Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I wonder how much of the current problems are a result of the writers strike and a lack of proper overall direction in the storylines. It feels like 90% of the storylines are treading water waiting for instructions on what to do next.

I don't understand why Spencer is always taking a swing at Dex. Am I supposed to think that this is how he solved disagreements in his expensive French boarding school?

Evan Hofer is an adequate actor (I'd put him above Ryan Paevey and  below Josh Swickward who puts energy into his roles) but he was nicknamed Block of Wood for a reason. I never thought much of James Denton as an actor but a while ago I saw him in a romcom where he was listening & encouraging as his partner sang and the guy performed a monologue without words. Hofer is just a store mannequin unless he has dialogue. He's lucky to he paired with Joss who will never be off centre stage.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

They might as well have made Esme’s kid Spencer’s because this dynamic is so strange and the constant dialogue by others that he’s a parent to Ace and expected to help out makes absolutely no sense. Wanting custody to get him away from Esme was one thing but coparenting with her is stupid.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Wanting custody to get him away from Esme was one thing but coparenting with her is stupid.  

You mean you don't think the plan to lull Esmé into a false sense of security so she'll get her memory back and admit to her crimes doesn't ring true for you?

• LOL 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I don't like NAC all bulked up- he's losing his neck.

Unless he has super genes and discipline, the lengthy rest of his career is going to be consumed with concern about bulk/weight gain.  When it was first noticable, I was wondering if he was on some meds (in addition to a growth spurt) because he doesn't even look chiseled like acting student Dex. [admittedly Dex has improved a bit with his dialogue and doesn't make MB look that good in their scenes anymore] To be sure, NAC probably looks great IRL and his acting chops seem to have potential for success (action roles in a series like 'Graceland', but the competition (w/o connections) is fierce. 

ETA: So troubling to read that they took Ava's character down a couple of notches.  Can't have Carly looking too bad to the other women in PC by  comparison (e.g., Tracy using her daughter to commit corporate espionage, Olivia's husband publically disses her while Carly's partner does time for her, Anna is such a traitor that someone scrolled 'Murderer' across her front door, etc...)

Edited by sunnyface
carly
  • Like 2

Trina and Portia talk about her relationship with Spencer, Jordan/Curtis/Zeke talk about Curis/Portia, Ava and Austin act like they have a relationship, Spencer tells Esme how awful she was, and Violet pushes Finn and Liz together some more. How do they make a soap opera so boring?

At least Sonny talking to Sasha made sense. How is that the best thingon the show today ?

• Like 11

I wonder how much they film out of order and if Sasha actress might have scenes with her pregnant belly that she will try to hide desperately behind a giant purse. I was completely thrown that this scene was filmed after she had her kid. 

The scenes with Sonny were good.

The rest was good for the trash bin. Curtis is garbage. "I thought we agreed that we wouldn't tell Portia." Dude, have a tall glass of shut the fuck up and leave your ex alone. Thanks.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6

OMG, Curtis. Get over yourself. 

At least Portia finally told Trina her marriage was none of Trina's business.

Ugh, shut up, Violet.

1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

I was completely thrown that this scene was filmed after she had her kid. 

They film at least a month ahead, so I imagine SM will be offscreen pretty soon. She obviously worked up until the very last minute.

• Like 6
19 hours ago, TVbitch said:

This show is doing a great job of making me dislike pretty much all of the characters ~even ones I used to like! Can't watch Ava be so stupid. Don't care for Austin's 3rd new personality. Nina has crossed my line by gaslighting a neurologically impaired Ned. So has Portia for using her medical practice to manipulate Esme. I've had enough of Spencer and his pathetic punches. Don't want to watch Finn and Liz be coy and flirt AGAIN when I already did this for like a freaking year the first time. Hate that BLQ has learned NOTHING and is now betraying Maxie. Love a witty barb, but why are they making Tracy so super bitchy in almost every single scene with anyone. And, finally, sorry to be petty, but I can't help but notice Moss is getting too big for his planter. Can wardrobe not get him a planter that fits?!

Amen to all of this.  There's no one and nothing to root for right now, and there doesn't seem to be anything better on the horizon.  Can't think of a time, on any soap, that I couldn't find something redeeming.

Except for yesterday, when I really enjoyed whatever played as background music for Drew and Carly.  Didn't enjoy the pairing, just the music.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Cameron is more than your friend, Spencer. He's also your cousin! 

