Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Melgaypet said:

I know I said myself not too long ago that menopause barely exists on soaps, but I cannot roll my eyes hard enough at the idea of Heather being the mother of 20 year-old Esme. It's not the only reason that's stupid (how many secret children can one lunatic have?), but it's a big one.

Though I should be grateful it's not Felicia like they were hinting at for a while there.

I'm thinking it was supposed to be Felicia, but Kristina Wagner's personal issues caused the writers to pivot, so they pulled Heather out of their collective ass.

Still ridiculous, though!

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
2 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I know I said myself not too long ago that menopause barely exists on soaps, but I cannot roll my eyes hard enough at the idea of Heather being the mother of 20 year-old Esme. It's not the only reason that's stupid (how many secret children can one lunatic have?), but it's a big one.

I raise you a Sheila Carter. Doesn't get worst than that. How many kids does that loon have now? 5-6?

But I agree with the whole pushing 70 Heather with a 20 year old. I don't even know why they did this other than the whole Esme drew the short straw with her parental unit. 

I'm not adverse to her memory loss. It gives the chance to see how she behaves away from Ryan's influence and if her behavior was a nature vs nurture thing.

• Like 9

So now Willow is 8 months pregnant? Didn’t she just start chemo less than a month ago when she entered her second trimester? Geez, pregnancy on this show either lasts two years or two months, depending on the writers’ whim!

I am looking forward to the Nina/Willow reveal though. At least the initial fallout. Because we all know in the end, everyone will make nice and Nina will beg to be a donor.

still can’t decide if esme is faking her amnesia. But AP is doing a really good job with the material. 

For a doctor, Finn is pretty stupid. He finds prenatal vitamins at wyndemere. Then he sees Liz with them. Immediately jumps to the conclusion that they’re hers and now that Esme shows up pregnant with Nick’s kid, he still thinks Liz had a miscarriage?🙄

what was with nina looking over Sonny’s head when she was saying that yes, she wants him to take care of her?

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So, instead of increasing the chemo cocktail-more aggressive--since the FIRST round didn't do the job they were hoping for, it's keep on looking for a donor.

FUCKING OFFENSIVE.🤬🤬

That's not what was said.  Terry said they would continue to explore "other options," meaning chemo.  The way they're treating the actual medicine (results after one treatment, etc) is ridiculous, but this story isn't really about the leukemia, it's about getting to the Nina reveal and that comes with the bone marrow match, so I'd rather they get to that asap then deal with Willow acting the brave martyr doing all she can for her baby.

6 hours ago, Desperado said:

Michael and Willow crushingly disappointed after getting their hopes up?
Today was a good show.

Between Willow's interpretation of why Sonny is with Nina (she reflects back what Sonny wants to hear)?  Pot, kettle, black, Willow and Michael again telling on himself as to why he really "hates" Sonny (because he's not the callous asshole who would've killed Nina when returning to PC), it was delightful.

Alexis's reaction to Nik telling her he was the father of Esme's baby was hilarious.  All the dragging on his has been spot-on.  And, Elizabeth?  Never play poker. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Blackie said:

Ava looked fantasic today - her blouse, the colour, her earrings, her hair -- I loved everything and she matched the walls.

Dumb plot point that Sonny would be reading Willow's medical record in Nina's apartment

I don't think it was a dumb plot point at all. The show did a really good job of explaining why the record was there, and everything as it happened from Nina getting them, bringing them to her place to Sonny reading them was naturally, organically done. Because Liesl was distraught, had just barged into Britt's office and began grabbing things, she mixed up medical files and Britt's personal stuff. to calm her down and help, Nina offered to bring it home and take care of it herself for Liesl.

Nina understandably was distracted each time she was about to see it herself, to check on Liesl, to respond to Ava. She pulled out a bunch of them and set the papers down while going through them. She explained the mix-up naturally to Ava--who would wonder what is this box of stuff.

Sonny, who is Nina's boyfriend came in and the two smooched and talked. It's cold/winter and they talked about getting something warm to drink. Nina went to get it and Sonny sat down. He was alone, bored, waiting and, oh, look, a bunch of loose papers here, what's that? He started rifling through them.

