Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This business with Victor has been all tell and no show. We could at least get a few flashbacks that show Victor laying the groundwork for all of this, but instead we get a dumb letter and a "special" deck of tarot cards? Okay, Show.

We don't even get the connect back to Drew, who was controlled by Tarot cards.  I'm sure Victor didn't just send Drew a letter to "program" him.  Unless Victor emailed him and told him he was a Nigerian prince and Drew must do his bidding?

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
33 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I'm sure Victor didn't just send Drew a letter to "program" him.  Unless Victor emailed him and told him he was a Nigerian prince and Drew must do his bidding?

Drew is a big enough idiot that that would do it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 15
5 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I wasn’t a fan of Austin but it’s so bizarre that we saw him got shot on Friday and there’s been zero follow up. I get he wasn’t a super connected character since the Quartermaines weren’t close to him and Ava just told him off but he’s still a contract character. If he was that unimportant, they should have had him leave town to be never mentioned again. 

It's not all that shocking. See how dirty they did BM's Drew.

Character 1: Drew Cain's plane crashed.

Everyone: Ok.

Character 1: Funeral?

Everyone: LOL.

• Like 2
  • Applause 6

Color me surprised Scout is spending the holidays with Drew.

Charlotte sure was discharged quickly. Valentin is terrible at the difficult conversation he's supposed to be having with her, but that's par for the course.

LOL, Monica is at yet another medical conference. I liked Yuri's disapproval that Gloria arrived via bus. Heh. She could have taken the train, though it wouldn't necessarily have been faster. MetroNorth/Amtrak is notorious for delays.

It's not funny or cute for various characters to call Sasha and Cody a couple when they're uncomfortable with that designation. I hate stuff like this. It's so manipulative and gross. Good for Chase for trying to shut it down, but of course no one listens.

Now that TJ has decided to be a neurologist, I wonder how involved he'll get with Gregory's case.

They are really getting their money's worth from that alpaca.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Alexis' stank face when Molly said Stella has been a big comfort to her was a true Thanksgiving moment. ...Who invites someone they just met a couple weeks ago to their family only Thxgiving dinner. I guess they are fast-tracking Blaze/Christina. 

This Charlotte story can only be saved by a dymanic new Lulu waking up and taking part. A properly swarthy and dashing new Nik coming home would be cool, too, but I haven't been that nice this year, so Santa will probably thumbs down this request and give me more Michael.   

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I wasn’t a fan of Austin but it’s so bizarre that we saw him got shot on Friday and there’s been zero follow up. I get he wasn’t a super connected character since the Quartermaines weren’t close to him and Ava just told him off but he’s still a contract character. If he was that unimportant, they should have had him leave town to be never mentioned again. 

I agree. Plus if it was really a question of his contract not being renewed, they should’ve had ample time to plan a better exit. It reminds me of Nik’s “body” being put in the closet for weeks without anyone checking to see if he was still there.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Charlotte sure was discharged quickly.

The time between Halloween and thanksgiving is very fluid on this show.  Halloween and it's "daily" events will last several weeks but then when Thanksgiving rolls along, you're expected to believe that a full month has occured.  So in that sense, Charlotte being released a month after "Halloween" makes sense.  

Monica is at yet another medical conference.

Do people hold conferences on Thanksgiving?!!

46 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Austin but it’s so bizarre that we saw him got shot on Friday and there’s been zero follow up.

And there won't be until at least Tuesday since there is no episode tomorrow and Monday is part two of Thanksgiving with the Carlys.  Ten bucks says all we'll get a is a conversation between Liz and Portia about how someone went to Austin's house to see why he hadn't shown up for work and found him.  I'm guessing the last day that we saw Austin was the last day we're going to see Austin.  He was so far removed from the Qs that there won't even be a memorial for him.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

We could not have had Thanksgiving without Blaze? The nurses ball is how anyone knows her yet she's so famous.  Instead of Cassadines at Alexis dinner like last year it's Blaze and Jordan.  No Dante, kids. 

Didn't Charlotte tell the truth to Nina this week? Interesting she tells Nina the truth but lies to her father and grandmother. 

Nice seeing Emma. 

That's it no pizza just the alarm? 

