread mess, which, hey, I'm here for.

I love how Cynthia acts like "talking shit" is a legal term or something.  Yes, I believe 100% she was talking shit about Nene when she met with Yovanna off camera.  Cynthia was acting like "talking shit" required premeditation, so her whole defense was, "no, child, I wasn't dawg-um talkin no shit I said what was on my mind youcangotellNenewhatIsaidseewhatIcare."  Yes, all that can be true, and you were still talking shit if you spoke negatively about her, which you did.  Defensive much?

The doll is the new bunny from RHBH.  Such manufactured drama.  I'm not here for it.  Donate the damn doll to charity, Kenya, and stop acting like a fool.

-------------------------------

I think it's awesome that Kandi gives her daughter so much.  I don't know how that apartment could have cost that little in NYC.  I would think it would easily be closer to $15k a month than $5, and I doubt it's in Manhattan proper.  Probably on Roosevelt Island or in Long Island City or Brooklyn.

I feel bad for Kayla.  Even though she's an adult and Riley is a minor, that has to sting.  On an earlier episode Kandi said she wanted to give Kayla money, but Todd wouldn't let her.  What's up with that, Todd, or should I say Martin?

-----------------------------

I think it's safe to say a child should never sleep in the bed with their parents.  It's not a good sign that Marc is insisting on it with Kenya.  He's trying to use the child to create physical distance from Kenya, instead of being a man and saying, "Kenya, let's call this.  We can do therapy, but I really don't think this relationship is going to work.  I don't want to see you outside of therapy until I can get my head straight."  Kenya doesn't have to wait for him to say it either.  She's free to create a boundary, or as Porsha would say, a border, at any time.

--------------------------

Former server nitpick:  When Eva first got to the Ego Fest, someone from the staff handed her a drink and she just took it with no thank you.  Last episode, when Marlo said she wanted some duck, Eva just said, all haughty, "put some duck on the plate for her."   Like, where the hell is the please, you entitled bitch?  Eva has a really high opinion of herself for someone who had a controversial win on America's Next Top Model close to 15 years ago, was constantly told she was too short to model, and was ignored or disliked by most of the cast.  Now a decade and a half later, she is married to a failed mayoral candidate and they can't find housing.  Yet she's so pompous.

Can we just get DeShawn Snow back already?  She had money, class, money, a sweet demeanor, money...

• Love 23
11 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I feel the same way as you, except I used to hate Marlo when she first started appearing on the show.  She was arrested six times, at least a few of which have been for violence against people, and it takes a long time for me to feel like I can like anyone who does that, but I agree she's been good for the season so far.  In fact, without her, would we even have a season?  She looked good from the neck up at Cynthi's Second Annual Ego Gratification Fest.  Her outtift was insane, but not in a good way.

Marlo calling out Eva always gives me life.  I liked Eva better when she was a bone collector regarding Will.  She's hiding way, way, way too much to be a full-time cast member.  Marlo and Shamea bring at least as much to the table.  Tanya brought a lot to the table last season.  Freaking Lauren is more interesting than Eva.

At the Ego Fest, many of their outfits were insane, not in a good way.  Kenya's and Tanya's breasts were literally straining at their fabric, trying to breathe.  It looked so uncomfortable. Kandi looked very cute, but a little too much breast for me.  Shamea looked hands-down the best.

Porsha looked the best I've seen her look in awhile in that red dress she was wearing talking to her mom.  I don't remember if she wore it to the Ego Fest.  I guess the new nanny didn't work out, as she didn't sign a release!

I'm assuming Nene's spiritual advisor is...Satan?  Dwight?

The "other side" of Cynthia is the only side I've really seen of her since she and Peter divorced.  She's so fucking extra, and not even in a fun way, just an annoying way.  I have no idea how she allowed her bedroom to look like that while filming, but I guess it's better to let it be aired than to forcibly remove the cameraman by ripping his shirt, so that's a start.

I do not think Yovanna or Marlo want Nene and Cynthia to make up.  They just want to spread mess, which, hey, I'm here for.

I love how Cynthia acts like "talking shit" is a legal term or something.  Yes, I believe 100% she was talking shit about Nene when she met with Yovanna off camera.  Cynthia was acting like "talking shit" required premeditation, so her whole defense was, "no, child, I wasn't dawg-um talkin no shit I said what was on my mind youcangotellNenewhatIsaidseewhatIcare."  Yes, all that can be true, and you were still talking shit if you spoke negatively about her, which you did.  Defensive much?

The doll is the new bunny from RHBH.  Such manufactured drama.  I'm not here for it.  Donate the damn doll to charity, Kenya, and stop acting like a fool.

-------------------------------

I think it's awesome that Kandi gives her daughter so much.  I don't know how that apartment could have cost that little in NYC.  I would think it would easily be closer to $15k a month than $5, and I doubt it's in Manhattan proper.  Probably on Roosevelt Island or in Long Island City or Brooklyn.