All of that was very naturally, organically done, explained well.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I know I said myself not too long ago that menopause barely exists on soaps, but I cannot roll my eyes hard enough at the idea of Heather being the mother of 20 year-old Esme.

I had to give a urine sample before chemo when I was in my mid-50s to rule out being pregnant because of some dumb rule with the protocol I was on. Every woman under the age of 60 was required to do that. I couldn't believe it.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1

They did weight, blood and urine tests on me before chemo and adjusted the amount of the chemo i got based on the results. (It mean an extra 2 hours at the hospital waiting for the results.)

The chemo was what kicked me into menopause. I was 55 at the time (and fortunately not pregnant.)

• Useful 1

I had to sign papers that I wouldn't get pregnant when I went on Accutane. I am...very much not able to get pregnant. (I'm a cis dude)

I really hope we're not headed for another baby swap. For a lot of reasons. Willow may be dull as dishwater but she doesn't deserve that. It's become such a tired trope. I am also just tired of dead babies on soaps and have been for a long time. It's a child, not a plot device. I dont need Michael to have another spawn but the custody fight over Ace would be far more interesting than another baby switch.

And wasn't Ace the name Kelly and Kevin gave Babe's kid on OLTL? Are we that creatively bankrupt that we are reusing swapped baby nlames? (Of course we are)

(And apologies to any AMC folks triggered by that name up there.)

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I hate baby SLs on soaps but I do think a baby swap is imminent and I’m guessing it’s Willow’s baby that is a tock and she panics and steals Esme’s baby. There’s so many anvils. Willow sacrificing everything for the baby, saying today that Michael can’t lose another kid (which be for real Willow) and the history of Nina briefly stealing Ava’s baby and her twin pulling her own baby swap. She could easily justify that she deserves a baby and someone like Esme doesn’t. We saw her do it with Nelle. It’ll also set up Esme’s whitewash, which we know is coming and with Nikolas firmly under the bus, there has to be something else going on with her SL. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
59 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, why can't both babies be tocks?

This is where I am. Kill both babies. Some women miscarry several times so the idea that Willow can't lose anoher kid is not true. It would suck (for her) if she did, but she can and should. Give her a depression arc or something. Esme's "plot point" baby never should have been written into the script. With MC leaving, I'm even more sure this baby should die, esp. if I have to suffer through more Esme. Have her go on a rage about her dead baby or whatever. 

I just don't think any babies are particularly interesting on this show. The one baby I was excited about - Brucas's kid - was snatched from them and given to loser Michael who didn't even need a kid.

GH pulls from the "baby" box way too much for my taste, and most babies are just there to be fought over and then they disappear. No thanks. That's not interesting to me anymore. Seen it already. The last custody battle I was truly invested in was btw Todd and Blair on OLTL over Starr. They fought over her enough to last a lifetime for me. 

I'm also a family lawyer so I think most of these characters just need to grow up and split custody. 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 11
  • Applause 2
6 minutes ago, lala2 said:

The last custody battle I was truly invested in was btw Todd and Blair on OLTL over Starr.

Ah, Starr Wars. That takes me back. The last custody battle I was invested in was also on OLTL, and didn't even happen. That would be the battle for Sierra Rose Morasco that was gearing up to be Sky vs. Gigi/Rex vs. Kyle/Fish (and possibly with Kim/Clint in the mix) and got cut short to a one-day affair where the assumed bio dad got carted off to jail and the real bio dad disappeared and the aunt was a faux-noble bint with a douchebag boyfriend who would never again mentioned the beloved baby niece she intended to raise as her own, and I still have a lot of feelings about this, clearly.

I can't actually remember a GH custody case that I cared about.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Terry said they would continue to explore "other options," meaning chemo. 

Then why not just say "more aggressive chemo" instead of euphemisms? The whole story is HORRIBLE; or rather, the way they've been writing is horrible.

• Like 8

Haven't most of the custody battles in the past 25 years involved Sonny? If you don't give a damn about him or the fruit of his loins, the stakes were low. 

