Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Dante using his gun in another country, in a semi-public area with civilians. Okey, dokey.

Love GF to pieces (and appreciate the new efforts of stylists to give her a nicer look), but she didn’t do her best work worrying at Kevin’s bedside.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
On 1/25/2024 at 3:20 PM, statsgirl said:

What did Jordan do to be forced into a relationship with Brick? Ick x 1000.

Seriously. I was grossed out at him flirting with Jordan. 

I had almost the same reaction to Valentin flirting with Nina. I guess he's over being upset about Charlotte and mourning the end of his relationship with the supposed great love of his life? Meanwhile she's still acting traumatized that she shot Charlotte even though she knows it happened because Valentin lied.

Also, Ick x 1000 = Sonny staring at Valentin with Nina while suggesting to Ava he can get her settled in on his island. The audience does not deserve to watch him attempt to seduce Ava to get revenge on "legal" (I 🙄when he said that to Brick) wife Nina. The crypt sex that resulted in Avery was disgusting enough, thanks. 

Also eye-roll worthy: Diane's court room dramatic speaking, and Sam breathlessly making a beeline to Martin, Finn and Elizabeth with the info about the couple's finances was crucial to preventing Finn from being sentenced to lethal injection in a murder trial. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Since when can the plaintiff's lawyer call the defendant to the stand?

This is a civil case, not a criminal case, so the plaintiff can call the defendant to the stand. 

To @jsbt’s point, Ava is also the reason Morgan is dead. I like Ava much more than I did before but it’s good Sonny and Ava can be civil to each other. 

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, lala2 said:

This is a civil case, not a criminal case, so the plaintiff can call the defendant to the stand. 

L&O U did not cover this when I attended, so thanks, @lala2.

I forgot to mention earlier: What was the deal with the creepy hotel employee barging into Trina and Spencer's room? I thought we might see him get a payoff from Esmé after confirming the pair were in the room, but no, it was just dropped. 

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I forgot to mention earlier: What was the deal with the creepy hotel employee barging into Trina and Spencer's room? I thought we might see him get a payoff from Esmé after confirming the pair were in the room, but no, it was just dropped. 

I thought that was odd too! It made me think Esme paid him to do it for some reason. I’m almost positive she’s not in Toronto! lol

• Like 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Since when can the plaintiff's lawyer call the defendant to the stand?

Since always.  It's not a criminal trial.  The defendant can't take the fifth.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

L&O U did not cover this when I attended, so thanks, @lala2.

I think it was foreshadowing that Esme will be able to get in or that he planted something while he was in there.  It was very bizarre at any rate.

• Like 4

If I may defend my fave, Olivia Jerome is the proximate cause of Morgan's death. Yes Ava messed with his meds and that was heinous, but he is dead because Liv planted the bomb in Julian's car.

And I still maintain, to quote Walk Hard: wrong kid died.

Ava totally murdered Connie. But if anyone should be able to look past a little murder, it's Sonny freaking Corinthos.

• Like 11
  • Applause 4

Did they get Sam's outfit from the Big and Tall Store today. She looked like a girl playing dress up. She was swimming in it and the pant legs were dragging on the floor. Then Diane had not one, but two gold chains hanging around her belly with her suit. And I continue to be mesmerized by Anna's ever extending hair extensions! She could have done a shampoo commercial today. At least I am getting some giggles out of it. 

The one fun story would be Nina starting a rival fashion mag. So of course she says no. 🙄

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

Ava totally murdered Connie. But if anyone should be able to look past a little murder, it's Sonny freaking Corinthos.

Especially since Sonny banged Olivia almost before Connie's body was cold. Love of his life, my arse.

• Like 7

Anna just shot a child and Laura gives Anna a job? Police commissioner for someone who shot a child? Anna is the only one being logical. 

Shouldn't Trina be in a dorm?

Are we supposed to like Diane?  Hate her more daily.  

