Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The only thing that makes sense is that TJ always disliked or hated Kristina. 

Guess he’ll be fucking her soon then. 

• LOL 7

It seemed like Kristina is worried about her rights, re the baby, if Tolly break up because Molly will have none but TJ, as the bio dad, would?  Did I read that correctly?  It didn't really seem to me she was concerned because she was thinking of keeping the kid herself. 

I like how it dawned on Diane that she set the precident that could get Heather released.  And, as was mentioned, I liked that the writers thought to bring that up.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It seemed like Kristina is worried about her rights, re the baby, if Tolly break up because Molly will have none but TJ, as the bio dad, would?  Did I read that correctly?  It didn't really seem to me she was concerned because she was thinking of keeping the kid herself. 

She's wondering about her rights and responsibilities regarding the baby if they break up. Between the talk with Blaze about hypothetical children in the future and acknowledging that sometimes she feels like the baby is hers, and then the contemplative expression on her face and the look in Blaze's eyes after Molly left, it seems to be going in that direction. Kristina would not willingly give up her biological child (which this baby is!) to a man who is treating both her and her sister/the baby's intended mother like crap. That would be a toxic start for a newborn. 

• Like 7

Why has no one called Alexis, his sponsor, or Tracy to help talk to Finn?

What did Curtis expect, visiting Heather? Did he think that she would be so overcome with guilt hearing his words that she would beg them to throw away the key?

Portia and Curtis are awful people, holding themselves morally superior to everyone else and only concerned about their and their family's interests. Unfortunately the writers are now making Trina like them and ruining her too.

Carly needs to see a therapist to deal with her over the top need for Jason to be there for her.

Joss needs to tone things down. Gio may play the violin (moderately) well but she should respect hi working at the hotel to support himself.  This over the top praise soiled Michael is is on it's way to spoil Wylie.

On 6/10/2024 at 7:05 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

I've also been impressed with the Violet scenes. She's given a good, subdued performance in the last week or two as she's grieved her grandfather. I thought there'd be a lot "Is that like the Rainbow Bridge, Daddy?" type of pathos, but it's been much better than that, in terms of both the writing and acting.

I'm glad that they are finally writing her as somewhat age appropriate. Every time I've seen the actress on Will Trent, I've thought that it's a shame how badly Violet is written.

On 6/12/2024 at 3:58 PM, dubbel zout said:

I liked that Alexis pointed out to Laura that Laura couldn't control the outcome of Heather's case if it does get reopened, and that could mean Heather being set free. But I wish this whole story would be dropped without another word. It's so dumb.

They need to drop this storyline pronto because it isn't working for the audience. No one as far as I can see is moving from their initial position on it. Right now, it's annoying everyone.

Earlier this week in Toronto, a man who set a woman on fire, a stranger on the public bus was found not criminally responsible due to psychosis. That's how our criminal system works no matter what Portia, Curtis or Diane say.

On 6/12/2024 at 7:40 PM, Sake614 said:

And what exactly did Kristina do that was so ‘reckless’? Attend a wedding? Get an extra piece of cake? Maybe her heels were too high? Or the dress was too long? Is it too much to hope that TJ get caught in the crossfire the next time someone tries to take out Sonny or Jason?

Personally I'm hoping that there is one more hook for TJ left in Heather.

Or a scene like the one in Airplane as everyone lines up to slap him. TJ is behaving utterly irrationally, especially since wasn't it Molly who wanted a baby now?

5 hours ago, KittyQ said:

So true - Diane hasn't shown any concern about any other victims of Sonny or Jason, etc. and would have said she was "just doing her job" (which is true), but now she wants everyone else to just let Heather's case be, because she was the victim. And everyone else who has been complaining to Laura should also consider how they felt about Sonny et. al. getting off so many times. I think that Port Charles has a population deficient in self-awareness. 

Diane has always been a huge hypocrite. It was a pleasure seeing Alexis turn her own case against her.