The one story I'd love to see but I know would never happen would be for Sonny to find out he's got an STD. We know the man doesn't know how and/or won't use a condom.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
22 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Ah, Starr Wars. That takes me back. The last custody battle I was invested in was also on OLTL, and didn't even happen. That would be the battle for Sierra Rose Morasco that was gearing up to be Sky vs. Gigi/Rex vs. Kyle/Fish (and possibly with Kim/Clint in the mix) and got cut short to a one-day affair where the assumed bio dad got carted off to jail and the real bio dad disappeared and the aunt was a faux-noble bint with a douchebag boyfriend who would never again mentioned the beloved baby niece she intended to raise as her own, and I still have a lot of feelings about this, clearly.

I wasn't watching OLTL during that saga but that sounds horrible! What an anti-climatic way to end a story! Soaps really suck sometimes! 

I can't remember a GH one I cared about either. As a Brucas fan, I was happy for Brucas to get a baby, but when Nelle came around, I just knew a baby switch was in the works b/c soap writers are devoid of imagination. He may not be popular but I've always loved Brad so the minute he was in that car accident, I literally just turned the show off b/c I didn't want to see what happened next for him. I was so disappointed that he was being thrown under the bus b/c CL decided to leave! Argh! 

Oh, and I remember being invested in GV's Lucky claiming Jake b/c he was such a good father to all of Liz's kids but that's it. Like the last 5 kids born on this show - Donna, Bailey, Avery, Leo, and Wiley - I couldn't have cared less about! LOL! I still don't care about these kids and don't think any of them should have been born! LOL! 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Oh, and I remember being invested in GV's Lucky claiming Jake b/c he was such a good father to all of Liz's kids but that's it. Like the last 5 kids born on this show - Donna, Bailey, Avery, Leo, and Wiley - I couldn't have cared less about! LOL! I still don't care about these kids and don't think any of them should have been born! LOL! 

Same. I think I my case, I only care about a soap kid if I really love their parents, well at least 1 of them. Usually I have to like the couple. It’s been a long time since someone fit that criteria and even then, I’m ok with only seeing them occasionally. I’m still not over the years of A stories about baby and kid Michael and the crazy amount of screentime he got. He single handedly made a lot of characters unwatchable to me because he was so central to their storylines. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
50 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

The one story I'd love to see but I know would never happen would be for Sonny to find out he's got an STD. We know the man doesn't know how and/or won't use a condom.

That reminds me back in the day when Stone found out that he was HIV positive after he and Robin had unprotected sex (no condom but Robin was on the pill). Robin and Brenda were talking about this and Brenda insisted that she and Sonny always used protection, every time.

Meanwhile, Sonny would end up having 3 oopsie babies (Dante, Kristina, Avery), 4 unplanned children who were miscarried or died at birth (with Lily, with Carly, with Sam, with Claudia), 1 surprised baby (Donna) and only 1 child that was planned (Morgan).

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
On 1/4/2023 at 10:14 AM, mostlylurking said:

Was that ornament made of stone?  Because my ornaments break if they fall of the tree onto the tree skirt!

Apparently it was glass.  Glass that can be lit on fire.

• LOL 3

If we can’t have two tocks, a baby switch where Michael and/or Willow go rogue might make one of them interesting for a while.

Ava’s coat was just gorgeous. I thought her scenes with Nina were good - and featured a rare female friendship - even though they were mostly recapping. 

• Like 8

I like Esme as a villain, but I think making a new psycho a kid of two gigantic psychos is cartoon overkill. It's not necessary and frankly Heather is a little old to be her mom. It is OTOH in character for Heather to steal or claim her due to an infatuation with her lover. 

(I still wish her mother was Kimberlin Brown's scheming Rachel Locke from PC, who had a long and tortured relationship with the Collins family, but c'est la vie. Rachel was also a less blatant nutjob than Heather, more of a sinister villain.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, nilyank said:

That reminds me back in the day when Stone found out that he was HIV positive after he and Robin had unprotected sex (no condom but Robin was on the pill). Robin and Brenda were talking about this and Brenda insisted that she and Sonny always used protection, every time.