I feel bad for Kayla.  Even though she's an adult and Riley is a minor, that has to sting.  On an earlier episode Kandi said she wanted to give Kayla money, but Todd wouldn't let her.  What's up with that, Todd, or should I say Martin?

-----------------------------

I think it's safe to say a child should never sleep in the bed with their parents.  It's not a good sign that Marc is insisting on it with Kenya.  He's trying to use the child to create physical distance from Kenya, instead of being a man and saying, "Kenya, let's call this.  We can do therapy, but I really don't think this relationship is going to work.  I don't want to see you outside of therapy until I can get my head straight."  Kenya doesn't have to wait for him to say it either.  She's free to create a boundary, or as Porsha would say, a border, at any time.

--------------------------

Former server nitpick:  When Eva first got to the Ego Fest, someone from the staff handed her a drink and she just took it with no thank you.  Last episode, when Marlo said she wanted some duck, Eva just said, all haughty, "put some duck on the plate for her."   Like, where the hell is the please, you entitled bitch?  Eva has a really high opinion of herself for someone who had a controversial win on America's Next Top Model close to 15 years ago, was constantly told she was too short to model, and was ignored or disliked by most of the cast.  Now a decade and a half later, she is married to a failed mayoral candidate and they can't find housing.  Yet she's so pompous.

Can we just get DeShawn Snow back already?  She had money, class, money, a sweet demeanor, money...

I remember Eva had this one girl that was obsessed with her that she lead around by the nose.

• Love 3

Please get Nene off this show. She's going to drag Cynthia because of hurtful comments but Nene doesn't feel she owes any apology for the vile things she said about Cynthia preceding all this. 

Marlo is trash, but she sure can zap Kenya real good. Loved the comment telling Kenya to play submissive like she does with Marc.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
56 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

He's not gone. Tonight on WWHL Porsha said they are back together and will be getting married "sometime" in 2020.

I guess she wants another TV special.

Porsha looks fine after baby.  I think she had another BBL, though. 

I do not eat hot dogs....but, his food looked good......and, he was very generous.

Kandi’s OLG food looks good, too!  Fried green tomatoes.  I eat that!

It was sad when they showed Cynthia’s blackened shriveled up wieners.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, lyric said:

Weird that Marlo seems to be getting more air time than nearly everyone else. Kenya is still the worst - her try-hard antics are so desperate and exhausting. 

Are they auditioning her to replace Nene?  I mean, PRO no more Nene.  CON more Marlo.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Kenya is mean and petty. No wonder she had to pay Marc to impregnate and “marry” her. I used to like Kenya, and always hoped she’d get her happily ever after. She needs to get some counseling. 

It’s great that Kandi is supportive of Riley’s dreams, but, the girl is only 16. She has her entire life to be an adult. Being a good parent doesn’t always mean saying yes to everything. I hope the new baby didn’t have anything to do with Riley moving out. 

• Love 12
39 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Kenya is mean and petty. No wonder she had to pay Marc to impregnate and “marry” her. I used to like Kenya, and always hoped she’d get her happily ever after. She needs to get some counseling. 

It’s great that Kandi is supportive of Riley’s dreams, but, the girl is only 16. She has her entire life to be an adult. Being a good parent doesn’t always mean saying yes to everything. I hope the new baby didn’t have anything to do with Riley moving out. 

Riley didn't move out. She's just in NYC for a summer internship which is usually six weeks or so. She'll be home to finish out HS.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Does Eva give Marlo hot pants? (™ Roger Sterling) Why is Marlo so obsessed with Eva's finances and sexuality? If Eva's living above her means, that's her business. Everyone knows Marlo sleeps with old men to maintain her lifestyle. She doesn't have a day job, so mind your business. Eva already read you once, sis. 

I'm not looking forward to BaileyQue's becoming a thing. All of these women are immature and petty, but it was extra junior high-ish last night. Cynthia hasn't been coming across well this season at all. She's really embracing her inner Mean Girl. I don't dislike Cynthia, but between the thirstiness with Mike and putting on this petty-ass barbecue, she's losing me.

Those outfits were a mess. Kenya's dress was too tight and too young. Her boobs were squished. It was the style, but I didn't like how sheer Tanya's dress was. Was her underwear showing? Shamea did look the best. 

Sigh, this is why I can't with Kenya. When she revealed her insecurity and briefly stopped acting like a cartoon, she was OK, but regifting the doll when you know the person who gave you the doll would be in attendance was not only petty, but messy. Then telling Eva that she would have to care about her in order for her feelings to be hurt was bullshit. If she was unbothered, she would've just kept the doll. Obviously she felt slighted that Eva didn't bring her kids to the party. But talking about it would be the adult thing to do and we can't have that. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

Sigh, this is why I can't with Kenya. When she revealed her insecurity and briefly stopped acting like a cartoon, she was OK, but regifting the doll when you know the person who gave you the doll would be in attendance was not only petty, but messy. Then telling Eva that she would have to care about her in order for her feelings to be hurt was bullshit. If she was unbothered, she would've just kept the doll. Obviously she felt slighted that Eva didn't bring her kids to the party. But talking about it would be the adult thing to do and we can't have that. 