• Like 7

Sonny was so pathetic and delusional in those Wednesday scenes with Kristina. I'm not as hard on Evan Hofer as some are, but I'm not sure he has the range to prance around like a peacock or act like he's "the man," even if that's what's written. His Dex is pretty much always the same low-key, flat-affect guy, whether he's courting Josslyn or trying not to get killed. But no, Sonny is sure that everything Dex was doing was calculated to enrage Sonny, and he put up with it until he just snapped.

If I were someone looking for a new soap and I watched those scenes in isolation, I'd think this Dex person must be a younger, better-looking criminal Sonny was jealous of.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It seemed today in Molly's scenes with Kristina and Blaze, that deep down she knows now she and TJ are over and she doesn't actually want to raise a kid with him. The tearful hugging of Kristina and the fake smile about TJ screamed desperation and denial. It seems likely Kristina, Blaze and Molly will end up raising this baby esp. after the Kristina/Blaze fantasy future chat. The dialogue today made me wonder if TJ will end up not wanting the baby after all of this because s/he is 50% Kristina and he despises Kristina so much at this point.  KM did a great job with Kristina appearing stunned at the thought that Molly and TJ could break up.

I actually thought all the scenes with Tracy-Stella, Heather-Curtis, Diane-Alexis and Laura-Trina-Kevin were all well done. Some really good/funny lines in the scenes. I didn't even hate Curtis ... so weird!!

I liked it! What is the world coming to?!

And NO Sonny, nor Carly!  Yippeee! Answers the question who needs 'em?  Not me!

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, ljr said:

What happened to Kristina’s home for teenagers?

She said that she stopped going during the pregnancy. It sounded like she did it to placate the control freaks she's having the baby for.

• Like 5

I maybe would have enjoyed the scenes with Molly and Kristina more if Molly weren't such a hypocrite. I suppose it was self-preservation her not telling Kristina that during her fight with TJ, she admitted that she was wrong to trust Kristina; that they should forget about her and leave her alone until the baby is born and then everything will be FINE!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Joss needs to tone things down. Gio may play the violin (moderately) well--go find the youtube of him at a Lakers halftime--he is way more then moderately talented

• Love 1
On 6/13/2024 at 6:17 AM, perkie1968 said:

Has he though?  Am forgetting scenes between Tahj and Lexi where the characters hate and scream at each other?

The only time I remember outright hostility between Kristina and TJ was when the actor prior to Tahj was in the role. Lexi's Kristina said something snarky about them not being sexually active together (because HP's Molly had acknowledged at some point before that scene that she was still a virgin). TJ didn't get why she was trying to start stuff and told her to mind her own business. I would say TJ has thought of Kristina as not a great sister to Molly and well as someone with a troubled history, but not hate. 

"If I hadn't earned the scholarship, my Uncle Sonny was going to pay my way." Of course he was. *rme*

I don't get why the apartment Trina and Joss rent has to be above the Q gatehouse. I know they want to put Gio and Trina in close proximity, but there are other ways to do it that are just as easy. The MetroCourt pool, for instance, where we already know Gio works and Trina goes to regularly.

I guess the show is going to ignore Lucky's addiction issues, which is dumb but TFGH. It would help explain some of her rigidness toward Finn. Not that her behavior is wrong, necessarily, but if you didn't know she had a history with an addict, it could feel like it comes out of nowhere.

I don't know why Drew was sneering at Nina for wanting a favor, given that he often needs one from him. Their "banter" always feels so forced to me.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
(edited)
33 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Gio seems like a good guy. I hope he and Trina get to be great friends if not more. 

I think he means well but he is brand new to the Quartermaine Family. It was NOT his place to offer the garage apartment to Joss and Trina just because Ned had offered it to him, but "Aunt Lois" wants him in the main house. Yet again, Joss acts entitled like her mother and doesn't actually have to put in any effort to get what she wants. Ugh.

Gio would certainly be a step-up for Trina, friend-wise or as a boyfriend. He was awarded a scholarship and is going to school because he wants to in order to achieve goals, got a job without whining about it, cares about developing his talent, and doesn't throw money around to solve problems. 

I feel bad for Kristina, Elizabeth, and Chase.  Now Finn turns his asshole behavior (preview) on his dear friend, Alexis? Ughh!!