Wow, Curtis, slut-shaming Jordan for meeting Zeke in a bar? You are worse than trash. Why Jordan didn't drop-kick him out of her office is beyond me.

• Like 11
(edited)

I missed yesterday’s Austin/Ava kiss (replaying it I saw RH’s arm and that’s about it) so I was surprised today started with them having had sex. RH looked buff and everything so I’m not sure why we didn’t see more of the action and avoid a few Carlys sex scenes (did I just answer my question?) 

I don’t understand why the show had A/A sleep together and hope it wasn’t a baby making event (yes, Ava is probably post menopausal but it hasn’t stopped other soaps and I no longer expect reality from GH).

AP is great in scenes with the babies and NAC. We talk a lot about the Chavez’ great future, but she’s bound to have one too.

Edited by Desperado
  • Like 7
(edited)

I think AP and NAC have much more chemistry than Sprina. They were one of the more interesting parts of the show today. I was disappointed that Ava actually had sex with what's his name, although I was happy to see her kick him out shortly afterward. I just hope they don't become the new hot couple. (I've said this before, but I see nothing appealing about Howarth, and I don't respect him as an actor. I'll go sit in the corner now.)

Edited by rur
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2

I would have maybe been ok with Ava and Austin having a relationship before but now that he’s got her in a bind with Mason and his family, I don’t want them together. Between his warnings of Mason and his family being dangerous without giving her details and him taking Avery on the pretense that it would keep Ava safer, a relationship just feels squicky now

• Like 9

Seriously Curtis, you can take several seats with your righteous indignation. ‘My daughter,’ ‘my business,’ ‘you’ll be sorry if you interfere’ yada yada. How is it possible that I once longed to have this man on my screen every day? Now all I want is for him to DIAF. And he can take all the Carlys with him, along with Gladys and Austin. The whole ‘who’s the big bad?’ Story is beyond ridiculous. And when she threatened Austin today, I could only wonder why she didn’t do the same to Mason?

at least Jordan stood up for herself and told bot Zeke and Curtis to STFU and get out.

Trina, Spencer hasn’t changed. And he likely never will. You either accept him for who he is or you move on. Portia may have ulterior motives but she wasn’t wrong when she said that if Spencer is in her life, and Ace is in his, then Esme will always be there too. Learn to live with it or don’t, but stop expecting him to change just because you don’t like his behavior. No relationship ever survives without acceptance. That doesn’t mean you have to like it, but you do have to come to terms with it.

I guess at least the week ended without a single Carly on my screen, so that’s a plus. 

Happy Friday everyone!

• Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/30/2023 at 4:38 PM, rur said:

I think AC and NAC have much more chemistry than Sprina. They were one of the more interesting parts of the show today. I

Absolutely! There was a little glimmer since nuTrina came on, but it fizzled fast and I just don't think she is that good of an actress.  AP and NAC in a who's fooling who dynamic while they actually slowly fall in love could be watchable .... I FF through everything else.

Edited by Blackie
proper initials
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, rur said:

I was disappointed that Ava actually had sex with what's his name, although I was happy to see her kick him out shortly afterward. I just hope they don't become the new hot couple. (I've said this before, but I see nothing appealing about Howarth, and I don't respect him as an actor. I'll go sit in the corner now.)

Maura & Roger have zero romantic chemistry and roger is a terrible actor who plays every character the same way. But other than that it was disgusting that she slept with a man that took her daughter. She bashed Nikolas over the head( the man she supposedly loved) and “ killed” him for making a empty threat to take Avery. But Austin actually takes Avery and Ava sleeps with him on the same day🤮 so much for being so concerned about your daughters safety. And let’s not forget Austin currently manipulating,blackmailing, and gaslighting Ava to do his and masons bidding.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
43 minutes ago, Gemini2989 said:

And let’s not forget Austin currently manipulating,blackmailing, and gaslighting Ava to do his and masons bidding.

I agree with the first two, but how is Austin gaslighting Ava?

• Like 1

So depressed with the disrespecting of Sprina.

Where is the love? Greenland?

Why did Spencer and Ebola get all that screen time together, but they can't give Sprina that? 

The writing is SHIT!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 4
10 hours ago, jsbt said:

Yeah, never going to ship Spencer and the psycho.