I thought it was kind of rude that Alexis toasted "The Davis'" when clearly there were a couple of Ashfords sitting there.  And a Blaze.

Still annoyed at how Valentin (and Laura) keep talking around Charlotte's crimes rather than confronting her.  Valentin only brings up the fire, not the vandalism. 

Charlotte "I was going to try street art". 

Give me a break.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I don't know what's so significant about the tarot cards. And I say that as someone with a couple of decks of my own from my adolescence.

Today was pretty fun, with Robert knowing how to get Anna out of her funk and Thanksgiving at the Davis' as well as the Quartermaines. (Do we know who Uncle Pete is?)

If Charlotte was telling Nina the truth and she only spray painted Anna's door and trashed her hotel room, then she isn't so far gone.  Victor put her into a boarding school on another continent and kept her father from being able to see her. Then he visited her and poisoned her mind that Anna was destroying her father and only Charlotte could save the family. A child who was already missing her mother, now losing her father, and with those flawed Cassadine genes, it's not so surprising that she became delusional.

If the next episode is Carly' family Thanksgiving, see you Tuesday, new episodes.

7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Color me surprised Scout is spending the holidays with Drew.

With the other girls, Donna and Avery. I'm pretty sure that it was arranged by Carly as Hallowe'en was.

7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Now that TJ has decided to be a neurologist, I wonder how involved he'll get with Gregory's case.

If it had been Michael, he would cure Gregory's ALS. Or figure out that he was misdiagnose and is going to survive.

4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Do people hold conferences on Thanksgiving?!!

Medical conferences tend to be excuses for exotic vacations for doctors. It makes sense to have it on a holiday anyway so that they lose less time from their practice.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

Can any of us blame Monica for wanting to get away from her family? Who amongst us wants to have to sit down with Michael, Drew, Willow, and Olivia at the same meal? 

Oh god.  that would be worse than thanksgiving with my family, who are no prizes. 

• Hugs 4
13 hours ago, ciarra said:

Valentin only brings up the fire

Which is the one thing Charlotte didn't do. (I don't think she's that far gone.) Ugh.

12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

(Do we know who Uncle Pete is?)

Do we care? I don't. In fact, I'm annoyed that Gloria is getting more plot than just saving Thanksgiving dinner.

• Like 5
On 11/23/2023 at 7:16 AM, CeChase said:

And now Michael has Drew still believing it was Ned who turned him into the SEC.  When this all comes out Nina isn't going to be the only one on the hook, and that I don't mind. 

Yikes, I did not catch that, that Michael is letting Drew still blame Ned. That's all kinds of wrong. When the truth does come out, that it was Nina, I hope she covers for Michael (with a proper recording as backup, of course) and blackmails him into helping her get back in good with her family. You know what they say about Karma, Michael.

19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Do we know who Uncle Pete is?

I don't even remember Lois's mom. I can't fathom why Show thinks we'd care about "Uncle Pete."

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I'm having a hard time buying into the Charlotte storyline.  I clearly remember the other young actress who played the Charlotte role, stating to Valentine her disdain and distrust of her grandfather Victor.  So, why are we supposed to believe that she would buy his B.S., hook-line and sinker? Revisionist history if you ask me.

In regards to the Austin character, no surprise here.  This show is cutthroat when it comes to dispensing of characters that Frank feels have reached their usefulness.  From Todd Manning to Franco and now to Austin, Roger's performances have been underwhelming to say the least.  I feel he played the characters the same exact way.  Wish him luck in his future endeavors.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 11/23/2023 at 9:27 PM, Artsda said:

That's it no pizza just the alarm? 

I actually liked the Thanksgiving cliffhanger. It's 50/50 that it will be more Pizza at Casa Q. The uncertainty is kinda cool.

The apparent RL affection between NLG and KeMo always warms my heart. The hand-holding, intertwining of arms and hugging is sweet. It really looks like KeMo considers NLG a surrogate mother figure.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 4

The "joke" of the ruined turkey dinner has been over for me for years. I wish they'd just fucking order the pizza to start with and be done with it. There's nothing wrong with pizza for Thanksgiving dinner!

Completely agree! I don't find it funny all. Just get it over with! Ha I think they even ordered gourmet pizzas one year, but of course something happened to those and they had to order from the usual place. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The "joke" of the ruined turkey dinner has been over for me for years. I wish they'd just fucking order the pizza to start with and be done with it. There's nothing wrong with pizza for Thanksgiving dinner!

