Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

The worst Sonny is Threatening Sonny, even worse than Self-Absorbed Sonny. It's so fake, it feels like the only reason people are intimidated is because it's in the script. Why can't Sonny just say that there is a mob war brewing and he wants Julian on his side? Threatening Julian is only going to push him to Cyrus.

I'm mildly interested to see how BL is going to handle the information that Ned slept with Alexis. She owes Oliver, both from previous times and now when Olivia supported her against Ned. Is she going to black mail Ned? Get him to divorce Olivia? Or feel guilty that deleting Olivia's calls from Ned's phone may have contributed to the problem?

Carly thinks that Joss' romantic problems are more important that speaking to the detective about Nelle's body? She's an idiot.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The worst Sonny is Threatening Sonny, even worse than Self-Absorbed Sonny. It's so fake, it feels like the only reason people are intimidated is because it's in the script. Why can't Sonny just say that there is a mob war brewing and he wants Julian on his side? Threatening Julian is only going to push him to Cyrus.

Sonny hasn't been any sort of threat for decades. It's so laughable when they have him get tough with someone like Julian, who's been set up to be the weaker person to begin with. It's bullying more than it's threatening. Ugh.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I'm mildly interested to see how BL is going to handle the information that Ned slept with Alexis. She owes Oliver, both from previous times and now when Olivia supported her against Ned. Is she going to black mail Ned? Get him to divorce Olivia? Or feel guilty that deleting Olivia's calls from Ned's phone may have contributed to the problem?

Carly thinks that Joss' romantic problems are more important that speaking to the detective about Nelle's body? She's an idiot.

Considering that this show writes for plots more for characters, my guess that they will pick the worse course of action with her.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Linny said:

I really dislike how Dev is now this creep who's fabricating diary entries and tearing apart friendships all to get closer to precious Joss. It's not that I care enough about Dev to be disappointed by his behavior here, it's just that this development is so sudden and desperate and off-putting. Plus, I think there's enough real, complicated feelings in the teen group that we don't need Dev's mechanications muddying the waters, too.

He's the new Diego.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Linny said:

I really dislike how Dev is now this creep who's fabricating diary entries and tearing apart friendships all to get closer to precious Joss. It's not that I care enough about Dev to be disappointed by his behavior here, it's just that this development is so sudden and desperate and off-putting. Plus, I think there's enough real, complicated feelings in the teen group that we don't need Dev's mechanications muddying the waters, too.

I hate this especially because Cam, Joss, and Trina really welcomed him into their group and have kept his idiotic "secret." This is how he repays them? And it's over JOSS?

Way to make me not care at all about what happens to that little punk. 

27 minutes ago, ciarra said:

He's the new Diego.

It's certainly going in that direction. Ashton Arbab might want to update his résumé and have a chat with his agents.

• Love 8
On 10/13/2020 at 3:07 PM, YaddaYadda said:

I still really hate Peter. And I think I finally managed to put my finger on why I hate him so much. The acting just comes off as 100% insincere in everything he says and does. It's like he's auditioning for the part of the boyfriend or the part of the son and trying very hard to land the role. He cannot act.

Absolutely. 

On 10/14/2020 at 3:26 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Love you, Robert, but you probably should clue in your silver fox brother on his future son-in-law so that he can keep an eye on his daughter. 

Unfortunately, I don't think Mac wants to listen because he likes seeing Maxie happy and at this point I think he wants to believe Maxie has reached a place in her life where she shows good judgement. 

On 10/15/2020 at 10:20 AM, dubbel zout said:

He's been amazingly tolerant, hasn't he?

Mac is in a difficult position where he sort of has to be tolerant because Georgie died; Maxie and her kids are all Mac and Felicia have. If they really piss her off by not accepting Peter, she can walk away from them with her son and possibly also cut off their access to Georgie (Jr) by having a tantrum at Spinelli and Ellie.  M&F have never had to share Maxie with Frisco. (I hate Maxie saying that "Dad was an absentee parent; I'm not" b.s.  She needs to acknowledge that Mac is truly her father; she has flip-flopped between calling Mac and Frisco "Dad" or by their names over the years. Frisco has not been a parent to her in any way for what, 20 + years now? He never knew her sister Georgie. Also, yes she is raising James (since he is all she has left of Nathan) but until very recently she was basically the "fun aunt" to her daughter, with Spinelli and Ellie being the real parents.)

