Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, Linny said:

Thank god Nina was allowed to stand her ground against Carly and advocate for basic human decency towards Nelle, as that was literally the only thing worthwhile today.

When Carly advocated for Nell to be buried at Potter's Field a week or so ago, it struck a raw nerve for me. I've been to the RL Potter's Field in NYC (it's on Hart Island off the Bronx), and have a Cousin-in-Law buried there. It's off-limits to the general public except by special permission and you wouldn't want to bury a pet Hamster there.

Here's a historical link for anyone interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart_Island_(Bronx)

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Best part of the show, Curtis in a suit. He was positively yum. 

Everything else was the usual dumpster fire, although Britt with Alexis wasn't bad. 

Look at Trina bowing out of the triangle. While I hate girls/women fighting over a guy, Joss is not worth the sacrifice, like at all. Let's all step out of Princess Joss's way and let her have whatever she wants.

So Nelle is dead, but since it's Halloween soon, we will be subjected to zombie!Nelle tormenting Carly? Please let's wrap this storyline up. 

I actually disagree about the Sam/Julian scenes. Sam was nowhere near as abrasive as she usually comes off with Julian. I genuinely don't know what they are doing with the character. When Jason was dead, she had her business, hung out with friends, with her family, when she thought Drew was Jason, there was even more emphasis put on family and she hated Sonny. Jason ruins everything. How many scenes have they actually shared since Jason's accident? Five? Six? The personality transplant is not worth this relationship. They took Sam to the woodchipper and what we have left is whatever this is.

Jax gave up on Alexis quickly. Has Jax shared any scenes with anyone other than Nina and Carly? This week he had scenes with Sam, Michael, Valentin, Britt and Curtis. Otherwise, it has been Nina or Carly. Or Carly and Nina. Or both at the same time, with the same conversations over and over and over. Nina's baybay and Nelle's death with Nina. Nelle's death with Carly. I don't think the actors have to work that hard to learn their lines anymore.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, nilyank said:

Do you mean father? Because Carly still hasn't killed anyone on this show.

It's not for lack of trying, heh. My point was Carly has no right to sneer at other people. She's a horrible, boundary-busting mother who infantilizes her adult son to a gross degree. 

13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:
18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why has no one called [Dr. Michael Easton]? This is what sponsors are for.

He's not her sponsor though, is he?  Because, in real-life AA, sponsors are not supposed to be of the opposite sex.  And I think she's actually been in recovery longer than him.

We've wondered this before, and I'm not sure it's ever been decided in-show. If Finn isn't her official sponsor, we don't know who is.

13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Monica is why Monica got fired, BECAUSE SHE DID SOMETHING ILLEGAL.

I am beyond tired of everyone acting as if Monica did nothing wrong. She destroyed a forged document and lied about it. That's really bad.

• Love 13
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

YES to both of those. Way to throw away a potentially good story between the two best young actors so that Carly Jr. can have it all her way. And Jax dismissing Alexis with "she's too far down the rabbit hole" after she bailed him out and has been his friend for decades is maddening. And then he immediately runs to Carly.

I want to add a third wildly irritating thing of Sam seeing Cyrus put the shakedown on Julian assumes that Julian is working with him. I think I've figured out why Sam always wears black -- she's too stupid to think how to dress herself otherwise.

I wish people would stop lecturing Alexis and try to do something practical to help her. Like make her feel worthwhile again. Still burns me that Sam gave the Aurora job to Michael instead of Alexis.

Sam is infuriating when it comes to Julian.  There was NOTHING in that scene that would make you think he was or wanted to be in cahoots with Cyrus.  I could give her the benefit of the doubt if I thought she was fearful that Julian would eventually cave to Cyrus' demands, but I don't want to because I cannot stand that smug b.t.ch.    

When she was placing the call to the unknown person re Aurora, I was certain Sam was calling Alexis because she knew her mother need to have something to focus on that would give her a purpose.  Never occurred to me that she would be contacting Michael for the job; probably because I never bought him as a capable CEO of anything.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Blackie said:

But was she really? Or are we supposed to think she was trying to make it seem like that when  she was really protecting her feelings. She always finished her scenes with a sad looking smile. I don't think that Trina is all of a sudden "over" Cam.  