That sort of bit only works for a year or 2 because it was surprising. After that, it became more about what was going to ruin their dinner since we know they won’t have one, which makes it lame. Plus aside from Ned, none of the 90s era are around and it doesn't hit the same when people like Olivia and Lois are leading the Thanksgiving charge. 

Wasn’t there a year nothing happened to the turkey but they realized it wasn’t the same as the pizza tradition so they donated their dinner? They should have ended it that year and just settled for pizza and let something else be their thanskgiving drama from then on. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

I think the most fun Thanksgiving scenes in the past few years was the 2021 one where all of the Cassadines showed up at Alexis’ house. Their dynamic was fun and we never saw them all together. I remember it getting a lot of positive chatter on here and Twitter as well because it was something new. 

• Like 6

Thanksgiving on GH: Nina is at the Quartermaines being abused by Michael (if he doesn't stop sneering, his face will freeze that way as the old folks used to say) Cut to Ava thanking Joss for saving her and everyone thanking Carly for being such a wonderful person.

Meanwhile Anna is blaming Nina for the fact that she shot Charlotte. What a bunch of unpleasant people.

Portia, co-chief of staff, decides to bail on her shift because things are slow at the hospital. In my experience, holidays are the busiest times at hospitals because 1. clinics are closed and 2. families start fighting so someone gets sick so they can all go to the hospital as a distraction. Don't get too complacent there Portia.

Spencer is serving pumpkin pie without whipped cream? Sacrilege.

Ugh, Robert has been dating Diane for a month.

I could not care less about Gloria's troubles but maybe Yuri will finally get something to do.

I knew that I should have skipped today. Only reason to watch was the 'In loving memory of Tyler Christopher'.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Ugh, they really are trying to make Robert and Diane happen. Huge mistake, Show. Huge mistake.

Watching Drew trying to be a father to Scout was laughable. I'm shocked he can pick her out among the girls.

Oh, isn't Sonny generous, letting Dex say hello to Joss at the house they're all at anyway.

Ugh, Marshall. Of course the champagne was "the good stuff." Spencer isn't going to bring plonk to his girlfriend's house where he knows people don't really like him, you jackass. Gah.

17 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Wasn’t there a year nothing happened to the turkey but they realized it wasn’t the same as the pizza tradition so they donated their dinner?

I think Olivia had the chef at the MetroCourt make a backup meal,and everyone decided pizza wasn't a bad idea (or the pizza arrived before the meal), so the turkey meal was donated to GH for the staff. It was weird Olivia acted as if Lois calling the MetroCourt was some sort of shockingly new idea. And her pissy face when Nina brought pizza from the MC's new pizza oven was weird. Is it so weird the kitchen is stretched to the limits? Is she unaware of what's going on at her own business? 

1 hour ago, mariah23 said:

STFU you SLS!!  You can’t control someone burning Thanksgiving dinner!

"I can't control fate, Michael." "You need to figure out how." OMG. When it doesn't snow on Christmas Eve, that will be Nina's fault. Ugh. Michael should just leave things be. Drew is out of Pentonville, Willow is happy, Wylie is ecstatic. Why rock the boat? Those snide comments continue to show what a stupid, petty turd he is.

It will never happen, but I'd love it if when Michael finally spills the beans about Nina and the SEC, Drew and Carly say, "Eh, whatever. Drew is out of Pentonville, we're happy, and we want to focus on the now, not the past."

Portia just up and leaves GH because things are slow?

And wow, Nina is getting it from all sides. She really is the new Julian.

So many unpleasant people in today's episode.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Speaking of running gags that need to be retired, the bit about the house being Monica's because Alan gave it to her does not hit the same when neither Alan or Monica (or any of their children) are on screen.

Monica should give the house to someone else in the family (Ned? BrookLynn? one of the children?  Yuri?  anyone but Drew or Michael/Willow/either of their spawn) so that line can be updated accordingly and be more relevant.

Edited by MarciNJ
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Is she unaware of what's going on at her own business? 

Olivia thinks that Michael is a brilliant businessman, I'm not surprised that she doesn't know what goes on at her own business or think that the restaurant may be filled with people who don't want to cook their own turkey.