Mac "sort of" has Robin; she now lives on the West Coast and IMO rates her father Robert as more important in her life than Mac by naming her son "Noah Robert" even though Mac, not Robert, has been there for Robin most of her life. Although, I don't like that Mac has tolerated Dr. O because she's "Nathan's mother", just to make Maxie happy. Maxie has totally glazed over the fact that Dr. O worked with Faison to torture Robin and hold her captive. I wish someone would point out to Maxie that her choices have been disloyal to Robin and to Nathan's memory.

5 hours ago, Linny said:

Since Ava saw Nik's name on the tattered check,

It's interesting that Dev has taken on the part that is usually given to a girl: the manipulator scheming to get the guy away from another girl. He's mad that it doesn't even occur to Josslyn to be alone with him (where he can try to create a romantic setting), and wants Trina and Cam to join them so it can be a fun group thing.  He decides to manipulate her into feeling unhappy/possibly unwanted by her friends, I guess with the motive that she will start becoming detached from Cam and lean on him in her depression which will lead to her "falling in love" with him? I also feel like Cam should be very skeptical about Dev from now on. He was right to be appalled that Dev would "steal" Joss's "diary" and think that was no big deal. Also, nobody writes a single journal entry on a notepad with no date and no other writing in it ... Cam (in the real world) would be smart enough to know that. I hope Cam goes to Joss and tells her Dev stole her diary and showed him what she "wrote" about Homecoming. 

Dev talking about Cam and Trina to Joss reminds me of young Maxie being all over Lucky while telling him that Elizabeth was probably headed to see Patrick right at that moment (as Elizabeth was actually cleaning up after Lulu's party downstairs). Dev does not seem to me to be crazy in love with Joss; more like he feels entitled to be with her no matter what she wants, Cam wants, or Trina wants. His actions scream "bruised ego." I guess he thinks he'll do whatever it takes to make Joss settle for/choose him? Yet he's supposed to be a cocky guy who thinks so highly of himself, that the more likely scenario to me would be for him to date some other girl and rub Joss's nose in it. 

Ava picked up and kept the piece of the check with Nik's signature. I assume she'll keep that scrap to get $.

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't think BL "does" guilt; she's really selfish and immature. I assume she's going to blackmail Ned with this information. I hope Dante - at some point- gets to yell at her for trying to sabotage his relationship with Lulu in the past and deliberately hurting his mother's marriage now.

Ned, however, is completely stupid for practically bellowing that "cheating on Olivia with Alexis is the secret I'll take to my grave" to Monica. Does he think that door is soundproof? The Q mansion isn't WSB property, genius.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Also, really smart to get combative with the Pennsylvania detectives (fyi she has to talk to PA detectives because Nelle's body was found on the Pennsylvania side of the river.  That's been brushed aside, so not sure if everyone knew that).  Let's make them suspicious of you, you dingbat.  Brilliant!

Speaking of brilliant, oh look; here's Sonny threatening Julian for the 764th time.  This year.  I know I'm scared.

The only thing that would've made Definite Vodka funnier is if under the name it said "when you absolutely need to get your drink on."

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

What is with this revisionist history, Brooke explaining how she carefully researched Valentin's business savvy before selling her shares, doing it for her family to make them more money?  Brooke did what was best for Brooke, and with no questions asked regarding Valentine's competence or agenda.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, ciarra said:

What is with this revisionist history, Brooke explaining how she carefully researched Valentin's business savvy before selling her shares, doing it for her family to make them more money?  Brooke did what was best for Brooke, and with no questions asked regarding Valentine's competence or agenda.

Did they say that? She didn’t even know the shares were going to Valentin when she signed them over. She gave them to Linc, that shady music producer, in exchange for getting out of her contract. She wasn’t aware that Valentin had the shares until much later.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Did they say that? She didn’t even know the shares were going to Valentin when she signed them over. She gave them to Linc, that shady music producer, in exchange for getting out of her contract. She wasn’t aware that Valentin had the shares until much later.

Exactly! And once she found out Valentin was the one collecting the shares, she confronted him. That's when he offered to help get music career if she kept her mouth shut. Her actions have been 100% selfish from the start. I've been Team Ned this whole time and resent Monica berating him for calling Brook on her crap behavior.