I think she was, because she chose to kiss Cam this time, and then said she was looking forward to going to a dance with someone she will actually want to kiss. I feel like you don't say that to someone unless you're sure there isn't an attraction on your side and you don't want to hear anymore about the person maybe having feelings for you. The actress was giving off strong  "we're only great friends" vibes IMO.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Look at Trina bowing out of the triangle. While I hate girls/women fighting over a guy, Joss is not worth the sacrifice, like at all. Let's all step out of Princess Joss's way and let her have whatever she wants.

So Nelle is dead, but since it's Halloween soon, we will be subjected to zombie!Nelle tormenting Carly? Please let's wrap this storyline up. 

Jax gave up on Alexis quickly. Has Jax shared any scenes with anyone other than Nina and Carly? This week he had scenes with Sam, Michael, Valentin, Britt and Curtis. Otherwise, it has been Nina or Carly. Or Carly and Nina. Or both at the same time, with the same conversations over and over and over. Nina's baybay and Nelle's death with Nina. Nelle's death with Carly. I don't think the actors have to work that hard to learn their lines anymore.

It didn't seem like Trina was making a sacrifice.  Joss has never said to her "I have feelings for Cam" and Trina kissed Cam as a chem test to see if she really is into him or if the first kiss really was about the emotional upheaval over their trauma and her father 'dying." Trina said "if something ever happens between you and Joss," indicating that she's in no way positive that both Cam and Joss have such strong feelings for each other that they're definitely going to get together.

I actually really enjoyed Carly's freakout in the cemetery over being "grabbed." I hope someone makes a GIF!! Couldn't happen to a more deserving person, especially since she is basically repeating her own history here (Nelle: Wiley,  AJ: Michael).

Yes, he did. The vast majority of Jax's scenes seem to be with some combination of Nina, Carly, Josslyn and Valentin.  Jax has so much history with Ned who is supposed to be his best male friend, yet has he had a single scene with Ned in this last year? It makes me wonder if WK and IR had some kind o falling out prior to IR's return to the show and have made it clear to TPTB they don't want to work together.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Useful 1

I don’t think there are any issues between WK and IR. I just don’t believe that the current writers know or care about Jax’s history. IR was fired in 2011 before or around the time that FV took over and his brief returns were all focused on Carly. They hardly acknowledge that Jax has connections to the canvas beyond Carly and Sonny and clearly just brought him on for Nina hence why he’s been in this bubble the whole time. I don’t really mind though because he’s been terrible since he returned. He’s never been the strongest actor but he had onscreen chemistry with most people. I don’t see it anymore so I’d rather they keep him around characters I don’t enjoy. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I am beyond tired of everyone acting as if Monica did nothing wrong. She destroyed a forged document and lied about it. That's really bad.

It was actually Bobbie who shredded/destroyed the consent form, but Monica knew and cheered and fist bumped Bobbie for doing it and lied about it. 

But yes, she deserved to be fired too.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
49 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I actually really enjoyed Carly's freakout in the cemetery over being "grabbed."

That was a nice "Carrie" moment, ha!

Yeah, that's exactlly my reaction, lol!  I remember the first time I saw that movie that scene scared the hell out of me.

Topic?  Someone should run a blood test on Carly to see if she's doing steroids given that headstone must weigh 500 lbs.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I had a feeling they were gonna give Cam to Joss instead of Trina. This show sucks.

I think the writers decided a ~triangle where two guys (Cam and Dev) fight over Carly Jr. was more interesting because, OF COURSE Joss is such a catch all the guys want her. 

Now you'll have to excuse me as I have to go find my eyeballs, that have rolled out of my head and out the door.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

Echoing others, Jax being so dismissive of a clearly spiraling Alexis was not a cute look.  His meeting with Britt, rushing to Nina and/or Carly's aid, all of that could have waited.  Help your supposed BFF, dude.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Echoing others, Jax being so dismissive of a clearly spiraling Alexis was not a cute look.  His meeting with Britt, rushing to Nina and/or Carly's aid, all of that could have waited.  Help your supposed BFF, dude.

Wasn't one of Douglas Marland's famous rules for soap-writing something like, "if the audience says '[Character] would never do that,' you have failed"? Because Jax isn't perfect, but he would never do that.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

There was never a chance Carly jr. was going to lose.