Something Alexis said got my attention. Was she around Elizabeth, Lucky and Nikolas during Lucky's pill addiction storyline?

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 4
(edited)

The new apartment set is cute, and I don’t mind that Gio showed it to Trina and Joss before asking if they could actually rent it. As Joss said, Michael would do anything for her, and Monica would do anything for Michael. It was simply a formality.

Finn sucks. Send him to rehab already and let’s be done with it.

Does the actor that plays Gio also actually play the violin? When he was performing in front of Ava and Trina, it looked to me that he was, well, acting. Am I missing something?

Edited by Stinger97
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Something Alexis said got my attention. Was she around Elizabeth, Lucky and Nikolas during Lucky's pill addiction storyline?

I think so? I have very vague memories that she was the lawyer involved in at least one of the Lucky/Elizabeth divorces.

33 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She was busy dying of cancer, finding her daughter sleeping with her husband, and fending off custody grabs during the worst of it.

• Useful 2
30 minutes ago, Stinger97 said:

Does the actor that plays Gio also actually play the violin? When he was performing in front of Ava and Trina, it looked to me that he was, well, acting. Am I missing something?

Yes, he does play and extremely well. There is a ton of YouTube videos. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

I've actually enjoyed the past couple of days.  Despite the presence of Ava, I love that Trina exists in a world where art and music matter, and if GB proves to have acting chops that mimic his musicianship, I think I'll be all in for their relationship. 

Loved the connection between Tracy and Stella, though I would like to see Tracy with a wider range of scene partners. Right now, one of those partners needs to be Finn.  With Chase, Elizabeth, Alexis and possibly Tracy all working to help Finn and Violet, I expect we might be in for a dramatic treat, should an intervention take place. 

I didn't even mind Heather and Curtis, and I enjoyed the Alexis/Diane scenes related to case precedent.  While I loved seeing Kevin again, I think we need more depth to his scenes with Laura about all of this.  They're more than capable, and I hope it's forthcoming.  

I even see promise in Drew having a political career, as long as it doesn't all become about his affair with Nina.  

Crossing my fingers that the change in writers doesn't blow all of this up.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Stinger97 said:

As Joss said, Michael would do anything for her, and Monica would do anything for Michael. It was simply a formality.

This is why I hate Joss so much. Infinite privilege with people either bending backward for her or just giving what she wants.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:
1 hour ago, Stinger97 said:

As Joss said, Michael would do anything for her, and Monica would do anything for Michael. It was simply a formality.

This is why I hate Joss so much. Infinite privilege with people either bending backward for her or just giving what she wants.

If Monica agrees to this, it's on her. I know LC isb't around, but I wonder if Monica would be consulted about any of this regardless. Olivia and Lois seem to have appointed themselves heads of household. You're related to me in the most tenuous way? There's a place on the Q property for you!

I'd love LC to come back long enough for a scene where Monica says, "When did I start running a free residence? If you're over 18 and have a job, get out and find another place to live!"

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

If Monica agrees to this, it's on her.

Honestly, I don't care if Monica agrees or disagrees with this. The writers just genuinely suck for this. It wasn't enough to have Carly barge in like she owns the place, now we're going to have Mini Me cruising around the place like she owns it. Never mind that Joss has money coming out of every orifice because she's a trust fund baby.

Get a condo that daddy will pay for.

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Honestly, I don't care if Monica agrees or disagrees with this. The writers just genuinely suck for this. It wasn't enough to have Carly barge in like she owns the place, now we're going to have Mini Me cruising around the place like she owns it. Never mind that Joss has money coming out of every orifice because she's a trust fund baby.

Can't wait for her to start strolling in for coffee in the morning and I hope Sasha has been alerted that there's another mouth to feed.

59 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Not if she wants to live with Trina. I mean yeah Portia is a doctor and not exactly suffers in the $$ dept. but Trina doesn’t have Joss kind of money so they have to find something she can afford as well. I half expected them to move into Finn’s apt after ME (hopefully) leaves the show. But how exactly is the Q mansion close to the PCU campus? I imagine it being on the outskirts of town to have that much land.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

So much this! You know who should live in that two-bedroom apartment on the Quartermaine property? An actual Quartermaine family member or two. BLQ and Chase, now a married couple, should live in a place that doesn't have memories of his live-in relationship with Willow. They may also need space for their niece, Violet, while Finn gets his life together.