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Exactly! And once she found out Valentin was the one collecting the shares, she confronted him. That's when he offered to help get music career if she kept her mouth shut. Her actions have been 100% selfish from the start. I've been Team Ned this whole time and resent Monica berating him for calling Brook on her crap behavior.

While I agree that BL is a selfish brat, with a massive chip on her shoulder and out only for herself, I can understand why Monica is doing what she's doing. Love her or hate her, BL is Ned's only child. He has just the one child. She got her throat slashed, and almost died, and he gets to have a do-over. And yes, BL is the one who has refused that extended olive branch, but after that sit-in, it was clear that Ned hasn't forgiven BL for what she did. He understands it, but isn't a place of 100% forgiveness yet. I just think that Monica would kill for an opportunity to have a bunch of do-overs with AJ. She would bend over backwards to have him and Emily back. 

She probably doesn't want Tracy to come down on her head either. I'm glad Monica and Tracy are in touch like that.

Now, Dev, the creep. So they took him from 0 to 100 really fast. Dev is a very useless character, but wow! Going through journals that don't belong to him, practicing mom's signature and lying to people who have been good to him. What's next? Drugs in drinks and working for Cyrus?

• Love 6

Now, Dev, the creep. So they took him from 0 to 100 really fast.

I guess it's good for the young actor in certain ways as he gains the experience of portraying an evil character.  They did the same thing with Nelle.  Suddenly she was spouting lies (not snooping though - murder) weekly.  Shame they didn't make her a Quartermaine.  Tracy and Ava working together in business, with Nelle in the wings - would have been FUN to watch.  Instead, we now have Olivia (who looks great for her age but her acting chops...) as the grand matriarch of this once dynamic family. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

I don't know about Dev.  I think that the writers might see it as just more teenage hijinks and not necessarily something serious.

More's the pity, then. Reading someone's diary and forging an entry isn't a "hijinks" (not saying that's what you're saying)—it's a serious invasion of privacy. Dev is old enough to know better. There's no reason for him to take such measures, especially since he's made so few attempts to find out how Joss feels. And what's he going to do if she turns him down again? It's gross.

• Love 2

From the transcript.

There were two reasons why I kept quiet. The first was that valentin offered to jump-start my music career. What the hell does valentin cassadine know about the music industry? Ned, be quiet. You'll get your turn. Go on. Valentin offered me a gig as the voice of deception. We were gonna do cross promotion on social media. All I had to do was not warn anyone that valentin owned my shares. Mm-hmm. Giving him the necessary time to acquire the other shares in order to gain the majority. You said there were two reasons. Obviously, the deal was good for me, but...I thought it could be good for you too, dad.

For business. It's alright, jules. Stress kills. When michael took a leave of absence and my dad stepped in as ceo, he was always working -- to the point where there was tension between him and olivia. Oh, please do not bring olivia into this. Okay, that's enough. Ned, you will go sit down and stop interrupting. Sit, sit. I have asked brook lynn to explain, and that's what she is doing. Go right ahead. You were preoccupied and demanding. And when I called you out on it, you said that the company was taking over your life, that if someone more effective were available, that you'd be tempted to step down. So I did my research. When valentin cassadine took over cassadine industries, the company was a mess. In two and a half years, he completely turned it around, and now the company is worth more than ever. So I figured since elq's already in good shape, that valentin could make it even more profitable, which would be beneficial to all the shareholders. So that's why I took the deal. I...may have been naive, but I'm not a traitor.

22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I really hate how Sonny treats him. And I hate that Julian lets him.

This. I mean I know why the writers are having Julian act like this (inept writing) but it makes no sense otherwise. Julian used to genuinely give two shits about Sonny's threats and stood up to him. Suddenly, he's petrified of him. It would be one thing if Julian was worried about his reputation (not that he has much of one in town) being destroyed after he's worked hard to turn his life around, but instead it's more of Julian truly being afraid of Sonny. 