Yeah, Kenya is still the same as ever. She is latching onto Eva the same way she to Porsha back in season 5, someone she can turn a small incident into a full blown rivalry with for drama and a storyline.

Also, I think her revealing her insecurity was kind of staged. She brings it up but doesn't want to talk about, hoping the rest of them women would insist she go into more details...and they just moved on instead. Ha.

Who would have guessed that unlike Kenya, Porsha is showing the tiniest bit of maturity and growth after having a baby?

Good think Yovana spends so much time at Cynthia's winery, cause that is one thirsty asshole.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10

Kenya sure can pick them, her last dude busted up her house and this guy doesn't want to touch her.  Maybe Apollo needs to come around when he's free, at least he played with her around the pool.  That's more than she's getting now.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Problem was, she was boring.  No one wants to watch boring, though I did like her.  Wasn't there some scandal surrounding her minister?

The way Kenya acts make me feel sorry for her daughter.  I get the feeling that Marc wanted to have a baby with her so he could say, "Kenya Moore is my baby mama."

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Ann? She was a hot fucking mess; made Eva look like the picture of mental health 

CB42AF39-4C0F-4C83-97D4-694F23129565-17730-00000926D44A7D4E.png.6f2d311254ba9d102be64c54673072ed.png

Yes, that girl was obsessed with E after having just met her. Eva could give two shits about her.

13 hours ago, lyric said:

Weird that Marlo seems to be getting more air time than nearly everyone else. Kenya is still the worst - her try-hard antics are so desperate and exhausting. 

Why the heck am I starting to like Marlow? I could not stand her ratchet ass in previous seasons. 

13 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

I guess she wants another TV special.

Porsha looks fine after baby.  I think she had another BBL, though. 

I do not eat hot dogs....but, his food looked good......and, he was very generous.

Kandi’s OLG food looks good, too!  Fried green tomatoes.  I eat that!

It was sad when they showed Cynthia’s blackened shriveled up wieners.

The last sentence made me think of Peter.

3 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Kandi is tailoring Riley's life with all the privileges she could never of dreamed of growing up. It must be fantastic to grow up hard, make something of yourself using your god given talents, and then provide luxury and opportunity for your daughter. I just hope it does not spoil Riley too much.

2 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Does Eva give Marlo hot pants? (™ Roger Sterling) Why is Marlo so obsessed with Eva's finances and sexuality? If Eva's living above her means, that's her business. Everyone knows Marlo sleeps will old men to maintain her lifestyle. She doesn't have a day job, so mind your business. Eva already read you once, sis. 

I'm not looking forward to BaileyQue's becoming a thing. All of these women are immature and petty, but it was extra junior high-ish last night. Cynthia hasn't been coming across well this season at all. She's really embracing her inner Mean Girl. I don't dislike Cynthia, but between the thirstiness with Mike and putting on this petty-ass barbecue, she's losing me.

Those outfits were a mess. Kenya's dress was too tight and too young. Her boobs were squished. It was the style, but I didn't like how sheer Tanya's dress was. Was her underwear showing? Shamea did look the best. 

Kenya is really looking thirsty. First, begging her husband to want to spend time with her and then re gifting in front of the giver just to cause on camera drama. The re-gifting was so fake in front of Eva was so fake...no one does that in real life. The worst I can think of is returning the present to the giver if it offends you in some way, but few people even do that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Except for the car which is ridiculous for a kid. It's not the money per se but the worst kind of car to give a kid as the first car is something sporty and it is inevitably going to get into an accident. Or an SUV which is actually more difficult to drive well than a sedan because it is top heavy. My friend's kids went to an expensive private school in Los Angeles and the kids almost all got very expensive cars when they started driving and they all got into accidents. There was even a fatality (not in my friend's school) where a first time driver crashed his large SUV because it was too hard to handle and he over shot something. My friend gave her kid her old Lexus sedan - the kid got into an accident of course but since the car was a beater nobody cared.

The other stuff she is funding seem to be experiences. I think she mentioned doing a summer course at UCLA. My cousin's daughter did that and it's a great summer school experience - it's basically summer camp for an older teen. And she mentioned sending her to Europe during a summer which is again an experience which is not uncommon among affluent parents who aren't over the top. It seems as though she is raising her to do the college type of thing versus some rich celebrity parents/housewives who are raising their kids to be wastrels. 

The apartment wasn't in Manhattan - it looked as though it had a view of the East Side of Manhattan so it could have been Roosevelt Island which is an odd choice. I would imagine it was a fully furnished sublet so the price for a full service two bedroom wasn't out of line.

