Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Waiting to hear about Robert Scorpio, since he's the only one I like on this show.

I read on Twitter where Tristan told a fan that he was still on the show, but it was taking place off screen!😅😄😂🤣

41 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

He was on today.  anna asked him for all of his contacts because she needs everyone's help taking down Victor.  

Oh.

• LOL 2
55 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It's rough as a Dante fan these days.

You forgot "Carly dropping by sometimes"   (ps why would Carly be dropping by at Sam's?)

ETA: is it one of the pool boy's duties to put sunscreen on old ladies (Lucy is one hot old lady, but they all aren't, anyway that was creepy and these days I think the "bait and switch" having someone else touching you with no consent is kind of gross)

Line of the day was Valentin when Alexis asked him what it was going to cost  to have him pay the bill and he said "what did you order?"  😄

Britt and Austin are good together as collegues

Mac was very good today, and nice they made Felicia supportive and not stupid jealous.

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Mac was very good today, and nice they made Felicia supportive and not stupid jealous.

Same. They accept that the other has a past and don't expect the partner to disavow it. The show is getting a little better with this. Finally.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Dante and Sam said that Rocco has been spending so much time with Danny and Scout, presumably at Monica's Daycare, that they practically siblings already.  I think it's Leo's nanny who is doing the work.

That’s always going to be weird to me. I get they want to keep the kids offscreen but the kids are school age, Monica is in her 70s and works full time and Olivia is presumedly working as well. Why are the dumping the kids on the Qs constantly instead of hiring their own nanny or arranging for some kind of aftershool care? Sam never appears that busy to begin with so I never knew why she needed so much help. I know Liz’s kids were said to be with Audrey a lot when they were younger and she was working but I assumed it was because Liz was always written to be the poor one. Everyone else had their own nannies

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 1

I am not enjoying Anna pimping out Lucy.

I hope Rocco turns out to be a holy terror with Sam and it leads to relationship drama just as Lulu is waking up. That would be too interesting, of course. 

Sonny bringing over lasagna and dropping "I Love You" bombs on everyone while quietly threatening Cody and then running off to meet Victor was very Sopranos. You can tell Mo is enjoying what they are doing with him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Sonny wishing his son and one of his baby-mamas 'all the happiness' isn't creepy at all, no sirree. 

They do seem to be laying the groundwork for Emma Drake to be coming to PC--perhaps a new love interest for Cam once he's freed from the screeching asshole that is Joss.

Loved Lucy's pool ensemble--she looked great!

Felicia being so supportive of Mac and the possibility/likelihood that he's Cody's father, was so refreshing I almost wonder if the writers realized they wrote it. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Robert and Anna were discussing the fact that their granddaughter, Emma, had started college.  I guess we can expect a SORASed Emma to transfer to PCU.   

Someone else probably knows this better than me, but I think Brooklyn, the actress, is roughly the right age already.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They do seem to be laying the groundwork for Emma Drake to be coming to PC--perhaps a new love interest for Cam once he's freed from the screeching asshole that is Joss.

#FreeCam!

40 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Felicia being so supportive of Mac and the possibility/likelihood that he's Cody's father, was so refreshing I almost wonder if the writers realized they wrote it. 

At first I thought you mean Mac was so devastated by the possibility this asshole is his kid that he needed Felicia to console him and then I remembered the show isn't trying to present Cody as an jerk. The nicest thing I can say about him is his roommate is a horse. 

I hope they get another actress to play Emma if they are bringing her to the show. I was not impressed by her later stints as Emma and I think if they are going to need an actress who can hold her own against the actors and actresses who would be playing her cohorts. 

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sonny wishing his son and one of his baby-mamas 'all the happiness' isn't creepy at all, no sirree. 

Is Emma the one all the boys had a crush on when they were kids? I skipped the years of that Spencer. 

If so, I wouldn’t mind someone who gives Joss a run for her money (without being psycho like Esme). 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, racked said:

Is Emma the one all the boys had a crush on when they were kids? I skipped the years of that Spencer. 

Yes, both Spencer and Cam liked Emma.  That was when Joss was still into corn. 

There's also the added inherent ~drama of Carly and Robin's daughters being romantic rivals. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Yes, they all had a crush on her.

I don't see the point in bringing Emma on, though, since neither Robin nor Patrick is in Port Charles.

but her grandparents are. 
and it would = less Joss.

one could dream anyway

• Love 12
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Same. They accept that the other has a past and don't expect the partner to disavow it. The show is getting a little better with this. Finally.

Ironic that if any one character has a right to have their back up about their partner's past, it's Mac, given Felicia's record for fidelity during the various iterations of their relationship.