Same!  They are both talented and it's a blast to watch them play off of each other.  But not romantically, nope. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Again, I may be in the minority but I’m not understanding why Trina has to accept that Spencer is a thug who just can’t help but punch Dex whenever he’s around. That’s silly and pathetic and would annoy me too!  It’s like that weird sauna scene where Spencer was acting like Josslyn’s boyfriend. Spencer’s whole beef with Dex is OTT and silly. I doubt Cameron cares as much as Spencer. It’s weird. AFAIC, he punched Dex for no reason and got beat up. That’s on him. Why should Trina coddle him and tend to his wounds?!? How is it wrong or harassing to want a boyfriend who’s not always fighting someone? I don’t even like Dex but Spencer brought that on himself. If he’s hurt…..oh well. Maybe he needs to stop throwing punches when he can’t fight back. 

Anyway, having Trina leave him was clearly written for the scene with Esme. As a black woman, I see where GH is going, and I find it highly insulting. Jex have a very easy relationship but Sprina has been nothing but problems and contrived tension from the start. They can’t even get a month of happiness before it goes to crap. I’m sure the plan is to tease their fans endlessly probably while he hops in bed with Esme.

Nah. GH can miss me with all that. My time is precious and I’m not wasting it on a crap soap where the scales aren’t even balanced and the writing is complete trash. This could have been a fun, sexy time for Sprina but GH clearly isn’t interested in them so it is what it is. I’m sure you Spencer/Esme fans will get your wish sooner than Sprina fans will ever get ours. 🤷🏾‍♀️

At this point, I hope they bring on someone for Trina/TA but that’s probably not gonna happen either. Trina has to settle for a guy who is obsessed with his baby brother, lives with his ex and acts like her baby daddy, coparents with his ex even though the kid isn’t his, who has yet to take Trina on a proper date, lies all the time, who is obsessed with her bestie’s BF, and who has zero impulse control?! That’s the best she can get?!? 🙄

I’m not a fan of her acting like his mother either but I’m also not a fan of how they’re currently writing him. This recent fight with Dex was unnecessary, and I fully understood Trina’s frustrations and why she left him. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 5

Because of the whole set ups for the sex episode we had on Thursday, I was really expecting Spencer and Esme to also have sex. And on Friday too. I don't think it's a dodged bullet. 

And Portia pissed me off with the whole Esme and Spencer are going to parenting classes together. 

I don't care about Sprina at all, or any of the couples we have if I'm being completely honest, but this stuff is so heavy handed. 

• Like 3

I know Carly's fine is a setup for some wacky job situation, but it's yet another insult to the audience because there's so much that a person in her situation could do legally. Most obviously -- while Sonny might not be able to pay her fine because of "optics," it makes legal sense for him to begin paying alimony and/or increased child support, which he was willing to do anyway.

• Like 8

You must have missed the memo that Carly is a strong, independent woman who can take care of herself and most definitely does not need a man to take care of her problems. 

It was sent a few days ago while she was saying goodbye to her current boyfriend who is going to prison for a crime she committed.

• Like 2
  • LOL 20
53 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I know Carly's fine is a setup for some wacky job situation, but it's yet another insult to the audience because there's so much that a person in her situation could do legally. Most obviously -- while Sonny might not be able to pay her fine because of "optics," it makes legal sense for him to begin paying alimony and/or increased child support, which he was willing to do anyway.

I've never dealt with the feds but just watching friends and relatives deal with state stuff and one IRS thing, I'm pretty sure the courts would accept a payment schedule - especially since she has assets that they could put a lien on. No need to cough up 5 million in cash.

Also, she still has a boatload of Aurora stock, right? As long as it's still in business, she should be able borrow against it or sell it. (Sonny and Drew in business together, that's amusing to contemplate.)

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

So today I was doing something semi-embarrassing I occasionally do, which was combing through Serial Drama's archives for funny posts, when I came across this bit, which was written ten years ago and, infuriatingly and hilariously, still completely applies today:

Wow. I've always known I was pretty jealous of Carly and in general anyone like her who is so into their own awesomeness and point-of-view that dumb little things like paying attention to things that other people say or do, or basic human empathy, or brutally honest personal feedback, etc., do not in any way pierce the self-involved un-self-aware bubble that they live in. Wouldn't that be an easier way to live? To just always think your perspective is the right one and that you are wonderful and never, ever be able to experience anything that contradicts that because you are simply not listening?

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

Also, she still has a boatload of Aurora stock, right? As long as it's still in business, she should be able borrow against it or sell it.