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
42 minutes ago, amarante said:

Except for the car which is ridiculous for a kid. It's not the money per se but the worst kind of car to give a kid as the first car is something sporty. Or an SUV which is actually more difficult to drive well than a sedan because it is top heavy.

The other stuff she is funding seem to be experiences. I think she mentioned doing a summer course at UCLA. My cousin's daughter did that and it's a great summer school experience - it's basically summer camp for an older teen. And she mentioned sending her to Europe during a summer which is again an experience which is not uncommon among affluent parents who aren't over the top. It seems as though she is raising her to do the college type of thing versus some rich celebrity parents/housewives who are raising their kids to be wastrels. 

The apartment wasn't in Manhattan - it looked as though it had a view of the East Side of Manhattan so it could have been Roosevelt Island which is an odd choice. I would imagine it was a fully furnished sublet so the price for a full service two bedroom wasn't out of line.

A SUV is hard to drive...???  A SUV is the easiest car drive!  

Especially, a luxury Porsche.

My hardest car to drive was a BMW convertible.  It was gorgeous ......but, that thing was so low to the ground and only had 2 doors. Because, of the low profile tires I used to get blow outs frequently and while driving.   Very dangerous.  This BMW convertible is considered the quintessential teen car.

Riley is a full size girl and will not have any problems driving her SUV as I am child size and just love mine.

I am happy to see Riley getting spoiled.  Kandi just had another baby girl.....and, hopefully we won’t see Riley have any jealousy issues with her mom’s new family.

Not only because of the money, but because she is growing up with her father which she did not have.  

For the most part, Riley seems like a well adjusted girl.  

I kinda hated that scene because I feel it was fueled by Kandi.  

And, it was Kandi who made Riley look bad.  The ice tray was not a big deal.  I mean....$7,000 a month and the fridge does not have an ice maker....?. I do not think any of us will buy our main kitchen fridge without an ice maker. So, the apartment landlords kinda cheap out on that!  

Kinda like buying a TV without a remote.  Nobody wants that!!!! I mean,  even WiFi is a necessity.   LOL! 

Kandi does have this thing that when she gives you something......she likes to make a huge show of it and it makes her HWs scenes.   She did the same to Mama Joyce.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Kandi is tailoring Riley's life with all the privileges she could never of dreamed of growing up. It must be fantastic to grow up hard, make something of yourself using your god given talents, and then provide luxury and opportunity for your daughter. I just hope it does not spoil Riley too much.

I'm here for every minute of the sentiment of this.  I go back and forth about the execution.  On Riley's 16th birthday she posted a gofundme link and then black twitter was like lil girl if you don't git your millionaire mama having ass the entire fuck outta here.....   Then Kandi turned it into a whole mill talmbout she was just doing what 16 year olds everywere do on their birthday.     A.  4 years ago I had a 16 year old.  She never.   B.  Ain't $40M large in my td simple checking account.   Long story story short, she took the link down,  The donations of clout chasers whom had already contributed were sent to a charity Riley/Kandi chose.  Tuh.  Like I said, I do love that like most parents she wants hers to have not only what she didn't but the best they can have.  And I'm willing to overlook ^^ this shit here because she also always seeks to include Kayla in a way that almost makes up for Joyce being an asshole about her exclusion.   

Girl we may have to be okay about the probability that this ship has sailed.   That baby don't know how to turn water into ice.

Speaking of assholes, Kenya has the worst case of displaced aggression I've ever seen.  What was the magic word, energy?  Bish run that same vibe back on over to your husband.   Look ya'll, I'm only finna feel so bad for this chick.  She said when they met, he smooth *acted* unimpressed to meet her, to the point that he left her in the restaurant without so much as a how do you do.   That's not aloofosity beloved, he don't kuuuuuur.    Andplusalso on behalf of camp double deez, stay your ass outta Forever 21, H&M and/or Vicky's Secret, they not talking to us. 

I need the housewives to rifle through the diaspora that is the lacefront and full frontal, potentially edge challgened collection.  I can see myself in box braids anytime.  

Eva:  "..................good day and enjoy your noodles!"

Somebody:   That was funny.  I  don't see any noodles

Eva:  "they right there on her plate"

Bravo Camera 1:  close up on Kenya's ramen

3 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Yes, DeShawn was nice and classy.

She was also a cure for insomnia.

She also didn't wanna stay on tv through her personal scandal.   I think Eric married that other lady.   She reminds me of whasshername on RHOP, hincty, basketball player's ex.  

No Nene is like wearing Nicoderm.   Every day is easier until one morning you're like....I used to smoke?

Porsha looked lovely talking to her mom.  I still wanna know where everybody going everyday that a body con dress looks normal.   

16 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

A SUV is hard to drive...???  A SUV is the easiest car drive!  

Especially, a luxury Porsche.

My hardest car to drive was a BMW convertible.  It was gorgeous ......but, that thing was so low to the ground and only had 2 doors. Because, of the low profile tires I used to get blow outs frequently and while driving.   Very dangerous.  This BMW convertible is considered the quintessential teen car.