Meanwhile, Sonny would end up having 3 oopsie babies (Dante, Kristina, Avery), 4 unplanned children who were miscarried or died at birth (with Lily, with Carly, with Sam, with Claudia), 1 surprised baby (Donna) and only 1 child that was planned (Morgan).

One SURPRISED baby (Donna) made me laugh out loud!  I, too, would be surprised and horrified to find out Sonny the mini moobster was my Daddy.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, driver18 said:

The show did a really good job of explaining why the record was there, and everything as it happened from

Only in GH would medical records be taken out .of a hospital I guess. Sonny can read and understand that Willow has "the leutemia".

• Like 1

We were just talking about Michael's vendetta against Sonny and the murky reasoning for it, and then they made it worse on the Monday show. The latest word is that the man Michael loved and respected never came back from Nixon Falls. You know, the one who had the decades-long career in the organized crime that Michael and Josslyn now abhor. But now it's different because Michael has seen a man suspended from a hook on Sonny's orders...which is very different from what Sonny did to Michael's biological father to gain custody. 

Then Willow seemed to agree with Michael that Sonny is a drastically diminished person now from the Sonny that Carly and Michael could respect, and she suggested that is must be hard for Sonny too to live as that man. Was she just going along with Michael in an effort to bring about dialogue and reconciliation? Because I'm honestly not seeing what they're talking about. He's just the same old Sonny with a different romantic partner and no Jason as sidekick. I find him more tolerable, actually, but that's mostly because the S&C power bloc was always bad times for me. (And Laura Wright and Maurice Benard aren't a good romantic couple. They always have worked best as exes.) 

Some of what Millow were saying sounded like what I've seen S&C fans saying on boards and social media. I think Elizabeth Korte was the last listed writer.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, Sake614 said:

still can’t decide if esme is faking her amnesia.

I don't think she is.  I think if she was we would have had a scene by now of her alone, talking to Ace and telling the baby how smart she is that she's pulling this off.  I also think it makes for better story is she's not faking 

10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

results after one treatment, etc)

Did they say one treatement or one cycle of treatments?  Because I can see wanting to know if it worked after a cycle but if it's only been one treatment than that's just dumb.  

10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Alexis's reaction to Nik telling her he was the father of Esme's baby was hilarious. 

Nancy was fantastic.  But then Nik shut her down by saying Laura had already read him the riot act and I wondered why we didn't get that scene.  The fall out scene between Laura and Nikolas.  Instead they forced Felicia to have to tell the grifter hobo about Britt's death and watch him squeeze out a tear with his bottle of Visine.  

10 hours ago, driver18 said:

I don't think it was a dumb plot point at all. The show did a really good job of explaining why the record was there,

100% agree with this.  One of the rare times when something makes a little bit of sense. I can see how those files ended up at Nina's place for Sonny to accidentally see.  The only surprising thing is that Sonny sees it before Nina does.  

9 hours ago, ffwbe said:

a baby swap is imminent and I’m guessing it’s Willow’s baby that is a tock and she panics and steals Esme’s baby.

I think it's the opposite.  If dog forbid, they do a swap, I see Ace being the tock and Esme, being desperate that she's going to jail, grabs Millow's baby, possibly taking off with it.  

• Like 4

Kelly Thiebaud gave an exit interview in SOD where she said she loved Britt's friendship with Brad and how much fun she had with Kirsten (Maxie)and then said this:

However, it was the recent friendship between Britt and Austin that had the actress reflecting on what could have been — and how “unexpected” the bond was for her and Roger Howarth. “We just floated off of each other really easily and I had a blast working with him,” she shared and admitted that if she had stayed on the soap, she would have loved to have had Britt and Austin paired up together. “I think it could have been a beautiful story, a friendship that turned into a love story.”

Ironically no mention of her pairing with Cody, but even she saw the possibilty of Britt/Austin.  What a waste.  

• Like 9
  • Sad 8
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Blackie said:

Only in GH would medical records be taken out .of a hospital I guess. Sonny can read and understand that Willow has "the leutemia".