Especially now that her accounts have been unfrozen. But no, we have to watch Carly live like the plebes and suffer for it. Maybe she'll be reduced to asking Elizabeth for economizing tips.

2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Most obviously -- while Sonny might not be able to pay her fine because of "optics,"

I might have misunderstood, but I thought it was more than just bad optics for Sonny to help her out, it was illegal? I admit to not paying much attention to Carly's self-inflicted woes.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Mirabelle said:

It was sent a few days ago while she was saying goodbye to her current boyfriend who is going to prison for a crime she committed.

He is going to prison because he was talking about Aurora's confidential information around a person who was able to use the inside information to make a stock purchase for her gain. He was fiscally responsible and he still was the one that was talking about sensitive information in public where anyone could hear him.

He is also the one that decided to arrange a deal without telling anyone else to take all the blame and was SHOCKED that the judge rejected the deal and sentenced him to more time.

Drew is in jail due to his own choices.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
27 minutes ago, nilyank said:

and was SHOCKED that the judge rejected the deal and sentenced him to more time.

to be fair, that doesn't happen all that often.

I think Curtis needs the same talk that Drew and Carly need.  It's not Zeke''s fault that portia found out you kissed Jordan.  It's yours for kissing Jordan.

Is it wrong of me that I just want the Esme stuff to fizzle out and her not get in trouble.  there are actual murderers and rapists that skate on this show.  Unless you're Drew.  then you can't get away with anything.

42 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Could the other stockholders file a civil suit against Carly?  (Not that it would happen.)

Do we know if other stockholders lost money.  We know that she bought a bunch of stock to drive up the price and we know that it went down.  But, if it went down because the merger didn't go through, that has nothing to do with her crime. I would thinkg  the only ones that would have lost partly based on what she did would be people who bought because it was going up and then sold when it went down.  the long-term stockholders likely wouldn't have been affected at all.

• Like 3
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I think Curtis needs the same talk that Drew and Carly need.  It's not Zeke''s fault that portia found out you kissed Jordan.  It's yours for kissing Jordan.

Too bad Portia doesn't know the whole truth. I don't she would be so quick talking about Curtis being a man of quality.

He's trash, girlfriend. Vile stinking trash.

Also, is it just me or has the actor stopped emoting. He delivers all his lines the same way, there's no emotion, no oomph. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Cameron is more than your friend, Spencer. He's also your cousin! 

The Show has never emphasized that because they are not in fact biological cousins; Zander is Cameron's biological father. Since WL was cast as SORASed Cam, it seems like avoiding referencing Lucky being in the dad role for Cam when he was little is a very deliberate choice by the writers. Cam has said "we share a grandmother" re: Spencer but not even Laura said her own son's name when talking to Cam about how he grew up.

Cam has been one of the very few stable males in Spencer's life who cared about him  (maybe the only aside from Step Grandpa Kevin?) So I get that he's angry that Joss heartlessly dumped Cam for a guy she barely knows and that likely played a part in Cam now being happy to go off to college outside of Port Charles.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Do we know if other stockholders lost money.  We know that she bought a bunch of stock to drive up the price and we know that it went down.  But, if it went down because the merger didn't go through, that has nothing to do with her crime. I would thinkg  the only ones that would have lost partly based on what she did would be people who bought because it was going up and then sold when it went down.  the long-term stockholders likely wouldn't have been affected at all.

The stock didn’t crash because of the merger. It crashed when the merger vote was going on because other investors saw the stock manipulation going on and pulled out early before they lost their shirt. So some of those investors likely got a big pay out or broke even.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also, is it just me or has the actor stopped emoting. He delivers all his lines the same way, there's no emotion, no oomph. 

It's all self-righteous smugness. Ugh.

• Like 6
22 hours ago, rur said:

I think AC and NAC have much more chemistry than Sprina. They were one of the more interesting parts of the show today. I was disappointed that Ava actually had sex with what's his name, although I was happy to see her kick him out shortly afterward. I just hope they don't become the new hot couple. (I've said this before, but I see nothing appealing about Howarth, and I don't respect him as an actor. I'll go sit in the corner now.)

Then I can sit in the corner with you. I am a long-time Elizabeth fan who hated that she got paired with nuFranco. I despised seeing the "Franco is obsessed with Jason and his first born" storyline turn into Franco is Jake's art therapist building into the "great love story of Franco and Elizabeth." My favorite scene of their entire relationship was when she snapped at him in response, "it's not my job to make you better!"