Riley is a full size girl and will not have any problems driving her SUV as I am child size and just love mine.

I am happy to see Riley getting spoiled.  Kandi just had another baby girl.....and, hopefully we won’t see Riley have any jealousy issues with her mom’s new family.

Not only because of the money, but because she is growing up with her father which she did not have.  

For the most part, Riley seems like a well adjusted girl.  

I kinda hated that scene because I feel it was fueled by Kandi.  

And, it was Kandi who made Riley look bad.  The ice tray was not a big deal.  I mean....$7,000 a month and the fridge does not have an ice maker....?. I do not think any of us will buy our main kitchen fridge without an ice maker. So, the apartment landlords kinda cheap out on that!  

Kinda like buying a TV without a remote.  Nobody wants that!!!! I mean,  even WiFi is a necessity.   LOL! 

Kandi does have this thing that when she gives you something......she likes to make a huge show of it and it makes her HWs scenes.   She did the same to Mama Joyce.

Not to speak on anybody's behalf.  I would think the reason SUVs aren't advisable for new/young or even not young but first time drivers is because a car with a naturally higher and less stable center of gravity is not what a demographic known for impulsive decision making/behavior should drive.  And by that I don't mean she doesn't "deserve" a porsche or what not, I mean kids in fast cars, drive fast.   It's not a smart thing to aid, nevermind in the category of car that will tip over if you don't know what you're doing taking a corner.    The technicalities aside, I {{popscolla}} tested a couple Cayennes over the summer.  The field of vision sucks (it's very narrow) so why make it harder for a teen to see?  Lissen don't mind me, I need for my child to know what a blind spot is even if her car beeps and talks and shit.   I like Kandi.  She seems to want her kids to have real and practical experiences and she wants them to have the best of everything.  Those can look oppositional.   I did pregiggle when she said you have the life.....I swear I was waiting for her to say "of Riley" - me, screaming at the tv:  how are you not gonna finish that punny!!!!   

While I'm still working in the Department of Knowitalls, landlords (in NY anyway) don't have to provide a fridge, but if they do, it'll be just a fridge.  It ain't finna tell you you outta milk or nothin.   Now you know she wasn't just put out at the inconvenience of no icemaker, she said, um, where do I get ice?  Lawd.  Dammit, I guess I can stop calling myself siddity, my fridge doesn't have an ice maker in the door, it's in the freezer lol!   Nevermind regular square cubes, they need to teach this child how to get everywhere on the island by subway.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I'm here for every minute of the sentiment of this.  I go back and forth about the execution.  On Riley's 16th birthday she posted a gofundme link and then black twitter was like lil girl if you don't git your millionaire mama having ass the entire fuck outta here.....   Then Kandi turned it into a whole mill talmbout she was just doing what 16 year olds everywere do on their birthday.     A.  4 years ago I had a 16 year old.  She never.   B.  Ain't $40M large in my td simple checking account.   Long story story short, she took the link down,  The donations of clout chasers whom had already contributed were sent to a charity Riley/Kandi chose.  Tuh.  Like I said, I do love that like most parents she wants hers to have not only what she didn't but the best they can have.  And I'm willing to overlook ^^ this shit here because she also always seeks to include Kayla in a way that almost makes up for Joyce being an asshole about her exclusion.   

Girl we may have to be okay about the probability that this ship has sailed.   That baby don't know how to turn water into ice.

Speaking of assholes, Kenya has the worst case of displaced aggression I've ever seen.  What was the magic word, energy?  Bish run that same vibe back on over to your husband.   Look ya'll, I'm only finna feel so bad for this chick.  She said when they met, he smooth *acted* unimpressed to meet her, to the point that he left her in the restaurant without so much as a how do you do.   That's not aloofosity beloved, he don't kuuuuuur.    Andplusalso on behalf of camp double deez, stay your ass outta Forever 21, H&M and/or Vicky's Secret, they not talking to us. 

I need the housewives to rifle through the diaspora that is the lacefront and full frontal, potentially edge challgened collection.  I can see myself in box braids anytime.  

Eva:  "..................good day and enjoy your noodles!"

Somebody:   That was funny.  I  don't see any noodles

Eva:  "they right there on her plate"

Bravo Camera 1:  close up on Kenya's ramen

She also didn't wanna stay on tv through her personal scandal.   I think Eric married that other lady.   She reminds me of whasshername on RHOP, hincty, basketball player's ex.  

No Nene is like wearing Nicoderm.   Every day is easier until one morning you're like....I used to smoke?

Porsha looked lovely talking to her mom.  I still wanna know where everybody going everyday that a body con dress looks normal.   