Also, Liesl is not on staff and should not have been given access to any records in Britt’s office. I know it’s GH, but they get so many basic things ridiculously wrong. I take it the writers never worked in a big office/bureaucracy.

I also see all of you saying how bad they’re getting the serious things like cancer stories wrong too, from your own experiences, and I feel for you very much.

Edited by Desperado
  • Like 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, lala2 said:

GH pulls from the "baby" box way too much for my taste, and most babies are just there to be fought over and then they disappear. No thanks. That's not interesting to me anymore. Seen it already.

I recently had a rant on the Y&R board here, wanting a character to get an abortion. Current daytime dramas got rid of the romantic aspects of old soaps, yet are still firmly in the “every woman has to have a child” trope, that then disappears, yes. And one more, and one more… So many things can happen to us in a lifetime, restricting it to bearing kids in 2023 is unbelievably reductionary.

I think the kids stories were also done better in the past, with Robin, also BJ (my heart still breaks), Mac taking care of Felicia’s kids, etc. In my memory, things really started going bad with Michael and then Spencer.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
29 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Current daytime dramas got rid of the romantic aspects of old soaps, yet are still firmly in the “every woman has to have a child” trope, that then disappears, yes. And one more, and one more… So many things can happen to us in a lifetime, restricting it to bearing kids in 2023 is unbelievably reductionary.

Seriously. As much as we have mocked (in the past) about Lulu getting an abortion-that story was very well done. And then Lulu's guilt over it, and especially after Laura returned for a short stint-to tell her that she had one. RAW. Very powerful. 

If this happened today? Lulu would probably insist on having the baby.

36 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I think the kids stories were also done better in the past, with Robin, also BJ (my heart still breaks), Mac taking care of Felicia’s kids, etc.

1000% AGREE with this. And Jonathan Jackson's Lucky, Amber Tamblyn's Emily.

They were the last group of child actors/story lines that were any good.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Nancy was fantastic.  But then Nik shut her down by saying Laura had already read him the riot act and I wondered why we didn't get that scene.  The fall out scene between Laura and Nikolas.  Instead they forced Felicia to have to tell the grifter hobo about Britt's death and watch him squeeze out a tear with his bottle of Visine

They made a weird choice to end Thursday’s episode with Ava, Laura, and Spencer discovering that Esme is pregnant and Nikolas is the father of her baby and skipping to the next day on the following episode. I know it would get a little repetitive but there were so many filler/boring scenes last week that I would rather they have cut for these. Carly/Drew’s and Sam/Dante’s dull NYE convos and like you said, Cody reacting to Britt’s death were blah but of course those moments got screen time over scenes that would have actually been interesting.

I loved the Alexis/Nikolas scene and the group reactions that we got but there should have been more. If we had to pick and choose, we definitely should have seen Laura going after Nikolas onscreen over freaking Sonny. Not only was he being a complete hypocrite, he has no investment in this so no one cares if he gets angry at Nikolas. At least Nikolas and Alexis have an established relationship so her criticizing him has an impact.

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
10 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

That's because they're always so badly written.

9 hours ago, nilyank said:

I remember that conversation too. It's kind of amazing Brenda never had a kid via Sonny, since he basically impregnated every other woman he slept with.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Did they say one treatement or one cycle of treatments?  Because I can see wanting to know if it worked after a cycle but if it's only been one treatment than that's just dumb.  

It's been a bit unclear was is actually meant (TFGH), but they've said "one treatment." I can't believe how sloppily written this story is. (Spoiler: I can.)

• Applause 2
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

remember that conversation too. It's kind of amazing Brenda never had a kid via Sonny, since he basically impregnated every other woman he slept with.

