Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: The Regift That Keeps on Giving

• Start Topic

I guess when Riley cleans the bathroom for the first time Kandi will send her an expensive gift for that task.

Maybe Riley's hustle is even better than we think it is lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, you are right.  Riley's temperment can be compared to a wet noodle.

It always saddens me when the parent let's the child move to NYC, pays for a an apartment, in this case a fully furnished, $5500/month apartment and then talks about how the child will have to clean said apartment and it is met with surprise and ignorance on how to achieve that.  The parent has done nothing to prepare the child for the most basic of life skills.

I guess when Riley cleans the bathroom for the first time Kandi will send her an expensive gift for that task.

Heck, you know that girl ain't cleaning anything. I am sure Kandi has already gotten her a housekeeper. I think she even mentioned a "friend" that was supposedly going to be living with Riley. This person is probably really a "live in maid and caretaker". I would not be surprised if the "friend" also acts as Riley's personal assistant.

People have done worse to live rent free in a nice NYC apartment.

• Love 6

The experience of not knowing how to clean is pretty universal among lots of kids - most common when they move out for college which is the first time they have to do any cleaning. I was never expected to actually "clean" so I had to "learn" how to actually clean. Theoretically I was supposed to clean my room - i.e. hang up clothing - but my mother gave up the battle as there were more important battles to be fought so she just kept the door shut LOL. 

Riley just appears to me to be a very average teenager. I had no charisma when I was 16 and would probably have been viewed as lumpish and lacking personality as well. Riley - at least as far as I can recall - isn't being exploited as nothing intimate or negative is being shown on camera versus other housewives who have really exposed extremely negative behavior and traits of their spawn. 

I think Todd is pretty admirable for wanting his daughter to NOT be the recipient of Kandi's money. She doesn't seem to be hurting for money and I would bet that she is subsidized so that she isn't lacking necessary stuff and he would provide her with tuition for example so she wouldn't need student loans. I got the sense that he didn't want her provided with stuff that HE couldn't afford to give his children. 

I don't think it's really the same dynamic as a stepchild who is raised from a young age with disparate care. If anything the hard part for his daughter would have been being raised in a divorced home with not as much access to her father versus the two kids being raised (for the moment) in a two parent home but both she and Riley are going to have those same issues and Todd was much more present for his daughter than Riley's completely non-present father. One episode they met but there has never been a follow up in terms of whether they have any kind of relationship at this point.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, you are right.  Riley's temperment can be compared to a wet noodle.

It always saddens me when the parent let's the child move to NYC, pays for a an apartment, in this case a fully furnished, $5500/month apartment and then talks about how the child will have to clean said apartment and it is met with surprise and ignorance on how to achieve that.  The parent has done nothing to prepare the child for the most basic of life skills.

I'd be much more concerned about this if it was happening when she was moving out for college, but she's still in HS and has never had to clean at home. Now is the perfect time for her to learn during the couple of months she's away. Plus, she's going to be there with an older friend of the family, so there will be an adult who hopefully says "I'm not your mama or your maid. Get in that bathroom and wash that tub out." 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, After7Only said:

See.  That's exactly what I think Kandi is trying to do for her daughter.  She's trying to show her through the educational opportunities and internships that there is a lot of opportunity out there and she's going to have to go out and get it.   She is trying to prepare her to take care of herself, rather than rely on Kandi's money.    I think Kandi has seen how Nene's and Kim's kids are turning out, and is making sure the same doesn't happen to Riley.   

I see what you are saying, and yes she is definitely doing a better job than Nene or Kim.  When is Kim's house of cards going to fall?  I am wondering the same about the Gorgas on RHNJ.  You can only live so long throwing money around like that before the charade is up!  Does Troy or Kroy or whatever still play football?  How can they afford this bullshit life?

Sorry for the Kim tangent.. back to Kandi, I think she is opening doors for Riley and she has good intentions, but paying for her fancy nyc apartment is a bit much.  Maybe she just wants her to be safe.  But if Riley is going to make it on her own, let her climb the ladder.

2 hours ago, qtpye said:

In the show, Riley always come off as a bit of a lump that Kandi is desperately trying to polish into a diamond. I am sure she is a smart and lovely girl in real life, but she just is not camera ready, as of yet.

I am still a little mad about them asking money for her birthday, that is tacky as hell. I had not heard about it until I came to these boards.

Riley seems to get along well with her step father, though someone up-thread said she might of moved out because of Todd. It really is weird for Riley to get so much and then there is a step sister in the picture. The situation is awkward and there is no right way to go about it. Kandi seems generous enough to Todd's daughter (really Kandi is just a generous person in general, sometimes too much...remember when she gave her mama a house and her ratched ass boyfriend ripped the place apart and stole the copper wire) but she really is not obligated to do all the same things for Todd's adult daughter that she does for Riley.