I  agree that AC and NAC have much more chemistry than "Sprina" as well. The chemistry/sexual tension that existed between the Trina and Spencer when Makayla was in the role is just gone now. I saw more heat between them in the almost-kiss at the gallery when Esme walked in on them, right before Spencer went to prison, then I saw in that makeout/talk between lip touches scene with nuTrina following the Portia-Curtis wedding. 

Have Spencer and Trina even had a real date (NOT the wedding) or just drama? I don't actually think Spencer's fixation on little Ace is weird. Spencer has been lonely his whole life. Nikolas was not a present and engaged parent. Spencer always wanted a real mother and yearned for his father's love and attention yet was repeatedly deeply hurt by his father's actions.

Now, he has a baby brother and believes "Father abandoned him/us and it's all my fault." In a mis-guided attempt to give his baby brother everything their father didn't give him and also finally now have the feeling of being part of an actual loving family, he is attempting to make a reality of this mental fantasy he has of himself and "Ace" being together with some help/support from Grandmother, Step Grandfather Kevin, cousin Charlotte and new girlfriend Trina. The wild card is the baby's mother, dangerous/crazy Esme.

In the Esme-Spencer scene, I liked that Spencer talked about their past at boarding school because it's a window into what was going on before SORASed Spencer showed up in Port Charles. You could see in his eyes that he remembers falling in love with Esme and then recently how much it hurt to find out his first love had been lying to and manipulating him. Their dialogue about the snow globe indicates that maybe not the entire relationship was calculated by Esme.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

He stopped doing that around 2016.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
23 hours ago, jsbt said:

Yeah, never going to ship Spencer and the psycho.

Same here, though I guess I shouldn’t be surprised the show is already gearing them up for a triangle before even allowing Sprina to be a real couple for very long. Fans have been clamoring for Sprina, even with a change in actress, but this show hates romance. I guess the most shocking thing is the triangle isn’t Spencer/Joss/Block of Wood. 

I see no chemistry btwn NAC and Avery Pohl (I think all the AC references in the comments are meant to be her?) and didn’t when the characters were together and boning either. I like the actress a lot but this whole storyline is a waste. Probably a moot point as I doubt we will have NAC much longer but I hope they don’t waste Trina on another boring Rory type romance in the future. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 6

I don't think Spencer/Trina are languishing because this show hates romance. (Okay, it does, but I don't think it is the reason.)

Consider Nik/Gia decades before. Which was nuked for God-awful (IMO!) Nik/Emily.

Jason and Keesha, which got erased once Jason Morgan was "born".

The languishing of Tom/Simone.

Gee, makes one wonder what the issue is for the network. I'm sure it will come to me...

Are we sure it's 2023?

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
16 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Gee, makes one wonder what the issue is for the network. I'm sure it will come to me...

Are we sure it's 2023?

I really don't fucking get it. Interracial relationships have been common since the 90's. Hell, the president of the United States for 8 years and the current hot starlet of the moment are both biracial. I work at a movie theater and I see so many biracial kids walking around as well. It's not a big deal at all. I don't get why it's still getting treated like one.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

If the show were anti interracial couples, Sprina wouldn't be a thing at all.

But, what I came to say, since I realized characters are being ridiculously stupid, and this will be mostly aimed at Dex and trina, mostly Dex because of his 2 cents worth.  they can take the evidence to the police and say that it might not be genuine because Uncle Victor was sus.  that might just make them ignore it, but as for Dex's point, nobody would be arrested over it.

• Like 2

How shitty would it look if the guy dating the Black woman leaves her for the white woman who drugged and framed her?  Cannot wait.

6 minutes ago, Katy M said:

If the show were anti interracial couples, Sprina wouldn't be a thing at all.

You don't have to be 100% anti-Black to be anti-Black. 

They can roll out as many interracial couples as they want to, but if the show is just going to end up tanking them over and over again then there might be a problem.

• Like 5
  • Applause 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Outside of the Labine era GH has often been pretty lousy for Black representation. But in fairness, I think it was a different story with Nikolas and Gia back in the day.  They were a pretty frontburner couple in the early 2000s, until Guza returned and Marisa Ramirez promptly left. The Gia recast didn't work (not that they had any investment) and they were clearly angling to bring back Tyler as Nikolas and then to bring back Emily. By that point Nikolas and Gia had been on the backburner and then over for close to a year amidst the creative regime change. So there were several factors.