Is Austin still bleeding out on the floor of his home? No one missed him? It's been a week (although not in show time).

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I could not care less about Gloria's troubles but maybe Yuri will finally get something to do.

And Yuri looked particularly hot today so that’s one thing I’ll be looking forward to watching.

I’m finding the Anna/Nina spat super childish but I skip over a lot so I might’ve missed something.

The Ned/Nina interaction was more fun.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, threebluestars said:

I DESPERATELY want Nina to do an end-run around Michael and tell Willow and drop in "Michael told me to stay away or he'd tell you, but I can't lie like that anymore" and throw him under the damn bus.

all the money to see that happen. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Desperado said:

The Ned/Nina interaction was more fun.

It was. Ned is someone who understands how to put things aside for the greater good.

If Ned is the one who spills the Nina/SEC beans, I think he'd do it in a fairly decent way, and of course beating pissy Michael to the punch is a giant plus.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, MarciNJ said:

Monica should give the house to someone else in the family (Ned? BrookLynn? one of the children?  Yuri?  anyone but Drew or Michael/Willow/either of their spawn) so that line can be updated accordingly and be more relevant.

She should give it to Jake because he's the only grandkid who didn't get dumped on her to raise. I know it's going to be Michael though because Mr. Sneerface is somehow the Q golden boy despite his Q genes coming from family butt monkey AJ. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Is Austin still bleeding out on the floor of his home? No one missed him? It's been a week (although not in show time).

I get the feeling we will never here Austin's name again.   Hope I they don't just drop it, though.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It will never happen, but I'd love it if when Michael finally spills the beans about Nina and the SEC, Drew and Carly say, "Eh, whatever. Drew is out of Pentonville, we're happy, and we want to focus on the now, not the past."

Wow, I did something weird with the quote above, but anyway -- Carly probably will be a big pill about it when she finds out, for sure, but it is a little bit of solace that Olivia actually did react like that when Ned told her about Nina. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Like 3

Michael is such an asshole.

I know Willow will inevitably treat Nina like shit when she finds out, but she really needs to call out Michale on being controlling and making decisions for her (and their children) without her input. I doubt it will happen.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

The Qs have interior sprinklers? 

Michael is such a jerk. Nina needs to just tell the truth about his blackmail. Michael can't even let it go for Thanksgiving in front of the kid.   He wants her to control it, well then tell the truth. 

I find it funny Nina doesn't sign Sonny's name to the gift card. Lol 

So Anna shoots and it's Nina's fault?  Nina doesn't need to have a chat with her. She doesn't need to owe Anna anything she was doing what Valentine asked. Then gonna call out what her husband Sonny would think? 

So Spencer was so crazy over Ace and now suddenly doesn't care to be there for his first Thanksgiving? 

Trina calls what Spencer said and foaming at the mouth a misunderstanding? 

Nice Ned let's it go, even Olivia acted like she knew nothing.  

Nice to put photo and memoriam of TC at end. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 4
28 minutes ago, Artsda said:

So Anna shoots and it's Nina's fault?  Nina doesn't need to have a chat with her. She doesn't need to owe Anna anything she was doing what Valentine asked.

Well, it was a crime, committed in Nina's hotel.  Nina can choose to delete the evidence, but she should have told Valentin he should level with Anna.  Nina's only consideration was protecting Charlotte.

46 minutes ago, katenm said:

Did I sleep through the scene where Taggert died? Just asking since Tina hasn't mentioned him in months.

Trina mentioned being grateful for having two dads, but Taggert could be laying in a gutter somewhere. 

• Like 3

You know the pile-on on Nina is absurd when Michael tells her she should've somehow controlled the food burning at the Q's and Lois calling the Metro Court for meals.  Fuck you, you absurd wannabe turd.

So are we just dropping Drew clutching his side and wincing?  Maybe he's psychic and it was a sympathy pain for poor, dead Austin like cold and stiff on a cabin floor. 

LOL at Portia practically doing a 'ding dong, Sprina's dead" dance only to come home and find him and Trina clearly still together. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

So Spencer was so crazy over Ace and now suddenly doesn't care to be there for his first Thanksgiving? 