As the rare person on the board who had no problem with Dev, this storyline turn with him is coming off so lame and annoying. I mean I kind of get them thinking they needed at least one of the teens to be a little more gray but this really did come out of nowhere. He turned Joss down with barely an explanation. It didn't seem like he was torn up about it or interested in her. Now, suddenly after one slight brush-off from her he's so desperate for her he's reading her journal, forging entries, and twirling his evil mustache behind Cameron's back. Like someone else said, they've gone from 0 to 100 here and it's especially stupid because the motivation is so slight. It was the same issue with Peter. I think because there was a lot of fan backlash, they decided to move him away from his Faison plotting and turn him basically into some Dudley Do-Right but when that wasn't working they decided the only way to fix it was have him plot a bunch of murders, including of a well-liked character. There's a middle ground they can't find or don't want to find.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

More's the pity, then. Reading someone's diary and forging an entry isn't a "hijinks" (not saying that's what you're saying)—it's a serious invasion of privacy. Dev is old enough to know better. There's no reason for him to take such measures, especially since he's made so few attempts to find out how Joss feels. And what's he going to do if she turns him down again? It's gross.

Of course he's old enough to know better.  He knows how Joss feels, because she told him "I'm so happy we're friends."  My interpretation is he feels outraged that Joss didn't let him actually tell her how he feels, and then kissed Cam. Someone like Dev who has an ego like Sonny' can't tolerate that.  Joss not wanting him is one thing, but Joss wanting another guy instead of him is utterly unacceptable. His solution is to try to manipulate both Joss and Cam into feeling like crap, with the goal of getting them to move away from each other so he can isolate Joss. A girl who is feeling alone/abandoned has no choice but to lean on and want him, right? (Sarcasm)

I actually do think there is some consistency here with Dev's character. There was a time he was in the Metrocourt, and tried to steal from Laura's purse (when she stepped away from the table. He had no idea who she was - not that it should have mattered). Why would he do such a thing in Sonny's wife's hotel when he's already living at Sonny's house? Because he's greedy and believes he is smart/stealthy/smooth.  Jason, of course, stopped him. I also recall a time when some warehouse worker left town, and the police came to Casa Corinthos to ask questions. Dev fabricated a story about where he thought the guy was going. Once the police left, Dev bragged to Sonny and Jason that he handled the police and expected Sonny to praise him. Sonny told him that was not the right way to handle it, and Dev was in turn offended that Sonny and Jason didn't think he was this brilliant kid they could totally trust to be a part of the business (instead of wasting his time in high school).  Dev is a very cocky, entitled kid. 

I have a bad feeling this is going to go the way of Dev making a pass at Joss, or attempting assault and screaming about how dare she not want his awesome self but will kiss that loser Cameron Webber.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I have a bad feeling this is going to go the way of Dev making a pass at Joss, or attempting assault and screaming about how dare she not want his awesome self but will kiss that loser Cameron Webber.

If it means someone puts a bullet in Dev and he dies, I'll allow it.

The fact that he thinks he's entitled to Joss is gross. I really wish the show would stop it with this kind of crap.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ciarra said:

I actually liked Dev at the dance.   He was the voice of reason when he told Cam to pick a lane, Joss or Trina and not to string anyone along.  Then he goes and forges Joss' diary.

I don't know if it was the writing or the acting, but that scene did not come off to me like he was being the voice of reason. He was giving Cam a hard time for kissing Joss, because seeing that kiss made him angry. Dev has never seemed care about Trina as his friend; she's Joss's best friend and Cam's friend. He lied to Cam that night (he wanted Cam to believe that Joss took off to find Trina because she was turned off), he was eavesdropping on Carly and Joss's conversation about the kiss with Cam, and now he's lying to Joss (he had no idea where Cam was or what he was up to) and lying to Cam while showing him the forgery. Ugh.

3 hours ago, ciarra said:

I actually liked Dev at the dance.   He was the voice of reason when he told Cam to pick a lane, Joss or Trina and not to string anyone along.  Then he goes and forges Joss' diary.

• Love 2

I guess I'm in the minority in that I don't hate Dev for what he did. Was it a good thing? No, it wasn't, but he is a 17-year old kid. It's not the worst thing he could do in the grand scheme of things, IMO. He could have done much worse. 

Are they planning on tossing him under the bus? Maybe . . . I hope not but it is certainly possible. I'd hate to see him assault/rape Josslyn or do anything crazy like that. Keep his bad acts to forging a diary entry to try and win a girl, and he should be okay. If they go further, then it will be bad for the character. I'm not writing him off just yet. 