Not to speak on anybody's behalf.  I would think the reason SUVs aren't advisable for new/young or even not young but first time drivers is because a car with a naturally higher and less stable center of gravity is not what a demographic known for impulsive decision making/behavior should drive.  And by that I don't mean she doesn't "deserve" a porsche or what not, I mean kids in fast cars, drive fast.   It's not a smart thing to aid, nevermind in the category of car that will tip over if you don't know what you're doing taking a corner.    The technicalities aside, I {{popscolla}} tested a couple Cayennes over the summer.  The field of vision sucks (it's very narrow) so why make it harder for a teen to see?  Lissen don't mind me, I need for my child to know what a blind spot is even if her car beeps and talks and shit.   I like Kandi.  She seems to want her kids to have real and practical experiences and she wants them to have the best of everything.  Those can look oppositional.   I did pregiggle when she said you have the life.....I swear I was waiting for her to say "of Riley" - me, screaming at the tv:  how are you not gonna finish that punny!!!!   

While I'm still working in the Department of Knowitalls, landlords (in NY anyway) don't have to provide a fridge, but if they do, it'll be just a fridge.  It ain't finna tell you you outta milk or nothin.   Now you know she wasn't just put out at the inconvenience of no icemaker, she said, um, where do I get ice?  Lawd.  Dammit, I guess I can stop calling myself siddity, my fridge doesn't have an ice maker in the door, it's in the freezer lol!   Nevermind regular square cubes, they need to teach this child how to get everywhere on the island by subway.

You have to learn how to drive the proper way!  Learning how to maneuver a vehicle is part of the lesson.

My first car was a Jeep Wrangler.  Notorious for the tipping over during sharp turns and causing many many deaths.   Slow down before making a turn. I learned this at 16. 

As a petite person, I love the SUVs and in particular luxury cars with a nice seat that I can jack up! I feel like a pilot in the sky.

I think appliances are optional in real estate......in all states.  My second fridge in the laundry room conked out recently. I wanted one without the ice maker.  I wanted to put it on a wall without a waterline.  The selection was very limited.  Most fridge just come with an ice maker....at no significant up-charge. I ended up with an ice maker fridge and back in the old spot with the water line!  🙄

Yea! I would side eye an upmarket rental with a fridge like that. Makes it known landlord  intentionally  cheap out. I am gonna guess....no waterline.....why no ice maker.  NYC real estate is its own beast!  

Ice trays are no biggie!  I use them! I freeze food in them.  Or, buy cute ones to make ‘designers’ ice cubes.  All good!

hahhaha!  Life of Riley.  People have said that to me all the time and I don’t even get it.   But, Riley.....deserves her lifestyle.

Kandi just bought herself a $100,000 baby girl!!!!  Baby Blaze! 

I wonder if we are getting a Kandi....baby special....????

• Love 1
4 hours ago, qtpye said:

The last sentence made me think of Peter.

You know what makes me think of Peter?  When Porsha told Cynthia that the waitresses at Bar One were being paid in penis.

Would it be too on the nose for me to wonder if Porsha is now eating her words?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, watcherwoman said:

Kenya sure can pick them, her last dude busted up her house and this guy doesn't want to touch her.

Let's not forget the guy before the dude that busted up her house. Walter was his name and after they broke up (Kenya kept bugging the hell out of him about getting married) he swore she paid him to pretend to be her boyfriend for the show! Then there was the fake African Prince, then.......well, we all get the picture. That poor baby. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I read on some rag blog that she moved out because of Todd. Who knows, but I think he would be hard to stomach as a step dad. I bounced back and forth a lot as a kid, and he reads as one of those who like to lay down the law, as if he is her real dad, without actually being a real dad. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

I say give Marlo a peach. 

I actually really liked what she did/said at the end, lifting all the women up even if they don't like each other. Marlo can throw shade with the best of them, but she's also shown a lot of growth this season. 

Kenya's a piece of work. 

• Love 14

That baby don't know how to turn water into ice.

While I do think the Porsche is a bit much for a 16 year old (and said the same thing about Heather from the OC giving one to her daughter at that age), I do give Kandi credit for at least supporting her daughter financially on non-frivolous things. Academic summer camps, interning at law firms, trips to Europe, etc. If Riley wants to get a jump-start on all of that at this age, good for her.

But hey, if nothing else, at least she learned how to make ice for herself. And the NYC high-rise apartment porn was nice.

I actually really liked what she did/said at the end, lifting all the women up even if they don't like each other. Marlo can throw shade with the best of them, but she's also shown a lot of growth this season. 

You know something is way off when Marlo of all people is the voice of reason.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, qtpye said:

When Kandi was Riley’s age she was on tour and living in hotel rooms with maid service and already providing for her family. So not quite. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Kandi's daughter annoys me. The whole ice thing and cleaning the shower thing was an act by her imo. She was trying to seem cute or something. I still can’t forget her trying to get money for her bday either.

I’m weirdly liking Marlo this season.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

When Kandi was Riley’s age she was on tour and living in hotel rooms with maid service and already providing for her family. So not quite. 

Yes, but she had to earn those luxuries with her own talent. Riley is getting all the same things just for being born. Kandi seems very happy that she can provide for her daughter and maybe a bit too proud that Riley is "privileged".