Or here's a thought, the show could bring back Tracy's other son instead of pretending Dillion doesn't exist anymore.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Stinger97 said:

Does the actor that plays Gio also actually play the violin?

He does play, but that bit today looked pre-recorded.

• Like 1

I want more Q's but the real Q's not free loading Lois. Does she work or have anywhere to be? Stranger Gio, all the random children, Jason showing up at BL wedding for no reason, Carly wandering in and out and now her daughter on property? 

Why can't Joss live at her mother's mansion apartment somewhere? Why can't Joss get an apartment or even a PH from Jax? What ever happened to his ph? 

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
On 6/13/2024 at 2:10 PM, Desperado said:

I went back and glanced at the history of the Heather character (since the 70s!) and although I loved Robin Mattson and like Alley Mills, that character is irredeemable and should be done. Forever. Done.

I'll preface this by saying that I've never really cared for Mills' take on the character anyway, but Heather is an absolutely inessential character. Say they follow through with getting her out of prison... what then? Where does the story go from there? How does her presence enrich anything on the show? Inevitably she would just get "nice-ified" and then disappear into the background.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5

If there is an apartment above the quatermaine garage why isn’t Brooklyn living in it? 

16 hours ago, JMO said:

Crossing my fingers that the change in writers doesn't blow all of this up.

I have no doubt it will. 

• Sad 4

I don’t get how living in a place on someone else’s family property is anymore appealing for 2 college kids than living in a dorm surrounded by their peers or just staying in their parent’s extremely large homes. A place like that would be more suited for their household staff or a nanny since they’ll get a little more privacy but still be close by. Like I couldn’t see the Qs being ok with a bunch of drunk 21/22 year olds being on their property if they ever wanted to throw a party.

• Like 8

Just catching up. I was thinking Diane will probably take Heather's case and argue against her own precedent. She'll be called as a victim/witness against Heather, but then she will cross examine herself and end up being victorious ~~proving once again she is the greatest lawyer who ever lawyered. 😁

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 8
14 hours ago, ciarra said:

He does play, but that bit today looked pre-recorded.

I'm guessing the filming studio acoustics aren't the best for violin solos.  

Ordinarily, I don't condone violence, but slapping Joss would make me feel so good! After Joss, I'd move on to TJ, who will likely always resent Kristen being the surrogate. And that is bound to affect his parenting of this child.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t get how living in a place on someone else’s family property is anymore appealing for 2 college kids than living in a dorm surrounded by their peers or just staying in their parent’s extremely large homes.

They have the illusion of grown-up independent life there. They will have privacy (no "take-out food smells" or "other peoples' noises") in their own place that is away from other students and their parents which they didn't have to put forth any effort to attain, they will absolutely pay less money than they would if they signed a lease (security deposit, rent that includes amenities), Josslyn can complain to Michael whenever she's not satisfied by anything ranging from the hot water ran out to Lois said something nice about Sonny in front of her, Sasha would never say no to Michael's sister wanting to take food from the Q Mansion, etc. 

• Like 4
On 6/12/2024 at 3:46 PM, PatsyandEddie said:

No bag of eggs for him. I’m in the mood for sock full of nickels or billiard balls. 

Wow, you guys play rough. Joe Pesci would be proud.

• LOL 2
On 6/14/2024 at 5:59 PM, JMO said:

Despite the presence of Ava, I love that Trina exists in a world where art and music matter, and if GB proves to have acting chops that mimic his musicianship, I think I'll be all in for their relationship. 

I'm not the biggest classical fan but I love that they found a way to incorporate music into a show that cannot afford to license copyrighted music. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ava had a strange look on her face (at least to me) when Gio was playing; was that intentional by MW, or is it just her listening face?

Yeah, she had that is it over yet? lemon face.

Edited by ciarra
26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ava had a strange look on her face (at least to me) when Gio was playing; was that intentional by MW, or is it just her listening face?