Sadly true. Just as Michael was always going to win custody of Wylie. But it's terrible plotting because they're not even trying to tell a story. Like Neil suddenly dying, Trina friendzoning Cameron happened at hyperspeed.

Frank's real talent seems to be wasting story potential in order to highlight his pets.

On 10/23/2020 at 9:10 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

Cam and Joss's families have a lot of history in Port Charles and Elizabeth very recently told Franco it would be better for him to like Trina because the less time she and Carly are around each other, the better (which is accurate). That's why I thought it would be weird for TPTB to go for a Trina/Cam pairing over a slow-burn Joss/Cam pairing. There's a lot of story (read: drama) that can come out of a Joss/Cam pairing.

That drama would only come if they were willing to bring Liz and Carly's history. But that would mean making Carly look bad and they're reluctant to do that, she's always more sinned against than sinning. And going by how quickly they ended Cameron/Trina, it seems like the only slow-burn is going to be Dev and Cameron competing for Princess Joss. It's too bad because the Trina actress is better than Eden McCoy and it could have been an interesting caper with Trina and Cameron trying to clear her father's name (aided by the B couple Joss and Dex) as they try to navigate their new feelings for each other.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It didn't seem like Trina was making a sacrifice.  Joss has never said to her "I have feelings for Cam" and Trina kissed Cam as a chem test to see if she really is into him or if the first kiss really was about the emotional upheaval over their trauma and her father 'dying." Trina said "if something ever happens between you and Joss," indicating that she's in no way positive that both Cam and Joss have such strong feelings for each other that they're definitely going to get together.

No she's not, that's true. But the writers are the ones who made Trina step out of Joss's way to make it easier for Cam to actually go after Joss because his other crush has rejected him. The triangle they wanted was the one with Joss, who has all the personality of a wet counter rag, was with Dev and Cam. 

That said, the writers seem to mostly fail to do the things that make sense because their chosen ones, namely the Corinthos clan, must always, always win. Michael not only won custody of his son, but took the girl as a prize too, and the mother of his child is dead or "dead", so he gets to create the family that he wants. Carly will always have people defending her because she's Carly and nothing she does is ever on purpose. Joss will have two guys fighting over her. 

• Love 9
On 10/24/2020 at 10:52 AM, dubbel zout said:

Bobbie was the one who destroyed the document. And, given the number of atrocities people commit on this show and get away with, I just don't care about whatever crime Monica committed here. Plus, given how much this show tends to marginalize the Qs, I am glad people are sticking up for her. 

Sam did bring up Finn when she confronted Alexis. Alexis said that Finn wouldn't be able to help her because she'd have to admit she had a problem and she's not ready to do that.

Like others, I was disgusted that Jax literally turned his back on Alexis with a shrug and I really, really hope it isn't because of BTS issues because of politics. 

I also thought it was so stupid how quickly they resolved Trina and Cam's feelings. It's always felt like Trina and Cam had more chemistry and potential but from the beginning they always had Trina insist she felt nothing for Cam. I thought this recent shift was because the show realized that potential and decided to course correct, but instead they basically went right back to the drawing board. I'm not a huge fan of triangles or quadrangles but it seems like a really stupid idea to suck any drama out of this Cam/Joss situation because now Trina is out of it and since they're writing Dev as the bad guy, it's already clear what couple we're supposed to be rooting for.

I disagree with those that say CD is a bad actor or can't play a character with complexity. I was actually happy for him when he one his Emmy. I thought he did really great work in the storyline when Michael had turned on Sonny for killing AJ. We, of course, was supposed to think he was WRONG for hating Sonny for something so trivial as killing his father and that he had gone bad. He was completely in the right and didn't go far enough, but what we did get was good for how short it lasted.

• Love 1
On 10/24/2020 at 2:51 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

I think the writers decided a ~triangle where two guys (Cam and Dev) fight over Carly Jr. was more interesting because, OF COURSE Joss is such a catch all the guys want her. 

Now you'll have to excuse me as I have to go find my eyeballs, that have rolled out of my head and out the door.

It's a crappy triangle for the writers to create because one of the guys is Josslyn's foster brother ahem, "step-cousin." 

You're hilarious!!!