I'd forgotten about Ace. And Laura and Kevin, and all Liz's kids. I hope they're somewhere enjoying Thanksgiving. I hope they've invited Taggart too.

3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So are we just dropping Drew clutching his side and wincing?  Maybe he's psychic and it was a sympathy pain for poor, dead Austin like cold and stiff on a cabin floor.

Somehow I feel that that's the only way someone is going to notice the Austin is dead.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

They really did well with the NAC casting. The aristocratic bearing that Tyler gave Nik is there in NAC’s Spencer. Genie’s idea of a secret Cassadine son resulted in two great hires for the show in those two men. 

The segue at the end from Spencer to the Tyler Christopher tribute was lovely. Glad the tribute was not preempted for me as I understand it was for some. The closing scene is on X if you missed it. 

Royal families like the Cassadines know crazy and the top shelf of the bar, Marshall. I see Curtis and Portia declined the fine champagne and drank other beverages and I caught the glare from Curtis that got Spencer’s hand off Trina’s back. Ha! 

It’s nice that Trina acknowledges Taggert, but the show should spring so we see him at big moments like holidays too. Portia can deservedly squirm some more. Lying about a child is vile. I am going to hope it turns out Esme and that last imposter who actually fathered her kid wind up riding into the sunset together. 

Wonder who’s buying Wyndemere? 

Ryan Lavery can go too. Magnanimous thy name is not Carly. MW did a great job conveying how out of place Ava felt at that dinner without her daughter right at hand. I don’t know all the history but Joss’ attitude toward Sonny and Sonny’s distance toward her makes sense. She’s Jax’s. Sonny would find that intolerable. 

Gloria does not need a storyline, let alone with the Russian mob.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

LOL at Portia practically doing a 'ding dong, Sprina's dead" dance only to come home and find him and Trina clearly still together. 

I know. It's always nice to see characters get a bit of comeuppance, even when it's as minimal as this was.

Both Portia and Curtis need to suck it up that Trina and Spencer are together. I've never been a huge Spencer fan, but now he has someone who calls him on his crap and he finally takes it more seriously than he has in the past. So maybe he can start to not be such an entitled jackass. That said, he's miles ahead of entitled turd Michael.

• Like 8
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I know. It's always nice to see characters get a bit of comeuppance, even when it's as minimal as this was.

Both Portia and Curtis need to suck it up that Trina and Spencer are together. I've never been a huge Spencer fan, but now he has someone who calls him on his crap and he finally takes it more seriously than he has in the past. So maybe he can start to not be such an entitled jackass. That said, he's miles ahead of entitled turd Michael.

A low bar indeed, but definitely Spencer meets it. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, statsgirl said:

And this is why it was wrong to kill Austin.  Who’s going to care about him being dead?  He had no friends.  He was supposed to be a Quartermaine but they blew that up.  Who is going to care?

Plus, are they really going to go the murder mystery route with this?  Nobody cared about him.  What is the point?

• Like 5

It took well over an hour to watch yesterday's thirty-six minutes - are the old writers back?

I like Curtis focused and given a purpose on figuring out who shot him.  Of course, that 'like' lasted until the next scene when Curtis bragged about him 'giving' of himself.  This caused me to rewind this a couple of times and finally figured out that Curtis meant 'giving' was him providing his cop/private-eye expertise to solving the crime of who landed him in a wheel chair. 

CD looks much better in sweaters and flannel shirts than suits/starched shirts.  

Carly/Willow/Brook Lynn's dresses did not work - Emma's did.

Can Dianne go back to playing the role of Alexis' sounding board? 

I am still trying to process why someone's grandmother crashed the Q's.  At least the Q's have Tracy and Lois to inject energy. 

Anna needs a time out but I enjoy a pissed-off Anna vs. a weeping one.  Perhaps the writers can just have one character going off on Nina per episode.  I do think that Ned and Anna do need to have a conversation with Nina as they both were negatively affected by her actions.  But whatever merits their concerns are/were, the Carlys will be magnifying and providing a huge echo chamber that whatever action Nina chose made her a worse human being than one who traffics military-grade weapons or 'cuts corners' in business or receives a $5 million dollar SEC fine.

So Michael was never punished for his involvement in the insider-trading?  No suspension/warning letter/audit?

• Like 1