5 hours ago, Marley said:

Kandi's daughter annoys me. The whole ice thing and cleaning the shower thing was an act by her imo. She was trying to seem cute or something. I still can’t forget her trying to get money for her bday either.

I’m weirdly liking Marlo this season.

She does not seem to have a lot in the way of charisma. That, coupled with the fact she looks much older than her age always makes her seem a little "slow".

That birthday party thing you guys are talking about is disgusting. The fact that Kandi thinks that this is the what all 16 year olds do is even more perplexing. 

• Love 12

I get your point @qtpye.  I guess I thought she’d think she’d not take it for granted like the cleaning or being more appreciative. At the same time she’s probably happy Riley is academic and keeps her nose clean and for a long time it was just them two. Kandi at Riley’s age wasn’t cleaning or living a typical life but was working her ass off and supporting a family. Kandi also has a habit of spoiling loved ones (ex: Mama Joyce). I also agree Riley has no charisma and seems dull. 

Eva gets on my last damn nerve. She’s so petty and spiteful. I don’t like her “nappy headed” comments or the age shaming remarks. When she lashes out it often seems like out of left field and her “reads” aren’t cutting zings like the other HWs and shade not just the other women but groups in general. I hate Phaedra, dislike Nene, dislike Marlo, and like Kenya. I’m looking at it objectively. All four’s insults are immensely wittier and quotable. And they come from a place of emotion or context vs Eva’s just doing the most to keep a peach, I assume because she’s broke. She might think blurting random shit might make her have the gifs and memes the others I mentioned have but that fell flat. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

In Kandi's latest Speak on it, she and Riley talk about Riley's internship and what she said in the episode regarding ice and cleaning. I guess Riley had an internship with a local law firm the previous summer. I am sure she was given special consideration with the NYC law firm, but she did mention she had to go through all the usual hoops to get it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I get your point @qtpye.  I guess I thought she’d think she’d not take it for granted like the cleaning or being more appreciative. At the same time she’s probably happy Riley is academic and keeps her nose clean and for a long time it was just them two. Kandi at Riley’s age wasn’t cleaning or living a typical life but was working her ass off and supporting a family. Kandi also has a habit of spoiling loved ones (ex: Mama Joyce). I also agree Riley has no charisma and seems dull. 

Eva gets on my last damn nerve. She’s so petty and spiteful. I don’t like her “nappy headed” comments or the age shaming remarks. When she lashes out it often seems like out of left field and her “reads” aren’t cutting zings like the other HWs and shade not just the other women but groups in general. I hate Phaedra, dislike Nene, dislike Marlo, and like Kenya. I’m looking at it objectively. All four’s insults are immensely wittier and quotable. And they come from a place of emotion or context vs Eva’s just doing the most to keep a peach, I assume because she’s broke. She might think blurting random shit might make her have the gifs and memes the others I mentioned have but that fell flat. 

For as attractive as Eva is, she always seems like a rotten person underneath. I can imagine that she has no use for you unless she can gain some sort of advantage.

I have no idea why she is broke. She won ANTM and was on the Young and the Restless for a while. She should have been able to build that into something at least a little lucrative.

You are right about Kandi spoiling her ratched ass relatives. Todd, seems nice enough but the rest of her crew....Don Juan, Mama Joyce, and the Old Lady Gang...seem like a bunch of users who have nothing else going for them beyond Kandi's generosity. 

I am glad that Riley is doing well academically and hope to God she has somewhat of a good head on her shoulders. Otherwise, I am afraid Kandi is setting her up to be the dopey girl that everyone only has around to pay for things. Riley, could easily become a "wallet" to a bunch of hyenas just like her mother. Of course, Riley probably hangs out with rich kids so it probably is not an issue. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I am glad that Riley is doing well academically and hope to God she has somewhat of a good head on her shoulders. Otherwise, I am afraid Kandi is setting her up to be the dopey girl that everyone only has around to pay for things. Riley, could easily become a "wallet" to a bunch of hyenas just like her mother. Of course, Riley probably hangs out with rich kids so it probably is not an issue. 

Let's not forget that at the time of this filming, Riley was only 16 years old. Very few of us would want to be judged by who we were at 16. I think that Riley will be okay. She is getting a good dose of Kandi's hustle philosophy, Todd's practical nature, exposure to different people, places and things, and top-notch educational experiences (summer at Stanford, y'all!!). That usually bodes well for kids - compare her to Nene's sons, who were just as pampered with material goods, but were not pushed to pursue education or encouraged to work and make their own way in the world. Kandi is not raising a kid whose sole ambition is to be a baller, with no understanding of what that actually entails. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
22 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Problem was, she was boring.  No one wants to watch boring, though I did like her.  Wasn't there some scandal surrounding her minister?

Didn't Mishter Shnow leave her for another woman, and also leave her high and dry?  I would actually like to see her life NOW. 