I do hate that Josslyn is the "it" girl, and that there has been no explanation for why Dev rejected her months ago. Why did he do that if he likes her? The writing here sucks. It's clear the writers just switched up the story. Who knows why? Probably to toss Dev under a bus when that's really not necessary. 

I did love the Nava/Friz stuff. I'm always happy to see those characters on screen and Scotty too!  

• Love 3

There’s a new Halloween movie on Netflix kids starting none other than Dev 🤣.  My son literally just put it on and I’m like he’s on GH.  Sooooo many of these Disney / Nick / Netflix shows and movies have GH people in them, my kid is so used to it by now lol.

• Useful 1

What is with FV's trope that of one half of couple randomly sleeping with someone else without even talking with their other half? First Dante  with Valerie, then Molly with Brando, now Ned with Alexis. I guess Alexis and Ned are a slight improvement because they were romantically involved and have been friends for a long time. There is some weird misunderstanding or breakdown in communication, and instead of trying to confront their better half, they randomly hook up with someone else. It makes Liz and Jason's one night stand when they conceived Jake look almost quaint because Liz actually caught Lucky having sex with Maxie. I guess FV and the headwaiter du jour think it some how absolves them sleeping with someone else, but in my eyes, it just makes them look immature. 

• Love 8

Dev's actions may be wrong and gross, but it seems like normal teenage behavior to me.  It doesn't necessarily have to escalate into anything more than that.  Hopefully the writers would at least make it clear that what Dev is doing is very serious and problematic, and not just shrug it off.

Maybe they are trying to turn Dev into the "bad boy" of the gang.  The other three are so vanilla that giving Dev more of an edge might be the idea.  Even if it involves things like invasion of privacy and forgery.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Maybe they are trying to turn Dev into the "bad boy" of the gang.  The other three are so vanilla that giving Dev more of an edge might be the idea.  Even if it involves things like invasion of privacy and forgery.

They are vanilla, but I'm already hearing Sonny's voice in my head as he screams at Dev for what he's done. 

I TOOK YOU IN, PUT A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD AND GAVE YOU A NEW IDENTITY. IS THIS HOW YOU REPAY ME? *flings barware*

• LOL 8
12 hours ago, lala2 said:

there has been no explanation for why Dev rejected her months ago. Why did he do that if he likes her?

Are we supposed to think it was a case of "I'll reject her before she can reject me"? I don't know. I don't care. I hate Dev and find him possibly the most useless character on the canvas at the moment, which is saying something.

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm already hearing Sonny's voice in my head as he screams at Dev for what he's done. 

I TOOK YOU IN, PUT A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD AND GAVE YOU A NEW IDENTITY. IS THIS HOW YOU REPAY ME? *flings barware*

You forgot the most important part, @YaddaYadda: "BETRAAAAAAYYYYYYYAAAAAALLLLL!!!!!1!!1!!!!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

So watching with a friend and catching up.  "Did they just call the upscale store "Pebelle's"? Poubelle is the French word for garbage." (Poubelle was a lawyer and diplomat who introduced garbage cans to Paris and made their use compulsory.)

Anna's explanation for the RA marker is epigenesis, a change in the DNA caused by a life event, usually a trauma. An example is that the children and grandchildren of Holocaust survivors. Anna is suggesting that Alex may have had an epigenetic change in her DNA. There are two problems with this logic: 1.  that if it can develop spontaneously, Peter could have developed it himself  and 2. markers are not epigenetic.

Brooklyn is like a 5 year old child -- she acts in the moment and wants immediately. She signed the recording contract without checking it out, she wanted Ned to save her and when he didn't she sold her shares without finding out who was buying them. She justifies everything by it always being the other person's fault.

Kim Delaney has a strange way of clenching her teeth when she talks, as if she has a bit between them.

Brando meets with Cyrus who offers him a job ... and then he goes straight to Sonny's to tell him.  I wish Cyrus were smart enough to have had Brando tailed, both sides of this mob war are too stupid to live.

On 10/15/2020 at 8:40 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

I don't get why Carly was so against Sonny getting tested. 

She said it was too soon and Sonny was just starting to grieve. She might be right in that.