Nina should go with Valentine's idea. He's right on. 

So the Muldoons are broke because of Aurora stock.  Lol

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

I’m sort of glad Nina didn’t start a rival magazine and poach Crimson’s staff. Yes, Drew and Carly would have deserved it but I really, really need for the granny wars to end and god knows dumb and dumber won’t ever take the high road and move on 

• Like 6

Don't we think Nina will probably decide to do the rival magazine after all? Of course, what would be a lot more refreshing would be for Carly to realize that she and Nina should literally just switch back to each other's jobs.

I clocked Brick's growing douchiness a couple of weeks ago when he entered Sonny's office wearing a million chains and a sweater thingie instead of a suit. He was really ramping up the "too cool to enunciate" school of acting. So to now have this even slimier version of Brick hitting on Jordan is just not acceptable. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
53 minutes ago, Artsda said:

She should, as an exchange student. And she should be having the exchange student experience not whatever this champagne and concierge thing that Spencer is doing.

For all his money and title (how does an illegitimate line carry the title?) Spencer doesn't seem much of a prize. He's judgmental and he's now done nothing but be idle for two years now. He's in Paris, he could perfect his French. he could take some history or literature courses, he could study at Le Cordon Bleu. But no, he's going to hang around doing nothing and dand distract Trina from her studies.

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

I'm curious if the writing going to have consequences for Carly and Drew or if it's just a throw-away to mollify the people who think that Nina was right (there are a lot of them on twitter).  As we've said here, it should have been an Aurora investor who called the SEC, not Nina.

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I’m sort of glad Nina didn’t start a rival magazine and poach Crimson’s staff.

I see your point but Nina has to do something. How can she have any self-respect if she just rolls over and let']\\s Drew and Carly not just walk all over her but destroy her important relationships?

Hard to decide which is a worse relationship, Jordan/Brick or Robert/Diane. Maybe we could interest Brick in Diane, they both put love of Sonny over the law or ethics.

• Like 9

I'm hoping this is just Nina's refusal of the call and she does end up putting Crimson out of business. A. because I want Carly to lose something and B. because it means the interim writers are finally using some sort of basic story structure even if The Hero's Journey is an overused and outdated one.

• Like 7

Did anyone else catch Diane saying the prosecution rests? Does she now think she’s the DA and this is a criminal trial? 

And what the hell was she wearing????

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

I'm hoping this is just Nina's refusal of the call and she does end up putting Crimson out of business. A. because I want Carly to lose something and B. because it means the interim writers are finally using some sort of basic story structure even if The Hero's Journey is an overused and outdated one.

I wonder if Nina has a non compete clause in her contract or the resigning doc she signed that would prevent her from creating a similar magazine for a period of time?

• Useful 1

Nina should start her own rival magazine and just for effect call it Willow. It would be worth it just to see the reaction of Carly and Michael alone. 

While I doubt it will happen can they please keep Nina away from Sonny for the foreseeable future. A quick divorce would be ideal. 

Get Nina more involved with helping Charlotte. Maybe use that as a way to show Willow how good a person Nina can be which will eventually lead to Willow accepting Nina at some point as her mother. Again would love to see how Carly and Michael react to Willow accepting Nina it would be priceless tv. 

I somehow have found myself pulling for Esme and hope she somehow gets Ace back and then disappears with him. 

• Like 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm curious if the writing going to have consequences for Carly and Drew or if it's just a throw-away to mollify the people who think that Nina was right (there are a lot of them on twitter).  As we've said here, it should have been an Aurora investor who called the SEC, not Nina.

Mollify people how? If anything this is no longer a victimless crime. We don't just have the name of some rando who died from cancer. They hired an actress to play the widow and built Finn's case around this. If the guy was rich, lost his money because of what Carly did, then couldn't afford insurance or cancer treatment no matter how advanced it was, then this guy is a victim. 

It doesn't exactly make Carly and Drew look any better than they did when Carly was shouting that she was the only victim because she lost her hotel and had to pay a fine.

