Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Sam couldn’t change her outfit before going down to the pool but had time to pick up that weird hat? Yeah someone hanging out at the pool in a long sleeved shirt and jeans wouldn’t stand out at all. Master of disguise that one is

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Sam continues to blow me away with her amazing PI prowess. Aside from the sunhat, which made her so unrecognizable that Kristina took almost no seconds to recognize her, she also had a big microphone sticking out of her magazine. What was even the point of her being there? Couldn't Cody or Spinelli just record their conversation with Gladys?! 🙄 

Haha! Mistress of Deception (not the company)! 

Did she actually think wearing a floppy hat (and sunglasses?) would make her look less recognizable to people she knows at a location she frequents? Her PI disguise game seems stuck in the 70s, when a guy could stick on a fake moustache and no one knew who he was. 

If she had just acted normally, she would have been less conspicuous. 

• Like 8
(edited)
58 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Oh my! Why does poor Maxie look like she was punched in the face. Everyone else looks bright and fresh and Maxie looks like she just came out of a coal mine. 

You’d think with being on soaps since she was a child Kristen Storms would have enough clout to warrant a decent wardrobe, hair and makeup.  She’s a beautiful woman but her styling is tragic.

Sam: “How long do you plan on being in prison?”

Lol….I don’t think it’s actually up to him in normal circumstances.  Although it is ridiculous that after spending years away from his daughter Drew would choose to turn himself in for Carly of all people.  Yuck.  I’m glad Sam didn’t make it easy for him.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 6
42 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Oh my! Why does poor Maxie look like she was punched in the face. Everyone else looks bright and fresh and Maxie looks like she just came out of a coal mine. 

It really is kind of wierd.  The hair is all dry and brittle looking even though it looked so fresh when we first saw her with it.  Her eyebrows are painted on but really high in a, once you see it you can't unsee it sort of way.  And her skin is a very strange shade of grey.  And it's not the lighting because Sofia and Lynn looked fine by comparison.  

(edited)

In case anyone didn't see today because of the news of sub sinking, here's what you missed.

Sasha/Lucy/Maxie:  Cody is just a friend.  People grieve in their own way

Sam/Kristina:  On the job.  Terrible news about Molly

cody/Gladys/Spin:  You don't have evidence against me because I left my phone at home the night of the ball so you couldn't have tracked my whereabouts.  DOH

Selena:  finds Sam's microphone because Cracker Jack PI Sam is just that good, to leave it lying around while chit chatting with Kristina.

Selena/Gladys/Cody:  Knock it off you're bringing bad juju vibes to my game.  You will recant the charges and you still owe me money

Alexis/Tracy:  Ned doesn't recognize Leo.  Ned's subconcious is trying to get away from the crap in his life.  I should do something to snap him out of it.  No you shouldn't. Screaming names at each other.

Carly/Drew/Michael:  All of our troubles are Ned's fault.   The deal is 6 months in shi shi prison.  

Drew:  i plead guilty

Judge:  Six months insn't long enough.  HOw about twenty years

Zeke:  But good man.  Family.  didn't mean it

Judge:  Ok, sentence Drew to three years.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

They light for the sets, not the actors, which makes me wonder if KSt is a bit outside of the best spot, and that's why she looks gray. That's happened with other actors, too.

5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:
9 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Zeke:  But good man.  Family.  didn't mean it

Judge:  Ok, sentence Drew to three years.  

Crazy that that argument didn't work.  

Right? I was shocked! /s Everyone's face when Drewfoos was sentenced to three years was so satisfying. Of course he'll likely get the sentenced reduced for some idiotic reason, but for the next 24 hours I'm going to enjoy the fact that Drewfoos's sacrifice completely backfired. Serves those chumps right.

• Like 11
  • Applause 4

The best: Tracy suggesting that Ned is using the Eddie Mayne persona to escape from his real life of being accused of turning Carly and Drew into the SEC and the ELQ mess. It makes perfect sense and if this were a better show, I'd love to see that explored.

Michael:  "If it wasn't for you and Drew, Willow wouldn't be here."  WTEverlastingF???? If it wasn't for Nina and Obrecht, she wouldn't be there. and she wouldn't nearly have died if Carly had told Nina that she was Willow's mother earlier.

Thank you judge for pointing out that intent is the issue, not whether they made any money or did it to help family.

Sam has to be the most incompetent PI ever although Curtis gives her a run for her money. Who leaves their microphone in a magazine and goes to talk to their sister when they're on a job?

Ms Wu:  I am confident that a cater waiter will come forward and say that he found the bracelet on the ground and assumed that it was yours and put it in  your pocket. (Ms. Wu is an advantage.)