18 hours ago, statsgirl said:

That drama would only come if they were willing to bring Liz and Carly's history. But that would mean making Carly look bad and they're reluctant to do that, she's always more sinned against than sinning. And going by how quickly they ended Cameron/Trina, it seems like the only slow-burn is going to be Dev and Cameron competing for Princess Joss. It's too bad because the Trina actress is better than Eden McCoy and it could have been an interesting caper with Trina and Cameron trying to clear her father's name (aided by the B couple Joss and Dex) as they try to navigate their new feelings for each other.

They have brought up Liz and Carly's history before, when the kids got caught shoplifting and Carly felt that Elizabeth was implying Joss did it because Carly's wasn't around (she was in the mental hospital) to parent her. She told Liz not to take out her dislike of her and their history on Joss. Then after they got caught being drunk at the Halloween party on the Haunted Star last year, Carly said she just talked to Elizabeth and make some snarky comment and Joss said she didn't want Cam to be in trouble. I absolutely think the history will be utlized.  

I am happy for Cam, Steve's great grandson, to be the lead teen and if he needs to be paired with Carly's daughter to get more storyline, so be it. Also, I can't stand Dev. I think he's creepy, and not an actual friend to either Cam or Joss. I really wonder if it's not so much that he's crazy about Josslyn so much as he will not stand to be rejected by Joss and then watch her choose another guy.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Blackie said:
On 10/24/2020 at 10:42 AM, dubbel zout said:

That was a nice "Carrie" moment, ha!

30 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I thought they might save that for next Friday's cliff hanger for Halloween.  I was freaky!!

No, what they save for Halloween is a "dead" character wandering around Port Charles, in a Halloween costume.  Nik's turn was last year.  I wonder what Nelle will go as, Edward Scissorhands?

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

They have brought up Liz and Carly's history before, when the kids got caught shoplifting and Carly felt that Elizabeth was implying Joss did it because Carly's wasn't around (she was in the mental hospital) to parent her. She told Liz not to take out her dislike of her and their history on Joss. Then after they got caught being drunk at the Halloween party on the Haunted Star last year, Carly said she just talked to Elizabeth and make some snarky comment and Joss said she didn't want Cam to be in trouble. I absolutely think the history will be utlized. 

Their history may be mentioned but not enough to go full on Romeo and Juliet which is the only thing that I can think would make Joss/Cam interesting.

With Trina stepping back, the only thing that makes Joss/Cameron  interesting is Dev's machinations. Take that away and they're like Michael and Willow except that Lipton is a better actor and McCoy a worse one.

Speaking of Willow, ever since she went all Stepford Wife, her wardrobe has hit new lows even for this show. Length matters. And just because two things contain the same colour doesn't me that they should be work together.

• Love 5

A Romeo/Juliet type story for Cam and Joss just does not work for me because LIZ DONATED JAKE'S KIDNEY TO JOSS.  When Liz was at her lowest she agreed to donate Jake's kidney to save Joss's life. I don't care if it was retconned by Jake being alive and Jax buying a kidney on the black market. Liz thought her son had died and agreed to donate his organs. Carly thought Joss had Jake's kidney for years. Carly cannot act like Cam is not good enough for her daughter without coming off as an ungrateful bitch especially since Cam has basically been written as a sweet kid since Lipton took over the role. Any misdeeds he's committed are so minor they barely register especially when this show insists that mobster Sonny the walking STD is a hero. Trying to buy drugs to help his sick friend? Cam took his punishment and was conscientious about his community service to the point of hilarity - that child was picking up garbage the day after being kidnapped. Port Charles was never cleaner than when Cameron was literally taking care of the trash. 

Joss, on the other hand, wanted her honorary hitman uncle to take out her nephew's mother.  It's too bad only Jason knows about that because Liz could object to Joss being a bad influence on Cam but that's not how the show presents Joss. 

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Love 7
On 10/4/2020 at 1:58 PM, Mirabelle said:

The only long lost kid I think anyone would be interested in seeing is Mac* finding out he's got a biological child he did not know existed but that would kill my long held theory that Mac is the only person in Port Charles who paid attention in sex ed and learned how to properly use birth control.

*Mac is the best parent on this show and I, for one, welcome more Scorpios.