If anything, the widow should be sewing Aurora, Drew and Carly separately instead of Dr. Boring. It's well documented that there was insider trading and that's why the whole thing tanked and that Drew went to prison. Why the board of directors didn't oust him is a whole mystery, but these writers suck at their job.

Instead of giving Carly Nina's job at Crimson and making her and Drew look smug assholes, they should have taken them to the cleaners in a lawsuit. Fuck those two and the donkey they rode on.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2

Yeah, if we had good writers they'd have Martin approach the widow after the verdict and say hey, you actually do have a case but you chose the wrong plaintiff.  I'll take your case against Aurora though.  I mean Martin knows what happened and he's right there.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

It won't go anywhere, because that would mean that Drew and Carly would have to face facts that someone did get hurt with their insider trading, but I appreciate the show tying this in. 

• Like 9
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

The way I understood what was going on was that Trina starts school on Monday and they were just taking a weekend holiday.  Trina will not be living in the hotel, or anywhere else, with Spenser.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

Yeah, if we had good writers they'd have Martin approach the widow after the verdict and say hey, you actually do have a case but you chose the wrong plaintiff.  I'll take your case against Aurora though.  I mean Martin knows what happened and he's right there.  

Martin is a tool and a spineless weasel.

• Like 10
58 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Well, we know Diane wouldn't tell her, as she's a Carly/Drew apologist.  But, yes, wouldn't it be lovely if this was used to sue those two with the added irony that it was Sam who found the info.  I'm sure Mr. Calm and Rational would take that news well.

The Brick flirting with Jordan is gross.  I know Stephen A. Smith thinks he's the next great actor in Hollywood, but he's not.  Also, great look for the Deputy Mayor to be asking a criminal for help.

Really wish Nina would take Valentin up on his offer and start a magazine that blows Crimson, which will probably be renamed Carly's World any second, out of the water.  That and a lawsuit would be highly entertaining to watch.

• Like 11
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Stephen A. Smith thinks he's the next great actor in Hollywood, but he's not.

I really hate translating what the hell he's mumbling for my hard of hearing mother.  He's worse than Mo.

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, Artsda said:

Anna just shot a child and Laura gives Anna a job?

In Anna's defence, it's not like she walks around town, looking for kids to shoot.  Plus, unless Dante gets promoted there is no one else with Mac "out of the country" (otherwise known as when JJY gets better and returns).  I guess the job could have been offered to Taggert but he's fallen down a mineshaft somewhere and no one is lookiing for him.  

6 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I really hate translating what the hell he's mumbling for my hard of hearing mother.  He's worse than Mo.

This.  So much this.  I rewound twice on Friday and I still didn't catch what he said when he left Jordan though by her expression I figured it was something gross and sexist.  

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Crimson, which will probably be renamed Carly's World

The entire show is in danger of needing to be renamed "Carly's World".

21 hours ago, Desperado said:

Dante using his gun in another country, in a semi-public area with civilians. Okey, dokey.

Especially in a city where 11 years after a cop shot a civilian and the inquest is again going on.

5 hours ago, db1702 said:

I somehow have found myself pulling for Esme and hope she somehow gets Ace back and then disappears with him.

Same here.  She's had too many bad breaks and betrayals for me to blame her for all her misfortunes.

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Mollify people hcow? If anything this is no longer a victimless crime.

While Facebook is Carly Squad, many people on twitter are defending Nina saying that she was right to report and the crimes were on Carly and Drew. But while it's nice to acknowledge that there were victims other than Carly, is this idea something that is going to be dropped now that they've acknowledged it, or will there be actual follow-through? If it is the latter, I'm betting that it will be to Drew and Teflon Carly will be free and clear once again.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

While Facebook is Carly Squad, many people on twitter are defending Nina saying that she was right to report and the crimes were on Carly and Drew. But while it's nice to acknowledge that there were victims other than Carly, is this idea something that is going to be dropped now that they've acknowledged it, or will there be actual follow-through? If it is the latter, I'm betting that it will be to Drew and Teflon Carly will be free and clear once again.