Molly's fertility issues Zzzzzzz

Not looking forward to Gregory romancing Tracy if that is where they are going.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Everyone's face when Drewfoos was sentenced to three years was so satisfying. Of course he'll likely get the sentenced reduced for some idiotic reason, but for the next 24 hours I'm going to enjoy the fact that Drewfoos's sacrifice completely backfired. Serves those chumps right.

In the fan fiction I immediately wrote in my head, the first few days he's in prison, Carly visits him every day. Then Jason reappears, having gone immediately to what he thought was Sonny's house,  where he finds only Carly before collapsing from exhaustion after his arduous journey. Carly immediately goes to see Drew and tells him that the real Jason is back so she won't be dropping by any more. Jason decides that since everyone thinks he's dead, he can start a new life somewhere else and leaves. No one believes Carly when she insists Jason is alive so they start avoiding her and ultimately Michael and Joss institutionalize her. Drew gets transferred to prison in another state. The end. 

However, the promos for tomorrow suggest that Carly might confess, so their self-imagined star-crossed love will probably continue -- at least until the August sweeps. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8

Why is Michael delusional about Drew? Sure, Drew assisted in rescuing Liesel and bringing her back to PC, but Liesel is the one with the bone marrow that saved Willow, not that Michael has mentioned that at all. 

Then, Michael is blaming Ned for "blowing up Drew's life" because he reported the insider trading to the SEC (which Ned didn't do). Somehow, Michael doesn't understand that Drew and Carly blew up their own lives by a) sharing confidential information about the business (Drew) and b) acting on that information to attempt to drive up the share price (Carly). Somehow, I can't believe he's the business genius everyone thinks he is (especially Michael himself).

This story line drives me even crazier than the "Nina committed identity fraud" one.

• Like 5
  • Applause 9
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Ms Wu:  I am confident that a cater waiter will come forward and say that he found the bracelet on the ground and assumed that it was yours and put it in  your pocket. (Ms. Wu is an advantage.)

Ms. Wu continues to be a bad ass. She completely sorted out the Cody/Gladys thing with a solid plan in like 2 minutes flat (though not legally) and still kept Cody and Gladys on a string and continuing with the poker games

• Like 9
  • Love 4
(edited)

I assume he’s off filming stuff for Hallmark. I know they film their Christmas movies in the summer! And he may be on one of their series too! I’m not sure. He may also be filming for GAC too. 

Edited by lala2
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Her eyebrows are painted on but really high in a, once you see it you can't unsee it sort of way.  And her skin is a very strange shade of grey.  And it's not the lighting because Sofia and Lynn looked fine by comparison.  

I noticed that too.  I wonder if she is doing her own make-up (in which case, why do they let her) or if someone in HMU really doesn't like her. Something is off, especially when you look at the other actresses in the scenes with her today.     

I feel like she deserves better.

Characterwise, did anyone ever have a line like, "Oh you changed your hair color," or did they show just ignore it?

• Like 4
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The best: Tracy suggesting that Ned is using the Eddie Mayne persona to escape from his real life of being accused of turning Carly and Drew into the SEC and the ELQ mess. It makes perfect sense and if this were a better show, I'd love to see that explored.

didn't we say something like this too. Admit it y'all. one of us is the Amazing Writer. signal if you need out of the closet. 

Not looking forward to Gregory romancing Tracy if that is where they are going.

esp. because he has ALS. Tracy just lost luke even though i hated that pairing. but the the last thing that Tracy needs is another relationship where the person is gonna just leave her. 

Thank you judge for pointing out that intent is the issue, not whether they made any money or did it to help family.

way to go Judge. 
would have been so much better had the 20 years stuck. that's what you get Drew.

• Like 10
24 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Characterwise, did anyone ever have a line like, "Oh you changed your hair color," or did they show just ignore it?

They did, I just don’t remember who it was. Maybe Willow?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Her eyebrows are painted on but really high in a, once you see it you can't unsee it sort of way. 

I had a friend who used to get her eyebrows tattooed on. She looked like Maxie for the first 2 weeks until the ink started to fade. She looked like uncle Leo from Seinfeld after he got his eyebrows blown off in an explosion.

• LOL 5

Where is Liesl? Did they let go of the actress at the same time they did Kin Shriner? I miss her on my screen. 

And yes, every breath Willow takes should be accompanied by a thank you to Liesl and no one else.

The argument between Alexis and Tracy had me thinking Eddie Maine might want to be involved with Alexis. I loved Ned and Alexis during their first go around but missed the second time around.

• Like 11
1 minute ago, Desperado said:

And yes, every breath Willow takes should be accompanied by a thank you to Liesl and no one else.