There was also a lot more interracial romance on the network in general in that era - although I was not a big fan of her character or that storyline, you would not see the kind of heavy-duty A-story the amazing Renee Elise Goldsberry got on OLTL in a triangle between several leading men (mostly white) or opposite a white female lead at that time on GH today. At OLTL we took it for granted at the time, but now soaps have somehow regressed back from that. Trina is the exception to that rule, and I still often feel they've only given in to that audience support grudgingly.

People's personal tastes aside, the fact is the Trina recast has been a serious success with the audience and that the couple is only more popular now than it was a year ago. But I did fear early on this year that they would try to have it both ways - keep the Spencer/Trina fans on side, but run out the clock on Chavez' contract by keeping Spencer and Trina deeply embroiled with Esme and a baby to slow-walk any romantic story focusing centrally on them, all in the hopes of not upsetting the bigots in the audience too much.

The truth, I think, is it's hard to know now. Things change from week to week on a soap. I've seen people proclaim the forever death of a couple or a story so many times online and then things turn on a dime. I definitely did not expect Spencer/Trina to get the exposure and intimate material they did during the Cassadine adventure and shortly thereafter. I think GH is walking a tightrope and also trying to soft-pedal certain stuff to coddle the worst parts of what they believe to be their audience (which is not something I condone doing). And it seems like a lot of the show might already be scab work, I don't know.

I do think Chavez is definitely gone when his contract is up. But as for Spencer and Trina, I wouldn't be so sure. I do think they are deeply enamored of Avery Pohl (who's very talented) and are stupidly testing the waters again to see if enough people will like Spencer with a 'nice' white girl. I don't think they'll be doing People Magazine any time soon though.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
18 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

How shitty would it look if the guy dating the Black woman 

That's my point: have Spencer and Trina actually declared that they are a couple, and are they actually going out on dates like a picnic in the park (remember Rory?) or a romantic dinner alone followed by a walk somewhere with a nice view, to talk about the future they want? Her hanging out at Laura and Kevin's while Spencer is arguing/trying not to fight with Esme and focusing on his baby brother does not count to me as a relationship. 

If there is going to be drama with them, I want it to be over them confronting Joss about why she broke up with Cam and her hiding her "relationship" with Dex from Trina, her supposed best friend, for months.

Do Joss and Dex go out on actual dates? My impression is that they talk/argue about Sonny and have sex. That's it. In which case, Joss discovered she enjoys sex when with Dex and is in lust. Yippee.  Hey Joss, remember that with Cam you got to have a real life, go on dates and socializes with friends. Your loss!

It amazes me that teenagers Lucky and Elizabeth went to NYC together, danced,  had real romantic moments, and had social times with Nikolas and Emily. Yet 20-year-olds with some independence can't manage to have a normal couple good time with friends or alone (without sex). How sad and what lousy writing. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 5
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

It's because they're very hesitant to show them as a couple doing couple things. Everything is plot-driven or about the next obstacle to romance and intimacy.

It's tempting to say that's a conspiracy, and I do think the show is very gunshy about elements of Spencer and Trina and deliberately eliding certain things. But the reality is that most couples on the show these days are not shown very lovey-dovey that often IMO. Everything is so plot-oriented now. Look at the absolutely idiotic saga of Brook Lynn and Chase, in which their every story is dictated by whether BLQ secretly gave Little Man Chase too much lunch money or whatever this week.

• Like 7
32 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Is it me or is the kissing between Sprina “off”? Joss and Dex are sucking face with open mouths but not Sprina. It all seems way too chaste. 🤷🏼‍♀️

It's possible it's the actors' choice. Aren't Eden McCoy and Evan Hofer dating IRL? That would give them a layer of familiarity that TA and NC don't have.

• Like 4
  • Useful 6

Program note: Tuesday’s episode will be a repeat as you would expect for a holiday. My DVR is saying it will be the March 29 episode where the town says goodbye to Epiphany

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's possible it's the actors' choice. Aren't Eden McCoy and Evan Hofer dating IRL? That would give them a layer of familiarity that TA and NC don't have.

I was not aware of this but man I hope she doesn’t have the pull her tv mom does if it’s true. He’s not as bad as LWB but he’s still a Block of Wood. 

It’s summer now, so maybe WL/Cam can roll back into town and get in the midst of all this, including the Esme plot line. 

• Like 9