Why would they have brought Peter's body back to Port Charles to bury (cremate the mofo and flush him, I say) and why would they put him in a marked grave that was bound to be defaced?

I'm pretty over it with Anna/Valentine (maybe if the "romance" hadn't moved at a pace even a snail would sneer at, I'd have some investment). I'd go for another round of Anna/Robert.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Back to the cemetery scene, I thought Nina did an incredible job of mixed emotions without going overboard. She should send that in for Emmy consideration.

The Nelle actress was fantastic too.

The writers must have come to for a bit when writing that scene. 

Loved William Lipton's band performance. That is one multi talented kid. It was fun and it looked like the cast really enjoyed it, especially TJ. 

• Love 13

I too had to stop to think why Carly would be coming over to Dante/Sam's residence.  None of the children are shared.  Carly is related to Rocco, but she seems too busy for that cousin once removed. 

• Love 4

So... How will the show make Cam the bad guy so that the break up is not Joss' fault:

He becomes a jealous/ possessive jerk  and his behavior prompts the break-up...

He sees Joss/Dex together and becomes so angry he dumps Joss...

In a jealous rage, he cheats on Joss with either some random or a back from presumed dead Esme?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

So... How will the show make Cam the bad guy so that the break up is not Joss' fault:

He becomes a jealous/ possessive jerk  and his behavior prompts the break-up...

He sees Joss/Dex together and becomes so angry he dumps Joss...

In a jealous rage, he cheats on Joss with either some random or a back from presumed dead Esme?

Nina offers Cam a paid internship at the magazine and Joss gets mad he wants to take it instead of waiting tables at her grandmother's coffee shop. 

Cam politely excuses himself to Nina when he accidentally bumps into her and Joss is mad he didn't pick her up and throw her into the harbor.

Cam makes the point that Wiley is going to have questions about his biological mother someday and Joss gets mad he dares to suggest Willow is not Wiley's mother.

Cam points out working for Sonny means Dex is complicit in Sonny's crimes and Joss gets mad because there's more to Dex than that because they went dumpster diving together and she just knows he's different.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
On 9/6/2022 at 6:27 PM, CharethCutestory said:

I like BLQ doing what her mom did with the record company, it adds something new to the canvas that's also a nod to the past. But she should've been there to hear Cam sing today and realize he's her next big act, send Chase back to the force. 

Aargh. I did a happy dance when L&B folded up shop. I do not need to see all that revisited, even though I know that’s where this is headed. Can’t stand Chase’s singing, don’t like Cam’s either. Even when he’s trying to rock out, he sounds like teen wimp pop. UO, I know, but my FF button is about to get a whole lot of work.

15 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

I don't see the point in bringing Emma on, though, since neither Robin nor Patrick is in Port Charles.

Eh. Not everyone needs onscreen parents. (Hear that, Wiley? It’s never too early to start your emancipated minor paperwork!)

On 9/7/2022 at 10:37 AM, Daisy said:

when Brad and Lucas 

Who?

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Frank threw some shade LOL. 
Nik: sonny can't tell me who i can see.
Frank: it was't sonny. it was ava.
Trina: maybe she's just resting, and we can go in later.
Frank: NO Trina, you can go in LOL. 

I can't even with Jordan.  
Nik "i'm here to see my son before he leaves."
Jordan: "Let's talk about Ava"
Nik: "sure, after i see my son, where is he?"
Jordan: "most spouses would be more cooperative."

yeah jordan, but his son is going to jail in 1/2 an hour, shut up.

Ava tells Trina the truth about Spencer.
Mac and Felicia are relationship goals. 

rest in peace, Your Majesty. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, Steph J said:

I'm pretty over it with Anna/Valentine (maybe if the "romance" hadn't moved at a pace even a snail would sneer at, I'd have some investment). I'd go for another round of Anna/Robert.

Same.

Loved Trina’s top and her convo with Ava. She is way more generous towards Spencer than he is towards her.

I was quite surprised to be enjoying Maxie and Cody. Both actors looks much more engaged than what I’ve seen of them lately.

And I’m late in saying this but WL’s performance was great and I quite enjoyed the song. These things can be so cringe, so well done.

• Love 5

Either a very boring episode or it was preempted many places. Or both.

Maxie ... so you're going to give Cody another chance when he punches Scott but give up on him when he thinks about punching Mac? You're maintaining your reputation as a flake. But you are right that he shouldn't get any more chances.

They really are going for Nik going more and more scummy. I feel sorry for him (props to MC for that) but he is a jerk.