Brenda lucked out with the bulk of her relationship with Sonny being in the 90s where they were establishing that he was cursed to not having a family of his own. No idea why they decided to change that and him impregnate 4 different women from 2000-2010 and the kid with Ava and pointless late in life Donna were even more random. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Blackie said:

Didn’t the folder have the label or handwriting that included the words Willow and leukemia? So he didn’t need to understand the medical info

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Sake614 said:

For a doctor, Finn is pretty stupid. He finds prenatal vitamins at wyndemere. Then he sees Liz with them. Immediately jumps to the conclusion that they’re hers and now that Esme shows up pregnant with Nick’s kid, he still thinks Liz had a miscarriage?🙄

I still don't understand why Liz claimed she was pregnant by Nikolas.  Maybe to explain that he has a child and Esme is gone and no one knew she was ever pregnant?  Was Liz going to use the pillow?  Why do all that for Nikolas?  Then why the miscarriage?  

There are always two pregnancies so of course there is yet another switch.  At least the Bailey Lou story involved no tock but a pillow pregnancy.  And the "mothers" cooperated on it rather than having it secret from them.  It was the fathers who got screwed over, but one of them being Peter, no one cares. 

They do go to that well too often.  It's like the writers can't think of anything new, or are told any ideas they have won't work, or it is written by a computer formula or a roomful of monkeys. 

• Like 6

Michael/Willow were just so odd today. Willow ( the nurse)  was acting like a bone marrow donor would solve all her health issues. Like it was some kind of magic bullet. And neither she nor Michael seemed affected -at all- to learn that their OBGYN ( Britt) was murdered. 

They're dealing with a complicated pregnancy and they're all... Oh Terry, Britt's death must be hard on you....

On any other, well-written show, a pregnant woman would be freaked out to learn her OB was killed, for the actual death and for the uncertainty surrounding her medical treatment. 

Michael/ Willow were practically sociopathic with how little Britt's murder impacted them. 

Totally weird.

• Like 13
32 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Michael/Willow were just so odd today. Willow ( the nurse)  was acting like a bone marrow donor would solve all her health issues. Like it was some kind of magic bullet. And neither she nor Michael seemed affected -at all- to learn that their OBGYN ( Britt) was murdered. 

They're dealing with a complicated pregnancy and they're all... Oh Terry, Britt's death must be hard on you....

On any other, well-written show, a pregnant woman would be freaked out to learn her OB was killed, for the actual death and for the uncertainty surrounding her medical treatment. 

Michael/ Willow were practically sociopathic with how little Britt's murder impacted them. 

Totally weird.

Is it weird that I didn’t find that OOC? Michael has always been incredibly self centered. If something isn’t about him or his family, he typically doesn’t give a damn and Willow has echoed all of his thoughts since they got together. Neither really think about others in any other situation so that doesn’t surprise me that they didn’t care about Britt outside of maybe shrugging that they’ll need to find another doc. 

• Like 6
Just now, ffwbe said:

If something isn’t about him or his family, he typically doesn’t give a damn and Willow has echoed all of his thoughts since they got together.

Which makes her accusation that Nina does that with Sonny all the more laughable.  Talk about zero self-awareness.

• Like 7
Just now, Cheyanne11 said:

Which makes her accusation that Nina does that with Sonny all the more laughable.  Talk about zero self-awareness.

I laughed during that convo. Willow tells Michael what he wants to hear. She barely knows Nina and knows Sonny even less. He was “dead” when Michael and Willow got together and he and Michael have been estranged since he came back so it’s not like Sonny and Willow ever bonded. The only things she knows about Sonny come from Michael since she doesn’t interact with him. What would she know about Nina and Sonny’s relationship?

Frankly I hate Sonny and don’t particularly care about Nina but what we’ve seen of them together seems way more happy and healthy than Michael and Willow. Those 2 spend all of their time judging others or poorly communicating with each other but think they have an amazing relationship. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Shocker, Drew starts to grow a backbone. But they are rehabbing Carly because she admitted to him both the Denise and Josiah stalls instead of holding one back, and then that Nina is her mother. I still don't trust that Drew won't get all "I understand why you did it" and forgive her.

Of course Nina says that helping Willow is the most important thing.

Why can't Willow eat a cookie? Two episodes ago she was talking about how her appetite was back again.