The Carlys say Lisel as "Drew" for whatever reason. I did notice we haven't really seen her, so I do hope she is okay.

Judge Andrew Kim is my hero. more so had he stuck to his guns. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, Desperado said:

The argument between Alexis and Tracy had me thinking Eddie Maine might want to be involved with Alexis.

That’s the impression I got as well since she’s the only one who has suggested treating him like he’s Eddie Maine. I think the rest of them are going to push him away, at least temporarily, because they’ll keep trying to force him to remember. It’s already started to happen since he isn’t allowing visitors. 

• Like 7

SO I am watching the episode (June 20th), and Drewfus is al "Don't ever let Scout doubt that I love her." and It's like you are choosing another child's happiness over her own because you do not like her father' girlfriend. that's it.

and I wish with all my heart the next time someone brings up why Sonny can't ever be taken down/go to jail, becaue everyone else could be eliminated to remove the power struggle that they ask carly then why would you KNOWINGLY have kids with a mobster and put them in that kind of danger. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

I can't with Curtis and Portia any more. They are idiots who deserve each other. Jordan's no prize either.

I love Taggert. I want more Taggert. Can he become BFFs with Elizabeth? Can he fall in love with Laura? (Sorry, Kevin, love ya, but your relationship bores me to tears. Also, where is Kevin?)

The Port Charles justice system continues to baffle, but it is hilarious that Drew got three years. I'm sure he'll rescue the governor's daughter's pet chinchilla or something and get pardoned by Christmas, but still.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

I was wondering if maybe KStorms is having the medical/skin issues she has had in the past when I saw her skin today. I hope not, for her sake. 

I know soaps need intrigue to keep ticking along, but I just want both Nina and Ava to find their brain cells and be honest with Sonny about their respective dilemmas. Just become a happy little throuple, steal Carly's kids, send her to jail, and call it a day.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 6/21/2023 at 4:34 PM, ciarra said:

Remember the old days, when Frisco put a baseball hat on backwards and called it a disguise?

Who remembers when Mac and Kevin dressed as nuns to infiltrate?  A convent?

• Like 7
4 hours ago, rur said:

In the fan fiction I immediately wrote in my head, the first few days he's in prison, Carly visits him every day. Then Jason reappears, having gone immediately to what he thought was Sonny's house,  where he finds only Carly before collapsing from exhaustion after his arduous journey. Carly immediately goes to see Drew and tells him that the real Jason is back so she won't be dropping by any more. Jason decides that since everyone thinks he's dead, he can start a new life somewhere else and leaves. No one believes Carly when she insists Jason is alive so they start avoiding her and ultimately Michael and Joss institutionalize her. Drew gets transferred to prison in another state. The end. 

I like the outcome, but I'm not sure I buy that Carly would bother to actually visit Drew and explain that she's breaking up with him instead of just ghosting him like he's garbage once Jason is back.

• Like 6
  • LOL 6
3 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Who remembers when Mac and Kevin dressed as nuns to infiltrate?  A convent?

Mac and Kevin in drag was a different storyline (they were trying to expose a scammer who was after Lucy, I believe). It was Lucy and Felicia who disguised themselves as nuns.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, Daisy said:

SO I am watching the episode (June 20th), and Drewfus is al "Don't ever let Scout doubt that I love her." and It's like you are choosing another child's happiness over her own because you do not like her father' girlfriend. that's it.

because your girlfriend doesn't like her father's girlfriend.

This Drew doesn't have enough brain cells to know who to hate unless he is told.

11 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Just become a happy little throuple, steal Carly's kids, send her to jail, and call it a day.  

That's how GH should end. With Carly being carted off to Alcatraz wearing a muzzle.

ETA - BTW, am I the only one who thinks that Sasha's therapist is coming off as kind of creepy. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 11
  • Applause 4
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But I'm not sure about real life for SEC charges in a smallish city in New York. And don't give any flying fucks, so just go with whatever shit Frank dispenses.

Tried to google but couldn't find this answer.  I did, however, find this:

How long do SEC investigations take?

How long does it take for the SEC to investigate alleged securities violations? Longer than you might think. Typically, SEC investigations take two to four years to complete.

So, we're looking at the legal version of SORAS, much like we often see the medial version (Emily finishing nursing school in a matter of months comes immediately to mind, but I know there are tons of other examples....)

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

ETA - BTW, am I the only one who thinks that Sasha's therapist is coming off as kind of creepy. 

Nope, creepy as well as unethical because he should have recused himself from the case since he knew Gladys. Is he going to blackmail Gladys now to put in a bad report?