Maybe it's part Drewfus's exit story?

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Maybe it's part Drewfus's exit story?

He scuttles out of Port Charles under cloak of darkness because he's so ashamed of bilking people out of their life savings? I can subscribe to this newsletter.

• LOL 8

Ridiculous how Sam found video footage from a year ago of Muldoon entering a medical clinic.  I doubt they would keep it that long.  Let alone give it to anyone who isn't a cop.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Crimson, which will probably be renamed Carly's World any second

This made me laugh out loud. I'm now reimagining O Magazine covers with Carly in Oprah's place.

• LOL 5

Why are there only 5 jurors at finns trial. I noticed the black man on the jury. He was the only juror who looked interested 

20 hours ago, CeChase said:

Maybe Nina could reconsider the new magazine, and do a profile on the widow, vilifying Drew and Carly for their insider trading, and pointing out they both got minimal punishment while people's life savings got wiped out/ lives ruined. 

( This would also be a story Alexis should do, but she won't). 

But Nina could do to Carly what she did with the profile of Ava.

The bad press could also cost Drew, threatening his role at Aurora and ELQ. ( Just in time for Jason to return, so he questions Carly's loyalty to him) 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
11 hours ago, ljr said:

Why are there only 5 jurors at finns trial. I noticed the black man on the jury. He was the only juror who looked interested 

In NY, in civil trials they only have 6 jurors.  Sure you didn't just miss one?

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Maybe Nina could reconsider the new magazine, and do a profile on the widow, vilifying Drew and Carly for their insider trading, and pointing out they both got minimal punishment while people's life savings got wiped out/ lives ruined. 

But Nina could do to Carly what she did with the profile of Ava.

The bad press could also cost Drew, threatening his role at Aurora and ELQ. ( Just in time for Jason to return, so he questions Carly's loyalty to him) 

This would be amazing 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I would LOVE that! Maybe Mulcahy will grant our wish? Depends on how equal the co-head writers are. If Korte has the final word, it won’t happen. 

• Useful 3
4 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

aybe Nina could reconsider the new magazine, and do a profile on the widow, vilifying Drew and Carly for their insider trading, and pointing out they both got minimal punishment while people's life savings got wiped out/ lives ruined. 

Alexis really should be doing this story, but god forbid she hurts Carly or Drew's feelings.  So what the ramifications almost derailed her good buddy Finn's career.  He can just go to a meeting and he'll be fine.

• Like 5

It's offensive to me that patients are insurance scammers.  The writers went out of their way to show Finn wasn't at fault.  I wish they had gone with a grey area, where tests were lost, misinterpreted, or not followed up on, rather than "I told him to come back for further testing, but he didn't".

• Like 3

I have two questions/remarks.

1. Have we just given up on solving Austin's murder?

2. Yes, Anna shot a child. But said child was a 14/15 year old who appeared to have entered Anna's home uninvited. It's not like she shot a toddler in a playground. (Not that there is ever a reason to shoot someone. Proud Canadian here.)

• Like 5
On 1/26/2024 at 4:03 PM, jsbt said:

I am no Sonny fan but I have no idea how they share the same room civilly, let alone sometimes seem buddy-buddy.

The same way Monica can be in the room with him and Michael can love him after he killed AJ.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
(edited)

I don’t know if they’re going anywhere with Sonny and Ava or I’m misreading signals but I find their interactions weird. I honestly don’t think it’s in character for Sonny to ask Ava to move in with him for her safety or to accompany her to the island, even for Avery’s sake. He would just offer his bodyguards and to keep Avery if it was anyone else. I also don’t get what caused the shift between them and why their relationship isn’t antagonistic when it’s not like they were ever friendly at any stage of Ava’s time in PC prior to him getting with Nina, who he isn’t currently speaking to anyway. Just seems like a forced interaction because Ava has 1 friend and no family she’s close to other than her minor kid and Sonny didn’t have a SL of his own. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 2
On 1/27/2024 at 11:37 AM, YaddaYadda said:

Speaking of Martin being Finn's lawyer, why didn't his malpractice insurance company provide someone?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

In this day and age with the security measures that are in place why wouldn’t they know where Esme is headed?  You need a passport to travel to Canada or Paris. 