Willow is such a sap. I wanted to throw up as she was telling Michael why is he so good to her and how she doesn't want to lean on him. Dolt, that's what husbands are for. At least good husbands.

Ironically little does she know it, Willow also has a right to a connection to Wylie as his aunt. Not as much as Nina mind, but a connection.

If Willow was diagnosed in late August (first pregnant then with leukemia), she would still only be about 6 months at this point.

Of course when Sonny calls Joss she thinks that it's all about her.

Victor doesn't own Wyndermere. He can't authorize the police to come in. Why doesn't Nik stand up to him?  And Dante, just because they cleaned and painted the room isn't proof that someone was staying there, there could have been, you know, a fire.

Someone should have taught NAC how to pronounce Ecole, since Spencer is supposed to have been to school in France.

8 hours ago, Blackie said:

It makes sense though, Liesl was stunned by the loss and just started packing up all the files on Britt's desk.

My mother was a doctor. She would take files home after office hours, put the kids to bed, and then call her patients back with their results instead of working late in her office.

The shocking things is that there were paper printouts in 2022.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Frankly I hate Sonny and don’t particularly care about Nina but what we’ve seen of them together seems way more happy and healthy than Michael and Willow. Those 2 spend all of their time judging others or poorly communicating with each other but think they have an amazing relationship. 

Our juvenile leads. Along with Joss who at least feels badly about Britt's death but still chooses Jason-clone Dex who tells her none of it is her fault and she should just forget and move on.

• Like 4

Wow that was a shocker that Carly fessed up!!!!

The whole time she was trying to tell her reasons for not wanting Willow to find her family to Drewfus, I was expecting her to yell out "You know, Jason would not be giving me such a hard time about this".

If Nicholas would have said that they recently had a fire then that would have explained the recent cleaning/painting. He could have blamed it on Demitris sneaking up there to smoke 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

I'll say it. I can't with these writers and their constant trying to even out the playing field between Carly, her bumbling dumbass of a son, Willow and Nina. Every time something comes out about them, Nina gets slagged in the process. I'm assuming that the purpose of her going to the Carlys home is that something happens to Willow because of her or her presence. Willow is probably going to end up in the hospital tomorrow.

Drew grew a brain and a spine all at once. He'll probably forgive Carly because Drew is all about forgiveness.

The other Carly and Dex sexing up on his couch? Pass. 

Willow crying to Michael about how can he not hate her and all that tearful babbling. Girl, you need the help of a psychiatrist. Please go see someone to help you deal with these deep rooted issues you have. Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Applause 9

Oh, now Joss is having a crisis of conscience? Which of course ends with her bonking Dex. Ugh.

LOL that Joss huffs about being summoned by Sonny and goes to his office to yell at him about being summoned. I think the stronger way to make that point is to ignore him, Joss. But Sonny's face when she started her harangue was pretty funny.

Oh, look, Drew is finally figuring out that maybe Carly doesn't want him to find Willow's birth parents. It is shocking Carly fessed up.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Why can't Willow eat a cookie? Two episodes ago she was talking about how her appetite was back again.

Because the idiot child was talking about baby names and she's having fee-fees. And if you're worried about Wiley being scared, TELL HIM WHAT'S GOING ON. Good lord.

53 minutes ago, Blackie said:

If Nicholas would have said that they recently had a fire then that would have explained the recent cleaning/painting. He could have blamed it on Demitris sneaking up there to smoke 

Nik has never been one to successfully think on his feet.

Someone should have taught NAC how to pronounce Ecole, since Spencer is supposed to have been to school in France.

He got the rest of the school name right, so it's weird "école: is what tripped him up.

Edited by dubbel zout
typos
  • Like 4

I’m glad Drew finally caught a clue but the writing is at an all time low with this story. It came out of nowhere. We never saw those convos between Drew and Carly where she made it obvious that she didn’t want to find Willow’s mother. In fact, we didn’t see her “helping” with the investigation at all. Then Carly randomly confesses to paying off Denise when he didn’t suspect she was actively sabotaging him and then immediately confessing that Nina is the mom once Drew tells her Willow has cancer.