He also gives me Ken Jennings vibes so that's creepy too.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I think the rest of them are going to push him away, at least temporarily, because they’ll keep trying to force him to remember. It’s already started to happen since he isn’t allowing visitors. 

It's Jason Q hitting the tree all over again. 

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

He's obviously Up To No Good, given the ties to both Selena and Gladys.

• Like 4
(edited)
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is he going to blackmail Gladys now to put in a bad report?

I feel like his blackmail will have to do with Sasha. Like Gladys pushes Sasha toward him or he blows her out of the water. 

Sasha hasn't suffered or been put through the ringer in like a month. The actress should be on mat leave right now if the pregnant belly she was desperately trying to hide behind her not big enough back is anything to go by.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 2

Sasha is nice and relatively inoffensive so I can’t figure out why the show is set on making her constantly miserable. It’s been one thing after another since 2020. I also don’t know why I’m supposed to be rooting for her and Cody when Cody has strongly suspected for a couple months that Gladys is gambling away all of her money and hasn’t given her a clue. If Gladys is already at the point where she couldn’t pay back her debts to Selena, most of her money must be gone by now.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

I really love Sasha, she has become one of my favorite characters.  And I am tired of her always suffering too.  The only reason why I am cautiously okay with this story is because I have grown to like Cody, and always thought the actor was hot and charming.  I don't mind Sasha having a hot guy saving her, and I think he's going to.  Though they are also going to need to smarten Sasha up.  She should not be this naïve. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I feel like his blackmail will have to do with Sasha. Like Gladys pushes Sasha toward him or he blows her out of the water.

Ugh. That's probably why there was the conversation with Lucy and Maxie that she's not ready for a new relationship.  That's really stupid in terms of the psychiatrist because have a relationship with a patience will lose him his license so I have no doubt that the show would go there.

How is that going to  get Sofia to her maternity leave? I hate this torture porn of Sasha.

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

If Gladys is already at the point where she couldn’t pay back her debts to Selena, most of her money must be gone by now.

Gladys said that she needs time to transfer the money because she can't do too much at once so I think that there is some money left.

On 6/21/2023 at 5:27 PM, mostlylurking said:

Lmao….I just got to the episode where Trina and Spencer are at the pool with Curtis and I shit you not at first glance I was like who is that little girl next to Spencer??  She looked So Tiny at that high table!  Very bad choice, but gave me a chuckle.

They had her wearing flat deck shoes which makes sense in terms of where she is but TA is so tiny compared to NAC, they really should have left her in high heels.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

How is that going to  get Sofia to her maternity leave? I hate this torture porn of Sasha.

Kidnapping? Becomes obsessed with her and stashes her away somewhere.

• Sad 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Carly should have been told to leave the courtroom the moment she started yelling. 

Gregory’s reaction towards Tracy was a little extreme considering that he overheard both of them snarking. 

If Joss is so concerned about what’s going on with Drew, why is she out at the Savoy and getting in Sonny’s face instead of in the courtroom supporting him alongside her mom and brother?.

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 7
4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Carly should have been told to leave the courtroom the moment she started yelling. 

Carly should have been held in contempt, had handcuffs slapped on her wrists and tossed in a jail cell. Judge should have increased Drew's sentence every time she opened her mouth.

He'd be at 100 years, but oh well! You lie with dogs, you get flees.

Well done, Drewfus!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Olivia being such a bitch to Tracy is just making me hate her more. It’s sad when Alexis who has every reason to hate Tracy has been a zillion times more compassionate towards her than her own family. 

• Like 9
4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Olivia being such a bitch to Tracy is just making me hate her more. It’s sad when Alexis who has every reason to hate Tracy has been a zillion times more compassionate towards her than her own family. 

honestly, this is where I was hoping Tracy would have turned on ultra freeze and laid truth bomb upon truth bomb upon truth bomb. Olivia has some nerve playing the devoted wife card now when basically unti the 11th hour she was screetching at him that he BETRAYED CARRLLLLYYYYY. 

and maybe "his bitch mother." is terrified that her oldest son may never come back because she's lived through the Jason trauma from the beginning. and she already lost her parents, her brother, and her husband that she loved more than anything, so again compassion. (it would really be nice that someone would realise the ore mean that Tracy is is the more scared she is. just recast Monica temporarily or something. holy moses)

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

OMG, Drew! Shut the fuck up and die!

I'm going to sell Aurora to pay Carly's hefty bill. What about Scout? She doesn't care. She has ELQ shares. 

Holy dumbfuck, Batman! 

I wish this was the last we ever see of Drew. The real Drew died in the plane crash. I don't know who this pod person is, but he ain't it.

He should be called All for Carly instead of Drew.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 7