3 hours ago, qtpye said:

Yes, but she had to earn those luxuries with her own talent. Riley is getting all the same things just for being born. Kandi seems very happy that she can provide for her daughter and maybe a bit too proud that Riley is "privileged".

She does not seem to have a lot in the way of charisma. That, coupled with the fact she looks much older than her age always makes her seem a little "slow".

When you grow up with everything handed to you, it takes away your drive.  why work hard, or even work?  It is kind of cruel to take away the desire to succeed.  If you get everything, and you have nothing to dream about - you wake up with emptiness.  I am sure Kandi thinks it is exciting to give her daughter so much, but it is so important to let kids know that there is more out there for them to get on their own.

I have seen both sides - parents with a lot of money handing everything to the kids - they are the kids who end up drinking and using drugs just because they are so bored with life.  The parents who are able to give the kids ACCESS to nice things, making the kids work hard in school, without just handing it all over - they are the kids who succeed. 

I think she is also shy, maybe, but yeah she comes across as a little slow.  I know that some people are just not firing on all cylinders all the time, so it could be that.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

When you grow up with everything handed to you, it takes away your drive.  why work hard, or even work?  It is kind of cruel to take away the desire to succeed.  If you get everything, and you have nothing to dream about - you wake up with emptiness.  I am sure Kandi thinks it is exciting to give her daughter so much, but it is so important to let kids know that there is more out there for them to get on their own.  

See.  That's exactly what I think Kandi is trying to do for her daughter.  She's trying to show her through the educational opportunities and internships that there is a lot of opportunity out there and she's going to have to go out and get it.   She is trying to prepare her to take care of herself, rather than rely on Kandi's money.    I think Kandi has seen how Nene's and Kim's kids are turning out, and is making sure the same doesn't happen to Riley.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

See.  That's exactly what I think Kandi is trying to do for her daughter.  She's trying to show her through the educational opportunities and internships that there is a lot of opportunity out there and she's going to have to go out and get it.   She is trying to prepare her to take care of herself, rather than rely on Kandi's money.    I think Kandi has seen how Nene's and Kim's kids are turning out, and is making sure the same doesn't happen to Riley.   

I completely agree regarding Kandi's parenting versus most of the other housewives who have raised neer do wells.

My close friend is extremely wealthy - let's say worth at least $50 million. Her daughters have obviously been raised with privilege but they were also raised to achieve well academically. One graduated law school. They were also given the same kinds of experiences that Kandi is giving her her daughter. There is actually a way to parent wealthy kids so that they don't become wastrels and it appears that Kandi is taking that path. Compare the spawn of some entertainers who far less talented kids attempt to make it in show biz.

Riley wants to be an entertainment LAWYER (or at least is thinking about it) versus thinking she should sing or act or blog or do some other kind of fame whore occupation. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, amarante said:

I completely agree regarding Kandi's parenting versus most of the other housewives who have raised neer do wells.

My close friend is extremely wealthy - let's say worth at least $50 million. Her daughters have obviously been raised with privilege but they were also raised to achieve well academically. One graduated law school. They were also given the same kinds of experiences that Kandi is giving her her daughter. There is actually a way to parent wealthy kids so that they don't become wastrels and it appears that Kandi is taking that path. Compare the spawn of some entertainers who far less talented kids attempt to make it in show biz.

Riley wants to be an entertainment LAWYER (or at least is thinking about it) versus thinking she should sing or act or blog or do some other kind of fame whore occupation. 

Does Riley get good grades? I appreciate Kandi giving Riley all these opportunities but I think she does her daughter a disservice by featuring her on camera.

In the show, Riley always come off as a bit of a lump that Kandi is desperately trying to polish into a diamond. I am sure she is a smart and lovely girl in real life, but she just is not camera ready, as of yet.

I am still a little mad about them asking money for her birthday, that is tacky as hell. I had not heard about it until I came to these boards.

Riley seems to get along well with her step father, though someone up-thread said she might of moved out because of Todd. It really is weird for Riley to get so much and then there is a step sister in the picture. The situation is awkward and there is no right way to go about it. Kandi seems generous enough to Todd's daughter (really Kandi is just a generous person in general, sometimes too much...remember when she gave her mama a house and her ratched ass boyfriend ripped the place apart and stole the copper wire) but she really is not obligated to do all the same things for Todd's adult daughter that she does for Riley.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, qtpye said:

In the show, Riley always come off as a bit of a lump that Kandi is desperately trying to polish into a diamond.

Yes, you are right.  Riley's temperment can be compared to a wet noodle.

It always saddens me when the parent let's the child move to NYC, pays for a an apartment, in this case a fully furnished, $5500/month apartment and then talks about how the child will have to clean said apartment and it is met with surprise and ignorance on how to achieve that.  The parent has done nothing to prepare the child for the most basic of life skills.

I guess when Riley cleans the bathroom for the first time Kandi will send her an expensive gift for that task.

• Love 8