This was a giant letdown. I hate when they drag out storylines and then flub the reveal. There should have been more suspicion and a much dramatic way it was revealed. Hell, the spec that dead Britt was the anonymous donor would have been way better than this. At least Drew’s sudden about face about Carly lying would have made sense with one of Nina’s relatives being a match. 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

I still don't understand why Liz claimed she was pregnant by Nikolas.

To throw Finn off the scent and protect Nikolas.  Finn saw the vitamins at Windemere when he was snooping to see if Esme was there.  Than he saw Liz with the vitamins and she didn't want him to connect it to Esme and either go back to Windemere himself or send Jordan there.  I don't think she was thinking any further than that, but when she did, she then figured she'd claim a miscarriage in a week and that would be the end of it.  It would have worked if Nikolas hadn't decided to announce it to Ava who then annouced it to Victor and Nina.  

19 hours ago, Sake614 said:

So now Willow is 8 months pregnant?

Yes

Didn’t she just start chemo less than a month ago when she entered her second trimester

Also yes!

Geez, pregnancy on this show either lasts two years or two months, depending on the writers’ whim!

Again, yes!!!

If Willow was diagnosed in late August

She was told in the June 28/29 episodes that she was pregnant.  That puts her much further than 6 months.  

The shocking things is that there were paper printouts in 2022.

I work in a dental office and we went paperless in Oct '21.  Prior to that we had physical charts with paper notes and paper reports.  A lot of our staff will still use the charts since paperless only starts from that date forward and doesn't have the previous stuff.  I can see there still being paper reports even if there are digital ones as well.  

1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

going to make Nina do one more bone-headed t

This show really hates Nina and really wants us to hate her.  I'm guessing she'll tell Michael that she knows the truth and that she'll sign up to be a donor so Michael can yell at her for looking at Willow's chart.  

55 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But Sonny's face when she started her harangue was pretty funny.

MB's been rocking the facial expressions lately, including yesterday in the scenes with Victor.  

• Like 5
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Drew grew a brain and a spine all at once. He'll probably forgive Carly because Drew is all about forgiveness.

The other Carly and Dex sexing up on his couch? Pass. 

Willow crying to Michael about how can he not hate her and all that tearful babbling. Girl, you need the help of a psychiatrist. Please go see someone to help you deal with these deep rooted issues you have. Thanks.

I was shocked and happy that Drew asked Carly who she thought she was to decide on Willow's behalf that she not find her biological mother. I kept waiting for him to walk out on her, but better to find out the details, I guess. I was also surprised at how forthcoming Carly was with her deceptions. I thought she would dissemble more.

Willow could use some counseling for so many reasons! Not the least of which is her very weird worrying about what Wiley will do in any circumstance. Being pregnant, having leukemia, having her OB be murdered, for example.

• Like 6
54 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

We never saw those convos between Drew and Carly where she made it obvious that she didn’t want to find Willow’s mother.

She was sabotaging the investigation from the get go.  When Drew said he was looking into it, she offered to help him.  When he got a hold of Denise, she got to her first and paid her off to say that Willow's mother was a drug addict who OD'd.  He had a stack of commune poeple and she went through the, found the one of Josiah and shoved it in her purse. 

When he told Willow that her mother was dead and Willow ran out crying, Carly was all, 'hey I didn't realize this meant so much to her" and he had a 'well duh' look on his face.  

Even though she didn't come right out and tell him to stop looking she also hasn't been cheerleading him to find the birth mother.  Maybe he was picking up on that.  Or maybe today was a plot point.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Like 5

Here's the issue I have with Willow's medical file being "out in the open" where anyone-Nina, Mooby could find:

It wasn't inside a manila envelope, where, you know, hard copies of reports/history, whatever are usually placed in. Like others have stated, I have to hand wave that this show doesn't know records are now digital. It can't decide if it's in the 21st century or the early 20th.

Yeah, Yeah. PLOT!POINT!

I fully expect Willow to say she would rather DIE than accept Nina's bone marrow transplant, and insist there's someone else out there whose bone marrow she can use. Because that's how she, and THE SLS roll.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1