Then she added that the tests are not predictive and anyway there was nothing Dante or any other of Sonny's children could do other than live a healthy lifestyle. That's less true; there are a number of other things that can mitigate the damage such as learning new skills but the best way to ward off the effects of AD is to be fluently bilingual. Time to start learning a second language, Sonny. That speech of Carly's had a lot of nonsense in it but I'm sure it hit the shippers' hearts..

And maybe by the time Donna is an adult, we'll have figured out what causes AD and have drugs to mitigate it.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Brando meets with Cyrus who offers him a job ... and then he goes straight to Sonny's to tell him.  I wish Cyrus were smart enough to have had Brando tailed, both sides of this mob war are too stupid to live.

I'm pretty sure Cyrus expects Brando to tell Sonny what's going on. That's how Cyrus thinks he'll get the upper hand. 

It's so stupid and boring no matter what, though. Cyrus isn't doing anything, Sonny hasn't been threatening for ages, and Brando is an idiot. None of them deserve to live.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Sonny is already bilingual, he used to be shown speaking spanish every so often back in the day.  Dante probably knows italian.... Spencer (who should be part of this conversation since he's Mike's grandkid too and his mother isn't around to be tested... though I'd be more worried about the crazy genes from his dad's side) probably speaks a couple of languages.  The rest not so much, though the 2 youngest could learn much easier if they start now.

In a few months, Sonny should be tested, it's the right thing to do for his children and grandson.  

Now, another reason that Anna's argument about changing DNA fails is that even if a marker like that could do so (which they don't) IF it happened, it would most likely have happened AFTER Peter's birth, because no matter which twin gave birth to him (It was Alex, duh) they were in their late teens when he was born and there was a lot more life led after that point for both sisters than before.

1 hour ago, ouinason said:

In a few months, Sonny should be tested, it's the right thing to do for his children and grandson.  

I don't know, given that a positive result doesn't mean you will definitely get the disease. I think it's very much an individual decision. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Are we supposed to think it was a case of "I'll reject her before she can reject me"? I don't know. I don't care. I hate Dev and find him possibly the most useless character on the canvas at the moment, which is saying something.

I honestly have no idea. The writers probably had no idea what to do w/him honestly.

Dev doesn't bother me much at all. That's probably b/c I skipped his whole introduction to the show, and then he would disappear for long stretches of time. LOL!  Apparently, he gets a lot of outside work from GH, which is good for him! The actor is a cutie, IMO. As I see it, he's just there to round out the teen set, and that's fine w/me. I would hate to see them take him down a "dark" path so I hope that's not in the plans.  And not b/c I love the character; I just think that would be unnecessary. 

For me, Dev is spicing up this teen drama a bit w/his antics so he serves a purpose there. Michael and Willow remain - for me - the most pointless characters on this show. They could leave town w/their precious baby and nothing would change. No stories would be impacted. LOL!

Edited by lala2
  • Love 1
On 10/18/2020 at 1:14 AM, Ambrosefolly said:

What is with FV's trope that of one half of couple randomly sleeping with someone else without even talking with their other half? First Dante  with Valerie, then Molly with Brando, now Ned with Alexis.

But if they talk with their partners before they bang someone else, they probably won't bang someone else!  I don't want to watch a show with couples with excellent communication skills and impeccable morals.  Besides, I don't blame Dante or Ned, both Lulu and Olivia are harridans.  I cannot blame Molly, I would bang Brando any time, any place.

On 10/18/2020 at 1:14 AM, Ambrosefolly said:

What is with FV's trope that of one half of couple randomly sleeping with someone else without even talking with their other half? First Dante  with Valerie, then Molly with Brando, now Ned with Alexis. I guess Alexis and Ned are a slight improvement because they were romantically involved and have been friends for a long time. There is some weird misunderstanding or breakdown in communication, and instead of trying to confront their better half, they randomly hook up with someone else. It makes Liz and Jason's one night stand when they conceived Jake look almost quaint because Liz actually caught Lucky having sex with Maxie. I guess FV and the headwaiter du jour think it some how absolves them sleeping with someone else, but in my eyes, it just makes them look immature. 

I wouldn't blame that completely on FV.  That's a been a soap trope from the very beginning.  In fact, (this isn't random sex, but goes back to communication) if Romeo and Juliet had had a 5 minute convo on their plans, they'd still be alive.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

In order of increasingly bad decisions (IMO):

Molly did try to talk to TJ, but he was kidnapped unbeknownst to her, and then Jordan went off on her for not giving TJ space to process that Molly didn't want to get married and what a shrew that made her. (paraphrased a bit)

Ned and Alexis had drunk!sex, which never lends itself to talk.