She does come off lump-like!

WHAT???  I did not hear about either of these things..  money for a birthday is beyond tacky, and weird! 

And Joyce's boyfriend stripped her house of copper?  Jesus!!!

For some reason I am remembering how Kandi's awful mom treated Kayla (sp?) when Kandi and Todd were getting married.  On the wedding day, Kandi said that Kayla is a good girl, and that BITCH Joyce says, "well we already have a good girl, we don't need another" or something like that.  While Kayla was sitting right there! 

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I see what you are saying, and yes she is definitely doing a better job than Nene or Kim.  When is Kim's house of cards going to fall?  I am wondering the same about the Gorgas on RHNJ.  You can only live so long throwing money around like that before the charade is up!  Does Troy or Kroy or whatever still play football?  How can they afford this bullshit life?

Sorry for the Kim tangent.. back to Kandi, I think she is opening doors for Riley and she has good intentions, but paying for her fancy nyc apartment is a bit much.  Maybe she just wants her to be safe.  But if Riley is going to make it on her own, let her climb the ladder.

She does come up lump-like!

WHAT???  I did not hear about either of these things..  money for a birthday is beyond tacky, and weird! 

And Joyce's boyfriend stripped her house of copper?  Jesus!!!

For some reason I am remembering how Kandi's awful mom treated Kayla (sp?) when Kandi and Todd were getting married.  On the wedding day, Kandi said that Kayla is a good girl, and that BITCH Joyce says, "well we already have a good girl, we don't need another" or something like that.  While Kayla was sitting right there! 

Joyce is a low class woman who only cares about her daughter's money. She feels like she is entitled to it and wants no one else dipping into her coin. Joyce could care less about Kandi's happiness and long as she gets hers.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I just saw this yesterday.

OH MY GOD she looks like a completely different person!  She definitely got her nose, eyes and lips done.  The weight loss is making her look different too, but that is one surgically changed face.

I love how in the video, she says that people keep telling her she looks different, but she thinks they mean that she is a different person inside??  Haha, ok, Deshawn! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

OH MY GOD she looks like a completely different person!  She definitely got her nose, eyes and lips done.  The weight loss is making her look different too, but that is one surgically changed face.

I love how in the video, she says that people keep telling her she looks different, but she thinks they mean that she is a different person inside??  Haha, ok, Deshawn! 

I think it's just the nose which is drastically different and the weight loss.

Her lips are probably the same but they are carefully lined in the after photo and she isn't grinning.

The other differences are because the current photo is posed and she has a massive amount of makeup done by a professional. It also looks as if it was photoshopped. The "before" photo is a candid photo which also catches her in a completely unflattering facial expression.

• Love 2

Wow, she lost 35 lbs, and she looks amazing in the face too!

I couldn't watch that whole video, because I'm at work, and for some reason my boss doesn't put as much importance on this as me, so I watched a quick three minute video about it on my phone, and it said that Eric Snow, the ex, fathered a baby to a family friend when they were still married (!) and that DeShawn's son is going to Michigan State on scholarship (so awesome)!

And the coup de grace is that while DeShawn was busy getting all snatched, this is what happened to Eric.  

05E0195B-7FB1-4376-A9D8-DBAB7818FAB1-204-00000029B3C40733.thumb.jpg.c90333abdaa52ca0fb0eb0c2772ea7af.jpg

Sucks, cheater!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 12/5/2019 at 11:13 AM, heatherchandler said:

Well she was never that bright...

• LOL 5

Sounds like Mr. Shnow left DeShawn without any money.  Otherwise, why is she mixed up with this fraud, trying to get an advance on funds she hasn't made yet?  I wonder if they had a prenup.  Anyone know anything about the divorce settlement?

She didn't get "some seven figures" like Sheree was hoping for.  Sheree got seven figures... seven zeros!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Riley’s apartment is on the East Side, you could see Roosevelt Island from the roof. I think it’s great that Kandi is having Riley do these fantastic experiences during the summer. However I wouldn’t buy my kid a Porsche if I had Kandi’s money. If they get the ultimate dream stuff at 16, it seems to me that it would kind of make adult things pretty dull.

We have a housekeeper, however my son knows how to do his laundry, vacuum and clean a bathroom. When he’s demonstrated a lack of appreciation for having his room cleaned and his laundry done, he has had those privileges taken away. He also has his own responsibilities around the house, like taking out the garbage, shoveling snow and de pooping the backyard (I live in The Bronx, not Manhattan).

When they first showed the apartment I was like “Kandi do NOT tell me this 16 year old is going to live on her own in NYC!” I was genuinely relieved when the family friend was shown.

• Love 5