This is from WEEKS ago because I got tired of Mike DYING and took a break but last night couldn't sleep so started off with episodes still on my DVR but no seriously, I never quite understood why they didn't do that plot back when they still seemed a bit interested in using JJY.  Mac who raised all the kids in Port Charles finding out he had a kid he didn't raise and how difficult that would be difficult for him but harder for the kid who had to go to town and listen to Maxie, Georgie (sniff...Still Bitter) and Robin going on about how good Mac was stepping up for them and this kid has had a rough life and that would be tension there... but if a kid turned up at this point Maxie's too old to care really and yawn.  But seriously I thought for YEARS that should be  story.  

Also if I was NLG when they chem tested her with JJY for a while and did the menopause story (for a hot minute) I would have been like, "Nope.  No.  Thanks.  I'm good."  Because seriously I thought, "Are they going to kill off Alexis to connect Mac to the Coven?"

Somewhere in an upstairs bedroom at the Q house little Leo is like, "Um... can Mac date my mom because she doesn't see me much and Mac somehow sharing parenting with Julian would make no sense as a plot point but would be sort of hilarious."  

I miss Mac.

• Love 2
On 10/7/2020 at 3:00 PM, dubbel zout said:

Britt's eyebrows are in Uncle Leo (Seinfeld ref for those unaware) territory for me—too heavy and too dark

Some of our eyebrows grow that way.  Covid's been tough for those of us with Peter Gallagher eyebrows...  Okay, I totally embrace my Peter Gallagher eyebrows... because they are awesome (or because there is just no way I'm ever going to wax enough to control them)... but if you don't embrace thee things?  Then the Covid?  It has been rough on those of us whose eyebrows will happily eat our face.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Carly cannot act like Cam is not good enough for her daughter without coming off as an ungrateful bitch especially since Cam has basically been written as a sweet kid since Lipton took over the role.

This is not to defend the SheBeast, but, when Mini-SheBeast told her mom about the kiss, her head didn't explode; neither did she go off on a rant about how Cam wasn't good enough. Quite the opposite. I had posted a couple weeks ago, that since there was no reaction from her, I very much doubt SheBeast will try to keep them apart or whatever it is she does.

And I just can't watch scenes with Brooklynn. The actress has a perpetual smug on her face every time she opens her mouth to speak.

I think Ned wants Olivia to find out he cheated. There's no other explanation for him yelling that he did when arguing with Monica. After the first time he told her.

I would think Lucy would be relieved to Fire Brookie, for trying to pull a Milli-Vanilli on her. After all, she didn't want to hire her as the "voice" of Deception--Valentin insisted, and Lucy had to convince Maxie to let her. And that was the worst kind of auto-tuning singing I've ever heard.

Anna continues to be STOOPID. As does Chase. Why he's lying to his mother about why he and Willow broke up--that it was Sasha's stupid idea, because Wiley! I'll never understand. Or that he went along with it. But no, it's better to let his mother think he's a cheating cheater.

Frank and his coven of hacks just SUCK.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This is not to defend the SheBeast, but, when Mini-SheBeast told her mom about the kiss, her head didn't explode; neither did she go off on a rant about how Cam wasn't good enough. Quite the opposite. I had posted a couple weeks ago, that since there was no reaction from her, I very much doubt SheBeast will try to keep them apart or whatever it is she does.

Carly likes Cam. Liz likes Joss. Carly and Liz don't necessarily like each other but they no longer hate each other. It would be petty barbs about each other rather than outright hatred whereby Cam and Joss would have to keep their romance secret from their families. DULL.

The teens are going to mess with trying to clear Taggert's name and get mixed up with Cyrus' dirty business. That's where the drama is going to involve the foursome. Not the insipid romance of Cam and Joss, not Dev's lame attempts to keep them apart, not them friendzone each other. None of the kids actually have romance chemistry between them. They all have friends chemistry only.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm no Carly fan, but I've never really seen any evidence that she's the type to lay the sins (or what she considers the sins) of the parent on the child.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I would think Lucy would be relieved to Fire Brookie, for trying to pull a Milli-Vanilli on her. After all, she didn't want to hire her as the "voice" of Deception--Valentin insisted, and Lucy had to convince Maxie to let her. And that was the worst kind of auto-tuning singing I've ever heard.