There was absolutely no excuse for Dante and Valerie. That hookup still gives me a rage blackout. So poorly and stupidly set up.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

But if they talk with their partners before they bang someone else, they probably won't bang someone else!  I don't want to watch a show with couples with excellent communication skills and impeccable morals.  Besides, I don't blame Dante or Ned, both Lulu and Olivia are harridans.  I cannot blame Molly, I would bang Brando any time, any place.

I can blame Molly and I do. 

5 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I wouldn't blame that completely on FV.  That's a been a soap trope from the very beginning.  In fact, (this isn't random sex, but goes back to communication) if Romeo and Juliet had had a 5 minute convo on their plans, they'd still be alive.

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

In order of increasingly bad decisions (IMO):

Molly did try to talk to TJ, but he was kidnapped unbeknownst to her, and then Jordan went off on her for not giving TJ space to process that Molly didn't want to get married and what a shrew that made her. (paraphrased a bit)

Ned and Alexis had drunk!sex, which never lends itself to talk.

There was absolutely no excuse for Dante and Valerie. That hookup still gives me a rage blackout. So poorly and stupidly set up.

I disagree with you all, except for the Dante/Valerie set up. All the hook ups post FV were poor set up. Soaps used to set up people sleeping around a lot better.  It was completely believable that Tony Jones would cheat on Bobbie after everything that had happened to him, or that Carly would have a one night stand with AJ while living with Tony. Or Monica having an affair after breast cancer. All of these I emotionally got, despite the immorality.  I even brought up Liz sleeping with Jason for the first time. It is plot point to plot point with FV as the EP now. Everyone acts bipolar. There is a good chance if Molly and TJ talked after his proposal, TJ might have decided to break up with Molly or Molly might have admitted that because they have been together since high school and hadn't dated anyone else, she wasn't sure about their relationship, or both. But no, they had TJ's mom break up with Molly and she believed that even though she had been living with her boyfriend for years. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Soaps used to set up people sleeping around a lot better.  It was completely believable that Tony Jones would cheat on Bobbie after everything that had happened to him, or that Carly would have a one night stand with AJ while living with Tony. Or Monica having an affair after breast cancer. All of these I emotionally got, despite the immorality. 

Good point!

• Love 2

I know we were supposed to see Alexis as a mean drunk today, someone destroying herself with a bottle, but I certainly enjoyed her calling Sam on her self-righteousness and the state of her own marriage. Even though she seems to be the only go-to for terrible happenings, I'm glad NLG is getting some good scenes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, rur said:

I certainly enjoyed her calling Sam on her self-righteousness

This is never wrong, no matter who does, what state they're in, or why. Sam is unbearable.

The hammering of where Nelle's body was found cracks me up. First it's Chase, Jordan, and everyone at the PCPD, now it's Detective Oliver Deleon, the Pennsylvania detective. I don't know why the show is hitting this so hard, unless it's to set up some future lawsuit when Nelle inevitably returns. 

Michael's whining about how he got everything he wanted was so dumb. If he thought he and Sasha really had something, maybe he should have tried a little harder to see what was behind the "cheating." What an idiot. And then there's Sasha and her "beat me up because I feel bad about myself" attitude. I can't believe I'm supposed to have any sympathy here for this quartet of dingbats.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If he thought he and Sasha really had something, maybe he should have tried a little harder to see what was behind the "cheating." What an idiot. And then there's Sasha and her "beat me up because I feel bad about myself" attitude. I can't believe I'm supposed to have any sympathy here for this quartet of dingbats.

The worst part for me is that they all haven't gotten over it yet.  It feels like it's been years since the cheating happened and yet they talk as though it was just last week.  I know the pandemic shut it down for a bit but still.  I get Chase's pain since he and Willow were farther along in their relationship, had talked about kids when she had the pregnancy scare.  But everytiime Sasha acts the wounded woobie because she lost her precious Michael, I just don't get it.  There never seemed to be anything between them since he was so obsessed with Wylie, before he even knew he was the father.  

Also, Sasha carrying around her empty drug baggie, that just happens to fall out of her purse is never not annoying.