• Love 1

Interesting that Laura thinks that losing Ace pushed Esme over the edge (and lampshading that they didn't write Esme with any subtlety). It could be a way back for the character in the future.

Spencer acknowledges that Nik wasn't the best father and hopes that he does better with Ace. Idiot, why did you give a baby to your sociopath father?

I hope that Trina's time in Paris inspires her to try something more interesting than chicken in a wine sauce.

Curtis' angst is still Zzzzzzz. Sorry Stella, feeling sorry for himself is exactly like Curtis.

American police officers searching an apartment in a foreign country is offensive.

18 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

1. Have we just given up on solving Austin's murder?

I wasn't paying much attention because it's Brick but I think that he said that the gun that shot Austin was from the WSB stash as the one that shot Curtis. But that doesn't make sense.

Finn is being stupid. If Muldoon told his wife to sue, then she's innocent of knowing that it's fraud. What Finn is proposing, to not fight the charge even though he knows it was a set-up, is his fraud against the insurance company.

14 minutes ago, jacourt said:

In this day and age with the security measures that are in place why wouldn’t they know where Esme is headed?  You need a passport to travel to Canada or Paris. 

I hate to defend the writing but it's possible that her old passport is still valid.

• Like 3

And we are back. The show lost some of the best actors in their 20s. That group is now down to Joss and Trina.

In other news, Jagger is back. Blonde and blue-eyed. He must be really, really underco ver

• LOL 6

RE: Muldoon's broke because of Aurora stock fiddling 

As much as I disliked the malpractice plot, I really liked that they included someone who was financially affected by Carly's insider trading. I just wish they had made that a bigger issue and made Carly and Drew aware that their actions had very real repercussions (even fatal for some) for Aurora investors, so as much as they resented Nina's snitching, they have to realize that they did something wrong

• Like 10

Oh, PTV, where were you when we needed you?!

The one bright light for the week is the knowledge that the people who brought us this Esme/Spencer, Carly/Crimson, Drew/Michael, Curtis-in-the-gym-days-after-cutting-edge-spinal-surgery,  and Sonny-under-fire dreck are already gone.  They have squandered both talent and some promising storyline opportunities and left behind a convoluted mess.  Wishing the new crew the best of luck in cleaning it up, and trying to be patient while it happens.  Readying the fast-forward button, just in case.

I don’t know who Sonny’s shooter is, but I do wish they had better aim.

Jane Elliot is a treasure and one of the few reasons to keep watching.  She elevates everything, and I suspect the other actors look forward to their scenes with her.  Ditto for Genie Francis, who was genuinely moving in showing us Laura’s grief, despite the ridiculous storyline. 

Bidding a fond farewell to Avery Pohl, who was remarkably adept at keeping us guessing about the true nature of her character, and to Courtney Fulk, whose work as Joss was excellent.  I’ll miss them.  I was ready to bid farewell to the Clay twins as Ace because I was sure he’d have been SORASed by the time we saw the character again, but I guess we get to hold on to them a bit longer.  Wish Ace was with Esme, and not Nicholas.

Looking forward to seeing Cam again, intrigued about where they will take Jagger.  I think he left during one of my prolonged absences from watching, only remember him with Karen. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I missed this forum!  Do you know who I had to watch on Spencer’s last day?  The She-Beast!,( ™️ GHScorpiosRule) who managed to get one up on Tracy!  Tracy!!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1