Jordan, maybe find another cop to process Spencer, not the one who is his romantic rival. And just because there was no yelling doesn't mean that Rory wasn't inappropriate talking to Spencer about Trina.

It takes Nina and Victor to make Sonny look like a good guy.

Sam and Dante .... Zzzzzzzz.  Just lease the house and decide later if you want to sell it.

(As for millions of others, there has never been a time in my life when Elizabeth was not my Queen. Whatever one thinks of monarchies, there is no one who worked harder or longer.)

Edited by statsgirl
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Desperado said:

I was quite surprised to be enjoying Maxie and Cody. Both actors looks much more engaged than what I’ve seen of them lately.

hmm maybe they will change direction with the 'couples'. Felicia was freaking out when Maxie said she could be attracted to him but they wouldn't be blood relatives. I actually like Austin better with Britt.

23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

As for millions of others, there has never been a time in my life when Elizabeth was not my Queen. Whatever one thinks of monarchies, there is no one who worked harder or longer.)

yes well said. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Either a very boring episode or it was preempted many places. Or both.

Preempted in a lot of places in the US for coverage of the Queen’s passing, though reportedly shown in Canada

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Preempted in a lot of places in the US for coverage of the Queen’s passing, though reportedly shown in Canada

Sort of ironic, although it was wall to wall on CBC NewsNetwork and I imagine the CTV News network as well

• Like 1
On 9/7/2022 at 3:47 PM, Blackie said:

Line of the day was Valentin when Alexis asked him what it was going to cost  to have him pay the bill and he said "what did you order?"  😄

Britt and Austin are good together as collegues

I love all these relationships, and they’re all different. Who knew these writers had it in them?

22 hours ago, Steph J said:

Me too, and it’s a shame because they could have been hot. But it’s just gone on for too long, not to mention Anna is acting like a passive aggressive teenager rather than a middle aged super spy. 

On 9/7/2022 at 8:30 PM, TVbitch said:

You can tell Mo is enjoying what they are doing with him. 

Sonny has been surprisingly enjoyable lately. It’s a good change. 

• Love 9

It’s possible there will be another preemption today for coverage of the UK Queen’s passing and King Charles stepping up as the networks are going all in on coverage. We’ll see though as it’s still a few hours away

ETA: An ABC journalist during coverage in this current hour indicated ABC will have coverage throughout the day and will be back at 1pm ET to cover King Charles’ speech to the UK, so at least some preemption is likely

Edited by DanaK
  • Useful 1
On 9/7/2022 at 9:34 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Having the same sexual partner in your past as your son is creepy.  But it’s his son, his brother, his best friend, his best friend’s twin, and his step-daughter’s father.  Also, his good friend’s husband and another good friend’s son. I know it’s a soap but come on. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Ugh, Mac mentioning losing Nathan reminded me that goon is Robert's son. I still don't buy that and never will.

As if Victor would feel threatened by someone like Sonny Corinthos.

And of course Sonny sees nothing wrong with waking up Ava in the hospital. 

• Like 1

Maybe Sante are the next Felicia and Mac. Stable, loving, look great together but less drama than a Hallmark couple. I'm not even sure waking Lulu up would impact anything.

Spencer's sendoff was pretty pitiful and sad for him. They couldn't even get Kevin there with a message from Laura? 

2 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Having the same sexual partner in your past as your son is creepy.  But it’s his son, his brother, his best friend, his best friend’s twin, and his step-daughter’s father.  Also, his good friend’s husband and another good friend’s son. I know it’s a soap but come on. 

I was hoping Sonny would make a comment while passing the lasagna, that he remembers when Sam first moved in all those years ago. It was shortly after she became pregnant with his child so he banished her across the hall to become Jason's problem. And now he's back in his old penthouse and Sam's dating his son who was almost their daughter's half brother! Full circle! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

I was hoping Sonny would make a comment while passing the lasagna, that he remembers when Sam first moved in all those years ago. It was shortly after she became pregnant with his child so he banished her across the hall to become Jason's problem. And now he's back in his old penthouse and Sam's dating his son who was almost their daughter's half brother! Full circle! 

And then raise his glass and say "To Family!"

• LOL 6

Today's show (delayed from yesterday):

This made me laugh, because it is a bit of a soap convention. IRL, I've never been accused of murder even when I was new in town. 

Cody: Every time a new person comes to town, they get accused of murder!

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, Mac mentioning losing Nathan reminded me that goon is Robert's son. I still don't buy that and never will.

You confused the hell out of me. Nathan was Maxie's husband and Faison's son. Ethan is Luke's son with Holly. Otherwise, I'm still 100% confused.

• Love 1