On the bright side Alexis telling Sam to shut it and leave was all kinds of awesome.  

Brook Lynn joining Valentin for a drink and his little smirk, are we thinking they're going to wake up together, with hang overs???  Not sure how I feel about that.  

• Love 5

Alexis/Sam: Gotta say . . . .  Drunk!Alexis being mean to Sam is EVERYTHING! Loved those mean lines about Jason and Sam, herself! I will have to watch those scenes again 🙂 

The unFab Four: I really wish Chase and Sasha realized how much better off they are WITHOUT dopey Michael and weeping Willow in their lives.  I'm so sick of seeing them mope about these two. This saga is just not interesting to me. From what I can see, Chase and Sasha cared much more about Michael and Willow than Millow cared about them, esp. Michael. 

I like how the show tried to throw in a line about Michael loving Sasha or whatever . . . . too little, too late, Show! Michael has made it abundantly clear that he couldn't possibly care less about Sasha. He never even had ONE conversation w/Sasha after the "cheating" was revealed. He let her go so easily. There is NO WAY Michael thought he was building something solid w/her. If he did, he would have been more upset w/her for cheating on him than with Chase for hurting Willow! I'm not sure why they threw in that line today. It made no sense, but Michael's earlier saltiness and raging about precious, weeping Willow being hurt by big, bad Chase made much more sense and is completely in line w/Michael's attitude and behavior. 

I was not sure what to make of the Sasha/Willow interaction. In all honesty, I was never a huge fan of these four as friends and didn't pay much attn to their scenes together, so today's scenes didn't do much for me. I wish soaps were more realistic  though. There is no reason Sasha would sit down w/Willow. Why? What purpose would that serve? Sasha could have refused the drink, and then Willow could have just followed her and forced that awkward conversation. What did Willow want anyway? To be friends again?  To bury the hatchet? To tell her she was falling for Michael?! I don't even know. I just hate that Chase and Sasha are stuck caring about Millow while Millow are off being relatively happy. 

Carly/Jax/Valetin/Nina:  Don't care. 

Ned/Olivia/BLQ:  I started off paying attn to this but then started muting them! LOL! I really don't like Brook Lynn. She is a very annoying character to me. 

• Love 3

Boy, SLS was certainly earning his nickname today, wasn't he? I liked Chase and Willow. I tolerated Michael and Sasha. Currently, I like Chase, Willow needs to pee or get off the pot, SLS is even more obnoxious than usual, and Sasha is unbearable. Exactly what are the writers thinking with this excrement?

• Love 7

Michael is such a weenie. Your ex is dead, you get to keep your son and you have the woman you wanted all along, bitch. He's more upset at Chase than he is at Sacha who barely registers on the Michael radar.

I thought the Sam/Alexis scenes were good. And there was way too much smugness between Carly and BL. I still DGAF about Nina's daughter or son or whatever. It feels like this storyline has been going on for the last 20 years.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I still DGAF about Nina's daughter or son or whatever. It feels like this storyline has been going on for the last 20 years.

It really does, doesn't it? And we're still no closer to a resolution.

It cracked me up that Nina told Valentin all about Phyllis and then tells him not to do anything with the info. Uh, can open, worms everywhere, you nitwit! Of course Valentin is going to do something. I just can't with the stupidity of this fakakta show. It continues to make no effort at all.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It cracked me up that Nina told Valentin all about Phyllis and then tells him not to do anything with the info. Uh, can open, worms everywhere, you nitwit! Of course Valentin is going to do something. I just can't with the stupidity of this fakakta show. It continues to make no effort at all.

I sort of massively hope that Valentin decides NOT to help Nina because I really can't deal with his pining over that drip--let Jax deal with her adult child drama--he deserves better.

Sucker punching someone is such a little bitch move, so of course Michael pulls that with Chase--I wish Chase had hauled off and punched Michael back.  Again, Chase deserves better then having to deal with this idiocy.

It might be unpopular, but I sort of like Brook Lynn and her not allowing her dad to guilt trip her and blame her for his poor life choices.  So does she not have any type of job?

• Love 4

I’m sure the actress playing Brooklynn is supposed to be super snarky, nasty and superior so she’s doing a really great job. But, boy, would I like to slap that sneer off of her face!

• Love 2