I'm still ticked off about this because everything about it was so stupid. The first time Brook was asked to sing that day, she should have pointed to the bandages on her throat and said, "Sorry. I can't right now." There was no need for a convoluted plot at that point. But we got that, while opportunities for better, soapier drama are ignored.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I'm no Carly fan, but I've never really seen any evidence that she's the type to lay the sins (or what she considers the sins) of the parent on the child.

That's one of her few genuinely good traits.

49 minutes ago, rur said:

I'm still ticked off about this because everything about it was so stupid. The first time Brook was asked to sing that day, she should have pointed to the bandages on her throat and said, "Sorry. I can't right now."

This—she has a GIGANTIC bandage prominently taped to her neck.

And wouldn't she have already taped the song pre-slashing? Did she not play the song for Lucy before the investor meeting? Gah.

• Love 5

Something went wrong with  the audiofile on the laptop thus forcing Amy II to have to sing. Miraculously the music file remained intact.  #BadWriting

But as someone brilliantly pointed out, the theme song should have nothing to do whether Poubella buys the cosmetics.

20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Something went wrong with  the audiofile on the laptop thus forcing Amy II to have to sing. Miraculously the music file remained intact.  #BadWriting

Except we still heard the music! Wouldn't the music and the vocals have been affected?

These are rhetorical, of course. GH never lets logic get in the way of a plot point.

• LOL 1
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Except we still heard the music! Wouldn't the music and the vocals have been affected?

These are rhetorical, of course. GH never lets logic get in the way of a plot point.

If it was the same audiofile, of course.  Did they have a second audiofile of just the music.  A lot of time music is recorded first and then vocals are recorded.  So, if the audiofile of both was messed up, they may have had the earlier one with just the music.

Here's an idea, Sam: How about the kids dress up in their Halloween costumes on, oh, I don't know, Halloween?

Drinking at Charlie's, Alexis? You really are drunk if you think that's a good idea.

I'm mildly impressed with the computer stuff they had going in Kevin's lab.

Anna and Finn looking for a bit of Faison's brain is exactly the sort of soapy nuttiness I wish this fakakta show would embrace more often.

• Love 6

Here's an idea, Sam: How about the kids dress up in their Halloween costumes on, oh, I don't know, Halloween?

This was hysterical......Jason: what day should we do it?   Sam:  Wednesday?  Jason:  Sure.  Me:  Uhm, why not Saturday since that's the actual day.  

It's not like she said they were busy on Saturday, with the grandparents and a different day needed to be chosen.  So stupid.  

Drinking at Charlie's, Alexis?

She was making the rounds.  She started off at The Rib where she ran into Ned and had the ONS.   Than she was at the Metrocourt where she had the snark fest with Britt and a mini "im drinking so what of it" with Jax.  Then Charlie's so she could blame him for every single thing that has ever gone wrong in her life and everyone else.  

I'm mildly impressed with the computer stuff they had going in Kevin's lab.

I was midly impressed that Anna came clean to Kevin.  Though I did get a chuckle out of her and Finn's story to Kevin before she decided to come clean.  

Loved, loved, loved Dante's reaction to Maxie's news that she's marrying Peter.  Nathan is turning over in his grave.  I also liked KSt'  reaction as Maxie digging in her heels and demanding that Dante not make her choose between him and Peter.  Maxie's an idiot and blinder than a blind bat, but KSt played that just right.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 7

Alexis, if you don't Julian involved in your life, don't go to his bar to drink.

I have to say though, they're writing Alexis well. If you look 1/2 an inch beneath the surface, she's crying out someone to care about her because she feels like there is nothing and no one in her life.

Why does Kevin's lab look like a middle school science class?  He's a psychiatrist, his research is questionnaires, data analysis and brain scans.

Donating Faison's brain to science literally means that Peter has no say over how it gets used.

Sam, it's time that you and the kids accepted that you are so far down on Jason's list of things he cares about that he doesn't remember you until you remind him.

Robert, Jackie's married. Remember that.

Speaking of psychiatrists, when is Dante's cute one going to show up in Port Charles?

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Two separate files. The one with words and music was corrupted, the one with just the music was still there on the laptop. There was also some talk about not being able to access the Cloud which is why I assume that couldn't get another copy of the combined file.