I noticed it, too, but I attributed it to her absorbing this new information about Sonny and his paying for Gio's education, and trying to figure out how best to use it to her advantage. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
On 6/12/2024 at 12:58 PM, dubbel zout said:

I liked that Alexis pointed out to Laura that Laura couldn't control the outcome of Heather's case if it does get reopened, and that could mean Heather being set free. But I wish this whole story would be dropped without another word. It's so dumb.

Only in PC could a politician have a soft-on-crime position, but I guess it's kinda required.  Interesting that Diane set the precedent to make it happen.  And of course it's all about how Curtis and Portia feel.  I'm still hoping for the scene where Liesl confronts Heather over Britt's death.

And honestly, considering that Heather killed Brando and in light of Johnny Wactor's death (and I know the show could not have anticipated that) the whole thing feels in such poor taste that I wish it would just be dropped.

• Like 7
  • Applause 7
On 6/13/2024 at 10:40 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

I like how it dawned on Diane that she set the precident that could get Heather released.  And, as was mentioned, I liked that the writers thought to bring that up.

If I remember correctly the precedent on the show was started when Alexis defended Manny Ruiz who they found to have a brain tumor and that was the reason he committed all those crimes including murder, attempted murder, kidnapping and stalking Sam. 

BTW, although Manny had the tumor removed, it did not stop him in his violent ways including shooting Sam and kidnapping Elzabeth.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, Lugal said:

And honestly, considering that Heather killed Brando and in light of Johnny Wactor's death (and I know the show could not have anticipated that) the whole thing feels in such poor taste that I wish it would just be dropped.

After Tyler died, I hoped to see Nik redeemed with a better recast or the character restored and then retired. I still do, however much of a pipe dream it may be.

If they go forward with this Heather nonsense in light of Johnny’s death, they are just hopeless. Her victims included a cop and vet, portrayed by Johnny. Slinging BLTs at Bobbie’s, doting on Ace in the Hole, or whatever they have in mind already didn’t work. 

• Like 7
11 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I don’t have X or Facebook but perhaps those who do could make mention of how bad this story is in light of JW’s senseless murder. 

They don't care. The only time I recall this show changing course was after 9/11. They had planned to have Stavros blow up something, but in light of what happened, cut it out/changed it.

But I'm sure they can do what's right, since they often do shit that makes no sense-like abruptly ending Jaysus and Britt, with Jason suddenly deciding he and Cujo need to get married so the other Families won't kill her. Whatever. And the worst retcon that his 'roided ass has always been in wuv with her when viewers who have been watching for years know different.

• Like 4

Why is Chase required to be at the surprise party Michael threw for Willow? And then she offers condolences and hugs him like they're great friends? Hasn't he suffered enough already? I did like that he didn't want to acknowledge/accept her "you were the first man I ever loved" crap.

Of course all the guests except for Curtis were Michael's family or Quartermaine employees/property residents. I guess Curtis was there because he was waiting for Portia. 

Shut UP, Carly. You need a hobby that isn't PC busybody. And it's not your party.

NLG really rocked the scenes of Alexis giving Finn a reality check. It's clear her words hit him hard (more so than Elizabeth's) because he respects her so much and values her friendship. It's hard to feel sorry for Finn crying over his glass after the way he devalued Chase's loss and made Alexis cry. 

Willow, on what planet is Drew running for office a "sacrifice" for him?! Wonder how long before she cheats on Michael with Drew. He's sooo oblivious.  Also, giggling with Sasha over Cody was lame. Do the writers realize these women are sexually experienced adults, not middle schoolers?

My last WTF is why there's a flamingo figure on the top of a birthday cake in upstate NY instead of the words Happy Birthday or anything resembling birthday celebration decorations. 

Preview: It's such bad writing that Carly would choose now to get in Sam's face about one of her past pregnancies.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Preview: It's such bad writing that Carly would choose now to get in Sam's face about one of her past pregnancies.

i just saw that. the hell?
If I was Sam, it would be "the answer, Carly, is it's Nunyah,  as in, None yah business. You damn cow."

Edited by Daisy
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3