• Love 2

Oh, so Jason didn't even share what Spinelli found out about Peter and Shiloh's unholy alliance with Sam? Didn't see the need to share that information with her. And he didn't even feel bad about it, or sorry, like she wouldn't want to know about this, seeing how Peter has been framing people left and right for the things that he did. Jason is trash. And Sam is the biggest moron on this side of the planet for believing her romance with Jason is some fairytale. How is anyone rooting for this couple still?

Sam: Spinelli and Maxie are my friends blah blah blah

Me: And Drew was your husband and the father of your daughter. It's like his name has been eradicated from Sam's vocabulary. She's not allowed to mention him or remind anyone that she had a relationship with him.

The Julian/Alexis scenes were good, but Alexis blaming Julian for she and Neil losing their licenses was a stretch. Alexis had a choice, she just made the wrong one. 

Thank you, Dante, for being a truthteller. Yes, Peter is responsible for Nathan's death and Maxie seems to have forgotten that. But the scenes up to that point between Dante and Maxie were actually nice and that's as close as Maxie has come to being normal in a really long time. But then of course, she had to get all defensive about Peter, because everyone needs to defend Peter. And if Anna thinks that Maxie and the baby aren't enough to keep Peter good after he finds that Alex is his real mother, then what does that tell you about him, Anna? 

Robert is like sunshine.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Thank you, Dante, for being a truthteller. Yes, Peter is responsible for Nathan's death and Maxie seems to have forgotten that. But the scenes up to that point between Dante and Maxie were actually nice and that's as close as Maxie has come to being normal in a really long time. But then of course, she had to get all defensive about Peter, because everyone needs to defend Peter. And if Anna thinks that Maxie and the baby aren't enough to keep Peter good after he finds that Alex is his real mother, then what does that tell you about him, Anna? 

Faison is responsible for Nathan's death. Because he shot without looking as a cop responded to the call of man trying to shoot someone (Peter). It just so happens that the cop in question was Nathan. None of that would have happened if Faision wasn't a psycho that was trying to kill one of his sons.

Anna is so much better in scenes with anyone not named Finn.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Well, I'm all for Alexis reading Julian the riot act, but lady... Don't show up at the bar he owns and tell him to leave you alone!

Seriously. Ineffective Julian is the root of all evil in Alexis's life? Yeah, no. Alexis and Alexis alone is responsible for her life choices. I also didn't like that Julian wanted to help Alexis because he's in trouble and needs a win. It's not as bad as Jax totally bailing, but it's not great, Bob.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Can't bartenders tell when someone has been over-served?  Guy at the Metro Court didn't seem to care.

Yeah, but if any bartender at the Metro Court got in trouble for not cutting off a drunk, Carly would make sure her husband took care of any problems so she wouldn't get in trouble, and the bartender would be able to skate as a consequence. 

In New York State, if a bartender knowingly overserves a customer and that customer goes on to cause property or personal damage, the bartender and the establishment can be held liable. But we all know Sonny and Carly think laws are for squares. It's the drunks' fault they drank too much.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Wasn't Peter the reason Faison was in Port Charles? He's not directly responsible for Nathan getting shot but he could have given his brother a head's up.

Sam was so annoying, I forgot to be grateful that the show was Carly/Sonny/Michael free.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Wasn't Peter the reason Faison was in Port Charles? He's not directly responsible for Nathan getting shot but he could have given his brother a head's up.

Nathan along with Lulu set up the article to lure Faison to town.

• Love 1

While I am no fan of Peter's, Spinelli's rant about how they "can't allow Peter to 'get' his name on that birth certificate" was just gross.  Obviously following the Corinthos' Guide to Hoarding Children.  I hate that little prick.

And LOL at Sam getting hit in the face (maybe that's why she looks so swollen?) yet again with the fact she's somewhere below getting a haircut on Jason's priorities list.  Just realizing NOW that "that's a problem?"  OK, Sam, ok.

• Love 9

It was Peter's idea to do the article on Faison, so while Lulu was thoughtless and Nathan was dumb Peter was the only one who knew that he (Peter) was Faison's son.

It doesn't help Peter that while he didn't kill Nathan he sure benefited from him getting killed.

• Love 8